PDA

View Full Version : Orton and Offense has a break out game against the Cowboys.

baja
09-27-2009, 09:26 PM
This is the week the offense and Kyle put it all together and have a break out game.

Running game + passing game hitting on all 8 cylinders.

baja
09-27-2009, 09:27 PM
I see 5 Bronco touchdowns

baja
09-27-2009, 09:28 PM
35 to 17 Broncos.

SoDak Bronco
09-27-2009, 09:36 PM
Cowboys dominate the Broncos 56-0 Orton gives his glove to a fan after the game and is ready to go the next week

Broncobiv
09-27-2009, 09:48 PM
This is the week the offense and Kyle put it all together and have a break out game.

Running game + passing game hitting on all 8 cylinders.
8 cylinders? F that! Let's hit on all 12 cylinders!

But seriously, I don't see the passing game hitting on all 8 (or 12) cylinders any time soon. Here's hoping that the running game + defense continue their dominance!

SouthCarolinaBronco
09-27-2009, 09:52 PM
Here's hoping that the running game + defense continue their dominance!

Agreed! Let's just keep matriculatin' the ball down the field, boys.

sisterhellfyre
09-27-2009, 09:53 PM
Cowboys dominate the Broncos 56-0 Orton gives his glove to a fan after the game and is ready to go the next week

Orton gives away the glove? Sure... but does he moonwalk, grab his crotch and sing?

DivineLegion
09-27-2009, 09:54 PM
Their secondary is not that good but their defense as a whole is better than anything we have faced all season.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-27-2009, 09:59 PM
Their secondary is not that good but their defense as a whole is better than anything we have faced all season.

I don't know about that. Ware, yes, but he and the defense have yet to notch a single sack or turnover through the first 2 games. Ratliff is a good NT. Aside from those 2, they don't generate much of a rush and can be pretty average. I'd give Cincinnati's defense the nod over Dallas' right now. Even Oakland's front 4 are better than Dallas and we all saw how well that worked out today. Gameplan for Ware; get him out of the picture and you can make some things happen. The safeties are nothing great and the corners are just above average. There's little production out of a Wade Phillips defense that looks to "attack, attack, attack" most downs.

Man-Goblin
09-27-2009, 10:19 PM
If they convert all those 3 and 1s and 4 and 1s today, the Broncos score 30+ and this thing was even more of a laugher.

Short yardage is still an issue, as it has been in years past. The reason is obvious, as the Broncos still have a relatively small offensive line (2 guys barely above 300, 2 guys well under). It's not a bad thing, it's just something they need to adjust to, and I hope the coaching staff can.

Killericon
09-27-2009, 10:22 PM
I see us scoring no less than 9 touchdowns.

Zoobie
09-27-2009, 10:23 PM
Cowboys defense has a few stars but the overall cast is pretty lackluster. If someone can make an argument to defend their secondary or linebacking core(excluding Ware) I will readily await it.

DivineLegion
09-27-2009, 10:31 PM
I don't know about that. Ware, yes, but he and the defense have yet to notch a single sack or turnover through the first 2 games. Ratliff is a good NT. Aside from those 2, they don't generate much of a rush and can be pretty average. I'd give Cincinnati's defense the nod over Dallas' right now. Even Oakland's front 4 are better than Dallas and we all saw how well that worked out today. Gameplan for Ware; get him out of the picture and you can make some things happen. The safeties are nothing great and the corners are just above average. There's little production out of a Wade Phillips defense that looks to "attack, attack, attack" most downs.

Well they held the Giants to under 100 yards rushing, which is a pretty good unit if you consider their Line and Derrick Ward. They have a strong defensive line with Ratliff, Spears, and Olshansky. Don't get me wrong I have a lot of confidence in our offensive line, its just not a favorable matchup for us. This game is a far cry from an offensive cake walk. I agree that their secondary is crap, but that doesn't mean they wont make plays. I also agree that Oakland's front four is better, but their front 7 as a whole don't match up. The think I'm most worried about is asking Orton to beat them with his arm. I like the guy as a game manager...I don't think he can outright win games for us, and the Cowboys are going to test this.

Expect a lot more screen passes if the offense doesn't establish the run early to provide spark. We will let their defense beat themselves with Wades over aggressive play calling. The Cowboys rank in the bottom 20 of almost every major defensive category, but that gives a squad thats established itself as a top 10 defense the last 3 years some motivation to step it up.

Rock Chalk
09-27-2009, 10:32 PM

Wrong.

It might be the worst defense we have faced all season.

32nd in passing defense, 22nd in rushing defense.

Popps
09-27-2009, 10:33 PM
Look, since we were going to be lucky to win 3 games all season... I think our guys will just lay down from here out. Their job is done.

Rock Chalk
09-27-2009, 10:40 PM
I stand corrected, they are the 23rd ranked rushing defense, not 22nd.

Giving up 135.5 yards per game.

They are 26th in points giving up 27 per game. They gave up 21 points to the hapless bucs. They are last in yards a game at 438.5 ypg and last in pass defense at 303 yards per game.

Folks, Dallas isn't a good measuring stick for our offense. We should have a field day with them.

That being said, it will be a good measuring stick for our defense as they are 3rd in points scored and yards. 14th in pass yards and 1st in rush yards. We will find out just how good our run defense is this week.

DivineLegion
09-27-2009, 10:46 PM
We will see man, I'm just not trying to get to optimistic right now. I hate the Cowboys almost as bad as the Raiders, but I wont be fooled into thinking this is going to be an easy game. If we get a hot Tony Romo we will quickly find out how good our Defense really is. The Panthers game is going to tell us anything about the Girls, unless the Panthers beat them. The Panthers are in complete disarray. Its going to be interesting to see how well our quick front match's up with their jumbo offensive line, this is definitely the matchup I am most looking forward to.

Rock Chalk
09-27-2009, 10:48 PM
We will see man, I'm just not trying to get to optimistic right now. I hate the Cowboys almost as bad as the Raiders, but I wont be fooled into thinking this is going to be an easy game. If we get a hot Tony Romo we will quickly find out how good our Defense really is. The Panthers game is going to tell us anything about the Girls, unless the Panthers beat them. The Panthers are in complete disarray. Its going to be interesting to see how well our quick front match's up with their jumbo offensive line, this is definitely the matchup I am most looking forward to.

We maintain gap responsibility we will win the game. That's what it boils down to.

I have no confidence in Dallas being able to stop either our run game or our passing game. IF we can improve our red zone efficiency we will do just fine against them.

I, like you, am looking forward to our defensive vs their offensive matchup as it will be one of our most difficult tests all season. Dallas is probably the most high powered offense we will face this season AND if we can shut them down Im on board for undefeated and SB champs :)

atomicbloke
09-27-2009, 10:49 PM
This game could turn out to be shootout....

DivineLegion
09-27-2009, 10:55 PM
We maintain gap responsibility we will win the game. That's what it boils down to.

I have no confidence in Dallas being able to stop either our run game or our passing game. IF we can improve our red zone efficiency we will do just fine against them.

I, like you, am looking forward to our defensive vs their offensive matchup as it will be one of our most difficult tests all season. Dallas is probably the most high powered offense we will face this season AND if we can shut them down Im on board for undefeated and SB champs :)

Did you drink the Kool aid?

I don't miss Mike man, I like having a defense. I want this unit to prove the the NFL who they are against the Girls, only to turn around and stuff the Pats. We are fortunate to get home games against the Steelers, Pats, Cowboys, and Giants. If the South Stands are rocking it makes our already dynamic Defense more dangerous.

Go Broncos