PDA

View Full Version : Is it time for Titans to play Young?

cutthemdown
09-27-2009, 08:23 PM
you are 0-3, what better time to get Kerry Collins out of the lineup? He's just not the answer. Last yr was probably better then he can do ever again.
If I was Fisher I would start Kerry one more game and if he doesn't get it going by halftime yank him and see if Young can give you a boost.

Swedish Extrovert
09-27-2009, 08:27 PM
Yes.

VY shouldn't have been taken out in the first place.

snowspot66
I'd do it now. Last year they were a slightly better offensive Raven's Super Bowl team 2.0 minus the Super Bowl.

bfoflcommish
eh i watched a couple pre-season series against 4th stringers and young still looked awful, but I guess you are right couldnt hurt. that team is not firing on all cylinders

RhymesayersDU
Ooooh I hadn't even really thought about that. Yeah, that issue will be coming to the forefront soon enough.

Drama!

bronco militia
09-27-2009, 08:28 PM
why ? so they can go from bad to worse?

houghtam
09-27-2009, 08:28 PM
Vince Young is a great ath-uh-lete, but a terrible NFL quarterback. I wouldn't start him.

Rock Chalk
09-27-2009, 08:36 PM
you are 0-3, what better time to get Kerry Collins out of the lineup? He's just not the answer. Last yr was probably better then he can do ever again.
If I was Fisher I would start Kerry one more game and if he doesn't get it going by halftime yank him and see if Young can give you a boost.

What good will it do who is QBing if the receivers cant catch the ball? Collins wasn't the problem today, the receivers were. Collins was throwing excellent passes all day long and receivers were dropping them left and right.

So putting Young in isn't going to help the team any.

cutthemdown
09-27-2009, 08:37 PM
Well you either start him and see what he can do, or cut him at end of the season. Unless you want to run some wildcat with him and chris johnson.

They gotta try something. They aren't getting the most out of 2 incredible weapons in Chris and Andre Johnson.

I mean that RB so explosive and you throw to him 1 time? That's just bad strategy. Who the hell is running the offense in Tenn?

cutthemdown
09-27-2009, 08:40 PM
What good will it do who is QBing if the receivers cant catch the ball? Collins wasn't the problem today, the receivers were. Collins was throwing excellent passes all day long and receivers were dropping them left and right.

So putting Young in isn't going to help the team any.

Meh he's playing like crap IMO. He looks slow and old. But yeah they dropped some balls.

Still though only 1 throw to the RB when he has game breaking ability.

IMO Chris Johnson should be touching the ball 10 out of the first 20 plays. After him Johnson. The key is scoring early in the NFL to control the game.

By not getting the RB involved in passing game they miss so many chances at big plays.

Zoobie
09-27-2009, 08:44 PM
Meh he's playing like crap IMO. He looks slow and old. But yeah they dropped some balls.

Still though only 1 throw to the RB when he has game breaking ability.

IMO Chris Johnson should be touching the ball 10 out of the first 20 plays. After him Johnson. The key is scoring early in the NFL to control the game.

By not getting the RB involved in passing game they miss so many chances at big plays.

Andre Johnson plays for the Texans. Kenny Britt mayhaps?

chawknz
09-27-2009, 08:46 PM
Not looking forward to the next on field meltdown. :( Poor guy.

Rock Chalk
09-27-2009, 08:49 PM
Andre Johnson plays for the Texans. Kenny Britt mayhaps?

Britt is probably going to be a great receiver but he dropped a lot of passes today that cost the Titans.

24champ
09-27-2009, 09:00 PM
Who the hell is running the offense in Tenn?

Dinger. You might know him as a crappy Kubiak replacement back then.

Br0nc0Buster
09-27-2009, 09:00 PM
no
Vince Young is horrible

Only until they have been statistically eliminated from the playoffs AND Collins is playing horrible would I even consider putting Young in

SouthCarolinaBronco
09-27-2009, 09:08 PM
If the Titans want to get Collins out without a QB controversy, they should just call Bill Romanowski to beat the crap out of him again. Collins was never the same afterwards.

Killericon
09-27-2009, 09:31 PM
I'd give it one more game.

Broncobiv
09-27-2009, 09:31 PM
Yes.

VY shouldn't have been taken out in the first place.
Ha! Yeah, that whole 2008 season where they were 13-3...boy what a stupid move to pull VY for Collins!

TexanBob
09-28-2009, 02:10 PM
Put in Young and run the "wildcat". LOL

gyldenlove
09-28-2009, 02:14 PM
Kerry Collins has traditionally been **** the year after a playoff appearance (21 interceptions in 1997 and 23 fumbles in 2001.

Young may be worse, but at least he adds an element of motion that Collins doesn't have.

Popcorn Sutton
09-28-2009, 02:15 PM
They re-upped Collins in the offseason so I doubt they make a change. I can only imagine how VY would have looked against that Jets D yesterday.

DrFate
09-28-2009, 02:16 PM
You are 0-3 and your answer is to play an inferior quarterback?

How does that help, exactly?

Drek
09-28-2009, 02:51 PM
They've got a $10M bonus on Young for next season, so they've got to make a decision on him by then. If they lose too many more games this half I wouldn't be surprised if they write off the playoffs and see if Young has the mental toughness to bounce back after last season.

barryr
09-28-2009, 03:53 PM
I would play Young. He offers some running, an added dimension that Collins can't. Collins just isn't that good.