PDA

View Full Version : Where have you gone.....

Pages : [1] 2

chex
09-27-2009, 07:07 PM
with apologies to Paul Simon, where have you gone, you formerly prolific posters who haven't been seen around these parts much since McDaniels and the Broncos ruined your best laid plans by going 3-0?

I'm not going to mention any names, but it's the biggest ranters who have been conspicuously absent. Maybe it's the sunny weather where you are, or maybe it's been rainy as usual by some of you, but I can't imagine true Broncos fans just lying in wait for the first bone of bad news to gnaw on to make a return appearance. I guess as the sked gets tougher, we'll see some of them back here to crow about a loss.

Conklin
09-27-2009, 07:24 PM
138 post rule

KS Bronco
09-27-2009, 07:25 PM
ill name names:
brewcreh, ceh, dbroncos4life, lex, broncomcbuff, atwater his ass, footstepsfrom#27

and proof: http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=84164

F the haters, GO BRONCOS!

Chris
09-27-2009, 07:25 PM
Sup Lex.

Blueflame
09-27-2009, 07:34 PM
Oh...another nice, divisive "I'm-A-Better-Broncos-Fan-Than-You" thread. Just what we needed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/Blueflame91315/8531.jpg

Go Broncos!!!

frerottenextelway
09-27-2009, 07:37 PM
My prediction was we'd be 2-1 after 3 games, so I'm off by a game. You can only beat who you play, but Cleveland and Oakland are incredibly bad teams. The next few weeks will be a good test to see where we are at as a club. The Defense and OL certainly seem to be real deals though.

colonelbeef
09-27-2009, 07:41 PM
never seen people so eager to crown the new champs after a few games against 3 of the worst 5 teams in the league.

People need to calm down, it's a long season

jayman_37
09-27-2009, 07:49 PM
I think people probably left because this board has turned into a "I'm right your wrong" type of discussion instead of actually talking football. This used to be a place that had good indepth football discussions and now it is just threads that talk about Jay Cutler sucking or McDaniels being the devil.

SJ Bronco
09-27-2009, 07:50 PM
I'm not sure what people want around here. There's the two or three "gee I wish cutler was here" people, then there are the bunch of, "There's nothing wrong with the Broncos, Orton is fine" crowed. I'm not sure why we care about a QB from the Bears, and whats more I can't imagine why it's so wrong to watch Kyle Orton play and have doubts about him. I love to watch football. Sometimes i see things about even my own team that i don't think is perfect, and i come to get others opinions on the subject. People take it personally. What's wrong with you people? Cutler plays for the Bears, Shanny is on vacation for a while, McD is a rookie HC with a lot to prove but a 3-0 record, and lets face it, Kyle Orton isn't a HOF or even all pro QB. These are facts. So what? Kyle may get better, Cutler may get hit by a bus tomorrow, and the Broncos could wear Silver and black uni's in 5 years. Does any of this change the fact that football was played, and being the FOOTBALL GEEKS we are we will talk the CRAP out of it! So please, stop acting like children!

BlaK-Argentina
09-27-2009, 07:53 PM
never seen people so eager to crown the new champs after a few games against 3 of the worst 5 teams in the league.

Well considering the offseason, this is what should be expected after such a good start. Besides, we played a good game against a good Bengals team, and get Russell off the Raiders and they are pretty good. I heard someone in the CBS pregame call Oakland a playoff team. (if their fat QB would play well) Now I think that's a stretch but we dominated Cle and Oak and even if they're bad, that's what we were supposed to do.

There's reason to be hopeful.

KS Bronco
09-27-2009, 07:53 PM

cant we be excited about an undefeated start?
those of us who stood by OUR team took so much flack the past couple months, i can honestly say it feels really good to say 'i told you so.' trust me, if we started 0-3, the haters would not shut up.
yeah, we may have beat lesser teams, but a) we have to play who's on the schedule, b) cinci is much better than people think, c) we beat cinci on a late play, but if that play happened any other time throughout the game, it would not have been as big a deal (games are 60 minutes, plays in 1st quarter = plays in 4th quarter), d) sandy eggo had much more difficulty with oakland at home, e) GO BRONCOS!

colonelbeef
09-27-2009, 07:58 PM
Well considering the offseason, this is what should be expected after such a good start. Besides, we played a good game against a good Bengals team, and get Russell off the Raiders and they are pretty good. I heard someone in the CBS pregame call Oakland a playoff team. (if their fat QB would play well) Now I think that's a stretch but we dominated Cle and Oak and even if they're bad, that's what we were supposed to do.

There's reason to be hopeful.

That is fair.

I'm already thinking ahead to when Mike Nolan wants to take another shot at being a HC. hopefully that window closed on him

SJ Bronco
09-27-2009, 07:58 PM
those of us who stood by OUR team took so much flack the past couple months, i can honestly say it feels really good to say 'i told you so.' trust me, if we started 0-3, the haters would not shut up.
yeah, we may have beat lesser teams, but a) we have to play who's on the schedule, b) cinci is much better than people think, c) we beat cinci on a late play, but if that play happened any other time throughout the game, it would not have been as big a deal (games are 60 minutes, plays in 1st quarter = plays in 4th quarter), d) sandy eggo had much more difficulty with oakland at home, e) GO BRONCOS!

Im not so sure about SD anymore. They look like a team that missed it's window. So much in fighting and players aging....could be wrong...but I don't fear them or the pats this year. Little concerned over Dallas an B-more though. If we can go into B-more at 6-0, I'll do a moonwalk.

Blueflame
09-27-2009, 07:59 PM

Sure. But does "being excited about an undefeated start" (which we all are, btw)... have to include starting "calling-out-the-(perceived)-"bad-fans" threads every week?

Can't those of us who still have modest expectations (because the 3 teams we've defeated are not among the league's elite, after all) enjoy the wins too?

colonelbeef
09-27-2009, 08:02 PM

hey, a win is a win is a win.

I am really curious to see what happens against Dallas.

Garcia Bronco
09-27-2009, 08:05 PM
Time go come together. Stop the hate.

SJ Bronco
09-27-2009, 08:07 PM
hey, a win is a win is a win.

I am really curious to see what happens against Dallas.

If Orton beats dallas, and can beat B-more later in the year, I'm on board with the master plan, cause those are two defenses you'll have to execute to beat.

colonelbeef
09-27-2009, 08:10 PM
If Orton beats dallas, and can beat B-more later in the year, I'm on board with the master plan, cause those are two defenses you'll have to execute to beat.

Eh, Dallas D isn't all that impressive. Baltimore, different story.

the Giants game is another that looms large, even with the injuries, that team can mess with a QB like no other

Punisher
09-27-2009, 08:12 PM
Oh this is the "I'm a better fan then you thread"

tsiguy96
09-27-2009, 08:13 PM
Time go come together. Stop the hate.

we tried all summer to get people to come together and support the team instead of spreading the negativity all day....but we were homers and idiots for drinking the koolaid.

Garcia Bronco
09-27-2009, 08:15 PM
we tried all summer to get people to come together and support the team instead of spreading the negativity all day....but we were homers and idiots for drinking the koolaid.

To be fair, we haven't won anything yet. But we can only be pleased with the performances thus far.

Dutch
09-27-2009, 08:23 PM
to be fair, we have won 3 games...:thumbs:

Rock Chalk
09-27-2009, 08:26 PM
Oh...another nice, divisive "I'm-A-Better-Broncos-Fan-Than-You" thread. Just what we needed.

Go Broncos!!!

Dont be mad because you were one of the haters :{

bfoflcommish
09-27-2009, 08:27 PM
Sure. But does "being excited about an undefeated start" (which we all are, btw)... have to include starting "calling-out-the-(perceived)-"bad-fans" threads every week?

Can't those of us who still have modest expectations (because the 3 teams we've defeated are not among the league's elite, after all) enjoy the wins too?

thats true, that bengals team just isnt what we thought it was? this team has looked good after us but maybe they turned it on after playing us right? Raiders defense had been pretty good first 2 weeks, but decided to take day off today.

Rock Chalk
09-27-2009, 08:28 PM

Really? Since when is this 2002?

Dallas and Baltimore's defense have given up pretty big yards and points to good teams this year.

Both teams have atrocious pass defense.

Garcia Bronco
09-27-2009, 08:29 PM
thats true, that bengals team just isnt what we thought it was? this team has looked good after us but maybe they turned it on after playing us right? Raiders defense had been pretty good first 2 weeks, but decided to take day off today.

Yeah...I don't get it. We dominated the two teams we should have and held an offense with a pro bowl QB in check and won. Geeze....enjoy it.

Popcorn Sutton
09-27-2009, 08:31 PM
ill name names:
brewcreh, ceh, dbroncos4life, lex, broncomcbuff, atwater his ass, footstepsfrom#27

Sorry, I'm definitely not a hater. I've spent countless hours beating back the haters. I don't agree with your thoughts in one thread but you better go do your research son.

GreatBronco16
09-27-2009, 08:35 PM
The Broncos are going to lose sometime soon, and lose big they just might. When that time comes, people like Buff, bronco7, blue, TJ etc will all be out in full force for the entire week. Hell, that will probably get SoCal to come back and post.

Blueflame
09-27-2009, 08:37 PM

I'm not mad, Alec. Couldn't be happier, in fact. Just don't like this type of thread much. *shrug*

Meck77
09-27-2009, 08:38 PM
Go Broncos!

Blueflame
09-27-2009, 08:43 PM

The Bengals are still suspect, IMHO... let's just say it's unlikely that they'll make the playoffs. And the Raiders? We established the running game while shutting down theirs... daring Russell and 2 inexperienced WRs to beat us. They didn't.

Durango
09-27-2009, 08:54 PM
The Bengals are still suspect, IMHO... let's just say it's unlikely that they'll make the playoffs. And the Raiders? We established the running game while shutting down theirs... daring Russell and 2 inexperienced WRs to beat us. They didn't.

You forgot the Browns, Blueflame, although, why not, everyone else in the NFL has too.

Blueflame
09-27-2009, 09:00 PM
You forgot the Browns, Blueflame, although, why not, everyone else in the NFL has too.

Actually it was bfoflcommish who didn't address them... so I didn't either. But you're right... they just may be in the running for the #1 overall next April.

bfoflcommish
09-27-2009, 09:01 PM

and if by chance we beat dallas, pats or chargers it will because they are down and not the same team as before not by anyof our own doing right?

Rock Chalk
09-27-2009, 09:02 PM
I'm not mad, Alec. Couldn't be happier, in fact. Just don't like this type of thread much. *shrug*

That was supposed to be a tongue sticking out :P not :{

bfoflcommish
09-27-2009, 09:02 PM
Actually it was bfoflcommish who didn't address them... so I didn't either. But you're right... they just may be in the running for the #1 overall next April.

why mention them we know they suck, but bengals have looked good except against us, and raiders looked like they were trending upward until today, but broncos had nothing to do with either of those things happening.

Popps
09-27-2009, 09:03 PM

Were?

Pretty funny thread. I love how people bashed this team all offseason, and not accuse other people of being "divisive."

Archer81
09-27-2009, 09:05 PM
Joe Dimaggio...a nation turns its lonely eyes to you...

:Broncos:

bombay
09-27-2009, 09:06 PM
never seen people so eager to crown the new champs after a few games against 3 of the worst 5 teams in the league.People need to calm down, it's a long season

Green Bay and Pittsburgh disagree.

The Broncos beat the browns and faid 50-9.

SJ Bronco
09-27-2009, 09:08 PM
Yeah...I don't get it. We dominated the two teams we should have and held an offense with a pro bowl QB in check and won. Geeze....enjoy it.

I'm done enjoying it, whats the plan for next week. I'm anxious to beat a playoff bound team....

bfoflcommish
09-27-2009, 09:10 PM

yeah i'm sorry, i guess seeing how this team is much better as a "team" then at any point last few years is NO reseaon to get happy at all. I wish we were back to almost last on d and no running game to speak of.

all anyone wanted to see was by end of year this team look better, and already early in season it looks better, so yes reason to be happy as a broncos fan right now.

but if thats not reason enough then shanny should have a team for you to root for next year

Rock Chalk
09-27-2009, 09:10 PM
I'm done enjoying it, whats the plan for next week. I'm anxious to beat a playoff bound team....

Probably have to wait until we play Baltimore then.

Dallas and NE and San Diego aren't going to the playoffs this year.

Archer81
09-27-2009, 09:11 PM

You think Dallas is a playoff bound team?

NFLBRONCO
09-27-2009, 09:30 PM
Going into this season I picked 6-10 winning first 3 and last 3 and losing 10 straight inbetween. I'm really happy with progress so far but, realize we have tons of issues that have not been exposed yet (Playing bad O's so far) but, easy to like this team. The ST's has played great and D has made huge strides from last year nice to see. Which is all we hoped for this season. I'm looking forward to seeing how we do next 10 games and now I do think we can win a few of these games if we play smart.

DarkHorse30
09-27-2009, 09:43 PM
I'm really happy with progress so far but, realize we have tons of issues that have not been exposed yet (Playing bad O's so far) but, easy to like this team.

Making them LOOK like bad O's is a huge improvement. Remember the last 3 years when Denver's D gave record high numbers to no-name QBs?

On the offense, Orton is no gunslinger, but he is careful...maybe to a fault - but I'm not complaining. Nothing makes your defense happier than clock-eating drives that tend to score.

However, McDaniels has to improve his opening drive calls around the endzone. Running 4 times straight up the gut into the Raider newly-beefed up line is not that smart. Orton might have had more success with a fake dive and a lob to the corner.....maybe to Sheffler, or Marshall. A few times against Cleveland the play was there and he overthrew a tad. All in all, though, Denver is doing a good job of taking what's given and keeping the pressure on D. Bring on Dallas and we'll see how the D does against a TE that is nearly always open.

SJ Bronco
09-27-2009, 09:45 PM
You think Dallas is a playoff bound team?

After seeing the rest of that division, maybe...but I wasn't really talking about them. I was being general there.

chawknz
09-27-2009, 09:51 PM
I love what I am seeing, but it might as well be the preseason. The season starts next Sunday.

Blueflame
09-27-2009, 09:55 PM
and if by chance we beat dallas, pats or chargers it will because they are down and not the same team as before not by anyof our own doing right?

If we beat those teams I'll be celebrating just like I am tonight. How can anyone think any Bronco fan would be less than ecstatic over a division win? That concept's gonna be a very hard sell.

lex
09-27-2009, 09:58 PM
Im not saying theres not room for optimism but a lot of the jubilation is a little overdone, considering its only week 3 and many expected the first 3 games to be the easiest stretch of 3 games. Its also not there hasnt been acknowledgment, in particular on the defensive side of the ball.

So the premise for this thread isnt even factual.

Blueflame
09-27-2009, 09:58 PM
Were?

Pretty funny thread. I love how people bashed this team all offseason, and not accuse other people of being "divisive."

Yeah, because we've just finished the easiest part of our schedule and some are trying to cram the crow down others' throats...

"Call-out" threads are not positive... regardless of which Broncos fans are being "called out"...

Just Go Broncos....

gunns
09-27-2009, 10:57 PM

Go Broncos!!!

I was thinking the exact same thing when I read the opening post. A guy with 140 posts who has determined the"true Bronco fans" and Orangemane posters posting habits. It's gotten sickening.

Sassy
09-27-2009, 11:43 PM
:giggle:If we beat those teams I'll be celebrating just like I am tonight. How can anyone think any Bronco fan would be less than ecstatic over a division win? That concept's gonna be a very hard sell.

:rofl:and she really gets to say RAIDERS SUCK!

easymobee
09-27-2009, 11:45 PM
Its hard to grasp, but i definitely do believe that there are posters who would be very pleased if the Broncos were 0-3 or 1-2 ( I say pleased, not happier ) cause they could burn up the message board and appear to be smart or undeniably "football savvy".

The "I told you so" feeling is a very rewarding feeling for some people.

I think the optimistic offseason crowd should give the doom and gloomers hell. They earned it, it was a much easier to support the Cutler-Shanahan ticket before the real games were played.

Hopefully the doom and gloomers finally learned that preseason scoreboard success or lack thereof means absolutely nothing. I doubt they did though. Hats off to the fans that kept the faith.

Oh and **** Cutler.

easymobee
09-27-2009, 11:51 PM
I was thinking the exact same thing when I read the opening post. A guy with 140 posts who has determined the"true Bronco fans" and Orangemane posters posting habits. It's gotten sickening.

Post number and Join Date have a lot less to do with being a "true bronco fan" than some of the doom and gloom that went on here with the offseason and what kind of reaction that it inspired.

It took some of us awhile to figure out how to work the google, and some of us are just poor white trash that couldnt afford decent computers and workable internet connections until late in the current decade.

Post Count and Join Date determining "the true Bronco fans" ..... talk about sickening.

Yeah, because we've just finished the easiest part of our schedule and some are trying to cram the crow down others' throats...

"Call-out" threads are not positive... regardless of which Broncos fans are being "called out"...

Just Go Broncos....

I can drink to the "Just Go Broncos" and thats really the most important part, but i think all of the "sky is falling" crowd should receive plenty of hell (just like they gave). I'd be of this opinion if our 1st 3 opponents were ITT Tech, Southwest plaza Ladies Foot Locker, and the 2009 Kansas City Chiefs. So the "easy schedule" part of the argument falls on my deaf ears.

Blueflame
09-28-2009, 12:01 AM
:giggle:

:rofl:and she really gets to say RAIDERS SUCK!

I think you might have heard me say that a time or two..... Ha!

Blueflame
09-28-2009, 12:05 AM
Post number and Join Date have a lot less to do with being a "true bronco fan" than some of the doom and gloom that went on here with the offseason and what kind of reaction that it inspired.

It took some of us awhile to figure out how to work the google, and some of us are just poor white trash that couldnt afford decent computers and workable internet connections until late in the current decade.

Post Count and Join Date determining "the true Bronco fans" ..... talk about sickening.

What's sickening is the attempt to claim "better-fan-than-you" status based on wins that all of us are celebrating and pretty much predicted ...in what are arguably the 3 easiest games on our schedule...

I can drink to the "Just Go Broncos" and thats really the most important part, but i think all of the "sky is falling" crowd should receive plenty of hell (just like they gave). I'd be of this opinion if our 1st 3 opponents were ITT Tech, Southwest plaza Ladies Foot Locker, and the 2009 Kansas City Chiefs. So the "easy schedule" part of the argument falls on my deaf ears.

Yeah. Well. Here in the real world, the 3 teams we've beaten combined for 13 wins (and a tie) 4...4... and 5... in 2008. If that ain't an "easy schedule", please define what is.

Popps
09-28-2009, 12:10 AM
What's sickening is the attempt to claim "better-fan-than-you" status based on wins that all of us are celebrating and pretty much predicted ...in what are arguably the 3 easiest games on our schedule...

Wow, Blue. Had to throw that in, huh?

But, I know... you're super-happy about the wins, right?

:thumbsup:

Spending a lot of time on this thread, aren't you.

Weird.

easymobee
09-28-2009, 12:11 AM

Like i said we could have pulled out last minute wins against ITT Tech, SW Plaza Ladies Foot Locker, and the 2009 Kansas City Chiefs and i would be just as happy.

Don't care for the "easy schedule" crutch. These are NFL Teams and can win on any given sunday. Go visit Extremeskins.com and ask them about the "easy" game they were served up today against the Lions and how predictable their win was way back in preseason.

Popps
09-28-2009, 12:11 AM
I can drink to the "Just Go Broncos" and thats really the most important part, but i think all of the "sky is falling" crowd should receive plenty of hell (just like they gave). .

Yep.

easymobee
09-28-2009, 12:14 AM

Weird.

Exactly, they dont even realize that they are putting a disclaimer on their favorite teams success and discounting it every time they post that.

it certainly appears as if this sort of fan is still in excited anticipation for an extended period of bronco suckage and the satisfying "i told you so" spree that is surely to follow.

A win is a win in the NFL. 2 of them on the road already, no less.

Blueflame
09-28-2009, 12:16 AM

Weird.

Yes, I'm "super-happy" that we beat the Raiders (as I chose us to do in 3+ pick'em leagues).... :pfbbt:

I do believe all of my posts (except the first) on this thread...included a quote calling me out.... is that really so "weird"? ???

watermock
09-28-2009, 12:19 AM
There were plenty of people predicting a Lions win this week and Broncos wins at least the last 2 weeks.

baja
09-28-2009, 12:20 AM

Yeah. Well. Here in the real world, the 3 teams we've beaten combined for 13 wins (and a tie) 4...4... and 5... in 2008. If that ain't an "easy schedule", please define what is.

Blue, THE BRONCOS ARE A GOOD Team that is going to get better with every game. ENJOY!!!

easymobee
09-28-2009, 12:22 AM
So many fans here and over at other places like the Planet already "knew" the Broncos would roll to a 3-0 start on the strength of a creme puff schedule before eventually falling apart.

Yet not one of these fans who "knew" it already to be a foregone conclusion decided to double their savings on 3 consecutive Sundays in Vegas with this advance knowledge?

Poor Money Mgmt.

Blueflame
09-28-2009, 12:22 AM

Weird.

Oh... furthermore, this post is proof positive that my OP was right on target. This thread is nothing more than another tired "bash-other-Broncosfans-who-disagreed-with-me" thread.

easymobee
09-28-2009, 12:24 AM
It is what it is.

Plenty of us feel pretty good about keeping the faith though.

Popps
09-28-2009, 12:25 AM
Oh... furthermore, this post is proof positive that my OP was right on target. This thread is nothing more than another tired "bash-other-Broncosfans-who-disagreed-with-me" thread.

Well, yea. That's what he very clearly said in his original post.

He's taking an open and appropriate jab at those people who spent the whole off-season telling us our team was ****, and then suddenly don't post so much these days.

Fine by me.

Can't take it? Maybe people shouldn't be spending thousands of posts calling us the "cheatriots west," and proclaiming us a failure before we ever took a snap.

They dished it out, and people are serving it back to them. Makes sense to me.

Blueflame
09-28-2009, 12:27 AM
Blue, THE BRONCOS ARE A GOOD Team that is going to get better with every game. ENJOY!!!

The Broncos are a 3-0 team (my "bad-fan" self expected at least 2-1 at this point given the schedule).... and I love seeing the Raiders lose no matter what. Chefs losing as well was a bonus... wish the Fins had done better today; that would have made it even sweeter.

The "Better-Fans-Than-You" are throwing a wet blanket on the celebrations though....

Blueflame
09-28-2009, 12:29 AM
It is what it is.

Plenty of us feel pretty good about keeping the faith though.

Whatever. All hail the "Better-Fan".....:clown:

Blueflame
09-28-2009, 12:31 AM
Well, yea. That's what he very clearly said in his original post.

He's taking an open and appropriate jab at those people who spent the whole off-season telling us our team was ****, and then suddenly don't post so much these days.

Fine by me.

Can't take it? Maybe people shouldn't be spending thousands of posts calling us the "cheatriots west," and proclaiming us a failure before we ever took a snap.

They dished it out, and people are serving it back to them. Makes sense to me.

Again... All Hail the "Better-Fans"... whatever works for you.

(if you think both sides didn't take their fair share of crap during the offseason, I suspect you weren't paying enough attention)

easymobee
09-28-2009, 12:33 AM
There were plenty of people predicting a Lions win this week and Broncos wins at least the last 2 weeks.

Plenty of those same people said that a desperate 0-2 Tenn Titans team was the last team you would wanna see in the NFL this weekend too.

If nothing else we should commend the Bronco players for not taking the Browns and Raiders as light as everyone else and dominating them, just remember part of the reason that the Browns and now Raiders are seen as horrible is because of what the Broncos were able to do to them.

My biggest problem was the pre-season post game doom and gloom. How relevant are Ortons 3 1st half INTs in PS game 1 now?

baja
09-28-2009, 12:37 AM
The Broncos are a 3-0 team (my "bad-fan" self expected at least 2-1 at this point given the schedule).... and I love seeing the Raiders lose no matter what. Chefs losing as well was a bonus... wish the Fins had done better today; that would have made it even sweeter.

The "Better-Fans-Than-You" are throwing a wet blanket on the celebrations though....

You keep talking about won/loss, has the way we have dominated these teams gone unnoticed by you Blue?

OBF1
09-28-2009, 12:42 AM
ill name names:

Rep'd for truth. All the above are cutler's lost love children and not Denver Bronco's first.

OBF1
09-28-2009, 12:52 AM

You do not get it at all.... But if you need to keep parrot-ing your a better fan crap,that is fine by me.

What got alot of us pissed off all offseason Blue was the ass clowns calling Patrick Bowlen and Josh McDaniels every name in the book because their beloved coach Mike Shannahan and his love child Jay Cutler were axed or traded because of their lack of positive result or their lack of wanting to be a member of our Denver Bronco's.

We all should have supported the team first and waited to see what the new coaching staff was trying to accomplish and maybe have just a little bit of faith that the people that make a living doing this would have a little more insite than a bunch of internet self proclaimed know-it-alls like posted all off season long.

Coach McDaniels has done a great job with our team and deserves alot more respect than he has been given on this BRONCO fan site.

Bronco Yoda
09-28-2009, 12:53 AM
That is only but a small part of the mopey mofia. I smell a conspiracy here. some pretty widespread payoffs must have been involved for so many to have escaped that list...lol

There sure were a lot of peeps predicting nothing more than 4-12 season for us. I wonder if they still believe that?

Go Broncos!

ScottXray
09-28-2009, 12:56 AM
Sorry, but I have to say that rubbing a temporary win streak in anyones face is premature...AND it is also not good for harmony on the board. We are most likely all Broncos fans here, and I don't think any REAL Broncos fans are unhappy with the wins.

Yeah, there was a lot of Shyt spewed on the board about how bad we were going to be. Those of us that wanted to see what kind of product took the field before making a judgement had valid points. But those that were bringing up concerns about the direction things seemed to be going were only trying to state what they saw as legitimate (to their perspective) concerns. Some were really over the top and completely negative. But most were just concerned. the Bashing on both sides got out of hand.

Right now things are looking up, and I don't really see the wheels as coming completely off the next few weeks, no matter what the schedule says. Mostly there are some really good posters that have left the board or been pretty scarce for a while. and I for one would like to see them start posting again.

I come here to feed my Bronco "habit" and have learned a lot in my time here, about the game. I'd like to continue my education in the widest vein
possible. That means listening to all sides of a question. Those that I can't stand to read can be ignored.

We should ALL of us try to keep the discussion impersonal. It is a LONG season (and it will be over all too soon). At the end of it lets hope we ALL are proud of our team , players, and coaches ,as we prepare for the next Season (or maybe even the playoffs).

There is a lot to look forward to.

Blueflame
09-28-2009, 01:23 AM
You keep talking about won/loss, has the way we have dominated these teams gone unnoticed by you Blue?

Do you call Week One a "domination"? ??? I don't. I call it a lucky win and I'll take that and celebrate it.

Blueflame
09-28-2009, 01:29 AM
You do not get it at all.... But if you need to keep parrot-ing your a better fan crap,that is fine by me.

What got alot of us pissed off all offseason Blue was the ass clowns calling Patrick Bowlen and Josh McDaniels every name in the book because their beloved coach Mike Shannahan and his love child Jay Cutler were axed or traded because of their lack of positive result or their lack of wanting to be a member of our Denver Bronco's.

We all should have supported the team first and waited to see what the new coaching staff was trying to accomplish and maybe have just a little bit of faith that the people that make a living doing this would have a little more insite than a bunch of internet self proclaimed know-it-alls like posted all off season long.

Coach McDaniels has done a great job with our team and deserves alot more respect than he has been given on this BRONCO fan site.

OK... and the fact that we've squeaked past the Bengals and beaten the Browns and Raiders = "Coach McDaniels has done a great job"? Whatever. We usually beat <5-win teams, y'know...

baja
09-28-2009, 01:30 AM
Do you call Week One a "domination"? ??? I don't. I call it a lucky win and I'll take that and celebrate it.

Game one was a defensive domination but the next two games was total domination. Would you agree?

Blueflame
09-28-2009, 01:34 AM
Game one was a defensive domination but the next two games was total domination. Would you agree?

Game One was a lucky win. Games 2 and 3 were a domination of teams that won 4 - and 5 games last year. We should dominate those teams, no?

baja
09-28-2009, 01:39 AM
Game One was a lucky win. Games 2 and 3 were a domination of teams that won 4 - and 5 games last year. We should dominate those teams, no?

Good teams should dominate weak opponents we did dominate the Browns and the Raiders so yes we are a good team.

BTW If you don't think Denver's D dominated the Bangals than you must have missed the game.

DBroncos4life
09-28-2009, 01:40 AM
I had my HS class reunion this weekend and I may have drank quite a bit but I haven't gone anywhere.

listopencil
09-28-2009, 01:45 AM
Wow, pretty early for a thread like this. Look-we played like **** in the preseason. Our Offense looked horrible in the first game of the season and the first half of week two. If it wasn't for our D stepping up big time we would probably be 2-1 or 1-2 right now. By the way, don't look now but our D did a hell of a job this week too. Two interceptions, two forced fumbles. That fumble we recovered? It was on our own 10 yard line. Thankfully our O looks like it is starting to fire up too. I'm looking forward to the Dallas game. I just hope that The Happy Unicorns And Sunshine Crowd doesn't commit mass suicide if we lose.

Blueflame
09-28-2009, 01:47 AM
Good teams should dominate weak opponents we did dominate the Browns and the Raiders so yes we are a good team.

BTW If you don't think Denver's D dominated the Bangals than you must have missed the game.

For like 57-58 minutes... yes they did. Then they went into the predictable "prevent-you-from-winning" defense and gave up the go-ahead touchdown. Nothing but luck... a fortuitous bounce and a heads-up play by Stokley... won that game.

listopencil
09-28-2009, 01:49 AM

Meh, it wasn't luck that our D/ST had held the Bengals scoreless for most of the game. It was a lucky bounce and a fluke play but no one would give a **** about it if we had been trailing 30-6 at the time.

Other than that-yes. We made ****ty teams look bad, so we aren't a ****ty team.

baja
09-28-2009, 01:50 AM
For like 57-58 minutes... yes they did. Then they went into the predictable "prevent-you-from-winning" defense and gave up the go-ahead touchdown. Nothing but luck... a fortuitous bounce and a heads-up play by Stokley... won that game.

You say predictable I say you will never see that again.

Oh Too bad the Broncos played shut down defense for only 58 minutes. Slackers.

listopencil
09-28-2009, 01:54 AM
Wow, that's incredible that the Broncos D can lose games for us when we get blown out but they can't even help win games for us when they hold an opponent to one score. Unbelievable.

baja
09-28-2009, 01:55 AM
Blue it appears to me that you just don't want to like this team and I don't think you even see that you are doing that.

Blueflame
09-28-2009, 01:56 AM
You say predictable I say you will never see that again.

Oh Too bad the Broncos played shut down defense for only 58 minutes. Slackers.

I say all too often I've seen a Broncos defense get to 3rd and 27.... only to give up 28 yards... because of a "prevent-you-from-winning" defense....

Blueflame
09-28-2009, 01:57 AM
Blue it appears to me that you just don't want to like this team and I don't think you even see that you are doing that.

Baja... what I see is that our first 3 games are the easiest ones we'll see this year...

baja
09-28-2009, 01:58 AM
I say all too often I've seen a Broncos defense get to 3rd and 27.... only to give up 28 yards... because of a "prevent-you-from-winning" defense....

Keep in mind we have a new DC, a new D scheme, all new position coaches, mostly new players so maybe you might leave room for a different result.

Blueflame
09-28-2009, 01:59 AM
Wow, that's incredible that the Broncos D can lose games for us when we get blown out but they can't even help win games for us when they hold an opponent to one score. Unbelievable.

If the defense holds the opponent to one score and a team still loses.... then isn't that loss an indictment of the offense? ???

baja
09-28-2009, 02:00 AM
Baja... what I see is that our first 3 games are the easiest ones we'll see this year...

This is going to be a good team and the signs are everywhere. Sorry you are too invested in hate to see them.

Atwater His Ass
09-28-2009, 02:01 AM

Pretty much this.

I'm excited the Broncos are 3-0, but there is just too much stupid on this board to tolerate on a daily basis.

Case in point:

ya, defensive "domination" right up until cin drove 90+ yards for the go ahead score. wasn't like they started at the 50 or something.

people that like this that can't take off the homer glasses and have an objective discussion are the problem.

Blueflame
09-28-2009, 02:02 AM
Keep in mind we have a new DC, a new D scheme, all new position coaches, mostly new players so maybe you might leave room for a different result.

Maybe. Guess we'll see next week when we face a team that won more than 5 games last year....

listopencil
09-28-2009, 02:03 AM
If the defense holds the opponent to one score and a team still loses.... then isn't that loss an indictment of the offense? ???

Absolutely.

Blueflame
09-28-2009, 02:03 AM
This is going to be a good team and the signs are everywhere. Sorry you are too invested in hate to see them.

Whatever....

baja
09-28-2009, 02:07 AM
Whatever....

;D

Well ya are.... ;D

listopencil
09-28-2009, 02:09 AM

Jesus. Are we going to get threads filled with this stupid ****ing bull**** again?

Hey, you all should psychoanalyze each other, because you must be crazy if you don't agree with me! Something must be clouding your thoughts if you dare not think as I do. Could it be...hate?

Give the douchebaggery and dumbassery a rest.

Blueflame
09-28-2009, 02:13 AM
;D

Well ya are.... ;D

Nope.... it's just... we're now past the "creampuffs".... and next Sunday we'll start to see what this team is really made of (for better or for worse).

baja
09-28-2009, 02:14 AM
Jesus. Are we going to get threads filled with this stupid ****ing bull**** again?

Hey, you all should psychoanalyze each other, because you must be crazy if you don't agree with me! Something must be clouding your thoughts if you dare not think as I do. Could it be...hate?

Give the douchebaggery and dumbassery a rest.

We were discussing the three games the Broncos won and how much they dominated (my point) so what the hell are you talking about. Mentioning a fans bias is far from off limits so screw off pencil dick.

24champ
09-28-2009, 02:20 AM
This thread reminds me of why good posters like Kaylore bailed on this site. Petty BS after a win...nice work a-hole.

Blueflame
09-28-2009, 02:20 AM
We were discussing the three games the Broncos won and how much they dominated (my point) so what the hell are you talking about. Mentioning a fans bias is far from off limits so screw off pencil dick.

"Good"... or even "marginally good" (on the bubble for the playoffs) teams are expected to dominate the league's perennial cellar-dwellers....

TonyR
09-28-2009, 07:32 AM
This thread reminds me of why good posters like Kaylore bailed on this site. Petty BS after a win...nice work a-hole.

FYI, Kaylore was positive about the direction this team was headed. So I don't think this particular thread represents why he "bailed". I don't want to speak for the guy but I think if he was tired of anything it was the negativity. This thread was purposed to tweak the negative, "we're doomed", Gutless Drunk, sky is falling, Josh McD is clueless crowd. And it appears to be working because that transparent fraud Blue, who is a mod here but can't think of anything positive to say about the team, is posting frequently in the thread...

CEH
09-28-2009, 07:43 AM
ill name names:

Wow because I suggested that Orton played as game manager in '06 now I'm a hater.

I guess my couple $K a year for season tickets would suggest I'm hoping for
failure.

I have bought into how turnovers effect an NFL game so in that respect I love what Orton does. As long as our D plays for real Orton is fine.

I don't think anyone here thought our D would make this kind of dramtic jump and we would need the QB to make plays

I'm hopeful but we did start 3-0 in '08 and 5-1 in '06 and missed the playoffs both years. This year is different if our D is for real

TailgateNut
09-28-2009, 07:43 AM

Your STUPID posts used to be funny when we could attribute the posting to your cat, now they are just stupid.

TailgateNut
09-28-2009, 07:57 AM

Out ****ing standing post!!!:thumbsup:

Heck, I had one assclown who kept telling me that the only reason I was hopeful was because I was close to death and wanted to see them win before I croak.

TailgateNut
09-28-2009, 08:03 AM
OK... and the fact that we've squeaked past the Bengals and beaten the Browns and Raiders = "Coach McDaniels has done a great job"? Whatever. We usually beat <5-win teams, y'know...

Who did the "Know It Alls" think would win these games:

Cinnci and Denver?
Cinnci and Pitt?
Cinnci and GB?

Yep, ask all those Football experts about their predictions of the "Lowly Bungles".
We held them to 7, GB allowed 34 pts, and the world champions held them to 23 and lost.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-28-2009, 08:07 AM

Go Broncos!!!

You're retarded. There's no "I'm a better fan than you" anywhere in the OP's post.

And please act like you wouldn't be posting the same kind of thread aimed towards those who thought we'd probably be okay without Cutler if we'd started 0-3, ESPECIALLY if they didn't show up once that 0-3 egg was laid. I love irony.

You couldn't just let it slide, could you? Of course not. Blueflame's always got to stick her crooked-ass nose into everything, just to make sure we all know how much she disagrees.

orangeatheist
09-28-2009, 08:09 AM

What you forget is the Broncos were predicted to be the worst of the bunch. People keep down-playing our victories as "against teams we're suppose to beat." Well, if that's the case, why is everyone so surprised at where we are now? It's because the expectation wasn't that the Broncos were "suppose to beat" these teams but that the Broncos would be beaten by the low-lifes like the Raiders and Browns. But that didn't happen, did it? Instead, Denver is riding atop a 3-0 start and even the national media is taking notice. As soon as Cutler left town, everyone had McD and the Broncos in the cellar of the NFL but we're not there, are we? I, for one, am happy. I pity those who don't share that joy.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-28-2009, 08:11 AM
"Good"... or even "marginally good" (on the bubble for the playoffs) teams are expected to dominate the league's perennial cellar-dwellers....

Weren't you among those saying we weren't "good" or even "marginally good" before the season started?

Pretty sure you were.

Why don't you shut your fat trap and stop embarrassing yourself. Gracias.

TailgateNut
09-28-2009, 08:16 AM

He had a post quoted in the Denver Post this morning.

Quote: Kaylore "Great Win, I think the defense is fortunate to play the three worst QB's in the league this year in Russell, Campbell and whomever the Browns feel like starting.
This next set of "games we can't win" is probably going to go better than people think."

Can't seem to grasp wtf he's trying to say?

strafen
09-28-2009, 08:20 AM
If Orton beats dallas, and can beat B-more later in the year, I'm on board with the master plan, cause those are two defenses you'll have to execute to beat.Orton has not beaten anybody
In all of our 3 wins he has been irrelevant to say the least
Really, he has done absolutely nothing, and as odd as it may sound, that's a good thing.
Having said that, the Broncos have started 2-0, 3-0 and 3-0 in the last 3 seasons in which we finished 7-9 8-8 and who knows this year respectively

So, let's just take it one game at a time or if anything, let's wait until we play the established elite teams in the league
Dallas is beatable, but still they are the Cowboys and a team that is desperate to win this year
New England and San Diego are two tough teams we need to play our best to beat them
So, how we do in the next 3 weeks, will tell us all we need to know to get a feel for this team
McDaniels has done a superb job preparing this team evey week so far, and it shows in the way we're playing in all 3 phases of the game

He has managed Orton to put him in a position to not mess it up for us.
I don't care about those defending Orton, he's not a great QB. McD just needs to keep devising a plan week in and week out to allow Orton to do the things that will allow us to execute our running game better to make up for his deficiency.
As long as Orton doesn't commit a turnover, we will have a chance.
I have ZERO faith in Orton to be the type of QB than when playing from behind, that he will be the one to get us out of the hole
So far, we have only trailed the score for only 4 minutes in 3 games

jhns
09-28-2009, 08:50 AM
These threads are funny. We won with luck over one team and beat some bottom dwellers. Who are you even talking to? I didn't see a single person predict an 0-16 record and most everyone predicted our wins would be at the start of the season. So, how are the "negative" people wrong so far? I'm not sure I get it.

The defense has outplayed anyones expectations. they do look very good and I love the direction it is taking. I am still not liking Orton. This crap about him doing what he is asked is a joke. The only teams that have won SBs with game managers have had good run games and some of the all time best defenses. Maybe we have one of the all time grat defenses. It is still to early to say. We haven't faced anyone.

You guys are really trying to tell me that from what we have seen, Orton can be counted on to make plays if we have to have them? I'm sorry, but he has only made me feel that I was right. That trade affects the next 12 years, not just now. This is what you are failing to realize. If we still had a QB with everything else the same, this team could be a contender now or very soon. As of now, we need a couple years of building before we are contenders with a game manager. Don't believe me? Bring this up in a few weeks.

That being said. I do like the other stuff happening on the team. I like the way they handled Marshall and I hope that means they have learned to deal with players in general. I hope the team continues to grow and then hope they get over the Orton obsession so we can get a real QB again. This isn't the 60s. They change the game every year to favor the passing game. We need a QB unless this defense is really going to turn into one of the best ever.

baja
09-28-2009, 09:18 AM
These threads are funny. We won with luck over one team and beat some bottom dwellers. Who are you even talking to? I didn't see a single person predict an 0-16 record and most everyone predicted our wins would be at the start of the season. So, how are the "negative" people wrong so far? I'm not sure I get it.

The defense has outplayed anyones expectations. they do look very good and I love the direction it is taking. I am still not liking Orton. This crap about him doing what he is asked is a joke. The only teams that have won SBs with game managers have had good run games and some of the all time best defenses. Maybe we have one of the all time grat defenses. It is still to early to say. We haven't faced anyone.

<b.You guys are really trying to tell me that from what we have seen, Orton can be counted on to make plays if we have to have them?</b> I'm sorry, but he has only made me feel that I was right. That trade affects the next 12 years, not just now. This is what you are failing to realize. If we still had a QB with everything else the same, this team could be a contender now or very soon. As of now, we need a couple years of building before we are contenders with a game manager. Don't believe me? Bring this up in a few weeks.

That being said. I do like the other stuff happening on the team. I like the way they handled Marshall and I hope that means they have learned to deal with players in general. I hope the team continues to grow and then hope they get over the Orton obsession so we can get a real QB again. This isn't the 60s. They change the game every year to favor the passing game. We need a QB unless this defense is really going to turn into one of the best ever.

What many are failing to notice is the huge leaps of improvement from game to game by Orton. Josh is bringing him along slowly which is the way to do it. Orton will have a break out game soon I think it will be against Dallas.

spdirty
09-28-2009, 09:21 AM
Im not absent. Im happy theyre winning. I hope they keep winning. Id a hell of a lot rather be wrong and see Denver win than right and see em compete for division cellar.

outdoor_miner
09-28-2009, 09:25 AM
My God, it is laughable that people could spew the hatred, venom, and negativity that they did all offseason and not expect to be called out on it. LAUGHABLE. LOL

jhns
09-28-2009, 09:27 AM
What many are failing to notice is the huge leaps of improvement from game to game by Orton. Josh is bringing him along slowly which is the way to do it. Orton will have a break out game soon I think it will be against Dallas.

I hope he does. This team looks very good everywhere except QB to me. If he can start looking like an NFL QB, this could be a very good team now.

Popcorn Sutton
09-28-2009, 09:32 AM

So what happened last season? Did we dominate these teams last year? Even in the Raider blowout they still did some things on offense. It practically took a miracle to beat Cleveland if you recall.

Popcorn Sutton
09-28-2009, 09:34 AM
FYI, Kaylore was positive about the direction this team was headed. So I don't think this particular thread represents why he "bailed". I don't want to speak for the guy but I think if he was tired of anything it was the negativity. This thread was purposed to tweak the negative, "we're doomed", Gutless Drunk, sky is falling, Josh McD is clueless crowd. And it appears to be working because that transparent fraud Blue, who is a mod here but can't think of anything positive to say about the team, is posting frequently in the thread...

I've exchanged pleasantries with Kaylore within the last week at his "new home" and your post is not far from the truth.

TonyR
09-28-2009, 09:35 AM
Did we dominate these teams last year?

And remember how we dominated Detroit in '07? Oh, wait, we were on the wrong end of 44-7...

gunns
09-28-2009, 09:36 AM

Dude, I wasn't bashing his post count or join date....I was saying that I figure you have to be here for awhile to determine posting habits and there is NO ONE, those that have been here 5 minutes or those that have been here 10 years, that has any right to determine who is a true Bronco fan. I do believe 99.9% (including Bob) of us are here because we love the Broncos. And I find it sickening that ANYONE would even post that.

Popcorn Sutton
09-28-2009, 09:37 AM
Wow because I suggested that Orton played as game manager in '06 now I'm a hater.

I guess my couple $K a year for season tickets would suggest I'm hoping for
failure.

I have bought into how turnovers effect an NFL game so in that respect I love what Orton does. As long as our D plays for real Orton is fine.

I don't think anyone here thought our D would make this kind of dramtic jump and we would need the QB to make plays

I'm hopeful but we did start 3-0 in '08 and 5-1 in '06 and missed the playoffs both years. This year is different if our D is for real

Don't worry about this hack of a poster. I disagreed with one post where he said he doesn't see the drop off in QB from Cutler to Orton and he has labeled me a hater. If he paid any attention at all he would see how much time I've spent debating the haters.

Master___Pain
09-28-2009, 09:48 AM
I hope he does. This team looks very good everywhere except QB to me. If he can start looking like an NFL QB, this could be a very good team now.

I hate his QB rating of 90+ too....

Problem (for many) is he's not flashy and is not winging it all over the field. I'd much rather have Orton hovering around 200 passing yards per game, with no turnovers while the D and rushing O controls the game.

I'll take "boring" dominating games over shoot out hang wringing wins/losses all day, every day.

I think the thing that many are missing here, is this team can still get even better. Marshall started to get involved yesterday, Gaffney is proving to be a great signing and Stokely (despite his injury yesterday) has been his typical steady self. Now just have to get Royal involved more in the O. Although the WRs not having much of a game yesterday was no surprise with the talent the Raiders have at CB.

Go Broncos!!

TailgateNut
09-28-2009, 09:52 AM
I hate his QB rating of 90+ too....

Problem (for many) is he's not flashy and is not winging it all over the field. I'd much rather have Orton hovering around 200 passing yards per game, with no turnovers while the D and rushing O controls the game.

I'll take "boring" dominating games over shoot out hang wringing wins/losses all day, every day.

I think the thing that many are missing here, is this team can still get even better. Marshall started to get involved yesterday, Gaffney is proving to be a great signing and Stokely (despite his injury yesterday) has been his typical steady self. Now just have to get Royal involved more in the O. Although the WRs not having much of a game yesterday was no surprise with the talent the Raiders have at CB.

Go Broncos!!

Yep, I'd prefer to see a QB with the mindset to throw the rock out of bounds than to throw an interception or taking a sack. Using his "noodle" is better than risking turnovers.

WolfpackGuy
09-28-2009, 09:55 AM
They're beating the teams they're supposed to beat, so that's a plus.
We'll see how this upcoming stretch of games goes.

DarkHorse30
09-28-2009, 10:01 AM

whine much?

You'd think a mod would know that a message board's PURPOSE is to disagree and talk about it - throwing stones, calling each other out, being a dork, etc.

Shoe-other-foot scenario: Don't try and sell me on the idea that YOU wouldn't be crowing if Denver was 0-3.....not crowing about the bad Broncos record... but crowing about being RIGHT. I'm not buying it, BF

colonelbeef
09-28-2009, 10:44 AM

You guys are really trying to tell me that from what we have seen, Orton can be counted on to make plays if we have to have them? I'm sorry, but he has only made me feel that I was right. That trade affects the next 12 years, not just now. This is what you are failing to realize. If we still had a QB with everything else the same, this team could be a contender now or very soon. As of now, we need a couple years of building before we are contenders with a game manager. Don't believe me? Bring this up in a few weeks.

great post.

GeniusatWork
09-28-2009, 10:54 AM
I looked at this one. I got a rep on it (my only one) so I noticed it and thought I'd bring it up.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=80181

broncocalijohn
09-28-2009, 12:12 PM

Let me redo this post.

People need to calm down, it's a long season for the Broncos to lose and for me to be correct because I am looking out to say "I told you so!"

You can add Steeledude in this mix as he actually admitted he wanted the Broncos to lose so he can be correct on his predictions. As for Blue Flame, this isnt about who is a better fan, but who didnt believe in the team or coach and thought they would fail big time. Blue Flame hated anything Pats which is a lame reason to not give the guy a chance.

gunns
09-28-2009, 12:18 PM
whine much?

You'd think a mod would know that a message board's PURPOSE is to disagree and talk about it - throwing stones, calling each other out, being a dork, etc.

Shoe-other-foot scenario: Don't try and sell me on the idea that YOU wouldn't be crowing if Denver was 0-3.....not crowing about the bad Broncos record... but crowing about being RIGHT. I'm not buying it, BF

Where the hell do you get that from her post? Seems to me you are exactly what she was complaining about, one of those holier-than-thou posters who thinks he's a better Bronco fan than someone else and proceeds to shove **** down the other posters throat. Get over it. Please

TailgateNut
09-28-2009, 12:23 PM
Let me redo this post.

You can add Steeledude in this mix as he actually admitted he wanted the Broncos to lose so he can be correct on his predictions. As for Blue Flame, this isnt about who is a better fan, but who didnt believe in the team or coach and thought they would fail big time. Blue Flame hated anything Pats which is a lame reason to not give the guy a chance.

I will try to refrain from rubbing salt into the wounds of most of the Naysayers, with the exeptions of a few Know-it-alls: (COLON el I Have a Beef, jhns,the board genius:rofl:, Rev and Rasta.), and I can understand Rastas' confusion. It's all the Ganja which has clouded his thinking.

Cito Pelon
09-28-2009, 12:27 PM
There were a ton of people that came out since January with totally outrageous, hysterical bagging on every single aspect of the team from Bowlen through Xanders.

What it showed was total NFL ignorance.

Hopefully, they learned something.

Broncomutt
09-28-2009, 12:35 PM
Blueflame hated anything Pats which is a lame reason to not give the guy a chance.

That is true. I think she said once that McDaniels would always be a Patriot to her, which in my mind translates into "I will never cheer for him regardless how successful he is". Scary, because I know she is a fan....and a good one.

Blue and I have butted heads once before but I can somewhat respect her disagreements because she can argue with you without being hostile. Shows maturity. Same with Taco and Buff. Different strokes and all....

Now people like Watermock, Lex, Broncofan07, AtwaterhisAss, Rastaman and "the AIDS spitter".....hehe, let those morons have it! :kiss::kiss::kiss:

TailgateNut
09-28-2009, 12:40 PM
That is true. I think she said once that McDaniels would always be a Patriot to her, which in my mind translates into "I will never cheer for him regardless how successful he is". Scary, because I know she is a fan....and a good one.

Blue and I have butted heads once before but I can somewhat respect her disagreements because she can argue with you without being hostile. Shows maturity. Same with Taco and Buff. Different strokes and all....

Now people like Lex, Broncofan07, AtwaterhisAss, Rastaman and "the AIDS spitter".....hehe, let those morons have it! :kiss::kiss::kiss:

The "aids spitter"???

broncocalijohn
09-28-2009, 12:57 PM
The "aids spitter"???

i think he is saying Reverend.

broncocalijohn
09-28-2009, 12:58 PM

dont worry. We have you down as so far being wrong. I know you are a fan and want them to win but you are or were part of the naysayers.

TailgateNut
09-28-2009, 01:01 PM
i think he is saying Reverend.

I thought so. :spit:

And I thought I was the only one who thought he was a "Lefty/Rightie".ROFL!

errand
09-28-2009, 01:04 PM

...and yet amazingly, you and your cronies were ready to dump them after one freaking preseason game.

BTW, Cincinnatti is 5-1 their last 6 games....just saying.....

Eldorado
09-28-2009, 01:05 PM
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t205/Waynuffrower/jerk.gif

TheDave
09-28-2009, 01:06 PM
I figured they would loose at Cinci and win the last 2... I should have assumed the "Imacculate Deflection" was a possibility. ;D

As for the crow... Sorry but I thought trading Cutler for Orton and a couple of picks was a unbelievably stupid idea. Still do... Sorry.

The thing I can't get my head around is how much better our defense is. Nobody on this site or anywhere else thought our defense would go from that pile of crap we saw last year to the #1 D in the league. My hope was for them to improve from #30 to around #20... But #1... Really?

Now the schedule turns ugly... I still think they are going to struggle, but this defense alone gives them a punchers chance.

Cito Pelon
09-28-2009, 01:06 PM
dont worry. We have you down as so far being wrong. I know you are a fan and want them to win but you are or were part of the naysayers.

It's not just the "naysayer" thing, it was just totally outrageous venom, just total unmitigated hating of every aspect from B to X, Bowlen to Xanders. I'd just as soon see a new crop of Bronco fans come in and see many of these old-timers disappear. What they showed was total ignorance about the NFL, and total disdain for the Broncos. Disgusted me.

barryr
09-28-2009, 01:15 PM
I remember quite a few Cutler fans saying even before preseason the Broncos would be the worst team in the NFL and Orton would be throwing a ton of interceptions and because they didn't draft a bunch of DL, the defense wouldn't be improved either. Hmm.

baja
09-28-2009, 01:24 PM
It's not just the "naysayer" thing, it was just totally outrageous venom, just total unmitigated hating of every aspect from B to X, Bowlen to Xanders. I'd just as soon see a new crop of Bronco fans come in and see many of these old-timers disappear. What they showed was total ignorance about the NFL, and total disdain for the Broncos. Disgusted me.

What I love is these very same nay sayers claiming it is in bad taste to remind them of their vitriol towards anything Bronco for months and months.

Blueflame
09-28-2009, 01:29 PM
whine much?

You don't have to "buy it". You have the right to be wrong.

gyldenlove
09-28-2009, 01:31 PM
What I love is these very same nay sayers claiming it is in bad taste to remind them of their vitriol towards anything Bronco for months and months.

If anyone wants to dig out the prediction thread, I think you will see a lot of the koolaid crowd predicting 5 wins (I am looking at you Popps). I guess that might still happen.

Beating 3 hapless teams that we were frankly expected to beat is not a huge achievement. Lets keep some perspective here, we are not in the playoffs. Lets see how things work out against some real football teams before we annoint Kyle Orton the best thing to happen to Denver football since ditching the brown and gold and the vertical striped socks.

TheDave
09-28-2009, 01:33 PM
If anyone wants to dig out the prediction thread, I think you will see a lot of the koolaid crowd predicting 5 wins (I am looking at you Popps). I guess that might still happen.

Beating 3 hapless teams that we were frankly expected to beat is not a huge achievement. Lets keep some perspective here, we are not in the playoffs. Lets see how things work out against some real football teams before we annoint Kyle Orton the best thing to happen to Denver football since ditching the brown and gold and the vertical striped socks.

Nor did the "Kool Aid Brigade" predict our defense would be #1 in the NFL... So far this season has been a surprise to everyone.

Cito Pelon
09-28-2009, 01:39 PM

Yah, that's where we are. I'm wondering if I should give them a break, but then I remember the total jihad they put on all things Bronco, and it hardens my heart. I realize they were in the grips of hysteria, but nevertheless I lost my respect for some.

colonelbeef
09-28-2009, 01:47 PM
...and yet amazingly, you and your cronies were ready to dump them after one freaking preseason game.

BTW, Cincinnatti is 5-1 their last 6 games....just saying.....

I like the team. Shanahan put together a dominant OL and talent at the skill positions- that will always go a long ways towards helping your team win. Davis and Dawkins, along with Dumervil exceeding expectations as usual, have augmented the change in defensive philosophy well.

I don't think Orton is a championship caliber QB. We had one and lost him. This is the reason I didn't particularly care for the offseason.
Cutler is still a much better player than Orton, and exploring a trade for Cassel was an incredibly stupid move.

The only thing that has changed is the defense has apparently progressed faster than expected, and the offense hasn't fallen off too far, albeit the competition hasn't been that tough.

Again- why is this so hard to understand? 3-0 to start the season is great. Losing Cutler was still a mistake. Get it?

lex
09-28-2009, 02:04 PM

Ive steadfastly said that I expect the team to win 10 games, although it wasnt a prediction.

A lot of the chestpounding is laughable considering many drinking the koolaid have been justifying a 4-12 season in advance. This is just window dressing for talking out of both sides of one's mouth.

baja
09-28-2009, 02:07 PM

I have been saying 10 wins and I'm sticking with that.

I also think we will be 5 and 0

baja
09-28-2009, 02:08 PM
Yah, that's where we are. I'm wondering if I should give them a break, but then I remember the total jihad they put on all things Bronco, and it hardens my heart. I realize they were in the grips of hysteria, but nevertheless I lost my respect for some.

It was pretty disappointing no doubt.

outdoor_miner
09-28-2009, 02:16 PM

This is it in a nutshell. I can understand pessimism, and would never throw it back in someone's face if they simply questioned the direction of the team. That is part of being a fan. But it went far far beyond that. People were foaming at the mouth with every single move. Claiming the team was going to be a total, unmitigated disaster. You can tell quite a few of these guys are still holding onto a shred of hope that they will be proven right, which is the funniest part. I have no sympathy, and find it hilarious that they are now the "victims" against all those crazy people who wanted to wait and see a product on the field before passing judgment. They put themselves in this position by taking such a hard-line stance that they'll look bad if Denver actually does well...

TonyR
09-28-2009, 02:18 PM
Beating 3 hapless teams that we were frankly expected to beat...

I tend to agree with you other than this part. How/why is Cincinnati "hapless"? They're 2-1 with the 2 wins being impressive. Why does nobody question the Ravens' schedule by comparison?

jhns
09-28-2009, 02:18 PM
It was pretty disappointing no doubt.

Why do you guys think this teams fans are so great? You do realize the negative element of this board represents bronco fans much better than the homers right? Just look at the offseason scrimmage when Orton was booed. Look at the home opener. We were winning and the crowd was booing Orton.

I still am not convinced though. Let's see Orton do something when we need him to and not just manage games that the defense dominates. Until then, I will still think it was really dumb to give away our QB for Orton. If you don't agree, fine. Just know you are in the extreme minority, even as we win.

Also, we are about to get into the real part of the schedule. You guys better hope the winning continues or it is going to be 10 times worse after you prematurely try calling out a bunch of people. I'm not sure I even want to come here after we take losses now.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-28-2009, 02:21 PM
Why do you guys think this teams fans are so great? You do realize the negative element of this board represents bronco fans much better than the homers right? Just look at the offseason scrimmage when Orton was booed. Look at the home opener. We were winning and the crowd was booing Orton.

I still am not convinced though. Let's see Orton do something when we need him to and not just manage games that the defense dominates. Until then, I will still think it was really dumb to give away our QB for Orton. If you don't agree, fine. Just know you are in the extreme minority, even as we win.

Also, we are about to get into the real part of the schedule. You guys better hope the winning continues or it is going to be 10 times worse after you prematurely try calling out a bunch of people. I'm not sure I even want to come here after we take losses now.

We didn't give away our QB for Orton. We gave away our QB for Orton, Ayers, Phonz and a first rounder next year. Why is that so difficult to understand?

For the millionth time: the trade wasn't Cutler for Orton straight up. Claiming otherwise is both intellectually dishonest and intellectually devoid.

TonyR
09-28-2009, 02:22 PM
You can tell quite a few of these guys are still holding onto a shred of hope that they will be proven right...

Either that or they're rarely, if ever, posting any more. When's the last time you saw a post from Socal, for example?

jhns
09-28-2009, 02:25 PM
We didn't give away our QB for Orton. We gave away our QB for Orton, Ayers, Phonz and a first rounder next year. Why is that so difficult to understand?

For the millionth time: the trade wasn't Cutler for Orton straight up. Claiming otherwise is both intellectually dishonest and intellectually devoid.

Phonz was not part of that trade. We didn't get 3 firsts. Also, nothing from that trade is what has turned this team around. Yes, it wasn't just for Orton but it was as far as the QB position is concerned. That is the problem right there. I see one extremelu large weakness in this team right now and that is at QB. Hopefully I am proven wrong but that is my opinion still.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-28-2009, 02:28 PM
Phonz was not part of that trade. We didn't get 3 firsts. Also, nothing from that trade is what has turned this team around. Yes, it wasn't just for Orton but it was as far as the QB position is concerned. That is the problem right there. I see one extremelu large weakness in this team right now and that is at QB. Hopefully I am proven wrong but that is my opinion still.

Fair enough.

I don't think you can call Orton a weakness. Is the position as strong as it could be? No, probably not, but he continues to progress every single week and has been better in each contest. He knows his limitations (unlike a certain former QB) and doesn't get himself in trouble because he thinks his arm is stronger than Elway's.

I'm not crazy about Orton, but I'm happy with how he's played. Really, honestly, truly happy about how things are going.

DBroncos4life
09-28-2009, 02:36 PM

Johnny Knox is playing pretty well for the Bears, that is who they used the 5th round pick we sent them on. If if you think the Orton/Cutler part of the trade was a wash, Knox is out playing Ayers at the moment.

TonyR
09-28-2009, 02:36 PM
I see one extremelu large weakness in this team right now and that is at QB.

I agree. But I also think the team is better than last year's team, and I think it's better than the team Shanahan would have fielded this year (but of course we'll never know for sure). I also think the team is headed in the "right direction". That's how I choose to judge this regime to this point.

Mr.Meanie
09-28-2009, 02:37 PM
Ive steadfastly said that I expect the team to win 10 games, although it wasnt a prediction.

A lot of the chestpounding is laughable considering many drinking the koolaid have been justifying a 4-12 season in advance. This is just window dressing for talking out of both sides of one's mouth.

Why are people saying the "koolaide fans" were predicting 4 or 5 wins? I said 10 wins, Popps said 9, baja I believe said 10.... almost everyone who was behind the FO from the start has been saying between 8 and 10 wins for months.

TheReverend
09-28-2009, 02:43 PM
I didn't go anywhere. Best friend flew out this week and after he flew out Saturday I went straight to a friend's bachelor party.

I've been impressed with the defense and running game, and was mildly impressed by Orton on this past Sunday.

That being said, I've avoided posting any criticism because it's just old. I still think this team is a LONG ways off and that we hit the buzz saw starting this week.

Let's be realistic after all, we beat Cinci on a miracle play (not to take anything away, a win is a win), and then we beat Cleveland (looking like the WORST team in football), and Oakland. I thought Oakland would be more competitive, but that's about it. Really not much to do a lot of flag waving over, but you go right ahead. I'm just enjoying the defense and running game, personally.

DarkHorse30
09-28-2009, 02:44 PM
Where the hell do you get that from her post? Seems to me you are exactly what she was complaining about, one of those holier-than-thou posters who thinks he's a better Bronco fan than someone else and proceeds to shove **** down the other posters throat. Get over it. Please

Nobody is saying "we're better fans"......we're just saying "shut the hell up, you were wrong, so go to the back of the line".

And then the ones that were WRONG are saying "jeez, can't we all just get along?"

The answer is nada. Go to the back Eltheway....

Blueflame
09-28-2009, 02:52 PM
Nobody is saying "we're better fans"......we're just saying "shut the hell up, you were wrong, so go to the back of the line".

And then the ones that were WRONG are saying "jeez, can't we all just get along?"

The answer is nada. Go to the back Eltheway....

Know what...it's way too early in the season to determine which Bronco fans were right and which ones were wrong. Furthermore those who did "shut the hell up" (stop posting) are still being criticized (trashed is more like it) regardless. This is not making the Mane a more pleasant place for anyone.

lex
09-28-2009, 02:55 PM
Why are people saying the "koolaide fans" were predicting 4 or 5 wins? I said 10 wins, Popps said 9, baja I believe said 10.... almost everyone who was behind the FO from the start has been saying between 8 and 10 wins for months.

No, Popps was justifying 4 wins in advance as were others. This is double talk. You cant do that and then pound your chest now. Justifying 4 wins in advance is ackowledging the same thing the pessimists were saying. Thats double talk. You cant have it both ways.

outdoor_miner
09-28-2009, 02:57 PM
This is not making the Mane a more pleasant place for anyone.

You act like the Mane was a "pleasant place" back when people were being hyper-negative. How come you weren't on "pleasant patrol" a month or two ago? This offseason has been the least "fun" I've ever had as a Bronco fan, and it sure wasn't the "wait and see" crowd that was contributing to it.

I actually find the Omane 10000000x more pleasant nowadays. It is only the people who were 100% convinced that the team was going to suck that are now not enjoying things.

BroncoBuff
09-28-2009, 03:01 PM
ill name names: brewcreh, ceh, dbroncos4life, lex, broncomcbuff, atwater his ass, footstepsfrom#27

I'm your huckleberry.

And nobody on that list ever "hated" the Broncos. You might want to consider adult education. It's a good thing :thumbs:

Clockwork Orange
09-28-2009, 03:03 PM
I actually find the Omane 10000000x more pleasant nowadays. It is only the people who were 100% convinced that the team was going to suck that are now not enjoying things.

That's because they're winning. Wait until they drop a game or two and you'll see the other side of this place's schizophrenic nature. That's not unique to this season at all, that's the way this place is, was and always will be. The good fan/bad fan stuff isn't anything new either.

Hotrod
09-28-2009, 03:03 PM
Oh my LMAO

Blueflame
09-28-2009, 03:04 PM
You act like the Mane was a "pleasant place" back when people were being hyper-negative. How come you weren't on "pleasant patrol" a month or two ago? This offseason has been the least "fun" I've ever had as a Bronco fan, and it sure wasn't the "wait and see" crowd that was contributing to it.

Whatever floats your boat.

DBroncos4life
09-28-2009, 03:04 PM
I'm your huckleberry.

And nobody on that list ever "hated" the Broncos. You might want to consider adult education. It's a good thing :thumbs:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BNzitev3r9Q&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BNzitev3r9Q&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I think this is what they expect us to do....

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-28-2009, 03:05 PM

That's a pretty good point. Interesting that you're all about "pleasant" now that we're winning, Blueflame. A month ago you were calling us all kool aid drinkers, saying we didn't know football, that McD didn't have a clue, and blah blah blah blah blah.

Popcorn Sutton
09-28-2009, 03:07 PM
Johnny Knox is playing pretty well for the Bears, that is who they used the 5th round pick we sent them on. If if you think the Orton/Cutler part of the trade was a wash, Knox is out playing Ayers at the moment.

Not really surprised there. The Bears have a huge void at Wide Receiver and it's typically easier for offensive players to have an impact as a rookie.

Popcorn Sutton
09-28-2009, 03:09 PM
I'm your huckleberry.

Did you notice my name on that list? I found that to be quite interesting. Me being listed as a hater. :spit:

Hotrod
09-28-2009, 03:10 PM

LOL um ok

I thought we would suck and I'm loving life but hey if it gets you off to hope Bronco fans are sad then I say knock yourself out chief.

listopencil
09-28-2009, 03:11 PM

No, you're berating her and you've run out of ammo, so once again you've stooped to being a whiny little ****-filled douchebag. You aren't discussing anything. You dropped by to gloat because the Broncos have looked decent in the first three weeks, and that Kool Aid is forcing the cock out of your mouth again. So **** off. Try pulling your head out of your ass once in a while. Bitch.

Popcorn Sutton
09-28-2009, 03:12 PM

Fonzie was definitely not a part of the trade but I do think the trade played a role in acquiring him. If the team had only a single first rounder next year it's highly unlikely they go after Fonzie this season.

Bronco Yoda
09-28-2009, 03:13 PM
Until then, I will still think it was really dumb to give away our QB for Orton.

News flash... we did not give away Cutler for Orton..... News flash... we did not give away Cutler for Orton. News flash... we did not give away Cutler for Orton..... News flash... we did not give away Cutler for Orton.News flash... we did not give away Cutler for Orton..... News flash... we did not give away Cutler for Orton. News flash... we did not give away Cutler for Orton..... News flash... we did not give away Cutler for Orton.News flash... we did not give away Cutler for Orton..... News flash... we did not give away Cutler for Orton. News flash... we did not give away Cutler for Orton..... News flash... we did not give away Cutler for Orton.News flash... we did not give away Cutler for Orton..... News flash... we did not give away Cutler for Orton. News flash... we did not give away Cutler for Orton..... News flash... we did not give away Cutler for Orton.....

Hotrod
09-28-2009, 03:16 PM
Hey where is the official list of bad Bronco fans???

Did I make the cut?

Hotrod
09-28-2009, 03:17 PM
News flash... we did not give away Cutler for Orton..... News flash... we did not give away Cutler for Orton. News flash... we did not give away Cutler for Orton..... News flash... we did not give away Cutler for Orton.News flash... we did not give away Cutler for Orton..... News flash... we did not give away Cutler for Orton. News flash... we did not give away Cutler for Orton..... News flash... we did not give away Cutler for Orton.News flash... we did not give away Cutler for Orton..... News flash... we did not give away Cutler for Orton. News flash... we did not give away Cutler for Orton..... News flash... we did not give away Cutler for Orton.News flash... we did not give away Cutler for Orton..... News flash... we did not give away Cutler for Orton. News flash... we did not give away Cutler for Orton..... News flash... we did not give away Cutler for Orton.....

Who is this Cutler guy???

TheDave
09-28-2009, 03:17 PM

Did I make the cut?

Now there is a list I'm sure I made... ;D

Blueflame
09-28-2009, 03:18 PM
That's a pretty good point. Interesting that you're all about "pleasant" now that we're winning, Blueflame. A month ago you were calling us all kool aid drinkers, saying we didn't know football, that McD didn't have a clue, and blah blah blah blah blah.

The name-calling wasn't me. But even if I had done that... you'd best look in the mirror, Moose guy. 'Cause those names aren't anywhere near as offensive as "b*tch" or "wh*re".... incendiary names that you have called me...

Hotrod
Now there is a list I'm sure I made... ;D

I think they left you off just out of spite ROFL!

listopencil

Did I make the cut?

You need one of these:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=24797&d=1251954212

BroncoBuff
09-28-2009, 03:20 PM

You and your ilk have been claiming you were "better fans," and even go as far as to say those who question team moves actually "want the team to lose."

Sad. You should be ashamed. SoCal and I are two of the highest profile dissenters, and yet each of us has paid hundreds of dollars to visit Denver recently to watch and report on the team, and attend games and OrangeMane tailgate parties. In fact I've traveled to Denver twice in the last 7 weeks for Broncos related reasons.

DarkHorse, I notice you don't list where you live, so I'll just ask: Have you spent the time and money to visit Denver to show your support for the team? Or, if you live in Denver, do you spend your time to attend training camp or games or tailagate parties? Same questions go for tsi, Popps, outdoor_miner, baja, and TonyR ..?

No? I thought so. You guys have a long way to go to prove yourselves as serious of fans as we are. You're just armchair fans ... sitting back and gazing at the blue skies in your heads. jhns is right, the serious fans, the ones who really know football, incisively probe and examine the moves this team makes, both on the field and off. Because they care.

Keep working on it, all of you. Being a really good fans is a progression of small steps.

Good luck on your journeys :thumbsup:

Hotrod
09-28-2009, 03:20 PM
Blue might be the most under appriciated OM 'worker' here.

I'm starting to think those attacking you are just intimidated by women in general.

There that should get this thread really rocking :)

jhns
09-28-2009, 03:22 PM
Fonzie was definitely not a part of the trade but I do think the trade played a role in acquiring him. If the team had only a single first rounder next year it's highly unlikely they go after Fonzie this season.

I agree but he wasn't part of that trade. If we include everything influenced by the trade, you have to list every move made by either team after the trade as part of the trade. The bears got some o-line and a few receivers that aren't being listed. Shoot, quinn wasn't even listed and half of his pick was from a pick actually from the trade. We can't pick and chose is my only point. The trade was Cutler and Knox for Orton, Ayers, half of Quinn, and a first next year.

Not that any of this really matters.

Hotrod
09-28-2009, 03:24 PM
**** this I'm just going to hate you all equal.

I cant keep up with who is a good fan and who is evil so IMO you all suck.

outdoor_miner
09-28-2009, 03:26 PM
LOL um ok

I thought we would suck and I'm loving life but hey if it gets you off to hope Bronco fans are sad then I say knock yourself out chief.

When I have ever wished unhappiness on anyone? Never. I'm glad you're happy. I'm happy too. I wish everyone was happy. I was just pointing out that the only unhappy people are those that were being extremely mean-spirited just a few months ago.

jhns
09-28-2009, 03:26 PM

What? I'm not sure I follow. What are you trying to say? Didn't we give chicago cutler and get orton in return? What do you call it?

outdoor_miner
09-28-2009, 03:27 PM
Whatever floats your boat.

Huh?

listopencil
09-28-2009, 03:27 PM
I agree but he wasn't part of that trade. If we include everything influenced by the trade, you have to list every move made by either team after the trade as part of the trade. The bears got some o-line and a few receivers that aren't being listed. Shoot, quinn wasn't even listed and half of his pick was from a pick actually from the trade. We can't pick and chose is my only point. The trade was Cutler and Knox for Orton, Ayers, half of Quinn, and a first next year.

Not that any of this really matters.

I don't know, I think of the trade as Cutler and all of the other draft picks. You can judge the success of the trade based on who we get but that's not the point of the trade. The value that the Broncos get from those trades is another issue.

Hotrod
09-28-2009, 03:29 PM
When I have ever wished unhappiness on anyone? Never. I'm glad you're happy. I'm happy too. I wish everyone was happy. I was just pointing out that the only unhappy people are those that were being extremely mean-spirited just a few months ago.

Fair enough

I just miss the times when the OM was more about friends and football. That simply is not the case anymore.

There are tons of reasons but we used to know each other better and could give each other a ration of ****. Now some good natured ribbing turns into a **** tossing event. Maybe the site is just to big and people just dont really know each other that well anymore.

somedays I think we need Dr. Phil to come in and help us hug it out.

Memento
09-28-2009, 03:29 PM
We didn't give away our QB for Orton. We gave away our QB for Orton, Ayers, Phonz and a first rounder next year.

Add: it gave us the flexibility to pick up Moreno as well...

baja
09-28-2009, 03:30 PM
Know what...it's way too early in the season to determine which Bronco fans were right and which ones were wrong. Furthermore those who did "shut the hell up" (stop posting) are still being criticized (trashed is more like it) regardless. This is not making the Mane a more pleasant place for anyone.

Don't you have a good really large picture of Richard Milhous Nixon?

broncofan7
09-28-2009, 03:30 PM
The Broncos are going to lose sometime soon, and lose big they just might. When that time comes, people like Buff, bronco7, blue, TJ etc will all be out in full force for the entire week. Hell, that will probably get SoCal to come back and post.

That's BroncoFAN7. And I am VERY impressed with what Nolan has done with our DEFENSE. I loved the Dolphin signings, loved the Dawkins signing and I am pleasantly surprised by Gaffney. I AM NOT IMPRESSED WITH ORTON EVEN A LITTLE BIT. His inability to complete passes that have to travel in the air more than 15 yards WILL BE EXPOSED AND SOON. God help us if we are forced to KEEP pace with another team's offense--that day could VERY WELL come this Sunday against Dallas who I fully expect to score 24-28 points on us. IF Orton is able to keep pace with a Romo-led Dallas offense and other offenses led by upper echelon QB 's--then I will GLADLY eat crow--but to say I am skeptical of our QB would be the understatement of the year.........If not for the trading of Jay, I would have been FULL OF OPTIMISM this offseason--just imagine THIS DEFENSE with Jay Cutler--and spare me the INT total--we would have hammered Cincy in week one--CLE would have been over by halftime and Jokeland would have been the same(although it was over after our 1st drive of the 2nd half due to our running game)--It's the QB--or lack their of, that colors my posts on this board.........

baja
09-28-2009, 03:32 PM
No, you're berating her and you've run out of ammo, so once again you've stooped to being a whiny little ****-filled douchebag. You aren't discussing anything. You dropped by to gloat because the Broncos have looked decent in the first three weeks, and that Kool Aid is forcing the cock out of your mouth again. So **** off. Try pulling your head out of your ass once in a while. b****.

Ha ha ha Life is good pencil dick life is good try it on some time.

listopencil
09-28-2009, 03:33 PM
Ha ha ha Life is good pencil dick life is good try it on some time.

Life is definitely good, but you're still a dumbass. Die in a fire.

outdoor_miner
09-28-2009, 03:34 PM
DarkHorse, I notice you don't list where you live, so I'll just ask: Have you spent the time and money to visit Denver to show your support for the team? Or, if you live in Denver, do you spend your time to attend training camp or games or tailagate parties? Same questions go for tsi, Popps, outdoor_miner, baja, and TonyR ..?

I have never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever claimed anyone was a bad fan. Never. Never. Never. The whole "superfan" argument is basically a straw man where people can lump all McDaniels supporters into a single group.

In fact, I loved having civil discussion with people like you throughout the offseason. My problem has always been with the people spouting hate-filled diatribes... That's it.

DarkHorse30
09-28-2009, 03:34 PM

You're wrong, Blueflame. 3 games is HUGE.......remember last year? 3 games up with 3 to play and Shanahan/Cutler couldn't pull it off. Should we go back......or move forward?

BTW, I'll continue to poke fun at posters who whiff.....just my nature. Feel free to do the same.

jhns
09-28-2009, 03:36 PM
Add: it gave us the flexibility to pick up Moreno as well...

I think this pick had a good chance of happening even if we did keep Cutler. They made it obvious that they didn't like the RB position this offseason. To me, the pick still would make sense. Fill the only hole on offense and get a better run game incase the defense takes time to get good.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-28-2009, 03:38 PM
The name-calling wasn't me. But even if I had done that... you'd best look in the mirror, Moose guy. 'Cause those names aren't anywhere near as offensive as "b*tch" or "wh*re".... incendiary names that you have called me...

First, I'm fully aware of the truthful names I've called you.

Second, I'm also fully aware that if the tables were turned, if the Broncos were 0-3, you'd be the one starting this thread, not the one calling for "pleasantness."

Finally, it's fairly absurd that you completely refuse to admit when you're wrong. Like right now, or when you said McD didn't know what he was doing before the team took a real-live snap. The fact is, BF, that you don't know what you're talking about, and that you never did. YOu were too busy crying over Shanahan and Cutler to pull your head out long enough to see the changes that were coming with the new regime. And after bitching and complaining all off season that what they were doing is wrong wrong wrong, that the Patriots way of doing things (read: winning with discipline and teamwork) was wrong wrong wrong, after telling people they were idiots if they disagreed with you and that they must love cheaters if they agreed with what was going on; after ALL of that, you come here and request "pleasant."

What a joke.

jhns
09-28-2009, 03:39 PM
You're wrong, Blueflame. 3 games is HUGE.......remember last year? 3 games up with 3 to play and Shanahan/Cutler couldn't pull it off. Should we go back......or move forward?

BTW, I'll continue to poke fun at posters who whiff.....just my nature. Feel free to do the same.

It can't be that huge. We were 3-0 the last two seasons and everyone here only talks about how bad those teams are. How can that be if 3 wins make them a success?

Lev Vyvanse
09-28-2009, 03:41 PM
I have never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever claimed anyone was a bad fan. Never. Never. Never. The whole "superfan" argument is basically a straw man where people can lump all McDaniels supporters into a single group.

In fact, I loved having civil discussion with people like you throughout the offseason. My problem has always been with the people spouting hate-filled diatribes... That's it.

He didn't say you were a bad fan. Just that you're not a serious fan.

baja
09-28-2009, 03:42 PM

I cant keep up with who is a good fan and who is evil so IMO you all suck.

It's easy if you see any of the following words it's a bad fan

McDodo, gutless, drunk, aids dipped, Franchise QB, set back 50 years, Patriotgate or McAnyword.

If you see any of these words it's a good fan;

Josh, McD, best owner, Mr. Bowlen, cry baby Jay, didn't want to be a Bronco, wait until he has coached a few games, TEAM FIRST,

;D

BroncoBuff
09-28-2009, 03:45 PM

Fair enough ... I just glanced through this page to fill out my list.

We cool :pimp:

Hotrod
09-28-2009, 03:49 PM

I have a list and you sir on on the top of it.

Memento
09-28-2009, 03:55 PM
I think this pick had a good chance of happening even if we did keep Cutler. They made it obvious that they didn't like the RB position this offseason. To me, the pick still would make sense. Fill the only hole on offense and get a better run game incase the defense takes time to get good.

Point taken. McDaniels seems to be a bit, um, "conventionally unconventional" in his approach (which I like), meaning he's really old-school when it comes to the team-first approach and such... he's really drilling that attitude in hard-core...

But he's certainly *unconventional* in that he doesn't appear to be afraid to make (or flirt with) BIG-time changes if he feels they're necessary, not really worrying about the opinions posted on message boards (sorry :D), or in the papers, or whispered or shouted on NFL shows by the "experts", or even those expressed by the departing two-time SB Champ coach...

He might well have drafted Moreno if Cutler had never been traded... but then, picking again at 18 probably didn't hurt either.

outdoor_miner
09-28-2009, 03:57 PM
He didn't say you were a bad fan. Just that you're not a serious fan.

No, he was implying that I was one of the people claiming he was a bad fan, which is simply not true. There have been like 1 or 2 people here calling others bad fans, and I'm not one of them. I know everyone here loves the Broncos.

BroncoBuff could look through his reps and see how many I've given him the last 3 months. I've never had a problem with him and he is one of my favorite posters on the Mane. Sure, I've argued with him and disagree with some of his takes, but I appreciate anyone that is civil.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-28-2009, 03:57 PM
Who was it that said McDaniels' approach to running this team was too "small-time college" to ever be successful? I honestly can't remember, and find that argument so ridiculously awful, and would like to point and laugh at that person.

outdoor_miner
09-28-2009, 03:58 PM

Cool. :pimp:

Mr. Elway
09-28-2009, 04:00 PM
As part of this reconciliation I would just like to say that most posters on this site have at one time or another posted things in the heat of the argument that are inflammatory, wrong, bullheaded, dickheaded, or just plain dumb. So in a sense we were all wrong.

Except of course me.

Master___Pain
09-28-2009, 04:01 PM
You and your ilk have been claiming you were "better fans," and even go as far as to say those who question team moves actually "want the team to lose."

Sad. You should be ashamed. SoCal and I are two of the highest profile dissenters, and yet each of us has paid hundreds of dollars to visit Denver recently to watch and report on the team, and attend games and OrangeMane tailgate parties. In fact I've traveled to Denver twice in the last 7 weeks for Broncos related reasons.

No? I thought so. You guys have a long way to go to prove yourselves as serious of fans as we are. You're just armchair fans ... sitting back and gazing at the blue skies in your heads. jhns is right, the serious fans, the ones who really know football, incisively probe and examine the moves this team makes, both on the field and off. Because they care.

Keep working on it, all of you. Being a really good fans is a progression of small steps.

What a condescending douchebag post. So how much money you spend on the team determines super fandom? Unreal.

I hope this was tongue in cheek, other wise it's such a down the nose, stuck on the high horse post I don't know what to make of it.

epicSocialism4tw
09-28-2009, 04:01 PM
Really? Since when is this 2002?

Dallas and Baltimore's defense have given up pretty big yards and points to good teams this year.

Both teams have atrocious pass defense.

Yeah, but the media keeps telling us that they have awesome defenses.

Clockwork Orange
09-28-2009, 04:02 PM
What a condescending douchebag post. So how much money you spend on the team determines super fandom? Unreal.

I hope this was tongue in cheek, other wise it's such a down the noes, stuck on the high horse post I don't know what to make of it.

Sadly, that isn't the first time someone has played that card on this site.

Hotrod
09-28-2009, 04:05 PM
Yeah, but the media keeps telling us that they have awesome defenses.

Not to get off topic........whatever that is but the Cowboys D is bad BAD BAD. We will be able to run on that group of turds better then we did the faid.

Ok back to the bitch fest everyone.

tsiguy96
09-28-2009, 04:05 PM
i think its funny broncobuff calls mcdaniels supporters bad fans because we refuse to talk **** about the team before its ever even warranted. mcdaniels had never played a game while idiots like him wrote the team off, whereas people like us wanted to see the team on the field and how they play before deciding the offseason was a failure.

now the retards who spent all summer complaining about how bad the front 7, defense, and QB will be look like total morons, and those of us that said "wait til you see it on the field before crying" are 100% right.

baja
09-28-2009, 04:06 PM
As part of this reconciliation I would just like to say that most posters on this site have at one time or another posted things in the heat of the argument that are inflammatory, wrong, bullheaded, dickheaded, or just plain dumb. So in a sense we were all wrong.

Except of course me.

and me

Blueflame
09-28-2009, 04:06 PM
Huh?

If bashing of other Broncos fans is your idea of "more pleasant"... and you believe the McDaniels supporters were completely pleasant throughout the tumultuous offseason (and that only those who question the direction we're going were "negative") then nothing I could possibly say is going to make any difference. So "whatever floats your boat".

Blueflame
09-28-2009, 04:07 PM
Don't you have a good really large picture of Richard Milhous Nixon?

I have no idea what point you're trying to make with this post. ???

jhat01
09-28-2009, 04:08 PM

I hope this was tongue in cheek, other wise it's such a down the nose, stuck on the high horse post I don't know what to make of it.

I've got to agree..Maybe it's the frustration talking but that was a pretty empty post. Saying that people who call people "bad fans" for their dissention is wrong, all the while somehow qualifying fandom by how much money he spends? I don't know, I think most people here are fans..they just express differently.

baja
09-28-2009, 04:08 PM

I didn't know third graders could be lawyers.

Blueflame
09-28-2009, 04:09 PM

More accurately... you disagree with me. That does not necessarily mean I'm wrong.... the possibility still exists that you're the one who is.

tsiguy96
09-28-2009, 04:09 PM
If bashing of other Broncos fans is your idea of "more pleasant"... and you believe the McDaniels supporters were completely pleasant throughout the tumultuous offseason (and that only those who question the direction we're going were "negative") then nothing I could possibly say is going to make any difference. So "whatever floats your boat".

i realize ive explained this 100,000 times to you. questioning mcdaniels is not what we were calling you and your fellow haters out for. predicting absolute doom and gloom, horrible defense horrible offense, everyone was a bad signing and the draft sucked etc etc, before ever having seen this team on the field is what we called you out for, and rightfully so. basically everything you guys bitched about being awful all summer turned out to be good, and in most cases better than what anyone here expected. so you spent all summer telling us why mcdip**** sucks and why this team will win 2 games without admitting to the fact that there is a chance this team could succeed and beyond.

Hotrod
09-28-2009, 04:10 PM
Wait we beat the faid now were SB bound???

http://agentgenius.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/seriously-shut-up.jpg

BroncoBuff
09-28-2009, 04:11 PM
See? THIS is what I'm talking about when I say "All Broncsos fans are equal, none better than another."

Nice job Dortoh ... keep it up, rock star.

Clockwork Orange
I've got to agree..Maybe it's the frustration talking but that was a pretty empty post. Saying that people who call people "bad fans" for their dissention is wrong, all the while somehow qualifying fandom by how much money he spends? I don't know, I think most people here are fans..they just express differently.

I like to believe that everyone here, regardless of their opinions and how they state them, roots their asses off for the Broncos to win every time they take the field.

Mr. Elway
I would also like to say that in terms of spending money on being a Bronco fan this year I have actually saved money. I cancelled my Comcast Sports Tier subscription (don't need it for NFL Network this year) and failed to buy my wife a #19 Jersey (They didn't have her size). I intended to make the Browns game but could not that day. I am also winning my picks pool as a result of picking Denver each week.

So I m definitely in the black, and anything I say should be taken in the context of someone who knows less than nothing.

Blueflame
09-28-2009, 04:13 PM
First, I'm fully aware of the truthful names I've called you.

Second, I'm also fully aware that if the tables were turned, if the Broncos were 0-3, you'd be the one starting this thread, not the one calling for "pleasantness."

Finally, it's fairly absurd that you completely refuse to admit when you're wrong. Like right now, or when you said McD didn't know what he was doing before the team took a real-live snap. The fact is, BF, that you don't know what you're talking about, and that you never did. YOu were too busy crying over Shanahan and Cutler to pull your head out long enough to see the changes that were coming with the new regime. And after b****ing and complaining all off season that what they were doing is wrong wrong wrong, that the Patriots way of doing things (read: winning with discipline and teamwork) was wrong wrong wrong, after telling people they were idiots if they disagreed with you and that they must love cheaters if they agreed with what was going on; after ALL of that, you come here and request "pleasant."

What a joke.

"Truthful"? ??? You're now alleging that it's truthful that I am a "b*tch" and a "wh*re"? You do not know me and have no idea who or what I am. And I am most certainly neither. If you ever wonder why I usually ignore your posts, look no further than this example right here.

And no. I do not start "call-out" threads. You could search the archives and you will not find one started by me.

Clockwork Orange
09-28-2009, 04:13 PM
I would also like to say that in terms of spending money on being a Bronco fan this year I have actually saved money. I cancelled my Comcast Sports Tier subscription (don't need it for NFL Network this year) and failed to buy my wife a #19 Jersey (They didn't have her size). I intended to make the Browns game but could not that day. I am also winning my picks pool as a result of picking Denver each week.

So I m definitely in the black, and anything I say should be taken in the context of someone who knows less than nothing.

Dude, you're missing out with Red Zone Channel. After watching that for ten minutes I was left thinking "where have you been all my life?" :)

Hotrod
09-28-2009, 04:14 PM
See? THIS is what I'm talking about when I say "All Broncsos fans are equal, none better than another."

Nice job Dortoh ... keep it up, rock star.

You can sweet talk me all day bub but your staying on my list. Not sure what the list is for but your on it.

Mr. Elway
09-28-2009, 04:18 PM
Dude, you're missing out with Red Zone Channel. After watching that for ten minutes I was left thinking "where have you been all my life?" :)

Really? The comcast sales lady explained it to me and it sounded like a bunch of touchdown highlights that I could see online for free. But I have heard people talking it up here.

colonelbeef
09-28-2009, 04:19 PM
It's easy if you see any of the following words it's a bad fan

McDodo, gutless, drunk, aids dipped, Franchise QB, set back 50 years, Patriotgate or McAnyword.

If you see any of these words it's a good fan;

Josh, McD, best owner, Mr. Bowlen, cry baby Jay, didn't want to be a Bronco, wait until he has coached a few games, TEAM FIRST,

;D

haha

BroncoBuff

Definitely tongue in cheek on the "attacking" part ... bu dead serious on the "defending" part. If SoCal and I were truly haters, we would've vacationed elsewhere ... :wave:

Blueflame
i realize ive explained this 100,000 times to you. questioning mcdaniels is not what we were calling you and your fellow haters out for. predicting absolute doom and gloom, horrible defense horrible offense, everyone was a bad signing and the draft sucked etc etc, before ever having seen this team on the field is what we called you out for, and rightfully so. basically everything you guys b****ed about being awful all summer turned out to be good, and in most cases better than what anyone here expected. so you spent all summer telling us why mcdip**** sucks and why this team will win 2 games without admitting to the fact that there is a chance this team could succeed and beyond.

Whatever, Tsiguy. Get back to me when we've beaten a team that actually won more than 5 games last year.

BroncoBuff
09-28-2009, 04:20 PM
You can sweet talk me all day bub but your staying on my list. Not sure what the list is for but your on it.

But but ... what do I have to do to get off the list?

outdoor_miner
09-28-2009, 04:20 PM

Hmmm - the Broncos are winning, hence the "more pleasant". Most people are happy. A few are not.

You seem to be implying the opposite. Only now are things unpleasant (according to you), whereas a few months ago, everything was roses??? I guess I don't see why you were unconcerned a few months ago.

Anyway - I'm done. I know you are a true Bronco fan (as are almost all the others posting here). I believe some people backed themselves into a corner with their over-the-top reactions to this offseason. I guess I just feel that if you go "all in" with a prediction, you should expect to catch some crap if it doesn't come true. It is why I avoid definitives and absolutes for the most part.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the season.

Hotrod
09-28-2009, 04:21 PM

QFT

I was in heaven.

Clockwork Orange
09-28-2009, 04:22 PM
Really? The comcast sales lady explained it to me and it sounded like a bunch of touchdown highlights that I could see online for free. But I have heard people talking it up here.

It's awesome. Live look ins on games all day, highlights when things happen simultaneously (when they're not using the split screen) and no commercials. It's perfect to flip to when the game you're watching goes to a commercial because they've almost always got some live action going.

baja

Is there a way to get Red Zone via Internet?

Hotrod
Hmmm - the Broncos are winning, hence the "more pleasant". Most people are happy. A few are not.

You seem to be implying the opposite. Only now are things unpleasant (according to you), whereas a few months ago, everything was roses??? I guess I don't see why you were unconcerned a few months ago.

Anyway - I'm done. I know you are a true Bronco fan (as are almost all the others posting here). I believe some people backed themselves into a corner with their over-the-top reactions to this offseason. I guess I just feel that if you go "all in" with a prediction, you should expect to catch some crap if it doesn't come true. It is why I avoid definitives and absolutes for the most part.

I've already backed down on my McD bashing and taken my crow.

I refuse to eat crow on Orton.......seriously he sucks

listopencil
09-28-2009, 04:24 PM
i realize ive explained this 100,000 times to you. questioning mcdaniels is not what we were calling you and your fellow haters out for.

Really?

Dagmar

Sure justin.tv has a Sunday feed.

Hotrod

There is the problem right there.

Blueflame

I don't feel "backed into a corner" at all. However, I also do not feel that anything I've ever posted on this forum justifies being publicly called a "b*tch" or a "wh*re".... the level of hostility that some on the other side of the debate are displaying is way over the top.

Clockwork Orange

Not that I know of, but I'm sure there are others who would probably know better than me.

baja
09-28-2009, 04:25 PM
Really?

You do know Blue is happily married don't you pencil dick?

mr007
09-28-2009, 04:27 PM
I think there's a pretty big misconception of what people are calling the "doom and gloom" crowd.

I, for one, wasn't on board with to what appeared from my perspective to be a lot of off-season turmoil. It was tough to stomach losing a talented QB (in my perspective) and not seeing a lot of early action of our draft picks in the preseason. Also, based on the preseason, our offense and Kyle Orton in particular didn't leave a whole lot of room for excitement.

That said, after game 1, I was really really concerned with Orton and the offense. It looks to me like he has really settled down and become more confident. His game 1 to game 3 are worlds of difference in my eyes... he has done a good job of evading pressure and making smart decisions with the football.

So far, we've performed above and beyond my expectations for the team, which is a great thing to see. I hope we can continue this through the stretch of games that seem to be pretty brutal, but so far the crow is looking good. :Broncos:

Hotrod
09-28-2009, 04:28 PM
Blue is an awesome lady period end of story.