PDA

View Full Version : The only thing bad about today was.....

ZONA
09-27-2009, 05:21 PM
Stupid Sunday Ticket didn't show the game in HD. What a bunch of crap. I could understand if they didn't charge extra for HD and once in awhile a game wasn't in HD but when you DO pay the extra money for HD, you want to see the game in MF HD.

F _ C K I N Directv - I'm calling them to b**** about this.

The MVPlaya
09-27-2009, 05:22 PM
I got the game in HD?...

ZONA
09-27-2009, 05:25 PM
I got the game in HD?...

say what?

what channel? my game was clearly not in HD. When you've been watching nothing but HD and then you see it's not, you can clearly tell.

elsid13
09-27-2009, 05:27 PM
say what?

what channel? my game was clearly not in HD. When you've been watching nothing but HD and then you see it's not, you can clearly tell.

It was in HD. DirectTV had the HD game on 716-1. SD was on 716.

Bronx33
09-27-2009, 05:28 PM
what it wasn't clear enough?

hades
09-27-2009, 05:28 PM
I thought CBS was doing all games in HD this year?

broncofan4life
09-27-2009, 05:31 PM
i watched it in HD on Sunday Ticket

Traveler
09-27-2009, 05:34 PM
Me too.

Bronx33
09-27-2009, 05:35 PM
Does anybody remember your dad sitting behind the tv set with a mirror in front of it trying to get a good picture?

baja
09-27-2009, 05:39 PM
Stupid Sunday Ticket didn't show the game in HD. What a bunch of crap. I could understand if they didn't charge extra for HD and once in awhile a game wasn't in HD but when you DO pay the extra money for HD, you want to see the game in MF HD.

F _ C K I N Directv - I'm calling them to b**** about this.

Oh Shut your whinny ass I did not get to see the game because of those dumb, broke ass Faider fans ;D

R8R H8R
09-27-2009, 05:49 PM
A friend of mine said that even if you have HD & the Ticket, the NFL is requiring you to pay extra for football games on HD. He said it's not Directv, it's the NFL.

He found out the hard way today and then called Direct, and that is what they told him.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-27-2009, 05:53 PM
I had the game in HD on Sunday Ticket. You have to have superfan to get the games in HD to the best of my knowlege. Channel 716-1 on DirecTV today. You can get the shortcuts version all week in HD if you have superfan.

ZONA
09-27-2009, 05:59 PM
I do have the Superfan. I did see that there were two channels with the Broncos game and what I did was go to menu and choose HD channels only and then I selected the (now one) channel the Broncos were on, and it was definitely not HD. And I'm going to assume since it was not much of a game that it will NOT be on NFL Channel REPLAY either. Grrrr.

Oh well, I guess it was old school today. Watched games like that for ever until 4 years ago when I first got HD.

Sorry baja, those stupid broke Raider fans cost you seeing the game.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-27-2009, 06:06 PM
I do have the Superfan. I did see that there were two channels with the Broncos game and what I did was go to menu and choose HD channels only and then I selected the (now one) channel the Broncos were on, and it was definitely not HD. And I'm going to assume since it was not much of a game that it will NOT be on NFL Channel REPLAY either. Grrrr.

Oh well, I guess it was old school today. Watched games like that for ever until 4 years ago when I first got HD.

Unfortunately you have to be smarter than the directv reciever. On the program guide it says "HD" after everything broadcast in high definition. Most HD programming is on a "-1" channel -- ie today's game was on 716-1, not 716. If you actually paid for superfan, you should know there is a problem if you are watching the game in standard definintion. If you actually paid for superfan, you can watch the "shortcuts" version of the game all week long in HD. Or you can b!tch about being owned by your satellite reciever on a public forum. Your choice.

SportinOne
09-27-2009, 06:51 PM
Some people are "figure things outers", and some people like to sit idly by and wait for it to fix itself.

Beantown Bronco
09-27-2009, 07:16 PM

Next time just go to the one with the -1 after it. That's the HD feed.

SouthStndJunkie
09-27-2009, 07:19 PM
No problems here.

Sounds more like it could have been a PEBKAC error.

Popcorn Sutton
09-27-2009, 07:24 PM
I got the game in HD?...

Same here.

Sassy
09-27-2009, 07:33 PM
It was in HD. DirectTV had the HD game on 716-1. SD was on 716.

Yep...that's what I had too...HD

GreatBronco16
09-27-2009, 07:49 PM
Yep, I watched it in HD with the superfan also. I think you selected the wrong channel.

cabronco
09-27-2009, 09:24 PM
A couple years ago it was only in SD. But today it was HD all the way. There really isnt a reason anymore to watch a game in SD unless its a Charger game showing close ups of the moon, I mean Norv Turner. Just kidding Charger Fan you have a helluva coach. :spit:

ZONA
09-27-2009, 09:35 PM
Unfortunately you have to be smarter than the directv reciever. On the program guide it says "HD" after everything broadcast in high definition. Most HD programming is on a "-1" channel -- ie today's game was on 716-1, not 716. If you actually paid for superfan, you should know there is a problem if you are watching the game in standard definintion. If you actually paid for superfan, you can watch the "shortcuts" version of the game all week long in HD. Or you can b!tch about being owned by your satellite reciever on a public forum. Your choice.

Thank you Doctor Douche, for your wisdom

gunns
09-27-2009, 09:45 PM
For me the only bad thing(s) about today was that San Diego won, that I sat Pierre Thomas and DeSean Jackson, he was listed as questionable and hadn't practiced. Damn!

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-27-2009, 09:50 PM
I haven't had the HDs in 2 weeks, either. It says "searching for signal on satellite in". I get the RZC in HD, but no Gamemix or the individual games in HD. All standard-def unless it's on a local channel. I'm actually having to have a tech come out to look at it Wednesday morning. Unless anyone knows something I don't? It would be a big help.

Man-Goblin
09-27-2009, 09:52 PM
Saw it in HD at the bar.

Rock Chalk
09-27-2009, 10:54 PM
Haha, Zona got owned by his satellite receiver :)

Popps
09-27-2009, 10:57 PM
Does anybody remember your dad sitting behind the tv set with a mirror in front of it trying to get a good picture?

ROFL!

Hell yea.

I remember my dad had a black and white TV and he had this technique of throwing (light) things at it to get the static to clear up.

Amazing. I tell my 15 year old son this stuff and he just looks at me like I'm a friggin' geezer, and I'm only 40.

Hell, I remember when the microwave came out and they did a big demo at my grade school and we made smores in 30 seconds.

Popps
09-27-2009, 10:57 PM
Oh, and the game was in crystal-clear HD today... caught some on my plasma, and some in the back room on the LCD. :)

Dr. Broncenstein
09-28-2009, 04:41 AM
Thank you Doctor Douche, for your wisdom

Let me quote word for word the thread opener:

"Stupid Sunday Ticket didn't show the game in HD. What a bunch of crap. I could understand if they didn't charge extra for HD and once in awhile a game wasn't in HD but when you DO pay the extra money for HD, you want to see the game in MF HD.

F _ C K I N Directv - I'm calling them to b**** about this."

Not only did you fail in your task to outwit your satellite reciever, but you made an angry specticle of it. I'm just trying to help you rein in your propensity for being angy and dumb at the same time.

Don Flamenco
09-28-2009, 05:44 AM
Lol. So are here any updates on how the conversation wih customer service went?

Give them hell ZONA!

ZONA
09-28-2009, 04:15 PM
Not only did you fail in your task to outwit your satellite reciever, but you made an angry specticle of it. I'm just trying to help you rein in your propensity for being angy and dumb at the same time.

And I said thank you for your wisdom (even though you were trying to be a douche about it and you know you were), you are obviously the smartest guy on this board, as you so like to demonstrate.:thanku: