PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Orton Appreciation Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Irish Stout
09-27-2009, 04:23 PM
The dude is not flashy. The dude doesn't make the best throws in the world. The dude is regrowing the neckbeard. The dude sometimes stares down his receiver.

The dude wins games.

I appreciate Kyle's ability to limit the mistakes, to trash his completion precentage by throwing it away, and his ability to do what needs to be done.

Would another QB be better with this offense? Maybe, but hard to deny that Kyle has been thus far successful.

NYBronco
09-27-2009, 04:26 PM
Orton and the Broncos are 3 and 0. Good job!

SJ Bronco
09-27-2009, 04:28 PM
not to rain on the parade, cause 3-0 rules no matter who is playing QB, BUT, isn't this a little like saying, I won at the special olympics, despite having a bad knee? I mean, it seems more like we are winning DESPITE orton.

SJ Bronco
09-27-2009, 04:28 PM
Of course having said that, we've already won 3 more games than i thought we'd win this year, so Kyle isn't hurting us.

Williams
09-27-2009, 04:29 PM
He's definitely getting the job done. ZERO turnovers in three games. Kudos Kyle!

Spider
09-27-2009, 04:30 PM
Orton .................pfffffffffft we need a franchise QB

broncogary
09-27-2009, 04:32 PM
And he's got a pretty good arm, too.

Punisher
09-27-2009, 04:34 PM
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/151452/1844248299-denver-broncos-quarterback-kyle-orton-jokes-teammates-running-drills-during_medium.jpg

GO ORTON

spdirty
09-27-2009, 04:35 PM
**** him. Appreciation goes to Nolan and the defense, Buckhalter, and Moreno.

tsiguy96
09-27-2009, 04:36 PM

i know, winning games sucks doesnt it :(

chex
09-27-2009, 04:36 PM
Orton is doing exactly what he was brought here to do, play smart football and not turn the ball over. I don't think there was anyone here thinking this guy was going to lead the league in yards or td's, but right now he's tied for the league lead in wins, and that's all I care about. This is something some of the in-hiding big mouths neglected to understand, but I know, a win isn't really a win unless you can be proud of looking at the boxscore.

Popcorn Sutton
09-27-2009, 04:37 PM

I don't understand this. It's one thing to say the appreciation should go to other players but what's up the with **** him? Did he punch your sister or something?

Popps
09-27-2009, 04:37 PM
Again, Orton may not be the long-term answer, but we're 3-0. He's clearly doing things right. He's making good decision after good decision. Amazing the difference it makes when you're QB is operating under that mindset.

Props to Kyle! Keep it up, buddy.

Punisher
09-27-2009, 04:38 PM
The running game looks Great i tell ya that and Orton is playing like a smart ass

SJ Bronco
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xgWs-_yY7Fg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xgWs-_yY7Fg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Williams
i don't understand this. It's one thing to say the appreciation should go to other players but what's up the with **** him? Did he punch your sister or something? Grow up.

+1

chex

I know, if Cutler was here we'd be 3-0 instead of.....oh, nevermind.

broncogary
09-27-2009, 04:39 PM
I don't understand this. It's one thing to say the appreciation should go to other players but what's up the with **** him? Did he punch your sister or something?

spdirty's just a little punk, is all it is.

spdirty
09-27-2009, 04:39 PM

blah blah blah. See what he does when we need a score with less than 2 minutes. Till then, the credit goes to the defense and running backs (except Lamont Jordan, F him too)

But good job not turning the ball over.

Liebs
09-27-2009, 04:40 PM
how many times can one person say "the dude" in one post?

Kyle is looking solid so far

Popcorn Sutton
09-27-2009, 04:41 PM
blah blah blah. See what he does when we need a score with less than 2 minutes. Till then, the credit goes to the defense and running backs (except Lamont Jordan, F him too)

What's the point of pissing on Broncos players? Voice your opinion, whatever, but this **** him crap is ridiculous. Are you 12?

i4jelway7
good job kyle, great decison making, no INT's this year, needs to work on his chemistry w/ eddie royal but dude gets wins

chex
spdirty's just a little punk, is all it is.

nah, probably just annoyed that the team ruined his and the other's plans of turning this place in a 24 hour whinefest by winning the first 3 games.

Baba Booey
Due to the scruff on Orton's face, Neckbeard level is in danger of being elevated to Yellow.

rbackfactory80
09-27-2009, 04:42 PM
Time to break out the famous Spider thread, who do we blame this win on?

SJ Bronco
09-27-2009, 04:43 PM
hey if Orton wins the NEXT 3, I'll put a picture of him up on my wall with hearts around it. We got some tough games coming up.

snowspot66
09-27-2009, 04:43 PM
not to rain on the parade, cause 3-0 rules no matter who is playing QB, BUT, isn't this a little like saying, I won at the special olympics, despite having a bad knee? I mean, it seems more like we are winning DESPITE orton.

Really? We won today despite a QB with a 60ish completion % and taking care of the ball?

Popcorn Sutton
09-27-2009, 04:47 PM
From what I saw Kyle did a good job of executing the game plan. He made a couple bad throws in the 2nd half but is that so different than Cutler? He's due a bad throw here and there. He did a good job of taking what was given to him. The game plan today was ball control and time of possession. They were throwing the ball in the middle of the field and playing it safe. This is perfect against the Raiders squad prone to turn the ball over and unlikely to put up a lot of points. Well done.

SJ Bronco
09-27-2009, 04:49 PM
Really? We won today despite a QB with a 60ish completion % and taking care of the ball?

yes, I mean, if you don't throw the ball farther than 5 yards, your completion percentage goes up. I personaly think that if you take a Brady, and insert him into the game today, all things being equal, i think we drop 50 on the fade today.

R8R H8R
09-27-2009, 04:52 PM
Time to break out the famous Spider thread, who do we blame this win on?

I blame everyone. Offense, Defense, ST's, and coaching staff. Fire 'em all.

snowspot66
yes, I mean, if you don't throw the ball farther than 5 yards, your completion percentage goes up. I personaly think that if you take a Brady, and insert him into the game today, all things being equal, i think we drop 50 on the fade today.

So Brady would have pounded it up the middle and scored a couple of TD's instead of getting stood up at the line? All the points left on the field were left there by RB's and OL penalty.

SJ Bronco
From what I saw Kyle did a good job of executing the game plan. He made a couple bad throws in the 2nd half but is that so different than Cutler? He's due a bad throw here and there. He did a good job of taking what was given to him. The game plan today was ball control and time of possession. They were throwing the ball in the middle of the field and playing it safe. This is perfect against the Raiders squad prone to turn the ball over and unlikely to put up a lot of points. Well done.

I think we should stop comparing him to cutler. Those of us not impressed with Orton, don't all want cutler back. I want to look for someone this upcoming off season, weather it be by draft or FA. I see Orton a lot like Bob's son. He'll do for now, but he ain't gonna win us anything.

Williams
09-27-2009, 04:53 PM
I think we should stop comparing him to cutler. Those of us not impressed with Orton, don't all want cutler back. I want to look for someone this upcoming off season, weather it be by draft or FA. I see Orton a lot like Bob's son. He'll do for now, but he ain't gonna win us anything.

He won us three so far.

Popcorn Sutton
09-27-2009, 04:54 PM

Oh, I should compare him to Brady instead? I see you are doing a good job of that.

SJ Bronco
09-27-2009, 04:55 PM
So Brady would have pounded it up the middle and scored a couple of TD's instead of getting stood up at the line? All the points left on the field were left there by RB's and OL penalty.

Wrong. We were forced to be one dimensional in the red zone cause Orton can't score there, and the Raiders knew it. Sold out on the run.

DivineBronco
09-27-2009, 04:56 PM
and Cinci is making us look even better with the two wins they have

SJ Bronco
09-27-2009, 04:57 PM
Oh, I should compare him to Brady instead? I see you are doing a good job of that.

Compare him to any QB that is winning superbowls YES! or are you just happy beating the bengals and the fade? I want to win it all, not squeak by wild card teams from 5 years ago.

jebures
I agree with this comment, maybe not the **** him part, but he really hasnt done anything besides not turn the ball over. When we actually play a good team he will have to step his game up immensely

Popcorn Sutton
Wrong. We were forced to be one dimensional in the red zone cause Orton can't score there, and the Raiders knew it. Sold out on the run.

Funny, the next drive Orton threw a TD in the red zone. He wasn't given a chance in the first drive.

SJ Bronco
He won us three so far.

Games? yes, Playoff games....we'll see!Booya!

Popcorn Sutton
09-27-2009, 04:59 PM
I agree with this comment, maybe not the **** him part, but he really hasnt done anything besides not turn the ball over. When we actually play a good team he will have to step his game up immensely

The game plan was clearly not to throw the ball 40 times and run up the passing yards. It was a ball control, time of possession offense today against a team who is prone to mistakes and turnovers and not likely to score a lot of points. It was a solid game plan. We ran the ball 44 times. I like it.

listopencil

Bull****. He's been making some nice throws since halftime of the Browns game in week 2. He's also been making good decisions. It's like you're not even watching the games.

tsiguy96

hes taking what the defense gives him and not turning the ball over. to say you are NOT impressed with him is ridiculous. i realize you guys are used to chucking the ball downfield to someone in double coverage and it does make great highlight clips, but the best QBs in the game take what is given to them and make the smart throw.

SJ Bronco
Funny, the next drive Orton threw a TD in the red zone. He wasn't given a chance in the first drive.

If they think he can do it, then fine, give him some throws, but McD didn't seem to have a problem letting Brady throw in the RZ, so why is he jamming runningbacks into the heart of a GL pinch D? Either he has no faith in Orton, or he can't call plays in the redzone

chex
09-27-2009, 05:01 PM

The only people who will continually compare Orton to Cutler are the ones still with a sore ass looking to say 'I told you so' when we lose. I think if the chronic complainers would understand that Orton was not brought in here to be Jay Cutler, they'd be enjoying this 3-0 start a bunch more. It seems that after every win so far the first thing out of their mouths is Orton, and how he's not Cutler, we're winning in spite of him, blah, blah, blah.

I will always maintain that people are more hung up on stats than wins. They'll always look to discredit a win by pointing to stats, and who has, or who would put up better numbers. What is Orton now, 25-12 for his career? At what point will people stop looking at boxscores and just focus on the standings? My guess is never, which is surprising because stats are for loser fans of loser franchises, looking for something to brag about. We've been too successful over the years to devolve into that type of nonsense.

SJ Bronco
09-27-2009, 05:02 PM
hes taking what the defense gives him and not turning the ball over. to say you are NOT impressed with him is ridiculous. i realize you guys are used to chucking the ball downfield to someone in double coverage and it does make great highlight clips, but the best QBs in the game take what is given to them and make the smart throw.

We'll see as we play better teams, but It seems to me that we are having a little trouble moving the ball through the air, which means teams will just stack the box. I mean, if he's taking what they give him, then your saying that the raiders D only gave him 140 some odd yards through the air? I think your mistaking not losing with being a winner.

snowspot66
09-27-2009, 05:02 PM

Wrong. We were one dimensional there because we had been pounding them between the 20's. Why stop? Our red zone TD? An Orton pass. Why we didn't do more I don't know.

Popcorn Sutton
09-27-2009, 05:04 PM
If they think he can do it, then fine, give him some throws, but McD didn't seem to have a problem letting Brady throw in the RZ, so why is he jamming runningbacks into the heart of a GL pinch D? Either he has no faith in Orton, or he can't call plays in the redzone

They were at the 1 yard line. Is it wrong for a coach to think they should be able to gain 1 yard against the Raiders at the goal line? Besides your point is moot because he put the ball in Orton's hands on the next drive.

SJ Bronco
09-27-2009, 05:04 PM
The only people who will continually compare Orton to Cutler are the ones still with a sore ass looking to say 'I told you so' when we lose. I think if the chronic complainers would understand that Orton was not brought in here to be Jay Cutler, they'd be enjoying this 3-0 start a bunch more. It seems that after every win so far the first thing out of their mouths is Orton, and how he's not Cutler, we're winning in spite of him, blah, blah, blah.

I will always maintain that people are more hung up on stats than wins. They'll always look to discredit a win by pointing to stats, and who has, or who would put up better numbers. What is Orton now, 25-12 for his career? At what point will people stop looking at boxscores and just focus on the standings? My guess is never, which is surprising because stats are for loser fans of loser franchises, looking for something to brag about. We've been too successful over the years to devolve into that type of nonsense.

See, my problem is i have trouble seeing us beating good teams with this offense. I had the same problem with our D in the stretch last year. We all see teams that can put up points. you can feel them confident in all their parts. I feel like we are holding back on offense. I can't say it's Orton, but then again, McD seems to not want to throw when they stack the box. that scares me. If your Head coach seems afraid to let the QB handle the ball.

broncogary
09-27-2009, 05:05 PM

And Cutler led us to how many playoff wins?

SJ Bronco
09-27-2009, 05:06 PM
They were at the 1 yard line. Is it wrong for a coach to think they should be able to gain 1 yard against the Raiders at the goal line? Besides your point is moot because he put the ball in Orton's hands on the next drive.

once....what about the other 3 times? It feels to Trent Dilfer-ish to me... Hey, I hope I'm wrong, but you can't tell me you feel like Orton is going to win you a superbowl can you?

Popcorn Sutton
See, my problem is i have trouble seeing us beating good teams with this offense. I had the same problem with our D in the stretch last year. We all see teams that can put up points. you can feel them confident in all their parts. I feel like we are holding back on offense. I can't say it's Orton, but then again, McD seems to not want to throw when they stack the box. that scares me. If your Head coach seems afraid to let the QB handle the ball.

It's the exact same offense the Patriots went 11-5 with last year. Don't get me wrong they had a much easier schedule but they still won some games didn't they?

chex
We'll see as we play better teams, but It seems to me that we are having a little trouble moving the ball through the air, which means teams will just stack the box. I mean, if he's taking what they give him, then your saying that the raiders D only gave him 140 some odd yards through the air? I think your mistaking not losing with being a winner.

Well, we've lost to teams like the Lions, who after beating us 44-7, lost 25 of their next 26. I guess the league does count those games you play against the lousy teams afterall.

SJ Bronco
09-27-2009, 05:07 PM
And Cutler led us to how many playoff wins?

Again, your confusing me with someone who thinks cutler is the answer. Just cause I don't like Orton, doesn't mean i want cutler back....

chex
09-27-2009, 05:08 PM
It feels to Trent Dilfer-ish to me...

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2008/writers/don_banks/12/19/one-seeds/trent-dilfer.jpg

broncogary
09-27-2009, 05:09 PM
Again, your confusing me with someone who thinks cutler is the answer. Just cause I don't like Orton, doesn't mean i want cutler back....

I was only responding to your post.

Popcorn Sutton
09-27-2009, 05:09 PM
once....what about the other 3 times? It feels to Trent Dilfer-ish to me... Hey, I hope I'm wrong, but you can't tell me you feel like Orton is going to win you a superbowl can you?

Did ya happen to notice how the game plan differed from Cleveland last week? The plan this week was ball control and play it safe. Why? Because you are playing a Raiders team prone to mistakes and unlikely to light up the scoreboard. I think they did a good job at 36 minutes time of possession. The Raiders have two very good cornerbacks and a young athletic safety in Michael Huff. Why feed into their strengths?

SJ Bronco
09-27-2009, 05:10 PM
It's the exact same offense the Patriots went 11-5 with last year. Don't get me wrong they had a much easier schedule but they still won some games didn't they?

That was my first thought today. i was thinking back to that season when the pats came out of no where to win it all, and I couldn't for the life of me figure out how they were winning games. I'm not saying we won't, I'm just saying, I'm not seeing the greatness that is Orton like others around here. I'll sit back and root for him to win the next 3, then i promise, if this guy beats some good teams, I'll man crush dude.:thumbsup:

Br0nc0Buster
09-27-2009, 05:10 PM
He played pretty well

I hope he can go without the glove next week, but so far he is doing about how I thought he would

Hopefully he keeps getting better

Orton isnt a problem, but what is up with Royal?

He has completely dissappeared

jebures
09-27-2009, 05:11 PM
true statement, if Orton can pull of a win against dallas I will be a full supporter of his and will eat my crow accordingly

That was my first thought today. i was thinking back to that season when the pats came out of no where to win it all, and I couldn't for the life of me figure out how they were winning games. I'm not saying we won't, I'm just saying, I'm not seeing the greatness that is Orton like others around here. I'll sit back and root for him to win the next 3, then i promise, if this guy beats some good teams, I'll man crush dude.:thumbsup:

SJ Bronco
09-27-2009, 05:12 PM
Did ya happen to notice how the game plan differed from Cleveland last week? The plan this week was ball control and play it safe. Why? Because you are playing a Raiders team prone to mistakes and unlikely to light up the scoreboard. I think they did a good job at 36 minutes time of possession. The Raiders have two very good cornerbacks and a young athletic safety in Michael Huff. Why feed into their strengths?

True, but if your playing the raiders with say, peyton manning, do you back off the pass? no. I hear you though, we are winning with what we got. McD seems to be game planning like a mother, but that's not my issue. Now the good news, the raiders were thought to have a fairly good defense too, so improvement could have been disguised behind a game plan..that is true

Popcorn Sutton
09-27-2009, 05:13 PM

Greatness? I think he played a solid game today. He's done a pretty good job thus far not trying to force matters and taking what the defense gives him.

snowspot66
09-27-2009, 05:15 PM

You do realize the QB you just named in comparison did win a Super Bowl right?

SJ Bronco
09-27-2009, 05:16 PM
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2008/writers/don_banks/12/19/one-seeds/trent-dilfer.jpg

LOL again...I was thinking the same thing..... but think back to that ravens team. Great D, great running game....dilfer was just filling the spot next the initials QB... If that is what McD is thinking...then more power to him, but he has the wrong receivers for that in royal and the slot machine...Marshall will work though. Need a better TE too i think. Maybe more play action in the red zone

Popcorn Sutton
09-27-2009, 05:16 PM
True, but if your playing the raiders with say, peyton manning, do you back off the pass? no. I hear you though, we are winning with what we got. McD seems to be game planning like a mother, but that's not my issue. Now the good news, the raiders were thought to have a fairly good defense too, so improvement could have been disguised behind a game plan..that is true

Well, I think you'll probably have to accept that Peyton Manning and Tom Brady will not be the QB in Denver anytime soon. To be honest I don't think that is what this offense is about. Tom Brady was a bonus because they drafted him in the 6th round and he turned out to be a stud. However they didn't draft a horse in the first round because they look for ball control, system type QB's. Hey, Tom Brady is the man, don't get me wrong but he is also a little bit the product of a system.

SJ Bronco
09-27-2009, 05:18 PM
You do realize the QB you just named in comparison did win a Super Bowl right?

Yes, but that was my point in a way. Think back, my point was I don't think he hurts us, but i don't think he helps us either, a lot like Dilfer. Again though, there are a lot of teams that can win without a QB, but not without a defense, so I like that trade off if that was what it was.

SJ Bronco
09-27-2009, 05:22 PM
Well, I think you'll probably have to accept that Peyton Manning and Tom Brady will not be the QB in Denver anytime soon. To be honest I don't think that is what this offense is about. Tom Brady was a bonus because they drafted him in the 6th round and he turned out to be a stud. However they didn't draft a horse in the first round because they look for ball control, system type QB's. Hey, Tom Brady is the man, don't get me wrong but he is also a little bit the product of a system.

Agreed, but if you get an opportunity to get a QB during the off-season (baring Orton getting us deep in the playoffs) wouldn't you. i mean, it seems like the missing piece in a SB caliber team. Kinda like The Qb before Brady there in NE. He was good but couldn't go all the way. True, the lucked into that missing piece, but they got it none the less. We are 3-0 though, no panic, i just don't have confidence in our scoring ability.

SJ Bronco
09-27-2009, 05:24 PM
I fear we've turned this thread...not my intention.....continue celebration!!!

chex
09-27-2009, 05:25 PM
LOL again...I was thinking the same thing..... but think back to that ravens team. Great D, great running game....dilfer was just filling the spot next the initials QB... If that is what McD is thinking...then more power to him, but he has the wrong receivers for that in royal and the slot machine...Marshall will work though. Need a better TE too i think. Maybe more play action in the red zone

Hey, thats ok. Like I said, I only care about wins. No one here thinks Orton is great. I think the people who weren't pissing in Orton's corn flakes were trying to explain that this is what Mcd had in mind. You know, even decent QB's are hard to find. If McD is going to win a Super Bowl, it probably won't be with Orton, but the guy somehow, someway just keeps piling up the wins. Why ask why? I'm not going to argue or question it.

baja
09-27-2009, 05:26 PM
What's the point of pissing on Broncos players? Voice your opinion, whatever, but this **** him crap is ridiculous. Are you 12?

That seems to be the number that most comes up.

Garcia Bronco
09-27-2009, 05:28 PM
Orton is way better than Dilfer.

BMarsh615
09-27-2009, 05:33 PM

Every time we have needed a play on a big 3rd down Orton has given it to us. Orton keeps us in the game and doesn't put our team in bad spots. But when we need a play Orton can and WILL make a tight throw.

spdirty
09-27-2009, 05:39 PM

Well maybe I wouldnt if rumors hadnt been swirling this morning that Knowshon is hurt and might not play so I start Eddie Royal over him, figuring he has to blow up sometime.

Maybe if Royal wouldve caught that ball in the endzone Id have been fine. But a grand total of 0 points from Royal combined with 15 points from Knowshon, who I benched this morning in both of my leagues, makes me say **** Royal and **** the guy who is spose to get the ball to Royal.

Plus its fun to get everyone all plssy over 2 little words.

broncogary
09-27-2009, 05:40 PM
blah blah blah. See what he does when we need a score with less than 2 minutes. ...

I think that's already happened, and he was "immaculate." LOL

TailgateNut
09-27-2009, 05:42 PM
Compare him to any QB that is winning superbowls YES! or are you just happy beating the bengals and the fade? I want to win it all, not squeak by wild card teams from 5 years ago.

The same bengals which beat GB and Pitt?

Broncos4tw
09-27-2009, 05:54 PM
I appreciate our defense at the moment. And our running game. And our offensive line. Until he proves otherwise, I am still just tolerating Orton. We are not winning because of him, we are winning despite him. He plays as safe as you can.

Do you wonder why he plays safe? Because he realizes his limitations and plays within them. A good thing, yes? Yea, it can be. It can also bite you in the ass, when you need a solid play, and he can't get it done. He throws out of bounds because he can't manage a deep throw, or a quick pass? Just great.

errand
09-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Was watching the game sitting next to a couple of Bears fans, our TV's were right next to each other and so we both could see each other's game...

....and they said they were glad we sent them the "savior"...I told them they got a potential franchise QB in Cutler, but he hasn't become that yet...right now he's just a young Kerry Collins.

They responded that he was better than Orton, and I said "I'll take winning games over flashy stats any day"...and they said, "Well he didn't win in chicago"

I asked them if they knew what his W-L record was in chicago...they admitted they didn't know. I said would you believe he was 21-12? That's a 65% win clip. and just at that time Jay threw an INT as Kyle was throwing another TD.

Laugh? I thought i'd die....

SJ Bronco
09-27-2009, 06:04 PM
The same bengals which beat GB and Pitt?

And us, without a miracle....

errand
09-27-2009, 06:07 PM

Well gee, wouldn't that have entailed us trading that other QB you're pining over?

We're 3-0, and if we break even over the next 8 tough games, we'll be at the same juncture (7-4) we were when we benched another QB who wasn't flashy but won games for us.

Hulamau
09-27-2009, 06:10 PM

Bull shiat you are absolutely blind and know ZIPPO about football if you really think that! Orton is doing a damn good job doing just what he is asked to do in this offense.

He doesn't stare down receivers very often, it just looks that way at times operating from the Shot gun. Get a clue.

errand
09-27-2009, 06:11 PM

Well 3-0 is a good start towards making the playoffs, wouldn't you say?

Hulamau
09-27-2009, 06:13 PM

No Orton is just making sp and the other whiner widows look silly so the wins can't have anything to do with his play! :-)

errand
09-27-2009, 06:13 PM

Ok,, now please show us all the posts saying we won despite Cutler...

enjolras
09-27-2009, 06:18 PM

I wrote many posts saying just that.. Of course I was never really high on Cutler to begin with. He always has reminded me too much of Favre.

rastaman
09-27-2009, 06:21 PM
Orton is doing exactly what he was brought here to do, play smart football and not turn the ball over. I don't think there was anyone here thinking this guy was going to lead the league in yards or td's, but right now he's tied for the league lead in wins, and that's all I care about. This is something some of the in-hiding big mouths neglected to understand, but I know, a win isn't really a win unless you can be proud of looking at the boxscore.

Is Orton the long term deal? Is he the type of QB you want leading your franchise? Can Kyle lead Denver to the SB? Does Orton strike fear in teams with 2 min. left and Denver is driving?

Just b/c you don't turn the ball over doesn't exactly say you're a good qb. There are so many other important intangibles to grade a qb. Right now, Orton has a lot of holes and questions about his ability as an NFL starting QB and giving him all the acolades so early in the season maybe fool hardy at this stage.....but I could be wrong. The next 6 weeks will tell a lot about just how good Orton truly is.

chex
09-27-2009, 06:27 PM
Is Orton the long term deal? Is he the type of QB you want leading your franchise? Can Kyle lead Denver to the SB? Does Orton strike fear in teams with 2 min. left and Denver is driving?

Just b/c you don't turn the ball over doesn't exactly say you're a good qb. There are so many other important intangibles to grade a qb. Right now, Orton has a lot of holes and questions about his ability as an NFL starting QB and giving him all the acolades so early in the season maybe fool hardy at this stage.....but I could be wrong. The next 6 weeks will tell a lot about just how good Orton truly is.

See, this is where your own thinking comes back to expose you. No one here is giving Orton "all the acolades" as you say. See, I and many other enlightened folks here know that the team is winning because of all facets. It's you and your Cutler brethren that believe the difference between a team going to the Super Bowl and going 2-14 is Jay Cutler.

rastaman
09-27-2009, 06:32 PM

3-0 is a good start.....however its a 16 game season. Orton can surprise over the next 8 weeks. Sooner or later Orton is going to need to prove that he can perform and win games when the Defense is tired or just having a lousy day. Without the Defensive performance, Orton would be 0-3 as a starter.....lets not kid ourselves.

SJ Bronco
09-27-2009, 06:32 PM

who cares about cutler? Is he a bronco?

colonelbeef
09-27-2009, 06:34 PM
See, this is where your own thinking comes back to expose you. No one here is giving Orton "all the acolades" as you say. See, I and many other enlightened folks here know that the team is winning because of all facets. It's you and your Cutler brethren that believe the difference between a team going to the Super Bowl and going 2-14 is Jay Cutler.

false.

Last years' Broncos win maybe 2 games without Cutler. Instead, they won 8.

Cutler + Nolan and the improved defense of the 2009 Broncos is a Super Bowl contender with the ability to win any game and always a threat to come back and score in a hurry.

Orton + the 2009 Broncos= will look efficient at times, will look totally inept at others. The defense and run game are carrying this team, Kyle Orton and his 13 completions for 157 yards are barely complimentary.

This would be a really interesting team with Cutler.

rastaman
09-27-2009, 06:34 PM

Okay Chex. Keep lowering the bar of expectation when it comes to Orton!

At least we both know Orton isn't the long term answer.

SJ Bronco
09-27-2009, 06:37 PM
Well gee, wouldn't that have entailed us trading that other QB you're pining over?

We're 3-0, and if we break even over the next 8 tough games, we'll be at the same juncture (7-4) we were when we benched another QB who wasn't flashy but won games for us.

Again, your jumping to conclusions....I couldn't care less about cutler

SJ Bronco
09-27-2009, 06:38 PM
Bull shiat you are absolutely blind and know ZIPPO about football if you really think that! Orton is doing a damn good job doing just what he is asked to do in this offense.

He doesn't stare down receivers very often, it just looks that way at times operating from the Shot gun. Get a clue.

Nice discussion technique...and if you knew me, or who I was, you wouldn't say i know "Zippo about football", come back when you wish to have a grown up discussion.

SJ Bronco
09-27-2009, 06:40 PM

That's my outlook. you guys confuse me with some other fans on this board or something. I have my doubts, but i still believe till I have a reason not to.

rastaman
09-27-2009, 06:40 PM

Those non-flashy Qb's tend to wear out their own Defenses over the long haul. Lets just say until proven otherwise, Orton is a Incubator Qtr Back until he proves otherwise.

baja
09-27-2009, 06:43 PM

Hey I got an idea why not just enjoy the games as they come.

Hulamau
09-27-2009, 06:49 PM
Those non-flashy Qb's tend to wear out their own Defenses over the long haul. Lets just say until proven otherwise, Orton is a Incubator Qtr Back until he proves otherwise.

You mean the non flashy QBs like Orton who guide their team's offense to a lopsided time of possession differences with long tiem consuming drives and throw few to no INTs?? Those are the guys that wear out their defense?? Interesting bit of Illogic. ^5

baja
09-27-2009, 06:53 PM
I appreciate our defense at the moment. And our running game. And our offensive line. Until he proves otherwise, I am still just tolerating Orton. We are not winning because of him, we are winning despite him. He plays as safe as you can.

Do you wonder why he plays safe? Because he realizes his limitations and plays within them. A good thing, yes? Yea, it can be. It can also bite you in the ass, when you need a solid play, and he can't get it done. He throws out of bounds because he can't manage a deep throw, or a quick pass? Just great.

No he plays the way he plays because McD tells him to.

and his leash gets longer every week.

This is a great year to be a Broncos fan.

baja
09-27-2009, 06:57 PM
I'd like to point out Orton is getting better by big jumps every week.

rastaman
09-27-2009, 06:58 PM
You mean the non flashy QBs like Orton who guide their team's offense to a lopsided time of possession differences with long tiem consuming drives and throw few to no INTs?? Those are the guys that wear out their defense?? Interesting bit of Illogic. ^5

Ah.....yes, the season is sooooo young. By the way, ya can't have time consuming drives if your throwing passes away and 3rd outs are the norm! Right now the jury is still out whether Orton is playing it safe and thus he throws away passes vs forcing throws or making ill-advised throws, or perhaps Orton just isnt capable to pull the trigger when the team needs him to do so with the game on the line! :sunshine:

tsiguy96
09-27-2009, 06:58 PM
I'd like to point out Orton is getting better by big jumps every week.

ive noticed that too. the playbook seems to open up a bit every time.

wolverine
09-27-2009, 06:59 PM

**** you too you ****ing moron.
Appreciation today goes to the whole Broncos organization. Including Kyle Orton and Josh McDaniels

rastaman
09-27-2009, 07:00 PM
**** you too you ****ing moron.
Appreciation today goes to the whole Broncos organization. Including Kyle Orton and Josh McDaniels

Don't forget to include the Bronco Fans.

SJ Bronco
09-27-2009, 07:03 PM
Hey I got an idea why not just enjoy the games as they come.

I do, but if thats ALL we're doing, why bother having a message board? Sounds boring to me. I'd rather talk about the big picture. Have some goals as a fan, and do what fans do, talk about their team.

Popcorn Sutton
09-27-2009, 07:12 PM
It seems to me that Josh McDaniels is pleased the way Orton has played the last few weeks. With that said, one could surmise that Orton is doing what McDaniels is asking him to do. It's not flashy. If you saw any Patriots games last season, it wasn't flashy there either. I still have high hopes for Orton. He seems to be improving and while the improvements are happening he is limiting his mistakes. I'd like to see more drives like the first drive of the game. It was a beautiful mix of run and pass (minus the 4 runs in a row at the goal line).

Hulamau
09-27-2009, 07:13 PM
false.

Last years' Broncos win maybe 2 games without Cutler. Instead, they won 8.

Cutler + Nolan and the improved defense of the 2009 Broncos is a Super Bowl contender with the ability to win any game and always a threat to come back and score in a hurry.

Orton + the 2009 Broncos= will look efficient at times, will look totally inept at others. The defense and run game are carrying this team, Kyle Orton and his 13 completions for 157 yards are barely complimentary.

This would be a really interesting team with Cutler.

Its a really interesting team without Cutler as well Rasta .... though I'm sure you've about run out by now of your stash of 'Cutler in a Bronco Jersy' fold-out photos for those forlorn late night pining sessions under the sheets? :peace:

Gee, this team would be super with Elway under center as well! Or Tom Brady or maybe Payton or any number of guys who will never play a game here as well.

Cutlers a decent QB and has some real skill. He also is going to have a real challenge this year as teams start stacking the box more since the Bears run game is so weak. The Steelers don't look like the Steelers without Troy and still they had that game with Chicago locked up until their kicker muffed two gimme FGs in a row.

And Seattle was missing four key starters on D and the Bears still couldn't run against them, but it made Jay's passing job a hell of a lot easier today. Plus, Hasslebeck was out or this would likely have been another loss for Chicago.

Nevertheless, Cutler did his part the last two weeks, and Kudos to him, but he's going to have to carry the entire load all year with the Bears and good luck with that! :)

I could care less about Cutler. He had every chance to QB this team and do something special and he pissed it all away.

I'm all for the guy who gladly and willingly accepted the challenge and is making the most of it!

errand
09-27-2009, 07:15 PM
LOL again...I was thinking the same thing..... but think back to that ravens team. Great D, great running game....dilfer was just filling the spot next the initials QB...

Who cares how the Ravens won it...they won it. There are no * next to their title just because they won mostly with defense and strong running game.

Just win the freaking game.....

No1BroncoFan
09-27-2009, 07:17 PM
I don't understand how so many people can wind up with sand in their crotch when their favorite team is 3-0.

Anyone else notice that McD is the first Bronco HC to win his first three games since Red Miller.

errand
09-27-2009, 07:18 PM
Plus its fun to get everyone all plssy over 2 little words.

...well, **** you! Gee, you're right, that WAS fun!

Popcorn Sutton
09-27-2009, 07:23 PM
...well, **** you! Gee, you're right, that WAS fun!

^

Hamrob
09-27-2009, 07:33 PM
Again, Orton may not be the long-term answer, but we're 3-0. He's clearly doing things right. He's making good decision after good decision. Amazing the difference it makes when you're QB is operating under that mindset.

Props to Kyle! Keep it up, buddy.Come on. Wake up. We're all glad to be 3-0...make no mistake. But, Kyle Orton sucks.

Eventually, we're going to have to throw the ball to compete in games and this guy is weak.

We got extremely lucky against the Bungles and we've beaten the Browns at home and the Fade on the road.

Look, eventually you have to have a QB who can pull a game or two out. That's not orton.

Sure, he's not thrown any picks. He's helped us to 3-0. Can he help us to 8-0?

baja
09-27-2009, 07:35 PM
I do, but if thats ALL we're doing, why bother having a message board? Sounds boring to me. I'd rather talk about the big picture. Have some goals as a fan, and do what fans do, talk about their team.

OK

16 and 0 until we lose. ;D

Hamrob
09-27-2009, 07:37 PM
I don't understand how so many people can wind up with sand in their crotch when their favorite team is 3-0.

Anyone else notice that McD is the first Bronco HC to win his first three games since Red Miller.

Cincy on luck
Cleveland at home
The Fade on the road

That's great...but any knowledgable fan understands that our season will be made over the next 10 games.

I have us winning 10 games and 3 of those were the three we just won. That means we'll need to go 7-6 the rest of the way to make it to 10 wins. I don't see us doing any better with Orton at QB. And, I don't see us making a splash in the playoffs with his dead weight either.

Just being realistic.

Popcorn Sutton
09-27-2009, 07:38 PM
Come on. Wake up. We're all glad to be 3-0...make no mistake. But, Kyle Orton sucks.

Eventually, we're going to have to throw the ball to compete in games and this guy is weak.

We got extremely lucky against the Bungles and we've beaten the Browns at home and the Fade on the road.

Look, eventually you have to have a QB who can pull a game or two out. That's not orton.

Sure, he's not thrown any picks. He's helped us to 3-0. Can he help us to 8-0?

So he's either 8-0 or he sucks? Is there any middle ground?

baja
09-27-2009, 07:39 PM
It seems to me that Josh McDaniels is pleased the way Orton has played the last few weeks. With that said, one could surmise that Orton is doing what McDaniels is asking him to do. It's not flashy. If you saw any Patriots games last season, it wasn't flashy there either. I still have high hopes for Orton. He seems to be improving and while the improvements are happening he is limiting his mistakes. I'd like to see more drives like the first drive of the game. It was a beautiful mix of run and pass <b> (minus the 4 runs in a row at the goal line).

I love what Josh was saying with those 4 calls - He's saying the Broncos are a physical smash mouth football team and we are going to line up and beat you.

Really unfortunate they held but I loved the calls.

Hamrob
09-27-2009, 07:41 PM
So he's either 8-0 or he sucks? Is there any middle ground?Look, Orton will not lose games. We will have to win with the running game and our defense.

My point isn't that Orton sucks...but that he can't win us any games. Our running game and defense are good...but I don't think their great either.

We'll see soon, but after this season, we'll all be hoping for a QB who can help us win games...in additon to not losing games.

Popcorn Sutton
09-27-2009, 07:43 PM
Look, Orton will not lose games. We will have to win with the running game and our defense.

My point isn't that Orton sucks...but that he can't win us any games. Our running game and defense are good...but I don't think their great either.

We'll see soon, but after this season, we'll all be hoping for a QB who can help us win games...in additon to not losing games.

It's been said for many years that you win games by running the ball and good defense. Nothing new here.

baja
09-27-2009, 07:45 PM
Cincy on luck
Cleveland at home
The Fade on the road

That's great...but any knowledgable fan understands that our season will be made over the next 10 games.

I have us winning 10 games and 3 of those were the three we just won. That means we'll need to go 7-6 the rest of the way to make it to 10 wins. I don't see us doing any better with Orton at QB. And, I don't see us making a splash in the playoffs with his dead weight either.

Just being realistic.

I think you would feel better if you consider the improvement by Orton from week to week. He's made great strides.

tsiguy96
09-27-2009, 07:47 PM
its kinda nice throwing for 150-250 yds a game and having a lot of rushing and winning games, as opposed to throwing for 400 yards and not doing ****.

colonelbeef
09-27-2009, 07:54 PM
its kinda nice throwing for 150-250 yds a game and having a lot of rushing and winning games, as opposed to throwing for 400 yards and not doing ****.

throwing for 400 yards does not preclude you from winning.

A crap defense does.

strafen
09-27-2009, 07:57 PM
The bottom line is, up to this point Orton has been irrelevant, until he throws an INT...
He needs to be managed the way McD has so far, and don't try to turn him loose
Keep that sucker on a short leash! ROFL!

Rock Chalk
09-27-2009, 07:58 PM

We would have dropped close to 50 today if not for red zone running woes. Nothing to do with Orton.

And your assertion that he is dumping it off for 5 yards is also retarded since most of the crossing routes were between 8 and 15 yard routes. The game plan was to stay away from the strength of the Oakland D which is their secondary and find the mismatches on the LBs which are generally crossing routes nad Orton absolutely nailed that.

The 24 yard pass to Brandon, while not a huge long bomb, was a fantastic pass into some good coverage with great zip on it. Not Cutler zip, but he certainly isn't the noodle arm most of these doomsaying idiots were talking about.

And that TD pass to Brandon was a god damn bullet. Jay Cutler couldn't have thrown that pass any faster than Orton did.

He OVERTHREW Royal on one bomb. But hey, he is a noodle arm and we are winnign despite him.

You ****ing people are unreal.

Meck77
09-27-2009, 08:02 PM
Yes Ben.

SJ Bronco
09-27-2009, 08:02 PM
We would have dropped close to 50 today if not for red zone running woes. Nothing to do with Orton.

And your assertion that he is dumping it off for 5 yards is also retarded since most of the crossing routes were between 8 and 15 yard routes. The game plan was to stay away from the strength of the Oakland D which is their secondary and find the mismatches on the LBs which are generally crossing routes nad Orton absolutely nailed that.

The 24 yard pass to Brandon, while not a huge long bomb, was a fantastic pass into some good coverage with great zip on it. Not Cutler zip, but he certainly isn't the noodle arm most of these doomsaying idiots were talking about.

And that TD pass to Brandon was a god damn bullet. Jay Cutler couldn't have thrown that pass any faster than Orton did.

He OVERTHREW Royal on one bomb. But hey, he is a noodle arm and we are winnign despite him.

I refuse to keep bringing up cutler...he has no bearing on this conversation.

SJ Bronco
09-27-2009, 08:03 PM
Who cares how the Ravens won it...they won it. There are no * next to their title just because they won mostly with defense and strong running game.

Just win the freaking game.....

That's.......what i said.....am I missing something?

SJ Bronco
09-27-2009, 08:05 PM
The bottom line is, up to this point Orton has been irrelevant, until he throws an INT...
He needs to be managed the way McD has so far, and don't try to turn him loose
Keep that sucker on a short leash! ROFL!

That seems like the game plan. Which is fine, it's the 85 bears, or the 2000 ravens, seems to work, just isn't real fancy.

orangemonkey
09-27-2009, 08:07 PM
Its a really interesting team without Cutler as well Rasta .... though I'm sure you've about run out by now of your stash of 'Cutler in a Bronco Jersy' fold-out photos for those forlorn late night pining sessions under the sheets? :peace:

Gee, this team would be super with Elway under center as well! Or Tom Brady or maybe Payton or any number of guys who will never play a game here as well.

Cutlers a decent QB and has some real skill. He also is going to have a real challenge this year as teams start stacking the box more since the Bears run game is so weak. The Steelers don't look like the Steelers without Troy and still they had that game with Chicago locked up until their kicker muffed two gimme FGs in a row.

And Seattle was missing four key starters on D and the Bears still couldn't run against them, but it made Jay's passing job a hell of a lot easier today. Plus, Hasslebeck was out or this would likely have been another loss for Chicago.

Nevertheless, Cutler did his part the last two weeks, and Kudos to him, but he's going to have to carry the entire load all year with the Bears and good luck with that! :)

I could care less about Cutler. He had every chance to QB this team and do something special and he pissed it all away.

I'm all for the guy who gladly and willingly accepted the challenge and is making the most of it!

Bottom line: This team has beat every expectation I've had for them, BUT, our quarterback sucks. Game manager, systems quarterback, he is not. Mistake free - Frick yeah he is only because he can't throw more than 15 yards consistently. I'm worried when our team faces a real fight and he's forced to carry the Broncs on his shoulder. Don't get me wrong, I love his attitude and his fight, but he plain sucks.

Inkana7
09-27-2009, 08:10 PM
No, he doesn't suck. Jesus Christ.

Hulamau
09-27-2009, 08:11 PM

I know you'd think we lost by 20 and Orton threw 4 picks or something with some of these guys :-)!

I sweat we could go 19-0 winning the Super Bowl this year with Orton winning unanimous MVP honors of both the NFL and the Super Bowl game and still a few of the die-hard 'Demented Lamenters' like Corporal Complainer and Rasta "My Spliff is on Fire' will be pining away for what might have been and how much sweeter it would have been if only Cutler had been QB. :-) :kiss:

baja
09-27-2009, 08:12 PM
we would have dropped close to 50 today if not for red zone running woes. Nothing to do with orton.

And your assertion that he is dumping it off for 5 yards is also retarded since most of the crossing routes were between 8 and 15 yard routes. The game plan was to stay away from the strength of the oakland d which is their secondary and find the mismatches on the lbs which are generally crossing routes nad orton absolutely nailed that.

The 24 yard pass to brandon, while not a huge long bomb, was a fantastic pass into some good coverage with great zip on it. Not cutler zip, but he certainly isn't the noodle arm most of these doomsaying idiots were talking about.

And that td pass to brandon was a god damn bullet. Jay cutler couldn't have thrown that pass any faster than orton did.

He overthrew royal on one bomb. But hey, he is a noodle arm and we are winnign despite him.

rep.

Rock Chalk
09-27-2009, 08:12 PM
Bottom line: This team has beat every expectation I've had for them, BUT, our quarterback sucks. Game manager, systems quarterback, he is not. Mistake free - Frick yeah he is only because he can't throw more than 15 yards consistently. I'm worried when our team faces a real fight and he's forced to carry the Broncs on his shoulder. Don't get me wrong, I love his attitude and his fight, but he plain sucks.

This is just a stupid post completely.

But hey, feel free to carry on.

snowspot66
09-27-2009, 08:17 PM
To everybody saying he sucks. How about you ****ing back it up with some analysis or something. ****in' eh. WHY do you think he sucks?

I've seen nothing but improvement from the first snap. He's not making mistakes. It's a myth he can't throw past 15 yards even when he's been playing with a glove on his hand and a torn up knuckle.

WHY do you claim he sucks?

Some said he's a lead foot. He's not scrambling like Cutler did but he's avoided plenty of sacks and stood firm under pressure. So far predictions of massively inflated sack numbers have proven to be premature if not completely wrong.

So how does he suck? Somebody back it up with some thought here.

He's going to have a few bad games every year. You can't win them all. So portents of doom and inevitable failure in one game or another don't count as evidence.

jhat01
09-27-2009, 08:18 PM

Bottom Line: Retarded post.

SJ Bronco
09-27-2009, 08:18 PM
I know you'd think we lost by 20 and Orton threw 4 picks or something with some of these guys :-)!

I sweat we could go 19-0 winning the Super Bowl this year with Orton winning unanimous MVP honors of both the NFL and the Super Bowl game and still a few of the die-hard 'Demented Lamenters' like Corporal Complainer and Rasta "My Spliff is on Fire' will be pining away for what might have been and how much sweeter it would have been if only Cutler had been QB. :-) :kiss:

If we go 19-0 and win a superbowl with Orton as Qb (after I'm done paying off the devil) I'll burn my Elway gear and replace it with Kyle Orton bobble heads and a big fat head wall sticker for my living room in which to kiss every day on my way to work. Dude. We're Bronco fans. Not eagles fans. You win for us and it's ON like donkey kong!!! heck, I'm not greedy, go 17-2 if you like...hell, beat Dallas and B-more and the games in between and I may slap my own mama if Orton tells me too. On the other side people, I think it's part of being a good fan to level legit criticism against your team, as long as your cheering on sunday.

Popcorn Sutton
09-27-2009, 08:24 PM

Where is the middle ground?

A 91.2 rating through 3 games is definitely not suck. It's not fantastic either. Geesh.

What a terrible post. Bravo!

Hogan11
09-27-2009, 08:28 PM
Orton wins......everything else just doesn't matter.

SJ Bronco
To everybody saying he sucks. How about you ****ing back it up with some analysis or something. ****in' eh. WHY do you think he sucks?

I've seen nothing but improvement from the first snap. He's not making mistakes. It's a myth he can't throw past 15 yards even when he's been playing with a glove on his hand and a torn up knuckle.

WHY do you claim he sucks?

Some said he's a lead foot. He's not scrambling like Cutler did but he's avoided plenty of sacks and stood firm under pressure. So far predictions of massively inflated sack numbers have proven to be premature if not completely wrong.

So how does he suck? Somebody back it up with some thought here.

Wow, who said he was a statue. I thought he looked good in the pocket. I will say this, he can't read a D very well, and he lacks confidence in himself. He won't pull the trigger on a pass play in anticipation of an open receiver while reading the Defense. He can only react and throw to a wide open guy. Which we all know is too late. I can't comment on his arm cause neither the bears or the Broncos thus far have asked him to carve up a zone D at will. Until he's asked, he doesn't have to do as far as I'm concerned. His good points. like I said, pocket presence, intelligence, and calm demeanor. Not to mention a good guy and a team player. What i want to see, i want to see him come from behind to get a go ahead score. That would prove to me that he has what it takes. I'm impressed with his ability to control the game, but he's so scared to make a mistake, that he doesn't make plays either. i think that's the real knock. 1-2-3-4-5 throw. Timing patterns. I think people are looking to deep into the criticism, it's simply uncertainty in the change. We've been a flashy offensive team since the early 80's. Even in the 90's when we were a running team, we hucked a few to easy ed for big plays. Give us some time to see what type of team we are now. Maybe Orton is the guy...maybe not

Popcorn Sutton
If we go 19-0 and win a superbowl with Orton as Qb (after I'm done paying off the devil) I'll burn my Elway gear and replace it with Kyle Orton bobble heads and a big fat head wall sticker for my living room in which to kiss every day on my way to work. Dude. We're Bronco fans. Not eagles fans. You win for us and it's ON like donkey kong!!! heck, I'm not greedy, go 17-2 if you like...hell, beat Dallas and B-more and the games in between and I may slap my own mama if Orton tells me too. On the other side people, I think it's part of being a good fan to level legit criticism against your team, as long as your cheering on sunday.

Criticism is fine. You've said nothing over the top and you've debated and found middle ground on some things. It's the idiots that can say nothing other than our QB sucks, period. No reason behind it, no stats, no analysis, he just sucks.

All I can say is those types of posters suck.... ROFL!

Hulamau

Some free advice, instead of losing sleep over it, why not wait until such a scenario arises and see whether or not he and the team can rise to the occasion before twisting your knickers into a knot???

I love these astute analysis like: "Orton sucks cause he cant throw the ball more than 5 yards" ... Real neanderthal takes. Orton won quite a few games in Chicago and at Purdue under less than ideal circumstances.

He is also doing just what McD has asked him to do. Yes he's made a few mistakes, and some of the WR have been out of position at times, but his modest completion percentage is All about throwing the ball away or in the dirt when to try and squeeze it in would risk an INT, and not taking chances in these games when we aren't force to.

LEt s see how he performs when he has to open it up some before you assume he is incapable. Hes' proved most of you guys wrong so far, at some point you guys might learn to hold your water until you have more valid real world examples to wring your hands over.

I hear the ice bergs are melting a hell of a lot faster than predicted, go worry about that if you need to worry some.

orangemonkey
09-27-2009, 08:29 PM
What do you base that on? Interceptions? If you only throw the ball 15 yards, it's very hard for a defense to pick it off. Is it mistakes? Again, I refer back to my previous statement. Is it looking a receiver off, reading a defense or maybe even putting the ball where only the receiver can catch it (NO, THE SIDELINES DON'T COUNT). How about accuracy? He doesn't look receivers off and he doesn't throw the ball downfield, because his arm is weaker than mine and i can only throw about 50 yards. Look at the passes - most are off target..... I guess it comes down to your definition of sucks... So tell me, who "sucks" in the nfl?

SJ Bronco
09-27-2009, 08:30 PM
Orton wins......everything else just doesn't matter.

So what happens if he loses? Hell, even Bob's son won a few games. I don't want to be in a position that when we drop a few , we are calling for his head either. It's a bad precedent. Winning matters, which is why people are worried. Will we keep winning? That's what the doubters want to know.

Hogan11
09-27-2009, 08:32 PM
So what happens if he loses? Hell, even Bob's son won a few games. I don't want to be in a position that when we drop a few , we are calling for his head either. It's a bad precedent. Winning matters, which is why people are worried. Will we keep winning? That's what the doubters want to know.

Check his winning percentage, I seriously doubt it ever gets to that point.

SJ Bronco
09-27-2009, 08:34 PM
Criticism is fine. You've said nothing over the top and you've debated and found middle ground on some things. It's the idiots that can say nothing other than our QB sucks, period. No reason behind it, no stats, no analysis, he just sucks.

All I can say is those types of posters suck.... ROFL!

The problem is, i see both sides of this. I can see why people are concerned, but I'm not sure why people are so bent on talking about Cutler either. 3-0 looks good, and i'm damned happy about it, and i certainly feel better about the bet I made with some charger fans, but I still have a few doubts here and there.

SJ Bronco
09-27-2009, 08:35 PM
Check his winning percentage, I seriously doubt it ever gets to that point.

This season or overall? What was his record in Chicago?

Dagmar
09-27-2009, 08:36 PM
Seriously Rock Chalk. Your posts continue my faith in Broncos fans.

Rock Chalk = http://i32.tinypic.com/256gzme.jpg

baja
09-27-2009, 08:37 PM
Wow, who said he was a statue. I thought he looked good in the pocket. I will say this, he can't read a D very well, and he lacks confidence in himself. He won't pull the trigger on a pass play in anticipation of an open receiver while reading the Defense. He can only react and throw to a wide open guy. Which we all know is too late. I can't comment on his arm cause neither the bears or the Broncos thus far have asked him to carve up a zone D at will. Until he's asked, he doesn't have to do as far as I'm concerned. His good points. like I said, pocket presence, intelligence, and calm demeanor. Not to mention a good guy and a team player. What i want to see, i want to see him come from behind to get a go ahead score. That would prove to me that he has what it takes. I'm impressed with his ability to control the game, but he's so scared to make a mistake, that he doesn't make plays either. i think that's the real knock. 1-2-3-4-5 throw. Timing patterns. I think people are looking to deep into the criticism, it's simply uncertainty in the change. We've been a flashy offensive team since the early 80's. Even in the 90's when we were a running team, we hucked a few to easy ed for big plays. Give us some time to see what type of team we are now. Maybe Orton is the guy...maybe not

To me it looks like McD is pulling back on the reigns on Orton, I think that is what you are seeing on the field. Josh is bringing Kyle along slow but sure. I look for a Kyle Orton to have a break-out game next week. As a matter of a fact I'm gonna start a thread.

Popcorn Sutton
09-27-2009, 08:37 PM
What do you base that on? Interceptions? If you only throw the ball 15 yards, it's very hard for a defense to pick it off. Is it mistakes? Again, I refer back to my previous statement. Is it looking a receiver off, reading a defense or maybe even putting the ball where only the receiver can catch it (NO, THE SIDELINES DON'T COUNT). How about accuracy? He doesn't look receivers off and he doesn't throw the ball downfield, because his arm is weaker than mine and i can only throw about 50 yards. Look at the passes - most are off target..... I guess it comes down to your definition of sucks... So tell me, who "sucks" in the nfl?

Do yourself a favor and go to You Tube and type in Kyle Orton highlights. For Christ Sake, how long are people going to say he can't throw the ball more than 15 yards?

The game plan today was not to throw the ball down field!!! He threw the ball down field last week. Different day, different team and different game plan.

He does not suck. It doesn't mean he's the next coming of Tom Brady but get over yourself.

Here I'll save you a click. Wow, notice all those passes he throws DOWN FIELD?

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EE2CxDWm1sc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EE2CxDWm1sc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

SJ Bronco
09-27-2009, 08:38 PM
To me it looks like McD is pulling back on the reigns on Orton, I think that is what you are seeing on the field. Josh is bringing Kyle along slow but sure. I look for a Kyle Orton to have a break-out game next week. As a matter of a fact I'm gonna start a thread.

That's what I'm hoping for. Nothing major, just let him hit a few timing routs under the zone, maybe take a few shots deep off some play action...

Inkana7
09-27-2009, 08:39 PM
Kyle Orton only knows how to do 3 things: pound whiskey, sword skanks, and win ****ing football games!

Popcorn Sutton
09-27-2009, 08:41 PM

21-11 in Chicago.

orangemonkey
09-27-2009, 08:42 PM
It's like this..... It comes down to fundamentals. Orton doesn't have good ones, period. There is no chance Orton's Bronco's will do much this year. It hurts me to say it, but if you analyze the QB position, you'll get it.....

SJ Bronco
09-27-2009, 08:43 PM
Do yourself a favor and go to You Tube and type in Kyle Orton highlights. For Christ Sake, how long are people going to say he can't throw the ball more than 15 yards?

The game plan today was not to throw the ball down field!!! He threw the ball down field last week. Different day, different team and different game plan.

He does not suck. It doesn't mean he's the next coming of Tom Brady but get over yourself.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EE2CxDWm1sc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EE2CxDWm1sc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

The thing that sticks out to me. He lets go of the ball with confidence. I'd love to see that guy next sunday...

Popcorn Sutton
09-27-2009, 08:47 PM
The problem is, i see both sides of this. I can see why people are concerned, but I'm not sure why people are so bent on talking about Cutler either. 3-0 looks good, and i'm damned happy about it, and i certainly feel better about the bet I made with some charger fans, but I still have a few doubts here and there.

Like I said, being concerned is one thing but the ignorant he sucks over and over and over is BS. He has a 91.7 QB rating through 3 games. He has a 24-11 career record in the NFL. Going back to last season has he 21 TD's for 12 INT's and a rating in the mid 80s.

He is still learning a system. He is playing tentatively but showing each week a bit more confidence and comfort. The first drive today was the most comfortable I've seen him to this point. People are enamored with the big arm QB and unless you've got a rocket arm they say you have a noodle arm. I've heard many times Orton isn't looking off our receivers and my comment back is always hey, well then we are in the same boat we've been in for the last 5-6 years.

He doesn't suck and he isn't lighting it up. He is playing within the system and doing what his coach asks of him.

Popcorn Sutton
09-27-2009, 08:48 PM
The thing that sticks out to me. He lets go of the ball with confidence. I'd love to see that guy next sunday...

I agree. I've said soooo many times that he still lacks confidence in himself in this system. But, each week he is getting more confidence and showing improvement.

orangemonkey
09-27-2009, 08:48 PM

and how dare you send a red zone video. are are you that stupid?

SJ Bronco
09-27-2009, 08:49 PM
Like I said, being concerned is one thing but the ignorant he sucks over and over and over is BS. He has a 91-7 QB rating through 3 games. He has a 24-11 career record in the NFL. Going back to last season has he 21 TD's for 12 INT's and a rating in the mid 80s.

He is still learning a system. He is playing tentatively but showing each week a bit more confidence and comfort. The first drive today was the most comfortable I've seen him to this point. People are enamored with the big arm QB and unless you've got a rocket arm they say you have a noodle arm. I've heard many times Orton isn't looking off our receivers and my comment back is always hey, well then we are in the same boat we've been in for the last 5-6 years.

He doesn't suck and he isn't lighting it up. He is playing within the system and doing what his coach asks of him.

Someone brought up a good point on another thread. McD, seeing his schedule, might have just had Orton on a bit of a leash, looking to make it longer each week till SD. (who looks mighty horrible)

Popcorn Sutton
09-27-2009, 08:49 PM
and how dare you send a red zone video. are are you that stupid?

WTF are you talking about?

Retire #30!!!
09-27-2009, 08:55 PM

You are high if you think you have a stronger arm than an NFL QB. Your dumbass comment got me motivated to post for the 4th or 5th time.

Do me a favor a post a YouTube video of yourself throwing we could all use a good laugh. You never know with our "5 yard passing system" you might have a chance at starting next season

orangemonkey
09-27-2009, 08:59 PM
WTF are you talking about?

i was being fecetious. your orton greatest hits video made giddy in a "frick these guys have never played a sport" kind of way. Let's wait until we play a defense and I'll be back here to listen to you fat punks.

Popcorn Sutton
09-27-2009, 09:00 PM
It's like this..... It comes down to fundamentals. Orton doesn't have good ones, period. There is no chance Orton's Bronco's will do much this year. It hurts me to say it, but if you analyze the QB position, you'll get it.....

I'm afraid that I trust what Josh McDaniels thinks about a QB much more than I do you. I hope this doesn't offend you. :spit:

Popcorn Sutton
09-27-2009, 09:01 PM
i was being fecetious. your orton greatest hits video made giddy in a "frick these guys have never played a sport" kind of way. Let's wait until we play a defense and I'll be back here to listen to you fat punks.

Classy.

Dagmar
purplemonkeydishwasher

orangemonkey
You are high if you think you have a stronger arm than an NFL QB. Your dumbass comment got me motivated to post for the 4th or 5th time.

Do me a favor a post a YouTube video of yourself throwing we could all use a good laugh. You never know with our "5 yard passing system" you might have a chance at starting next season

dude read my posts, I've never bragged about it. sit down fool. And I do have a video and I will post it. sit down again fat ass.

Inkana7
09-27-2009, 09:03 PM
Really? Fat insults? Man, he's douchin' it up old school!

orangemonkey
09-27-2009, 09:03 PM
Classy.
Sorry didn't know we were at the Harvard Club. I'll get back to proper etiquette.

DivineLegion
09-27-2009, 09:04 PM
dude read my posts, I've never bragged about it. sit down fool. And I do have a video and I will post it. sit down again fat ass.

50 yards?

I don't mean to get in your Internet scrum but...

Lets see it man...I made a bet like this once with a kid I played football with, he threw the ball 20 yards.

SouthCarolinaBronco
09-27-2009, 09:05 PM
So what if Orton isn't much of a downfield passing threat? Plenty of teams have won championships without a QB who had a Jeff George arm. And plenty of teams with QBs who had Jeff George arms didn't win championships, for example, every team that ever started Jeff George.

I'm not worried about Orton at all. I want a QB who will play within the system and play mistake-free football. That's exactly what he has done so far and he cannot be faulted for that. So what if he isn't John Elway. After all, the John Elway who won two Super Bowls had less of an arm than the John Elway who lost three.

jutang
09-27-2009, 09:05 PM
Orton has done a serviceable job. He has been a great game manager and never forces anything. I'm still worried that he'll never be able to carry the offense when the run game is shut down. We'll definitely find out over the next 5 games, b/c there are going be times when he needs to step up. He just seems like a Kerry Collins to me... come playoff time his weaknesses will become magnified.

Hulamau
09-27-2009, 09:06 PM

21-12 in Chicago, not bad considering what he had to work with on Offense.

orangemonkey
09-27-2009, 09:08 PM
I'm afraid that I trust what Josh McDaniels thinks about a QB much more than I do you. I hope this doesn't offend you. :spit:
Never. I don't get offended on a forum. In fact, McD has blown my expectations away with his philosophy, execution and success. BUT his choice of QB was an epic failure. This isn't a Cutler v Orton argument. We basically have one of the worst QBs in the league. Bottom 2. As a real Broncos fan, I'm elated where we're at given our QB situation. Better QB and we would make a major dent in the playoff race.

orangemonkey
09-27-2009, 09:10 PM
Orton has done a serviceable job. He has been a great game manager and never forces anything. I'm still worried that he'll never be able to carry the offense when the run game is shut down. We'll definitely find out over the next 5 games, b/c there are going be times when he needs to step up. He just seems like a Kerry Collins to me... come playoff time his weaknesses will become magnified.

haha. basically a super polite way of saying the same stuff I'm saying . Good for you. I'm an azzhole by nature though.

baja
09-27-2009, 09:12 PM

You guys always pick the best names for yourselves. Amazing really.

orangemonkey
09-27-2009, 09:13 PM
50 yards?

I don't mean to get in your Internet scrum but...

Lets see it man...I made a bet like this once with a kid I played football with, he threw the ball 20 yards.
dude i played qb d1, not good enough for the show, but drop it. I'm sending the OP a video. go back to your dvr

SouthCarolinaBronco
09-27-2009, 09:14 PM
We basically have one of the worst QBs in the league. Bottom 2.

Dude, really? How many quarterbacks in NFL history have won 2/3rds of their starts?

Hulamau
09-27-2009, 09:15 PM

Precisely, the whole offense is a work in progress with the emphasis on PROGRESS each week.

Some of these guys simply have no idea what they are looking at on the field. Guess they've been playing too much Madden 2010?! If its not a whizz bang 70 yard bomb it doesn't count.

And that joker that thinks Orton cant throw the ball more than 15 yards and that HIS arm is better than Ortons ... HA!... now here's a real Einstein!:)

Hulamau
09-27-2009, 09:17 PM
haha. basically a super polite way of saying the same stuff I'm saying .Good for you. I'm an azzhole by nature though.

Could have fooled me! :giggle:

BlaK-Argentina
09-27-2009, 09:17 PM
There are some funny posts in this thread. I think my cat is smarter than some of you, and I'm not even kidding.

SouthCarolinaBronco
09-27-2009, 09:18 PM
Some of these guys simply have no idea what they are looking at on the field. Guess they've been playing too much Madden 2010?! If its not a whizz bang 70 yard bomb it doesn't count.

Amen. When your defense is suffocating the other side AND your running packages are netting lots of yards, you should nearly always stick to short, high-percentage passing plays anyway. Why risk an interception--maybe a pick-six--that could change the flow of the game.

Conservative play-calling in the passing game is perfectly acceptable when there is a good defense on the field and the running game is firing on all cylinders. I don't remember Jim McMahon throwing 70 yard TDs left and right in the 1985 Bears team, and there was a very good reason for that.

TailgateNut
09-27-2009, 09:19 PM
throwing for 400 yards does not preclude you from winning.

A crap defense does.

Throwing 400 yds p game with a turnover for every 100 yds will preclude you form winning and will wear out your defense. :thanku:

orangemonkey
09-27-2009, 09:22 PM
Dude, really? How many quarterbacks in NFL history have won 2/3rds of their starts?
dude this isn't a 3-0 argument, don't make it one. you will lose.

DivineLegion
09-27-2009, 09:24 PM
No interceptions, and undefeated as a Bronco.

SouthCarolinaBronco
09-27-2009, 09:25 PM
dude this isn't a 3-0 argument, don't make it one. you will lose.

How about a 24-12 argument? Because that's Kyle Orton's QB win-loss record in the NFL.

Inkana7
09-27-2009, 09:27 PM
Kyle Orton only knows how to do 3 things: pound whiskey, sword skanks, and win ****ing football games!

Rock Chalk
09-27-2009, 09:30 PM
Im not fat.

For the record.

lex
09-27-2009, 09:31 PM
Orton seems like he is getting more comofortable back there. He is seeming to have a better feel for how much time he has and who to look for.

baja
09-27-2009, 09:50 PM
Orton seems like he is getting more comofortable back there. He is seeming to have a better feel for how much time he has and who to look for.

He looks so much more comfortable back there I am really surprised it has not been commented about all that much.

yerner
09-27-2009, 09:51 PM
I still think he blows. He is a good game manager though. I think Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer sucked too and they won superbowls. No one can ever convince me different. I guess its all relative and I hope he can follow in their footsteps.

Rock Chalk
09-27-2009, 09:53 PM
I still think he blows. He is a good game manager though. I think Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer sucked too and they won superbowls. No one can ever convince me different. I guess its all relative and I hope he can follow in their footsteps.

Who gives a **** what you think.

lex
09-27-2009, 09:56 PM
He looks so much more comfortable back there I am really surprised it has not been commented about all that much.

That falls back on the OLine. At times it seems like Orton has all day and also theyve been getting it done in the running game. The offensive line is a big reason I expect(ed) to win 10 games this year.

Clady frustrating Seymour was a classic moment.

BroncoLifer
09-27-2009, 10:01 PM
Don't forget that he's played these 3 games with that frickin' glove on his hand, which makes his production thus far more impressive.

Prediction: We'll see more downfield throws once the glove is off.

Los Broncos
09-27-2009, 10:04 PM
That falls back on the OLine. At times it seems like Orton has all day and also theyve been getting it done in the running game. The offensive line is a big reason I expect(ed) to win 10 games this year.

Clady frustrating Seymour was a classic moment.

It was sweet, it feels good.

SouthCarolinaBronco
09-27-2009, 10:04 PM

Was Dan Marino a better quarterback than Terry Bradshaw? Clearly. And yet Bradshaw has four rings and Marino has none. And at the same time, Terry Bradshaw is viewed as one of the all-time greats, and rightfully so!

Football is a team sport, and Kyle Orton is doing exactly what is being asked of him right now. He is throwing high percentage passes, avoiding turnovers, guiding the offense on long drives to keep the defense from getting worn out, and winning football games. I just don't know what else you can ask the guy to do.

baja
09-27-2009, 10:07 PM
Was Dan Marino a better quarterback than Terry Bradshaw? Clearly. And yet Bradshaw has four rings and Marino has none. And at the same time, Terry Bradshaw is viewed as one of the all-time greats, and rightfully so!

Football is a team sport, and Kyle Orton is doing exactly what is being asked of him right now. He is throwing high percentage passes, avoiding turnovers, guiding the offense on long drives to keep the defense from getting worn out, and winning football games. I just don't know what else you can ask the guy to do.

Nice post.

BroncoMan4ever
09-27-2009, 10:18 PM

Props to Kyle! Keep it up, buddy.

i'd be surprised if we ddn't extend him for at least 3 years after this season

Orton will be the man in Denver for the next few seasons at least.

Popps
09-27-2009, 10:24 PM

Again, a few QBs in league history can "carry a team on their shoulder." This is a tired, overdone, bull**** notion that's likely a byproduct of Denver actually HAVING one of those few QBs.

Right now, there are MAYBE 2 QBs that can "carry" a team to a win. The rest are guys who are smart, talented QBs who are part of a winning system. (i.e. Big Ben, Rivers, Collins, etc.)

Broncos fans need to get over this fairy-tale that we need some daddy-figure QB to save us at every turn. We spent the past three years trying to have a schmuck do that exact thing... and despite his "gunslinger" mentality, he couldn't carry ****.

We're winning games and establishing a real franchise in Denver again. You guys who want video game football should just play video games.

Popps
09-27-2009, 10:27 PM
i'd be surprised if we ddn't extend him for at least 3 years after this season

Orton will be the man in Denver for the next few seasons at least.

Could be. There's a lot of football to play, though. I like what I see. I think McDaniels has a great eye for talent, and there's a reason he wanted Orton for his system.

I loved seeing him firing the ball into the stands when there was nothing there. Think about how that helped us preserve the win today. McDaniels has him on the right page. He's moving this offense very efficiently.

I love it. I hope the guy continues to improve. Will be interesting to see if losing the glove helps, too.

He looked more comfortable today. I also saw a few play-action throws, which I think is going to help his cause.

Good stuff all around.

BroncoMan4ever
09-27-2009, 10:46 PM
Could be. There's a lot of football to play, though. I like what I see. I think McDaniels has a great eye for talent, and there's a reason he wanted Orton for his system.

I loved seeing him firing the ball into the stands when there was nothing there. Think about how that helped us preserve the win today. McDaniels has him on the right page. He's moving this offense very efficiently.

I love it. I hope the guy continues to improve. Will be interesting to see if losing the glove helps, too.

He looked more comfortable today. I also saw a few play-action throws, which I think is going to help his cause.

Good stuff all around.

i am glad the play action is being integrated into the scheme a little more. and Orton looks more and more comfortable each week, he is playing smart, i love him chucking the ball at feet or into the sidelines when nothing is available. keeps drives going, doesn't put the defense into bad situations, and gives us another opportunity to make something out of a drive. live to fight another play or another series.

and i truly believe once the glove is off and the hand is 100% again that he is going to be even better for us.

another reason i believe Orton is going to be the man for us for the next few years at least, isn't just that i believe he is performing great and is getting better each week, but McDaniels basically hand picked the guy. there were other trade offers for Cutler, but he made sure he got Orton. he saw something in Orton he liked as his QB, and worked very close with him to get him set up as the leader of his offense. i can't see McDaniels starting over and doing that with someone new next season.

Popps
09-27-2009, 10:58 PM
Im not fat.

For the record.

Hilarious!

I have no idea what the context is for this post, so it's hilarious.

Popps
09-27-2009, 11:00 PM
... i can't see McDaniels starting over and doing that with someone new next season.

I agree, though I have to admit... Brandstater looks to have some pretty good physical skills and a good demeanor. I'd expect to see him at the #2 spot next year.

I like Kyle... I really do. I think we can win with him, and win important games. He's got to settle into this offense a bit further, but I like where he is right now.

baja
09-27-2009, 11:26 PM
i am glad the play action is being integrated into the scheme a little more. and Orton looks more and more comfortable each week, he is playing smart, i love him chucking the ball at feet or into the sidelines when nothing is available. keeps drives going, doesn't put the defense into bad situations, and gives us another opportunity to make something out of a drive. live to fight another play or another series.

and i truly believe once the glove is off and the hand is 100% again that he is going to be even better for us.

another reason i believe Orton is going to be the man for us for the next few years at least, isn't just that i believe he is performing great and is getting better each week, but McDaniels basically hand picked the guy. there were other trade offers for Cutler, but he made sure he got Orton. he saw something in Orton he liked as his QB, and worked very close with him to get him set up as the leader of his offense. i can't see McDaniels starting over and doing that with someone new next season.

good stuff

BroncoMan4ever
09-28-2009, 01:23 AM
I agree, though I have to admit... Brandstater looks to have some pretty good physical skills and a good demeanor. I'd expect to see him at the #2 spot next year.

I like Kyle... I really do. I think we can win with him, and win important games. He's got to settle into this offense a bit further, but I like where he is right now.

i agree about Brandstater, but i see him more as a guy we stash on the roster for the next few years at least and have as an emergency Matt Cassel type if a scenario pops up where he is needed. he has talent, and could very well develop into a solid pro, but i think he was brought in more to be backup to our starter and a project guy for McDaniels to work with and possibly turn into a starter. i don't think there is much in the way of expectations with him right now, but down the line there may be.

elsid13
09-28-2009, 03:01 AM
Orton is ok and that it. He has limitation (lack of mobility seen on goal line stand by Oakland, throwing behind his WRs (three times today), and lack of arm as seen by his crappy throw to Hillis on goal line) and so far the line and scheme have covered up for them, but the next couple of weeks are going to be critical for the team. Will the line continue to stand up and give Orton a clean pocket as we face teams with above average defenses? What happens when DC have enough game tape on the offense to start to scheme away our advantages? If Denver can not get positive answer to both those questions there will be a lot more bench Orton threads, then praising ones.

SouthStndJunkie
09-28-2009, 03:09 AM
Orton can play some boring mistake free football and still almost make mistakes. He will win games when the run game is going....but when it comes time (and there comes a time) when the QB has to pick up the team and carry them on his shoulders to victory, I have no faith in Orton to do that.

He is limited in what he can do. He is a Yeoman. He will win some games for you, but **** the bed on the big stage when he has to carry a team.

I have seen it before and recognize that trait in a QB.

I see him as a one year stop gap QB....and I think McDaniels will probably see it the same way. If we drafted a QB high in next year's draft, I could see McDaniels possibly starting Orton a second year while we groom his replacement.

That said....I would have no problem keeping Orton on the team as a valuable backup QB down the line. Good guy and looks to be a good leader.

I give him credit for minimizing the mistakes, but sooner or later Orton will have to carry the team, and that is when his limitations will be exposed.

I have been impressed with our team so far, but think that QB is a position that needs to upgraded in the next year or two.

rastaman
09-28-2009, 03:54 AM
Again, a few QBs in league history can "carry a team on their shoulder." This is a tired, overdone, bull**** notion that's likely a byproduct of Denver actually HAVING one of those few QBs.

Right now, there are MAYBE 2 QBs that can "carry" a team to a win. The rest are guys who are smart, talented QBs who are part of a winning system. (i.e. Big Ben, Rivers, Collins, etc.)

Broncos fans need to get over this fairy-tale that we need some daddy-figure QB to save us at every turn. We spent the past three years trying to have a schmuck do that exact thing... and despite his "gunslinger" mentality, he couldn't carry ****.

We're winning games and establishing a real franchise in Denver again. You guys who want video game football should just play video games.

Popps Orton is not a Franchise QB. He is not the face of this team. Kyle is merely a journeyman QB and right now he's playing to garner a contract extension nothing more and nothing less. As the season goes on, he's limited skills and glaring weaknesses will be exposed!

Mark Sancheze, Ryan, Flacco all show more poise and skill in the pocket and neither of these QB have ROCKET ARMS! These Qb's show a lot more promise and up side than Orton currently shows.

You can best believe McDaniels will sell his soul to try and find Qb's of the talent level of Sanchez, Ryan, and Flacco. Should Denver have a QB of the claiber of the aforementioned......Then and only then can I be convinced the Broncos are on their way to returning to the elite teams in the NFL.

If McDaniels sticks with Orton as his starting QB over the next 3 years, McD will be coaching for another team.

errand
09-28-2009, 05:07 AM
Cincy on luck
Cleveland at home
The Fade on the road

Just being realistic.

If Kyle helps us win 10 games this year he would have done something only 3 other Bronco QB's have done.

errand
09-28-2009, 05:16 AM
So what happens if he loses? .

I dunno, you tell us, after all you guys are saying he sucks after a WIN. God only knows what you clowns will post after a LOSS.

errand
09-28-2009, 05:19 AM

His record with Chicago was 21-12. A 63.6% winning pct.

His record in Denver is 3-0. A 100.0% winning pct.

His overall record is 24-12. A 66.7% winning pct.

errand
09-28-2009, 05:28 AM

I bet you'd have won state if coach woulda put you in the 4th qtr....

orange(spanks his)monkey = Uncle Rico

broncogary
09-28-2009, 05:32 AM
There are some funny posts in this thread. I think my cat is smarter than some of you, and I'm not even kidding.

Yeah, but is your cat smarter than Beezer? Ha!

colonelbeef
09-28-2009, 06:28 AM
Orton can play some boring mistake free football and still almost make mistakes. He will win games when the run game is going....but when it comes time (and there comes a time) when the QB has to pick up the team and carry them on his shoulders to victory, I have no faith in Orton to do that.

He is limited in what he can do. He is a Yeoman. He will win some games for you, but **** the bed on the big stage when he has to carry a team.

I see him as a one year stop gap QB....and I think McDaniels will probably see it the same way. If we drafted a QB high in next year's draft, I could see McDaniels possibly starting Orton a second year while we groom his replacement.

That said....I would have no problem keeping Orton on the team as a valuable backup QB down the line. Good guy and looks to be a good leader.

I give him credit for minimizing the mistakes, but sooner or later Orton will have to carry the team, and that is when his limitations will be exposed.

I have been impressed with our team so far, but think that QB is a position that needs to upgraded in the next year or two.

Exactly correct.

The Giants will kick the **** out of Orton, they have the pass rush to really expose his immobility and slow delivery.

TailgateNut
09-28-2009, 07:27 AM
. He is not the face of this team. Kyle is merely a journeyman QB and right now he's playing to garner a contract extension nothing more and nothing less. .

Hey dumbass, right now he IS the face behind center, but we have instilled a TEAM concept which I and many other believe doesn't require ONE MEGA STAR PLAYER, but rather relies on 100% dedication by all 53 players. I ****ing like that. I think that's what generates wins, and the last time I checked, WINS count and pro-bowl visits don't do squat.

...and regarding your "contract extension" comment. I think Orton is "merely" trying to win games for his team. MERELY:wiggle:

Drek
09-28-2009, 08:00 AM

I don't think you get the point to what McDaniels is trying to build here.

No one should ever have to carry the team. Dumervil shouldn't. Moreno shouldn't. Marshall shouldn't. Orton shouldn't.

Everyone just needs to do their jobs. On defense guys just doing their damn jobs and not playing outside those roles is what has produced the results we've seen through three weeks. On offense it is what powers our running game. Orton's job is to not make mistakes and distribute the football, if at any point we ask more than that of him the team has failed, not Orton.

However, the scope of work we ask of him will increase as we go through the season. Matt Cassel spent three years on the bench in NE before he got to start last season, he still didn't find a consistent stride until week 10, his 8th game as a starter. For the rest of the second half he only had one bad game (against Pittsburgh). Orton is well ahead of the curve in many respects and is only going to get better as the year goes on.

The critiques of Orton are a lot like the critiques Chargers fans used to explain replacing Brees with Rivers. Brees went on to find a system and team that ideally fit his talents, and now he might just be the best QB in the NFL. Its too early to judge Orton either way, but so far its looking like he's no the total POS starting QB that some on here spent all off-season trying to spin him as.

TailgateNut
09-28-2009, 08:03 AM

No one should ever have to carry the team. Dumervil shouldn't. Moreno shouldn't. Marshall shouldn't. Orton shouldn't.

Everyone just needs to do their jobs. On defense guys just doing their damn jobs and not playing outside those roles is what has produced the results we've seen through three weeks. On offense it is what powers our running game. Orton's job is to not make mistakes and distribute the football, if at any point we ask more than that of him the team has failed, not Orton.

However, the scope of work we ask of him will increase as we go through the season. Matt Cassel spent three years on the bench in NE before he got to start last season, he still didn't find a consistent stride until week 10, his 8th game as a starter. For the rest of the second half he only had one bad game (against Pittsburgh). Orton is well ahead of the curve in many respects and is only going to get better as the year goes on.

The critiques of Orton are a lot like the critiques Chargers fans used to explain replacing Brees with Rivers. Brees went on to find a system and team that ideally fit his talents, and now he might just be the best QB in the NFL. Its too early to judge Orton either way, but so far its looking like he's no the total POS starting QB that some on here spent all off-season trying to spin him as.

Therein lies the key. A well oiled machine relies on all parts to run efficiently.

rastaman
09-28-2009, 08:14 AM
Hey dumbass, right now he IS the face behind center, but we have instilled a TEAM concept which I and many other believe doesn't require ONE MEGA STAR PLAYER, but rather relies on 100% dedication by all 53 players. I ****ing like that. I think that's what generates wins, and the last time I checked, WINS count and pro-bowl visits don't do squat.

...and regarding your "contract extension" comment. I think Orton is "merely" trying to win games for his team. MERELY:wiggle:

Okay Simpleton.....whatever you say! You can't have it both ways but appologist like you will sure try. The QB position is the glamour position and therefore the Qb gets all the blame and all the glory; they are the Mega Star Player and as a result the QB leads the team and makes everyone better. Kyle has yet to show he can put a team on his back and lead the way when the time really counts.

Mr. Elway
09-28-2009, 08:23 AM
While I don't disagree that Orton is a game manager and not a superstar QB, I also don't think he will **** the bed like Plummer did. He might fall short, but I don't think he will fall apart.

Also there is no evidence Cutler is capable of carrying his team in a big pressure game, and there is some evidence of bed****ting on his part.

SouthStndJunkie
09-28-2009, 08:27 AM

I get the point.

Let me ask you this....will Orton become the equivalent of Tom Brady in our offense?

Tom Brady has had to carry New England on his back and lead them down the field to victory late in games under McDaniels many times. That is why he is Tom Brady. The game plan does not always work out how you think it will and sometimes you need to call on the QB to throw the ball 12 straight times and make some plays outside of simply 'distributing' the ball.

Like it or not, there are times when the QB, the leader and general on the field, has to carry the team....no matter the offense or the coach.

SouthStndJunkie
09-28-2009, 08:30 AM
I get a kick out of you guys that take any critique of the team or a player as Bronco bashing.

Nobody has been rooting harder for the Broncos this year than I have.

I am simply offering up my opinion that Kyle Orton is not long-term solution at QB for this team. Time will obviously tell.

spdirty
09-28-2009, 08:31 AM
Also there is no evidence Cutler is capable of carrying his team in a big pressure game, and there is some evidence of bed****ting on his part.

Its his 4th year. There was literally 1 game I would count as him ****ting the bed and that was the pick against Buffalo last year, in a game where he carried the team to an almost win. Thats without counting his rookie year, which shouldnt count. Time will tell if Cutler is a choker or not. But I dont think folks are stupid to give him that label just yet. Its like giving Manning that label when he was 0-2 in playoff games. Or Elway when he was 0-3 in Super Bowls.

spdirty
09-28-2009, 08:32 AM
I get a kick out of you guys that take any critique of the team or a player as Bronco bashing.

Nobody has been rooting harder for the Broncos this year than I have.

I am simply offering up my opinion that Kyle Orton is not long-term solution at QB for this team. Time will obviously tell.

Dont worry about it, critisism of a certain player just means you arent as good a fan as some others are.

TailgateNut
09-28-2009, 08:33 AM
Okay Simpleton.....whatever you say! You can't have it both ways but appologist like you will sure try. The QB position is the glamour position and therefore the Qb gets all the blame and all the glory; they are the Mega Star Player and as a result the QB leads the team and makes everyone better. Kyle has yet to show he can put a team on his back and lead the way when the time really counts.
When will you finally STFU and get over youyr JayLove thing? Who do we have to beat for you to STFU and just go sit in the corner and smoke your bong?:wiggle:

Rigs11
09-28-2009, 08:52 AM
how many ints do you think cutler would have thrown yesterday if he was our QB?

Irish Stout
09-28-2009, 08:56 AM
dude i played qb d1, not good enough for the show, but drop it. I'm sending the OP a video. go back to your dvr

I'm waiting for that video.

Steve Sewell
09-28-2009, 09:04 AM
Most of the Broncos success over the years has been due to John Elway. You can't sugarcoat it, that's the reality.

I know that people worship Mike Shanahan, but the reality is that he didn't do jack squat without Elway at the helm. The subliminal effect of this is that many Bronco fans believe that they need a "franchise QB" to be successful.

It is nice to see that we are moving to an approach that doesn't rely so much on one player, but more on the team's ability to execute a game plan based off of the opponent we're facing.

I see people criticizing Orton's performance when the gameplan was obviously to control the clock, run down Oakland's defense (which is obviously the strength of their team). It's just assinine. Get used to a team that is going to gameplan to take away the opponent's strengths.

Popcorn Sutton
09-28-2009, 09:06 AM
Dont worry about it, critisism of a certain player just means you arent as good a fan as some others are.

What you do is not criticism so don't pat yourself on the back.

snowspot66
09-28-2009, 09:08 AM
Its his 4th year. There was literally 1 game I would count as him ****ting the bed and that was the pick against Buffalo last year, in a game where he carried the team to an almost win. Thats without counting his rookie year, which shouldnt count. Time will tell if Cutler is a choker or not. But I dont think folks are stupid to give him that label just yet. Its like giving Manning that label when he was 0-2 in playoff games. Or Elway when he was 0-3 in Super Bowls.

One time? I can name multiple times last year alone. At KC, Oakland at home, Jacksonville, Buffalo. He played horrible in those games. All games we should have dominated.

We should have gone to the playoffs every year with Cutler. Our division wasn't that good. But we always managed to let somebody else slide in the backdoor. That is the epitome of ****ting the bed.

Steve Sewell
09-28-2009, 09:36 AM
Popps Orton is not a Franchise QB. He is not the face of this team. Kyle is merely a journeyman QB and right now he's playing to garner a contract extension nothing more and nothing less. As the season goes on, he's limited skills and glaring weaknesses will be exposed!

Mark Sancheze, Ryan, Flacco all show more poise and skill in the pocket and neither of these QB have ROCKET ARMS! These Qb's show a lot more promise and up side than Orton currently shows.

You can best believe McDaniels will sell his soul to try and find Qb's of the talent level of Sanchez, Ryan, and Flacco. Should Denver have a QB of the claiber of the aforementioned......Then and only then can I be convinced the Broncos are on their way to returning to the elite teams in the NFL.

If McDaniels sticks with Orton as his starting QB over the next 3 years, McD will be coaching for another team.

Shows how valid your opinion is. Flacco and Ryan have big, big arms. I don't know about Sanchez, though.

Also, NE has won quite a few Super Bowls with a QB who has very limited mobility and an average arm...just sayin'. His physical skill set appears to be very similar to Orton's. I'm not saying that Orton is Tom Brady, I'm saying that your QB doesn't have to have all the physical talent in the world to be successful in this system.

Irish Stout
09-28-2009, 09:46 AM
<TABLE class=statics style="MARGIN: 0px"><TBODY><TR class=statsheader><TD colSpan=5>Kyle Orton
2009 STATS
</TD><TD class=fan width=208 colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR class="statsheader center"><TD>YDS</TD><TD>CMP%</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>INT</TD><TD>RAT</TD><TD class="fan nr"></TD><TD class="fan nr"></TD></TR><TR class="stats center "><TD>663</TD><TD>55.7</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>91.2
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Tom Brady
<TABLE class=statics style="MARGIN: 0px"><TBODY><TR class=statsheader><TD colSpan=5>2009 STATS</TD><TD class=fan width=208 colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR class="statsheader center"><TD>YDS</TD><TD>CMP%</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>INT</TD><TD>RAT</TD><TD class="fan nr"></TD><TD class="fan nr"></TD></TR><TR class="stats center "><TD>871</TD><TD>61.3</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>79.9
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Peyton Manning
<TABLE class=statics style="MARGIN: 0px"><TBODY><TR class=statsheader><TD colSpan=5>2009 STATS</TD><TD class=fan width=208 colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR class="statsheader center"><TD>YDS</TD><TD>CMP%</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>INT</TD><TD>RAT</TD><TD class="fan nr"></TD><TD class="fan nr"></TD></TR><TR class="stats center "><TD>983</TD><TD>68.8</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>117.7</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Joe Flacco
<TABLE class=statics style="MARGIN: 0px"><TBODY><TR class=statsheader><TD colSpan=5>2009 STATS</TD><TD class=fan width=208 colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR class="statsheader center"><TD>YDS</TD><TD>CMP%</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>INT</TD><TD>RAT</TD><TD class="fan nr"></TD><TD class="fan nr"></TD></TR><TR class="stats center "><TD>839</TD><TD>65.4</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>101.4</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The TDs aren't there, but neither are the INTs. Orton isn't the best in the NFL, but he's far from the worst.

lazarus4444
09-28-2009, 09:47 AM
Wow, i never thought this thread would grow so large so quick when i saw it posted last night. I appreciate Kyle Orton. Can't wait to see him throwing like in the video too but understand why it's taking time.

All I have got to say is right now it's looking like we ****ing raped the bears in that trade :bronxrox:

colonelbeef
09-28-2009, 09:52 AM
Wow, i never thought this thread would grow so large so quick when i saw it posted last night. I appreciate Kyle Orton. Can't wait to see him throwing like in the video too but understand why it's taking time.

All I have got to say is right now it's looking like we ****ing raped the bears in that trade :bronxrox:

Raped the Bears? You think the bears would give back Cutler right now?

haha. yikes

TailgateNut
09-28-2009, 09:56 AM
Raped the Bears? You think the bears would give back Cutler right now?

haha. yikes

I hope not. Aside from a few lovers, WE don't want the likes of him anywhere near our team. He can keep his selfish/ flawless attitude in Chicago.

cartel
09-28-2009, 09:57 AM
i actually think Orton will be the qb in Denver for atleast 3 yrs. mcdaniels watched every snap he's taken and hand picked him to be the one. mcdaniels has a plan and we will see a mediocre qb in the bears system transform to a pretty good one in broncos system. patience is the key here people. it's his first year but by the end of 2nd he should really be producing and putting up numbers. he's smart and his arm is just as good as brady's. all he needs is experience. we will not be drafting a qb anytime soon because brandstater will groomed for the future. go orton!

BlaK-Argentina
09-28-2009, 09:58 AM
I hope not. Aside from a few lovers, WE don't want the likes of him anywhere near our team. He can keep his selfish/ flawless attitude in Chicago.

Couldn't agree more. There was no place for that guy on this team and McD knew it.

Mr. Elway
09-28-2009, 10:15 AM

I completely agree, and I am not labeling him one way or another. I don't want the Bears to make the playoffs because of the draft pick situation but if they do I will be interested to see how Cutler handles it. I don't like the way he handled his Denver departure, but I am not hung up on it either and I won't let that affect my opinion of how well he performs from here.

I would add that the first game of this year brought a lot of national attention and pressure as well. I still think that smart defensive players know how to exploit his temper and get under his skin. With that said, he is playing great football right now and certainly looks the part in the highlight reels.

But back to the topic: Orton is also looking extremely good, albeit in a different way. I was reading some of the scouting reports this morning from 2005 and since, and I think that some of the "common knowledge" about Orton, such as having a weak arm, does not jive with what many pro scouts have reported (most criticize his deep-ball, but note average-to-above arm strength). Here is the MHR article from April, which is pro-Denver but well-researched:

http://www.milehighreport.com/2009/4/19/840423/tales-who-is-kyle-orton

A lot of the actual scouting reads on Orton have been very positive and also indicate he has put in a lot of work on mechanics. He may not have reached his ceiling yet. Also I did not realize his benching in Purdue was due to a hip injury. In short I think there are plenty of reasons to wait and see with Kyle as well.

gyldenlove
09-28-2009, 10:26 AM
i actually think Orton will be the qb in Denver for atleast 3 yrs. mcdaniels watched every snap he's taken and hand picked him to be the one. mcdaniels has a plan and we will see a mediocre qb in the bears system transform to a pretty good one in broncos system. patience is the key here people. it's his first year but by the end of 2nd he should really be producing and putting up numbers. he's smart and his arm is just as good as brady's. all he needs is experience. we will not be drafting a qb anytime soon because brandstater will groomed for the future. go orton!

AFTER he tried to handpick Matt Cassel who is not exactly making people forget about Brodie Croyle....

Lets keep it real, at least until we make the playoffs.

BlaK-Argentina
09-28-2009, 10:32 AM
AFTER he tried to handpick Matt Cassel who is not exactly making people forget about Brodie Croyle....

Matt Cassel with McD and the Broncos O is not the Matt Cassel of the Chefs.

gyldenlove
09-28-2009, 10:41 AM
Matt Cassel with McD and the Broncos O is not the Matt Cassel of the Chefs.

If you can't keep Brodie Croyle on the bench no system is going to make you look like a superstar, that is a fact.

BlaK-Argentina
09-28-2009, 11:02 AM
If you can't keep Brodie Croyle on the bench no system is going to make you look like a superstar, that is a fact.

We're talking about the CHIEFS here, remember that. Cassel looked good last year and he would look even better in Denver, IMO.

TailgateNut
09-28-2009, 11:05 AM

trying to compare the Chefs to the Broncos.:spit: PULEEZE! Did you watch that game yesterday?

lazarus4444
09-28-2009, 11:28 AM
The two bear wins were given to them by the opposing field goal kickers. Otherwise they'd be 0-3. Cutler turned it over twice yesterday and was lucky to win. In fact, he had nothing to do with the win. The Bears won despite jay cutler.

TailgateNut
09-28-2009, 11:29 AM
. The bears won despite jay cutler.

^5

55CrushEm
09-28-2009, 11:39 AM

No.....I'm not anti-Orton.....but I have to say this is where QB's get far too much credit for wins, and too much blame for losses.

I'm thrilled we're winning. But it's not because Orton is doing great things in the passing game.....it's because he's NOT doing bad things.....but that's "good" too.

We're winning more b/c of defense and running.....NOT because Orton is a tremendous passer. Because of the defense and running game.....HE HASN'T HAD TO PLAY GREAT YET.

I only hope he can play big, when we're down by 14 in the 4th quarter....i.e when HE has to win the game with his arm.

rastaman
09-28-2009, 11:47 AM
We're talking about the CHIEFS here, remember that. Cassel looked good last year and he would look even better in Denver, IMO.

I agree, had McD been able to pull off the deal to trade Cutler for Cassel, our offense would run and execute a lot smoother and efficient b/c Cassel would be able to pull the trigger and release the ball at the precise moment required unlike what we see from Orton right now.

Orton takes care of the ball doesn't make foolish throws....but there's a fine line between overly cautious with the ball and being to release the ball at the precise time required to complete passes. Orton is having a problem releasing the ball on time, so he'll hold the ball or throw it away. Problem is, when will this method of play come back and haunt Orton.

rastaman
09-28-2009, 11:51 AM
The two bear wins were given to them by the opposing field goal kickers. Otherwise they'd be 0-3. Cutler turned it over twice yesterday and was lucky to win. In fact, he had nothing to do with the win. The Bears won despite jay cutler.

Would the Bears have won their last two games with Orton as their QB? If you ask the Bears player who would they have rather have behind center btwn Cutler and Orton......who would they have chosen?

Broncomutt
09-28-2009, 11:53 AM
I appreciate Orton!!

rastaman
09-28-2009, 12:11 PM
When will you finally STFU and get over youyr JayLove thing? Who do we have to beat for you to STFU and just go sit in the corner and smoke your bong?:wiggle:

Why don't you STFU! You narrow minded-monolithic cult following fanatical Bronco fan! Boy do you have much to learn what it means to be a true mature and realistic Bronco fan. You have much to learn JACK AZZ. :pimp:

cartel
09-28-2009, 12:28 PM
some of you aren't seeing things right. he needs to be cautious with the ball because he is still learning the system. he doesn't have the green light to wing it yet from mcdaniels. it's not that hard to understand, it's only three games into the season but you want him to make all the correct reads? i'm so glad mcdaniels has some foresight because some of you would have yanked him already.

BroncoMan4ever
09-28-2009, 12:34 PM

damn right. that is what the Patriots are built on. one guy gets a big head or wants more money and they trade him out and his backup comes in and performs at the same or better level. they find guys with similar attributes and teach them the assignments they are supposed to take care of. they aren't asked to do more than they are capable of, just their own jobs and rely on the other 10 guys on the field with them to handle their jobs.

nothing is based on 1 guy with that franchise, even last season showed the QB is replaceable and the team will still be competitive.

BroncoMan4ever
09-28-2009, 12:40 PM

how many years does Cutler get before all the bad things said about him are true and not just young mistakes?

i mean by year 4, Big Ben had a super bowl win and another on the way, by year 4 Peyton had established himself as best in the league, by year 2 Ryan is farther into his development than Jay at year 4, by year 4 Brady had rings.

every time criticism is tossed at Jay someone has to bring up it is only his 4th season. so when does his length of time in the NFL not matter anymore and the criticism just is true?

TailgateNut
09-28-2009, 12:41 PM
Why don't you STFU! You narrow minded-monolithic cult following fanatical Bronco fan! Boy do you have much to learn what it means to be a true mature and realistic Bronco fan. You have much to learn JACK AZZ. :pimp:

:spit:

Didn't have enough to inhale today, I see. Chill out dillwad.

BroncoMan4ever
09-28-2009, 12:46 PM

Matt Cassel playing in KC behind their line without any real weapons, and in a completely different system than the NE and now Denver system is completely different than what he would have looked like in Denver with protection and our arsenal or aerial weapons and our running game.

BroncoMan4ever
09-28-2009, 12:50 PM
No.....I'm not anti-Orton.....but I have to say this is where QB's get far too much credit for wins, and too much blame for losses.

I'm thrilled we're winning. But it's not because Orton is doing great things in the passing game.....it's because he's NOT doing bad things.....but that's "good" too.

We're winning more b/c of defense and running.....NOT because Orton is a tremendous passer. Because of the defense and running game.....HE HASN'T HAD TO PLAY GREAT YET.

I only hope he can play big, when we're down by 14 in the 4th quarter....i.e when HE has to win the game with his arm.

actually Orton is a big part of the wins. he is passing efficiently for the team, and not making stupid mistakes with the ball that costs the team games.
do you think if he had Cutler's stats of 6 TDs-5 INTs that we would be 3-0 right now? he might now be lighting up the scoreboards....YET, but he is doing his job well and is getting better every week.