PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Orton Appreciation Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

Irish Stout
09-28-2009, 12:55 PM
I appreciate Orton!!

Thanks Mutt! This is exactly what this thread was about. I was hoping to quell the anti-Orton rants, but apparently I only planted the seeds for more.

Kyle Orton is not John Elway. Kyle Orton is not the best QB in the league. Kyle Orton has not been asked to carry this team in a come from behind victory (unless you count the immaculate deflection).

Kyle Orton has NOT thrown one INT. Kyle Orton has NOT blamed his receivers when he has left yards and points on the field. Kyle Orton has NOT lost us a game. Kyle Orton has NOT made any super bone headed throws. Kyle Orton has NOT pouted on the sidelines, demanded to throw more than he should, nor asked to be anywhere other than Denver.

Kyle Orton IS a good QB, with the right attitude and aptitude for this team and this system.

I'm just glad I haven't heard people calling for Simms this week. Simms is not as good as Orton.

For what we have, Orton makes it work, and I appreciate that.

Smiling Assassin27
09-28-2009, 01:18 PM
http://www.rivalfish.com/rivalroom/uploaded_images/Kyle-Orton-726748.jpg

I appreciate that the man can swill a fifth of JD and not spill a drop of his girlfriend's Crown and Coke...oh, and that he doesn't have a tattoo of Kyle Shanahan on his arse.

Drek
09-28-2009, 01:33 PM
I get the point.

Let me ask you this....will Orton become the equivalent of Tom Brady in our offense?

Tom Brady has had to carry New England on his back and lead them down the field to victory late in games under McDaniels many times. That is why he is Tom Brady. The game plan does not always work out how you think it will and sometimes you need to call on the QB to throw the ball 12 straight times and make some plays outside of simply 'distributing' the ball.

Like it or not, there are times when the QB, the leader and general on the field, has to carry the team....no matter the offense or the coach.

How does Tom Brady make plays?

Does he throw rockets through double coverage for near impossible completions?

No.

Does he take off and run 30+ yards into the end zone when the coverage is too tight and his blocking breaks down?

No, not that either.

He stands in the pocket, makes the right adjustments to avoid pressure, and distributes the ball to his receivers where 1. the opposition can't make a play on it and 2. his receivers can do something with it.

You know who else did that? Joe Montana. John Elway in '97 and '98. The vast majority of championship winning QBs in fact fall into that category.

Being an elite QB has nothing to do with some god given talent to make something out of nothing. That is what the other skill positions ask of the elites. For a QB its just never leaving anything on the field. Brett Favre is arguably the greatest making something out of nothing QB in the history of the NFL. He's got one ring to his credit. Tom Brady most definitely isn't. He's got three. Joe Montana definitely wasn't. He's got four. Terry Bradshaw? Definitely not, again, four rings.

Why did those guys win so much when Favre is so much better at making the big jaw dropping play? Because when those guys where doing their jobs the big play wasn't throwing a 50 yard bomb into a double covered receiver's hands like Favre did last weekend. It was just repeating the same things they had been doing all season long. Hit your receiver where only he can catch it, where he can make something happen with it, and then just watch.

SouthStndJunkie
09-28-2009, 02:53 PM
Please Drek....do me a favor and never mention Kyle Orton in the same breath with Tom Brady, Joe Montana, John Elway, and Terry Bradshaw until he wins a playoff game.

I never once said a QB had to make incredible plays with a rocket arm to carry a team on his back. I never said he had to make 30 yard runs.

A QB can take his team and lead them to victory on his back in many ways. You hope you don't need him to do it very often, but it happens. It does not mean he has to make jaw dropping plays....he just has to be clutch when it counts late in the game.

listopencil
09-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Every time we have needed a play on a big 3rd down Orton has given it to us. Orton keeps us in the game and doesn't put our team in bad spots. But when we need a play Orton can and WILL make a tight throw.

People seem to be missing this. When it's first or second down he always makes the safe throw. When asked to throw on third down he does gamble a bit more and has been making some nice, tight throws to convert.

rastaman
09-28-2009, 03:09 PM
:spit:

Didn't have enough to inhale today, I see. Chill out dillwad.

Figures Nim Rod....you throw the first salvo of insults and when someone smacks you the mouth---suddenly you want to chill out! What a moron.:wiggle:

broncswin
09-28-2009, 03:14 PM
not to rain on the parade, cause 3-0 rules no matter who is playing QB, BUT, isn't this a little like saying, I won at the special olympics, despite having a bad knee? I mean, it seems more like we are winning DESPITE orton.

are you serious with this shiat, the guy doesn't have a turnover yet...we are 3-0...he's had something to do with this

broncswin
09-28-2009, 03:15 PM
I don't understand this. It's one thing to say the appreciation should go to other players but what's up the with **** him? Did he punch your sister or something?

It has to suck to be a bronco fan and want them to win, but lose Hilarious!

broncswin
09-28-2009, 03:19 PM
If they think he can do it, then fine, give him some throws, but McD didn't seem to have a problem letting Brady throw in the RZ, so why is he jamming runningbacks into the heart of a GL pinch D? Either he has no faith in Orton, or he can't call plays in the redzone

This sounds like Shanny the last 3-4 years!!LOL

OaklandRaidersSBChamps
09-28-2009, 03:20 PM
Kyle Orton is overated. love the way youz guys take down my postss

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_E7hB5nmOxx8/SThfQEHuRlI/AAAAAAAAAGM/IKweI967bt0/s400/capt_66167387d2bf439b90ed7457d6d9f2e5_broncos_raid ers_football_caps106.jpg

Blueflame
09-28-2009, 03:33 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_E7hB5nmOxx8/SThfQEHuRlI/AAAAAAAAAGM/IKweI967bt0/s400/capt_66167387d2bf439b90ed7457d6d9f2e5_broncos_raid ers_football_caps106.jpg

Your posts were not taken down; your lame smack thread was moved to the proper subforum for that level of discussion.

Clockwork Orange
09-28-2009, 03:35 PM

This post is actually good here, seeing as it's the Kyle Orton appreciation thread. This picture of the worst (and I mean by far the worst, it's not even close) quarterback in the NFL should make even the most hardened Orton critic feel at least a little bit better about the Broncos quarterback situation.

OaklandRaidersSBChamps
09-28-2009, 04:12 PM
Your posts were not taken down; your lame smack thread was moved to the proper subforum for that level of discussion.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

where, i dont see it

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_a3CLgAuAq8k/SkM7s3VoggI/AAAAAAAAKmk/UcGu9IYnfhM/s400/Barack-Obama-arrogance.jpg

Blueflame
09-28-2009, 04:15 PM
Your posts were not taken down; your lame smack thread was moved to the proper subforum for that level of discussion.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

where, i dont see it

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=84814

TailgateNut
09-28-2009, 06:09 PM
Figures Nim Rod....you throw the first salvo of insults and when someone smacks you the mouth---suddenly you want to chill out! What a moron.:wiggle:

Go diddle yourself you frigging whiney biatch. You wont be happy until the Broncos lose, so you can thump you little titty chest and proclaim that your were correct in you off the wall predictions.

rastaman
09-28-2009, 07:10 PM
Go diddle yourself you frigging whiney biatch. You wont be happy until the Broncos lose, so you can thump you little titty chest and proclaim that your were correct in you off the wall predictions.

You need to Re-adjust your skirt you switch hitting sissy. You make rather large unfounded assumptions on who isn't a Bronco fan. As usual you couldn't be further from the truth.

Take your Fanantical Bronco Azz somewhere and "Get Bent"...Chuckle Nuts!

Irish Stout
09-29-2009, 02:15 PM
dude i played qb d1, not good enough for the show, but drop it. I'm sending the OP a video. go back to your dvr

Anyone know this clown? I really wanted to see his video. Guess he couldn't find a decent one on YouTube he could pull off as his own.

orangemonkey
09-29-2009, 02:36 PM
Anyone know this clown? I really wanted to see his video. Guess he couldn't find a decent one on YouTube he could pull off as his own.

Still working on it nibble nuts. Why don't you send messages directly to me idiot.

Irish Stout
09-29-2009, 02:44 PM
Still working on it nibble nuts. Why don't you send messages directly to me idiot.

Maybe I am an idiot, but I have absolutely no idea why I would want to PM you... none.

I do like the term nibble nuts, thats good and I haven't heard it before!

orangemonkey
09-29-2009, 02:52 PM
Maybe I am an idiot, but I have absolutely no idea why I would want to PM you... none.

I do like the term nibble nuts, thats good and I haven't heard it before!

well your probably not an idiot but since this forum has turned into a dart board I went there. my bad. be patient because I do want to prove this to you. That aside, I'm looking forward to seeing how Orton does physically/athletically in the face of some serious teams.

As I've stated, McD has far surpassed my expectations, but Orton is exactly where I felt he would be. We're winning against crap teams despite his limitations and completion rating.

Go Broncos!

errand
09-29-2009, 04:17 PM
Raped the Bears? You think the bears would give back Cutler right now?

haha. yikes

I'd be amazed if the Bears gave Cutler back, as he is a potential franchise QB.....but even more amazed that some of you clowns still pine for him, as he hasn't become that franchise QB yet.

Mr. Elway
09-29-2009, 04:41 PM
his arm is weaker than mine and i can only throw about 50 yards.

False. I have been reading some background info on Orton this week and it turns out the weak arm is a myth. He has an ugly windup and poor accuracy on the deep ball and has spent his pro years focusing on mechanics, but he can chuck it further than most people think. Orton threw a ball 78 yards as a high school kid:

At age 17, Orton won the long-ball competition with a heave of 78 yards, beating all other high school boys and one NFL quarterback, Jon Kitna, then with the Seahawks, who happened to be visiting camp.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_13288566?source=bb

Pretty much every scouting report lists his ability to read defenses as one of his main strengths, so I would disagree with that too.

So take that, noodle arm! Kidding 50 yards is better than me :)

Drek
09-29-2009, 07:27 PM
Please Drek....do me a favor and never mention Kyle Orton in the same breath with Tom Brady, Joe Montana, John Elway, and Terry Bradshaw until he wins a playoff game.

I never once said a QB had to make incredible plays with a rocket arm to carry a team on his back. I never said he had to make 30 yard runs.

A QB can take his team and lead them to victory on his back in many ways. You hope you don't need him to do it very often, but it happens. It does not mean he has to make jaw dropping plays....he just has to be clutch when it counts late in the game.
Um, I mentioned that he could see a possible career transformation akin to Brees, you then posted this:

Let me ask you this....will Orton become the equivalent of Tom Brady in our offense?

Your stipulation to being "the equivalent of Tom Brady" was the ability to engineer wins late in games. I didn't directly compare Orton to Brady, just that the automatic presumption that he is incapable (based on lesser athleticism and arm strength than some of his peers) is one that people made about more than a few very successful QBs in this league. Tom Brady (6th round pick) and Joe Montana (3rd round pick) both happened to be the two most shining examples of people making that mistake with quarterbacks.

A lot of QBs aren't special or elite in their first stop in the league, or even their first few. Kurt Warner is a two time MVP and he washed completely out of the league until he resurfaced in the arena league and caught a break. Drew Brees was considered a mediocre enough QB for SD to go and draft a top 5 QB to replace him after only a few years at the helm. Rich Gannon bounced around the league until he found a home running Gruden's offense in Oakland earlier this decade, and he orchestrated more than a few late game drives on people in his peak there. Trent Green even went on to look like a stud for a short while with Kansas City with the right OL and right targets catching his passes.

You keep trying to define Orton as someone incapable of being a big game quarterback, but you keep using a moving, vague, and often inapplicable standard. I'm just giving examples of how QB play in this league is more about what's between the ears than what's below the neck.

Orton might wash out and never be anything. He might also become the next Drew Brees and be a perennial pro-bowler once/if the offense clicks into place. All we know for sure now is that he's shown a penchant for avoiding the big mistake and he seems to win a good bit more than he loses, two characteristics that are hardly negatives.

SouthStndJunkie
09-29-2009, 07:34 PM
You keep trying to define Orton as someone incapable of being a big game quarterback, but you keep using a moving, vague, and often inapplicable standard. I'm just giving examples of how QB play in this league is more about what's between the ears than what's below the neck.

Orton might wash out and never be anything. He might also become the next Drew Brees and be a perennial pro-bowler once/if the offense clicks into place. All we know for sure now is that he's shown a penchant for avoiding the big mistake and he seems to win a good bit more than he loses, two characteristics that are hardly negatives.

That's because the 'it' factor is a moving, vague, and often inapplicable standard that is hard to define....it's just 'it'.

I hope he turns out to be the next Drew Brees....I don't have anything at all against Orton, other than I think he is an average QB on his good days.

scorpio
09-29-2009, 07:43 PM
Let's not forget the Kyle Orton Classic Rock T-Shirt Collection.

http://imgur.com/9q15o.jpg
http://imgur.com/ycztM.jpg ('http://imgur.com/ycztM.jpg')
http://imgur.com/NHIbY.png
http://imgur.com/Djwxu.png ('http://imgur.com/Djwxu.png')
http://imgur.com/c9c4u.jpg ('http://imgur.com/c9c4u.jpg')

thinkin101
09-29-2009, 07:44 PM
I don't mind Orton this year as long as we don't sign him to be our starter next year. He's doing a good job not losing the games for us, but in no way is he winning games for us. I'd love to keep him around as a backup though. He's not a horrible qb.

thinkin101
09-29-2009, 07:49 PM
So Brady would have pounded it up the middle and scored a couple of TD's instead of getting stood up at the line? All the points left on the field were left there by RB's and OL penalty.

I'd have to blame it on the redzone playcalling. It sucked.

HAT
09-29-2009, 08:14 PM
Um, I mentioned that he could see a possible career transformation akin to Brees, you then posted this:

Your stipulation to being "the equivalent of Tom Brady" was the ability to engineer wins late in games. I didn't directly compare Orton to Brady, just that the automatic presumption that he is incapable (based on lesser athleticism and arm strength than some of his peers) is one that people made about more than a few very successful QBs in this league. Tom Brady (6th round pick) and Joe Montana (3rd round pick) both happened to be the two most shining examples of people making that mistake with quarterbacks.

A lot of QBs aren't special or elite in their first stop in the league, or even their first few. Kurt Warner is a two time MVP and he washed completely out of the league until he resurfaced in the arena league and caught a break. Drew Brees was considered a mediocre enough QB for SD to go and draft a top 5 QB to replace him after only a few years at the helm. Rich Gannon bounced around the league until he found a home running Gruden's offense in Oakland earlier this decade, and he orchestrated more than a few late game drives on people in his peak there. Trent Green even went on to look like a stud for a short while with Kansas City with the right OL and right targets catching his passes.

Excellent post Drek! :thumbs:

broncogary
09-29-2009, 08:15 PM
I'd have to blame it on the redzone playcalling. It sucked.

You can afford to do that stuff if you trust your defense. It was an effort to establish dominance early. It just took a little bit longer, but not much.

HAT
09-29-2009, 08:23 PM
You can afford to do that stuff if you trust your defense. It was an effort to establish dominance early. It just took a little bit longer, but not much.

Exactly.

thinkin101
09-29-2009, 08:30 PM
Do yourself a favor and go to You Tube and type in Kyle Orton highlights. For Christ Sake, how long are people going to say he can't throw the ball more than 15 yards?

The game plan today was not to throw the ball down field!!! He threw the ball down field last week. Different day, different team and different game plan.

He does not suck. It doesn't mean he's the next coming of Tom Brady but get over yourself.

Here I'll save you a click. Wow, notice all those passes he throws DOWN FIELD?

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EE2CxDWm1sc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EE2CxDWm1sc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

I don't hate Orton or think he is the worst qb ever, but in those bombs he throws, I see more amazing catches than anything.

Drek
09-29-2009, 08:31 PM
That's because the 'it' factor is a moving, vague, and often inapplicable standard that is hard to define....it's just 'it'.

I hope he turns out to be the next Drew Brees....I don't have anything at all against Orton, other than I think he is an average QB on his good days.

So its something you can't define but you've said in this very thread that Orton doesn't have it and won't be able to get it.

And you know that why?

Matt Cassel sure looked like he had 'it' the second half of '08. Sure doesn't look to have much of it left now in '09.

'It' is a quarterback with the football IQ to make the right reads, enough talent to make the necessary throws, the players around him to make those throws count for something, and a head coach or offensive coordinator who knows how to package all that into a winning scheme.

People who gauge athletes off the thirty seconds of jaw dropping athleticism that sticks out in their memory and not the length and breadth of their careers miss 'it' because 'it' doesn't necessarily show up on those fantastically athletic plays. People love power pitchers and home run hitters, cannon armed QBs and freakishly fast running backs. Yet the most successful recent pitcher (Greg Maddux) has often been described as someone who's fastball couldn't break a pane of glass, the most successful hitters in baseball are five tool guys who don't rely on the home run alone, the two most decorated QBs where both knocked for arm strength early and often in their careers, and the all time leading rusher for RBs wasn't terrifically fast.

Most fans let those unfathomable instances cloud their judgement of what real talent is: a level of dedication, commitment, and effort that grossly outstrips even your more talented peers.

Kyle Orton might have only 3/4ths the football talent of a Jay Cutler, but if Orton realizes 99% of his while Cutler only reaches 50% of his own ceiling, Orton will be the far superior quarterback. Even though he'll never make those flashy throws that stick out in people's memory.

broncogary
09-29-2009, 08:41 PM
Orton showed me plenty of arm on a throw, I'm thinking in the third quarter down the right side to Marshall.

SouthStndJunkie
09-29-2009, 09:00 PM
Drek....we can banter back and forth all day and neither of us are going to change our opinions.

We both want the same thing....Denver wins.

I hope I am wrong and hope Orton turns out to be a stud.

This is one argument that I hope to lose.

Please don't bring Cutler into the argument....I have not mentioned his name in this thread, that I can recall.

To me, this is not an Orton/Cutler debate....it's just my opinion that Orton is not the long term answer at QB for the Broncos.

BlaK-Argentina
09-29-2009, 09:31 PM
Orton showed me plenty of arm on a throw, I'm thinking in the third quarter down the right side to Marshall.

Orton does NOT have a weak arm. I'd say it's above average.

R8R H8R
09-29-2009, 09:47 PM

Classic Rock afficionado huh? I like him already.

Wow. Jim Morrison would have been 66 this year.

Br0nc0Buster
09-29-2009, 10:06 PM
Orton does NOT have a weak arm. I'd say it's above average.

for the life of me I never undestand where people got that idea

Oh well it was a tale I used to tell who was full of crap and who actually knew what they were talking about this offseason

baja
09-29-2009, 11:44 PM
I don't mind Orton this year as long as we don't sign him to be our starter next year. He's doing a good job not losing the games for us, but in no way is he winning games for us. I'd love to keep him around as a backup though. He's not a horrible qb.

how much did Orton improve from Game 1 and game 2 - 10%, 20%, 25%

lets say 15% and another 15% in week 2 and another 15% (at least) in game 3 see what this is looking like. We have no reason to put a limit on what Orton can evolve into with a coach/ teacher like Josh working with him.

ak1971
09-29-2009, 11:54 PM
where is the kingneckbeard tweet this week...what is Orton on the ass end of a three day bender and we are going to find him in the dumpster at some hotel at 40th and Chambers?

kamakazi_kal
09-30-2009, 02:44 AM
hey kyle ......

Thanks for managing the game and keepin the turnovers down buddy. Stay classy. :~ohyah!:

Drek
09-30-2009, 04:12 AM
Drek....we can banter back and forth all day and neither of us are going to change our opinions.

We both want the same thing....Denver wins.

I hope I am wrong and hope Orton turns out to be a stud.

This is one argument that I hope to lose.

Please don't bring Cutler into the argument....I have not mentioned his name in this thread, that I can recall.

To me, this is not an Orton/Cutler debate....it's just my opinion that Orton is not the long term answer at QB for the Broncos.
Not trying to change your opinion, just that if you're going to say he can't do X, tell why with real reasons, don't just post acting like your gut feeling on the guy has any validity.

And I don't personally partake in the Cutler bull**** on this board, I only mentioned Cutler because Cutler is the best example of a QB with all world talent who hasn't lived up to it. Rivers is similar, but he's not quite as talented and has actually lead his team to some big wins. I suppose I could have said David Carr, but I can't hold a guy setting the all-time most sacked record in back to back years against him, he's lucky to still be able to walk at this point. Joey Harrington is a good example too though, could have gone with that. Or the guy Orton replaced in Chicago, Rexy, who also had a lot of talent and not enough between the ears to make it work.

All I'm saying is that a lot of guys who look the part in college and in passing drills somehow never make those big plays on Sundays and a surprising number of the unassuming, under talented, nobodies come out and suddenly become franchise QBs. Until Orton has had a full season in the offense we really don't know where he stands though.

Blueflame
09-30-2009, 04:43 AM

Not meaning to be rude... but is there a genuine female in any of those pics? They all look rather... masculine.

The Joker
09-30-2009, 04:55 AM
Not meaning to be rude... but is there a genuine female in any of those pics? They all look rather... masculine.

They need to be fairly built to withstand the mighty thrust of Kyle Orton.

The man can go deep when he needs to, and not just on the field.

errand
09-30-2009, 07:35 AM
it's just my opinion that Orton is not the long term answer at QB for the Broncos.

..and you've based this opinion on 3 regular season games. Wow!

alkemical
09-30-2009, 07:49 AM

orton's played more than 3 games.

baja
09-30-2009, 08:06 AM
hey kyle ......

Thanks for managing the game and keepin the turnovers down buddy. Stay classy. :~ohyah!:

neg rep for you bozo

Mr. Elway
09-30-2009, 08:17 AM
Judging from the photos Kyle looks like he would probably be a pretty normal, fun guy to hang out with. Sort of a Plummer type of guy. The kind of guy where when a guy like Cutler gets in your face at the bar Orton would be like "woah dude, just chill out, let's not throw a pick 6 here."

ScottXray
09-30-2009, 08:53 AM

So he attracts women that look average, or "women that wear comfortable shoes" .

To his credit he apparently doesn't dis any of them because they aren't "superstar" worthy.

Looks like a Regular guy, to me.....and not one that thinks he's better than all that.

Then again , he is definitely in drinking situations in all those pics...we all know that attractiveness of the female sex goes up in square to the number
of beers consumed.
1 beer = no change
2 beers= 4 times better
3 beers = 9 times as good
4 beers = 16 times
5 beers = 25 times.

Can't blame him for that.

Irish Stout
09-30-2009, 09:14 AM

Isn't KO married? Anyone track down a pic of Misses Orton?

bombay
09-30-2009, 09:17 AM
24-12

bombay
09-30-2009, 09:22 AM
Man, I love all of Orton's vintage rock 'n roll t-shirts.

And the bottle of Vueve Clicquot.

bronco militia
09-30-2009, 09:23 AM

and Jake Plummer started his NFL career in Denver too!

bronco militia
09-30-2009, 09:30 AM

http://imgur.com/Djwxu.png

not bad!

FYI, I don't like Kyle the QB either

baja
09-30-2009, 09:34 AM
Kyle Orton will go to the pro bowl before Cutler goes again. Probably this year

TheDave
09-30-2009, 09:46 AM
Is this average QB appreciation week?

We have the #1 defense in the league and the #4 rushing attack. Thats why we are winning. Kyle Orton has one good stat- 0 INT's.

Otherwise he is a painfully average QB.

Keep running the ball and playing good defense and we will win our share of games. But when we get in that inevitable shoot out I'm not going to hold my breath that KO is going to light things up... Time will tell, I guess.

By the way sorry if this has already been said, but there was no way in hell I was going to read 7 pages of this BS.

<TABLE class=data-table1 border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=thd2><TD title="Player Name">Player </TD><TD title="Passing Attempts">Att </TD><TD title="Passing Completions">Comp </TD><TD title="Passing Yards">Yds </TD><TD title=Completions/Attempts>Comp % </TD><TD title=Yards/Attempt>Yds/Att </TD><TD title="Passing Touchdowns">TD </TD><TD title="Touchdowns/Pass Attempts">TD % </TD><TD title="Interceptions Thrown">INT </TD><TD title="Interceptions/Pass Attempts ">INT % </TD><TD title="Yards of longest passing play">Long </TD><TD title="Number of sacks">Sck </TD><TD title="Number of yards lost from sacks">Sack/Lost </TD><TD title="Quarterback Rating">Rating </TD></TR><TR class=tbdy1><TD>Kyle Orton (http://www.nfl.com/players/kyleorton/profile?id=ORT716150)</TD><TD>88</TD><TD>49</TD><TD>663</TD><TD>55.7</TD><TD>7.5</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>3.4</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>87</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>91.2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Mr. Elway
09-30-2009, 01:12 PM
Being that the biggest knock on Orton is arm strength, I think it's relevant to point out that Phillip Rivers and Drew Brees were also accused of the same shortcoming early in their pro careers, and that both of them learned to throw a good deep ball. If the comparison is outlandish I can't come up with a good reason why...

Irish Stout
09-30-2009, 01:21 PM
<TABLE class=data-table1 border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=thd2><TD title="Player Name">Player </TD><TD title="Passing Attempts">Att </TD><TD title="Passing Completions">Comp </TD><TD title="Passing Yards">Yds </TD><TD title=Completions/Attempts>Comp % </TD><TD title=Yards/Attempt>Yds/Att </TD><TD title="Passing Touchdowns">TD </TD><TD title="Touchdowns/Pass Attempts">TD % </TD><TD title="Interceptions Thrown">INT </TD><TD title="Interceptions/Pass Attempts ">INT % </TD><TD title="Yards of longest passing play">Long </TD><TD title="Number of sacks">Sck </TD><TD title="Number of yards lost from sacks">Sack/Lost </TD><TD title="Quarterback Rating">Rating </TD></TR><TR class=tbdy1><TD>Kyle Orton (http://www.nfl.com/players/kyleorton/profile?id=ORT716150)</TD><TD>88</TD><TD>49</TD><TD>663</TD><TD>55.7</TD><TD>7.5</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>3.4</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>87</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>91.2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

That 91.2 rating is frickin miserable isn't it? Uggggg.

outdoor_miner
09-30-2009, 01:48 PM
That 91.2 rating is frickin miserable isn't it? Uggggg.

Especially when the entire Offense is still learning a new system that everyone thought would "take time". It's his 3rd game, and he's looking pretty good. Enough for me to hope that he can upgrade from "pretty good" to "very good" by the middle of the season when everyone starts to gel and the reads come naturally. If he can amp it up a bit while still minimizing turnovers, I'll be happy.

Meck77
10-02-2009, 05:27 PM
So channel 4 news just aired a clip of Mcd's Bronco show that will be on tomorrow night. Coach McD was crediting Orton for the successful run game thus far. It was very brief but if I understood him correctly Kyle is actually calling running plays. If that is the case Kyle certainly deserves some props and seems to be doing a good job managing the running game.

ak1971
10-03-2009, 12:59 PM
kingneckbeard:

Thinking of hitting the bars w/ Romo 2night. My neckbeard + Romos backwards hat = a waterfall of skanky cooch! No fatties tho, ask Jessica

HAT
10-03-2009, 01:43 PM

This is a sexist post.....mods please delete or ban. Thanks in advance.
Hilarious!

listopencil
10-03-2009, 01:51 PM
Being that the biggest knock on Orton is arm strength, I think it's relevant to point out that Phillip Rivers and Drew Brees were also accused of the same shortcoming early in their pro careers, and that both of them learned to throw a good deep ball. If the comparison is outlandish I can't come up with a good reason why...

You forgot one QB that got that knock on them early in their careers, Tom Brady.

listopencil
10-03-2009, 01:52 PM

I'd make sweet, sweet love to all of those ladies. And I love the Janis Joplin shirt.

ak1971
10-03-2009, 01:56 PM
I just want to get hammered with Orton

Mogulseeker
10-03-2009, 02:15 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xgWs-_yY7Fg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xgWs-_yY7Fg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VbbxheI-ga0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VbbxheI-ga0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Meck77
10-04-2009, 04:42 PM
20/29 69%
243 yards
2 touchdowns

Another "ugly" win!

Sassy
10-04-2009, 04:44 PM
But we'll take it!
GO BRONCOS!
LOVE THE D!

NYBronco
10-04-2009, 04:44 PM
Kyle just hung in there and played the game, nothing fancy and another W.

Meck77
10-04-2009, 04:45 PM
Sassy I was being sarcastic.

I'd be fine if we won 2-0.

Dagmar
10-04-2009, 04:50 PM
http://i38.tinypic.com/20797w1.gif

Sassy
10-04-2009, 04:53 PM
Sassy I was being sarcastic.

I'd be fine if we won 2-0.

:rofl:

baja
10-16-2009, 11:38 PM
I don't understand this. It's one thing to say the appreciation should go to other players but what's up the with **** him? Did he punch your sister or something?

This is still a good question.

Bronco Yoda
10-16-2009, 11:44 PM
5-0 !!!!!

Who the hell can complain about that?

ok...3....2....1.... (haters enter)

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
10-19-2009, 11:07 PM
Bump.

This guy is a winner!

Popps
10-19-2009, 11:11 PM
20/29 69%
243 yards
2 touchdowns

another "ugly" win!

8')

Irish Stout
10-25-2009, 05:44 PM
FYI: Kyle had a good bye-week!

baja
03-31-2010, 12:53 PM
hey kyle ......

I hate that giff, what did I say?

kamakazi_kal
03-31-2010, 01:08 PM
I almost never give neg rep but for this post I'll made the exception