PDA

View Full Version : OK, anyone else drinking that Orange Kool-Aid?

broncobum6162
09-27-2009, 04:06 PM
Yea, I know. I've been as big an unbeliever of McD as anyone though willing to give him a chance. Him and the team have come through and went 3-0 as they had to against a weak early season schedule. And look @ Cincy, beating Green Bay and now Pittsburg. Yes they have a lot of improvement to make(Red Zone offense as evidenced by this week), but the next few games are looking winnable provided they keep improving. What's up w/ that D that has given up 16 points in three games and has sacks and T0's to burn! The offense tho unspectacular is as good as it has to be and has looked better each week. Marshall is starting to come around too. I don't know, I'm jus sayin...................

OBF1
09-27-2009, 05:18 PM
Finally another Bronco believer. Plenty of room on the McDaniels bandwagon my brother.

KS Bronco
09-27-2009, 05:18 PM
its DELICIOUS

OBF1
09-27-2009, 05:22 PM
<--- been drinking it by the gallon...... and love it

listopencil
09-27-2009, 05:27 PM
Yuck.

Ambiguous
09-27-2009, 05:27 PM
Leaning towards it, win next week and I'm fully committed.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-27-2009, 05:31 PM
Now that Cincy just knocked off the defending champs, pass that pitcher!

Traveler
09-27-2009, 05:35 PM
Let's see where they are in November.

Doggcow
09-27-2009, 05:37 PM
Been on the bandwagon all along!

loborugger
09-27-2009, 05:38 PM

Not ready for a whole pitcher, but please pass me a cup full.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-27-2009, 05:54 PM
Not ready for a whole pitcher, but please pass me a cup full.

After today I'm thinking "at least fill it to the line that says 'AFC West Champions.'" :~ohyah!:

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-27-2009, 05:56 PM
Fade came close to taking San Diego out.

We rolled the Fade in their own crib like we were playing a Pop Warner team.

Just sayin.' :~ohyah!:

broncobum6162
09-27-2009, 05:59 PM

Good call. The next few weeks will really tell how far we come. Right now I'm enjoying being undefeated while it lasts.:giggle:

BlaK-Argentina
09-27-2009, 06:06 PM
I'm ready to believe we can win this division. I LOVE this team.

cutthemdown
09-27-2009, 06:07 PM
Yeah we aint throwing anyone off. But when things get tough, and they will, it's the NFL, I don't want to see people backtracking and saying he stinks again.

If your on your on. If not stay the **** off you losers.

bfoflcommish
09-27-2009, 06:08 PM

Does this really matter??? we are already improved as a team over last year and yet you still want to wait?

whats been done this 3 weeks would not have been as good if we never made changes, but yes let's wait and see.

RhymesayersDU
09-27-2009, 06:13 PM
Here's the thing.

I was one of the "bad fans" or "naysayers" or whatever the uber #1 bronco fans want to call me. I was predicting no more than 5 wins, etc.

Now, am I drinking the kool-aid? Not yet. But I'm inching closer. Look guys, I'm not trying to find reasons to be negative, etc. I'm really not. But we got lucky in one game, and the other 2 games we played incompetent teams with terrible QB's.

Like I said in another thread, this Dallas game has me excited. I want to see us go toe-to-toe against a team with talent on both sides of the ball. This will be a huge test for our defense with all the weapons they have. I generally think our offense will be fine.

To sum up: I'm not drinking the kool-aid yet, but I'm heading towards the kitchen to get the pitcher and pour myself a glass. I just need a little nudge.

spdirty
09-27-2009, 06:16 PM
Gimme till the bye week. Be 2-1 going into the bye against what looks like 3 beatable teams then By God!

broncobum6162
09-27-2009, 06:24 PM
Here's the thing.

I was one of the "bad fans" or "naysayers" or whatever the uber #1 bronco fans want to call me. I was predicting no more than 5 wins, etc.

Now, am I drinking the kool-aid? Not yet. But I'm inching closer. Look guys, I'm not trying to find reasons to be negative, etc. I'm really not. But we got lucky in one game, and the other 2 games we played incompetent teams with terrible QB's.

Like I said in another thread, this Dallas game has me excited. I want to see us go toe-to-toe against a team with talent on both sides of the ball. This will be a huge test for our defense with all the weapons they have. I generally think our offense will be fine.

To sum up: I'm not drinking the kool-aid yet, but I'm heading towards the kitchen to get the pitcher and pour myself a glass. I just need a little nudge.

:bandwagon Heres ur nudge. Actually I agree w/ you. But you gotta admit none of us thought we would actually go 3-0 even though it was the easiest part of our schedule. I'm lovin it.

baja
09-27-2009, 06:28 PM
:bandwagon Heres ur nudge. Actually I agree w/ you. <b></b> But you gotta admit none of us thought we would actually go 3-0 even though it was the easiest part of our schedule. I'm lovin it.

Thsat's bullshiit I thought so and I wasn't the only one.

As a matter of fact I'm calling 5 and 0 again fore the record.

El Guapo
09-27-2009, 06:32 PM
Please, please, please demolish the cowboys. Then I'll truly start believing. Although, we are looking darn good, but we need to play a decent team.

broncobum6162
09-27-2009, 06:36 PM
Thsat's bullshiit I thought so and I wasn't the only one.

As a matter of fact I'm calling 5 and 0 again fore the record.

If that is true then I should worship the ground you walk on. :pray::pray::pray::pray:

I just hope you're right.

JCMElway
09-27-2009, 07:27 PM
No, not yet. If we can go 3-3 (or maybe even 4-2) over the next 6 games I'll start thinking about things beyond the regular season. As it is now, one victory at a time is fantastic, no other aspirations at all.

PaintballCLE
09-27-2009, 07:47 PM
Good call. The next few weeks will really tell how far we come. Right now I'm enjoying being undefeated while it lasts.:giggle:

i think its time to change the name to McBroncoBum

Hogan11
09-27-2009, 08:08 PM
Thus far, I love it. No one believes in them, Fantasy Footballers hate them, there's nothing sexy about them to get the pundits excited or to be anything but skeptical of them. No one likes the QB and the D is performing wayyyyyy above anyone's expectations........smell that? It's 2005 once again.

wandlc
09-27-2009, 10:13 PM
Well, if they plan on continuing to win, I think the red zone efficiency is going to have to improve. Right now they are 4 for 9. Can't do that against better teams.

Chris
09-27-2009, 10:16 PM
Specifically our red zone passing needs some real work

Rock Chalk
09-27-2009, 10:19 PM
Please, please, please demolish the cowboys. Then I'll truly start believing. Although, we are looking darn good, but we need to play a decent team.

We wont be playing one next week.

The Cowboys are NOT a decent team. They are the 2009 version of the 2008 Broncos. A horrendous rush and pass defense with a moderately explosive offense that can get hot but wont always be.

Dallas is going to have to outscore opponents this year, ala the 2008 Broncos and if a good defense (ahem, us) slows them down, they are in a world of hurt.

Popps
09-27-2009, 11:20 PM
http://therawfeed.com/pix/kool-aid.jpg

Never stopped drinking it.

But, I never would have thought drinking Broncos kool-aid could be a bad thing. I'm a homer and proud of it.

FireFly
09-28-2009, 05:19 AM

I'm telling you! THe Bengals are a better team than people give them credit for!

Palmer is a mad ruler!

broncobum6162
09-28-2009, 07:40 AM
i think its time to change the name to McBroncoBum

Tell U what, If we come thru the first half of the season 1st place in the AFC West, you have a deal!:thumbsup:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-28-2009, 07:47 AM
Here's the thing.

That's fine. I figured anything more than six wins would be a bonus, but I also said I thought we'd be in every single game. We might end up a six win team, but we'd be the best six win team in the league.

Yes, and we absolutely DESTROYED those two incompetent teams and their terrible QBs. IF we'd squeaked by, I'd see your point. We didn't. We rolled them. And bad or no, that same Raiders team smoked us in our house not one year ago. If we weren't significantly improved, that wouldn't have happened.

I think Dallas is beat-able. I really really do. Romo can be forced into bad decisions, and that's exactly what our opportunistic defense thrives on.

You should put some ice in it. It tastes really good.

bronco militia
09-28-2009, 07:49 AM
8')

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-28-2009, 07:51 AM
8')

Man, I wish I could be like that Militia guy. So cool to be awesome and miserable. Then I could listen to My Chemical Romance and twitter about how much I hate my dad.

Give up the depression, kid.

bronco militia
09-28-2009, 07:53 AM
Man, I wish I could be like that Militia guy. So cool to be awesome and miserable. Then I could listen to My Chemical Romance and twitter about how much I hate my dad.

Give up the depression, kid.

LOL

you don't know anything about me or how I'm feeling.

try using the search funcion on say my last 10 posts at the Mane

missingnumber7
09-28-2009, 07:56 AM
I'm telling you! THe Bengals are a better team than people give them credit for!

Palmer is a mad ruler!

Palmer looked like the pre knee injury Palmer.

Back to broncos terms. I was not nor am I still a huge fan of the new regime. That being said, I am, and will always be a Broncos Fan first and foremost. I'm thinking that bringing in Nolan was one of the best moves this team ever made...PERIOD. The change in the teams defense if incredible. The mind set brought to the game is obvious, the game planning is much better than last season, but the thing that Nolan's D has brought to this game is the halftime adjustments. As for the O, and McD...I'm starting to wonder if he really called plays in NE. I'm not a professional coach, and this is a new offense...and I will admit, I never really watched a NE game unless they were playing the Broncos, but if this is how things worked in NE then fine, but the play calling seems off somewhere...unless we are trying to lull people to sleep and then smack em hard. But just my POV...I think that this team has potential. But the clincher to me is that McD is the first rookie coach since Red Miller to go 3-0 in Denver in 77.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-28-2009, 07:57 AM
LOL

you don't know anything about me or how I'm feeling.

try using the search funcion on say my last 10 posts at the Mane

I'd rather not waste my time on someone who doesn't have a clue. But thanks for the invitation.

bronco militia
09-28-2009, 07:58 AM
I'd rather not waste my time on someone who doesn't have a clue. But thanks for the invitation.

meow!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-28-2009, 08:02 AM
meow!

Awww, is pussy hungry?

bronco militia
09-28-2009, 08:20 AM
Awww, is p***Y hungry?

alrighty then!

:giggle:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_2_SQZKe4yoY/SdFZUc3NgGI/AAAAAAAAAxg/MFwaLDrX4iI/s400/normal_internet-seriousbusiness.jpg

lostknight
09-28-2009, 09:38 AM
I'm on the Mike Nolan bandwagon. McDaniel's vaunted offensive system has not lived up to the hype - yet.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-28-2009, 10:03 AM
I'm on the Mike Nolan bandwagon. McDaniel's vaunted offensive system has not lived up to the hype - yet.

I love these idiots that refuse to give McDaniels any credit. As if 1) he has nothing to do with the defense, 2) he has nothing to do with personnel decisions, 3) as if the offense has completely sputtered. Part of the reason we dominated yesterday is because we controlled the ball and played virtual mistake free football on offense. Yeah, we need to score more in the red zone (a consistant broncos problem the last ten years), but to say the Offense hasnt been effective is just false.

DrFate
09-28-2009, 10:07 AM
The season starts NOW. Even the 'bad fans' on this board believed a 2-1 or 3-0 start was possible, as playing the NFL's version of the little sisters of the poor only means so much.

2008 results
Cincy: 4-12
Cle: 4-11-1
Oak: 5-11

The Kool-Aid krowd can krow when we are 8 or 10 games in and still looking like a playoff contender. Even though DAL and PIT are struggling, even NE looks flawed - if the Broncos can beat playoff teams - then we'll talk about it.

bronco militia
09-28-2009, 10:23 AM
:welcome:

Rock Chalk
09-28-2009, 10:36 AM
The season starts NOW. Even the 'bad fans' on this board believed a 2-1 or 3-0 start was possible, as playing the NFL's version of the little sisters of the poor only means so much.

2008 results
Cincy: 4-12
Cle: 4-11-1
Oak: 5-11

The Kool-Aid krowd can krow when we are 8 or 10 games in and still looking like a playoff contender. Even though DAL and PIT are struggling, even NE looks flawed - if the Broncos can beat playoff teams - then we'll talk about it.

Dallas, Pitt and NE might not be playoff teams. Cincy however might be.

For all you know it could be Den/SD/Cincy/Baltimore/Indy/Jets in the playoffs this year :)

Dallas isnt going to the playoffs with that defense in that division folks. I dont care how good their offense is.

broncobum6162
10-04-2009, 06:13 PM
Well now we've beaten da boyz! Is anyone asking for that pitcher of that liquid orange yet?

broncobum6162
10-11-2009, 06:14 PM
Bump. I see RhamsayerDU posted on on this subject. Thought I'd bring it back up again.
I had 5 pitchers today in the form of beer. Booya!