PDA

View Full Version : Raiders try to ban former QB and CBS announcer Rich Gannon from team facilities

Hallside
09-25-2009, 08:34 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/25/raiders-want-gannon-gone/

Posted by Evan Silva on September 25, 2009 9:46 PM ET
According to the San Francisco Chronicle, the Raiders want CBS analyst Rich Gannon (and former Oakland Super Bowl quarterback) banned from their Alameda training facility.

Club officials want Gannon blackballed because he's been critical of the organization.

"Rich Gannon is not welcome here," ubiquitous club spokesman John Herrera said. "We told CBS we did not want him in our building...and that's where it sits."

Initially, the Raiders even asked for Gannon to be pulled out of the broadcast booth. Unsurprisingly, CBS declined.

"Rich Gannon is an objective and analytical broadcaster and he will be broadcasting the game as assigned," said CBS senior V.P. of communications LeslieAnne Wade.

As to the Raiders' reasoning, Herrera pointed to Gannon saying the organization "should just blow up the building and start over."

Herrera is apparently more sensitive than his incredibly confrontational history with at least one reporter suggests.

"We think in a post 9/11 world, that's not a very proper thing to say," Herrera said. "It's uncalled for. (Gannon) seems to be a guy who can't get over the fact that he played the worst Super Bowl game in the history of the game and he wants to blame everybody but himself."

Al Davis is crazy as hell. Raiders fans are going nuts over this: http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakland-raiders-forum-message-board/156339-raiders-tell-gannon-stay-away.html

BroncoDoug
09-25-2009, 08:37 PM
ROFL! I love it!

baja
09-25-2009, 08:41 PM
They would have to do some serious improving to work their way up to pathetic.

HEAV
09-25-2009, 08:54 PM
Herrera pointed to Gannon saying the organization "should just blow up the building and start over."

Ya know...he got a point...about the whole blowing up thing.

I know a Raider fan and while he loves the team he can't wait for Al Davis to be gone. I always say long live the king!

broncocalijohn
09-25-2009, 08:56 PM
Gannon would be an improvement to that team....... as their QB. Analyst analize the anuls of the Raiders.

Broncoman13
09-25-2009, 09:52 PM
I like Gannon more and more each day... I was actually happy to see that he was part of the team calling the game. My opinion, he is very objective and calls it like he sees it. I would expect him to be critical of the Broncos trade of Cutler but he'll also point out what Orton does well. Moving into my top 3 sportscasters behind Simms and Chucky.

jacob2125
09-25-2009, 09:55 PM
As to the Raiders' reasoning, Herrera pointed to Gannon saying the organization "should just blow up the building and start over."

Herrera is apparently more sensitive than his incredibly confrontational history with at least one reporter suggests.

"We think in a post 9/11 world, that's not a very proper thing to say," Herrera said. "It's uncalled for. (Gannon) seems to be a guy who can't get over the fact that he played the worst Super Bowl game in the history of the game and he wants to blame everybody but himself."

It's this kind of stuff that reminds me Al isn't the only clown over their. It's the entire damn organization.

Inkana7
09-25-2009, 09:59 PM
"It's uncalled for. (Gannon) seems to be a guy who can't get over the fact that he played the worst Super Bowl game in the history of the game and he wants to blame everybody but himself."

Wow! You don't get more douchey than that.

bronco militia
09-25-2009, 11:13 PM
http://www.drewlitton.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/raiders-stink.gif

listopencil
09-26-2009, 12:15 AM
"... (Gannon) seems to be a guy who can't get over the fact that he played the worst Super Bowl game in the history of the game and he wants to blame everybody but himself."

Yeah. Don't blame the HC that was too freaking stupid to change even one iota of the Offense that was built by the opposing HC. Shanny was a great coach but Gruden took two different franchises to the Super Bowl at the same time. I don't blame that on Gannon.

UberBroncoMan
09-26-2009, 01:45 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/25/raiders-want-gannon-gone/

Posted by Evan Silva on September 25, 2009 9:46 PM ET
According to the San Francisco Chronicle, the Raiders want CBS analyst Rich Gannon (and former Oakland Super Bowl quarterback) banned from their Alameda training facility.

Club officials want Gannon blackballed because he's been critical of the organization.

"Rich Gannon is not welcome here," ubiquitous club spokesman John Herrera said. "We told CBS we did not want him in our building...and that's where it sits."

Initially, the Raiders even asked for Gannon to be pulled out of the broadcast booth. Unsurprisingly, CBS declined.

"Rich Gannon is an objective and analytical broadcaster and he will be broadcasting the game as assigned," said CBS senior V.P. of communications LeslieAnne Wade.

Al Davis is crazy as hell. Raiders fans are going nuts over this: http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakland-raiders-forum-message-board/156339-raiders-tell-gannon-stay-away.html

One of the most pathetic unrelated excuses using 9/11 I've ever seen. They attack him for having a bad Super Bowl game yet forget they never would have been there without them. ****ing pathetic organization. Gannon was the last real QB Oakland had.

UberBroncoMan
09-26-2009, 01:49 AM
I like Gannon more and more each day... I was actually happy to see that he was part of the team calling the game. My opinion, he is very objective and calls it like he sees it. I would expect him to be critical of the Broncos trade of Cutler but he'll also point out what Orton does well. Moving into my top 3 sportscasters behind Simms and Chucky.

Ironic that two are former Raiders?

uplink
09-26-2009, 02:09 AM
I'm officially banning Al Davis from my house.

Dukes
09-26-2009, 08:45 AM
I'm officially banning Al Davis from my house.

Do you have handicap access anyway?

fdf
09-26-2009, 09:09 AM
It's this kind of stuff that reminds me Al isn't the only clown over their. It's the entire damn organization.

Fish rot from the head down.

fdf
09-26-2009, 09:11 AM
"It's uncalled for. (Gannon) seems to be a guy who can't get over the fact that he played the worst Super Bowl game in the history of the game and he wants to blame everybody but himself."

Wow! You don't get more douchey than that.

Gannon was a pretty good QB. I hated when he started against Denver.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-26-2009, 10:02 AM
Gannon was a pretty good QB. I hated when he started against Denver.

I attribute a significant boost towards our first Superbowl championship to Marty Schottenheimer for making possibly the dumbest move in his post-season history: sitting Rich Gannon for Elvis Grbackup in the 1998 divisional playoff game. Gannon was beyond pretty good... and certainly better than Grbac. Thanks Marty.

Beantown Bronco
09-26-2009, 11:06 AM
Herrera pointed to Gannon saying the organization "should just blow up the building and start over."

Ya know...he got a point...about the whole blowing up thing.

"Blow the whole thing up and start over" is easily one of the most common phrases used in sports. For someone to try to play the 9/11 card on that is really weak IMO.

baja
09-26-2009, 11:07 AM
I attribute a significant boost towards our first Superbowl championship to Marty Schottenheimer for making possibly the dumbest move in his post-season history: sitting Rich Gannon for Elvis Grbackup in the 1998 divisional playoff game. Gannon was beyond pretty good... and certainly better than Grbac. Thanks Marty.

and everybody knew it except Marty.