PDA

View Full Version : "Cincinnati Deserved To Win That Game"

frerottenextelway
09-25-2009, 07:32 PM
I'm sorry for my dated rant that completely doesn't deserve its own thread, but I've been hearing this for the past two weeks off-line, and it's pissing me off the more and more I think about it.

Our opponents made a mistake and we took advantage of it. If you think about it, that's what football is. Whether it's a blown coverage in the 2nd quarter, a missed gap assignment in the 3rd quarter, perhaps pass interference in the 4th quarter, or whatever. That's what football is, when you're presented an opportunity, take advantage of it.

Lucky, yeah probably, we got an opportunity late in the game. Not deserving, gtfo. As the team that took advantage of the mistake we were certainly more deserving than the team that committed the mistake.

/rant

broncosteven
09-25-2009, 07:38 PM
Napoleon deserved to beat Wellington.

frerottenextelway
09-25-2009, 07:43 PM

:thumbsup:

I'm in Steeler Country and they play Cinci this week, so I've had extended listening to this line, and the internet is a great place to rant. It's such crap.

Hogan11
09-25-2009, 07:44 PM
Paulus had control of 90% of Stalingrad at one point.....guess he deserved to win as well eh?

houghtam
09-25-2009, 07:47 PM
Dinosaurs deserved to beat man!

broncosteven
09-25-2009, 07:50 PM
The big bang wasn't supposed to be so big...

frerottenextelway
09-25-2009, 07:53 PM
Oh boy, what did I start?

<3 it!

Rock Chalk
09-25-2009, 07:54 PM
Paulus had control of 90% of Stalingrad at one point.....guess he deserved to win as well eh?

You could argue Paulus did deserve to win. He wasn't out maneuvered, or out "General'ed". He was Hitler'ed. Hitler completely screwed Paulus. I forget the Russian General's name, he had a good plan but it would not have been satisfactory had Paulus been given what he required to take the river.

Punisher
09-25-2009, 07:56 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SgXvaRUP4l4&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SgXvaRUP4l4&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Rohirrim
09-25-2009, 07:57 PM
Custer could have pulled it out. He just ran out of clock.

Hogan11
09-25-2009, 08:02 PM
You could argue Paulus did deserve to win. He wasn't out maneuvered, or out "General'ed". He was Hitler'ed. Hitler completely screwed Paulus. I forget the Russian General's name, he had a good plan but it would not have been satisfactory had Paulus been given what he required to take the river.

You could argue that, but it doesn't matter, they still lost....just like Sincy did.

I love seeing Ochodroppo's team lose. When they lose to the Broncos, it's sweet and when they lose in the fashion they did...well, I'm still relishing it ROFL!

Man-Goblin
09-25-2009, 08:03 PM
Hola from Mexico! Anyways, this is my first and only post from Mexico, but something one of the bar patrons said tonight pissed me off, and it falls in line with this thread.

He started talking **** about how all the Broncos did was beat the crap out of the Browns. But isn't that what they're supposed to do? Beat the crap out of bad teams at home?

/rant

Broncosfreak_56
09-25-2009, 08:04 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CbOfxnrD8w0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CbOfxnrD8w0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

broncocalijohn
09-25-2009, 08:05 PM
You know. I got a neg rep one month after I posted the comment that got me said neg rep. That was private. This rant is worse than that neg rep.

frerottenextelway
09-25-2009, 08:06 PM
Hola from Mexico! Anyways, this is my first and only post from Mexico, but something one of the bar patrons said tonight pissed me off, and it falls in line with this thread.

He started talking **** about how all the Broncos did was beat the crap out of the Browns. But isn't that what they're supposed to do? Beat the crap out of bad teams at home?

/rant

You can only beat who you play.

frerottenextelway
09-25-2009, 08:08 PM
You know. I got a neg rep one month after I posted the comment that got me said neg rep. That was private. This rant is worse than that neg rep.

Then neg reg me twice! Or three times! Or whatever.

I've been here since the gates opened, a few lame threads are earned imo.

baja
09-25-2009, 08:09 PM

/rant

Where in Mexico are you?

houghtam
09-25-2009, 08:18 PM

Although Hitler was a mental midget when it came to all things military, I don't think the Germans could have held Stalingrad very long even if they did take it. The Russians just had more people, and they didn't care. They would have just kept throwing more and more people (notice I didn't say "soldiers") at the city until the Germans pulled out.

UberBroncoMan
09-25-2009, 08:21 PM

You take Hitler completely out of the picture in relation to military decisions and we're living in a totally different world right now.

Hogan11
09-25-2009, 08:23 PM
Oh boy, what did I start?

I think it's getting time for me to chime in with that quote Ha!

atomicbloke
09-25-2009, 08:24 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CbOfxnrD8w0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CbOfxnrD8w0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:rofl::rofl::twokisses:twokisses:thumbsup::thumbsu p::thumbs::thumbs::giggle::giggle:

Houshyamama
09-25-2009, 08:27 PM
Cincinnati didn't deserve to win ****. Their only scoring drive was almost as lucky as Stokely's game winning tipped catch. Anyone who watched that game and didn't think the Broncos deserved that good luck is bona fide mentally retarded.

broncosteven
09-25-2009, 08:28 PM

Manstein?

Guderian argued that the supply train was too strung out which it was but no one could convice Hitler what the facts were.

I read Guderian's Panzer Attack book, he was the only one with enough balls to confront Hitler on the lack of tanks and supply's. I haven't read Mansteins book yet but I have a copy in my read pile.

Paulus was a commie at heart.

Arkie
09-25-2009, 08:42 PM
Depend on the rabbit's foot if you will, but remember it didn't work for the rabbit.

spdirty
09-25-2009, 09:03 PM
Wonder if refs give our opponents 34 makeup calls like they did last year for the chargers.

We might not have deserved to win that game, but CU didnt deserve to beat Michigan, Boston College didnt deserve to beat Miami, Pittsburgh didnt deserve to beat Oakland, and Cal didnt deserve to beat John Elway and his lil minions. But what happened happened. Deal with it. And shut up about it.

God, not like either team will make the playoffs this year anyway.

ZONA
09-25-2009, 09:10 PM
The Bengals did not deserve to win that game. We moved the ball deep inside their side of the field late in the game with that play from Buckhalter and one of the refs decided to make up some phantom holding call on the center to move us all the way back. We've been over this a thousand times already. It was the worst holding call of the year and that ref should have his stripes removed just for that one play, it was that bad. So we would have scored either a TD or FG for sure and the tip pass would not have been needed.

Boss Man
09-25-2009, 09:13 PM
i agree i cant stand this **** if they truly "deserved to win" they would have won, end of story.

if they truly should have won we would not even been in a position to win the game with a miracle play...

BroncoLifer
09-25-2009, 09:24 PM
Manstein?

Guderian argued that the supply train was too strung out which it was but no one could convice Hitler what the facts were.

I read Guderian's Panzer Attack book, he was the only one with enough balls to confront Hitler on the lack of tanks and supply's. I haven't read Mansteins book yet but I have a copy in my read pile.

The Russian generals of importance at Stalingrad were Chuikov (hanging on to the city) and Zhukov (the counterattack).

Be careful about taking either Guderian or Mainstein (especially) at face value -- their memoirs employed very selective memories and lots of hindsight.

atomicbloke
09-25-2009, 09:25 PM
It's not as if the Broncos were dominated throughout the game and only won on a lucky tip. The tip was indeed lucky, but the Broncos were in no way outplayed in that game.

The much maligned Broncos defense did shut out the Bengals high powered offense for more than 59 minutes in to the contest.

So perhaps Denver did deserve that win.

gyldenlove
09-25-2009, 09:47 PM
The Chargers genuinely deserved to win the first game last year, they got cheated out of a win because of a stupid mistake by the ref. But short of a situation like that the team that wins always deserves it, they scored more points.

400HZ
09-25-2009, 10:01 PM
That game didn't deserve to be televised.

DarkHorse30
09-25-2009, 10:34 PM
remember when.....

Elway threw into the endzone v. the vikes and McCaffrey grabbed the ball off a defenders shoulderpads and fell in for the win?

the immaculate reception?

the tuck?

....and the list goes on.

How about this: the blatant nocall when STOKELY was mauled on the first drive? That DRIVE COULD HAVE CHANGED THE WHOLE GAME.

That's why it's football, and that's why we watch

Inkana7
09-25-2009, 10:45 PM

It was von Blucher and the Prussians that did Napoleon in at Waterloo, not Wellington.

Atlas
09-25-2009, 10:57 PM
The British had no reason to lose to a bunch of ragtag farmers either.

Archer81
09-25-2009, 10:59 PM
Only two things predetermined in life is taxes and death. Everything else is up for debate. If the Bengals were supposed to/deserve to win, they would have.

:Broncos:

Archer81
09-25-2009, 11:00 PM
The British had no reason to lose to a bunch of ragtag farmers either.

I wonder if the King called them astroturfers...

ghwk
09-25-2009, 11:47 PM
Dammit Snoopy deserved to shoot down the Red Baron. Never did though.

listopencil
09-26-2009, 12:19 AM
Dumervil doesn't deserve to be held on every snap.

ChSuperStar
09-26-2009, 01:00 AM
I'm sorry for my dated rant that completely doesn't deserve its own thread, but I've been hearing this for the past two weeks off-line, and it's pissing me off the more and more I think about it.

Our opponents made a mistake and we took advantage of it. If you think about it, that's what football is. Whether it's a blown coverage in the 2nd quarter, a missed gap assignment in the 3rd quarter, perhaps pass interference in the 4th quarter, or whatever. That's what football is, when you're presented an opportunity, take advantage of it.

Lucky, yeah probably, we got an opportunity late in the game. Not deserving, gtfo. As the team that took advantage of the mistake we were certainly more deserving than the team that committed the mistake.

/rant

Yesterday my neighbour was talking about something and when i looked over he was talking to himself.. what a donkey, he must be ... LOL

Malcontent
09-26-2009, 01:05 AM
Hitler napped while his subordinates screeched for him to awaken and send in the Panzers..It never happened...Thank the lord for hangovers in this particular instance..

BroncoMan4ever
09-26-2009, 01:06 AM
bull**** that Cinci should have won. we completely dominated them the entire day we just couldn't put it into the end zone.

uplink
09-26-2009, 02:00 AM
KC should have fielded that kick-off and beat the chargers at home last year, and Shanny would have made the playoffs and would still be in Denver along with Cutler and the rest of the Shanny crew.

BroncoMan4ever
09-26-2009, 02:05 AM
KC should have fielded that kick-off and beat the chargers at home last year, and Shanny would have made the playoffs and would still be in Denver along with Cutler and the rest of the Shanny crew.

yeah but so would Slowik and his inept defense. so if to get rid of that crap it meant getting rid of a coach who should have been replaced 7 years ago, and a QB who has a ****load of potential but doesn't have the mental toughness to put it all together, i am all for them missing that onside kick and getting us moving in a new direction.

errand
09-26-2009, 04:52 AM

He was promoted to Field Marshal the day before he capitulated. First time a Field Marshal had surrendered in the history of the German Army.

errand
09-26-2009, 04:57 AM

His final words were, "where the **** did all these Indians come from?"

errand
09-26-2009, 05:02 AM

BTW, did you know that Adam Vinatieri's great, great grandfather was in the band that Custer took with him into almost every battle...save for the Battle of Little Big Horn.

errand
09-26-2009, 05:09 AM
You take Hitler completely out of the picture in relation to military decisions and we're living in a totally different world right now.

I doubt it, mainly because of the United States....sure the Germans had brilliant military leaders, but we had our share of them too.....and of course the indomitable fighting spirit of the US armed forces.

Taking Hitler out of the military equation would have only postponed the inevitable.

errand
09-26-2009, 05:12 AM
It was von Blucher and the Prussians that did Napoleon in at Waterloo, not Wellington.

I don't recall him saying anything about Waterloo.....

errand
09-26-2009, 05:13 AM
I wonder if the King called them astroturfers...

No, but I'm sure the word MOB came out once or twice...LOL

Cito Pelon
09-26-2009, 08:36 AM
Manstein?

What the Nazi's needed was 4WD trucks and something equivalent to the 4WD Jeep. Not to mention winter uniforms. So yeah, they had supply troubles. They needed 4WD vehicles in all the theatres, actually. Why they decided to attack the USSR in the first place I don't know. I remember reading somewhere the Soviets revered the name 'Studebaker' because that was the maker of the 4WD trucks we sent over to them during the war. And made them pay for in gold, BTW.

Gort
09-26-2009, 09:25 AM

that would be Zhukov.

uplink
09-26-2009, 09:35 AM
yeah but so would Slowik and his inept defense. so if to get rid of that crap it meant getting rid of a coach who should have been replaced 7 years ago, and a QB who has a ****load of potential but doesn't have the mental toughness to put it all together, i am all for them missing that onside kick and getting us moving in a new direction.

I wasn't trying to say Shanny deserved to stay just saying that one kick changed everything.

Gort
09-26-2009, 09:39 AM
He was promoted to Field Marshal the day before he capitulated. First time a Field Marshal had surrendered in the history of the German Army.

91,000 German POWs surrendered there and were shipped off to the gulags of Siberia. 10 years later, only 5000 were left alive to be sent back to Germany.

uplink
09-26-2009, 09:42 AM
Although Hitler was a mental midget when it came to all things military

I know Hitler was a very bad guy and I don't support what he did but IMO he was not a mental midget in this area. I think he believed in the bold move/risk taking strategy and it paid off big early in the war but eventually caught up with him later on. Part of the reason he gained so much power in Germany was due to his early military successes taking back the Rhineland etc. etc.

Cito Pelon
09-26-2009, 09:46 AM
I can picture a Cincy fan hunched over his fifteenth beer at a bar mumbling over and over, "They desherved to win that game, they desherved to win that game".

Gort
09-26-2009, 09:49 AM
I doubt it, mainly because of the United States....sure the Germans had brilliant military leaders, but we had our share of them too.....and of course the indomitable fighting spirit of the US armed forces.

Taking Hitler out of the military equation would have only postponed the inevitable.

Germany could never have won that war. Russia held some of their best Siberian troops in the east for fear of a Japanese invasion. once those troops were moved to the west, the Germans were stalemated. USA's industrial might allowed us to produce so many more aircraft & tanks than the Germans that it was inevitable that they'd lose a war of attrition. before entering the war, this industrial might was used to help Britain and Russia via lend-lease (they got about 85% of everything we "lent").

doonwise
09-26-2009, 01:50 PM

lol!

gyldenlove
09-26-2009, 02:29 PM
Germany could never have won that war. Russia held some of their best Siberian troops in the east for fear of a Japanese invasion. once those troops were moved to the west, the Germans were stalemated. USA's industrial might allowed us to produce so many more aircraft & tanks than the Germans that it was inevitable that they'd lose a war of attrition. before entering the war, this industrial might was used to help Britain and Russia via lend-lease (they got about 85% of everything we "lent").

Germany couldn't have won because they had limited supplies, production and personnel while Russia could keep rolling. For every Russian soldier that died they could round up 2 country boys from central Russia.

Archer81
09-26-2009, 02:45 PM
Germany couldn't have won because they had limited supplies, production and personnel while Russia could keep rolling. For every Russian soldier that died they could round up 2 country boys from central Russia.

Whats funny is the German economy did not hit 100% of its capacity until 1944. Imagine if they got it going 5 years sooner? Even with all the resources and manpower of the allies, we could have lost, and a german seperate peace was a real possibility with the USSR through 1944. WWII is a war of what ifs? What if the Japanese went North in december, 1941 instead of south? The Japanese in the east and the Germans in the west would have beaten the USSR, leaving the UK to fight a Germany in control of all of Europe and 3/4 of the Asian USSR.

errand
09-26-2009, 02:49 PM
91,000 German POWs surrendered there and were shipped off to the gulags of Siberia. 10 years later, only 5000 were left alive to be sent back to Germany.

..and amazingly we have people here in America who think communism is a good thing. I'm just saying.

Bronx33
09-26-2009, 02:55 PM
American Proverb it's never over till it's over....

Cito Pelon
09-26-2009, 03:07 PM

That was a brutal war. Two of my uncles were in that war. One in the 8th AF on B-17's, one in the 1st Marines in the Pacific. We had four great-uncles killed in WWI. IIRC, Denmark's role in those wars was to provide the Kiel Canal.

maher_tyler
09-26-2009, 03:31 PM

/rant

These people are idiots and you are 110% correct. These people argue just to argue. You should have brought up that the game they played against the Vikings was a closer score and they are favored to make it to the super bowl!

Cito Pelon
09-26-2009, 03:34 PM
Hey, gyldenlove, how many Jews did you Denmark people turn over to the Nazis to be shipped out to Auschwitz? 5,000? 10,000? 20,000?

Osciewicz I think is the Polish name, and they gleefully aided in the effort.

Bronx33
09-26-2009, 04:02 PM
how the **** did this thread get on the holocaust?

Hogan11
09-26-2009, 06:12 PM
how the **** did this thread get on the holocaust?

Ya got me...maybe because it's Raider Week and Hitler always was a Fade fan.....
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ASmXezdIxTA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ASmXezdIxTA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

errand
09-26-2009, 07:44 PM
good one hogan

broncogary
09-26-2009, 08:00 PM
Ya got me...maybe because it's Raider Week and Hitler always was a Fade fan.....
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ASmXezdIxTA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ASmXezdIxTA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Now that's what I call a "true" fan. Hilarious!

Hogan11
09-27-2009, 01:21 AM
Hitler as a Bills fan on the signing of TO Ha!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/okhiJjuefPw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/okhiJjuefPw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-27-2009, 07:32 AM

/rant

My question when I hear this: "What team that deserves to win trails for 58 minutes? What team that deserves to win can't score until late in the fourth quarter against a prevent defensive alignment?" Deserve to win my ass.

Orange_Beard
09-27-2009, 09:30 AM
Scoreboard.

Spider
09-27-2009, 09:59 AM

Meh ....... nope , Japan was the one that miscalculated....... The Bismark was impressive , but the allies would have controlled the trade routes ........ starved them out eventually ..

Jason in LA
09-27-2009, 10:58 AM
"Deserve" is the wrong word to use. Cincy "should" have won, but they certainly didn't "deserve" to win. Saying that they "deserved" to win implies that they were cheated in some way. But they lost fair and square.

Premier-Ace55
09-27-2009, 01:39 PM
Scoreboard.

Really this thread should have ended with this comment thank you for posting it.