PDA

View Full Version : Knowshon, Stokley miss Friday practice

SoDak Bronco
09-25-2009, 02:01 PM
There were some surprises on the Broncosí injury report Friday. Rookie running back Knowshon Moreno did not participate in the Friday practice because of a groin injury. Veteran receiver Brandon Stokley also didnít practice Friday because of a thigh injury.

Stokley also didnít practice Wednesday because of his thigh injury but he returned on a limited basis Thursday. Moreno was not previously listed on the injury report so he apparently suffered the groin injury during practice Thursday.

Both Moreno and Stokley are listed as questionable for the game Sunday at Oakland. Stokleyís gimpy status could mean veteran receiver Brandon Lloyd will be activated Sunday for the first time since signing with the Broncos.

On the encouraging side of the injury report, left guard Ben Hamilton returned to practice after missing Thursday with a hamstring injury. Hamilton is listed as probable for the Raidersí game.

BMarsh615
09-25-2009, 02:07 PM
Here is the link. http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2009/09/25/knowshon-stokley-miss-friday-practice/

That really sucks. Losing Stokley is a bigger loss than Knowshon at this point IMO.

Beantown Bronco
09-25-2009, 02:10 PM
paging Tombstone

baja
09-25-2009, 02:12 PM
That doesn't mean they won't play

Rabb
09-25-2009, 02:13 PM

exactly

they are sitting them out so they CAN play after they heal a bit

Houshyamama
09-25-2009, 02:17 PM
exactly

they are sitting them out so they CAN play after they heal a bit

You never know what to expect with McBelichick Jr.

BMarsh615
09-25-2009, 02:19 PM

Questionable 90/100 times means they won't play.

baja
09-25-2009, 02:21 PM

Really so what's "doubtful"?

Rabb
09-25-2009, 02:24 PM
You never know what to expect with McBelichick Jr.

:deadhorse

cutthemdown
09-25-2009, 02:24 PM
Questionable more like 50/50 they will play. Doubtful like 90% they won't play. Probable means like 10% they won't play.

Taco John
09-25-2009, 02:32 PM
Go ahead and call me a conspiracy theorist - but I don't believe it. I may well be wrong, but beating Oakland is so important for McDaniels (I don't care what anyone says - it is), and I believe that he's leaving no stone unturned here. I think this is gamesmanship. And if it is, I think that it's brilliant.

I could be wrong. Let's hope not.

Baba Booey
09-25-2009, 02:35 PM
http://i36.tinypic.com/rk1vn4.gif

Anaximines
09-25-2009, 02:39 PM
http://i36.tinypic.com/rk1vn4.gif

very nice!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

SonOfLe-loLang
09-25-2009, 02:44 PM
Go ahead and call me a conspiracy theorist - but I don't believe it. I may well be wrong, but beating Oakland is so important for McDaniels (I don't care what anyone says - it is), and I believe that he's leaving no stone unturned here. I think this is gamesmanship. And if it is, I think that it's brilliant.

Could be, though im not sure why it would matter since Buck and Moreno have incredibly similar running styles. So its not like their gameplan would have to change much.

Los Broncos
09-25-2009, 02:44 PM
The new Curb is awesome Hilarious!

"it may take 2, 3 maybe 4 years"

TonyR
09-25-2009, 02:52 PM
If Knowshon's injury is legit I'm going to start worrying about the durability of my Adopt-a-Bronco...

Taco John
09-25-2009, 03:11 PM
On the other hand, if Knowshon really is hurt and ends up not playing this weekend, it would be interesting to see if Hillis got to pick up the carries that Knowshon leaves open.

elsid13
09-25-2009, 03:22 PM
On the other hand, if Knowshon really is hurt and ends up not playing this weekend, it would be interesting to see if Hillis got to pick up the carries that Knowshon leaves open.

I would serious doubt that Hillis will get any more carries if Moreno is out. It will be Jordan that gets the extra load.

Hulamau
09-25-2009, 03:41 PM
It appears to be a groin tweak. Lets hope the emphasis is on tweak and not pull or tear. This is a game we can really use Knowshon got to establish the run and loosen up the Raider s pass defense. If KM cant go then Buckhalter and Hillis will be on tap.

If Stokely is out too that isn't good. Marshall better be ready to pull his weight and we'll see a lot of Jabar and Royal in the slot Maybe a dose of Kenny Mc and Lloyd as well? I expect a lot of screens to RBs and outs to the TE's in this game as well to loosen up the running lanes. That's where I wanted to see Knowshon getting some passes in the flats and turning it on. Hope we can pull this one out. Doubt it will be easy in the Black Hole this year.

And we need to shut down their running game get at least a two TD lead in the first half and make Jamarkable hand us the game in the second half.

Knowshon never had any issues in college. Don't think he'll be an injury prone guy, just a little bad luck so far.

c_lazy_r
09-25-2009, 03:43 PM
I would serious doubt that Hillis will get any more carries if Moreno is out. It will be Jordan that gets the extra load.

Which really ****in' sucks if you ask me.

baja
09-25-2009, 03:48 PM
This guy is an injury prone bust. Right!!!

SouthStndJunkie
09-25-2009, 03:52 PM
The new Curb is awesome Hilarious!

"it may take 2, 3 maybe 4 years"

Has the new season started?

labronx
09-25-2009, 03:56 PM

I'm with you.... that's the first thing I thought. He's doing it just to poke old Al..the beauty of it is that KM will perform well regardless. So whether McDaniels(Who will really win me over by beating these jerks in Oakland) is lying....will not matter IF KM plays well. Its like double reverse psychology!! I will be shocked if he actually does miss the game.

Drek
09-25-2009, 04:35 PM

Tom Brady has been on the injury report and listed as "Questionable" every single Sunday since he became the starter. He didn't miss a single game until his knee got blown apart last year.

Its the Belichick/Parcells way that McDaniels is carrying with him. Its a bit of gamesmanship like TJ said, but not just for Raider week. Its for the rest of the season and the rest of his tenure here. If he starts listing guys as "questionable" who then go out and drop 100 yards rushing or receiving on Sunday then the next week our opponent will look at the injury report and have a good laugh.

It might only be a day or two of preparation it saves a team, but in a league as close and tight as the NFL you can't give up any advantage to the opposition. Them not needing to game plan for a playmaker is a big edge.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-25-2009, 05:09 PM

last week...thats what the clip is from

Los Broncos
09-25-2009, 05:21 PM

It did on Sunday, maybe watch it on demand if you have it.

garandman
09-25-2009, 05:31 PM
Its nice to "Hope" these Parcells/Bellicheck conspiracy theories check out, but missing a practice is not a good sign...

SouthStndJunkie
09-25-2009, 06:18 PM
It did on Sunday, maybe watch it on demand if you have it.

Sweet....that is my favorite series on tv....nice to have them back again.

Broncosfreak_56
09-25-2009, 06:40 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y208/bluefish5/random%20Splendor/we_are_going_to_die.gif

BroncoDoug
09-25-2009, 06:44 PM
Tom Brady has been on the injury report and listed as "Questionable" every single Sunday since he became the starter. He didn't miss a single game until his knee got blown apart last year.

Its the Belichick/Parcells way that McDaniels is carrying with him. Its a bit of gamesmanship like TJ said, but not just for Raider week. Its for the rest of the season and the rest of his tenure here. If he starts listing guys as "questionable" who then go out and drop 100 yards rushing or receiving on Sunday then the next week our opponent will look at the injury report and have a good laugh.

It might only be a day or two of preparation it saves a team, but in a league as close and tight as the NFL you can't give up any advantage to the opposition. Them not needing to game plan for a playmaker is a big edge.

Was it questionable or probable? I thought it was always probable. But anyway, If BStoke is out Marshall better get his head out his arse and step up...

ZONA
09-25-2009, 08:21 PM
Just give the ball to #22 and let him throw some wicked stiff arms and plow ahead.

Broncoman13
09-25-2009, 08:54 PM

WTF? Questionable is 50/50 at worst.

Rock Chalk
09-25-2009, 09:53 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y208/bluefish5/random%20Splendor/we_are_going_to_die.gif

The frown at the end is priceless.

Taco John
09-25-2009, 11:25 PM
The frown at the end is priceless.

Especially with the sub-caption. Priceless.

Bronco X
09-26-2009, 06:59 AM
That really sucks. Losing Stokley is a bigger loss than Knowshon at this point IMO.

But Knowshon is a bigger concern. Stokely has proven to be a durable player in this league... Knowshon has spent quite a bit of time from training camp til now too injured to play or practice... let's hope this does not become routine.

Cito Pelon
09-26-2009, 09:30 AM

That's what I was thinking.

SouthStndJunkie
09-26-2009, 09:55 AM

It frustrates me....just find a way to get the ball in his hands at least 10-12 times a game....dude is a versatile weapon....use him.

alkemical
09-26-2009, 09:59 AM
I don't get it either. I'd think 10-15 touches would be easy for a guy like hillis.

~Crash~
09-26-2009, 10:07 AM
It frustrates me....just find a way to get the ball in his hands at least 10-12 times a game....dude is a versatile weapon....use him.
I don't get this either . hell a roll out pass play after a fake hand off to the running back would rip off 15 yard often .