PDA

View Full Version : poll: What will our record be for the next 6 games?

broncocalijohn
09-25-2009, 12:44 PM
We are 2 and 0 and many (even the naysayers) had us at this mark or 1 and 1. This is by far the toughest 6 games any team will have to face this year. So, I ask you, what will our record be in those 6 games? Feel free to post on the thread which games you have us winning and losing. The main thing, of course, is wins and losses, except winning vs our division rivals is precendent over other games. Here is the schedule
1) @ Chokeland
2) Home Cowboys
3) Home Patriots
4)@ Chargers (MNF)
5)@ Ravens
6) Home Steelers

Poll will end Saturday

bronco militia
09-25-2009, 12:45 PM
I'll wait two more weeks

BroncoInSkinland
09-25-2009, 12:47 PM
2-4 or 3-3. We beat Oakland, and win one or both of the Cowboys or Patriots games (both of those teams look considerably worse than I had expected), but lose the last three. I went with the optomistic 3-3 for voting purposes.

broncocalijohn
09-25-2009, 12:48 PM
I'll wait two more weeks

it is free! No charge to do it now. I will take 3 and 3 and just hope it is Chargers, Raiders and any of the rest. My homerism says 4 and 2 but too early for that one. I do have higher hope that we are better than previously thought and other teams arent as good as advertised. Of course, that can change and normally does. We come out .500 after the 6 games, we are 5-3 after 8 games which has more wins than sooooo many here at the mane (and places like espn).

broncocalijohn
09-25-2009, 12:49 PM
damn, forgot to make it public.

AlphaOmega
09-25-2009, 12:51 PM
How come 6-0 wasn't an option?

tsiguy96
09-25-2009, 12:51 PM
none of these teams are as great as they were made out to be. they have all been exposed as having a glaring weakness at some point this year and mayn defeated by lesser opponents or close to it.

TexanBob
09-25-2009, 12:53 PM
none of these teams are as great as they were made out to be. they have all been exposed as having a glaring weakness at some point this year and mayn defeated by lesser opponents or close to it.

You're holding up a mirror to the Broncos, right?

broncocalijohn
09-25-2009, 12:58 PM

just like 0-6 wasnt available. I want more of an intelligent poll. This also makes the trolls of the other teams have to at least have the Broncos win one game (because you know they would vote 0-6). Tell ya what. If the Broncos go 6-0, I will give you my season tickets for one game this year. If Broncos not go 6-0, well, I choose. I think ive seen pics of you !Booya!

Doggcow
09-25-2009, 12:58 PM
4-2, 2-0 then 2-2.

BroncoBuff
09-25-2009, 01:01 PM
damn, forgot to make it public.

Start over ... just 10 votes so far

tsiguy96
09-25-2009, 01:07 PM
You're holding up a mirror to the Broncos, right?

do you understand what im saying? none of these teams are unbeatable. chargers put up like 30 on ravens, pats almost got beat by bills and DID get beat by jets. chargers ALLOWEd 30 some points against the RAVENS. steelers lost to the ancient D and horrible O-skill position bears, albeit reed did NOT help.

OBF1
09-25-2009, 01:12 PM
3-3 sounds about right.

broncocalijohn
09-25-2009, 01:17 PM
Start over ... just 10 votes so far

I guess you all need to tell us in post and be honest. I have you down for 4-2, right? !Booya!

jhat01
09-25-2009, 01:22 PM
4-2..We lose to NE and Balt. Homer on boys, homer on!!!

Mr. Elway
09-25-2009, 01:31 PM
I'm going with 3-3, and I think if we can accomplish that it would be an impressive showing.

Br0nc0Buster
09-25-2009, 01:31 PM
wow that is rough

I think we *should* beat Oakland, and I would hope we can win 2 games between the rest

Ill guess 3-3, which would put us at 5-3 for the first half of the season....not too shabby I guess

12th man
09-25-2009, 01:42 PM
We are 2 and 0 and many (even the naysayers) had us at this mark or 1 and 1. This is by far the toughest 6 games any team will have to face this year. So, I ask you, what will our record be in those 6 games? Feel free to post on the thread which games you have us winning and losing. The main thing, of course, is wins and losses, except winning vs our division rivals is precendent over other games. Here is the schedule
1) @ Chokeland
2) Home Cowboys
3) Home Patriots
4)@ Chargers (MNF)
5)@ Ravens
6) Home Steelers

Poll will end Saturday

Im sure that we will win the Raider game, but it will be a close win. I also see us winning against the Cowboys and the Patriots in front of our home crowd. The Cowboys D does not look good and Romo is overrated. As for the Pats, if we continue playing great D and keep the pressure on Brady, I see us winning this game. Plus we have always owned the Patriots. It will be another close one though.

The chargers are definately beatable, but I think they still beat us at their house on MNF. We get our revenge later in the year. The Ravans are arguably the best team in the afc. We lose this one. plus, just as we have the patriots number, the ravans has ours.

I think the Steeler game is going to be a great game. It's going to be a low scoring defensive game. Pitts Oline still looks bad and we could get to Rothlesburger with no problem. Hopefully we could pressure him enough for a couple of int's with our stellar secondary. Their defense though will still give us problems. It's gonna be a reall close one, but we win because of our D, and also because I'll be at the game, and we have only lost twice to games I have gone to.

So for the next 6 games we go 4-2, wich puts us at 6-2 at the middle of the season.

crawdad
09-25-2009, 01:46 PM
+1

Pick Six
09-25-2009, 01:51 PM
I'm actually scared of this week. Oakland can be dangerous, and it's in the S*** Hole. That being said, I think 4-2 sounds about right. Baltimore will be tough to win.

baja
09-25-2009, 01:53 PM
We'll win all the home games We got the mile high magic back thanks to Josh's conditioning program and his letting Tuten do his job.. So that means we win;

Cowboys @ Mile High

Patriots @ Mile High

Steelers @ Mile High

Also we will beat;

Oakland in Oakland

Chargers in SD (MNF)

This one we lose @ Ravens

WolfpackGuy
09-25-2009, 01:56 PM
2-4 with wins coming over OAK and PIT

BABronco
09-25-2009, 02:03 PM
1) @ Chokeland 27-17 den
2) Home Cowboys 17-14 den
3) Home Patriots 21-20 pats
4)@ Chargers (MNF) 28-17 chargers
5)@ Ravens 14-9 den
6) Home Steelers 20-10 den

Rabb
09-25-2009, 02:31 PM
I have us at 2-4, wins over the Faid and Dallas

colonelbeef
09-25-2009, 02:39 PM
Hy heart says 3-3, my brain says 2-4. 5-3 at the halfway point would be nice though

baja
09-25-2009, 02:51 PM
I'm the only one that voted 5 and 1

You guys are clearly not fans.... ;D

TonyR
09-25-2009, 02:57 PM
Tough call. I'm going to ride the fence and go with 3-3 while hoping for better and bracing for worse.

Baba Booey
09-25-2009, 03:05 PM
I'll be happy with 3-3

Los Broncos
09-25-2009, 03:13 PM
I'm going with 2-4, I hope I'm wrong.

Cito Pelon
09-25-2009, 03:16 PM
3-3 sounds like a safe choice. But 4-2 sounds doable.

BlaK-Argentina
09-25-2009, 03:17 PM
3-3 but I'm hoping for an undefeated season. ;D

Merlin
09-25-2009, 03:43 PM
I picked 3-3, but I honestly don't see us winning more than 1. Although I see Tsiguy's point regarding the weakness of the other teams, we also have to recognize we are weaker. If we come out 3-3, I'm on board for expecting the playoffs, but I still see far too many wholes in our team (or perhaps better stated, I'm still not a believer that this D is as good as seems on paper thus far, and this offense has yet to show signs it can carry anything).

DivineLegion
09-25-2009, 03:59 PM
All I care about right now is Beating the Raiders and the Ravens. Im still bitter over losing John Mobley, and Shannons touchdown in the playoffs. 4-2, we stop the NFL hype machine and McD starts off golden against the silver and black.

tsiguy96
09-25-2009, 05:39 PM
I picked 3-3, but I honestly don't see us winning more than 1. Although I see Tsiguy's point regarding the weakness of the other teams, we also have to recognize we are weaker. If we come out 3-3, I'm on board for expecting the playoffs, but I still see far too many wholes in our team (or perhaps better stated, I'm still not a believer that this D is as good as seems on paper thus far, and this offense has yet to show signs it can carry anything).

you really, honestly think that we only win 1 of our next 6? i realize we havent played any great teams but come on. the team looks good and is only gonna get better especially on offense while nearly every team on that list is weaker than last year.

Pick Six
09-25-2009, 06:06 PM
I'm the only one that voted 5 and 1

You guys are clearly not fans.... ;D

If we start the season 5-1, McDaniels will be the early favorite for Coach of the Year. Write it down...:thumbs:

frerottenextelway
09-25-2009, 06:20 PM
I think we'll beat the raiders then lose the next 5. Tough stretch, although it isn't too crazy to see a win from either the Cowboys or Pats.

baja
09-25-2009, 06:25 PM
If we start the season 5-1, McDaniels will be the early favorite for Coach of the Year. Write it down...:thumbs:

I already got a thread proclaiming him the coach of the year... ;D

baja
09-25-2009, 06:29 PM

Oh and the 5 and 1 is for the next 6 games so that would make us 7 and 1 given that we are 2 and 0 now.

Rock Chalk
09-25-2009, 06:50 PM
4-2, losses in back to back weeks against SD and Baltimore.

AlphaOmega
09-25-2009, 06:56 PM
just like 0-6 wasnt available. I want more of an intelligent poll. This also makes the trolls of the other teams have to at least have the Broncos win one game (because you know they would vote 0-6). Tell ya what. If the Broncos go 6-0, I will give you my season tickets for one game this year. If Broncos not go 6-0, well, I choose. I think ive seen pics of you !Booya!

I'm somebody from WAY back, but... I might be some what familiar to Bronco fans! ;)
BTW those pics might be air brushed.

frerottenextelway
09-25-2009, 06:57 PM
4-2, losses in back to back weeks against SD and Baltimore.

Beat Pittsburgh? If a Kyle Orton led Broncos team beats Pittsburgh, it'll almost be the best day of my life. At least more trash talking around my part of the woods than the SB wins.

Don't think we have a chance against them tho.

Punisher
09-25-2009, 07:04 PM
I have us at 2-4, wins over the Faid and Dallas

http://img331.imageshack.us/img331/4541/lolbottle6hd.gif

SHUT THE **** UP!

errand
09-26-2009, 04:59 AM

Can you imagine that? I can...shame few on here can't.

loborugger
09-26-2009, 06:22 AM
Can you imagine that? I can...shame few on here can't.

I can, too. Its very unrealistic, but I can imagine it, too. If we get thru that stretch 3 and 3, then our season will be going much better than 98% of the world thought.

JPEZ
09-26-2009, 06:40 AM
Im sure that we will win the Raider game, but it will be a close win. I also see us winning against the Cowboys and the Patriots in front of our home crowd. The Cowboys D does not look good and Romo is overrated. As for the Pats, if we continue playing great D and keep the pressure on Brady, I see us winning this game. Plus we have always owned the Patriots. It will be another close one though.

The chargers are definately beatable, but I think they still beat us at their house on MNF. We get our revenge later in the year. The Ravans are arguably the best team in the afc. We lose this one. plus, just as we have the patriots number, the ravans has ours.

I think the Steeler game is going to be a great game. It's going to be a low scoring defensive game. Pitts Oline still looks bad and we could get to Rothlesburger with no problem. Hopefully we could pressure him enough for a couple of int's with our stellar secondary. Their defense though will still give us problems. It's gonna be a reall close one, but we win because of our D, and also because I'll be at the game, and we have only lost twice to games I have gone to.

So for the next 6 games we go 4-2, wich puts us at 6-2 at the middle of the season.

I agree with everything you just said, but I think we get a win in either Baltimore or SD. :thumbsup: I'm known to evaluate with my orange and blue glasses on every now and then. ;D

CEH
09-26-2009, 07:48 AM
1st game of the year is irrelevant when trying to predict future state.
We really won't know how good teams are until week 4 when teams start reviewing the last four games and gameplan around trends

SD starts slow , Balt looks like the real deal. Pitts lost on two
two missed FGs by a pretty good kicker.

I think I'd rather play the Titans and Mia over Indy and NE so the division record and those two game to me is really the season.

I'll consider this year a sucess if we can go 4-2 in the division with a win over SD. No team in our division will win alot of games outside the division

Cito Pelon
09-26-2009, 07:58 AM

I'll be shocked if we only win one of the 6.

A key will be how well Champ plays. Teams like Balt, SD, Pitt, NE, Dallas, they'll go after Champ unlike CLE who I don't think tried him a single time.

Also, Denver's D has been very strong against the run consistently. The run D will get tested by Balt and Dallas, but Marion Barber is injured right now. Other than those two these teams have not been strong running teams so far. Add in LeKevin to the rotation coming back from injury.

I think 3-3 is reasonable.

errand
09-26-2009, 10:59 AM
How funny would it be that we go 5-1 over the next 6 games, and our only loss is to Raiders?

The NFL requires the teams to play the games....and only then will they decide who won it. The point being we stand just as good a chnce to beat these teams as they do to beat us. The schedule is tough, but Josh has this team thinking about the team instead of the individual....and that will get us thru it.

BroncoMan4ever
09-26-2009, 01:38 PM
1) @ Chokeland WIN (no explanation needed)
2) Home Cowboys WIN (they are vastly overrated)
3) Home Patriots WIN (they are not the world beaters they used to be, they miss McD)
4)@ Chargers (MNF) LOSS(we beat them at home later in the season)
5)@ Ravens LOSS (they may be just too strong for us)
6) Home Steelers WIN(these aren't the Steelers that won the super bowl)

4-2 for the next 6, meaning we open the 1st half of the season at 6-2

Hogan11
09-26-2009, 02:16 PM
We're only losing to the Ravens out of this stretch and even that's iffy.

This is going to be like the 2005 season all over again. Just like then, no football expert under the sun gives the team a chance in any meaningful game and keeps saying the D improvement is all smoke and mirrors. Is Orton really that far from what Plummer was?? Hmmmmm. Pass the Kouchie on the left hand side Ha!

FireFly
09-26-2009, 10:37 PM
Probably 2-4?

Archer81
09-26-2009, 10:38 PM
I voted for 3-3, but thinking 4-2 is more probable. Not one of the teams we play in the next 6 weeks has shown themselves to be world beaters.

:Broncos:

broncocalijohn
10-07-2009, 10:14 PM

just like 0-6 wasnt available. I want more of an intelligent poll. This also makes the trolls of the other teams have to at least have the Broncos win one game (because you know they would vote 0-6). Tell ya what. If the Broncos go 6-0, I will give you my season tickets for one game this year. If Broncos not go 6-0, well, I choose. I think ive seen pics of you

BUMP...Crap! I better make it next year. Alpha, one game, one ticket, probably OMane weekend (or maybe a preseason game of 2). Any changes on the thinking as we won 2 ogf the first 2 games of the poll. 4 games left and are tough ones. I am thinking 2 and 2 can be achieved even though I stated 3 and 3 in the poll and 4 and 2 as my homer pick. Just wish it was public poll.

Hogan11
10-07-2009, 10:51 PM
Post #50 Baby......Pass the Kouchie!!

errand
10-08-2009, 05:24 AM
Post #50 Baby......Pass the Kouchie!!

Sonic Youth? "Pass the Dutchie from the left hand side", was actually the "Kouchie" , they were doing a cover of the song, but because they weren't adults at the time, they changed the word to "dutchie"....LOLLOL

Hogan11
10-08-2009, 06:46 AM
Sonic Youth? "Pass the Dutchie from the left hand side", was actually the "Kouchie" , they were doing a cover of the song, but because they weren't adults at the time, they changed the word to "dutchie"....LOLLOL

Musical Youth actually, but you're right. I was just looking for something a bit different from drinking the Kool Aid and came up with that.

It does appear to becoming true though....2005 all over again 8')