PDA

View Full Version : Is Nnamdi better then champ?

Quoydogs
09-25-2009, 12:44 AM
This was posted on the other board, I thought it was a valid question and would like to know what you guys think.

I think champ has him, I will give it to you that he is a little older now and last year was not the best he has had but the front seven were so poor last year how can you judge his play off of that?

Also I think people will still throw at Nnamdi and for the most part they are smart and will not even throw to champs side.

Your thoughts?

Doggcow
09-25-2009, 01:00 AM
I still think Champ is the most complete CB to ever play the game.

dbroncos31
09-25-2009, 01:21 AM
Nnamdi is better right now, but not as good as Champ was in 05-06

Taco John
09-25-2009, 01:24 AM

With due respect to Champ, I would give that distinction to Mr. Darrell Green.

Louis Wright wasn't so bad himself, though he doesn't get the credit he deserves. But his 11 years falls short of Green's very productive 19.

Florida_Bronco
09-25-2009, 02:03 AM
Champ, until proven otherwise.

rmsanger
09-25-2009, 02:45 AM
Yes, at this moment him and Revis are better than Champ! Ocho doesn't make those catches against either of those guys...

UberBroncoMan
09-25-2009, 05:44 AM
With due respect to Champ, I would give that distinction to Mr. Darrell Green.

Louis Wright wasn't so bad himself, though he doesn't get the credit he deserves. But his 11 years falls short of Green's very productive 19.

Everyone take a guess who Champ learned from the first four of his five years in Washington?

Punisher
09-25-2009, 06:40 AM
1.Nnamdi
2.D. Revis
3.Champ
4.C. Finnegan
5.S. Brown

TonyR
09-25-2009, 06:41 AM
Everybody hates him but Deion Sanders was a phenomenal CB. Others who are certainly part of the "all time" conversation are Mel Blount, Rod Woodson, Mike Haynes and, although well before my time, Dick "Night Train" Lane.

cmhargrove
09-25-2009, 06:58 AM
If Nnamdi stays with the Raiders, the world may never know...

However, let's look at the facts.
Career averages for both players (per year):

Nnamdi 37.5 tackles and 1.6 INT's per year

Champ 54.7 tackles and 4.3 INT's per year

Despite what you think, Nnamdi only has 10 INT's in his entire career. Champ put up 10 INT's in a single year (2006). You pick the winner.

SoDak Bronco
09-25-2009, 07:22 AM
1.Nnamdi
2.D. Revis
3.Champ
4.C. Finnegan
5.S. Brown

Finnegan was getting owned by Andre Johnson last week.

Nnamdi
Champ
Revis
Woodson
Winfield

SoDak Bronco
09-25-2009, 07:24 AM
Best Ever-
Dieon Sanders
Rod Woodson
Champ Bailey
Darrell Green
Mel Blount

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-25-2009, 07:28 AM
If Nnamdi stays with the Raiders, the world may never know...

However, let's look at the facts.
Career averages for both players (per year):

Nnamdi 37.5 tackles and 1.6 INT's per year

Champ 54.7 tackles and 4.3 INT's per year

Despite what you think, Nnamdi only has 10 INT's in his entire career. Champ put up 10 INT's in a single year (2006). You pick the winner.

/end thread

tsiguy96
09-25-2009, 07:29 AM
Everybody hates him but Deion Sanders was a phenomenal CB. Others who are certainly part of the "all time" conversation are Mel Blount, Rod Woodson, Mike Haynes and, although well before my time, Dick "Night Train" Lane.

deion could do nothing but cover. he couldnt tackle to do anything else to save his life. also, why did he only become good when he was a cowboy?

Punisher
09-25-2009, 07:33 AM
Finnegan was getting owned by Andre Johnson last week.

Nnamdi
Champ
Revis
Woodson
Winfield

No way champ is better than Revis the last two are arguable

Rock Chalk
09-25-2009, 07:41 AM
Right now Nmandi is probably the most feared CB in the league.

Revis is an up and coming DB.

Finnegan has some skills as does Mathis and Al Harris.

Champ's probably not the best CB anymore, age is starting to show.

That being said, he is the smartest CB playing and the only other person that's close is Woodson (Charles). He's also the most complete CB still. Tackles as well as a LB, sheds blocks, reads routes. He will falter from time to time, but I wouldnt want anyone else.

I hope we keep champ and them move him to safety when its clear CB isn't going to cut it anymore.

2KBack
09-25-2009, 07:44 AM
deion could do nothing but cover. he couldnt tackle to do anything else to save his life. also, why did he only become good when he was a cowboy?

uh, Dieon was a 2 time all-pro and 3 time probowler with atlanta, all-pro with SF. He couldn't tackle, you're right, but he was all world before he went to Dallas.

SoDak Bronco
09-25-2009, 07:46 AM
No way champ is better than Revis the last two are arguable

I think it is closer then you think...I'd still take Champ at this point.

Rock Chalk
09-25-2009, 07:56 AM
Dieon was a phenomenal cover corner. Probably the best I ever saw but that was the beginning and end to his skills.

Peoples Champ
09-25-2009, 08:07 AM

me too, and he is doing it in an Era where the rules are set against him, and favor the offense and WR. He can barely touch a WR. Imagine Champ in the 60's or 70's................SCARY

Peoples Champ
09-25-2009, 08:09 AM
Of course the only way to compare is both CB's in their prime. Since Champ is getting older, right now you cant compare. Im not sure if Nnamdi is in his prime or not. But Champ in his prime was way better then Nnamdi has shown so far.

broncogary
09-25-2009, 08:14 AM

Mel Blount? Give me a break.:rofl:

WolfpackGuy
09-25-2009, 08:17 AM
At the same age, Champ was better than Asomugha.
Rod Woodson pre-1995 knee injury was way better overall than Deion.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-25-2009, 08:18 AM
Deieon doesn't even make my top five. To make my top five you have to be able to tackle since, you know, you play defense. Dur.

CEH
09-25-2009, 08:19 AM
Mel Blount? Give me a break.:rofl:

He listed all the CBs selected to the 75th annivesry team.
Blount played in a era where DBs could knock the WRs out. In this day and age he may have some issues. I think Champ plays in any era.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-25-2009, 08:34 AM

Ummm Deion was sweet when he was a falcon too. He is one of thebest athletes sports has ever seen. He'd play baseball till october, not even attend a football practice, then suit up on a sunday in late october and pick off two passes. Who cares if he couldnt tackle, this guy was a game changer. (was he a niner or cowboy first? Either way, he won super bowls with both, right?)

Oh yeah, he was an awesome kick returner too. Don't get the Deion hate at all.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-25-2009, 08:36 AM
This entire argument is 6 in one hand/half dozen the other. All the above corners are sweet.

rovolution
09-25-2009, 09:04 AM
Ummm Deion was sweet when he was a falcon too. He is one of thebest athletes sports has ever seen. He'd play baseball till october, not even attend a football practice, then suit up on a sunday in late october and pick off two passes. Who cares if he couldnt tackle, this guy was a game changer. (was he a niner or cowboy first? Either way, he won super bowls with both, right?)

Oh yeah, he was an awesome kick returner too. Don't get the Deion hate at all.

he was a falcon first, then a niner for a year, then a cowboy, a redskin, retired, then came back and played a year for the ravens in 2005

Quoydogs
09-25-2009, 09:17 AM
he was a falcon first, then a niner for a year, then a cowboy, a redskin, retired, then came back and played a year for the ravens in 2005

So that's were Bret Favre learned it from:thanku:

nickademus
09-25-2009, 09:23 AM
Dion is the reason that the NFL changed the rules of contact for WR's while he couldnt tackle a sheet on a clothes line, he could prevent a reception better than most and throwing at him was a risk every time now Champ is more of an all around corner who hasnt been the return threat deon was but the only thing nnamdi does it cover. in his prime I would still take champ over Nnamdi and that is just based on cover skills you add everything else and if someone doesnt take champ they are stupid.

DBroncos4life
09-25-2009, 09:56 AM

You are so dumb. All he could do is cover? Only good with the Cowboys? Have you ever seen him return a punt or a kick return? The guy was a game changer. He had 24 INTs with the Falcons in 5 years and forced another 7 fumbles. As for his tackling or lack there of it, really he was OK at it with the Falcons it wasn't till he went to the Cowboys that he started not doing it. He averaged 47.6 tackles per season with the Falcons and a high of 66. He never had more then 40 during a season as a Cowboy. Sanders had 53 career INTs, another 9 FFL's. He had 10 total TDs (INTs FFL's) 9 returns (kick punt) for TDs. He made a name for himself as a Falcons.

TonyR
09-25-2009, 11:51 AM
Don't get the Deion hate at all.

People hate him because he was a show-boater. But if you could see through that you'd see an outstanding football player.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-25-2009, 12:05 PM
People hate him because he was a show-boater. But if you could see through that you'd see an outstanding football player.

Showboating aside, the guy couldn't (or wouldn't) tackle. period. It has nothing to do with showboating. it has to do with him not doing his job.

jhns
09-25-2009, 12:22 PM
Anyone saying there is a player on another team that is better than Champ is an obvious fan of that other team. Please go to their website now. Isn't that how it works? I swear I have heard this all offseason.

Anyways, I don't think there is anyone better than a healthy Champ. The problem is keeping Champ healthy. He has been beat a few times this year so he may have lost a step. It is way to early to say that he has though. I will just keep thinking he is the best and hope that he proves me right.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-25-2009, 12:24 PM
Anyone saying there is a player on another team that is better than Champ is an obvious fan of that other team. Please go to their website now. Isn't that how it works? I swear I have heard this all offseason.

Anyways, I don't think there is anyone better than a healthy Champ. The problem is keeping Champ healthy. He has been beat a few times this year so he may have lost a step. It is way to early to say that he has though. I will just keep thinking he is the best and hope that he proves me right.

You're clearly a retard or a crackhead. How do these crackheads keep accessing the internet?

Damn you, public libraries! Damn you!

I get what you're trying to say, but it's not remotely the same thing, nor is anyone claiming you're a fan of a different team.

Cutler left you. It's time to stop crying and start putting your life back together.

jhns
09-25-2009, 12:31 PM
You're clearly a retard or a crackhead. How do these crackheads keep accessing the internet?

Damn you, public libraries! Damn you!

I get what you're trying to say, but it's not remotely the same thing, nor is anyone claiming you're a fan of a different team.

Cutler left you. It's time to stop crying and start putting your life back together.

They don't allow us in libraries around here. I have to rob houses to get my fix so I just use their computers.

I have had many tell me I am not a fan of this team. It was a sarcastic joke though. It doesn't need to be taken seriously.

Peoples Champ
09-25-2009, 12:41 PM
you guys might be arguing two different things. 1) Deon wasnt a 100 % complete corner 2) deont wasnt a great CB at all time.

Ya sure his sub par tackling ability might not make him 100 percent complete corner, but thats not what his team needed him. His team wanted him to be a game changer and playmaker. Deon did that at a hall of fame level. He did what his team asked of him better than most can. That type of perfermance is what makes him great. (ignoring all flashness or cockyness)

Only analogy I can think of is baseball. Ken Griffy Jr is one of the greatest hitters of all time. He is #5 on the all time HR list, and might have been higher without injuries.

However, he might not be the most "complete hitter". Because he only has a career lifetime average of .285. Other top HR hitters on that list like Ruth and Mantle hit for low to mid.300's career average, so they might be more complete hitters. Griffey didnt hit for average, so he might not be the most complete batter, but still one of the greatest hitter of all times. Thats the best analogy I can think of.

Dedhed
09-25-2009, 01:05 PM
Nnamdi is better right now, but not as good as Champ was in 05-06

Yup

oubronco
09-25-2009, 01:10 PM
**** the Assmuncha