PDA

View Full Version : Steve McNair Wishes You Happy Halloween From Beyond The Grave!

RhymesayersDU
09-24-2009, 07:15 PM
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/09/23/skeletons-depicting-steve-mcnair-sahel-kazemi-featured-in-king/?icid=main|aim|dl1|link2|http%3A%2F%2Fnfl.fanhouse .com%2F2009%2F09%2F23%2Fskeletons-depicting-steve-mcnair-sahel-kazemi-featured-in-king%2F

http://www.blogcdn.com/nfl.fanhouse.com/media/2009/09/mcnair-kazemi-skeletons.jpg

Nothing says Halloween like the fake skeleton of an NFL quarterback murdered by his mistress. At least that was the initial opinion of King's Island Amusement Park -- because, as part of their Halloween Haunt show, a skeleton depicting Steve McNair wearing a No. 9 jersey and holding a Titans helmet with the top blown off was on display, an apparent reference to the two bullet wounds McNair suffered on the night he died. As if that weren't enough, a skeleton depiction of Sahel Kazemi, McNair's 20-year old mistress who Nashville police have said murdered the football star in the early morning hours of July 4, 2009, lies across the McNair skeleton's lap, wearing a piece of slinky red lingerie.

Videos of the display emerged courtesy of a sneak peak given to WLVT in Cincinnati and immediately drew intense scrutiny.

In the display, the McNair figure sits on a couch, assuming the same position in which he was murdered, and the Kazemi figure rests on its lap. At the skeletons' feet, a gun lies on the ground. The couple are just two of the familiar faces included in the Haunt: A skeleton depicting Heath Ledger is shown surrounded by bottles of pills (Ledger overdosed in January 2008), and a skeleton is dressed like Michael Jackson in pajamas. But it's McNair's image alongside his mistress that has the city of Nashville horrified.

George Plaster, the host of Nashville's highest rated radio show at 104.5 The Zone, reacted with outrage. So did the callers on his show Wednesday evening. "I don't think the city is going to take it well at all," Plaster said, "This is a city that prides itself on having some taste and values, and I just can't see anything about what they're doing that has any good taste at all. I was shocked and totally appalled, and I think most people in Nashville are as well."

Kings Island is located 24 miles north of Cincinnati, Ohio, roughly 260 miles from the city of Nashville. It is the second-most visited seasonal theme park in America, behind Cedar Point, and the park does a Halloween-themed event each year. This year's Halloween Haunt debuts on September 25 and runs for 16 nights through Halloween. The Web site advises parents: "Halloween Haunt includes graphic scenes, suggestive themes, and intense imagery and is intended for mature audiences; not recommended for children. No one and nothing is off limits!"

Including an NFL quarterback and his murdering mistress.

When reached by FanHouse, a spokesperson for Kings Island, Don Helbig, said the following, "There will not be a scene at our Halloween event that features Steve McNair or anyone that resembles him."

With video and pictures of the skeletons circulating online, Helbig at first declined to acknowledge that they had ever existed. "There was no reference to Steve McNair at all. No jersey, nothing." Upon being informed that the pictures and video were already online, Helbig again insisted that the skeletons would not be featured on Friday when the event opens. Pressed as to when the skeletons were removed from the park, Helbig stuck to his talking points. "Our event does not open until Friday," he said, "We meant him no disrespect."

bap454
09-24-2009, 07:32 PM
I wonder if they also the career suicide of BMarsh on display?

Archer81
09-24-2009, 07:47 PM
Low class.

:Broncos:

GoHAM
09-24-2009, 07:47 PM
Wow, is that the epitome of tastelessness or what?

Hogan11
09-24-2009, 07:48 PM
Low class.

No class

watermock
09-24-2009, 07:49 PM
Pretty tasteless, despite McNair's squeaky clean image, he WAS with his Mistress.

Somewhere there is golden rule here, or 2.

brncs_fan
09-24-2009, 07:52 PM
You stay classy Cincinnati :thumbsup:

Rock Chalk
09-24-2009, 07:55 PM
I disapprove.

Punisher
09-24-2009, 08:26 PM
:pity:

bfoflcommish
09-24-2009, 09:15 PM
eh I don't see anything wrong myself. i work in the haunt industry and part of what we do is push the envelope with what is normal to the world and bring the general public into a state of uneasiness which in return causes them to enjoy the scares in the haunts which leads to the having the fun the paid to get when they bought as ticket.

Ricght after the Vick fiasco we had a room in our house where a big animatronic dog had 2 bodies in it's pen, one of which was wearing a vick jersey. People got a kick out of it and thus enjoyed themselves.

It's not like they poked fun at innocent people here. what they depicted was truth to a point, and sometimes the truth hurts. Now I would never do that type of scene myself at a death but at the same time it comes with the industry. And in these down times economically this haunt just got priceless free publicity as well as i would bet a ton of curious onlookers will now buy tickets to visit thier attraction. KUDOS!

This is one of those times were the protestors are doing more good for what they are protesting by bringing to forefront. If they never said anything noone would have known thus not have been curious. And those most directly mad probably have never spent nor were going to spend their money to visit anyways so no money lose there, money gain from free publicity.

TexanBob
09-24-2009, 09:25 PM
Tacky and tasteless but, really, isn't that what Halloween is all about? Probably more a case of "too soon" but with Heath Ledger and Michael Jackson part of the exhibit, you could see what they were getting at. Hope they had a Ted Kennedy exhibit too.

atomicbloke
09-24-2009, 09:31 PM
Very poor taste.

rmsanger
09-25-2009, 03:50 AM
I lol'd and would pay to go see a haunted house full of em.... Steve McNair was no saint so why should I cry a river over this?

TDmvp
09-25-2009, 04:45 AM
Typical Cincinnati tho ... As someone who as lived here their whole life , once a week you see a story on the news that before they tell you it's from Ohio , you cringe hoping it aint ... This is one of those moments ...

http://www.fox8.com/media/photo/2009-09/49460653.jpg
Billy Mays

http://www.fox8.com/media/photo/2009-09/49460728.jpg
Farrah Fawcett

A number of other celebrities were featured in the display including Ted Kennedy,Patrick Swayze, and Ed McMahon.

Maybe a big giant Too Soon KI , Too Soon !!! I Mean hell most these people aint been dead a year , not if they had been dead a long time it would be any different .

Here's a link with some of the others ... The Heath Ledger one is just wrong , as all of them are...

http://www.wlwt.com/slideshow/news/21043421/detail.html

rastaman
09-25-2009, 05:05 AM
I wonder if they also the career suicide of BMarsh on display?

Bmarsh isn't committing career suicide just b/c he doesn't want to play in Denver anymore! Teams can let go of a player at anytime. And players can leave a team after their contract is up and enter into FA. What part of that don't you understand???

The NFL is a Business! I thought you knew this fact.:D

rastaman
09-25-2009, 05:07 AM
Tacky and tasteless but, really, isn't that what Halloween is all about? Probably more a case of "too soon" but with Heath Ledger and Michael Jackson part of the exhibit, you could see what they were getting at. Hope they had a Ted Kennedy exhibit too.

Hope one day they add Dick Cheney and Rumsfeld, and Reagan to the exhibit too! :thumbsup:

Miss I.
09-25-2009, 05:34 AM
Pretty crass and tasteless. Partly because it's too soon for some of the celebs, but largely in part of how they did the display. Depicting their real life death scenes is pretty grotesque. Let me put it this way, my grandmother died last year in a hospice, do you think for halloween I want to do a display of an elderly woman in a hospital bed, dead? I think not (just as I don't want to see Farrah or Patrick on their death bed). If I wanted to do something in honor of her, my guess is it wouldn't be that. These celebs that died, have familiies, just because they are famous doesn't give these morons free reign to create tacky displays out of their deaths. I realize famous murders have been on display in a number of venues forever (I mean, I would imagine Jack the Ripper probably has been done a million times). But a little discretion and taste might be in order. But, they got the media attention they wanted so I suppose that's all that matters for them in the end, is how much money will this make them.

HILife
09-25-2009, 05:49 AM
:pity:

:pity: :pity:

UberBroncoMan
09-25-2009, 06:52 AM
It's always weird to still see Billy Mays on TV.

TexanBob
09-25-2009, 02:19 PM
Hope one day they add Dick Cheney and Rumsfeld, and Reagan to the exhibit too! :thumbsup:

And you communists would be the first ones to tell us such an exhibit was "art" and we should understand the artist's rage and not be censors, etc.

broncocalijohn
09-25-2009, 02:30 PM

Yes, if all tasteless was in the haunted house every year then why not. But to just have McNair is pretty brutal. As for Teddy, would this be of Mary Jo under submerged water or Teddy leaving the scene? His death was too boring for any good room scene.

Bronx33
09-25-2009, 02:36 PM

Heck i bet you could get funding from the NEA :spit:

Peoples Champ
09-25-2009, 02:42 PM
Low class.

Ya, I saw that too and I thought it was awefull. Steve McNair was a great man, and shouldnt be treated like that.

Gort
09-26-2009, 09:27 AM

**** off, dickhead.

Dukes
09-26-2009, 09:29 AM

Jesus you're an idiot.

Miss I.
09-26-2009, 09:59 AM
Rastaman is Jesus? Wow. That's weird.

And isn't Reagan already dead so technically he could be in the display, but it wouldn't make it any less grotesque.

Bronco Rob
09-26-2009, 10:25 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iTpuCIT9rZg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iTpuCIT9rZg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:thumbsup:

listopencil
09-26-2009, 11:21 AM
You know, the Billy Mays one really does look a bit like him. That was some nice work.

Aftermath
09-26-2009, 12:54 PM
LOL thats hilarious!

Aftermath
09-26-2009, 12:55 PM
i personally like the heath ledger one best