PDA

View Full Version : Breaking down Jamarcus Russell's Mechanics-Rich Gannon

IndianaBronco
09-24-2009, 07:10 AM
Interesting read to get ready for Sunday.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/raiders/detail?blogid=11&entry_id=48211#readmore

bowtown
09-24-2009, 07:22 AM
Jamarcus blaming his poor performances on his inexperienced WRs... LOL. This article should be called "Fatboy Calls the Kettle Black."

Garcia Bronco
09-24-2009, 07:38 AM
Orton does the samething. If you are not open he thorws it away. It's worked well thus far.

barryr
09-24-2009, 07:44 AM
Russell is consistently throwing either behind receivers or over their heads. It's not just the receivers who have a problem.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-24-2009, 07:50 AM
He's practically the black Jay Cutler!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-24-2009, 07:52 AM
He's practically the black FAT Jay Cutler!

They're both even going to have diabetes!

Broncojef
09-24-2009, 08:32 AM
Due to fantasy football concerns I've been forced to watch both the Raiduhs games...very very brutal. Russell is by far the worst starting QB in the league IMO. He's had guys wide open and he throws the ball out of bounds 20 feet over their head. The Raiduhs run game is actually good but drives stall as soon as russell attempts to pass the ball.;D

Tombstone RJ
09-24-2009, 08:41 AM
If the raduhs got a QB, they would be explosive. Thank God Al doesn't understand this.

bronco militia
09-24-2009, 08:55 AM
I wonder if Jamarcus 'Akili' Russell's fat ass affects his accuracy?

http://www.allfootball247.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/jamarcus2.png

Br0nc0Buster
09-24-2009, 08:59 AM
If the raduhs got a QB, they would be explosive. Thank God Al doesn't understand this.

Al called him "a great quarterback" when he fired Lane Kiffin

Al will give him every opportunity to succeed, which is good news for the rest of the AFC West

baja
09-24-2009, 09:30 AM
I wonder if Jamarcus 'Akili' Russell's fat ass affects his accuracy?

http://www.allfootball247.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/jamarcus2.png

He looks like he is wearing a space suit...

Smiling Assassin27
09-24-2009, 09:52 AM
Dude had a hell of a combine:

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/080708/Eddie-Murphy/Nutty-Professor_l.jpg

bronco militia
09-24-2009, 10:03 AM

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/080708/Eddie-Murphy/Nutty-Professor_l.jpg

bwhahaLOL

oubronco
09-24-2009, 10:06 AM

Ha! NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE ROFL!

gyldenlove
09-24-2009, 10:35 AM
I think most of Russells problems are mental, he still does the presnap read like he did in college and doesn't really get away from that. He doesn't make good reads and he seems to rely more on seeing his targets than knowing where they are going.

He seems lazy when throwing the ball, instead of adjusting and trying to move to find a passing lane he gets flustered when a lane is closed. It is also really disappointed that he doesn't have better touch on his passes.

broncofan
09-24-2009, 11:05 AM
Gannon just picked us to win against Oakland on Sirius.

STBumpkin
09-24-2009, 02:13 PM
He's got a great QB coach, he just can't learn. He had a wonderlic of what, 6? It's like putting a mouse's brain in an elephant. Maybe his mind is telling his arm to throw exactly right, the signal just has to travel SOOOOOO far the messages get jumbled up enroute.

listopencil
09-24-2009, 05:25 PM
Wow. Gannon really ripping Russell a new one with some very specific criticism.

listopencil
09-24-2009, 05:27 PM
"I know where the guys are going to be, but at the same time, once you look there, they're not quite there yet. Things sort of ... we worked on that, things that they should know and I should know, sometimes you have a guy get in your way so you're not going to make your next step."

For example?

"That's one of the times where you see a comeback route breaking to the sideline and I don't see him breaking right about when I need to throw it or put some air on it for him to come up and get it. So, with the punter we have, you know, all-world Shane Lechler, go to the sideline, look at again, come back out again, let's do it again. So that played a lot into it."

That's right: when in doubt, go for the punt.

Russell sounds like a freaking moron.

maher_tyler
09-24-2009, 06:47 PM
"I know where the guys are going to be, but at the same time, once you look there, they're not quite there yet. Things sort of ... we worked on that, things that they should know and I should know, sometimes you have a guy get in your way so you're not going to make your next step."

For example?

"That's one of the times where you see a comeback route breaking to the sideline and I don't see him breaking right about when I need to throw it or put some air on it for him to come up and get it. So, with the punter we have, you know, all-world Shane Lechler, go to the sideline, look at again, come back out again, let's do it again. So that played a lot into it."

Hilarious!

I hope he's their QB as long as Al has been the owner. All world Shane Lechler...bwaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaha!!

Br0nc0Buster
09-24-2009, 07:19 PM

For example?

wow....He is ****ing retarded

400HZ
09-24-2009, 07:47 PM
Can anybody name a second string quarterback who isn't better than Russell?

baja
09-24-2009, 08:30 PM
Can anybody name a second string quarterback who isn't better than Russell?

OK you blew it now Al Davis read your post and is benching Russell

400HZ
09-24-2009, 09:38 PM
OK you blew it now Al Davis read your post and is benching Russell

I don't think his PC is internet capable.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/10/01/davis.jpg

baja
09-24-2009, 10:22 PM
lol

BroncoDoug
09-24-2009, 10:54 PM
he isn't getting any ringing endorsments from his teammates either
Lastly for now, here's what Pro Bowl cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha had to say about Russell:
"There's going to still be some growing pains, but he acts as if he's doing okay, so you can only hope that that's really how he feels on the inside and he wants to get better."

He can only hope? doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement.

Mr. Elway
09-24-2009, 11:59 PM
Did any quarterback complete such a low percentage early on and go on to succeed in the NFL?

He has looked awful out there.

ton80
09-25-2009, 01:07 AM
Please, allow me the opportunity to give my two cents on Jamarcus Russell.

He sucks. Period. That's all you need to know. He took millions from the faid and delivered nothing. Congratulations Raiders. Keep it up.