PDA

View Full Version : Should I make this trade?

Jerry Curl
09-23-2009, 08:10 PM
I get Boldin and Flacco for MJD.

Qbs: Hasselbeck, Palmer
Rbs:Cadillac, Portis, Chris Wells
Wrs: R. White, Ochocinco, H. Ward, S. Smith(Nyg)

?

BroncoMan4ever
09-24-2009, 12:20 AM
i'd pull the trigger on that trade.

Doggcow
09-24-2009, 12:23 AM
How many WR/RB/QB can you start?

I'm leaning towards no because you dont really need help at QB or WR it looks. Beanie is sucking, Portis is on a ****ty team and cant throw TD passes, and Cadillac is injury prone and sharing carries hard with Ward.... If you wern't so deep at WR/QB I'd say yes but unless you can start 3/4 I really dont think having a fat bench with Anquan on it will be better than a solid #1 rb (until he gets hurt)

BroncoMan4ever
09-24-2009, 02:38 AM
How many WR/RB/QB can you start?

I'm leaning towards no because you dont really need help at QB or WR it looks. Beanie is sucking, Portis is on a ****ty team and cant throw TD passes, and Cadillac is injury prone and sharing carries hard with Ward.... If you wern't so deep at WR/QB I'd say yes but unless you can start 3/4 I really dont think having a fat bench with Anquan on it will be better than a solid #1 rb (until he gets hurt)

i am assuming it is the standard 3 WR starting type of league. in that case Boldin forms a nice trio with Ocho Cinco and White.

and like you said with the majority of his backs being in bad situations be it ****ty team or in a RBBC or both, i would rather go 3 deep with 3 elite receivers instead of hoping MJD makes it through the season healthy and with good numbers, which isn't likely considering the team he plays for. the only way for the Jags to be good is to make him tote the rock 30 times a game and he won't be able to hold up an entire season with that type of workload(no RB can) and with him being the lone threat in Jacksonville and with defenses now working to make a teams weakness beat them, i don't see MJD having the huge year many expect him to.

i'd pull the trade to set up an elite starting receivers situation that can help carry you a little, rather than hope that MJD has a good year.

underrated29
09-24-2009, 08:22 AM
I would not go for that trade. Yes everyone is receiver happy this year. But even the best wr only get a max of about 10 catches a game. A top flight RB gets more like 20 touches and maybe some catches, plus goal line work.

See if you can throw in hasselbeck/palmer for a rb.

Just think, you have portis- who is not dependable right now, injury wise and playing in washington. You have beenie wells, who i am high on, but he keeps fumbling and isnt the clear starter yet. Then you also have caddilac, who is injured every year.

YOu make this trade and your RB corps is extremely thin. LIke scary thin. You could find yourself without any RB at one point. All because you had to have an elite trio of wr.

Do NOT MAKE THIS TRADE!!!! (unless you can get a RB instead of flacco)

Punisher
09-24-2009, 09:46 AM
no

Jerry Curl
09-24-2009, 10:10 AM
yeah I didn't go for it. Can start 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 flex, 1 te, 1 k, 1 def.

Now who should I start.

Gotta start two(1 flex/1 wr): Ochocinco, Cadillac, S. Smith?

I'm kind of leaning towards starting 3 wrs this week because Cadillac has the Giants, but also hesitant because the g-men just gave up a ton on the ground and Chad plays pitt(although without Troy).

broncogary
09-24-2009, 07:44 PM
No, you've got plenty of equal QB's and WR's, but I don't trust Cadillac and Beanie Wells enough to be stuck with them at RB the rest of the season.

underrated29
09-24-2009, 09:39 PM
def s.smith, dallas D doesnt look good.

85 has the steel-which is always tough, but he is at home. (i have him too)

caddy-has the Gmen, who will look for blood, and caddy is somehwat hurt. so TB wont want to overwork him. However, gmen wont have tuck and canty--atleast i read it somewhere------or i dreamed it. I have had really vivid and weird dreams the last like 3 nights. But i think it was real.

I would go smith and caddy. Sit ocho.

But i also dont trust MJD the whole season- so if you can get boldin and a westbrook,ryan grant, or other good but not great rb- i would pull the trigger.

Jerry Curl
09-30-2009, 12:49 PM
So I'm glad I kept MJD past the Texans matchup...dude just offered Brees and Larry Johnson for MJD and Hines Ward...and I'm thinking I'll be taking it. Advice? (I just picked up Coffee and dropped Wells btw)

BroncoMan4ever
09-30-2009, 02:11 PM
So I'm glad I kept MJD past the Texans matchup...dude just offered Brees and Larry Johnson for MJD and Hines Ward...and I'm thinking I'll be taking it. Advice? (I just picked up Coffee and dropped Wells btw)

if you can get Brees, i would do it. he is probably going to throw for at least 3000 more yards and 20 more TDs this season.

MJD if he has a truly great year is only going to get you maybe 1400 more yards(very optimistic) and 10 more TDs(again very optimistic)

i'd definitely pull the trigger on that. Ward is a decent number 3, and even though Johnson is basically a throw away at this point in his career, if you get Brees you win that trade.

Arkie
10-03-2009, 06:25 PM
MJD is solid production. It's just a question if the difference between Brees and Palmer is greater than the difference between MJD and Portis. Also, Ward is still a player too. Turn it into an equation like

Brees minus Palmer = A
MJD minus Portis = B

If A>B, then think about the trade, but don't pull the trigger unless you think the difference is so great that you can give up Ward.