RB - Oakland
WR - Denver
OL - Denver
DL - Oakland
LB - Denver
DB - Oakland
ST - Denver
Coach - DENVER!!!

After breaking down film of both teams, Scouts Inc. offers 10 things to watch in this week's Broncos-Raiders matchup.

1. Denver must establish the run early: The Raiders gave up 173 yards to Larry Johnson and the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday. We can expect the Broncos to concentrate on the run in this game as well. Starting RB Correll Buckhalter averaged 8.4 yards per carry while rookie Knowshon Moreno had 17 carries for 75 yards against the Cleveland Browns in Week 2. Denver will want to control the clock and sustain long drives with a strong ground game in Oakland.

2. Expect the Broncos to try and make Oakland one-dimensional: If Denver can take away Oakland's ground game and force the Raiders to throw the ball, this game could get ugly. The Raiders have struggled when it comes to protecting the pocket and Denver's outside linebacker Elvis Dumervil broke out with a four-sack game against the Browns. Look for Denver to slide extra defenders into the box to plug up the run lanes and contain Oakland's backs.

3. Denver needs to pressure the pocket in obvious passing situations: Oakland QB JaMarcus Russell is not as mobile as Brady Quinn, whom the Broncos sacked and pressured extensively in Week 2, and should provide an easier target to rush. When under pressure Russell tends to force the issue and can be forced into bad decisions.

4. Look for the Broncos to attack the middle of the field with their passing game: The Raiders have one of the league's best shutdown corners in Nnamdi Asomugha but with the Broncos' three-receiver sets, Denver can attack the other side of the field as well as the middle, where the Raiders are somewhat vulnerable to the pass. Tight ends Daniel Graham and Tony Scheffler could be primary targets down the middle as well.

5. One matchup to watch -- Denver WR Brandon Marshall vs. Oakland CB Nnamdi Asomugha: Asomugha will need to be physical with Marshall as he tries to disrupt their timing in the passing game.

6. Oakland also needs to establish the ground game early: Russell has struggled when trying to throw the ball to his wide receivers. Of the 21 passes he has completed in his first two games only eight have been to his WRs and six of those have gone to rookie WR Louis Murphy. If they can establish a strong ground game it will go a long ways to taking pressure off their passing attack.

7. Expect the Raiders to slow down Denver's pass rush with draws and screen passes: The best way to slow down a defense's pressure/blitz package is to run draw plays and throw a lot of screen passes which allow the pass rushers to run right past the play as they focus on breaking down the pocket. A short passing game might also be effective for Russell's confidence and timing.

8. Oakland needs to continue to move DE Richard Seymour around: Seymour presents matchup issues with virtually every offensive line and is one of the few defensive linemen that forces opposing offensive coordinators to game plan around him. The more they move Seymour around, the more difficult it becomes for the Broncos to scheme their blocking. Seymour can rush the passer from the inside as well as come off the edge as a defensive end and has the strength to defend the run from either position.

9. Look for the Oakland to bring a pressure defense to force turnovers: The Broncos have turned the ball over just once in their first two games -- with no interceptions. Oakland needs to force Broncos QB Kyle Orton into some bad decisions as they try to force the issue.

10. Another matchup to watch -- Denver ROLB Elvis Dumervil vs. Oakland LOT Mario Henderson: The Broncos' right OLB Elvis Dumervil looked a lot more at home in their second game as he came up with four QB sacks and five hits on Cleveland's QB Brady Quinn. He presents matchup problems with virtually every tackle he faces due to his explosive quickness and short stature -- he gets underneath blockers and forces them to really concentrate on keeping their pad level down. Henderson will definitely have his hands full here.

Prediction
Denver 19
Oakland 17

Gcver2ver3
09-23-2009, 01:23 PM
Broncos-Raiders: 10 observations By Doug Kretz
Scouts Inc.
Denver at Oakland
When: 4:15 PM ET
Watch: CBS
More scouting reports: Week 3

Scouts Inc. Position Advantage
QB - Denver
RB - Oakland
WR - Denver
OL - Denver
DL - Oakland
LB - Denver
DB - Oakland
ST - Denver
Coach - DENVER!!!

i disagree with DB...

PRBronco
09-23-2009, 01:32 PM
Haha, I hope they're retarded enough to put Asomugha on Marshall. Just leave Marshall out there to run around confused and keep him occupied all day :)

cmhargrove
09-23-2009, 01:37 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/scouting?gameId=290927013

Scouts Inc.
Denver at Oakland

QB - Denver
RB - Oakland
WR - Denver
OL - Denver
DL - Oakland
LB - Denver
DB - Oakland
ST - Denver
Coach - DENVER!!!

After breaking down film of both teams, Scouts Inc. offers 10 things to watch in this week's Broncos-Raiders matchup.

1. Denver must establish the run early: The Raiders gave up 173 yards to Larry Johnson and the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday. We can expect the Broncos to concentrate on the run in this game as well. Starting RB Correll Buckhalter averaged 8.4 yards per carry while rookie Knowshon Moreno had 17 carries for 75 yards against the Cleveland Browns in Week 2. Denver will want to control the clock and sustain long drives with a strong ground game in Oakland.

2. Expect the Broncos to try and make Oakland one-dimensional: If Denver can take away Oakland's ground game and force the Raiders to throw the ball, this game could get ugly. The Raiders have struggled when it comes to protecting the pocket and Denver's outside linebacker Elvis Dumervil broke out with a four-sack game against the Browns. Look for Denver to slide extra defenders into the box to plug up the run lanes and contain Oakland's backs.

3. Denver needs to pressure the pocket in obvious passing situations: Oakland QB JaMarcus Russell is not as mobile as Brady Quinn, whom the Broncos sacked and pressured extensively in Week 2, and should provide an easier target to rush. When under pressure Russell tends to force the issue and can be forced into bad decisions.

4. Look for the Broncos to attack the middle of the field with their passing game: The Raiders have one of the league's best shutdown corners in Nnamdi Asomugha but with the Broncos' three-receiver sets, Denver can attack the other side of the field as well as the middle, where the Raiders are somewhat vulnerable to the pass. Tight ends Daniel Graham and Tony Scheffler could be primary targets down the middle as well.

5. One matchup to watch -- Denver WR Brandon Marshall vs. Oakland CB Nnamdi Asomugha: Asomugha will need to be physical with Marshall as he tries to disrupt their timing in the passing game.

6. Oakland also needs to establish the ground game early: Russell has struggled when trying to throw the ball to his wide receivers. Of the 21 passes he has completed in his first two games only eight have been to his WRs and six of those have gone to rookie WR Louis Murphy. If they can establish a strong ground game it will go a long ways to taking pressure off their passing attack.

7. Expect the Raiders to slow down Denver's pass rush with draws and screen passes: The best way to slow down a defense's pressure/blitz package is to run draw plays and throw a lot of screen passes which allow the pass rushers to run right past the play as they focus on breaking down the pocket. A short passing game might also be effective for Russell's confidence and timing.

8. Oakland needs to continue to move DE Richard Seymour around: Seymour presents matchup issues with virtually every offensive line and is one of the few defensive linemen that forces opposing offensive coordinators to game plan around him. The more they move Seymour around, the more difficult it becomes for the Broncos to scheme their blocking. Seymour can rush the passer from the inside as well as come off the edge as a defensive end and has the strength to defend the run from either position.

9. Look for the Oakland to bring a pressure defense to force turnovers: The Broncos have turned the ball over just once in their first two games -- with no interceptions. Oakland needs to force Broncos QB Kyle Orton into some bad decisions as they try to force the issue.

10. Another matchup to watch -- Denver ROLB Elvis Dumervil vs. Oakland LOT Mario Henderson: The Broncos' right OLB Elvis Dumervil looked a lot more at home in their second game as he came up with four QB sacks and five hits on Cleveland's QB Brady Quinn. He presents matchup problems with virtually every tackle he faces due to his explosive quickness and short stature -- he gets underneath blockers and forces them to really concentrate on keeping their pad level down. Henderson will definitely have his hands full here.

Prediction
Denver 19
Oakland 17

Does anyone here think the big battle will be between Nnamdi and B-Marsh? How about the other Brandon? Stokley vs. the entire middle of the field is my matchup to watch.

Otherwise, not a bad write up.

cutthemdown
09-23-2009, 01:53 PM
No way they don't put Asomugha on B Marshall.

Marshall about ready to bust out and you don't want it to be because he was going against your nickel back.

The Dread Pirate Roberts
09-23-2009, 01:56 PM
Royal is the guy to watch. He hasn't had the breakout game yet this season but it's coming.

Rabb
09-23-2009, 02:06 PM
is Nnamdi 100%?

I seem to remember he got dinged up against the Chuggers

broncofan2438
09-23-2009, 02:26 PM
Royal and Marshall and Moreno I think will be the players to look out for. They are all due and their DB's are good

s0phr0syne
09-23-2009, 02:42 PM
Hopefully McD doesn't try the same gameplan that Bates tried against the Faid at Denver--chuck the long ball and hope for a catch.

I know that won't happen. It's crazy how different our offense is than the last time when we played them with Cutler, but w/o a defense. I forget, why did we go away from the running game and Payton in that game? I just remember being really, really frustrated. Now, we've got a stable of able backs, the game manager at QB, and a reasonable defense. It'll be interesting.

ludo21
09-23-2009, 02:45 PM
Stop the run, and dont turn the ball over and we win. Pretty simple game plan this week.

Cool Breeze
09-23-2009, 02:52 PM
I wanna see Tom Cable get pissed of and slug another one of his coaches

Mr. Elway
09-23-2009, 02:54 PM
i disagree with DB...

Yes, and I disagree with RB, too. McFadden has been effective as a situational runner, and he has a lot of potential. We have similar level of potential in Moreno. So far this year we have more rushing yards than them. Their team had only slightly more running yards than ours last year, despite the fact that we lost 5 RBs to injury. I give us the edge on rushing and I fully expect that to play out in the game.

Their DBs are very good, but I think with Champ and Dawk playing at a high level, as well as solid role players and depth, you could easily make a case that we match them.

underrated29
09-23-2009, 02:56 PM
Normally i worry about the faid. I thought they would beat the bolts and almost did. I also thought we would lose to them last year and we got creamed. My super psychic abilities say- we should ROMP THE MUTHA F*** S*** OUT OF THEM!!!!

A big day for our whole team.

Cool Breeze
09-23-2009, 02:56 PM
Michael Huff has three interceptions in just the first two games, and leads the AFC (http://www.nfl.com/stats/player) in that category.

Los Broncos
09-23-2009, 02:58 PM
The defense will have to play pretty well for us to win.

24-10 good guys.

s0phr0syne
09-23-2009, 03:00 PM
Well, 3 years later, they have Huff and we have Cu...errr...Orton? Oh sh**! Maybe they made the better move that day...?

:P Just playing, I know some people will get all riled up. EDDDDDDD RRRRRRREEEEEEEED!

Rabb
09-23-2009, 03:03 PM
did anyone see that abomination this last week against the Chefs?

they looked worse than a high school team

if they play like that, we have this in the bag....we really just need to stick with the same gameplan, not test their secondary and run it down their throat with a sprinkle of some tight end work

the absolute key to this game will boil down to turnovers

I am not 100% sure Nnamdi is at full health right now either

Mr. Elway
09-23-2009, 03:06 PM
In fact I am going to go ahead and sort of disagree with them on DL as well. The advantage is presumably based upon the presence of Seymour, and he is a force no doubt. However, our DL has accrued 7 sacks to their 5, and has allowed 140 rushing yards to their 250. I don't think at this point you can say San Diego and KC's run game or pass protection that much better than Cincy and Cleveland.

We own them statistically in this category at this point.

broncofan2438
09-23-2009, 03:13 PM
did anyone see that abomination this last week against the Chefs?

they looked worse than a high school team

if they play like that, we have this in the bag....we really just need to stick with the same gameplan, not test their secondary and run it down their throat with a sprinkle of some tight end work

the absolute key to this game will boil down to turnovers

I am not 100% sure Nnamdi is at full health right now either

Stop yourself right there. Nothing is ever in the "bag". Gonna be a tough tough game

Irish Stout
09-23-2009, 03:23 PM
Stop yourself right there. Nothing is ever in the "bag". Gonna be a tough tough game

The raiders are in the flaming bag on the principal's door step. Get it? cause they're dog poo! :rofl: They're in the bag.... oh I'm hilarious.

Rabb
09-23-2009, 03:25 PM

good lord

ok chief, you got it

FireFly
09-23-2009, 03:42 PM
I think this could be a good game. Esp. if Marshall is ready to go full pace for a full game.

FireFly
09-23-2009, 03:43 PM

I actually agree, I think it's going to be tight. Raiders are already fighting for their season; think feral dog backed into a corner

SonOfLe-loLang
09-23-2009, 03:44 PM
Its a divisional game with two teams playing good D so far...gonna be a close game.

Rock Chalk
09-23-2009, 03:49 PM
Why do people think the Raiders are going to put up 2 TDs on us?

Thats insane.

Chris
09-23-2009, 03:52 PM
Haha, I hope they're retarded enough to put Asomugha on Marshall. Just leave Marshall out there to run around confused and keep him occupied all day :)

As out of sync as Marshal is, it would be a mistake to put a second CB on him. He needs to have a good week of practice, if only to take Asomugha out of the game by at least looking like he knows what he's doing.

BroncoMan4ever
09-23-2009, 11:00 PM
Royal is the guy to watch. He hasn't had the breakout game yet this season but it's coming.

i agree. it is due any game now for him and Marshall. both of them are just itching for that 1 play that sets a tone for them and then they are going off like gang busters

baja
09-23-2009, 11:40 PM
I actually agree, I think it's going to be tight. Raiders are already fighting for their season; think feral dog backed into a corner

I think the Broncos will roll the Raiders, beat them by +14.

watermock
09-23-2009, 11:52 PM
wow

ZONA
09-24-2009, 12:28 AM
Stop the run, and dont turn the ball over and we win. Pretty simple game plan this week.

I'm gonna say that is the primary goal every week. It may not lead to impressive stats but you're always gonna be in the game and have a chance to win.

UberBroncoMan
09-24-2009, 01:47 AM
Why do people think the Raiders are going to put up 2 TDs on us?

Thats insane.

A special teams break-away, a fumble in our red-zone could do the trick, even an INT could do the trick. You don't need an offense to score TD's to win every game. Nothing is certain in the NFL... and after our first game and the first half of the second game, why should the Raiders believe we can put up 2 TD's on them?

TonyR
09-24-2009, 06:49 AM
Hopefully McD doesn't try the same gameplan that Bates tried against the Faid at Denver--chuck the long ball and hope for a catch.

I know that won't happen. It's crazy how different our offense is than the last time when we played them with Cutler, but w/o a defense. I forget, why did we go away from the running game and Payton in that game? I just remember being really, really frustrated. Now, we've got a stable of able backs, the game manager at QB, and a reasonable defense. It'll be interesting.

That was a horrible game plan. And Jay was terrible in that game.

oubronco
09-24-2009, 06:55 AM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/scouting?gameId=290927013

Scouts Inc.
Denver at Oakland

QB - Denver
RB - Oakland
WR - Denver
OL - Denver
DL - Oakland
LB - Denver
DB - Oakland
ST - Denver
Coach - DENVER!!!

5. One matchup to watch -- Denver WR Brandon Marshall vs. Oakland CB Nnamdi Asomugha: Assmuncha will need to be physical with Marshall as he tries to disrupt their timing in the passing game.

Prediction
Denver 19
Oakland 17

Hilarious!