PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' Marshall all kinds of happy

Broncosfreak_56
09-23-2009, 01:49 PM
Brandon Marshall is trying to douse the drama surrounding him and stiff-arm any potential distraction his past drama may have brought to the team.

The Broncos' once-star receiver was a soldier for the team-before-self concept today.

When Marshall was asked about not playing through most of the second quarter Sunday in a 27-6 victory against the Cleveland Browns, he said: "Sir, you keep asking the same question. I keep answering it. I don't know what else you want me to do. I'm excited about playing against Oakland. I'm excited about us being 2-0. All I can do is do my job.

"Me being out there, not being out there as much as I used to be is something I have to get used to, but it's the National Football league.

Things change. I think I'm good enough to be out there, but it doesn't matter what I think, so all I can do is embrace it. I've learned from trying to fight the system. You know what, this is a great time of the season for us to be 2-0."

Does this mean Marshall, who issued a trade request on June 12, and again August 17, is happy to be a Bronco?

"You guys are asking me questions from a month ago," Marshall said. "That's in the past. We're 2-0, the fans are happy, the players are happy, coaches are happy. Everybody's happy. Every Denver Bronco, fan, are happy right now. And I'm the same."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_13402679Hope he is sincere.

55CrushEm
09-23-2009, 01:53 PM
Great. Now learn the damn playbook.

dbfan21
09-23-2009, 01:54 PM
I hope he's sincere too but let's analyze this statement:

"You guys are asking me questions from a month ago," Marshall said. "That's in the past. We're 2-0, the fans are happy, the players are happy, coaches are happy. Everybody's happy. Every Denver Bronco, fan, are happy right now. And I'm the same."

He said every Bronco and fan are happy right now, then said and I'm the same. By being "the same", does that mean he's happy too or does that mean he has the same attitude he had two months ago?

gtown
09-23-2009, 01:55 PM
I bet he burst a blood vessel in his head after that interview. He didn't look too happy on the sidelines during the first half.

If this were Shanny's team, he woulda been out there the whole game, no matter what grasp of the playbook he had. Funny what accountability will teach people.

Bronco Boy
09-23-2009, 01:57 PM

He said every Bronco and fan are happy right now, then said and I'm the same. By being "the same", does that mean he's happy too or does that mean he has the same attitude he had two months ago?

You're thinking way too much into it. Marshall can't even read a picture book, his quotes don't need dissecting.

goldengopher1976
09-23-2009, 02:00 PM
I am satisfied to let his film study and play on the field speak for themselves. These kind of quotes serve only one purpose: filler.

Beantown Bronco
09-23-2009, 02:03 PM

Take it a step further: he's saying (1) the Broncos are happy, (2) the Broncos fans are happy, and (3) he's happy. Therefore, he doesn't view himself as either a Bronco or a fan of the Broncos. He's something else. :)

lex
09-23-2009, 02:04 PM
Brandon Marshall is trying to douse the drama surrounding him and stiff-arm any potential distraction his past drama may have brought to the team.

The Broncos' once-star receiver was a soldier for the team-before-self concept today.

When Marshall was asked about not playing through most of the second quarter Sunday in a 27-6 victory against the Cleveland Browns, he said: "Sir, you keep asking the same question. I keep answering it. I don't know what else you want me to do. I'm excited about playing against Oakland. I'm excited about us being 2-0. All I can do is do my job.

"Me being out there, not being out there as much as I used to be is something I have to get used to, but it's the National Football league.

Things change. I think I'm good enough to be out there, but it doesn't matter what I think, so all I can do is embrace it. I've learned from trying to fight the system. You know what, this is a great time of the season for us to be 2-0."

Does this mean Marshall, who issued a trade request on June 12, and again August 17, is happy to be a Bronco?

As soon as I saw this, I knew who wrote it. Klis is such a management suckface.

Rabb
09-23-2009, 02:05 PM
I think we would be best suited to just take it at face value, maybe he is getting it now

I am as unhappy with him as the next guy but do we need to pick apart everything he says? Maybe he means it, maybe Rod and Shannon and McD got through to him

I bet we will see Sunday

cutthemdown
09-23-2009, 02:58 PM
It's not like B Marsh didn't contribute. He made some plays and as he gets into football shape, gets more practice reps, he will begin to dominate.

The microscope Broncos under is pretty funny considering we haven't been in Superbowl since 1998. With haven't been even close but once in 2005. People still love some Bronco drama though!!!! It's ok man we can handle it and so can Marshall.

Mr. Elway
09-23-2009, 03:37 PM
I couldn't care less about how he reacts to a reporter hounding him with stupid questions about his feelings. He probably does not feel good about the situation, nor should he. He will only be happy when he is playing to his ability, and barring something off the field, I see that happening sooner rather than later.

The only relevant thing is how Marshall's play progresses as the season goes on. It's in his interest and the team's for him to do well. I think he did better in game 2 than game 1, and I bet he will be more productive this Sunday than last.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-23-2009, 04:16 PM

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u115/rcbaker87/Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Anaximines
09-23-2009, 06:58 PM
That article put a pretty positive spin on the interview. After seeing Marshall say all of those things... it seemed like a pretty tense interview to me. The reporters kept asking him about his "two mistakes in two games" and if he wasn't on the field as much because he was being punished for his mistakes. I seem to remember an important holding call against Marshall in the last game? I wonder if there's something to that... I was thinking the same thing already as a possible reason we didn't see Hillis more against CLE: was he being punished for fumbling the opening kickoff?

milehighJC
09-23-2009, 07:44 PM
IMHO, this is pretty simple. Its PR speak. He has clearly been coached on how to respond to these questions - by his agent, but a PR guy, by the Broncos... who knows, who cares. It gives you precisely no insight into what he is thinking. The answer is designed not to tell you anything, but to move on to the next question.

The only way to conclude where his head is at is watch how he plays Sunday. I for one wasn't too impressed with the Browns game performance, but thats me.

jc

Popps
09-23-2009, 09:08 PM
IMHO, this is pretty simple. Its PR speak. He has clearly been coached on how to respond to these questions - by his agent, but a PR guy, by the Broncos... who knows, who cares. It gives you precisely no insight into what he is thinking. The answer is designed not to tell you anything, but to move on to the next question.

The only way to conclude where his head is at is watch how he plays Sunday. I for one wasn't too impressed with the Browns game performance, but thats me.

jc

That pretty much covers it.

But for the record, his answer didn't sound very happy. Not that I expect him to be. He's not getting paid... he's not paying much. It's a lose-lose for everyone, but... that's Brandon for you! He rarely ever makes the right decision. Why start now?

rastaman
09-23-2009, 09:15 PM

Get off Marshalls case....why don'tcha. He's out there trying his best and moving forward.

SoDak Bronco
09-23-2009, 09:18 PM
what the interview, he is putting on his i'm happy face...not really buying what he's selling.

rastaman
09-23-2009, 09:18 PM
That pretty much covers it.

But for the record, his answer didn't sound very happy. Not that I expect him to be. He's not getting paid... he's not paying much. It's a lose-lose for everyone, but... that's Brandon for you! He rarely ever makes the right decision. Why start now?

I'll grade Bmarsh based on how consistent Orton is leading the team and moving the ball. After all last I checked a WR doesn't pass the ball to himself. Brandon has been playing just as inconsistent as Orton has been playing.

Hogan11
09-23-2009, 09:23 PM
Get off Marshalls case....why don'tcha. He's out there trying his best and moving forward.

Trying his best and moving forward? Funniest thing I've read on here in quite awhile. Hilarious!

Hogan11
09-23-2009, 09:25 PM
what the interview, he is putting on his i'm happy face...not really buying what he's selling.

The last paragraph is the most telling...everyone is happy, yet he's still the same (disgruntled). What I saw Sunday, pretty much confirmed as much.

watermock
09-23-2009, 09:26 PM
Well, they've broken that Bronco...

Let's see if he can still race.

IMO, he's finnally figured out fighting reality isn't going to get him anywhere but on the sidelines.

He's saying the right things now, who knows what's going inside. Personally, I hope he doesn't find trouble off the field before he's tagged.

Los Broncos
09-23-2009, 09:28 PM
Doesn't sound happy to me, sounds like he is just saying the right things.

Cant wait to see what he says if we win this weekend.

Sassy
09-23-2009, 09:29 PM

What a joke...he's off to the sidelines barely interacting with coaches and teammates.

Meck77
09-23-2009, 09:30 PM
It's actually comforting to me that we've found enough depth at WR to win our games thus far. If you all recall it took us many years to even find a consistent second WR after Eddie Mac retired.

The thought of winning games without Marshall last year would have seemed impossible since he was put on such a pedestal by Shanny. I love the way McD is handling Marshall and treating him like another cog in the wheel which he really is and maybe starting to realize.

rastaman
09-23-2009, 09:32 PM

Can't get blood out of a stone. Marshall will make the best out of the 2009 season. Some fans may not be happy with Bmarsh's performance yet ignore Orton's suspect performance as well. Go figure. Kyle isn't under the microscope buth Brandon is! As a result, Marshall will continue to get the negative press and comments. One thing is for sure the Marshall haters will be pissed b/c Marshall won't be able to put up his 07 and 08 stats, but will biasely ignore the inconsistent lousy performance from Orton.

Sassy
09-23-2009, 09:36 PM
At least Orton is a team player and happy.

rastaman
09-23-2009, 09:38 PM
The last paragraph is the most telling...everyone is happy, yet he's still the same (disgruntled). What I saw Sunday, pretty much confirmed as much.

Its hard to totally break a "Stallion" ain't it! Of course it still a battle of wills! Why you Brandon haters are showing so much glee in the hopes that management breaks the spirit of a human being, speaks volumes of who you are as fans....it leaves allot to be desired in human behavior. Imagine how happy the Marshall haters will be should he suffer an injury this season. Some will secretly hope its a "Career Ending" Injury....such is their hate!

Sassy
09-23-2009, 09:41 PM
It's not a Marshall hating thing...it's an attitude hating thing...gee, why can't you Marshall Lovers understand that?

rastaman
09-23-2009, 09:42 PM
At least Orton is a team player and happy.

No one is saying Orton isn't a team player. But for the sake of fairness vs bias....Brandon can only be as effective as his QB is consistent! Besides, Sharpe commented last sunday that the "Bronco WR's" were not getting open! Sharpe didn't say "Marshall wasn't Getting Open" as the Marshall hating fans are trying to insinuate.

Face it, Brandon ain't going to put up his 07 & 08 performances in 09, and Orton's inconsistent play at the QB position will be one of the reasons for this.

rastaman
09-23-2009, 09:45 PM
It's not a Marshall hating thing...it's an attitude hating thing...gee, why can't you Marshall Lovers understand that?

Okay so we will just call it a Marshall frustration thing. Yet we also have what type of bias thing for Orton!!!

So we now have an inconsistent fan attitude toward player worship, an inconsistent QB, and inconsistent play at the WR positions.

Hogan11
09-23-2009, 09:47 PM
Face it, Brandon ain't going to put up his 07 & 08 performances in 09, and Orton's inconsistent play at the QB position will be one of the reasons for this.

Gee ya think? ::)

Of course Orton is a reason...but it's far from the primary reason. Marshall only came alive last week after his 2nd quarter dose of accountability and humility...what does that tell you?

UberBroncoMan
09-23-2009, 09:51 PM
No way is Marshall a Bronco next year.

broncocalijohn
09-23-2009, 09:57 PM

How can he when these crazy journalist are asking him the same questions and from last month? Why dont you and all those others that hate "The Man" come to realize that the playbook takes more than a few weeks to learn. Dude was bu$y when he was $upposedly trying to do the right thing la$t month. I actually like the comments and besides running the wrong routes or making a bone head penalty, he has stayed out of off field trouble and that tells me either he is wising up or he doesnt have a girlfriend at the time.

Sassy
09-23-2009, 10:01 PM
I should find the quote where McD said it wasn't the playbook...

maher_tyler
09-23-2009, 10:17 PM
No one is saying Orton isn't a team player. But for the sake of fairness vs bias....Brandon can only be as effective as his QB is consistent! Besides, Sharpe commented last sunday that the "Bronco WR's" were not getting open! Sharpe didn't say "Marshall wasn't Getting Open" as the Marshall hating fans are trying to insinuate.

Or for the fact that McD himself said that there is no ONE guy...this offense spreads the ball around!! When you throw to one guy all the time you make the offense predictable! So get off Orton, we're 2-0 and on top of the AFCW no matter what way you slice it!! I don't care how inconsistant he is as long as he gets the most important stat...the "W"!! Maybe he looks inconsistant because he actually throws the ball away or takes the sack when nothing is there. Would you rather him risk a turnover by throwing into double coverage?

Btw..i don't hate Marshall...i just wish he'd get his **** together a long time ago!

rastaman
09-23-2009, 10:38 PM
Or for the fact that McD himself said that there is no ONE guy...this offense spreads the ball around!! When you throw to one guy all the time you make the offense predictable! So get off Orton, we're 2-0 and on top of the AFCW no matter what way you slice it!! I don't care how inconsistant he is as long as he gets the most important stat...the "W"!! Maybe he looks inconsistant because he actually throws the ball away or takes the sack when nothing is there. Would you rather him risk a turnover by throwing into double coverage?

Btw..i don't hate Marshall...i just wish he'd get his **** together a long time ago!

So if McD says no one player will get the ball thrown to him all the time and the ball will be thrown around to several WR's......how is it the "Frustrated" Marashall fans can come to the conclusion that Brandon is "Dogging It" or making negative comments b/c he's on the sidelines and why isn't he in there on more plays?? See what I'm saying. These fans can't have it both ways.

Also, I acknowledge that Orton is a team player and doesn't force throws etc, but at the end of the day Orton must show he can move this team! He has more talent than he had in Chi-town, he needs to show what he can do with this talent! He's entering his 5th year in the league, so he needs to show he can get the job done. Hell Flacco, Ryan and Sanchez have all shown more consistency than Orton has displayed.

outdoor_miner
09-23-2009, 11:21 PM
Kyle isn't under the microscope buth Brandon is!

All I can say is LOL

Yeah - Kyle Orton hasn't been scrutinized at all since he's been here.

ChSuperStar
09-23-2009, 11:40 PM
Okay so we will just call it a Marshall frustration thing. Yet we also have what type of bias thing for Orton!!!

So we now have an inconsistent fan attitude toward player worship, an inconsistent QB, and inconsistent play at the WR positions.

rastaman, how did you even survive here for this long. you sound like people in broncomania.... you will fit in well there.

BroncoMan4ever
09-24-2009, 12:05 AM
he is saying we, which in my opinion means he has settled in and knows his role and is working to be a part of this team. he isn't saying things like THEM anymore.

all he needs to do now is get up to speed on the playbook, make some plays, keep his ass out of the headlines for stupidity and he will get paid.

rastaman
09-24-2009, 06:42 AM
rastaman, how did you even survive here for this long. you sound like people in broncomania.... you will fit in well there.

Yeah I know.....if you don't fall in with the frustrated/hatefull Brandon crowd and pile on, you don't belong on the MANE! Keep dreaming you couldn't be further from the truth. Nice try.

SoDak Bronco
09-24-2009, 06:53 AM
Can't get blood out of a stone. Marshall will make the best out of the 2009 season. Some fans may not be happy with Bmarsh's performance yet ignore Orton's suspect performance as well. Go figure. Kyle isn't under the microscope buth Brandon is! As a result, Marshall will continue to get the negative press and comments. One thing is for sure the Marshall haters will be pissed b/c Marshall won't be able to put up his 07 and 08 stats, but will biasely ignore the inconsistent lousy performance from Orton.

The reason we put Brandon under the microscope is because we know what he is capable of doing, and he been totally out of it. Would you not agree? The expectations for Orton are not as high, so if he wins and doesn't turn the ball over, then yes he does get a pass. Brandon, needs to be a difference maker, if he wants to be an elite WR, then practice and play like it everyday.

oubronco
09-24-2009, 07:29 AM
When Marshall goes off and has a huge game the haters will be licking his nuts just watch

SoDak Bronco
09-24-2009, 07:46 AM
When Marshall goes off and has a huge game the haters will be licking his nuts just watch

We want him to perform up to his abiities and not be a waste of talent. Thats what everyone wants, Rod, Sharpe, Bronco fans, we want him to quit doggin it, and play like a man that loves the game, and that wants to be elite. He keeps saying he wants to be paid like an elite player, well show us on Sundays.

oubronco
09-24-2009, 07:48 AM
It doesn't sound like too many people on here want him to succeed

rastaman
09-24-2009, 08:03 AM
The reason we put Brandon under the microscope is because we know what he is capable of doing, and he been totally out of it. Would you not agree? The expectations for Orton are not as high, so if he wins and doesn't turn the ball over, then yes he does get a pass. Brandon, needs to be a difference maker, if he wants to be an elite WR, then practice and play like it everyday.

Brandon can't be an elite WR if his QB isn't playing at an elite level. Also, if the expectation from the fans is to see Marshall playing with reckless type of abandon, ie catching a short pass and turning it into a long gain while allowing 2 or 3 tacklers taking shots at him should be over. Its not an exact receipe for pro-longing your career if you know what I mean. He injured his hip playing that way last season. Should he continue to allow wear and tear to his body b/c of allowing more than one tackler to bring down, his career won't last very long.

Brandon is going to have to take what the Defense gives him and play smarter and not with reckless abandon. Playing this way will pro-long his career. Besides, Orton doesn't force throws and limits his interceptions b/c he knows this will pro long his career as an NFL starter. Marshall isn't a brusing FB or TE! He's a WR! and he should start playing like a smart WR. If he wants his career to last long enough to realize big pay days and we are talking a 13-16 year career ......he needs to play smarter.

Sassy
09-24-2009, 08:08 AM
It doesn't sound like too many people on here want him to succeed

I don't think that's it at all...we just want him to lose the attitude.

rastaman
09-24-2009, 08:08 AM
We want him to perform up to his abiities and not be a waste of talent. Thats what everyone wants, Rod, Sharpe, Bronco fans, we want him to quit doggin it, and play like a man that loves the game, and that wants to be elite. He keeps saying he wants to be paid like an elite player, well show us on Sundays.

Brandon already showed he was an elite player in 07 and 08! Now Brandon needs show he knows how to pro long his career by playing smarter to pro long his career! If some fans don't like this fact they're going to have to get over it. Brandon can't have a 13-16 year career playing with the reckless injury prone abandon he play with in 07 & 08.

Sassy
09-24-2009, 08:09 AM
Brandon can't be an elite WR if his QB isn't playing at an elite level. Also, if the expectation from the fans is to see Marshall playing with reckless type of abandon, ie catching a short pass and turning it into a long gain while allowing 2 or 3 tacklers taking shots at him should be over. Its not an exact receipe for pro-longing your career if you know what I mean. He injured his hip playing that way last season. Should he continue to allow wear and tear to his body b/c of allowing more than one tackler to bring down, his career won't last very long.

Brandon is going to have to take what the Defense gives him and play smarter and not with reckless abandon. Playing this way will pro-long his career. Besides, Orton doesn't force throws and limits his interceptions b/c he knows this will pro long his career as an NFL starter. Marshall isn't a brusing FB or TE! He's a WR! and he should start playing like a smart WR. If he wants his career to last long enough to realize big pay days and we are talking a 13-16 year career ......he needs to play smarter.

Hmmm...Gaffney and Stokely aren't doing too bad!

The Joker
09-24-2009, 08:10 AM
Brandon can't be an elite WR if his QB isn't playing at an elite level.

Yes, because no WR has ever played at an elite level with an average QB.

Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson and Steve Smith (and hundreds of WR's throughout the history of the NFL as well) all say hello by the way. :welcome:

rastaman
09-24-2009, 08:11 AM
Hmmm...Gaffney and Stokely aren't doing too bad!

Are they both elite receivers?

Sassy
09-24-2009, 08:13 AM
Are they both elite receivers?

They are doing better than Brandon.

rastaman
09-24-2009, 08:13 AM
Yes, because no WR has ever played at an elite level with an average QB.

Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson and Steve Smith (and hundreds of WR's throughout the history of the NFL as well) all say hello by the way. :welcome:

Schuab is more talented than Orton. Delhome(sp) only recently started sucking....and as for Calvin Johonson who's his QB?

rastaman
09-24-2009, 08:15 AM
They are doing better than Brandon.

True. However fans want Bmarsh to be an elite WR! Why isn't the same expected for Gaffney and Stokley?

TailgateNut
09-24-2009, 08:17 AM

I'll leave the nutlicking to those who are currently doing so. If/ when he starts performing on the field and if/when he shows that he can stay out of trouble for more than a half year at a time I'll start backing the notion that he deserves a long term contract (with clauses, of course).

You can continue to switch nutlicking duties between Brandon and Jay as long as you wish.

The Joker
09-24-2009, 08:18 AM
Schuab is more talented than Orton. Delhome(sp) only recently started sucking....and as for Calvin Johonson who's his QB?

Any of those QB's ever been anything near elite?

Brandon is more talented than Stokely or Gaffney and, more importantly, wants much more money than either of those guys earn.

That's why he needs to be playing at an elite level, earn that paycheck.

TailgateNut
09-24-2009, 08:20 AM

They'll never get it.

rastaman
09-24-2009, 08:23 AM
I'll leave the nutlicking to those who are currently doing so. If/ when he starts performing on the field and if/when he shows that he can stay out of trouble for more than a half year at a time I'll start backing the notion that he deserves a long term contract (with clauses, of course).

You can continue to switch nutlicking duties between Brandon and Jay as long as you wish.

Meh! sexuall comments aside. You may never see the return of the 07 & 08 Brandon Marshall in a Bronco uniform again. You might see a Marshall playing like a Stokely has played the last two years. The reality is, its probably time for Marshall to move on in a year or two an go their seperate ways; b/c the damage on both sides are more than likely un-repairable.

TailgateNut
09-24-2009, 08:24 AM

He probably will not. The rock will be shared and none of the WR will have big numbers, but in the scheme of things it will be harder to defend because we don't have Mr. "STARE AT BRANDON, BEFORE THROWING TO BRANDON" at the helm. I'm not expecting that of BM, he just needs to know his routes, be there, and catch the frigging ball when it flies through his hands. Pretty simple IMO.

rastaman
09-24-2009, 08:30 AM
They'll never get it.

Ah.......it may be time to move on btwn Marshall and McDaniels, and Bowlen and go their separate ways. The situation will only get worst espcially should the Broncos start out 3-0, then go on to a 3-10. The scapegoat will be Marshall.

TailgateNut
09-24-2009, 08:32 AM
Meh! sexuall comments aside. You may never see the return of the 07 & 08 Brandon Marshall in a Bronco uniform again. You might see a Marshall playing like a Stokely has played the last two years. The reality is, its probably time for Marshall to move on in a year or two an go their seperate ways; b/c the damage on both sides are more than likely un-repairable.

Well if you are correct in thinking that he will not perform as he did the last two years, then I would think he has no reason to demand a "raise". Run of the mill contract for runof the mill performance.
...and if the damage he's done isn't repairable, why are we wasting our time.

Punisher
09-24-2009, 08:33 AM
Oh Marshall is happy lets all go over invesco field and dance in a circle while throwing flowers in the air.

TailgateNut
09-24-2009, 08:34 AM
Ah.......it may be time to move on btwn Marshall and McDaniels, and Bowlen and go their separate ways. The situation will only get worst espcially should the Broncos start out 3-0, then go on to a 3-10. The scapegoat will be Marshall.

You ARE an idiot! Blame will go to those who deserve it. Right now Marshall deserves it. He ****ed off in the offseason and during training camp and now, according to some (you) we should give him a pass for not being GAME READY.

TailgateNut
09-24-2009, 08:35 AM
Oh Marshall is happy lets all go over invesco field and dance in a circle while throwing flowers in the air.

:rofl::thanku: No ****.

rastaman
09-24-2009, 08:44 AM
Well if you are correct in thinking that he will not perform as he did the last two years, then I would think he has no reason to demand a "raise". Run of the mill contract for runof the mill performance.
...and if the damage he's done isn't repairable, why are we wasting our time.

Its definitely something to consider or ponder. Point is, after this season depending on things go, Brandon may decided he doesn't want to be apart of a rebuilding process and McD may think that Brandon isn't the type player to have on team thats rebuilding. Brandon loves the game of football, however the turmoil and change that took place with his contract, legal issues, the suspension, etc., can all take the fun out of the game and the in the team you play for. This is why it maybe time for Brandon to move in the off-season.

Punisher
09-24-2009, 08:50 AM
Its definitely something to consider or ponder. Point is, after this season depending on things go, Brandon may decided he doesn't want to be apart of a rebuilding process and McD may think that Brandon isn't the type player to have on team thats rebuilding. Brandon loves the game of football, however the turmoil and change that took place with his contract, legal issues, the suspension, etc., can all take the fun out of the game and the in the team you play for. This is why it maybe time for Brandon to move in the off-season.

No Punisher likey Marshall! I want Marshall to stay

http://milestones.geoparent.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/mad-baby.jpg

rastaman
09-24-2009, 08:50 AM
You ARE an idiot! Blame will go to those who deserve it. Right now Marshall deserves it. He ****ed off in the offseason and during training camp and now, according to some (you) we should give him a pass for not being GAME READY.

Hey nim rod! You can't blame Marshall alone should the Broncos only win 4-6 games after starting out 3-0! Last time I checked 22 players all need to come together and win. The environment towards Marshall has become so polarizing, it just may be time for him to move on and hopefully Bowlen and McDaniels realizes this as well and a deal is made in the offseason to trade Marshall.

rastaman
09-24-2009, 08:52 AM
No Punisher likey Marshall! I want Marshall to stay

http://milestones.geoparent.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/mad-baby.jpg

Maybe if you want Brandon's attitude to really change McDaniels should incorporate "Water Boarding"! I understand this is a real attitude changer.

TailgateNut
09-24-2009, 08:54 AM
Hey nim rod! You can't blame Marshall alone should the Broncos only win 4-6 games after starting out 3-0! Last time I checked 22 players all need to come together and win. The environment towards Marshall has become so polarizing, .

If someone has a pimple on their forehead, it's also "polarizing". :spit:

All he needs to do is perform and stay out of trouble, and he'll "feel the love".:wiggle:

Sassy
09-24-2009, 08:56 AM

Rebuilding is too good for Marshall?
Studying the playbook is too good for Marshall?
Standing next to/smiling and having fun with teammates is too good for Marshall?
Training camp is too good for Marshall?
marshall can do what he wants when he wants (even if it's against the law)
Who made him GOD?
Oh yeah...a few Maners, I guess.

Hmmm should all "ELITE" players get to pick their team, coaches, teammates, contracts....if this were the case, would teams have any elite players?? Ha!

oubronco
09-24-2009, 08:57 AM

Dude what does Cutler have to do with discussing a wr?

You guys just won't let this shyt die will you and as Marshall goes I could care less what he does I was just making a statement that people are bitching about him and saying they hate him and want him gone but you just wait, when he does go off and have a huge game they will be singing his praises

oubronco
09-24-2009, 08:59 AM
He probably will not. The rock will be shared and none of the WR will have big numbers, but in the scheme of things it will be harder to defend because we don't have Mr. "STARE AT BRANDON, BEFORE THROWING TO BRANDON" at the helm. I'm not expecting that of BM, he just needs to know his routes, be there, and catch the frigging ball when it flies through his hands. Pretty simple IMO.

You might want to watch Orton a little closer he DOES stare down his recievers most of the time

oubronco
09-24-2009, 09:00 AM

:rofl: :peace:

TailgateNut
09-24-2009, 09:02 AM
Standing next to/smiling and having fun with teammates is too good for Marshall?
Who made him GOD?

Hmmm should all "ELITE" players get to pick their team, coaches, teammates, contracts....if this were the case, would teams have any elite players?? Ha!

.....and we should all kiss his @@s. WHEN PIGS FLY

oubronco
09-24-2009, 09:03 AM
marshall can do what he wants when he wants (even if it's against the law)
Who made him GOD?

Cutler laid the blueprint

TailgateNut
09-24-2009, 09:06 AM
You might want to watch Orton a little closer he DOES stare down his recievers most of the time

He might, but at least he has more than one "go to guy". Jay and Marshall were as predictable as Shanahan calling pass plays on every down when we were 2 yds from the endzone.

SoDak Bronco
09-24-2009, 09:06 AM
Brandon already showed he was an elite player in 07 and 08! Now Brandon needs show he knows how to pro long his career by playing smarter to pro long his career! If some fans don't like this fact they're going to have to get over it. Brandon can't have a 13-16 year career playing with the reckless injury prone abandon he play with in 07 & 08.

Brandon is in a new system, has a new coach, and in the NFL, last year and years past doesn't matter. You have to come out everyday and show them why you are an asset for the team. Brandon has more ability then any other bronco player, but his attitude is keeping holding him back. Once he starts embracing this as an opportunity and plays like he can, everyone will be back in his corner, until then, people will continue to question Bmarsh.

As far as needing an elite QB, that is BS. You think Schaub is elite? You think Delhomme is elite? How about Cassel? Last year Moss has prowbowl numbers. Brandon can put up big #'s in the system and it has been proven.

Sassy
09-24-2009, 09:09 AM
.....and we should all kiss his @@s. WHEN PIGS FLY

I knew I forgot one! Thanks TGN! LOL!

TailgateNut
09-24-2009, 09:11 AM
Brandon is in a new system, has a new coach, and in the NFL, last year and years past doesn't matter. You have to come out everyday and show them why you are an asset for the team. Brandon has more ability then any other bronco player, but his attitude is keeping holding him back. Once he starts embracing this as an opportunity and plays like he can, everyone will be back in his corner, until then, people will continue to question Bmarsh.

As far as needing an elite QB, that is BS. You think Schaub is elite? You think Delhomme is elite? How about Cassel? Last year Moss has prowbowl numbers. Brandon can put up big #'s in the system and it has been proven.

Good post.

I don't understand why the BM nuthuggers don't realize that all the "non-nuthuggers" want is for him to perform to his ability and stop beating women.

Sassy
09-24-2009, 09:13 AM
There ya go....
Hey Brandon...just play football and be happy.
PERIOD!

oubronco
09-24-2009, 09:23 AM
He might, but at least he has more than one "go to guy". Jay and Marshall were as predictable as Shanahan calling pass plays on every down when we were 2 yds from the endzone.

How many catches did Royal have? Oh and what about Stokeley did he catch any passes?

oubronco
09-24-2009, 09:24 AM
Good post.

I don't understand why the BM nuthuggers don't realize that all the "non-nuthuggers" want is for him to perform to his ability and stop beating women.

He sucks...He sucks...Wait he made a killer play.....He rules.........He rules

TailgateNut
09-24-2009, 09:30 AM
He sucks...He sucks...Wait he made a killer play.....He rules.........He rules

You are living proof that the further south one travels, the dumber the population gets. At least you have the Texans to keep you in second to last place.

No one said one "Attaboy" will erase all of his "Aw****s".

baja
09-24-2009, 09:34 AM

I think the bottom line is Marshall, like Cutler had been spoiled by Shanahan and when a coach came in replacing Shanny and insisted the two of them conform to the TEAM FIRST concept and that bruised their inflated egos thus the problems.

oubronco
09-24-2009, 09:41 AM
You are living proof that the further south one travels, the dumber the population gets. At least you have the Texans to keep you in second to last place.

But you will and you know it and for the record I'm on board with the Broncos so suck it

TailgateNut
09-24-2009, 09:44 AM
But you will and you know it and for the record I'm on board with the Broncos so suck it

But I will what? Accept the douche immediately if he makes one or two great catches?

No way. It takes 1000Attaboys to erase one Aw****.

oubronco
09-24-2009, 09:44 AM
But I will what? Accept the douche immediately if he makes one or two great catches?

No way. It takes 1000Attaboys to erase one Aw****.

We'll see

55CrushEm
09-24-2009, 09:57 AM
How can he when these crazy journalist are asking him the same questions and from last month? Why dont you and all those others that hate "The Man" come to realize that the playbook takes more than a few weeks to learn. Dude was bu$y when he was $upposedly trying to do the right thing la$t month. I actually like the comments and besides running the wrong routes or making a bone head penalty, he has stayed out of off field trouble and that tells me either he is wising up or he doesnt have a girlfriend at the time.

I never said I hated the guy.....I just said "learn the playbook".

Jeeesh, talk about reading into things.

rastaman
09-24-2009, 10:33 AM

You are a fine example what happens to the human brain when it suffers from oxygen depletion b/c you live 6K ft above sea level! All comon sense goes out the window. :rofl:

TailgateNut
09-24-2009, 10:43 AM
You are a fine example what happens to the human brain when it suffers from oxygen depletion b/c you live 6K ft above sea level! All comon sense goes out the window. :rofl:

...and you are living proof that too much GANJA will affect you thinking ability.ROFL!

rastaman
09-24-2009, 10:53 AM
I think the bottom line is Marshall, like Cutler had been spoiled by Shanahan and when a coach came in replacing Shanny and insisted the two of them conform to the TEAM FIRST concept and that bruised their inflated egos thus the problems.

Well it takes 2 to tangle. There's enough blame to go around on both sides. Blaming only Marshall is a bit short-sighted. But like I said, b/c McDaniel's doesn't have a forgiving personalilty, he's going to do everything possible to part ways with Brandon. I can't see Josh tagging him either.

rastaman
09-24-2009, 10:54 AM
...and you are living proof that too much GANJA will affect you thinking ability.ROFL!

Rep! ;)

baja
09-24-2009, 11:44 AM
Well it takes 2 to tangle. There's enough blame to go around on both sides. Blaming only Marshall is a bit short-sighted. <b> But like I said, b/c McDaniel's doesn't have a forgiving personality, </b> he's going to do everything possible to part ways with Brandon. I can't see Josh tagging him either.

We have no way to know that yet. What do you base that assumption on?

TailgateNut
09-24-2009, 11:46 AM
Well it takes 2 to tangle. There's enough blame to go around on both sides. Blaming only Marshall is a bit short-sighted. But like I said, b/c McDaniel's doesn't have a forgiving personalilty, he's going to do everything possible to part ways with Brandon. I can't see Josh tagging him either.

It may take two to tangle, but the BOSS is always right:yayaya:in the end.

Karenin
09-24-2009, 11:54 AM
Well it takes 2 to tangle.

God you are ****ing stupid. How can you be like 60 years old and not know that the ****ing expression is TWO TO TANGO. TANGO. LIKE THE DANCE THAT REQUIRES TWO PEOPLE.