PDA

View Full Version : Nice Power Ranking comment, funny too..

garandman
09-23-2009, 10:04 AM
Not sure if this was posted...

From CNNSI, Don Banks weeks 2 power ranking

Last Week: 18 Denver Broncos (2-0)
Two weeks in and I'm already having to pay very close attention to make sure I don't have someone ranked below a team they've already beaten. Like I almost bumped the 1-1 Bengals ahead of the 2-0 Broncos this week, based on Cincy's big win at Green Bay. Then I remembered a certain deflected pass that Brandon Stokley caught in Week 1, and well, lucky or not, you can't have Denver beneath Cincinnati. You just can't.

LOL, " You just can't"

broncofan2438
09-23-2009, 10:06 AM
I lke it. I think Cincy will be another team that people will be surprised with. Im just glad we held their passing and running game in check

LonghornBronco
09-23-2009, 10:26 AM
Two weeks in and I think Cincy, Den, and the Jets will make the playoffs...

Rabb
09-23-2009, 10:30 AM
I am rooting for the Bengals now to make our holding them to 7 even more legit

Beantown Bronco
09-23-2009, 10:32 AM
Two weeks in and I think Cincy, Den, and the Jets will make the playoffs...

Cincy would have to go in as the wildcard. No way they win that division IMO. That means Denver and the Jets would have to win their respective divisions. It would certainly be nice, but I'm still not willing to make that prediction for either team.

BMarsh615
09-23-2009, 10:35 AM
Denver beating Cincy didn't stop PFT from putting the Bengals 7 spots higher than Denver. We are the 7th worst team in the NFL according to Florio.

Dagmar
09-23-2009, 10:52 AM
Denver beating Cincy didn't stop PFT from putting the Bengals 7 spots higher than Denver. We are the 7th worst team in the NFL according to Florio.

They dropped us 3 positions after this weekend!

Greatspirits
09-23-2009, 10:54 AM
Florio is the 98th worst sports reporter according to fans!

jmz313
09-23-2009, 11:08 AM
Cincy would have to go in as the wildcard. No way they win that division IMO. That means Denver and the Jets would have to win their respective divisions. It would certainly be nice, but I'm still not willing to make that prediction for either team.

well there are 2 wild card teams, no? i dont see how cincy make the playoffs with pitt and balt in thier division. Sounds like 4 more losses to me.

Beantown Bronco
09-23-2009, 11:13 AM
well there are 2 wild card teams, no? i dont see how cincy make the playoffs with pitt and balt in thier division. Sounds like 4 more losses to me.

I might not have been clear. I'm assuming Baltimore or Pittsburgh gets the other wild card slot, so both slots would (in my scenario) end up going to the same division if Cincy were to somehow get in.

RMT
09-23-2009, 11:50 AM

consider the source, consider the source

Cool Breeze
09-23-2009, 11:53 AM

Thats pretty consistent placement for us from him.
He has had a vendetta for some time
He is the TMZ of the NFL...

Rock Chalk
09-23-2009, 11:53 AM
AFC is pretty packed up for teams trying to get to the playoffs.

Jets, Pats, Colts, Titans, Texans, Steelers, Ravens, Broncos, Chargers and Bengals.

4 of those teams are going to be watching it.

My money is on the Chargers, Texans, Titans and Pats sitting at home for the playoffs. Everyone else is in :) **** you if you dont like it.

Peoples Champ
09-23-2009, 11:55 AM
dont worry about these, we will find out how good we are later in the year.

We dont even know how good we are. Wait till the end of the year and we will see how off ESPN power rankings are that had us at 28 or 29 going into week 1.

Captain Bronco
09-23-2009, 12:16 PM
I agree that these rankings don't matter at all. Having us seven spots lower than the Bengals is self-evidently ridculous. I would, though, like to say how tired I've become of people who claim we stole the game from Cincinnati. We outplayed them for the entire game--they just snuck in a scoring drive at the end. If we hadn't gotten the tip, then the story line would have been how THEY stole the game from US. Simple playground rules: taking back what somebody already took from you is not stealing.