PDA

View Full Version : Another reason to praise Kyle Orton....

55CrushEm
09-23-2009, 10:34 AM
Sorry if this has been posted...I admit I was too lazy to look for it....but anyway....

Did you know.....his fourth-quarter passer rating is 152.1, best in the NFL? The highest possible rating is 158.3.

Clearly, the 87 yard TD to Stokley boosted that....b/c yards per attempts factors into your rating.....as well as the absense of interceptions....

Nice job, Neckbeard!!! :strong:

Gcver2ver3
09-23-2009, 10:40 AM
another great stat...

hopefully he'll continue to progress in the offense...

i've always believed in him...long before he was a Bronco...

it's a complicated offense and he's been given a crash course...

Brady, nor Cassell mastered this offense overnight...

i wish people understood that...

Beantown Bronco
09-23-2009, 10:49 AM
Sorry if this has been posted...I admit I was too lazy to look for it....but anyway....

Just do what dortoh does.....say the search function "isn't working properly".

crush17
09-23-2009, 11:11 AM
Beat the Raiders Kyle!

barryr
09-23-2009, 11:19 AM
The Broncos for many years, mainly after TD retired, have had many issues with red zone offense and scoring touchdowns. They have had to settle for so many field goals over the years and against a good team, that just doesn't get it done most of the time.

jhns
09-23-2009, 11:22 AM
The Broncos for many years, mainly after TD retired, have had many issues with red zone offense and scoring touchdowns. They have had to settle for so many field goals over the years and against a good team, that just doesn't get it done most of the time.

Yeah, it sucks that we still haven't fixed this yet.

BroncoDoug
09-23-2009, 11:22 AM
Beat the Raiders Kyle!

This, He will be beloved to the max if he beats the raiders on his first shot as a Bronco!

DomCasual
09-23-2009, 11:26 AM
So, do we all sign a card to invite montrose back, after all the grief we gave him for his Tom Brady/Kyle Orton comparison after the first training camp practice? Based on how Brady has played to date, do we make him a mod? Do we offer to have Rev perform fellatio on him? What do we do?

kamakazi_kal
09-23-2009, 11:28 AM
<---------- still not sold on Orton.

Quacking don't make you a duck and folding your arms ...... well V

TailgateNut
09-23-2009, 11:33 AM
Do we offer to have Rev perform *&$%%^$# on him? What do we do?
We'll that would reward both of them.:wiggle:

BroncoMan4ever
09-23-2009, 12:27 PM
another great stat...

hopefully he'll continue to progress in the offense...

i've always believed in him...long before he was a Bronco...

it's a complicated offense and he's been given a crash course...

Brady, nor Cassell mastered this offense overnight...

i wish people understood that...

Cassel was in the offense for 4 years and still needed 5 tuneup games before he was any good, and even then, McDaniels had dumbed down the offense and had him operating from the shotgun almost exclusively. Orton got the full load like Brady did, and it is going to take a few more weeks to get going really well with it

Gcver2ver3
09-23-2009, 12:36 PM
Cassel was in the offense for 4 years and still needed 5 tuneup games before he was any good, and even then, McDaniels had dumbed down the offense and had him operating from the shotgun almost exclusively. Orton got the full load like Brady did, and it is going to take a few more weeks to get going really well with it

exactly...

glad to see someone gets it...

jhns
09-23-2009, 12:42 PM
Brady set a lot of NFL records his first year of McD being the o coordinator. Cassell never looked real good because he isn't. He took a team that set all kinds of records and did nothing.

BMarsh615
09-23-2009, 12:45 PM
Brady set a lot of NFL records his first year of McD being the o coordinator. Cassell never looked real good because he isn't. He took a team that set all kinds of records and did nothing.

Not true. McDaniels started calling the plays in NE in 2005.

jhns
09-23-2009, 12:54 PM
Not true. McDaniels started calling the plays in NE in 2005.

He wasn't the o coordinator and do you think he installed his offense in 2005? Is the argument here that he is using someone elses offense and really isn't the genious everyone makes him out to be?

BMarsh615
09-23-2009, 01:05 PM
He wasn't the o coordinator and do you think he installed his offense in 2005? Is the argument here that he is using someone elses offense and really isn't the genious everyone makes him out to be?

He didn't have the title in 2005, but he was the one calling the plays and had a lot of say with the offense. I imagine the terminology stayed the same, and so did a lot of the offense after Weiss left. McDaniels has said a number of times he learned a lot from Charlie Weiss. McDaniels and Belichick obviously tweaked the offense a bit after Weiss left, because they went down to Florida and met with Urban Meyer about his spread offense, and brought some of that back to NE.