PDA

View Full Version : HBO Joe Buck Live new Ep. Elway , Marino as guest

TDmvp
09-23-2009, 03:30 AM
Great stuff ... All this week ... Hbo ... another must see ...

Bronco Boy
09-23-2009, 07:17 AM
I hope Artie Lange makes an appearance.

RhymesayersDU
09-23-2009, 07:22 AM
It would be the only thing to save that crapfest.

Garcia Bronco
09-23-2009, 07:40 AM
I stopped watching HBO years ago. It's really gone down hill.

jhat01
09-23-2009, 10:41 AM

I canx'd when they dropped Deadwood for that stupid surfing alien show and haven't looked back.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-23-2009, 10:47 AM

Only half true. Their docs are still great, Generation Kill was really amazing (and David Simon's new show comes out soon)...but The Wire, Sopranos, 6 feet under, deadwood, curb your enthusiasm (which is still pretty good), entourage (not so good anymore, but was), In Treatment, Hard KNocks (a must see for any football fan), real sports with bryant gumbel...c'mon, HBO has given us a lot and im sure will again (that japanese version of band of brothers looks fantastic).

Garcia Bronco
09-23-2009, 10:52 AM
Only half true. Their docs are still great, Generation Kill was really amazing (and David Simon's new show comes out soon)...but The Wire, Sopranos, 6 feet under, deadwood, curb your enthusiasm (which is still pretty good), entourage (not so good anymore, but was), In Treatment, Hard KNocks (a must see for any football fan), real sports with bryant gumbel...c'mon, HBO has given us a lot and im sure will again (that japanese version of band of brothers looks fantastic).

I wasn't really impressed with the wire, deadwood, Rome, sex in the entourage, or the Sopranos after the 1st season. It's been crap for years and definately isn't worth paying for....

SonOfLe-loLang
09-23-2009, 10:54 AM
I wasn't really impressed with the wire, deadwood, Rome, sex in the entourage, or the Sopranos after the 1st season. It's been crap for years and definately isn't worth paying for....

You weren't impressed with the wire?? I think its the best drama in the history of television. What the heck DO You like?

Dukes
09-23-2009, 11:02 AM

Curb Your Enthusiasm is the only good show on HBO

SonOfLe-loLang
09-23-2009, 11:09 AM
Curb Your Enthusiasm is the only good show on HBO

Big Love isnt bad, in treatment is good (i hate true blood, but people like it)....but yeah, they've hit a bit of a downturn. I bet David Simon's new show will kick ass though

Mountain Bronco
09-23-2009, 11:13 AM
Joe Buck Live was god awful last time. Lange had the only funny moments because it pissed off that prick (Joe). Wire was good. Sopranos was good, and I actually like True Blood, but none of the others.

Flex Gunmetal
09-23-2009, 11:18 AM

If you didn't like the wire there may be something wrong with you.

Bronco Boy
09-23-2009, 11:22 AM
Eastbound and Down is freaking hilarious.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-23-2009, 11:35 AM
Eastbound and Down is freaking hilarious.

Another good one

CHANGSTER
09-23-2009, 11:46 AM

I cant agree with you on The Wire, but I will say that Showtime has put out better shows the last couple years.

CHANGSTER
09-23-2009, 11:48 AM
And Generation Kill was an awesome mini-series.

OBF1
09-23-2009, 11:50 AM
ESPN has been in the toilet for years, but everyone still flips it on from time to time

RhymesayersDU
09-23-2009, 07:30 PM
WOW @ all the HBO hate.

Sopranos, Wire, Curb, Big Love, Entourage, Eastbound, etc, all rule, so hard.

I somewhat like Hung. We'll see.

Dutch
09-23-2009, 07:49 PM
And Generation Kill was an awesome mini-series.

For a one sided Rolling Stone and PFC's eye view of how things went down. To a real Recon pro...not so much. The best thing they nailed was the two Leatherneck's voiceover of the end credits for the last episode: "We're Marine Recon. We really DON'T give a crap what you think or how you feel about us or what we are doing. Just go down to your Starbucks and order another freakin mocha latte, shut up and quit thinking that you know ANYTHING about The World! Oh, and sleep well tonight under the blanket of freedom we are providing." Classic and spot on.....

Dutch
09-23-2009, 07:58 PM
By the way:

The Wire (ground breaking)
Rome (still can't believe they killed it to save money)
Sopranos (first couple of seasons, after that...not so much)

Band of Brothers (In a class by itself, until "The Pacific" in March: http://www.hbo.com/events/pacific/ ) The Pacific will follow the Island hopping campaign of the Marines from Guadalcanal through to Okinawa. Same peoples (creatively) as BoB and same format with different Directors for each episode. Much, much different war. Much, much different enemy.

Boobs McGee
09-23-2009, 08:41 PM
Show looks Badass. LOVED BoB, this should be pretty good.

Weird seeing this kid as the main character though...

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMjA1OTA0MTQ2N15BMl5BanBnXkFyZXN1bWU@._V1._SX34 7_SY304_.jpg

remember this?

http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/annoying_kids_10.jpg

from runnin with dinosaurs, to storming japanese beaches.

crazyness i tell ya!

TDmvp
09-24-2009, 03:41 AM
I hope Artie Lange makes an appearance.

Laf ... he does ...