PDA

View Full Version : McDaniels Interview

Los Broncos
09-22-2009, 05:35 PM
Heard this on the radio today, just had time to post it.

Good interview, talks about the defense and Orton.

http://www.am570radio.com/cc-common/mediaplayer/player.html?redir=yes&mps=LooseCannons.php&mid=http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/LOSANGELES-CA/KLAC-AM/092209%20Josh%20McDaniels.mp3?CPROG=PCAST?CCOMRRMI D&CPROG=RICHMEDIA&MARKET=LOSANGELES-CA&NG_FORMAT=sports&NG_ID=klac1150am&OR_NEWSFORMAT=&OWNER=&SERVER_NAME=www.am570radio.com&SITE_ID=727&STATION_ID=KLAC-AM&TRACK=

WABronco
09-22-2009, 05:48 PM
Chris Myers has a radio show....talk about bland.

Br0nc0Buster
09-22-2009, 05:55 PM
good interview, I like Josh a lot

Popcorn Sutton
09-22-2009, 05:58 PM
He seems to be settling in to interviews a little more as he goes forward.

Thanks for posting Iron Clady.

Irish Stout
09-22-2009, 05:59 PM
Good interview - a lot of the cliche statements, but it sounds like he believes the team is buying in.

Popps
09-22-2009, 06:04 PM
Thanks, Iron.

Los Broncos
09-22-2009, 06:50 PM
At the end Hartman said their not that good of a team but they are 2-0, what a dick.

R8R H8R
09-22-2009, 07:11 PM
At the end Hartman said their not that good of a team but they are 2-0, what a dick.

As you may know, Hartman is a former raiders employee. His nickname from callers is homer hartman. Put 2 & 2 together. I am not sure I have ever heard him complement the Broncos in a sincere way.

Heck, he would not acknowledge that Elway was a Hall of Famer until darn near the SuperBowl years. Him and his former radio partner, the late Chet Forte, had a huge on-air fight over it. It was classic.

Ray Finkle
09-22-2009, 07:18 PM
How about a recap?

cutthemdown
09-22-2009, 07:54 PM
He says a lot of things I like.

Little things like Gaffney was in in the 2 TE sets because he looked best doing that in camp, got those reps, and that is his role.

He didn't talk about Hillis but I love how even though Hillis fumbled the kick return, he still got his chance in the superbig goaline formation.

With the olineman at FB and both TE on the field he scored a td. That way Hillis starts to buy into his role and understand the coach believes in him. A lot of first yr coaches would have given the ball to Jordan in that spot. Even some of you say that he likes Jordan more.

But the game proved both guys know there roles. Jordan is he doesn't fumble, he is great to run out clock with. Thats why Mcdaniels brought him over. He's a vet that works hard and has 4 career fumbles. Thats great help for tired RBS. They know they can let that guy run the ball and he won't drop it ruining the game or drive. Mcdaniels proving what I knew. He's a smart game planner and a good play caller.

Hillis needs the ball around the goal line, he will be a TD vulture on Moreno and Buck.

Buck and Moreno have the same role. When you are in there run hard. When your tired get out and let the other guy in.

It's smart coaching because players are like dogs. They need firm direction and a job to do.

Right now only guy on team without a role is Marshall. His role was to dominate and get the ball anytime the single cover him. I still think he can do that role, he just needs to get his mind right.

All the other players though IMO believe in the coach. It's not just a feeling though, they believe because he sees the coach developing strategies where all the players have a role to play and understand its a team effort.

You plug 3-4 stars on a team that thinks like that and you have the Patriots.

SoDak Bronco
09-22-2009, 07:55 PM
R8RH8R are you serious? He didn't think elway was a HOF QB? haha i have always thought the reason this guy was on the radio so he could be the complete DBAG opinion, but even Chiefs, Raiders, Seahawk, Charger fan would admit Elway was HOF material hands down. Wat a hater.

cutthemdown
09-22-2009, 08:00 PM
How about a recap?

1- was asked if he changed his playbook when he switched from Cutler to Orton. He said no. That his playbook is designed to work against whatever the defense is weakest at. It is new each week and that with Cutler he would have went about it the same way. That he looks to call plays that don't give the other teams best defensive players a chance to get off. Not in those words but thats what he is saying. He attacks what he believes is the weakest area.

2- Said Marshall was not on field because they were going big, with 2 TE, and trying to run. That in TC Gaffney distinguished himself and got those reps so that is now his role in the offense. ( IMO Marshall would take that role if he was up to snuff) It's tailored made for Marshall because if the run is going well you get big plays downfield 1 on 1 with your single WR.

3-Talked about how important the 5-1 turnover ratio is and said its a big reason we are 2-0

4- said hes not content with anything yet, all units need to improve.

BroncoMan4ever
09-22-2009, 10:46 PM
4- said hes not content with anything yet, all units need to improve.

i like that right there. that is a reason teams like the Pats, Steelers, and Giants are annually contenders. they are never content with what they did. they always find that 1 play or series that they could have done better. the best are never satisfied

Cito Pelon
09-26-2009, 10:59 AM
As you may know, Hartman is a former raiders employee. His nickname from callers is homer hartman. Put 2 & 2 together. I am not sure I have ever heard him complement the Broncos in a sincere way.

Heck, he would not acknowledge that Elway was a Hall of Famer until darn near the SuperBowl years. Him and his former radio partner, the late Chet Forte, had a huge on-air fight over it. It was classic.

Oh, Steve Hartman, ok.

broncocalijohn
09-27-2009, 12:13 AM
Homer Hartman? You guys should find some of his Bruin (alma mater) calls while hired for their radio broadcast. I think the homer lasted one season.

cutthemdown
09-27-2009, 12:19 AM

What was classic was Chet Forte on the air promise that if Broncos beat the Packers in the Superbowl he would quit radio. I was one of the first callers on the show the following monday.

Well needless to say Chet Forte was a punk and backtracked. His exact words I think were it's my career and I can't honor the bet. Then he went on and on about how wrong he was about the Broncos and how he didn't realize how good there oline was.

Hmmmm Zimmerman, Stinky, Nalen but he didn't realize. 3 of the best lineman to ever suit up for Broncos right there!!!!!!

Those guys were such homers for the Chargers its not even funny. Hartman does hate us which is why beating the Raiders or the Chargers always so sweet. I go searching for him on TV after those wins!!!

I remember those days man. Lee Hacksaw Hamilton, Jim Rome, Hartman and Chet Forte... That was some pretty good radio back in the day.

cutthemdown
09-27-2009, 12:19 AM
I actually won huge call of the day on Romes show back then twice!!!!!!!

cutthemdown
09-27-2009, 12:21 AM
Homer Hartman? You guys should find some of his Bruin (alma mater) calls while hired for their radio broadcast. I think the homer lasted one season.

He's also the type that will turn and get overly critical once hew realizes the team he pulls for isn't very good.

He's just that annoying type that people love to hate. Those types can be very succesful in radio.

Just look at Rush and Glen Beck. Those 2 are so unlikeable even the listeners that love them I bet wouldn't want to spend any real time with them. Just a couple of obnoxious no it alls that feel no one can every make a point that makes them change there position.

DarkHorse30
09-27-2009, 06:28 AM
Just look at Rush and Glen Beck. Those 2 are so unlikeable even the listeners that love them I bet wouldn't want to spend any real time with them. Just a couple of obnoxious no it alls that feel no one can every make a point that makes them change there position.

.... and Olbermann isn't a douchebag? sleep it off

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-27-2009, 06:49 AM
.... and Olbermann isn't a douchebag? sleep it off

He's not on the radio; the point was that those type of people are successful ON RADIO.

Pay attention.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-27-2009, 07:57 AM
He's also the type that will turn and get overly critical once hew realizes the team he pulls for isn't very good.

He's just that annoying type that people love to hate. Those types can be very succesful in radio.

"no it alls"

That's gold...

broncocalijohn
09-28-2009, 10:42 AM
What was classic was Chet Forte on the air promise that if Broncos beat the Packers in the Superbowl he would quit radio. I was one of the first callers on the show the following monday.

Well needless to say Chet Forte was a punk and backtracked. His exact words I think were it's my career and I can't honor the bet. Then he went on and on about how wrong he was about the Broncos and how he didn't realize how good there oline was.

Hmmmm Zimmerman, Stinky, Nalen but he didn't realize. 3 of the best lineman to ever suit up for Broncos right there!!!!!!

I must have been the 2nd one. I remember those guys predictions and called right when I got home from SD stadium (those days you can park in the lot with a 3 day pass) on Monday. My throat was shot but I called them before that superbowl and I made sure I called them after they came on after Rome. In fact, I still have the tape of me calling into Rome and telling him that our draft wasnt so bad and look at the Raiders drafting a Mormon that all ready stated that he would not play on Sundays. What draft? The one that we got TD and Chamberlain.

bjhiuhstoom
10-24-2009, 04:16 AM
I like it.but It is bad

-------------------------

hoomaklju89

online jobs (http://fastmoneytree.com/index.php?referral=1):):):)

Broncoman13
10-24-2009, 06:07 AM
Friggin asshole spammer, I just read this whole thread again thinking there was some new insight to the subject.

baja
10-24-2009, 07:06 AM
Friggin a-hole spammer, I just read this whole thread again thinking there was some new insight to the subject.

No we still won game 2 the score was better this time though.