PDA

View Full Version : Marion Barber to miss 1-2 weeks..Good news

SoDak Bronco
09-22-2009, 12:11 PM
Report: Barber to miss at least one game
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 22, 2009 2:16 PM ET
The Cowboys say that Marion Barber is "day-to-day" with a quadriceps strain.

Newy Scruggs, a radio host on the Cowboys radio station says that Barber will miss 1-2 weeks. Scruggs is also a sports anchor at NBC-5 in Dallas.

We won't know Barber's status for sure until the Cowboys play the Panthers on Monday night, but Scruggs presumably has strong ties within the organization because of his job. ESPN previously reported Barber had a 50-50 shot to play this week.

From what we've seen from the Cowboys last year, losing Barber won't be a devastating blow.

The team's offensive line has opened up huge holes in the running game, and Tashard Choice is more than capable enough to handle a bigger role.

Dallas' concerns in the secondary (and some would argue quarterback) seem more pressing than a possible short-term absence from Barber.

UPDATE: The Cowboys signed running back Chauncey Washington to their practice squad Tuesday. He could be activated if Barber doesn't play this week. The Cowboys showed previous interest in Washington when they put in a waiver claim for him two weeks ago

SoDak Bronco
09-22-2009, 12:13 PM
Barber is a beast, so if he can't go that would be a good thing for us in 2 weeks..

BroncoDoug
09-22-2009, 12:19 PM
haha, and I just picked up felix jones in my FF league as a 3rd RB... woot

ward63
09-22-2009, 12:21 PM
haha, and I just picked up felix jones in my FF league as a 3rd RB... woot

Picked up? As in a FA? Wow!

BroncoDoug
09-22-2009, 12:38 PM
Picked up? As in a FA? Wow!

yeah, I had Derrik Ward, and was going to drop him cuz he is a bum, and when I saw Felix Jones there I couldn't click the 'pick up' button fast enough..with or without Barber!

Bronco LB52
09-22-2009, 12:40 PM
yeah, I had Derrik Ward, and was going to drop him cuz he is a bum, and when I saw Felix Jones there I couldn't click the 'pick up' button fast enough..with or without Barber!

If Felix Jones was available in your FFL, you are playing with retards. You should get into a more competitive league, play with the big boys.

BTW, Ward is not a bum by any stretch.

BroncoDoug
09-22-2009, 02:53 PM
If Felix Jones was available in your FFL, you are playing with retards. You should get into a more competitive league, play with the big boys.

BTW, Ward is not a bum by any stretch.

Well its a work league that I've been playing in for a few years for pretty decent money, so easy pikins I suppose. But your right ward probably isn't a bum, but I'll take felix over him at this point.

Back on point, if barber is out for the broncos in week 4 then good news, he is a beast to try to bring down

watermock
09-22-2009, 03:03 PM
The way he dropped the rock suggests he is seriously hurt or a pussy.

Hillis almost had his leg torn off and kept the ball.

HEAV
09-22-2009, 03:21 PM
I'd rather face the Cowboys (any and every team) at full strength. Only way to learn and prove how real this team is by beating teams fully loaded.

"Earn it, Take it!"

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-22-2009, 03:26 PM
New reports are him at 50/50 for Monday.

Either way, their other 2 backs are pretty solid.

Who's going to run the 50 draw plays they call each game?

WABronco
09-22-2009, 03:38 PM
Ya Tashard Choice would probably start for a team like Seattle. So I wouldn't get too excited over this.

El Guapo
09-22-2009, 06:12 PM
New reports are him at 50/50 for Monday.

Either way, their other 2 backs are pretty solid.

Who's going to run the 50 draw plays they call each game?

Did you see the formation they ran the other night where all 3 backs were lined up behind Romo? Confusing stuff for the D.

ZONA
09-22-2009, 07:16 PM
I'd rather face the Cowboys (any and every team) at full strength. Only way to learn and prove how real this team is by beating teams fully loaded.

"Earn it, Take it!"

You gotta love it