PDA

View Full Version : Marshall has 2 neurons

mizzoutigers
09-22-2009, 07:24 AM
Beat writer Jeff Legwold suggests that Brandon Marshall doesn't have a firm grasp on exactly what the Broncos are trying to do in the passing game.
Legwold says that Marshall is hesitant in his routes and is constantly getting direction from Kyle Orton or the coaches when he leaves the field. Basically, Orton can't trust Marshall to be where he's expected to be. Marshall spent a lot of the team's Week 2 win on the sideline, something that won't change until Marshall fixes this problem.

You know the best fit for this guy would be in Oakland, a cesspool of ignorant losers

barryr
09-22-2009, 07:30 AM
It's probably because Marshall admitted he didn't know the playbook after having missed some camps. This is why I don't know how serious this guy is of being an NFL player and whether or not he'll even be in the NFL in a few years. Just as a lot of growing up to do, on and off the field.

Garcia Bronco
09-22-2009, 08:12 AM
Better than having just one

supermanhr9
09-22-2009, 08:14 AM
it makes a lot of sense. You know Orton takes a lot of heat, but he is proving to be smarter than I thought. He has taken to the system, and makes smart plays even though they are not glamorous, i.e:
- throwing at receivers feet because the reception would only amount to a even gain or a loss of yards, so avoiding any injury or fumble;

- throwing the ball away to avoid a sack or a pick;

- checking down to the dump off route routinely, which forces the defense to toughen up their coverage, thus creating down field opportunities and more holes for the running game.

It's not the typical glamorous offense we're used too, but it's working rigth now. I'll be very curious in our first test in a division rival, then with Dallas, all leading up to the trenches of hell the NFL calls the middle of our schedule.

Beantown Bronco
09-22-2009, 09:03 AM
Thank God. I was wondering if he had a pair.

Smiling Assassin27
09-22-2009, 09:13 AM
We may be looking at the next Jerry Porter.

bronco militia
09-22-2009, 09:30 AM
Legwold says that Marshall is hesitant in his routes

IMO, Orton and shanny's guys look that way. there's no hesitation when you watch Buckhalter, Gaffney, Graham, or Lamont Jordon

oubronco
09-22-2009, 09:35 AM
But when he gets the ball good things happen...........just sayin

Rabb
09-22-2009, 09:41 AM
But when he gets the ball good things happen...........just sayin

have to run the correct route then actually catch the ball to do that also...just sayin'

LongDongJohnson
09-22-2009, 09:49 AM
i hope he improves for oakland. we will need him.

oubronco
09-22-2009, 09:52 AM
have to run the correct route then actually catch the ball to do that also...just sayin'

Stokely dropped easy passes as well is he dogging it as well..........sheesh

bronco militia
09-22-2009, 09:56 AM

nahh he's white....he gets a free pass

;D

Rabb
09-22-2009, 10:00 AM

I know you are joking to prove a point, but you couldn't have picked a worse player to compare against

Stokley is dominating so far in the offense, I think he gets a pass on some drops as would BMarsh if he actually had his head out of his ass

oubronco
09-22-2009, 10:08 AM
I know you are joking to prove a point, but you couldn't have picked a worse player to compare against

Stokley is dominating so far in the offense, I think he gets a pass on some drops as would BMarsh if he actually had his head out of his ass

I like stokely don't get me wrong I'm just getting sick of all the "I am a high and mighty poster" sh*t

although Marshall may not be going the right route to a new contract he still is the best reciever we have and makes plays when he gets the ball and drops passes just like every wr in the game

Rabb
09-22-2009, 10:15 AM
I am not a high and mighty poster, sorry if I even appeared to come off like that

I agree he COULD be our best WR, right now he isn't

broncocalijohn
09-22-2009, 10:22 AM

He also is in the spot when the ball arrives unlike Marshall. Gaffney get it and why he is in there when we go 3 wide and Marshall is on the sideline. But you know better. You probably think he is still being punished for f ing up Training Camp. Here is a bit of news for ya and the others who are in the BM camp: He is f ing up himself. Timing passes better be in perfection between the receiver and ORton. If not, you can possibly have a pick that goes the other way. Next time you boo Orton for throwing in a spot that no one is there, look around and see if Marshall was in the vicinity. It might be that BM wasnt in the right spot. Marshall is looking at a 4th receiver right now.

broncocalijohn
09-22-2009, 10:23 AM
I like stokely don't get me wrong I'm just getting sick of all the "I am a high and mighty poster" sh*t

although Marshall may not be going the right route to a new contract he still is the best reciever we have and makes plays when he gets the ball and drops passes just like every wr in the game

great choice of words since he didnt go the right route on Sunday too.

Popps
09-22-2009, 10:27 AM
Legwold says that Marshall is hesitant in his routes

IMO, Orton and shanny's guys look that way. there's no hesitation when you watch Buckhalter, Gaffney, Graham, or Lamont Jordon

Stokley hasn't had any problems, and Sheffler seems to be fitting in nicely.

I think this is a slow start for Royal, but I expect him to do big things in this offense.

Marshall just is what he is, and this team will be better without him.

Rabb
09-22-2009, 10:29 AM
if we start using Royal in the same way we use Stokes with those short "run with it" routes, watch out

bronco militia
09-22-2009, 10:29 AM

I think this is a slow start for Royal, but I expect him to do big things in this offense.

my bad...Orton just sucks

:giggle:

HEAV
09-22-2009, 10:36 AM
There was a reason why McDaniels added the reverse play to the game plan last week. He wanted to give Brandon a chance to be involved on the field. It's clear to see Marshall is lost at times and the offense is being dumbed down for him (when he's in the game) simple screens and routes designed to get him the ball, but not risk a turnover on him not being in the correct spot.

The old way od "Just throw it at me Jay" are gone and not coming back. It's about playing within the offensive system and knowing your role.

oubronco
09-22-2009, 10:42 AM
He also is in the spot when the ball arrives unlike Marshall. Gaffney get it and why he is in there when we go 3 wide and Marshall is on the sideline. But you know better. You probably think he is still being punished for f ing up Training Camp. Here is a bit of news for ya and the others who are in the BM camp: He is f ing up himself. Timing passes better be in perfection between the receiver and ORton. If not, you can possibly have a pick that goes the other way. Next time you boo Orton for throwing in a spot that no one is there, look around and see if Marshall was in the vicinity. It might be that BM wasnt in the right spot. Marshall is looking at a 4th receiver right now.

NO SHYT and why jump on me for just sayin that Stokeley dropped a fuggin pass

Didn't mean to get your panties in a bunch go take a valuim and chill

oubronco
09-22-2009, 10:44 AM
I am not a high and mighty poster, sorry if I even appeared to come off like that

I agree he COULD be our best WR, right now he isn't

I wasn't implying that Rabb it's the Mane in general anymore

TailgateNut
09-22-2009, 10:54 AM

He's not only not going the right ROUTE to a new contract, he's also not running the right route.

He has "Head up the Ass syndrome". On the field, negotiating contracts and in his personal life.

Rabb
09-22-2009, 10:55 AM
I wasn't implying that Rabb it's the Mane in general anymore

cool

and I agree with the overall tone of the place

TailgateNut
09-22-2009, 10:59 AM
There was a reason why McDaniels added the reverse play to the game plan last week. He wanted to give Brandon a chance to be involved on the field. It's clear to see Marshall is lost at times and the offense is being dumbed down for him (when he's in the game) simple screens and routes designed to get him the ball, but not risk a turnover on him not being in the correct spot.

The old way od "Just throw it at me Jay" are gone and not coming back. It's about playing within the offensive system and knowing your role.

Yep, the plays scribbled with sidewalk chalk which were simple enough for the "Simpleton" are gone.
The challenged one can't handle simple routes and reads. That's why he gets to be a spectator. ****ing IDIOT has all the chances in the world to be a well rewarded start player, but he to ****ing stupid to realize that fact and work toward that goal. He's a frigging looser.

eddie mac
09-22-2009, 11:01 AM
Didn't Med mention something about a lot of the receivers having difficulty getting open in this new offense and that maybe Josh needs to tone it down a bit for them???

Maybe that would help Mr Marshall.

TailgateNut
09-22-2009, 11:04 AM
Didn't Med mention something about a lot of the receivers having difficulty getting open in this new offense and that maybe Josh needs to tone it down a bit for them???

Dumb it down for the dumb one. Yep, that the ticket.:spit:

ZONA
09-22-2009, 12:15 PM

Well said. I for one don't think BM is going half ass. He's just in the wrong spot and doesn't have the timing down yet with Orton. It will come people. Get off his back. 4 weeks from now he's gonna be tearing it up and make alot of you look stupid.

oubronco
09-22-2009, 12:21 PM
Well said. I for one don't think BM is going half ass. He's just in the wrong spot and doesn't have the timing down yet with Orton. It will come people. Get off his back. 4 weeks from now he's gonna be tearing it up and make alot of you look stupid.

Agreed

TailgateNut
09-22-2009, 12:21 PM

How is he going to make us look stupid. He's the one not prepared (mentally and physically), on top of his off season BS and his pre-season BS. If he hadn't screwed the pooch during training camp he'd have the timing down.

Give it a break. He owes the Broncos and their fans 100% if he wants to re-negotiate his contract. Most of my employees who approach me regarding a pay increase are performing at 100%.

He's a dumbass, and needs to stop being one.

TailgateNut
09-22-2009, 12:24 PM
Agreed

Agree with what?

BM is in the wrong spot? CORRECT.

Doesn't have the timing down? CORRECT.

It will come? Maybe, if he isn't benched before he has a chance to show he can be a great WR when he tries..

Bronco Yoda
09-22-2009, 02:03 PM
I don't know how smart Marshall is. But he's way behind the curve because of his stupid antics in camp. Not exactly how one goes about getting a big payday.

Popps
09-22-2009, 02:32 PM
Marshall is a guy driven by his emotions, not his brain. It just couldn't be more obvious. Whether on-field or off, he's clearly a guy who acts out of whatever emotion he's feeling at the time and rarely thinks things through.

So, on the field, when he's up... those emotions help his game. He's a tough, physical guy who is almost impossible to cover when he wants to bring it. But, when he's not emotionally correct (which may be often) ... he's going to half-ass it, jog around, tank it in practice, etc.

It's just that simple. If this dude had any sense, he'd be out there tearing it up, giving us (or other teams) no choice but to pay him top dollar. But right now, his actions are absolutely telling the world that Denver did the right thing by NOT making this guy the next wide receiver multi-millionaire.

He's a constant distraction... has been since he arrived in Denver and I just can't imagine that a no-nonsense coach like McD will want to coddle and play baby-games with this guy for another full contract.

broncocalijohn
09-22-2009, 02:46 PM

maybe we can have Orton pull out his palm and show Marshall the pattern to run and tell him , "do it before 5 Mississippis are up" or I ll get two hand touched.

broncocalijohn
09-22-2009, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA
Agreed

Agreed to what OU?

Zona, he needs to perform 2 games ago. What the hell is 4 weeks from now? And when he does perform, We are going to look stupid? How about BM looking stupid (with you and OU) for taking 6 freaking weeks to figure it out! We have 6 tough games starting Sunday and we need him to figure it out 2 weeks ago! I cant wait for your "I told you so" four weeks from now. Yeah, that will make you look like the winner. :pity:

cutthemdown
09-22-2009, 02:59 PM

Playing WR you have a thing called a route tree. For every formation there are numerous plays, for each play there is a route tree of maybe 3-4 routes. The WR sometimes knows I am going deep no matter what, but other times its more a read between him and the QB on what route he will run.

Players have to work at that to get it down, to be on same page.

Marshall by not working hard at the playbook, and instead working hard to get out of Denver, is the reason he is stinking it up right now. Thats why people are mad.

He didn't care about Broncos football only himself.

In the end he looks like a bad player in a contract yr. Not the way to get big money. He's probably blown his chance at a top teir contract, and will have to take 3-4 million less in upfront money, and probably 500 thou to a mil a yr less in salary.

oubronco
09-22-2009, 03:01 PM
Quote:

Agreed to what OU?

Zona, he needs to perform 2 games ago. What the hell is 4 weeks from now? And when he does perform, We are going to look stupid? How about BM looking stupid (with you and OU) for taking 6 freaking weeks to figure it out! We have 6 tough games starting Sunday and we need him to figure it out 2 weeks ago! I cant wait for your "I told you so" four weeks from now. Yeah, that will make you look like the winner. :pity:

Dude why is it so hard for you to comprehend he is the best wr on the team! whether he plays that way is up to him and if this team is going to shock the world do you really think that they will do it without there best wr?

We know he wants a new contract and is being a p***y for wanting one

oubronco
09-22-2009, 03:04 PM
Playing WR you have a thing called a route tree. For every formation there are numerous plays, for each play there is a route tree of maybe 3-4 routes. The WR sometimes knows I am going deep no matter what, but other times its more a read between him and the QB on what route he will run.

Players have to work at that to get it down, to be on same page.

Marshall by not working hard at the playbook, and instead working hard to get out of Denver, is the reason he is stinking it up right now. Thats why people are mad.

He didn't care about Broncos football only himself.

In the end he looks like a bad player in a contract yr. Not the way to get big money. He's probably blown his chance at a top teir contract, and will have to take 3-4 million less in upfront money, and probably 500 thou to a mil a yr less in salary.

I agree with all that but it's ridiculous to say he sucks because he didn't catch a pass like I said before EVERY wr in the Nfl and college does not catch EVERY pass

broncocalijohn
09-22-2009, 03:06 PM
Dude why is it so hard for you to comprehend he is the best wr on the team! whether he plays that way is up to him and if this team is going to shock the world do you really think that they will do it without there best wr?

We know he wants a new contract and is being a p***y for wanting one

I am not saying he is or can be the best, but he isnt doing it and it is mostly in response to Zona thinking we are stupid when he does perform. Look at Baja's poll. When I posted on it, 17 out of 18 thinks he has the ability to figure out the playbook. So, almost all have him as talented, but we arent confidence or impressed that he isnt performing NOW! The quote above from you answers the question; It is up to BM.

TailgateNut
09-22-2009, 03:11 PM

He ISN'T the best receiver out there, and unless he gets his gray matter in working order, he'll be warming the bench. MARK MY WORDS. McD wont put up with stupid MF's on the field. Keep up with the program or ship the **** out. And I back that attitude 100%.

If Baby Marshall wants to be part of this team he better cram and get with the program.

oubronco
09-22-2009, 03:13 PM
I am not saying he is or can be the best, but he isnt doing it and it is mostly in response to Zona thinking we are stupid when he does perform. Look at Baja's poll. When I posted on it, 17 out of 18 thinks he has the ability to figure out the playbook. So, almost all have him as talented, but we arent confidence or impressed that he isnt performing NOW! The quote above from you answers the question; It is up to BM.

Ok I'm not trying to argue with you

oubronco
09-22-2009, 03:15 PM
He ISN'T the best receiver out there, and unless he gets his gray matter in working order, he'll be warming the bench. MARK MY WORDS. McD wont put up with stupid MF's on the field. Keep up with the program or ship the **** out. And I back that attitude 100%.

If Baby Marshall wants to be part of this team he better cram and get with the program.

Yes he does need to get it together but regardless he is not the only wr not excelling in the new system

TailgateNut
09-22-2009, 03:24 PM
Yes he does need to get it together but regardless he is not the only wr not excelling in the new system

But he IS the only one who "screwed the pooch" while the others were busting their asses, which is an automatic "aw****".

I'm sick of watching his childish antics. Grow up now, or book a flight and a limo to DIA.

elsid13
09-22-2009, 03:24 PM

Actually if you rewatch the game you will notice several times when Scheffer and Royal end up in exact same spot on field running similar patterns. It very unlikely that McDaniels has combination of pass routes that has multiply players end up in the same place, when one isn't trying to rub a defender. Both QB and WRs/TE are struggling on getting on the same page right now.

Once Marshall gets the offense down it become easier for Royal to make an impact. Until then defenses can play him honest and not give him as many one and one opportunities.

watermock
09-22-2009, 03:57 PM
I'm adamantly supporting the premise BM has at LEAST a dozen neurons.

GreatBronco16
09-22-2009, 03:59 PM
I'm adamantly supporting the premise BM has at LEAST a dozen neurons.

So that is 11 more than you huh mock?

Spider
09-22-2009, 04:39 PM
already throwing Marshall under the Bus ............. well **** fire that didnt take long .........

broncogary
09-22-2009, 04:42 PM
So that is 11 more than you huh mock?

Actually, mock and I are sharing that neuron.

Br0nc0Buster
09-22-2009, 05:01 PM
Well Marshall decided to go Stephan Marbury on us in the offseason, so he is a bit behind

Couple that with the fact he is also quite stupid, and well its understandable he doesnt know whats going on right now

Hopefully he picks it up shortly, he is too good to be sitting on the sidelines

fdf
09-22-2009, 06:48 PM
Beat writer Jeff Legwold suggests that Brandon Marshall doesn't have a firm grasp on exactly what the Broncos are trying to do in the passing game.
Legwold says that Marshall is hesitant in his routes and is constantly getting direction from Kyle Orton or the coaches when he leaves the field. Basically, Orton can't trust Marshall to be where he's expected to be. Marshall spent a lot of the team's Week 2 win on the sideline, something that won't change until Marshall fixes this problem.

You know the best fit for this guy would be in Oakland, a cesspool of ignorant losers

From the thread title, I wasn't sure if it was a compliment thread or an insult thread. BM might be pretty happy to hear that he has two.

oubronco
09-22-2009, 07:40 PM
already throwing Marshall under the Bus ............. well **** fire that didnt take long .........

No Shyt

Captain Bronco
09-22-2009, 08:04 PM
Oh, let's cut the guy some slack. For now, at least. When you factor in his suspensions, his legal troubles, and the times in practice when he decided to act like a third grader, he's only had a couple of weeks of onfield practice. McDaniel's system is supposed to be complicated.
If we get to week five or six and he's still clueless, that's a different story. But for now, we should just wait and see....

maher_tyler
09-22-2009, 08:09 PM
Quote:

Agreed to what OU?

I'm gonna have to agree with this! This is his job...as my high school football coach always yelled "that's not gettin' the job done son!"

ZONA
09-22-2009, 08:10 PM
BM did go punk on us during the offseason and most of camp. Thus, he's missed a ton of time to workout with our players and coaches in this new system. Football isn't like math, you open the book, study it and you know it. Alot of those routes are timing routes, option routes which a player decides where to go based on the defense. What I see in the games is that he's not there yet with Orton and alot of those routes. For the plays he does know, and when he catches the ball, I'm seeing him fight hard for the extra yards. Not exactly what you would expect to see from a guy dogging it. He would just catch it and run out of bounds or go down quickly after first contact. I think he has way too much self pride when it's game time to go half ass.

All I am saying is, since he came back from suspension, according to McD, he's been doing everything they have asked him to. He's not been a problem. He's messed up on some plays but if McD thought for one second he was dogging it, he would not put him back in the game AT ALL. When McD called the reverse for him, I think that was a sign from McD that he wants BM to feel like he's helping the team and letting him run some plays to get his confidence back up. If BM was dogging it, he would have been on the bench for the entire game, not getting plays called for him like we saw in the 2nd half.

And what I meant by making some people look stupid, is the same reference that alot of people were all over Orton after the 1st preseason game and he's obviously playing at a higher level now. I think it's going to take about 4 more weeks for BM and Orton to get all those timing routes down and for him to really know the playbook, as it translates to the field, not just memorizing a pattern drawn out in a book. Just watch, he will get things going and we will be a better team for it. Once he starts producing again, you will see many of the people here that are on his butt get off. If people want to bag on him for all the stuff before the suspension then that's fine, he does deserve that. But to suggest he's dogging it out there is laughable to me. I think McD has a better beat on this then any of you and he's still going to Marshall.

fdf
09-22-2009, 08:33 PM
But to suggest he's dogging it out there is laughable to me.

That's fair. He may have been a doofus. But I see him fighting for yards when he gets the ball. Hope he can get to the point where he understands where he's supposed to be. Oh, and how to behave around women.

If he applies himself to learning the O and shapes up his personal life, he will have a monster career--he's as physically gifted as any person playing football now.

TailgateNut
09-22-2009, 08:37 PM
That's fair. He may have been a doofus. But I see him fighting for yards when he gets the ball. Hope he can get to the point where he understands where he's supposed to be. Oh, and how to behave around women.

If he applies himself to learning the O and shapes up his personal life, he will have a monster career--he's as physically gifted as any person playing football now.

He's like the puppy that keeps ****ting in the house. You know he can be a good dog with some training, but when you end up cleaning up the crap you just want to beat the hell out of him.;D

rastaman
09-22-2009, 09:34 PM
How is he going to make us look stupid. He's the one not prepared (mentally and physically), on top of his off season BS and his pre-season BS. If he hadn't screwed the pooch during training camp he'd have the timing down.

Give it a break. He owes the Broncos and their fans 100% if he wants to re-negotiate his contract. Most of my employees who approach me regarding a pay increase are performing at 100%.

He's a dumbass, and needs to stop being one.

Yet you assume the Broncos want to resign Brandon and you're assuming Brandon wants to play in Denver next year or the year after that. Point is, had a team agreed to give the Broncos a first and fourth .....we wouldn't even be talking about Marshall. Once the Bmarsh haters think-realize the Broncos can get a first and fourth, they would want him gone yesterday.

Oh well Brandon ain't going nowhere in 09. He isn't going to the Pro Bowl and neither is Orton for that matter. The offense more than likely will struggle once we play more talented teams and the Defense although showing promise may wear out b/c they're spending 75-80 plays out on the field b/c the offense is out of sync. But hey we got Brandon as the convenient scape goat. Hell we can even blame Marshall for having a lousy inconsistent offensive production for 09....Thats whats coming next!

rastaman
09-22-2009, 09:39 PM
He's like the puppy that keeps ****ting in the house. You know he can be a good dog with some training, but when you end up cleaning up the crap you just want to beat the hell out of him.;D

So you think so lowly of Bmarsh that now he's a dog? Gee one would swear Brandon personally biatched slapped you in public at a Sports Bar or shot you the middle finger when you asked him for an auto-graph. ;D

Pile on while you still got a chance.....this won't last forever. There's no greater spurned half human than Bronco pitt bull fan who is pissed at a Bronco player.

TailgateNut
09-22-2009, 09:58 PM
So you think so lowly of Bmarsh that now he's a dog? Gee one would swear Brandon personally biatched slapped you in public at a Sports Bar or shot you the middle finger when you asked him for an auto-graph. ;D

Pile on while you still got a chance.....this won't last forever. There's no greater spurned half human than Bronco pitt bull fan who is pissed at a Bronco player.

I compared him to a puppy, because he could learn, but it's much easier to just **** in the house.

Jesterhole
09-22-2009, 10:08 PM

You should be there long before Marshall. STFU and GTFO, moron.