PDA

View Full Version : Marshall = Crabtree + ??

orinjkrush
09-21-2009, 07:06 PM
What would it take?

Marshall....sorta proven

Crabtree....total unknown

add a 3rd? a 2nd? a BJ?

oubronco
09-21-2009, 07:07 PM
F**K Crabtree

tsiguy96
09-21-2009, 07:08 PM
cant trade crabtree until march, they either sign him or he sits out til then. he cant even work out at combine or for other teams next year until AFTER the draft. besides, hell require similar guaranteed money than marshall.

chadta
09-21-2009, 07:09 PM
NO

crabtree may be the only person i want less then marshall, the kid hasnt played a down of pro footballl and somehow thinks he should be PAID. let him rot, let him sit all year, next year hell be a third rounder, and see how much he gets paid then. dumb punk.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-21-2009, 07:14 PM
Maybe we could trade Patrick Willis for Jarvis Moss and sign Willis to a seven year vet minimum contract extension while we're at it. It makes as much sense.

orinjkrush
09-21-2009, 07:17 PM
Maybe we could trade Patrick Willis for Jarvis Moss and sign Willis to a seven year vet minimum contract extension while we're at it. It makes as much sense.

Why Doc?

BM is done in Denver.

Crabs-tree is an unknown bitch.

Mogulseeker
09-21-2009, 07:21 PM
I hope you're not serious.

Crabtree = bitch

Marshall = worthless at this point

RunSilentRunDeep
09-21-2009, 07:26 PM
Even if they made a deal in March, the Broncos wouldn't have money in the rookie pool to sign him. Crabtree signs with the niners or re-enters the draft. Try to keep up with the news.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-21-2009, 07:29 PM
Why Doc?

BM is done in Denver.

Crabs-tree is an unknown b****.

Crabtree is holding out because he wants more money than DHB... which is more money than Marshall will ever see. What in the world makes you think he would suddenly end his holdout if the niners were dumb enough to trade a first round pick for Brandon Marshall? Why would we ever trade Marshall who is worth a 1 and 3 next year at the highest RFA tender for a malcontent 1st round pick who is the most delusional player in recent history? Might as well add in the entire off-field and clubhouse cancer antics of Brandon Marshall.... plus his medical history. These are just a few things off the top of my head.

But don't let me shoot holes in your trade. Call up the front office and explain your brilliant plan. Its like a swiss watch if I understand it correctly.

orinjkrush
09-21-2009, 07:33 PM
Crabtree is holding out because he wants more money than DHB... which is more money than Marshall will ever see. What in the world makes you think he would suddenly end his holdout if the niners were dumb enough to trade a first round pick for Brandon Marshall? Why would we ever trade Marshall who is worth a 1 and 3 next year at the highest RFA tender for a malcontent 1st round pick who is the most delusional player in recent history? Might as well add in the entire off-field and clubhouse cancer antics of Brandon Marshall.... plus his medical history. These are just a few things off the top of my head.

But don't let me shoot holes in your trade. Call up the front office and explain your brilliant plan. Its like a swiss watch if I understand it correctly.

kewl dude. you took a reasonable question and made it into an ad hominem.

hope you're not an MD.

Clockwork Orange
09-21-2009, 07:33 PM
If I'm the 49ers, I'd rather get nothing for letting Crabtree go back in the draft at this point than take on Marshall and the contract he's going to command upon completion of a trade. Crabtree may be a diva who's getting some bad advice, but at least letting him go isn't costing them anything. Marshall would cost them millions in guaranteed money for a guy with attitude and off the field issues that have him one slip up away from a lengthy suspension.

orinjkrush
09-21-2009, 07:35 PM
Even if they made a deal in March, the Broncos wouldn't have money in the rookie pool to sign him. Crabtree signs with the niners or re-enters the draft. Try to keep up with the news.

i will. thanks Mr. Clayton.

orinjkrush
09-21-2009, 07:36 PM
If I'm the 49ers, I'd rather get nothing for letting Crabtree go back in the draft at this point than take on Marshall and the contract he's going to command upon completion of a trade. Crabtree may be a diva who's getting some bad advice, but at least letting him go isn't costing them anything. Marshall would cost them millions in guaranteed money for a guy with attitude and off the field issues that have him one slip up away from a lengthy suspension.

Reasonable take. Thanks.

We still need to divest Diva Marshall.

Killericon
09-21-2009, 07:43 PM
I bet they're both asking for similar contracts.

orinjkrush
09-21-2009, 07:49 PM

Even if they did....

Would you keep the "known" evil

or go for the "unknown" evil?

Killericon
09-21-2009, 07:58 PM
Even if they did....

Would you keep the "known" evil

or go for the "unknown" evil?

I'd rather not go for either, personally.

Beantown Bronco
09-21-2009, 07:59 PM
I'm not sure if the league would allow it, but here's my solution to this mess:

SF should let his agent speak with other teams to try to work out a possible trade and satisfactory contract for his client. If he finds a team willing to pay his price and willing to give SF compensation that they are ok with, then SF should sign Crabtree to a one day league minimum deal and make the trade that same day. This would solve the problem of having to have him under contract before they can move him and gives SF something for nothing essentially.

want2bAbronco2
09-21-2009, 08:17 PM
I think we could totally get Crab for BM and the bears 1st next year...not sure, we might have to toss in our 2nd next year as well. It would be a great deal though!

spdirty
09-21-2009, 08:22 PM
If Im the 49ers, Id let him rot all season. Then in next years draft if he is available Id take him in the second round and and offer him a second round contract. If he doesnt take it, Id let him rot another year. Out of pure spite.

rastaman
09-21-2009, 08:29 PM
I think we could totally get Crab for BM and the bears 1st next year...not sure, we might have to toss in our 2nd next year as well. It would be a great deal though!

Crab is un proven.....we know BMarsh can do on the field if we would pay him.

Question is can we still command a first and fourth for him?

FireFly
09-21-2009, 09:25 PM
If Im the 49ers, Id let him rot all season. Then in next years draft if he is available Id take him in the second round and and offer him a second round contract. If he doesnt take it, Id let him rot another year. Out of pure spite.

/signed

Would be my favorite front office move in NFL history :strong:

(esp. if he were available in the 3rd! Hilarious!)

UberBroncoMan
09-21-2009, 10:46 PM
What would it take?

Marshall....sorta proven

Crabtree....total unknown

add a 3rd? a 2nd? a BJ?

You can't possibly be serious... really I can't even see how this is a serious post... it's so ****ing stupid it's beyond me to even think about this anymore so I'm clicking submit reply and never coming back to this thread again.

Elway777
09-22-2009, 01:52 AM
I posted this idea and was really slaughter for it. I don't know the Broncos would have to wait intil march to trade for him. If the broncos can get crabtree to agree to reasonable contract at about 4 million a year then I would swap Marshall for Crabtee in march. A 5 year contract for 20 million and 10 million signing bonus would be a good deal for both sides. Crabtree played chicken with 49ers and lost. I don't think he wants to go back into the draft so I think Crabtree would be willing take a lesser deal from the Broncos unless he is a total idiot.

tsiguy96
09-22-2009, 02:16 AM

matt harrington v2

cmhargrove
09-22-2009, 08:01 AM
B-Marsh is having a slow start (because he doesn't know the playbook), but I think he will pick it up by about mid-season.

Hopefully, he helps us out in the grueling stretch of games 5-8.

Don't give up on him yet, he has time to come around and really help this team.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-22-2009, 08:06 AM

HEH.

Mark it zero!

s0phr0syne
09-22-2009, 08:57 AM
I'm not sure if the league would allow it, but here's my solution to this mess:

SF should let his agent speak with other teams to try to work out a possible trade and satisfactory contract for his client. If he finds a team willing to pay his price and willing to give SF compensation that they are ok with, then SF should sign Crabtree to a one day league minimum deal and make the trade that same day. This would solve the problem of having to have him under contract before they can move him and gives SF something for nothing essentially.

Interesting solution to the whole "trade deadline has passed" problem.

Like hargrove said, Marshall is having to make up for a missed TC and a missed preseason. To me that easily accounts for his bench time (doesn't know where to be, where to run) and for his lack of conditioning. The good thing is he should be getting caught up and be back to himself as we come out of the bye week and head into some rough waters. I also expect him to rebound steadily as the season wears on.

kamakazi_kal
09-22-2009, 09:35 AM

No to Crabtree. At least with Marshall you know you have a player. Though I'm not sure where him or Royal have gone in the last two weeks.