PDA

View Full Version : ROF Ceremony - Bowlen

Mogulseeker
09-21-2009, 06:07 PM
Forgive me if this is a duplicate, but I don't think it's getting enough play here.

Anyone at the game yesterday watch the Shannon Sharpe induction ceremony?

When Bowlen was introduced onto the field, surprisingly, most of the stadium erupted in boos. Certainly more than who were cheering.

All this for a guy who has given the city of Denver the winningest football franchise in America during his tenure, and brought 2 championships to town.

Bad form, Broncos fans.

BlaK-Argentina
09-21-2009, 06:16 PM
Didn't know that. That sucks. WTF Broncos fans?

leon
09-21-2009, 06:20 PM
Some of these broncos fanS need to grow up!!!!

tsiguy96
09-21-2009, 06:21 PM
wow, boo the guy who has been nothing but great to this city. you know who the real fans are then. booing the owner whos had one of the most successful runs at football of any pro sport owner is absolutely ridiculous

BlaK-Argentina
09-21-2009, 06:23 PM
wow, boo the guy who has been nothing but great to this city. you know who the real fans are then. booing the owner whos had one of the most successful runs at football of any pro sport owner is absolutely ridiculous

And all because we lost a whiny bitch of a turnover prone QB and a coach that had gone stale. They had no business booing Bowlen.

orinjkrush
09-21-2009, 06:25 PM
make a billion dollars?

jeez.

Chris
09-21-2009, 06:38 PM
Who the heck are these people? Makes me angry. Not a true representation.

Irish Stout
09-21-2009, 06:39 PM
Wow,thats disappointing big time.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-21-2009, 06:47 PM
They were yelling "you gutless drunk." It sounds like boo when it crescendos down from 70,000 members of the classy Bronco Nation.

phillybroncosnut
09-21-2009, 06:48 PM
No... That cant be true... According to people here, only Philly fans boo:deadhorse

Broncosfreak_56
09-21-2009, 06:50 PM
I didn't really notice it.

spdirty
09-21-2009, 06:50 PM
He probably forgot about it by now.

But good to know that the fans are showing Bowlen whos really boss and what they think about his performance as owner over the last offseason.

As much as he may resent it, we are Bronco fans, not Pat Bowlen fans. That team belongs to Denver. And we will still be here long after Pat Bowlen is gone.

Cito Pelon
09-21-2009, 06:51 PM
Yah, there are some real sorry ass Bronco fans floating around, many of them in Denver and surrounds. I don't mind criticism, but to boo the team at home disgusts me, disgusts me to my heart.

Rohirrim
09-21-2009, 06:52 PM
He should sell the franchise to Bidwell and give them something to boo about. Or how about Art Modell? Al Davis? Bunch of spoiled brats. Do we have a thumbs down smilie?

orinjkrush
09-21-2009, 06:54 PM
who "owns" the DENVER Broncos?

Bowlen?

DENVER?

What about the Boise Broncos? OOPS.

Popps
09-21-2009, 06:59 PM
There are a few idiots at every game. I wasn't there, so I don't know what percentage of people were booing.

I do know that Mr. B did the right thing this off-season, and the results are showing this to be the case thus far.

Anyone who would attack him over one off-season simply has no football intelligence nor any sense of historical perspective with regards to this team.

colonelbeef
09-21-2009, 07:20 PM
There are a few idiots at every game. I wasn't there, so I don't know what percentage of people were booing.

I do know that Mr. B did the right thing this off-season, and the results are showing this to be the case thus far.

Anyone who would attack him over one off-season simply has no football intelligence nor any sense of historical perspective with regards to this team.

Hi, I'm Popps, I make broad generalizations and jump to ridiculously stupid conclusions after 2 games in an NFL season, particularly after wins against 2 of the worst 5 teams in the league.

If the Broncos had lost these two games, we'd be looking down the barrel of 2-14. Don't get all "I told you so" just yet.

BTW, Cutler just came from behind and beat the world champion Steelers in the rain- dropped passes, no run game, and terrible route running be damned

Popps
09-21-2009, 07:39 PM
Hi, I'm Popps, I make broad generalizations and jump to ridiculously stupid conclusions after 2 games in an NFL season,

Yea, I've made so many predictions. Care to link to any? Go ahead and link to the "generalizations" I've made, douche-bag.

Those generalizations were made by losers like yourself who insisted we were **** before you ever saw us play a game.

Guess you feel pretty stupid now that we're 2-0, huh? It's understandable. You're sort of lashing out at people now.

Poor guy.

Hang in there. We'll lose eventually. Maybe you'll get your wish and we'll fail.

spdirty
09-21-2009, 08:13 PM
Yea, I've made so many predictions. Care to link to any? Go ahead and link to the "generalizations" I've made, douche-bag.

Those generalizations were made by losers like yourself who insisted we were **** before you ever saw us play a game.

Guess you feel pretty stupid now that we're 2-0, huh? It's understandable. You're sort of lashing out at people now.

Poor guy.

Hang in there. We'll lose eventually. Maybe you'll get your wish and we'll fail.

Hey #1 Bronco fan, nobody wants them to lose. Folks are just saying put your pecker back in your pants, take a cold shower, and take another look at the 10 game stretch before declaring this the greatest offseason in Broncos history.

We beat the Bungles on a miracle and then the AFC version of the Detroit Lions in a game that was up in the air till the 4th quarter.

Lets see how Kyle Orton does against the Raiders. Lets see how the defense does against the blah blah blah teams after the Raiders before declaring McDaniels and Bowlen geniuses.

I really hope you and your fellow fan police can run around these forums going on about how wrong we were after week 10. Not week 2.

loborugger
09-21-2009, 08:23 PM
No... That cant be true... According to people here, only Philly fans boo:deadhorse

Ahhh, Philly. Where the 'nosebleed section' has a whole different meaning.

milehighJC
09-21-2009, 08:25 PM
When Bowlen was introduced onto the field, surprisingly, most of the stadium erupted in boos. Certainly more than who were cheering.

Was there... heard the boos, but at least where I was sitting (510), sounded like a small minority to me. Mostly I heard polite applause (not necessarily cheering).

jc

missingnumber7
09-21-2009, 08:51 PM
Forgive me if this is a duplicate, but I don't think it's getting enough play here.

All this for a guy who has given the city of Denver the winningest football franchise in America during his tenure, and brought 2 championships to town.

Bad form, Broncos fans.

I didn't hear boos, but then again I was in the club level, most of them were probably supprised that the team wasn't on the field.

Hamrob
09-21-2009, 09:30 PM
Hey #1 Bronco fan, nobody wants them to lose. Folks are just saying put your pecker back in your pants, take a cold shower, and take another look at the 10 game stretch before declaring this the greatest offseason in Broncos history.

We beat the Bungles on a miracle and then the AFC version of the Detroit Lions in a game that was up in the air till the 4th quarter.

Lets see how Kyle Orton does against the Raiders. Lets see how the defense does against the blah blah blah teams after the Raiders before declaring McDaniels and Bowlen geniuses.

I really hope you and your fellow fan police can run around these forums going on about how wrong we were after week 10. Not week 2.Very well put!

Although, I sincerely hope we're 10-6 or better this year. I really think it can happen if our defense plays as well as they've looked so far. For that alone I give McDaniels huge credit.

As for our offense, yeah we're getting the yards so far, but can Orton do it when it matters. Yes, I think he can keep from turning alot of balls over and thus if our defense plays well, we will be in games. But, can he take us down the field to score when we absolutely need to? And no, I don't count the Bungles game. We'll see...we've got alot of ball to watch.

spdirty
09-21-2009, 09:46 PM
Very well put!

Although, I sincerely hope we're 10-6 or better this year. I really think it can happen if our defense plays as well as they've looked so far. For that alone I give McDaniels huge credit.

As for our offense, yeah we're getting the yards so far, but can Orton do it when it matters. Yes, I think he can keep from turning alot of balls over and thus if our defense plays well, we will be in games. But, can he take us down the field to score when we absolutely need to? And no, I don't count the Bungles game. We'll see...we've got alot of ball to watch.

Yeah I look at how the defense is playing, looking ahead Id give us no shot against the Cowboys or Ravens, but the Steelers and Patriots sure look beatable right now. Thats if Polomalu stays hurt and Brady doesnt get right by the time we play em. Everything goes right I could possibly see 10 wins there.

If we do win 9+, Id much much rather take my hat off, let Popps and his minions spank me for ever doubting McD and Bowlen, and eat crow than continue to be plssed off about how f'ed up this offseason was.

MaloCS
09-21-2009, 10:01 PM
I say if you want to boo then boo. I know most of you guys want to believe that sportsmanship, loyalty and team play are still cornerstones of professional football but you are sadly wrong. Those days are long gone and we are living in the times of "it's a business".

If "it's a business" is the philosophy then it comes with a consumer side as well as a management/business side. You can't cry "it's a business" over and over and not expect to be scrutinized like a normal business. If I buy a product from company x and that product fails to live up to expectations I can exchange it or get a refund. If company x treats me badly I can complain to the BBB, call Tom Martino or boycott company x's services. If "it's a business" is how the NFL and more specifically, the Broncos want to conduct themselves then they should expect to hear the complaints of their customers. After all, that's what businesses have, customers, not fans.

Did Bowlen care about the fans when he sold the naming rights to the stadium? Hell no. Does he care that his fans are struggling to pay for season tickets and buy gear? Hell no. Does he care that his fans waste money on player jerseys that are longer with the team? Hell no. Did Bowlen care about this 22 year season ticket holder when he moved our 20 yard line seats to the back of the end zone? Hell no. Bowlen only cares about his so called fans as long as they keep putting money in his pocket.

After all, "IT'S A BUSINESS".

bronco militia
09-21-2009, 10:20 PM
bowlen gets booed every time he grabs the mike at Invesco.

who cares...the old fart won't remember

Cito Pelon
09-21-2009, 10:32 PM

Poor guy.

It's surprising to me after I put beef and his ilk on ignore how few posters there are here. I shouldn't have been so surprised, but there we are.

It's kind of sad that the Broncs get booed at home coming into the home opener 1-0, steadily kick the crap out of the opponent in the home opener and on this board get the equivalent of boos at the home field.

You don't often see a more one-sided victory.

25 first downs vs. 11 first downs

449 yds vs. 200 yds

27 points vs. 6 points

186 rushing yds vs. 54 rushing yds

74 O plays vs. 56 O plays

But, there we are.

MaloCS
09-21-2009, 10:41 PM
It's kind of sad that the Broncs get booed at home coming into the home opener 1-0, steadily kick the crap out of the opponent in the home opener and on this board get the equivalent of boos at the home field.

Hey... it's a business.

tsiguy96
09-21-2009, 10:47 PM
Hi, I'm Popps, I make broad generalizations and jump to ridiculously stupid conclusions after 2 games in an NFL season, particularly after wins against 2 of the worst 5 teams in the league.

If the Broncos had lost these two games, we'd be looking down the barrel of 2-14. Don't get all "I told you so" just yet.

BTW, Cutler just came from behind and beat the world champion Steelers in the rain- dropped passes, no run game, and terrible route running be damned

yea cutlers win had nothing to do with 2 missed gimme FGs by reed at the end of the game....sure we got lucky (i still say ****ty play by defensive player) to win 1 of our games, they got a gift wrapped package from reed to go ahead and play

Taco John
09-21-2009, 11:05 PM
People are people.

When my parents got divorced, I was angry at both of them for a long time. One of them I was more angry at than the other. People would tell me how much I owed my parents and how much they've done for me. It didn't take away my anger. I just had to work through it and let time heal all wounds.

I think it's poor form to boo the owner at a home game, but I don't know what anybody expects from these fans who believed in what Shanahan was building, and wanted to see our HOF coach complete the work he had started. It's true that many of them are being unreasonable. But it's a divorce. Unreasonable things happen during divorces.

Time heals all wounds. Winning speeds that up.

Go Broncos.

SouthStndJunkie
09-21-2009, 11:07 PM
People are people.

When my parents got divorced, I was angry at both of them for a long time. One of them I was more angry at than the other. People would tell me how much I owed my parents and how much they've done for me. It didn't take away my anger. I just had to work through it and let time heal all wounds.

I think it's poor form to boo the owner at a home game, but I don't know what anybody expects from these fans who believed in what Shanahan was building, and wanted to see our HOF coach complete the work he had started. It's true that many of them are being unreasonable. But it's a divorce. Unreasonable things happen during divorces.

Go Broncos.

Good analogy.

Mogulseeker
09-21-2009, 11:26 PM
Wow this thing went down fast...

Not much more needs to be said other than: Pat Bowlen has been great for the city of Denver, and booing him is a douche move.

KevinJames
09-21-2009, 11:27 PM
They also booed Orton for throwing the ball away and making a smart decision........

Cito Pelon
09-21-2009, 11:33 PM
People are people.

Go Broncos.

You could have finished with just the 'time heals all wounds', but you had to spur.

Popps
09-21-2009, 11:37 PM
Wow this thing went down fast...

Not much more needs to be said other than: Pat Bowlen has been great for the city of Denver, and booing him is a douche move.

Add a 2-0 start to the equation after people were here comparing him to Hitler, and it's really apparent which fans have perspective, and which are just blathering for the sake of it.

Bowlen has repeatedly shown that he's capable of making good moves for this franchise. He's earned our support and god forbid, a little trust. Jumping up his ass without ANY supportive evidence is absolutely classless.

OBF1
09-21-2009, 11:59 PM
Yeah I look at how the defense is playing, looking ahead Id give us no shot against the Cowboys or Ravens, but the Steelers and Patriots sure look beatable right now. Thats if Polomalu stays hurt and Brady doesnt get right by the time we play em. Everything goes right I could possibly see 10 wins there.

If we do win 9+, Id much much rather take my hat off, let Popps and his minions spank me for ever doubting McD and Bowlen, and eat crow than continue to be plssed off about how f'ed up this offseason was.

If we do not win another game.... or win the super bowl, you will still be a piece of shiat. Bowlan has done more for Denver Broncos football than any other person ever. Get over your judgemental self and enjoy the ride you spoiled biotch.

listopencil
09-22-2009, 12:06 AM
No. They were yelling "Boo-owlen".

JCMElway
09-22-2009, 12:17 AM

But good to know that the fans are showing Bowlen whos really boss and what they think about his performance as owner over the last offseason.

As much as he may resent it, we are Bronco fans, not Pat Bowlen fans. That team belongs to Denver. And we will still be here long after Pat Bowlen is gone.

Ah, Bowlen was probably drunk and didn't notice.....

lex
09-22-2009, 12:38 AM

Bad form, Broncos fans.

People need to be careful not to talk out of both sides of their mouths. To defend Bowlens decisions by saying the past is in the past regarding Shanahan and not say the same about Bowlen is double talk.

lex
09-22-2009, 12:50 AM
Was there... heard the boos, but at least where I was sitting (510), sounded like a small minority to me. Mostly I heard polite applause (not necessarily cheering).

jc

Ha! Like a golf clap. I guess that would be perfect considering how many people feel the new stadium has become too gentrified.

lazarus4444
09-22-2009, 01:47 AM

All i got to say to you is 2-0, bitch!

Cito Pelon
09-22-2009, 02:28 AM
All i got to say to you is 2-0, b****!

Bailey dude has a lot of pure hatred for the Broncos from what I've seen. He tries to temper it some. It's a shame. There's about 10k people at Mile High that have pure hatred for the Broncos also, they attend the game to boo the Broncos.

maher_tyler
09-22-2009, 04:35 AM

Can just admit your a Bears fan and get it over with already or just grossly infatuated with Cutler?!

barryr
09-22-2009, 07:36 AM
I also heard many boos from "fans" just about whenever Orton threw an incomplete pass. Needing to grow up is just part of their problem.

TailgateNut
09-22-2009, 07:46 AM

Damn, you are going to be feasting on giant helpings of crow at the end of this season, and you are one who will NOT get a pass (just like jhns and BF7).

TailgateNut
09-22-2009, 07:47 AM

I forgot: Fvck Cutler. I'd rather cheer for Quitterson, and as we all know he's lower than whale ****.

TailgateNut
09-22-2009, 07:52 AM

9+ wins is what it will take for you to think we've improved? Are you kidding? The Shanahan, Slowick, and whiner train would have been derailed if they would have faced this years' schedule.
We would probably be 1-1 (and I'M been generous) if Jay would have been playing for us in game one (4 int's would've killed us), and our D would still suck balls.

TailgateNut
09-22-2009, 07:54 AM
If we do not win another game.... or win the super bowl, you will still be a piece of shiat. Bowlan has done more for Denver Broncos football than any other person ever. Get over your judgemental self and enjoy the ride you spoiled biotch.

:thanku:

baja
09-22-2009, 08:08 AM
I say if you want to boo then boo. I know most of you guys want to believe that sportsmanship, loyalty and team play are still cornerstones of professional football but you are sadly wrong. Those days are long gone and we are living in the times of "it's a business".

If "it's a business" is the philosophy then it comes with a consumer side as well as a management/business side. You can't cry "it's a business" over and over and not expect to be scrutinized like a normal business. If I buy a product from company x and that product fails to live up to expectations I can exchange it or get a refund. If company x treats me badly I can complain to the BBB, call Tom Martino or boycott company x's services. If "it's a business" is how the NFL and more specifically, the Broncos want to conduct themselves then they should expect to hear the complaints of their customers. After all, that's what businesses have, customers, not fans.

Did Bowlen care about the fans when he sold the naming rights to the stadium? Hell no. Does he care that his fans are struggling to pay for season tickets and buy gear? Hell no. Does he care that his fans waste money on player jerseys that are longer with the team? Hell no. Did Bowlen care about this 22 year season ticket holder when he moved our 20 yard line seats to the back of the end zone? Hell no. Bowlen only cares about his so called fans as long as they keep putting money in his pocket.

After all, "IT'S A BUSINESS".

Once and a while you read a post that is so well written and the argument so compelling that it changes the way you look at an issue, this post is one of those for me.

Great take Seņor

spdirty
09-22-2009, 08:28 AM
9+ wins is what it will take for you to think we've improved? Are you kidding? The Shanahan, Slowick, and whiner train would have been derailed if they would have faced this years' schedule.
We would probably be 1-1 (and I'M been generous) if Jay would have been playing for us in game one (4 int's would've killed us), and our D would still suck balls.

So you dont think New England, Pittsburgh, Oakland, KC, Washington, or Philly are winnable. After what we've seen this season. I look at those games, look at those teams, and say we should at least be competitive. For such a great Broncos fan you dont have a lot of faith.

spdirty
09-22-2009, 08:32 AM
All i got to say to you is 2-0, b****!

Yeah thats what I said last year and 2 years ago to the Shanahan haters.

spdirty
09-22-2009, 08:43 AM

Well according to him its HIS TEAM, just like we are HIS FANS. Hey remember the great thing he did in 1998, cashing in on the first Super Bowl he said if we didnt pass the new stadium he would sell the team to an owner who would then move the team? Yeah that was one of the best things Bowlen ever did for Denver.

TailgateNut
09-22-2009, 08:44 AM
So you dont think New England, Pittsburgh, Oakland, KC, Washington, or Philly are winnable. After what we've seen this season. I look at those games, look at those teams, and say we should at least be competitive. For such a great Broncos fan you dont have a lot of faith.

I predicted we'd go 9-7 or 10-6. I was commenting on your REQUIREMENT to win 9 games for you to stop being pissed off. Quote "If we do win 9+, Id much much rather take my hat off, let Popps and his minions spank me for ever doubting McD and Bowlen, and eat crow than continue to be plssed off about how f'ed up this offseason was."

I personally think EVERY game is winnable. Positive outlook and attitude wins more games than going on the field with your tail between your legs.

Irish Stout
09-22-2009, 08:47 AM
I personally think EVERY game is winnable. Positive outlook and attitude wins more games than going on the field with your tail between your legs.

Thank God you are out there TGN. I thought I was the only one who honestly thinks that every game is winnable.

lex
09-22-2009, 08:55 AM
Can just admit your a Bears fan and get it over with already or just grossly infatuated with Cutler?!

Its not so much that he's a Bears fan as much as its that youre a Denver Patriots (or Patriots West) fan.

Beantown Bronco
09-22-2009, 08:56 AM
But, but.....I thought the OMane posters didn't in any way represent the makeup of the "true fanbase". How quickly things have changed:

To any fans that attended the game tonight, great job! Very proud to hear the fans out there rooting hard for the team through the tough times, and pitching hell at a guy who didn't want to be here.

As many have noted, this board never represents the fan-base, and tonight showed that with crystal-clear certainty.

Our fan-base is a die-hard, hardcore fan-base. Props to them for showing support through rocky times, and making a big statement about their love for the team tonight.

Fans aren't always supposed to be rational. They're supposed to be fanatics.

Proud of this team and its fan-base, and can't wait for the season to start.

lex
09-22-2009, 09:03 AM
But, but.....I thought the OMane posters didn't in any way represent the makeup of the "true fanbase". How quickly things have changed:

Ouch. Im guessing that was after the preseason game against Chicago.

Basically, the Broncos fans are mad. A lot of them are mad for a lot of different reasons. Its Bowlen, its McDaniels, its Cutler...it may even be Joe Ellis. And if Cutler's not there to boo, theyll boo Bowlen...its not a problem.

Its actually refreshing to hear that this is going on. It means that no one is getting a pass for what happened. Thats the way it should be. The fanbase shouldnt be a bunch of mindless sheep.

Also, spdirty's last post is the sad truth and no amount of window dressing is going to change that.

bronco militia
09-22-2009, 09:06 AM
Ouch. Im guessing that was after the preseason game against Chicago.

Basically, the Broncos fans are mad. A lot of them are mad for a lot of different reasons. Its Bowlen, its McDaniels, its Cutler...it may even be Joe Ellis. And if Cutler's not there to boo, theyll boo Bowlen...its not a problem.

Its actually refreshing to hear that this is going on. It means that no one is getting a pass for what happened. Thats the way it should be. The fanbase shouldnt be a bunch of mindless sheep.

Also, spdirty's last post is the sad truth and no amount of window dressing is going to change that.

fans will always boo bowlen for the new uniforms, the Stadium, and the Name change...

lex
09-22-2009, 09:07 AM
fans will always boo bowlen for the Stadium and the Name change...

You get what you get.

alkemical
09-22-2009, 09:09 AM

ya, like getting the city to pay for his new stadium so he didn't move the team.

Popps
09-22-2009, 10:43 AM

I wasn't at the game, were you?

I have no idea what percentage of people boo'd Bowlen. I did hear people booing Cutler and I'll go out on a limb and bet that the boo's Bowlen heard were nothing similar. (Didn't one poster say they didn't even notice them?)

By this board not representing the fan-base, I simply mean that you have full-time spammers bashing the team here 24/7, giving the false impression that fans here are against management to a much larger degree than they really are.

Several polls here have shown overwhelmingly that fans support the team in its new direction, even before we won a game.

The "gutless drunk" crowd is a small, bitter minority that doesn't have a proper historical perspective on what Bowlen has done for this franchise.

broncocalijohn
09-22-2009, 10:53 AM
Was in the south stands and didnt notice it enough to comment on it. There wasnt over the top cheering either. I did notice thorughout the game that the anti-Orton (like it is the guy's fault)/Pro Cutler crowd would boo at every incompletion including the ones that were on the WR (insert Marshall) for running the wrong route. This will probably go on throughout the year. They are letting their voices be heard. Dont agree with it but they paid the money for their ticket.

Beantown Bronco
09-22-2009, 10:55 AM
I think the percentage of unhappy fans is much higher than you give it credit for.

They were clearly present in some of the camp reports, the preseason scrimmage, all throughout the first half of the game Sunday, and the ROF ceremony. And the team is now 2-0.

God help them if they start losing or playing like crap at home.

bronco militia
09-22-2009, 10:59 AM
I think the percentage of unhappy fans is much higher than you give it credit for.

They were clearly present in some of the camp reports, the preseason scrimmage, all throughout the first half of the game Sunday, and the ROF ceremony. And the team is now 2-0.

God help them if they start losing or playing like crap at home.

yep....

Happy unicorn land errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr the Orange Mane does not represent the feelings of most Broncos fans in Denver

ScottXray
09-22-2009, 11:09 AM
You could have finished with just the 'time heals all wounds', but you had to spur.

I didn't read TJs comment the way you did.

It's a true statement...the critical bunch will come around if we keep winning.
Most people, on both sides, have said repeatedly that Winning will fix everything. Winning more than most expected and ending up around .500 or better should be enough to turn most back positive, although there are always a few who just want to be right, and damn the results.

Not sure if its going to happen yet, but the Defensive improvement gives me hope. Tough stretch is coming soon. If we are competitive and win a few of those and say go into post thanksgiving at 6-7 wins we have a shot at the division.

crush17
09-22-2009, 11:12 AM
I was at the game and I noticed something different than the "boo birds".

What I noticed was that Bowlen could barely speak articulately, made a VERY ho-hum introduction for Sharpe, and was emotionless and quiet throughout the ceremony.

I talked to fans around me about it, and we all agreed either he was completely BLASTED drunk and slurring his words, or that he was in bad health and was having issues that we don't know about.

Regardless, it wasn't what I'm used to from Bowlen.

Meck77
09-22-2009, 11:37 AM
I predicted we'd go 9-7 or 10-6. I was commenting on your REQUIREMENT to win 9 games for you to stop being pissed off. Quote "If we do win 9+, Id much much rather take my hat off, let Popps and his minions spank me for ever doubting McD and Bowlen, and eat crow than continue to be plssed off about how f'ed up this offseason was."

I've come to the conclusion that people are generally either optimists or pessimists. I'm not just talking about the 2009 Broncos. I'm talking about life in general.

If you go thru life predicting the worst case scenario for yourself you'll certainly achieve that. Or you can go thru life expecting the best. You may come up a bit short but it's certainly better then never giving yourself a chance at all.

So to the fans who gave us no chance at the beginning of the season you aren't a bad fan. You are a pessimistic fan and you are certainly free to view this as a losing season every step of the way. All I can say is I'm glad our coach and our team believes in themselves unlike you.

As far as Bowlen goes booing him in the stands isn't much different then booing him online and the Broncos PR office made that obvious to this community this off season. They've been following and reading this forum for a long time. :welcome:

Go Kyle Orton....Go Broncos.......

missingnumber7
09-22-2009, 01:09 PM

What I noticed was that Bowlen could barely speak articulately, made a VERY ho-hum introduction for Sharpe, and was emotionless and quiet throughout the ceremony.

I talked to fans around me about it, and we all agreed either he was completely BLASTED drunk and slurring his words, or that he was in bad health and was having issues that we don't know about.

His age really showed thats for sure.

SportinOne
09-22-2009, 01:21 PM
How dare people have opinions that differ from yours. They NEED to just fall in line.

RaiderH8r
09-22-2009, 01:53 PM

Did you see him introduce Zim for the Hall? It was a rough go of a speech. The guy may be solid gold everywhere else in the world but with a mic in his hand he struggles. Or he's drunk.

None the less, it is a business, they bought the ticket, they can boo if they choose. Personally, I wouldn't have and I'm one of his biggest critics this past offseason. But I think it is important to keep that criticism in house, between the fans and the club. Like a family, you don't air your dirty laundry for the world to see.

Beantown Bronco
09-22-2009, 02:14 PM
But I think it is important to keep that criticism in house, between the fans and the club. Like a family, you don't air your dirty laundry for the world to see.

Look on the bright side. They didn't show any of that on the national feed of the game, so the world never got to see/hear it. All we got was about 5 seconds of Shannon Sharpe saying a few words and crying. Pretty weak coverage if you ask me.

Bronco Yoda
09-22-2009, 02:36 PM
People are people.

Go Broncos.

This is no time to be reasonable...stop it. :giggle:

RaiderH8r
09-22-2009, 02:36 PM
Look on the bright side. They didn't show any of that on the national feed of the game, so the world never got to see/hear it. All we got was about 5 seconds of Shannon Sharpe saying a few words and crying. Pretty weak coverage if you ask me.

Good point. If the world got to see it I wouldn't have to endure ass piping Eagles and Steelers fans at the god damned bar while going $100 bones in the hole on the sauce. Why do all other NFL fans suck so hard on such big elephant dong? If they were cool they'd be Bronco fans anyway.:strong:

But Christ the Eagles fans yap a sh!t ton for a squad whose best moment came when a movie was made about some bar maid who walked on to make their club back in the 1930's or some such stupid crap. I don't watch lame movies like that anyway. And their city is such a sphincter that they had to embrace a fictional character to embody the spirit of their sh!t heap little burg. "Yo Adrian! Blow me!" Clowns.

And Steelers fans....they're Steelers fans fer Chrissakes!