PDA

View Full Version : Please help on tickets!

iDENVER
09-21-2009, 05:32 PM
i got some tickets for the ravens game off www.vividseats.com and they said i never paid them or something gotta get it straightened out either way i dont think i get tickets. anyone know where to get some reasonable seats for a good price to the ravens or the redskins game? please help

cmhargrove
09-21-2009, 05:44 PM
I get mine through Alliance Tickets.

A Denver based brick and mortar store. They've allways gotten me good seats at fair prices.

http://www.alliancetickets.com/

iDENVER
09-21-2009, 05:45 PM
anyone? where do u guys get ur tickets

Tankgunner95
09-21-2009, 06:02 PM
I always went through STUBHUB they always get my tickets like next day.

iDENVER
09-21-2009, 06:03 PM
thanks anyone else got other places

iDENVER
09-21-2009, 06:20 PM
is eBay or craigslist reliable?

smalltowngrll
09-21-2009, 10:09 PM
Ticketmaster. Get them from the season ticket holders.

Also, wait until the week of the game. Often times the visiting team returns tickets and you can get some for face value.

Check the tickets thread here on the mane in the tailgate forum.

Check ebay. I've always had good luck with that. Don't get sucked into paying too much over face value on tickets. So, make sure to check out the broncos website to know what face value is for each section.
Take a chance and show up on game day. Tailgate in the lots and I guarantee you that someone will have extra tickets. I've never been to a game where someone at the tailgate didn't have an extra pair. (and I'm not talking about the scalpers)

Stubhub and the other brokers would be my last resort. They usually mark up tickets much higher than you can get from other avenues.

Know what you want, where you want to sit and what face is. Price shop and compare and don't think that the ones you see in front of you are the 'last set' you'll have a chance at. There are always tickets available and often times they get cheaper as you get closer to gameday.

Vegas_Bronco
09-21-2009, 10:22 PM
i got some tickets for the ravens game off www.vividseats.com and they said i never paid them or something gotta get it straightened out either way i dont think i get tickets. anyone know where to get some reasonable seats for a good price to the ravens or the redskins game? please help

Just write Shannon Sharpe and tell him you really enjoyed being a part of his parachuting ROF appearance on Sunday and that it will be a memory you treasure for life. Ask him if he could help you get some Ravens Tix. You could end the letter with something like this..."I appreciated that you let me down...when we landed I was still 3-4 inches in the air on your back and 'it' was riding high and tight and you let me down before the burn started."

Shannon is a sucker for tight end stuff.

Jerry Curl
09-21-2009, 11:39 PM
craigslist is good.

Crushisback
09-21-2009, 11:55 PM
The stadium about 15 minutes before kickoff.

bfoflcommish
09-22-2009, 06:51 AM

i told someone else this before and will say it again...yes yes yes

why pay fees on a site? why risk getting non payment issue like other site you went through.

go day of game check all sellers and take your pick of seats!

iDENVER
09-22-2009, 06:59 AM
i told someone else this before and will say it again...yes yes yes

why pay fees on a site? why risk getting non payment issue like other site you went through.

go day of game check all sellers and take your pick of seats!

but i need at least 3 tickets.. and i will be at the baltimore stadium? is that the same thing... my first game

RhymesayersDU
09-22-2009, 07:19 AM
I use StubHub and have never been disappointed.

bfoflcommish
09-22-2009, 07:19 AM
never been to baltimore game but would imagine its same, and here you can get more then 2 tickets (i.e. 3) rather easy.

missingnumber7
09-22-2009, 07:55 AM
I got 6 off craigslist for the steelers game..had em checked at the stadium to make sure they were legit.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-22-2009, 07:58 AM
I've always had great luck with StubHub or Craigslist. I know for the DC game that StubHub is the "official ticket reseller" of the Washington Redskins. Whatever the hell that means.

Irish Stout
09-22-2009, 08:50 AM
Craigslist is good cause you can actually meet the person to buy the tickets off them.

philiptr2
09-22-2009, 09:06 AM

About 15 minutes after kickoff and you can usually get the price cut in half.

Pros: A great cheaper option if you dont mind watching the first quater in the parking lot. I've done it lots of times.

Cons: You dont have a variety of tickets to choose from...you have to be happy just getting into the stadium, and you risk the scalpers selling out.

NYBroncoManiac
09-22-2009, 10:22 AM
Woops... bad post. I didn't see which games you were talking about.

broncocalijohn
09-22-2009, 11:17 AM
Craigslist is good cause you can actually meet the person to buy the tickets off them.

Craiglist is full of flakes that has no guarantee (mostly buyers and not sellers). I do like it based on no fees added so prices are normally less. If you like paypal's return policy (I haved had one issue of non sent and never returned my money), then paying that way might be ok. If you buy on CL, get as much info like seller's info so if the tickets were sold via barcode/internet, you have a backup of getting your money back. Also, needing three tickets is a horrible way of going down to the game and getting from a scalper. Normally pairs and 4s are the way they are sold. Good luck and have fun. Stub hub has been mentioned and is guaranteed but charges 15% to the seller so they will mark it up accordingly. Razor Gator is another site you can try.

CSU Husker
09-22-2009, 11:47 AM
If I ever bought internet/barcode tickets, I would get my ass to the stadium real early. Figure that the first person to use the tickets get in, while the rest would be screwed.

Natedogg
09-22-2009, 11:53 AM
i bought three tickets last year at browns skins for 35 a pop.

get their early and start drinking. (now tailgating is harder). Youll see scalpers there, tell them what you need and where you will be drinking and they will find tix and come back to you before game time. buy them when they offer for face value, or a little lower.

for three people, they wont be in the same row, but once you get in the door, just go and sit together in empty seats. (i rarely sit in my assigned seats at games.... but im usually in the upper level.)

Beantown Bronco
09-22-2009, 11:54 AM
For anyone interested, I just noticed that ticketmaster.com has face value upper level seats available for the Pats game.

Irish Stout
09-22-2009, 12:03 PM
Craiglist is full of flakes that has no guarantee (mostly buyers and not sellers).

Right, but thats why you agree to meet them somewhere to get the tickets, and you only take actual hard tickets from a seller.

broncocalijohn
09-22-2009, 12:08 PM
Right, but thats why you agree to meet them somewhere to get the tickets, and you only take actual hard tickets from a seller.

flakes meaning that buyers want them but never call back or show up. Hard tickets is always the way to go..... until they can email them to you. As mentioned, first one in gets the goods if the seller was reselling the tickets by printing up tons of copies. If you get them emailed to you instead of print out, seller wont be able to re-email. Plus, only ones to send via email bought them as a season ticket holder (which is proof) or ticketmaster that has records of who bought the tickets online. That is the safest way IMO.

iDENVER
09-22-2009, 01:31 PM
still looking for some tickets. never been to a game b4 so i am looking for great seats. ( 40 or 50 yard line lower level ) and i am looking to spend about $200-270

Beantown Bronco
09-22-2009, 01:43 PM
still looking for some tickets. never been to a game b4 so i am looking for great seats. ( 40 or 50 yard line lower level ) and i am looking to spend about $200-270

Each or total?

You're not going to be able to find a broker willing to sell tix in those sections for less than $350-400 per ticket unless you have the intestinal fortitude to wait until the day of the game. Your best options are (1) ebay/craigslist, (2) someone in the parking lot before the game, or (3) ticketmaster when the visiting team releases their tickets (though I'm 99% sure they won't make any available in those sections). You'll probably be in a lower level corner or somewhere in the upper deck.

missingnumber7
09-22-2009, 01:44 PM
did you check the ticket exchange?

iDENVER
09-22-2009, 01:56 PM
i have found multiple on the 50 yd line lower level for about 275, even some on stub hub

Beantown Bronco
09-22-2009, 02:11 PM
i have found multiple on the 50 yd line lower level for about 275, even some on stub hub

Wow. Baltimore is a bargain then. I was going by prices you could expect for a Denver home game.

TailgateNut
09-22-2009, 02:30 PM
Wow. Baltimore is a bargain then. I was going by prices you could expect for a Denver home game.

The night before the last game there were still hundreds of tix available for a few bucks over face value. I know. I "ATE" some.

That wont be the case for the Cheatriots, Cowgirls and Squeelers.

WolfpackGuy
09-22-2009, 02:46 PM
Most scalper tickets are **** if you want to try the gameday route. Bring a seating chart.

Go Stubhub or eBay if you're like me and like to have tickets in hand.

You also might be better off buying 4, and reselling the extra. 3 together are harder to find.

iDENVER
09-22-2009, 04:08 PM
http://www.stubhub.com/baltimore-ravens-tickets/?ticket_id=209751735

are these good price and seats??

iDENVER
09-22-2009, 05:40 PM
http://www.stubhub.com/baltimore-ravens-tickets/?ticket_id=209751735

are these good price and seats??

bump