PDA

View Full Version : Dumervil's game

BroncoMan4ever
09-21-2009, 03:04 PM
How sad is it for Doom that on an incredible very rare day with 4 sacks a stat that doesn't happen often, another player in the league had 5 sacks?

he should be getting so much press right now, and i haven't heard anything about his performance at all, all i hear about is Odom's 5 sack day.

Popps
09-21-2009, 03:08 PM
Doom had a great day. He also made big plays in the running game, as he has the past few weeks. This is just a more natural position for him, plain and simple.

As a lot of us said in the off-season, moving him to OLB and getting ride of Engelberger was two major upgrades to our D-line. Fields and McBean have been pleasant surprises, and Thomas is still in the wings, and will hopefully develop.

Ried has also made a nice play or two in every game he's played in. He was a great addition.

It's exciting to have a front seven like this, especially with Ayers developing and hopefully contributing more down the road.

Popcorn Sutton
09-21-2009, 03:17 PM
Did ya notice who caused the Cribbs fumble?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/09000d5d812c44c3/Dawkins-fumble-recovery

Borks147
09-21-2009, 03:19 PM
well - maybe if we keep him our little secret we can actually keep him after this (contract) year.

cmhargrove
09-21-2009, 03:24 PM
Doom had a great day. He also made big plays in the running game, as he has the past few weeks. This is just a more natural position for him, plain and simple.

As a lot of us said in the off-season, moving him to OLB and getting ride of Engelberger was two major upgrades to our D-line. Fields and McBean have been pleasant surprises, and Thomas is still in the wings, and will hopefully develop.

Ried has also made a nice play or two in every game he's played in. He was a great addition.

It's exciting to have a front seven like this, especially with Ayers developing and hopefully contributing more down the road.

Marcus actually played a lot yesterday, and I noticed he was better against the run. He surprised me, and I am starting to get a little more confident in his strength.

BMarsh615
09-21-2009, 03:25 PM
How sad is it for Doom that on an incredible very rare day with 4 sacks a stat that doesn't happen often, another player in the league had 5 sacks?

he should be getting so much press right now, and i haven't heard anything about his performance at all, all i hear about is Odom's 5 sack day.

NFL Primetime was just on and the Denver highlights were at the very end of the show, and all they showed was Dumervil's 4 sacks.

Cito Pelon
09-21-2009, 03:28 PM
Elvis is one of the most dominant LDE's I've ever seen passrushing. But you have to pick and choose when you're gonna passrush him from the LDE spot. The staff picked and choosed well Sunday.

He's a guy you want on the field every play because he has great stamina and pursuit (hell, the guy played the wedge on almost every KR since he was a rookie), pretty good at the point of attack on running downs.

His forte is eating RT's alive on the outside rush, though. We all saw it Sunday, Elvis just eats RT's alive on the outside passrush. Done it his whole career against a lot of different RT's.

gyldenlove
09-21-2009, 03:37 PM
Is anyone else happy to see Champ Bailey back?

2 games, 2 tipped passes, 2 INTs. He may not be the one coming down with the ball but he was the one who tipped the ball that Woodyard picked off and he was the one who tipped the ball that Mcbath picked off.

ludo21
09-21-2009, 03:44 PM
Doom is a beast so far. Hopefully he keeps up the play as the season wears on.

Chris
09-21-2009, 03:50 PM
Is anyone else happy to see Champ Bailey back?

2 games, 2 tipped passes, 2 INTs. He may not be the one coming down with the ball but he was the one who tipped the ball that Woodyard picked off and he was the one who tipped the ball that Mcbath picked off.

Good point. He's got a pass rush now, so I expect him to be back. He had his swagger back yesterday, shaking his head after tackling a Brown WR in the flat for no gain.

manchambo
09-21-2009, 04:03 PM
The two sack in a row was a thing of beauty. I was at the game and had a perfect vantage point.

First the tackle jumps early, obviously nervous about blocking Dumervil. Then he gets eaten up two plays in a row. I think if they had given the Browns three more downs Dumervil would have had three more sacks.

BroncoBuff
09-21-2009, 04:11 PM
He'll almost certainly be the AFC Defensive Player of the Week.

Announced on Wednesdays I think ....

SpringStein
09-21-2009, 04:17 PM
He'll almost certainly be the AFC Defensive Player of the Week.

Announced on Wednesdays I think ....

Isn't Cincinnati in the AFC? ;)

houghtam
09-21-2009, 04:24 PM
Even though Odom had 5 sacks, I think there's an outside chance that Doom's forced fumble and 7 tackles might tip the scales in his favor.

Here's to hoping.