PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Orton vs. Cutler comparison thread

Gort
09-21-2009, 08:34 AM
you know you want it. just admit it. so here it is! to be updated every week.

after week 2.

Orton
Comp Att Yards TD INT Rating
36 65 506 2 0 90.9

Cutler
44 74 513 3 4 71.5

Popcorn Sutton
09-21-2009, 08:37 AM
Seriously why do you want to continue this misery? No need to update these stats weekly. How will we ever move on?

spdirty
09-21-2009, 08:40 AM
to be updated every week.

yeah right.

Once week 10 rolls around, this thread wont dare be brought up. But, by then hopefully Chris Simms will have taken over as the starter so there will be no reason to.

spdirty
09-21-2009, 08:41 AM
Seriously why do you want to continue this misery? No need to update these stats weekly. How will we ever move on?

Like it or not, we will not move on from this trade until either Cutler flops or we get a real quarterback. And we shouldnt.

Tombstone RJ
09-21-2009, 08:41 AM

after week 2.

Orton
36 65 506 2 0 90.9

Cutler
44 74 513 3 4 71.5

I only want it if the Broncos are winning. If the Broncos aren't winning, then I prefer to stick my head in the sand, thank you very much.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-21-2009, 08:43 AM
yeah right.

Once week 10 rolls around, this thread wont dare be brought up. But, by then hopefully Chris Simms will have taken over as the starter so there will be no reason to.

If you want an accurate comparison, its cutler (whoeevr they took with our other pick...could it have been johnny knox actually) vs Ayers/A. Smith/ Orton/Moreno/Richard Quinn (everyone affected by the cutler trade)

ColoradoDarin
09-21-2009, 08:43 AM
Cutler 1-1
Orton 2-0

baja
09-21-2009, 08:45 AM
Just post a spoiler alert if Cutler pulls ahead. ;D

spdirty
09-21-2009, 08:48 AM
If you want an accurate comparison, its cutler (whoeevr they took with our other pick...could it have been johnny knox actually) vs Ayers/A. Smith/ Orton/Moreno/Richard Quinn (everyone affected by the cutler trade)

Problem is, Ayers and Quinn cant get on the damn field.

Gort
09-21-2009, 08:50 AM

just have a sense of humor about it. i expect cutler to have better numbers by year's end. but i also expect old noodle-arm to be much closer to cutler's numbers than some people expect. besides... it's a good way from week to week to see that we haven't lost *that* much production at QB.

i probably should add "fumbles" and "fumbles" lost. that was one of Jay's specialties. especially the redzone type when nobody was near him. :D

Popcorn Sutton
09-21-2009, 08:51 AM
just have a sense of humor about it. i expect cutler to have better numbers by year's end. but i also expect old noodle-arm to be much closer to cutler's numbers than some people expect. besides... it's a good way from week to week to see that we haven't lost *that* much production at QB.

I can have a sense of humor from here until next Tuesday but you know what this thread will turn in to.

Tombstone RJ
09-21-2009, 08:55 AM

Your not watching the same games I'm watching. Ayers did play and he did look better (he was in the backfield along with Doom and two of Doom's sacks).

As for Quinn, he's playing, he's on the field. Orton's not throwing to him yet but I see #81 quite a bit.

Gort
09-21-2009, 08:56 AM
I can have a sense of humor from here until next Tuesday but you know what this thread will turn in to.

i doubt it. it's the pro-Cutler "i hate McPoopy and the gutless drunk" crowd that is still emotionally invested. the rest of us have moved on. comparing the 2 is just a bit of fun at their expense, but also a good way to keep tabs on how the 2 QBs are really doing. even if Cutler has 1000 more yards and 10 more TDs by the end of the year, it really doesn't say one thing about what sort of season the Broncos had. Orton is here to manage games. Cutler is in Chicago to be a gunslinger.

Popcorn Sutton
09-21-2009, 08:59 AM
Your not watching the same games I'm watching. Ayers did play and he did look better (he was in the backfield along with Doom and two of Doom's sacks).

As for Quinn, he's playing, he's on the field. Orton's not throwing to him yet but I see #81 quite a bit.

If you've watched the Patriots at all over the last few years you notice that they are weird with tight ends. One game they'll target a tight end quite a bit and then nothing for the next three games. Quinn being the 3rd stringer behind Scheff and Graham will probably be relegated to blocking duties. I did see him in there several times yesterday and I saw Ayers as well. I like the fact that Ayers was showing some emotion.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-21-2009, 09:01 AM

Open your eyes next time. Ayers was in plenty rushing the passer and anytime we are in 3 TE sets (which happened a few times) Quinn is out there

spdirty
09-21-2009, 09:02 AM

I havent seen 52 or 81 but when the defense is on the field Im just watching 92, so I could very well be wrong. Havent seen Quinn, but if you have, then OK.

spdirty
09-21-2009, 09:14 AM
Whats funny is just about every time Orton walks off the field he's getting his ass chewed by McDaniels. Reminds me of Shanny-Plummer.

Let me rephrase that. Ortons play isnt funny, well, sometimes it is, but the sideline ass chewings are.

Rock Chalk
09-21-2009, 09:36 AM
I havent seen 52 or 81 but when the defense is on the field Im just watching 92, so I could very well be wrong. Havent seen Quinn, but if you have, then OK.

Ayers is 56.

You'd think a Bronco fan would know that.

Popps
09-21-2009, 10:03 AM
Whats funny is just about every time Orton walks off the field he's getting his ass chewed by McDaniels. Reminds me of Shanny-Plummer..

Let's only hope that Orton can be as effective at winning football games as Plummer was. Probably has a lot to do with taking care of the football, which Orton has done well so far. We saw our INTs go way up after Plummer left, so if McD/Orton wind up like Shanahan/Plummer, that would be a great start.

Add to that a defense that can play a full four quarters, and you've got a recipe for a team that could actually win a playoff game or two.

BMarsh615
09-21-2009, 10:15 AM
yeah right.

Not. Gonna. Happen.

GreatBronco16
09-21-2009, 10:15 AM
Whats funny is just about every time Orton walks off the field he's getting his ass chewed by McDaniels. Reminds me of Shanny-Plummer.

Let me rephrase that. Ortons play isnt funny, well, sometimes it is, but the sideline ass chewings are.

What's funny also, is that Orton takes those ass chewings like a man, listens to the coach, then goes out and tries to make the corrections. All without one single bitch.

BroncoBuff
09-21-2009, 10:17 AM
No kidding .. but these so-called haters Jay-haters will never let him go, they're clearly obsessed. They post more about Cutler than Orton.

Kyle will never be the quarterback Jay is. NEVER. That's why so many teams offered mutiple 1st rounders to get him. None of us are smarter than all these NFL personnal guys, GMs or coaches.

But he is IRRELEVANT NOW, so please, stop obsessing. It just brings up the angry divisions all over again. Please move along, there's plenty to be happy about now ^5

BMarsh615
09-21-2009, 10:22 AM
Orton:
2nd in NFL in 25-yd comp. (7),
3rd in avg. comp. (14.1),
6th in avg. yds. at catch (10.2).
Only AFC QB with 50+att., 0 INTs.

http://twitter.com/psmyth12/status/4150327066

Popcorn Sutton
09-21-2009, 10:31 AM
No kidding .. but these so-called haters Jay-haters will never let him go, they're clearly obsessed. They post more about Cutler than Orton.

Kyle will never be the quarterback Jay is. NEVER. That's why so many teams offered mutiple 1st rounders to get him. None of us are smarter than all these NFL personnal guys, GMs or coaches.

But he is IRRELEVANT NOW, so please, stop obsessing. It just brings up the angry divisions all over again. Please move along, there's plenty to be happy about now ^5

Agreed Buff. I tried to make this point a few days ago. If they were even similar in talent then why was the trade so lopsided?

BroncoMan4ever
09-21-2009, 11:09 AM
yeah right.

i'm sure no one will want to be reminded of the 15 INTs Cutler has by week 10.
i swear to god, we are 2-0, Orton has 2 TD passes and no INTs, and you still have to find reason to bitch. enjoy what is happening now. wait until Orton has cost us at least 1 game before you call for a replacement.

we could be in a worse situation, Cutler could have thrown 4 INTs for us.

BroncoMan4ever
09-21-2009, 11:14 AM

i noticed Ayers as well. i truly think that had he lined up over St Clair and not Thomas yesterday, today we would be praising him instead of Doom.

he;s getting there, few more weeks and he will be playing well for us.

BroncoMan4ever
09-21-2009, 11:14 AM

Ayers wears 56

Gort
09-27-2009, 04:52 PM
after week 3

Orton
49 88 663 3 0 91.24

Cutler
65 101 760 6 5 86.24

if i didn't make any dumb mistakes calculating the rating.

Rating Formula:
Step 1: Complete passes divided by pass attempts. Subtract 0.3, then divide by 0.2
Step 2: Passing yards divided by pass attempts. Subtract 3, then divide by 4.
Step 3: Touchdown passes divided by pass attempts, then divide by .05.
Step 4: Start with .095, and subtract interceptions divided by attempts. Divide the difference by.04.

The sum of each step cannot be greater than 2.375 or less than zero. Add the sum of the Steps 1 through 4, multiply by 100 and divide by 6.

Bronx33
09-27-2009, 04:53 PM
you really should do a 2008 orton vs a 2009 orton

Gort
09-27-2009, 04:55 PM

or how about a Cutler to Jamarcus Russell INT comparison? :thumbsup:

listopencil
09-27-2009, 05:08 PM

Why? Orton wasn't a Bronco in 08. It's more entertaining to do an Orton/Cutler comparison because of the trade.

BMarsh615
09-27-2009, 05:20 PM
Orton has played better than his QB Rating indicates. He throws the ball away a lot and it hurts his stats and makes his completion percentage look ****ty.

Bronx33
09-27-2009, 05:21 PM
Why? Orton wasn't a Bronco in 08. It's more entertaining to do an Orton/Cutler comparison because of the trade.

thats my point is he doing better?

listopencil
09-27-2009, 05:23 PM
thats my point is he doing better?

I think it's more fun to compare Orton-in-Denver to Cutler-in-Chicago because Cutler wanted the trade to happen. Then I can root for Cutler to fall down and die after he got what he wanted.

Bronx33
09-27-2009, 05:34 PM
I think it's more fun to compare Orton-in-Denver to Cutler-in-Chicago because Cutler wanted the trade to happen. Then I can root for Cutler to fall down and die after he got what he wanted.

I hate cutler just like the rest of them but iam just tired of these weekly cutler threads.

BroncoBuff
09-27-2009, 05:39 PM
Both were pretty awesome today, although Jay had had no running game to speak of.

rastaman
09-27-2009, 05:39 PM
I hate cutler just like the rest of them but iam just tired of these weekly cutler threads.

Why do you live in such denial?:approve:

baja
09-27-2009, 05:43 PM

Hey I got an idea- don't open them....

BroncoBuff
09-27-2009, 05:43 PM
I wonder when the Jay-haters are gonna come in for the serving of crow ...

Those nonsensical arguments, "No BroncoBuff, Jay was at fault for everything!" ROFL!

I watched him today, side by side with the Broncos, and the guy's a stud. Nobody who really knows football would argue ... and obviously the professionals have spoken on the topic. Yes, he was unspectacular down the stretch last season (with the 30th ranked defense and 7 RB on IR), and he has yet to prove he can lead a team top the playoffs ... but the kid is a stud. No two ways about it.

Orton looks like a stud too, though ... ;D

Bronx33
09-27-2009, 05:45 PM
Hey I got an idea- don't open them....

good point my bad...

TailgateNut
09-27-2009, 05:48 PM
I wonder when the Jay-haters are gonna come in for the serving of crow ...

... ;D

Why should we. Did we stop hating the douche?

SJ Bronco
09-27-2009, 05:48 PM
you guys are like scorned lovers....who cares about Cutler anymore?

Peoples Champ
09-27-2009, 05:51 PM
Orton, 3-0
Cutler-2-1

TailgateNut
09-27-2009, 05:52 PM

WE'RE not the ones' who have their panties wadded into our crack. We'll leave that to the california contingent of the OM.

How's you buddy SoCal taking the wins? Is it tearing him up?

BroncoBuff
09-27-2009, 05:54 PM

Good point ... I still like the guy, though. One of my favorite non-Broncos.

BroncoBuff
09-27-2009, 06:02 PM
WE'RE not the ones' who have their panties wadded into our crack. We'll leave that to the california contingent of the OM.

How's you buddy SoCal taking the wins? Is it tearing him up?C'mon tgn ... the Jay-haters are FAR more obsessed ... there was an 800-post I-told-you-so thread the night he threw 4 picks, remember? "See?! I told you he sucked!"

You can hate Cutler, I totally respect that. But I don't, I still really like him. My opinion, my choice. Why is that so hard for the Jay-haters?

And it would be nice if we didn't insult each other anymore ... that was kind of a cheap shot on SoCal, he's as good a Broncos fan as any of us (well actually, you're a shade better than the rest, but other that you, we're all equal ;D)

rastaman
09-27-2009, 06:04 PM
Why should we. Did we stop hating the douche?

My oh my...."hate" is such a strong word.:sunshine:

strafen
09-27-2009, 06:16 PM

after week 2.

Orton
36 65 506 2 0 90.9

Cutler
44 74 513 3 4 71.5

who gives a rat's ass?

TailgateNut
09-27-2009, 06:22 PM
My oh my...."hate" is such a strong word.:sunshine:

Just a reaction to his douchebaggery.

...and Buff you can still Love him, doesn't mean I have to.

TailgateNut
09-27-2009, 06:24 PM
C'mon tgn ... the Jay-haters are FAR more obsessed ... there was an 800-post I-told-you-so thread the night he threw 4 picks, remember? "See?! I told you he sucked!"

You can hate Cutler, I totally respect that. But I don't, I still really like him. My opinion, my choice. Why is that so hard for the Jay-haters?

And it would be nice if we didn't insult each other anymore ... that was kind of a cheap shot on SoCal, he's as good a Broncos fan as any of us (well actually, you're a shade better than the rest, but other that you, we're all equal ;D)

It's just because of his "Dear John" letter. It was BEYOND childish. You know which one i refer to, don't you?

colonelbeef
09-27-2009, 06:28 PM
Cutler looked fantastic today yet again. Game on the line, dude comes up big.

No run game and their defense looks much softer minus Urlacher and Hillenmeyer, but Cutler is making a lot of fans in Chicago

SJ Bronco
09-27-2009, 06:30 PM

How's you buddy SoCal taking the wins? Is it tearing him up?

I happen to be part of the cali contingent.....

broncobum6162
09-27-2009, 06:44 PM
after week 3

Orton
49 88 663 3 0 91.24

Cutler
65 101 760 6 5 86.24

Who in the hell had time to come up w/ that formula? I knew it was complicated but Holy ****!

colonelbeef
09-27-2009, 06:45 PM
Who in the hell had time to come up w/ that formula? I knew it was complicated but Holy ****!

Seriously.

BroncoBuff
09-27-2009, 07:04 PM
I just because of his "Dear John" letter. It was BEYOND childish. You know which one i refer to, don't you?

I don't think I do ... ?

TailgateNut
09-27-2009, 09:12 PM
I don't think I do ... ?

SoCal's "whaaaa, they're miastreating me, I'm runnin for the hills" rant. Childish is a nice way of describing it.

Rock Chalk
09-27-2009, 09:17 PM
after week 3

Orton
49 88 663 3 0 91.24

Cutler
65 101 760 6 5 86.24

Wait, Cutler has 97 more yards on 13 more attempts?

Orton = 7.53 per Attempt
Cutler = 7.52 per attempt

So much for the theory of the long ball....

bpc
09-27-2009, 09:52 PM
To be honest, Jay has led Chicago to 2nd half come from behind leads in each of the 3 games. He's done his part to help them win, even with his abominable first half vs. the Packers at their house.

Jay is good. He'll be real good. I hope we keep winning though, then it won't matter so much.

Rock Chalk
09-27-2009, 09:58 PM
To be honest, Jay has led Chicago to 2nd half come from behind leads in each of the 3 games. He's done his part to help them win, even with his abominable first half vs. the Packers at their house.

Jay is good. He'll be real good. I hope we keep winning though, then it won't matter so much.

To be fair, if it wasnt for Jay they wouldnt have had to come from behind in 2 of those games. And he got lucky in both his wins in that Reed who is a normally accurate kicker shanked two makeable FGs and that Seattle has already been completely decimated by injury.

The bears could very well be 0-3 just like we could very well be 2-1. Luck happens in football.

Popps
09-27-2009, 11:14 PM
Wait, Cutler has 97 more yards on 13 more attempts?

Orton = 7.53 per Attempt
Cutler = 7.52 per attempt

So much for the theory of the long ball....

But, but... see.... Orton didn't throw it as long IN THE AIR as Cutler! See, Jay thew it 18 yards and Kyle only threw it 14, but then the WR got 4 after the catch!

SEE!!!!!

Gort
10-04-2009, 05:58 PM
after week 4

Orton
69 117 906 5 0 97.74

Cutler
83 129 901 8 5 89.32

Rating Formula:
Step 1: Complete passes divided by pass attempts. Subtract 0.3, then divide by 0.2
Step 2: Passing yards divided by pass attempts. Subtract 3, then divide by 4.
Step 3: Touchdown passes divided by pass attempts, then divide by .05.
Step 4: Start with .095, and subtract interceptions divided by attempts. Divide the difference by.04.

The sum of each step cannot be greater than 2.375 or less than zero. Add the sum of the Steps 1 through 4, multiply by 100 and divide by 6.

Garcia Bronco
10-04-2009, 06:00 PM
Crazy, Terp Man.

baja
10-04-2009, 06:01 PM
I love this thread. ;D

tsiguy96
10-14-2009, 10:04 PM
yeah right.

ahahaha youre so stupid its amazing.

baja
10-14-2009, 10:06 PM
I love this thread.;D

BroncoMan4ever
10-14-2009, 10:20 PM
yeah right.

wow, someone looks stupid now.

BroncoBuff
10-15-2009, 07:58 AM
Yeah ... Orton IS better than Cutler!

WE should have given THEM some first-rounders!

Hahah! All you GMs for all you teams in the league and all you commentators and the scouts and all the coaches and other players who thought Cutler was better, all you guys are SUCKERS! Orton is better than Cutler! Imagine how foolish you look when a dozen guys here on the OrangeMane knew Orton was better that Cutler, that and all of you got it wrong ... Haha!

tsiguy96
10-15-2009, 08:00 AM
Yeah you guys... Orton IS better than Cutler!

We should have given THEM some first-rounders!

Hahah! All you GMs for all you teams in the league and all you commentators and the scouts and al the coaches and other players, all you guys are SUCKERS! Orton is better than Cutler! Imagine how foolish you look when a dozen guys here on the OrangeMane knew Orton was better that Cutler, that and all of you got it wrong ... Haha!

hes playing better. hes 5-0. hes 18-2 at home. exactly what else is he supposed to do? for this system, no question anymore that orton is better, and i dont think its close. hes smart, he works harder than anyone on the team by the admission of several players and coaches, he makes good accurate throws (try watching the pats game again), and he doesnt turn hte ball over or put the team in position to lose.

TailgateNut
10-15-2009, 08:19 AM

Now?

baja
10-15-2009, 08:24 AM
Yeah ... Orton IS better than Cutler!

WE should have given THEM some first-rounders!

Hahah! All you GMs for all you teams in the league and all you commentators and the scouts and all the coaches and other players who thought Cutler was better, all you guys are SUCKERS! Orton is better than Cutler! Imagine how foolish you look when a dozen guys here on the OrangeMane knew Orton was better that Cutler, that and all of you got it wrong ... Haha!

Someone should save this post.

Bronco Boy
10-15-2009, 08:44 AM
We can compare the 2 all day long, but how many of you think we would be 5-0 with Cutler at QB?

BlaK-Argentina
10-15-2009, 08:48 AM
We can compare the 2 all day long, but how many of you think we would be 5-0 with Cutler at QB?

Not a chance. That doesn't mean Orton is better, he's just way better for THIS system.

Lev Vyvanse
10-15-2009, 08:53 AM
Someone should save this post.

I'm sure Kaylore has put it into his word doc.

tsiguy96
10-15-2009, 08:57 AM
was just on chicago bears forum, they still think orton is a scrub whos now a system player and only good because the defense is playing lights out and marshall is great.

umm yea, it is a team game after all, and he is part of the team....hes not turning the ball over, we arent playing fantasy football (unless we have to) and throwing for 400 yards a game. its called winning football, and it is nice...

spdirty
10-15-2009, 09:02 AM

well, good. :)

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-15-2009, 09:22 AM
Am I the only one who finds it amusing that Chicago's been winning because Cutler has suddenly developed the ability to be a game manager? When he tries to go all JAY CUTLER on people, he makes huge mistakes and loses games. When he's a bus driver, he's able to move the ball down the field and win games.

He could have done that here. He chose to leave.

What's funnier is that when Cutler does his Orton impression, Chicago wins. When Cutler is Cutler, Mr. Franchise, they lose.

Irony?

errand
10-15-2009, 09:26 AM
Not sure if anyone pointed this stat out, and it was probably why McDaniels brought Orton in to begin with...he had 22 TD's and only 2 INT's inside the red zone while in chicago. Meanwhile the guy he dump on chicago has 7 turnovers inside the red zone last year.

TailgateNut
10-15-2009, 09:28 AM
What's funnier is that when Cutler does his Orton impression, Chicago wins. When Cutler is Cutler, Mr. Franchise, they lose.

Irony?

Not irony, KARMA!:approve:

tsiguy96
10-15-2009, 09:30 AM
Am I the only one who finds it amusing that Chicago's been winning because Cutler has suddenly developed the ability to be a game manager? When he tries to go all JAY CUTLER on people, he makes huge mistakes and loses games. When he's a bus driver, he's able to move the ball down the field and win games.

Irony?

cutler is doing nothing that orton DIDNT do last year, yet cutler is the MAN in town. hes the reason they are gonna be great forever and ever...but they shut the playbook down on him because when he pulls his favre impersonations he loses.

rastaman
10-15-2009, 10:37 AM
Orton is a winner no doubt about it. He doesn't usually put up the big sexy numbers, but he gets the results the whole team is striving for, the W. However, Cutler is a winner in his own right when you take away the first qtr of the GB game, Cutler is 8-2 for TD-Interception ratio while posting a 3-1 record not withstanding they bye week.

In the eyes of the Bears players, the players are inspired with Cutler leading them b/c they believe they're never out of any games. Although its extremely early on in the season, both QB's have brought winning intangibles to their respective new teams while learning a new offensive scheme. The fans are all happy so long as their teams are winning.

Orton is now 26-12 as a starter, which is pretty Brady-like. Cutler remains
20-21 after the off week. But lets also consider that Cutler was 20-2 when defenses held teams to 21 points or less. Orton has had the luxury of playing with good defensive teams which is largley responsible for his 26-12 record. Now this is not to take anything away from Orton's 26-12 record but it is largely due to a teams complete effort.

The numbers btwn both QB's are pretty close, and are all outstanding
After five weeks, Orton is 10th in the NFL with a passer rating of 97.4 with 7 TD passes and just 1 pick. Cutler is 14th at 89.4, and hes got 8 TD passes and 5 interceptions. Both quarterbacks have been sacked eight times, although Orton has played one more game. Cutler has completed 64.3 percent of his passes, while Orton is at 63.0.

Orton actually threw his first interception of the season last week. He was picked off by Randy Moss, who was in the game to provide an extra pair of hands and help defend a Hail Mary pass at the end of the first half. And the tip ball from Orton's throw in last weeks 4th qtr against NE was tipped so high, 9 times out of 10 it probably would have resulted in an interception had it not been to the heads up play from Bmarsh to bat the ball down.

Orton is having an outstanding season, even though his production is helped by Marshall, Eddie Royal, a solid offensive line and a defense that has been phenomenal so far.

In closing I'll predict that Cutler will have the better season overall only if the Bears O line starts to open up running lanes for Ike Forte. If not, KO will probably will have the better first year, especially if our Defense continues to perform like the Ravens Defense of 2000. We all know the outcome for the Raven's......SB Champions baby!!! McD could duplicate what Jon Gruden did in is first year as Tampa Bays HC.....he won the SB as well.

rastaman
10-15-2009, 10:45 AM

The same could be asked would KO have the the Bears at 3-1 at the bye week? This years Bear Defense has its core player(s) injured and our giving up more points and as a result, with the limited talent on Offense, Orton would have been pressed really hard to have the Bears at 3-1 at this point.

Peoples Champ
10-15-2009, 10:54 AM
The same could be asked would KO have the the Bears at 3-1 at the bye week? This years Bear Defense has its core player(s) injured and our giving up more points and as a result, with the limited talent on Offense, Orton would have been pressed really hard to have the Bears at 3-1 at this point.

Cutler would be pressed really hard to get the broncos at 5-0 at this point. His 5 picks would have cost us Bengals or Dallas game.

rastaman
10-15-2009, 11:22 AM
Cutler would be pressed really hard to get the broncos at 5-0 at this point. His 5 picks would have cost us Bengals or Dallas game.

Had it not been for the Hail Mary tipped pass that Stokely caught against Cincy we would be 4-1 vs 5-0. Don't get me wrong, to get to 5-0 no one gave us anything and we earned all these wins, but it has taken some luck to fall our way.

TailgateNut
10-15-2009, 11:26 AM
Had it not been for the Hail Mary tipped pass that Stokely caught against Cincy we would be 4-1 vs 5-0. Don't get me wrong, to get to 5-0 no one gave us anything and we earned all these wins, but it has taken some luck to fall our way.

Had it not been for a tackle at the one inch line, Tennessee would have won that superbowl.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda.;D

tsiguy96
10-15-2009, 11:26 AM

good god, let it go. why dont you just admit you are wrong, the season is going great and its actually fun watching the team.

do you sit and watch teh games thinking of everything they are doing wrong, and cry when something good happens?

rastaman
10-15-2009, 01:29 PM
good god, let it go. why dont you just admit you are wrong, the season is going great and its actually fun watching the team.

do you sit and watch teh games thinking of everything they are doing wrong, and cry when something good happens?

Look man why do you want to ignore facts and truths. In your mind, if you don't fall in line and join the gang.....then whatever is said is wrong! Your problem is you don't like listening to a differing opinions or someone making predictions against the TEAM. Try embracing the thought that everyone has a right to voice an opinion even its against what you would say.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-15-2009, 01:50 PM
Name one championship team that won a title WITHOUT a little luck on their side. Go ahead.

And good luck.

rastaman
10-15-2009, 03:10 PM

Irony?

I wouldn't call it Cutler doing the Orton impression as much as I would call it Cutler has turned the corner and begun to mature and improve as a QB. Should the O line open up running lanes for Ike Forte....there's no reason the Bears can't go far into the playoffs or even to the SB.

rastaman
10-15-2009, 03:11 PM
Name one championship team that won a title WITHOUT a little luck on their side. Go ahead.

And good luck.

You are missing my point, I have already said that both Denver and the Bears have 5-0 and 3-1 records due to a little luck!:sunshine:

Gort
10-20-2009, 11:07 AM
after week 6. :D

Orton (6 games)
124 194 1465 9 1 100.1

Cutler (5 games)
110 172 1201 10 7 86.9

Peoples Champ
10-20-2009, 11:11 AM
after week 6. :D

Orton (6 games)
124 194 1465 9 1 100.1

Cutler (5 games)
110 172 1201 10 7 86.9

I like this, Cutler is supposed to be the "stat" filler, while Orton is supposed to be the "W" filler.

Orton is both as of week 6.

NYBronco
10-20-2009, 01:46 PM
You are missing my point, I have already said that both Denver and the Bears have 5-0 and 3-1 records due to a little luck!:sunshine:

And you can also add that Orton/Broncos were lucky when Royal made the KO and punt return for TD's saving Orton from fielding the offense on those two occasions.

Popps
10-25-2009, 02:49 PM
Hmmm... looks like Orton is going to gain on the "Franchise" this week, without even taking the field.

Jay wastes yet another opportunity.

LOL

Rock Chalk
10-25-2009, 02:51 PM
And you can also add that Orton/Broncos were lucky when Royal made the KO and punt return for TD's saving Orton from fielding the offense on those two occasions.

Who's to say Orton doesn't lead the team down the field for a TD anyway?

Popps
10-25-2009, 02:56 PM

As he did against NE, Dallas... etc.

Peoples Champ
10-25-2009, 03:08 PM

plus one, i never call SP teams TDs luck. Its part of the game just like Offense and D.

NYBronco
10-25-2009, 04:06 PM

Great point! I can honestly say I have no arguement for your comment. Again, honestly speaking I would expect McDaniels/Orton to move the offense into scoring position.

Paladin
10-25-2009, 04:14 PM
Did today's Bears fiasco change the discussion points at all?

Just asking.........

I really enjoy reading these whimsical trips to the mindbending, brain numbing World of Nonsensical Banalities. It builds character......

Bronx33
10-25-2009, 04:16 PM
Cutler still throws off his back foot and into triple coverage.

errand
10-25-2009, 04:38 PM
One thing I've noticed is that Kyle Orton has 0 INT's inside opponent's 20 yard line...where as Jay Cutler has 3. And yet all we hear about from the rast-broncofan7-lex's is how Kyle took a sack that moved us outta FG range vs. Bengals in week 1.

Also, Jay hasn't perform well when the game is close...he's thrown like 6 of his 7 INT's with the score is 0-7 points or tied. Go to NFL.com/stats - situational for Jay Cutler.

And before all those "He's got no protection or offensive help" clowns come out...let me remind you that this dipstick demanded a trade out of Denver where he would have had all of the very things you're whining he doesn't have.

Kind of like being engaged to Elizabeth Hurley yet seeking out Desiree' Washington. i'm not saying he's stupid...but wouldn't he have to be?

errand
10-25-2009, 04:41 PM
I also noticed one fan who said he "was amazed that the Broncos only got Orton and two #1's for Cutler....oh, well looks like we'll live with this 6-0 hole we've dug for ourselves."

Laugh? I thought I'd die!

NYBronco
10-25-2009, 05:23 PM
One thing I've noticed is that Kyle Orton has 0 INT's inside opponent's 20 yard line...where as Jay Cutler has 3. And yet all we hear about from the rast-broncofan7-lex's is how Kyle took a sack that moved us outta FG range vs. Bengals in week 1.

Also, Jay hasn't perform well when the game is close...he's thrown like 6 of his 7 INT's with the score is 0-7 points or tied. Go to NFL.com/stats - situational for Jay Cutler.

And before all those "He's got no protection or offensive help" clowns come out...let me remind you that this dipstick demanded a trade out of Denver where he would have had all of the very things you're whining he doesn't have.
Kind of like being engaged to Elizabeth Hurley yet seeking out Desiree' Washington. i'm not saying he's stupid...but wouldn't he have to be?

While in Denver he was very well protected and with all kinds of offensive help and talent and yet still managed to be a red zone int machine. I am beginning to believe the "franchise" wanted out of Denver because he was being exposed as ineffective in the Bronco offensive system. In Chicago he has a weekly built in excuse to cover for his consistent errors.

tsiguy96
10-25-2009, 05:26 PM
While in Denver he was very well protected and with all kinds of offensive help and talent and yet still managed to be a red zone int machine. I am beginning to believe the "franchise" wanted out of Denver because he was being exposed as ineffective in the Bronco offensive system. In Chicago he has a weekly built in excuse to cover for his consistent errors.

thats what im saying. they are making ALL the excuses in teh world for him, saying his line and receivers are the problem, but he did the same stuff here, when his line and receivers were elite.

Circle Orange
10-25-2009, 06:22 PM

But...don't you know? Jay's talent made the receivers, made the o line, made the defense, made the tight end...he didn't need what EVERY QB IN THE HISTORY OF THE GAME HAS NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL!

He's good for one play, a twenty yard pass up the middle. Everything else is potluck or crap.

Funny thing, I remember this Chicago "offense". And yes, the defense of the last two years living off 2006 reputation.

and Lovie wouldn't speak to Ced afterwards. Wonder why? Ha!

Circle Orange
10-25-2009, 06:24 PM
I also noticed one fan who said he "was amazed that the Broncos only got Orton and two #1's for Cutler....oh, well looks like we'll live with this 6-0 hole we've dug for ourselves."

Laugh? I thought I'd die!

Yeah, it's the ninth circle of hell!:D

baja
10-25-2009, 06:39 PM

I think "wanted out of Denver" part is correct but it was McD that wanted him gone not that Jay wanted out.

Popps
10-25-2009, 09:06 PM
I think "wanted out of Denver" part is correct but it was McD that wanted him gone not that Jay wanted out.

I think it was somewhere in between, at this point. I think Josh got to town... realized what kind of person he was dealing with and probably at that point figured considering Cassel wasn't a bad idea.

From there, Cutler/Bus started making demands regarding contract, etc... and Bowlen/McD said **** both of you.

Of course, that's been my pure speculation... but the evidence sure seems to support it more and more as time goes on.

Rigs11
10-26-2009, 11:14 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DaQ7wog1Kog&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DaQ7wog1Kog&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

azbroncfan
10-26-2009, 11:18 PM
yeah right.

Ouch there is a little fail in the above.

TailgateNut
10-27-2009, 06:37 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DaQ7wog1Kog&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DaQ7wog1Kog&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:thanku:

Gort
11-03-2009, 09:25 AM
after week 8...

Orton
147 231 1617 9 1 95.5

Cutler
153 239 1677 11 11 80.8

TailgateNut
11-03-2009, 09:42 AM
after week 8...

Orton
147 231 1617 9 1 95.5

Cutler
153 239 1677 11 11 80.8

At least Cutler is keeping his numbers BALANCED. 11-11;D

Ambiguous
11-03-2009, 09:46 AM
I think it was somewhere in between, at this point. I think Josh got to town... realized what kind of person he was dealing with and probably at that point figured considering Cassel wasn't a bad idea.

From there, Cutler/Bus started making demands regarding contract, etc... and Bowlen/McD said **** both of you.

Of course, that's been my pure speculation... but the evidence sure seems to support it more and more as time goes on.

I think you are right, and while it sounded inconceivably stupid to me 6 months ago, it appears to be panning out - although the jury will still be out for the next few years.

I guess that's why nobody has hired me as an NFL head coach yet.

Ambiguous
11-03-2009, 09:49 AM
At least Cutler is keeping his numbers BALANCED. 11-11;D

He's also been sacked 15 times already this year. Missing Denver yet Jayby?

rastaman
11-03-2009, 09:54 AM

Great analysis. However, Orton needs time to throw! As a result, a new wrinkle in the offense will need to be added with leaving a HB and FB in to help protect Orton, especially when the O Line is getting over run and blitzed.

rastaman
11-03-2009, 10:22 AM

Cutler also realized what type of person he was dealing with when it came to McDaniels. When Culter said he couldn't trust McD....he was basically calling Joshua a LIAR when it came down to what really happened behind closed doors with Josh trying to trade Cutler for Cassel.

Once McD was caught in his LIE about trading for Cassel, he had to come clean! And liars hate getting caught and they hate coming clean about their lie(s).

Hence the last meeting btwn Cutler and McD to iron out (shall I say the trade debacle), rather than apologize for lying, McD simply started out the meeting with saying he wanted Cassel b/c he knew his system and he felt more comfortable w/ Cassel.

Josh also told Cutler in an antagonizing way/demeaner, that he could continue to entertain trade talks for Cutler anytime he wanted and couldn't guarantee that Cutler wouldn't would not be involved in future trades.

Well Cutler said, you know what, I can't guarantee to Josh that I want to remain a BRONCO! And trade talks ensued.

See Popps.....there are two sides to every story....meanwhile the rest is history. And Cutler, McDaniels, and Orton will be forever linked to each other.:sunshine:

bronco militia
11-03-2009, 10:36 AM
Great analysis. However, Orton needs time to throw! As a result, a new wrinkle in the offense will need to be added with leaving a HB and FB in to help protect Orton, especially when the O Line is getting over run and blitzed.

orton had that kind of time to throw against the ravens.....

baja
11-03-2009, 10:41 AM

i was watching the game at a roof top bar so the light was not good for tv viewing but it looked like orton was under heavy pressure all game long.

cmhargrove
11-03-2009, 12:57 PM
Cutler also realized what type of person he was dealing with when it came to McDaniels. When Culter said he couldn't trust McD....he was basically calling Joshua a LIAR when it came down to what really happened behind closed doors with Josh trying to trade Cutler for Cassel.

Once McD was caught in his LIE about trading for Cassel, he had to come clean! And liars hate getting caught and they hate coming clean about their lie(s).

Hence the last meeting btwn Cutler and McD to iron out (shall I say the trade debacle), rather than apologize for lying, McD simply started out the meeting with saying he wanted Cassel b/c he knew his system and he felt more comfortable w/ Cassel.

Josh also told Cutler in an antagonizing way/demeaner, that he could continue to entertain trade talks for Cutler anytime he wanted and couldn't guarantee that Cutler wouldn't would not be involved in future trades.

Well Cutler said, you know what, I can't guarantee to Josh that I want to remain a BRONCO! And trade talks ensued.

See Popps.....there are two sides to every story....meanwhile the rest is history. And Cutler, McDaniels, and Orton will be forever linked to each other.:sunshine:

Just a question - do you actually have a quote from McD that you can prove is a lie? Or, or you relying on third parties to speculate?

It's an honest question - do you have an actual quote that catches Josh in a lie?

snowspot66
11-03-2009, 01:02 PM

Are you sure you were watching the right game? They brought the house constantly.