PDA

View Full Version : How about them 2-0 , 1st place Denver Broncos! Now--about the QB....

broncofan7
09-20-2009, 07:23 PM
We would be ripping teams ala the New Orlean Saints with Jay Cutler under center---that albatross that we roll out there now is going to cost us eventually-WE ARE WINNING INSPITE OF HIM--much more so than when we won in spite of Jake--I figured that we would be 1-1 by now(did anyone actually think that we'd lose to CLEVELAND?) and minus a MIRCACLE last week @ Cincy--1-1 is where we would be--BUT I ABSOLUTELY LOVE OUR DEFENSE AND SPECIAL TEAMS! Mike Nolan is a GENIUS as a defensive coordinator. Hopefully, McD is as trigger happy with the QB position regarding changing his starter as he was in April!!!!!!!!!!!

Raider WEEK!!!! don't f...uck this up ORTON!!!!!!!!!!!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-20-2009, 07:31 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah. We could be tearing up teams left and right.

Only Cutler wanted to leave. That was his choice. Remember? he demanded a trade. Or does your memory not go back that far?

Too bad he couldn't stay. Would have been better for all of us. But he's gone now, so dry your ****ing tears and stop crying.

misturanderson
09-20-2009, 07:34 PM
Hmmm...1-1 because the QB lost the 1st game and won the 2nd, with terrible and decent to good play respectively, or 2-0 bcause the QB didn't lose either game for us. I'll take 2-0.

Bronco Boy
09-20-2009, 07:38 PM
What are the odds that if we still had Cutler he would have 0 INT's through 2 games? Not to mention 2 wins...

TonyR
09-20-2009, 07:41 PM
We would be ripping teams ala the New Orlean Saints with Jay Cutler under center---that albatross that we roll out there now is going to cost us eventually-

I'm not thrilled with Orton at this point myself, but what would you rather have right now: Shanny, Slowik, Cutler and last year's abortion of a defense, or McD, Nolan, Orton and this year's defense?

misturanderson
09-20-2009, 07:42 PM
What are the odds that if we still had Cutler he would have 0 INT's through 2 games? Not to mention 2 wins...

That would probably have a lot to do with whether or not he actually took McD's coaching to heart. I really think that Cutler could have done amazing things if he had stayed and listened to the coaching.

oubronco
09-20-2009, 07:43 PM
I'm not thrilled with Orton at this point myself, but what would you rather have right now: Shanny, Slowik, Cutler and last year's abortion of a defense, or McD, Nolan, Orton and this year's defense?

I'll take the chick in your avatar :thumbs:

Popps
09-20-2009, 07:44 PM
Wow, what a surprise! A hater starts another hater-thread!

WHAAAAAAAAA!! We won, but not the way I wanted us to win.....

WAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

http://canuckjihad.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/crybaby.png?w=300&h=425

What a douche.

broncofan7
09-20-2009, 07:45 PM

Come on--you KNOW I was anti-shanny......

broncofan7
09-20-2009, 07:46 PM
Wow, what a surprise! A hater starts another hater-thread!

WHAAAAAAAAA!! We won, but not the way I wanted us to win.....

WAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

http://canuckjihad.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/crybaby.png?w=300&h=425

What a douche.

Kyle Orton sucks worse than your posts do...any fair minded fan would recognize that--GO AHEAD DEFEND THOSE WHO ARE NOT WORTHY OF BEING DEFENDED--He is the 3rd best QB on our roster. PERIOD.

Popps
09-20-2009, 07:47 PM
Kyle Orton sucks worse than your posts do...any fair minded fan would recognize that--GO AHEAD DEFEND THOSE WHO ARE NOT WORTHY OF BEING DEFENDED--He is the 3rd best QB on our roster. PERIOD.

Keep bucking for attention, schmuck.

Hey everyone, are you looking at Brocno"fan"7 enough?

He needs you to look at him.

Look at him.

Pay attention to him.

Hilarious!

Bronco Boy
09-20-2009, 07:48 PM

Dude, you are retarded.

Inkana7
09-20-2009, 07:51 PM
**** you, retard.

BlaK-Argentina
09-20-2009, 08:01 PM

He sure sucked today. I mean did you see all those picks and failed 3rd down attempts? What a freaking loser.

Br0nc0Buster
09-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Why do you keep complaining about something that cant change?

Jay is gone, wtf do people keep bringing him up

Orton didnt suck today, I suggest you go to the Bears forums, there you can beat off to Cutler highlights with everyone else

colonelbeef
09-20-2009, 08:06 PM
I totally agree with the OP. This team with Cutler instead of Orton would be a real contender. With Orton there is no shot at a championship, unless this D turns out to be a reincarnation of the 2000 Ravens.

Meck77
09-20-2009, 08:12 PM
This team with Cutler. LMFAO!

This team with John Elway! This team with Walter Peyton! This team with Jack Lambert!

It's messageboard fantasy football at it's finest!

Williams
09-20-2009, 08:12 PM
I totally agree with the OP. This team with Cutler instead of Orton would be a real contender. With Orton there is no shot at a championship, unless this D turns out to be a reincarnation of the 2000 Ravens.

Someone didnt watch the Bears game last week. lol... really, what a dumbass comment. This team is 1-1 with Jay Cutler.

Go Orton. Go Broncos!

Meck77
09-20-2009, 08:14 PM
Go Orton. Go Broncos!

AMEN! Best post of the day so far.

BMarsh615
09-20-2009, 08:20 PM
Jay Cutler could not take the coaching from Josh McDaniels. He is not accountable and he DOES NOT learn from his mistakes. Kyle Orton is a much better fit for this offense because HE CAN take coaching and he already is a SMART QB.

2KBack
09-20-2009, 08:25 PM
**** Orton were so screwed to have a guy with a 90 QB rating, zero ints and counting in 65 passes, and 2-0 record.

HEAV
09-20-2009, 08:25 PM
We would be ripping teams ala the New Orlean Saints with Jay Cutler under center---that albatross that we roll out there now is going to cost us eventually-WE ARE WINNING INSPITE OF HIM--much more so than when we won in spite of Jake--I figured that we would be 1-1 by now(did anyone actually think that we'd lose to CLEVELAND?) and minus a MIRCACLE last week @ Cincy--1-1 is where we would be--BUT I ABSOLUTELY LOVE OUR DEFENSE AND SPECIAL TEAMS! Mike Nolan is a GENIUS as a defensive coordinator. Hopefully, McD is as trigger happy with the QB position regarding changing his starter as he was in April!!!!!!!!!!!

You are just a Fk'n tool.

snowspot66
09-20-2009, 08:31 PM
Really? We would be tearing it up with Cutler? What about games like at KC and at home against Oakland last year? Weren't we supposed to destroy them too?

The ONLY sure thing about Cutler is you never know which one you are going to get. Orton is no major force at QB but I have a feeling he'll be more consistent week to week than Cutler ever will be if he doesn't pull his head out of his ass and stop reading his own press clippings.

Meck77
09-20-2009, 08:34 PM
Here's a thought. Maybe Coach McD who has been trusted to run a BILLION dollar franchise knows more about football than the JayTheMistake lovers of the internet. Has JayTheMistake been trade marked yet?

DarkHorse
09-20-2009, 08:35 PM
Orton is starting to scare me - he looks absolutely horrid out there right now. God forbid we face a team with some actual talent.

snowspot66
09-20-2009, 08:37 PM
Way to back that up with insightful analysis. Or was that sarcasm?

tsiguy96
09-20-2009, 08:44 PM
Hmmm...1-1 because the QB lost the 1st game and won the 2nd, with terrible and decent to good play respectively, or 2-0 bcause the QB didn't lose either game for us. I'll take 2-0.

absolutely. ill take the game manager/consistent guy every day of the week. thats what orton is, theres nothing wrong with that either, its clearly working.

Popps
09-20-2009, 08:44 PM
Orton has about a 90 QB rating, hasn't thrown a pick and is 2-0.

"Horrid?"

Maybe just a bit much. But, I expect bashing all season long, regardless of results. It's the Orange Mane, after all. Winning means nothing.

Bronco_Beerslug
09-20-2009, 08:51 PM
Raider WEEK!!!! don't f...uck this up ORTON!!!!!!!!!!!How old are you......11?

Conklin
09-20-2009, 08:52 PM
<table class="data-table1" style="width: 100%;" id="result" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="even"><td>8</td> <td> Jay Cutler (http://www.nfl.com/players/jaycutler/profile?id=CUT288111) </td> <td> CHI (http://www.nfl.com/teams/chicagobears/profile?team=CHI) </td> <td> QB </td> <td class="right"> 44 </td> <td class="right"> 74 </td> <td class="right"> 59.5 </td> <td class="right"> 37.0 </td> <td class="right"> 513 </td> <td class="right"> 6.9 </td> <td class="right"> 256.5 </td> <td class="right"> 3 </td> <td class="right"> 4 </td> <td class="right"> 25 </td> <td class="right"> 33.8 </td> <td class="right"> 68 </td> <td class="right"> 8 </td> <td class="right"> 1 </td> <td class="right"> 3 </td> <td class="right"> 71.5 </td></tr> <tr class="odd"> <td>9</td> <td> Kyle Orton (http://www.nfl.com/players/kyleorton/profile?id=ORT716150) </td> <td> DEN (http://www.nfl.com/teams/denverbroncos/profile?team=DEN) </td> <td> QB </td> <td class="right"> 36 </td> <td class="right"> 65 </td> <td class="right"> 55.4 </td> <td class="right"> 32.5 </td> <td class="right"> 506 </td> <td class="right"> 7.8 </td> <td class="right"> 253.0 </td> <td class="right"> 2 </td> <td class="right"> 0 </td> <td class="right"> 20 </td> <td class="right"> 30.8 </td> <td class="right"> 87T </td> <td class="right"> 9 </td> <td class="right"> 2 </td> <td class="right"> 3 </td> <td class="right"> 90.9</td></tr></tbody></table>
4% less completed, 7 less yards, one less touchdown, 4 less interceptions, one more play of 25 yards or more, one more of 40+, equal number of sacks taken @ 3, 19 points higher on passer rating, and Orton is our problem over Jay?

Mogulseeker
09-20-2009, 08:53 PM
Orton actually looked pretty good... his 86 QB rating was better than Cutler's average last year, and there wasn't an 87-yard TD reception to beef that up, either. Efficiency is all we need.

Orton looked alright - ESPECIALLY on 3rd down... as for the incompletions, would you rather have that, or have Cutler throwing into triple coverage? A couple of those incompletions were the receivers running the wrong route, and one could have been a TD if it weren't for the wind. As the receivers learn this offense a little more, we'll see this offense get a lot better.

Popcorn Sutton
09-20-2009, 08:54 PM

Don't you mean the Broncos won despite Orton? :spit:

Why would they be in spite of him?

Again, you are overly critical of him. Don't get me wrong. He is driving me crazy with his tentativeness but an albatross? You can't see the forest for the trees. You hated Orton before he landed at DIA and had his first press conference. I went back and read the threads and you had already made up your mind.

He has improved and he is playing better than Cassel was this time last year. That doesn't mean the Broncos will go 11-5. The Patriots had the leagues easiest schedule last year but still Orton is playing at an NFL average right now. In terms of rating he's above average. I'm willing to admit he's playing very tentative and still pressing. The good news is, if he does learn to relax and play he may actually end up being a decent QB this year.

I'm not going to get into it with you man but are you being completely honest with yourself? Is Orton lighting up the scoreboard? Not even close. Is he an albatross? Not quite. How about you try and rally behind him and bring some good mojo?

Lev Vyvanse
09-20-2009, 08:56 PM
<table class="data-table1" style="width: 100%;" id="result" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="even"><td>8</td> <td> Jay Cutler (http://www.nfl.com/players/jaycutler/profile?id=CUT288111) </td> <td> CHI (http://www.nfl.com/teams/chicagobears/profile?team=CHI) </td> <td> QB </td> <td class="right"> 44 </td> <td class="right"> 74 </td> <td class="right"> 59.5 </td> <td class="right"> 37.0 </td> <td class="right"> 513 </td> <td class="right"> 6.9 </td> <td class="right"> 256.5 </td> <td class="right"> 3 </td> <td class="right"> 4 </td> <td class="right"> 25 </td> <td class="right"> 33.8 </td> <td class="right"> 68 </td> <td class="right"> 8 </td> <td class="right"> 1 </td> <td class="right"> 3 </td> <td class="right"> 71.5 </td></tr> <tr class="odd"> <td>9</td> <td> Kyle Orton (http://www.nfl.com/players/kyleorton/profile?id=ORT716150) </td> <td> DEN (http://www.nfl.com/teams/denverbroncos/profile?team=DEN) </td> <td> QB </td> <td class="right"> 36 </td> <td class="right"> 65 </td> <td class="right"> 55.4 </td> <td class="right"> 32.5 </td> <td class="right"> 506 </td> <td class="right"> 7.8 </td> <td class="right"> 253.0 </td> <td class="right"> 2 </td> <td class="right"> 0 </td> <td class="right"> 20 </td> <td class="right"> 30.8 </td> <td class="right"> 87T </td> <td class="right"> 9 </td> <td class="right"> 2 </td> <td class="right"> 3 </td> <td class="right"> 90.9</td></tr></tbody></table>
4% less completed, 7 less yards, one less touchdown, 4 less interceptions, one more play of 25 yards or more, one more of 40+, equal number of sacks taken @ 3, 19 points higher on passer rating, and Orton is our problem over Jay?

Has jay ever finished with a rating above 90?

Mogulseeker
09-20-2009, 08:59 PM
Also factor in the wind.

Conklin
09-20-2009, 09:01 PM

and i forgot the most important stat of all

BRONCOS 2-0 BABY!!! NOW GTFO!!!

Rigs11
09-20-2009, 09:02 PM
Baby jay would have thrown a pick if not 4 today. Go root for da bears if you wanna keep blowing cutler.

Popps
09-20-2009, 09:20 PM
Orton looked alright - ESPECIALLY on 3rd down... as for the incompletions, would you rather have that, or have Cutler throwing into triple coverage?.

Funny, just typed that to somebody in a PM. Totally true. Again, I don't think Orton is a world-beater, but I think McDaniels has him buying into the program, and the guy just isn't going to make a lot of stupid throws. Yes, that's a refreshing change from last season.

You can tell he's still getting comfortable out there. He's got a lot of time to throw, but sometimes still seems hesitant. Still, he's making big throws at the right times. Watch today's game again. He made some nice 3rd down throws, and a couple of long throws that set up scoring drives.

Again, no one will mistake him for Elway, but we're winning... and this is the brand of football we're going to play. Ball-control, smart football.

I also wonder if our receivers are totally comfortable with the system yet.
Sometimes it seems like guys have enough time to work open... and aren't.

It's all a work in progress, bu tso far so good.

Hamrob
09-20-2009, 10:44 PM
it's funny how naive so many of you are. Hey, I'm happy that we're 2-0. I'm happy that Orton hasn't thrown any picks. But, for those who defend him, you're just silly.

Kyle Orton is a liability and if not for Ohio...you'd all have figured that out by now. The rest of the NFL understands it. With Orton, we should win next week.

But let's regroup and see what you think of Mr. Orton come Week 8. The heck with Cutler...he's gone. But if any of you think that Kyle Orton is the solution...you're idiots. Sorry.

The best QB on the roster is Chris Simms. The Rookie...well, he's a rookie. Kyle Orton will work hard not to lose games for us...but what happens when we need him to win games for us? Are we to relie on a tipped pass and a miracle 87yd TD?

tsiguy96
09-20-2009, 10:50 PM
it's funny how naive so many of you are. Hey, I'm happy that we're 2-0. I'm happy that Orton hasn't thrown any picks. But, for those who defend him, you're just silly.

Kyle Orton is a liability and if not for Ohio...you'd all have figured that out by now. The rest of the NFL understands it. With Orton, we should win next week.

But let's regroup and see what you think of Mr. Orton come Week 8. The heck with Cutler...he's gone. But if any of you think that Kyle Orton is the solution...you're idiots. Sorry.

The best QB on the roster is Chris Simms. The Rookie...well, he's a rookie. Kyle Orton will work hard not to lose games for us...but what happens when we need him to win games for us? Are we to relie on a tipped pass and a miracle 87yd TD?

dude relax, we just had a great win today. simms hasnt started in years, tom b i like a lot but hell prolly do good on the bench for awhile. this system is custom tailored to the people playing it, if you think mcdaniels is stupid and doesnt know how to build offenses that use the abilities orton has to give us the best chance to win, youre the one being "naive"

Hamrob
09-20-2009, 10:50 PM
Funny, just typed that to somebody in a PM. Totally true. Again, I don't think Orton is a world-beater, but I think McDaniels has him buying into the program, and the guy just isn't going to make a lot of stupid throws. Yes, that's a refreshing change from last season.

You can tell he's still getting comfortable out there. He's got a lot of time to throw, but sometimes still seems hesitant. Still, he's making big throws at the right times. Watch today's game again. He made some nice 3rd down throws, and a couple of long throws that set up scoring drives.

Again, no one will mistake him for Elway, but we're winning... and this is the brand of football we're going to play. Ball-control, smart football.

It's all a work in progress, bu tso far so good.I think our receivers are getting tired of the noodle arm. I could certainly see that in Royals eyes today. Why was Marshall on the side line? Look, good for McDaniels, he likes Stokely and that #10 guy...but for an offensive minded coach...I'm not seeing it. Sure, we torched to Browns...yay! Next week we should win because we're better. But, then....the next 10 weeks, we're going to have to have better play calling and QB play to win those games. Let's see. Obviously, you've baught in...Let's hope.

Hamrob
09-20-2009, 10:58 PM
dude relax, we just had a great win today. simms hasnt started in years, tom b i like a lot but hell prolly do good on the bench for awhile. this system is custom tailored to the people playing it, if you think mcdaniels is stupid and doesnt know how to build offenses that use the abilities orton has to give us the best chance to win, youre the one being "naive"Look, I love the D and what Nolan is bringing to the table. I give Mcdaniels big time credit for that. But, I don't care for Orton. I don't see us winning playoff games with him and I don't see us beating good teams with him.

I also believe that McDaniels is going to have to figure out how to utilize his two best receivers in Royal and Marshall before too long. Those guys are vastly under utilized and there is no way you can tell me that Stokely and Gaffney are better players. And, how many times does Orton need to get 10 seconds to throw the ball before he finds an open receiver?

I watched Cassell today and he's twice the QB that Orton is. I'm just afraid that times running out on Orton's luck.

Mr. Elway
09-20-2009, 11:10 PM
LMAO at anyone who feels negative about our very one-sided victory today.

lazarus4444
09-20-2009, 11:20 PM
I agree, cassel did look good but orton's glove should come off next week so hopefully he'll feel more confident throwing the ball. Tough Defense next week, we'll have to try to run them over and tire them out!

BigPlayShay
09-20-2009, 11:21 PM
Orton was 8 of 10 (80% comp) for 143 yards in the 2nd half. Whatever miscommunication that was going on in the first half was corrected in the 2nd and the Offense rolled. They will get better.

tsiguy96
09-20-2009, 11:22 PM
LMAO at anyone who feels negative about our very one-sided victory today.

I don't understand how people are still bitching after we went 2-0 with disgusting good defense and pretty good offense. These same people are the same ones who cried all summer about mcdaniels not Doug enough to fix the defense. When is it ever good enough?

SouthCarolinaBronco
09-20-2009, 11:29 PM
It's too early to make any serious judgments about Orton, except that he is a conservative decision-maker who has won both of his first two games. I certainly don't think there is nearly enough evidence for anyone to criticize him.

Baba Booey
09-20-2009, 11:36 PM
Do want one of either Bradford, McCoy, Robinson, or Snead, but it probably won't happen.

BroncoMan4ever
09-20-2009, 11:44 PM

the odds are about as likely as me waking up in bed with Marisa Miller tomorrow morning.
http://www.hollywoodtuna.com/images/marisa_miller_gq_aug_small.jpg

we might have been 2-0 still but there is no chance in hell that we have no INTs with Cutler.

Quoydogs
09-20-2009, 11:46 PM

Dude I am 6'0 tall, 300 pounds, fat, lazy smoke and drink like a fish. I still think I could go out there tomorrow and play a better game then Orton. The broncos won today, we would have blown them out of the water with a real QB in there.

BroncoBuff
09-20-2009, 11:52 PM
Why do people care so much about Jay?

It's the Jay-haters who care the most, which is truly hilarious.

By the way, and not like I care, but Jay Cutler is twice the quarterback Kyle Orton will ever be. That's the fact, Jack. But again, WHO CARES?!

Quoydogs
09-20-2009, 11:57 PM
4% less completed, 7 less yards, one less touchdown, 4 less interceptions, one more play of 25 yards or more, one more of 40+, equal number of sacks taken @ 3, 19 points higher on passer rating, and Orton is our problem over Jay?Really did you just say that and mean it? K first let me say Jay is a B!@ch and I hate him for leaving the way he did. But what you said is total BS. You have to compare apples to apples my man. IF you gave Jay the receivers that Ortan has and the O line Ortan has then it would be a fair comparison. Why dont you look up jay numbers the last time we played the browns vs Orton playing the browns today. That would be a better comparison.

OBF1
09-21-2009, 12:00 AM
Look, I love the D and what Nolan is bringing to the table. I give Mcdaniels big time credit for that. But, I don't care for Orton. I don't see us winning playoff games with him and I don't see us beating good teams with him.

How many playoff games did you see us win with cutler running the offense??? Thats what I thought....not a single game. better come to the boards with a better take than the crap you are now using

OBF1
09-21-2009, 12:01 AM
Really did you just say that and mean it? K first let me say Jay is a B!@ch and I hate him for leaving the way he did. But what you said is total BS. You have to compare apples to apples my man. IF you gave Jay the receivers that Ortan has and the O line Ortan has then it would be a fair comparison. Why dont you look up jay numbers the last time we played the browns vs Orton playing the browns today. That would be a better comparison.

At this rate, you will soon take Mock's crown as the Orangemane "Village Idiot" Keep up the good work man :thumbs:

ChSuperStar
09-21-2009, 12:06 AM

when you are 30 and getting married, do you think about your high school girl friend and want her real bad, inspite of her being married with 5 kids ? if so continue with your argument. :thumbs:

Quoydogs
09-21-2009, 12:08 AM
How many playoff games did you see us win with cutler running the offense??? Thats what I thought....not a single game. better come to the boards with a better take than the crap you are now using

What did jay cutler have anything to do with what he said. Just because you dont think Orton is a good fit or a real starting QB does not mean you like or want Jay cutler here. It just means we would have a great f'n team with a real QB.

ChSuperStar
09-21-2009, 12:09 AM
Really did you just say that and mean it? K first let me say Jay is a B!@ch and I hate him for leaving the way he did. But what you said is total BS. You have to compare apples to apples my man. IF you gave Jay the receivers that Ortan has and the O line Ortan has then it would be a fair comparison. Why dont you look up jay numbers the last time we played the browns vs Orton playing the browns today. That would be a better comparison.

here after NFL will adopt swinging QB system and schedule. So all QB's will play against all teams and for all teams.. so we can do true apples to apples comparison which you want. at the end whoever does well.. he will be the MVP of the league and that QB alone will be given superbowl and rest of the team is worthless.... and we will have the trophy dedicated to you.

Quoydogs
09-21-2009, 12:13 AM
At this rate, you will soon take Mock's crown as the Orangemane "Village Idiot" Keep up the good work man :thumbs:

Did your daddy drop you on your head one too many times as a child?? How am I an idiot by stating that. How can you say Orton is a better QB then Cutler by comparing Jay with Chicago and Orton with Denver. Chicago has No WR, and there line sucks. Denver has some of the best WR's and I would say probably the Best O line in the league. Yes it does make that much of a difference. The only real difference between this starting offense and last years is the QB and the Coach.

Atwater His Ass
09-21-2009, 12:14 AM

sure. just be sure to keep holding to the same bar for mcd and orton.

playoff wins or nothing.

Quoydogs
09-21-2009, 12:16 AM
here after NFL will adopt swinging QB system and schedule. So all QB's will play against all teams and for all teams.. so we can do true apples to apples comparison which you want. at the end whoever does well.. he will be the MVP of the league and that QB alone will be given superbowl and rest of the team is worthless.... and we will have the trophy dedicated to you.

Dude you missed my point all together. What I was trying to say is if you put any decent QB behind our O-line we are a 30+ offense and one kick in the pants defense. I would also say we would have a real shot at the Sb from what I have seen.

chrisp
09-21-2009, 12:17 AM
WHat we saw from Orton today was an improved performance - not a great performance, but an improved performance.

Orton is playing tentative, but it seems to me that will get less and less as time goes by, but also he isn't making stupid throws when it isn't there, meaning that we are winning games because we're winning the turnover battle. Also he got a little better in the second half, which is a positive sign.

This is, overall, a good formula for success. The only question mark is how we are going to fare when we play proper teams. Our defense has shut down two mediochre offenses so far, but to be honest last year's couldn't shut down ANY offenses so make of that what you will.....

Lev Vyvanse
09-21-2009, 12:19 AM
Did your daddy drop you on your head one too many times as a child?? How am I an idiot by stating that. How can you say Orton is a better QB then Cutler by comparing Jay with Chicago and Orton with Denver. Chicago has No WR, and there line sucks. Denver has some of the best WR's and I would say probably the Best O line in the league. Yes it does make that much of a difference. The only real difference between this starting offense and last years is the QB and the Coach.

And Cutler had the second most picks in the NFL. :wave:

Atwater His Ass
09-21-2009, 12:20 AM
Cincy's offense is better than you are giving credit for, in fact, they are very good. Shutting them down for most of the game I found much more impressive than holding CLE to 6 points.

Atwater His Ass
09-21-2009, 12:21 AM
And Cutler was second in the NFL in picks. :wave:

he was a 2nd year starter.

lex
WHat we saw from Orton today was an improved performance - not a great performance, but an improved performance.

Orton is playing tentative, but it seems to me that will get less and less as time goes by, but also he isn't making stupid throws when it isn't there, meaning that we are winning games because we're winning the turnover battle. Also he got a little better in the second half, which is a positive sign.

This is, overall, a good formula for success. The only question mark is how we are going to fare when we play proper teams. Our defense has shut down two mediochre offenses so far, but to be honest last year's couldn't shut down ANY offenses so make of that what you will.....

The most eye opening play that indicates he is getting more comfortable that I can think of was the pass to Gaffney where he ran for several yards. Gaffney was wide open coming out of his break though.

Spider
LOL.......what a crock ...........can I say Orton is better then Cutler ? hell yes , Orton is much netter at decision making then Cutler is ..........
Now are we a better offensive team then last year ? hell no , but we a better team cause we can play all 3 phases of the game ...........
I tried to tell everyone , we will win , win ugly , but Denver will give us 60 minutes of football ..........
all we have heard is orton has a weak arm , cant go deep blah, blah , blah ........ well thats a load of horse**** .......
Special teams , defense , offense ........ Game on .........

Lev Vyvanse
09-21-2009, 12:22 AM
How many does he need?

Atwater His Ass
09-21-2009, 12:22 AM
The most eye opening play that indicates he is getting more comfortable that I can think of was the pass to Gaffney where he ran for several yards. Gaffney was wide open coming out of his break though.

credit graham for that one

lex
09-21-2009, 12:24 AM
And Cutler had the second most picks in the NFL. :wave:

Yeah, and he was a key factor in beating Pittsburgh today. There probably isnt another team in the league that can make things miserable for a QB like Pitt and thats the second time now that Jay has stood up to them and held his own.

He outplayed Big Ben today.

lex
09-21-2009, 12:25 AM
credit graham for that one

I must have missed what youre talking about. What did Graham do?

BroncoBuff
09-21-2009, 12:29 AM
Orton is starting to scare me - he looks absolutely horrid out there right now. God forbid we face a team with some actual talent.

well, he's not great ... but he's not throwing picks. The runing game and the defense can win games for us. Occasional passes, swing/screens to keep 'em honest. That's not much to ask. He threw too much on the first half - 27 (though 11 on the 2-minute drill). Still, he should cut down on attempts like in the 2nd half. Let Knowshon/Buck/Hillis rack up 150-200 yards a game on the ground.

Keep the D fresh.

Lev Vyvanse
09-21-2009, 12:29 AM
Yeah, and he was a key factor in beating Pittsburgh today. There probably isnt another team in the league that can make things miserable for a QB like Pitt and thats the second time now that Jay has stood up to them and held his own.

He did a hell of a job against Aaron Rodgers last week.
Big Ben totally had that wide open play until jay tackled him. Retard.

Spider
09-21-2009, 12:30 AM

stood up to them with the help of a bad steeler kicker ..or your boy would be 0-2 ..............

Atwater His Ass
09-21-2009, 12:30 AM
I must have missed what youre talking about. What did Graham do?

i think that was the play were graham picked gaffney's DB when their routes crossed

Cleo McDowell
09-21-2009, 12:35 AM
http://www.primemeridia.com/temp/dickbutt.jpg

Quoydogs
09-21-2009, 12:35 AM
LOL.......what a crock ...........can I say Orton is better then Cutler ? hell yes , Orton is much netter at decision making then Cutler is ..........
Now are we a better offensive team then last year ? hell no , but we a better team cause we can play all 3 phases of the game ...........
I tried to tell everyone , we will win , win ugly , but Denver will give us 60 minutes of football ..........
all we have heard is orton has a weak arm , cant go deep blah, blah , blah ........ well thats a load of horse**** .......
Special teams , defense , offense ........ Game on .........

If you think we are winning because of putting Orton in there and not because we found out that we really have a great defense and we just needed a coach. Then I want some of what you are smoking because that sir. is some good stuff.

Spider
09-21-2009, 12:37 AM
LOL......come on Orton haters ,tell us all again about how he has no arm............BWAAAAAAAAAa

Spider
09-21-2009, 12:40 AM
If you think we are winning because of putting Orton in there and not because we found out that we really have a great defense and we just needed a coach. Then I want some of what you are smoking because that sir. is some good stuff.

Yeah I see your point ....we needed to turn the ball over in the red zone more , Like Cutler did against SD last year , We need a Qb that will throw into double coverage or quadruple coverage like Cutler did last week .......We need a QB that takes chances , Orton not turning the ball over wont get it done .......... What ****ing planet are you on ?

Spider
09-21-2009, 12:43 AM
Yeah 707 . you are right , we dont need a QB that gets better every week and stays consistent , we need a ****ing loon leading the offense good one week a total ****ing train wreck the following week .........:rofl: ........ that is some logic ... hope you have adult supervision ......

Lev Vyvanse
09-21-2009, 12:44 AM
http://www.primemeridia.com/temp/dickbutt.jpg

This should be broncofan7s avatar without a doubt. The only problem is if you put a kiss on the end its hall of fame.

Quoydogs
09-21-2009, 12:45 AM
Yeah I see your point ....we needed to turn the ball over in the red zone more , Like Cutler did against SD last year , We need a Qb that will throw into double coverage or quadruple coverage like Cutler did last week .......We need a QB that takes chances , Orton not turning the ball over wont get it done .......... What ****ing planet are you on ?

For the last fricken time I AM NOT A CUTLER FAN!!!! Just because I dont think that Orton is a good QB does not mean I have a love for cutler. I said we need a real QB and the big difference between this year and last is that our D is waaaaaaaaaaay better.

Spider
09-21-2009, 12:53 AM
For the last fricken time I AM NOT A CUTLER FAN!!!! Just because I dont think that Orton is a good QB does not mean I have a love for cutler. I said we need a real QB and the big difference between this year and last is that our D is waaaaaaaaaaay better.

LOL well if you was a cutler fan it would give you an excuse for your stupidity ....... See Big Ben play today ? did you see Brady Play today ? SB winning QB's that really had a rough go of it ...... Problem with you piss drinkers , just cause a Qb isnt sexy ...... you guys get all butt hurt
Yeah ........ And Our defense is better , but not turning the ball over or winning the turnover battle goes alot further ......

broncofan7
09-21-2009, 05:47 AM
I don't understand how people are still b****ing after we went 2-0 with disgusting good defense and pretty good offense. These same people are the same ones who cried all summer about mcdaniels not Doug enough to fix the defense. When is it ever good enough?

Of course you don't. You are average as is Popps and the rest who are defending Orton in this thread.....I will revisit this thread come week 4,5 ,6, 8 9 etc....

"....but he looked AWESOME in the 2nd half aganist CLE when we were on our way to rushing for almost 200 yards!"

broncofan7
09-21-2009, 05:59 AM
Amazing to see all of the homerism and pure AVERAGE coming out in this thread----Reality WILL SET IN in a few weeks--buckle up and I will call each of you out for your inability to see an OBVIOUS problem for the simple reason that we beat a horrid CLE team and needed a miracle to beat Cincy (who I know is a good team)--All of those who are writing 'you are a douche, and attention whore, etc'--you bring NOTHING to this discussion---you are simply AVERAGE and probably AVERAGE in more aspects of your lives than you care to admit............

fontaine
09-21-2009, 06:33 AM
I hated the way Orton played in the first game, but I saw a lot of improvement in this 2nd one.

He clearly had a lot more zip in his passes. I don't think his hand is 100% but it's obviously better because his throws were a lot less griese like and he actually threw some good sideline passes based on timing with his WRs which was good to see.

He also managed to hit his WRs in the numbers as opposed to low, behind them etc. It's no coincidence our WRs had a huge number of YAC. Look at the completions that went in the air more than 12 yards and you'll see our WRs getting loads of YAC not just because they're talented enough to do so, but the defense was run first so it naturally opened more opportunities.

Orton has still a lot more work to do, but all a lot of us were looking for is him to play up to his potential. Not be Jay, Elway, or Plummer. Just be himself. I'm ok with him playing as the 50% passer that he is as long as he plays up to his abilities which he did a lot more yesterday. The defense and running game can do the rest.

broncofan7
09-21-2009, 06:37 AM
The defense and running game can do the rest.

I hope you're right--but I have my doubts...

Popcorn Sutton
09-21-2009, 06:43 AM
Amazing to see all of the homerism and pure AVERAGE coming out in this thread----Reality WILL SET IN in a few weeks--buckle up and I will call each of you out for your inability to see an OBVIOUS problem for the simple reason that we beat a horrid CLE team and needed a miracle to beat Cincy (who I know is a good team)--All of those who are writing 'you are a douche, and attention whore, etc'--you bring NOTHING to this discussion---you are simply AVERAGE and probably AVERAGE in more aspects of your lives than you care to admit............

I don't understand why Orton is still pressing out there. There is cause for concern. I just don't understand why you insist without a shadow of a doubt that we have a better option. Chris Simms is a career 71 QB rating just like Kyle Orton. Tom B. is a rookie work in progress. Given that, would it hurt to try rally behind the current starting QB? That's my only beef. It blew my mind to hear the fans booing after every in-completion and even when Orton threw the ball away. It's like the fans are asking him to throw it into triple coverage.

broncofan7
09-21-2009, 07:04 AM
I don't understand why Orton is still pressing out there. There is cause for concern. I just don't understand why you insist without a shadow of a doubt that we have a better option. Chris Simms is a career 71 QB rating just like Kyle Orton. Tom B. is a rookie work in progress. Given that, would it hurt to try rally behind the current starting QB? That's my only beef. It blew my mind to hear the fans booing after every in-completion and even when Orton threw the ball away. It's like the fans are asking him to throw it into triple coverage.

I wish I had a .gif of the incredibly fat woman who CBS panned to after Orton throws the ball into the ground in front of a wide open Eddie royal--gets up and says with her hand motion and mouth "Get him outta here!" --I LOVE OUR TEAM --I despise the garbage that we are rolling out @ QB. My two best friends are both bears fans--they warned me about Orton and now that they see cutler game in and game out --they are on me TWICE as bad as they were--and I unfortunately had one over yesterday and when orton was throwing the ball into the ground time after time--they'd just look--unable to muster a 'told ya so' because they see the anguish in my face.........Brandstater has the most talent of the 3--followed by Simms---Orton has experience on his side--that is all. His actual execution is painful to watch...........in the preseason our best QB was Tom B followed by Simms then orton--Orton has not done anything to make me think that I was wrong in my assessment

Atwater His Ass
09-21-2009, 07:07 AM
spider, you are one of the stupidest mother****ers on this board, and every time i have the misfortuane of reading one of your ****ing dumbass quoted illeterate ****ing posts i give thanks for the day i put you on ignore.

i can only ****ing hope you post 4x in succession about this

DarkHorse
09-21-2009, 07:12 AM
way to back that up with insightful analysis. Or was that sarcasm?

^5

DarkHorse
09-21-2009, 07:19 AM
spider, you are one of the stupidest mother****ers on this board, and every time i have the misfortuane of reading one of your ****ing dumbass quoted illeterate ****ing posts i give thanks for the day i put you on ignore.

LOL - you should re-read this and then have someone with grammar skills walk you thru it.

The irony - i'm DYING here :rofl:

Atwater His Ass
09-21-2009, 07:25 AM
awesome bro, grammer nazi's + defending spider = awesome.

Atwater His Ass
09-21-2009, 07:26 AM
irony is lost on you, obviously

p.s. im hoping to see how this flagarant double post with an edit fits into your agenda.

pls keep amusing me.

Cito Pelon
09-21-2009, 08:10 AM
I thought Orton bounced back pretty good from the Cincy game and had a pretty good game overall.

He was under a lot of pressure yesterday, constant pressure. Not to mention the stiff crosswind all day. He moved around well, threw on the run well, improvised well, didn't try to force it much, made some very nice throws. Had what, 4-5 long drives? 12+ play drives? Capitalized on turnovers, kept plugging away after 2 missed FG's.

Legitimate criticism is one thing, but this is sneering, not legitimate criticism.

I think many fans at the game yesterday came to the game determined to boo Orton the first chance they got, and I think many people here are determiined to sneer at Orton no matter what.

DarkHorse
09-21-2009, 08:20 AM
awesome bro, grammer nazi's + defending spider = awesome.

Defending nobody - your post is hilarious. Congratulations if you did it on purpose, it worked.

If it was truly a case of butchering a simple sentence like that then I feel sorry for you.

Carry on Corky.

Quoydogs
09-21-2009, 09:19 AM
I thought Orton bounced back pretty good from the Cincy game and had a pretty good game overall.

He was under a lot of pressure yesterday, constant pressure. Not to mention the stiff crosswind all day. He moved around well, threw on the run well, improvised well, didn't try to force it much, made some very nice throws. Had what, 4-5 long drives? 12+ play drives? Capitalized on turnovers, kept plugging away after 2 missed FG's.

Legitimate criticism is one thing, but this is sneering, not legitimate criticism.

I think many fans at the game yesterday came to the game determined to boo Orton the first chance they got, and I think many people here are determiined to sneer at Orton no matter what.
Well I will give you the stiff cross wind.

Rigs11
09-21-2009, 09:26 AM
all you jackasses said that the only reason orton won was because he had a defense. Well now we have a defense and we are winning. So STFU already!

Quoydogs
09-21-2009, 09:46 AM
all you jackasses said that the only reason orton won was because he had a defense. Well now we have a defense and we are winning. So STFU already!

I think the point most of us are trying to make here is that if Orton is a 50% QB then If we had a 100% QB in there we might be untouchable. I am very excited about the win. I can't even talk today because we won and I was at home watching the game with some good friends. I just find it hard to believe that Orton is the man and would love to see Brandstater in there getting experience and hopefully taking us to the next level.

The pieces are there.

Amazing WR's
Amazing O line
Running game looks good. I think it would even look better with more of a passing game.
Defense looks great ( Elvis is in the house )

I think we are just missing one more Piece.

Rigs11
09-21-2009, 09:56 AM
I think the point most of us are trying to make here is that if Orton is a 50% QB then If we had a 100% QB in there we might be untouchable. I am very excited about the win. I can't even talk today because we won and I was at home watching the game with some good friends. I just find it hard to believe that Orton is the man and would love to see Brandstater in there getting experience and hopefully taking us to the next level.

The pieces are there.

Amazing WR's
Amazing O line
Running game looks good. I think it would even look better with more of a passing game.

yeah well McD seems to think differently and we are winning.Plus the team is still gelling. I went to the game yesterday and yes Orton made some bad throws but I also say some bad routes.give it time.

orange 4 life
09-21-2009, 11:29 AM

You call that "fair and balanced?"

I call it negative and ridiculous.
Orton was fantastic yesterday, and shame on our less informed (that's the nice word for 'em) fans that didn't understand what they watched yesterday.
In the first half there were several plays (one where Marshall ran the wrong route) where there was miscommunication, and several more where there simply wasn't anywhere to go with the ball.
Instead of going into a panic and throwing into tight or double coverage (sound familiar?) Orton did the RIGHT thing and threw it away.

In the second half he was 8 of 10 for 147 yards.
Bottom line is the guy made the plays when they were there, and threw it away when they weren't.
His pocket presence was solid if not spectacular, his poise was top notch, and the only times we attempted to go downfield at all (twice to Gaffney including 1st play of the game and once to Marshall) he was right on the money.

If there's anything that concerns me at all it's the vanilla playcalling (virtually every series we ran on 1st down, and threw on 2nd and long) but even that I hope will open up as McD and Orton start to trust eachother more.

Look, this guy is no Elway, Plummer, or Cutler, but he IS a solid qb that has command of the offense and seems to be a good leader and presence in the locker room.
The offense was better this week than in the opener, and hopefully they'll improve again in week three.
The doom and gloom is just shocking. We won.....again.

orange 4 life
09-21-2009, 11:33 AM
P.S.- Now THIS is football weather! Hot and windy yesterday, and today we have snow on the ground. I'm sure in the city (we're at 6400 feet here) it's rain, but here we have a nice little blanket of snow on the ground. 1st snow of the year is always a cool thing. Maybe a little SOON since it's only Sept. 21st., but whatever. I'd love to see a snow game this year!!

Los Broncos
09-21-2009, 11:37 AM
I like how people behind me at the game were bagging on Orton then he throws a big strike or TD.

orange 4 life
09-21-2009, 11:37 AM

This post shows that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
Thank God everyone doesn't think the way you do.

broncofan7
09-21-2009, 11:42 AM
This post shows that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
Thank God everyone doesn't think the way you do.

Funny, when all 3 QB's got PT--Tom B looked the best with Simms 2nd--orton was distant 3rd--you homers are in for one RUDE awakening--for god sakes--even a FAT woman at the game was calling to Orton to be removed--how you homers don't see his inadequacies is beyond me--again--there are average people and then there are those of us who are always a step ahead.....

broncofan7
09-21-2009, 11:47 AM
Come week 4--When Dallas relegates Orton to having to win the game by taking away our running game and scoring points against our defense--only then will you homers see his inadequacy as some of us already are--DESPITE our wins.......for you all to be willing to throw away this season because of the handicap we have at the QB position is beyond me--as a fan YOU should want your team to be the best that they can be--Kyle Orton as our starter does not elevate our team's talent ceiling.......

Los Broncos
09-21-2009, 11:47 AM
Well I will give you the stiff cross wind.

He is 2-0.

broncofan7
09-21-2009, 11:55 AM
He is 2-0.

1--beat the worst team in the NFL CLE

1*--won on a hail mary immaculate deflection

Beat Dallas AND PLAY WELL then I will eat my words--and Dallas' Defense has been horrid so far this year--ranked 30th in yards. 450 to TB then 430 last night to the NYG

McMastermind
09-21-2009, 11:59 AM
I think our receivers are getting tired of the noodle arm. I could certainly see that in Royals eyes today. .

My eye interpreter must be off. I totally thought I could see him thinking about a ham sandwich at one point. I wasn't watching in HD though so maybe you had a better view of those eyes.

Hilarious!

Los Broncos
09-21-2009, 12:00 PM

Beat Dallas AND PLAY WELL then I will eat my words--and Dallas' Defense has been horrid so far this year--ranked 30th in yards. 450 to TB then 430 last night to the NYG

But were 2-0, and if we lose to Dallas what happens?

You'll be saying "I told you so"

Inkana7
09-21-2009, 12:05 PM

So, you're already preparing your excuse for when we beat Dallas?

You're all kinds of pathetic.

orange 4 life
09-21-2009, 12:23 PM
for god sakes--even a FAT woman at the game was calling to Orton to be removed--.....

God you're an idiot.
A fat woman (who probably knows NOTHING about football) calls for him to be removed, so it must be true!!

And "homer?"

That word is thrown out far too often, and generally in the wrong context. That's why I chose it for my avatar. If supporting your team and the players ON the field makes one a "homer," then I'm a proud homer.
Personally, I miss the days when that stupid word wasn't used at all.

Now, it's just the go to word for morons like yourself who want to seem "fair and balanced" by bashing their own team mercilessly while using no facts and having no insight.
You're a joke.

Mr. Elway
09-21-2009, 12:31 PM
for you all to be willing to throw away this season because of the handicap we have at the QB position is beyond me--as a fan YOU should want your team to be the best that they can be

Huh? Who's throwing the season away? Definitely not the people you are arguing with.

We're cheering for the team and you are siding with some random "fan" who booed the QB. Are you sure you're on the right side of this?

orange 4 life
09-21-2009, 01:02 PM
Exactly.

Anyone that dares to boo in our section hears about it and gets a quick lesson in the proper behavior of BRONCO fans.

You don't boo your own players, ESPECIALLY when they're playing as well as Orton did yesterday.
Again, there was some miscommunication and some balls that were (smartly) thrown away, but there were ALSO big plays made when opportunities arose.

I don't expect all fans to understand the complexities of the game (my wife, who knows more than most, had to ask about some of the throws because she wasn't sure what was going on, but at least she didn't rush to judgement!), but I DO expect MOST Bronco fans to be bright enough to realize the difference between a poorly thrown pass and one that was thrown away or thrown in a spot (low and away a few times yesterday) where only the receiver has a chance.

.....and when intelligence fails, revert back to history and support your team unconditionally, as those before you did.

misturanderson
09-21-2009, 02:03 PM

The pieces are there.

Amazing WR's
Amazing O line

So where should we have obtained this 100% QB you speak of? I mean we didn't have one on the roster before and we don't now. Should we have used some of our picks to move up and take Sanchez?

I don't think anyone here will complain if we pick up a QB in the first round of the draft, but you have a problem with no solution presented.

fontaine
09-21-2009, 02:29 PM
As long as Orton plays like he did in the 2nd half we'll be fine.

The Defense has really stepped up and will get better through the season with more experience and the rooks getting better. They're the ones that deserve all the credit.

Cool Breeze
09-21-2009, 02:48 PM
why do you keep complaining about something that cant change?

Jay is gone, wtf do people keep bringing him up

orton didnt suck today, i suggest you go to the bears forums, there you can beat off to cutler highlights with everyone else

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!
Sheez

Mogulseeker
09-21-2009, 03:33 PM

It's all a work in progress, bu tso far so good.

Good point - if any one aspect of football is key to winning (other than scoring more points than the opponent), it's converting on third. I didn't see the final numbers, but I did periodically look over at the stats during the game, and then Orton was like 8 for 12 on third down.

He isn't spectacular, but he's making plays when he needs to.

Spider
09-21-2009, 04:07 PM

i can only ****ing hope you post 4x in succession about this

then do it you dumb bastard ..............

broncofan7
09-21-2009, 04:17 PM
God you're an idiot.
A fat woman (who probably knows NOTHING about football) calls for him to be removed, so it must be true!!

No--it's that EVEN a FAT woman realizes that Orton is not the answer. How come you don't?

And "homer?"

That word is thrown out far too often, and generally in the wrong context. That's why I chose it for my avatar. If supporting your team and the players ON the field makes one a "homer," then I'm a proud homer.
Personally, I miss the days when that stupid word wasn't used at all.

Now, it's just the go to word for morons like yourself who want to seem "fair and balanced" by bashing their own team mercilessly while using no facts and having no insight.
You're a joke.

Bashing our choice of QB--I LOVE our Defense and I'd hate to think what will happen when we fall behind by more than 3 points in a game and we are left with having to rely on Orton's arm to bring us back--talk about a nightmare

broncofan7
09-21-2009, 04:19 PM
Good point - if any one aspect of football is key to winning (other than scoring more points than the opponent), it's converting on third. I didn't see the final numbers, but I did periodically look over at the stats during the game, and then Orton was like 8 for 12 on third down.

He isn't spectacular, but he's making plays when he needs to.

against CLE--he was 3 of 12 against CINCY. THANK GOD for our defense--it's not that Orton was getting better--it's that we were playing CLEVELAND...Oakland will really be a test for Orton..watch.

broncofan7
09-21-2009, 04:24 PM
Huh? Who's throwing the season away? Definitely not the people you are arguing with.

We're cheering for the team and you are siding with some random "fan" who booed the QB. Are you sure you're on the right side of this?

You HOMERS are beyond help---we are 1 miracle play from being 1-1--due to our QB play--particularly him being unable to find receivers when given ALL day to throw and taking a horrid sack in the 4th qtr taking us out of FG range---all McD has to do is go to Simms---that is it. THAT is the smart move.

Spider
09-21-2009, 04:38 PM
You HOMERS are beyond help---we are 1 miracle play from being 1-1--due to our QB play--particularly him being unable to find receivers when given ALL day to throw and taking a horrid sack in the 4th qtr taking us out of FG range---all McD has to do is go to Simms---that is it. THAT is the smart move.

It just chaps your ass to no end we was right about orton and McD ...........
that is why you post the silly **** you post ........ needling , trying to find something somewhere wrong with orton , to the point you come up with this crap .....Maybe you should just find your happy place understand that you dont know jack **** about football or talent , that McD has forgot more about the game then you will ever know .......

rastaman
09-21-2009, 04:42 PM

Unless Orton makes vast improvements he will continue to struggle against stronger opponents. Instead of not throwing no interceptions, he may average 2 interceptions every now and then. However, if the Defense stays stingy, Orton maybe able to recover and still win some games. Right now it all hinges on on whether Orton can start pulling the trigger more often and the WR's need to GET OPEN!

The QB performance for Denver can be the difference btwn 5-11 wins this season. The key here will be whether the defense can hold the line until Orton can prove he can consistenly lead the offense and put points on the board.

OrangeCrush2724
09-21-2009, 04:55 PM
I have no problems with Orton starting b/c I really think he is our best option (hard to believe). But does he really have to throw 40 times a game? Stop using him like a gunslinger and use him to his strength. I have never seen any QB leave his WR's in more vulnerable positions.

Can't complain too much (although I just did) when you are 2-0. Go Broncos!

Irish Stout
09-21-2009, 05:06 PM
People calling Orton terrible and asking that he be replaced by Simms have no freaking clue.

rastaman
09-21-2009, 08:20 PM
People calling Orton terrible and asking that he be replaced by Simms have no freaking clue.

Please explain why?

snowspot66
09-21-2009, 09:51 PM
Please explain why?

When was the last time Simms played competitively?

Welcome back to 2005. Hell we're better off than 2005. We have more talent at almost every position and the QB spot is a wash. Plummer had a worse arm and ****tier accuracy (except on bootlegs of all things) than Orton. Do any of you remember Plummer dropping back? We still could have damn well made it to the Super Bowl and won with that limp armed couldn't hit a barn QB.

KevinJames
09-21-2009, 11:17 PM
lol Orton is top 10 in the NFL quarterback ratings in yards and people wanna pull him for not throwing interceptions and just managing the game trying not to put our D in tough spots......even tho were 2-0?

riiiiight lol like Chris Simms is going to do better than Orton.

Orton is fine, watch the film if anything our WRs need to do a better job of getting open.

Week 1 dude played with stitches in his hand wasn't as bad as everyone said WRs dropped way too many ballst he was clearly effected by the glove sure we won on a lucky play but who cares a win is a win.

Week 2 adjusts more to playing with the glove but still wishes he had it off, played great made 1 or 2 questionable throws the rest seemed like mis-communication but thats it the rest were great and we won convincingly.

BroncoMan4ever
09-21-2009, 11:37 PM

Pittsburgh's kicker is a bigger factor in getting Jay a win than Jay was. that was a fluke. Reed is one of the most accuracte kickers ever, yesterday was a fluke

Popps
09-21-2009, 11:42 PM
We still could have damn well made it to the Super Bowl and won with that limp armed couldn't hit a barn QB.

Plummer had a better QB rating than Elway or Cutler and had the highest TD to INT ratio of any Bronco QB in history. (More than 3 seasons.)

Your analysis is completely inaccurate.

What the team needed in 2005 was a defense that could keep us in games, not break down in big games as they did every time a challenge presented itself. (See Indy, Pittsburgh, etc.)

snowspot66
09-22-2009, 01:25 AM
Plummer had a better QB rating than Elway or Cutler and had the highest TD to INT ratio of any Bronco QB in history. (More than 3 seasons.)

Your analysis is completely inaccurate.

What the team needed in 2005 was a defense that could keep us in games, not break down in big games as they did every time a challenge presented itself. (See Indy, Pittsburgh, etc.)

Inaccurate? I don't recall anybody praising the arm or accuracy of Jake Plummer. Ever. The man made a **** load of stupid mistakes and nobody can deny it no matter what the stats do or don't say. We couldn't bootleg on every play after all. Drop back passes were a heart attack every single time. But he did get wins and he was great in 05.

I firmly believe Orton can fill that role.

orange 4 life
09-22-2009, 11:31 PM
The man made a **** load of stupid mistakes

No, he didn't, or did you not read Popps' post?

cutthemdown
09-22-2009, 11:35 PM
I actually think as we hit the hard part of the schedule the offense will get better and the defense will get exposed a tad for the lack of talent in the front 7. I still think they can be respectable but no way they shut teams down like first 2 games when they play Chargers, NE, DAL, NY, PHI.

cutthemdown
09-22-2009, 11:36 PM
Also IMO getting WR open is Mcdaniels job. Unless the aren't running the routes he is calling etc.

Still as the running game got going you saw how it started to open things up for the passing game.

Popps
09-22-2009, 11:40 PM
Inaccurate? I don't recall anybody praising the arm or accuracy of Jake Plummer.

That's what you get for listening to the wrong people and not doing your own research.

If you had some some research, you would have known that statistically, it is absolutely, factually inaccurate to call Jake Plummer inaccurate as a Bronco QB.

Once again, he had a higher QB rating than Elway or Cutler, had the highest TD/INT ratio of any starter in our history and set a club record for throws without an interception. All this with a less talented receiving corps than Elway or Cutler had.

There were certainly things lacking in Plummer's game, but accuracy wasn't one of them. Again, simply knowing your facts before you make sweeping, incorrect statements like that will save you trouble in the future.

errand
09-23-2009, 06:16 AM

What do you care if Orton ****s it up? He's in a no win situation when it comes to clowns like you.

If he wins yet another game in the NFL, it's despite him...and of course if he loses, it's because he sucks. So once again what do you care if he plays poorly or not?

BTW, your man crush on Cutler is very disturbing...he's not led the Broncos to anything. Not a big win in a big game, not a division title, not a eild card playoff appearance and of course not a SB title. I'm not sure which of you really is the biggest loser.

errand
09-23-2009, 06:18 AM
Come on--you KNOW I was anti-shanny......

I'm still trying to figure out what the hell you do like about the Broncos other than your man crush on Jay.

errand
09-23-2009, 06:36 AM
Orton has about a 90 QB rating, hasn't thrown a pick and is 2-0.

"Horrid?"

Maybe just a bit much. But, I expect bashing all season long, regardless of results. It's the Orange Mane, after all. Winning means nothing.

Exactly...

Craig Morton wins alot of games as our QB (51-29), led us to our first ever playoff apearance, division title, AFC title and Super bowl appearance...and people on here hate him

Bubby Brister won all of his starts in Elway's stead, helped us stay perfect thru our 13 game winning steak in '98 and he too is ripped unmercifully on here.

Gus Frerotte goes like 4-2 down the stretch in Griese's stead, leading us to the playoffs and he too is blasted on this site

Jake Plummer wins almost 75% of his Bronco starts, leads us to 3 consecutive playoff appearances, our only division title since Elway hung them up, our only playoff win since then as well, and another AFC title game appearance...and he was the roadblock to our success according to the webmaster.

and now poor Kyle Orton has the unfortunate luck of playing for a team whose alleged fans bash him for a 2-0 record and 1.000 winning pct. as the Broncos starting QB

Gee I miss the days when Bronco fans wanted the team to win more than they wanted a certain guy at QB.

errand
09-23-2009, 06:47 AM
The best QB on the roster is Chris Simms.

Yeah, because we all know that coaches start the worst QB's on the roster to enhance their resume'.

How is Simms the best QB on our roster if he cannot unseat what you clowns have called the worst QB on our roster?

You remind me of all those liberal senators and representatives who called Bush the biggest idiot, and then claimed he tricked them into going to war.

errand
09-23-2009, 06:53 AM
How many playoff games did you see us win with cutler running the offense???

Hell, I challenge them to name one big game, do or die, that he won for us. 0-3 when all we needed was one measly win to make the playoffs.

errand
09-23-2009, 06:57 AM
What did jay cutler have anything to do with what he said. Just because you dont think Orton is a good fit or a real starting QB does not mean you like or want Jay cutler here. It just means we would have a great f'n team with a real QB.

Dude, if you think this is about anything other than Jay being traded or Shanahan being fired, you're freaking nuts.

Why else would you bitch about a QB that is 2-0, has a rating of 90, is a positive presence in the locker room, and hasn't thrown an INT yet?

There's only one reason why...and it's because you're still whining over Cutler being dealt (a trade that he demanded i might add)

errand
09-23-2009, 07:01 AM
How can you say Orton is a better QB then Cutler by comparing Jay with Chicago and Orton with Denver. Chicago has No WR, and there line sucks. Denver has some of the best WR's and I would say probably the Best O line in the league. .

Well, you clowns have prejudged Orton beause of his time with Bears, and you miss Jay because of his time with Broncos.

But since you pointed out the differences of the two teams, I have to ask how can you say Orton sucks when he is less talented, and has a weak supporting cast and yet wins more games than Jay did with arguably better players?

errand
09-23-2009, 07:04 AM
sure. just be sure to keep holding to the same bar for mcd and orton.

playoff wins or nothing.

Fair enough...but since you want consistency, we'll give Orton 37 games to get us into playoffs, and we'll give McDaniels 10 years to win one playoff game.

errand
09-23-2009, 07:06 AM

Orton went 10-5 and won a division title as a rookie....

Spider
09-23-2009, 07:25 AM
Fair enough...but since you want consistency, we'll give Orton 37 games to get us into playoffs, and we'll give McDaniels 10 years to win one playoff game.

LOL ..........me and you hate each other when it comes to politics ...... But man you are 100% on the nose here

ak1971
09-23-2009, 07:34 AM
'Kyle Orton only knows how to do 3 things: pound whiskey, sword skanks, and win ****ing football games! 2-0 ****tards!! BOOSH!'......kingneckbeard

Awesome

jhns
09-23-2009, 07:56 AM

LOL

Yeah, mcd really earned the same long leash that Shanny had. I remember mcd winning us back to back SBs and setting win records for the team just like Shanny.... You sure are a smart one.

As for youe love of orton. That is even funnier. It is like you guys don't even watch the games. You seem to care more about being looked at as a good fan than you care about the football part. Who in their right mind goes crazy when someone says orton sucks? Have you watched him play, ever? This is his 5th year so stop acting like crappy play is just him making rookie mistakes.

TailgateNut
09-23-2009, 08:00 AM
'Kyle Orton only knows how to do 3 things: pound whiskey, sword skanks, and win ****ing football games! 2-0 ****tards!! BOOSH!'......kingneckbeard

Awesome

Even the wine and cheese contingent believes in our party animal QB. :thumbsup:

I really don't care if the wins are PRETTY or PRETTY UGLY, scoreboard counts and pro-bowl numbers don't get you to the Big Dance (SB).

jhns
09-23-2009, 08:00 AM
That's what you get for listening to the wrong people and not doing your own research.

If you had some some research, you would have known that statistically, it is absolutely, factually inaccurate to call Jake Plummer inaccurate as a Bronco QB.

Once again, he had a higher QB rating than Elway or Cutler, had the highest TD/INT ratio of any starter in our history and set a club record for throws without an interception. All this with a less talented receiving corps than Elway or Cutler had.

There were certainly things lacking in Plummer's game, but accuracy wasn't one of them. Again, simply knowing your facts before you make sweeping, incorrect statements like that will save you trouble in the future.

Then there is popps who thinks he is onto something.

Shanahan forced Plummer to manage games and didn't even let him use a good chunk of the playbook. Shanahan forced Cutler and Elway to actually win games, although Elway still got to be a game manager since he had TD and a defense. They both used all of the playbook. If you can't figure out why the stats are how they are, that is on you. I will say that Plummer was great at what he was asked to do. He still fell apart just as much as the defense and was horrible that last season.

TailgateNut
09-23-2009, 08:03 AM
I think I just heard another brainfart.

Never mind, it was just jhns making another ignorant post.

Please don't quote the "genius", eventually he'll just go away or he'll continue talking to himself.

kamakazi_kal
09-23-2009, 08:05 AM

Right now .... I'll just take the 2-0 record.

Ask me this question again at the end of the year. Currently we have beaten the Bengals and the Browns and now ge the Raiders ...... Not exactly above average teams

jhns
09-23-2009, 08:05 AM
Even the wine and cheese contingent believes in our party animal QB. :thumbsup:

I really don't care if the wins are PRETTY or PRETTY UGLY, scoreboard counts and pro-bowl numbers don't get you to the Big Dance (SB).

LOL

Orton is what we needed to get to the SB?

LOL

It will be interesting to see this forums reaction when people wake up. Wait until we play some real defenses. We haven't looked very good on offense against some of the worst teams in the league. Orton has only shown that he makes everyone elses job on offense much more difficult.

kamakazi_kal
09-23-2009, 08:06 AM

That means extending Orton past this year. ughhhh

jhns
09-23-2009, 08:14 AM
Unless you guys think this is one of those best ever defenses that wins SBs, I hope you guys realize the offense will have to pull its weight against good teams. The last game manager, Plummer, was unable to do so. Orton looks even worse. You all are really that confident in Orton that you think he can take over a game when we play some good teams that actually score? What exactly have you seen in his play that suggests this?

Mr.Meanie
09-23-2009, 08:47 AM
This is his 5th year so stop acting like crappy play is just him making rookie mistakes.

What crappy play? ???

broncofan7
09-23-2009, 08:51 AM
What crappy play? ???

Taking a sack late in the 4th qtr that took us out of FG range and almost costing us the Cincy game b/c of that........CLE is, well CLE

TailgateNut
09-23-2009, 08:53 AM
Taking a sack late in the 4th qtr that took us out of FG range and almost costing us the Cincy game b/c of that........CLE is, well CLE

He should have done a Cutlter and thrown that sucker into quadruple coverage resulting in an iterception. That's the TICKET.

Well, at least you have something "to hang your hat on" until you can rejoice after our inevitable first loss.

kamakazi_kal
09-23-2009, 08:55 AM
Unless you guys think this is one of those best ever defenses that wins SBs, I hope you guys realize the offense will have to pull its weight against good teams. The last game manager, Plummer, was unable to do so. Orton looks even worse. You all are really that confident in Orton that you think he can take over a game when we play some good teams that actually score? What exactly have you seen in his play that suggests this?

Well Plummer did make it to the AFCC. I think Orton would do himself a big favor if he used some of that dink and dunk magic and got the ball to Marshall and Royal more.

NO, I don't care if you think Marshall is an ass. 7 touches in 2 games from a passing based offense is not good enough.....same goes for Royal.

jhns
09-23-2009, 08:57 AM
He should have done a Cutlter and thrown that sucker into quadruple coverage resulting in an iterception. That's the TICKET.

Well, at least you have something "to hang your hat on" until you can rejoice after our inevitable first loss.

Hey look at mr greatest fan in the world say we are going to lose. You are a horrible fan. How can you talk that way?

kamakazi_kal
09-23-2009, 08:58 AM

HA HA you fail to rembember that when he did throw into quad coverage 9 times out of 10 it was a reception not an interception.

But, whatever makes you feel right I guess. When Orton beats the Steelers then we can start it all up again.

jhns
09-23-2009, 09:03 AM
Well Plummer did make it to the AFCC. I think Orton would do himself a big favor if he used some of that dink and dunk magic and got the ball to Marshall and Royal more.

NO, I don't care if you think Marshall is an ass. 7 touches in 2 games from a passing based offense is not good enough.....same goes for Royal.

We do need to get the real playmakers the ball more. This is the first big step we need to take for our offense to become real good. It will be much harder to beat good teams if Royal and Marshall continue getting ignored. We need to do more than screens to Royal.

broncofan7
09-23-2009, 09:06 AM
HA HA you fail to rembember that when he did throw into quad coverage 9 times out of 10 it was a reception not an interception.

But, whatever makes you feel right I guess. When Orton beats the Steelers then we can start it all up again.

GOD--can you imagine that lead footed, noodle armed QB facing THAT defense!! Orton is going to need McD to change his diaper after the 1st series......

Mr.Meanie
09-23-2009, 09:12 AM
In the entire game, with something like 7 dropped passes, 2 missed field goals, in scoring range multiple times and and mistakes on the offense, multiple holding calls on the offensive line, and basically problems all around - you focus on ONE play by Orton where he took a sack instead of risking a turnover? The guy who was throwing with a finger that needed stitches because the knuckle busted through the skin when it dislocated 2 weeks prior?

And you call his overall performance "crappy play"?

Whatever. You're entitled to whatever opinion you want. I'm sure some time this year Orton will turn in a game with multiple interceptions and you'll be just absolutely giddy that you have something tangible to hate Orton on.

kamakazi_kal
09-23-2009, 09:12 AM
GOD--can you imagine that lead footed, noodle armed QB facing THAT defense!! Orton is going to need McD to change his diaper after the 1st series......

I know .... I'm optomistic with the two wins but, let's be real here it was the Bengals and Browns ....... The Raider defense is better then both of those teams but their offense is horrid. Jamarcus maybe the worst QB in the league. I think he's completing something like 40% or something stupid like that.

ak1971
09-23-2009, 09:21 AM

why even bother..we suck..lets just call off the whole season. 2-14!!

errand
09-26-2009, 06:42 AM
LOL

Yeah, mcd really earned the same long leash that Shanny had. I remember mcd winning us back to back SBs and setting win records for the team just like Shanny.... You sure are a smart one.

As for youe love of orton. That is even funnier. It is like you guys don't even watch the games. You seem to care more about being looked at as a good fan than you care about the football part. Who in their right mind goes crazy when someone says orton sucks? Have you watched him play, ever? This is his 5th year so stop acting like crappy play is just him making rookie mistakes.

McDaniels earned his leash, however long it might be during NE's dominance in the NFL the past deacde, clown.

And I don't love Orton...all i've ever said is that he deserves a chance because he's shown that he can win games at this level. I'd dump himand McDaniels if it wins the Broncos a Super bowl. Unfortunately for widows like you we had to dump Mike and Jay in order to get on the right path.

BTW, this might be Orton's 5th year in league..but it's only his 3rd as a starter, and he won 10 of 15 starts and a division title as a rookie....oh, and 4th-5th year guys who make rookie mistakes do really stupid **** like tossing 4 INT's on national television

NYBronco
09-26-2009, 07:15 AM

And when Denver goes on to beat the raiders next week you will be saying the same thing going into Dallas.

If we lose to the raiders your on top of saying I told you so even if Kyle has a near perfect game.

elsid13
09-26-2009, 07:24 AM
The problem with Orton isn't that he's bad player, but rather he is very limited player. If Orton slow to make the right read he doesn't have the arm strength or mobility to make that play and is forced to either throw it away, dump it down or get sacked. I am still greatly concern with the fact that he has never throw completion rating of 60% over season even when he dumping it down to his backs and TEs.

NYBronco
09-26-2009, 09:16 AM
The problem with Orton isn't that he's bad player, but rather he is very limited player. If Orton slow to make the right read he doesn't have the arm strength or mobility to make that play and is forced to either throw it away, dump it down or get sacked. I am still greatly concern with the fact that he has never throw completion rating of 60% over season even when he dumping it down to his backs and TEs.

The only concern I have with Orton at this point is his familiarty with McDaniels system. Its new to him and all the other Bronco players. This is a good reason why I am being patient with his progress. Many just don't like him because he's not labeled/considered a "franchise" QB.

broncofan7
09-26-2009, 10:02 AM
And when Denver goes on to beat the raiders next week you will be saying the same thing going into Dallas.

If we lose to the raiders your on top of saying I told you so even if Kyle has a near perfect game.

Untrue--as soon as I see a day in which Orton leads us to 28 points and our D gives up 29--then I will cite our D as the issue...and what exactly is a 'perfect' game to you? Was Cincy an example of a 'perfect game' because he didn't turn the ball over? LOL

I forsee us winning the game on Sunday because our defense will be ALL OVER the raiders O causing a few turnovers and leading to some short fields for our offense--DALLAS--despite their defensive woes (giving up ~ 440 yds/gm) will be a true test because I think they will score 24 + points on our D--that will be a game that Orton MUST be able to keep up with the other team....

prunch
09-26-2009, 10:40 AM
c'mon .... aint we getting over this yet.

We are 2-0, winnable game on the road. Chuggers struggling.

There may be bad times ahead but right now we can at least enjoy the fun.