PDA

View Full Version : Charger Fans are in Full FIRE MY Coach and GM Mode!

Punisher
09-20-2009, 05:44 PM
http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=71182

Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=71189

Also a funny thread ROFL!

Bronx33
09-20-2009, 05:47 PM
I told em a couple years ago norv was a pussy coach.

iDENVER
09-20-2009, 05:48 PM
lol wow they are so mad. fire norv lmao

Beantown Bronco
09-20-2009, 05:52 PM
Easily one of the worst play calls I've seen in a long time.

Rohirrim
09-20-2009, 05:55 PM
I think Norv is the perfect coach for the Chargers. ;D

NYBronco
09-20-2009, 06:00 PM
I think Norv is the perfect coach for the Chargers. ;D

Similar to Al Davis being the best owner for the failures.

TexanBob
09-20-2009, 06:07 PM
NOOOOOO! Don't fire Norv! Wait until Wade Phillips is available.

KipCorrington25
09-20-2009, 06:08 PM
The greatest 1-1 team in the history of all sports.

Greatspirits
09-20-2009, 06:11 PM
I think Norvy has done a swell job! We need to start a "Keep Norv in San Diego" rally!!

Kid A
09-20-2009, 06:23 PM
Well, by all reports they were supposed to have wrapped the division up by now, so I can understand their disappointment.

RhymesayersDU
09-20-2009, 06:25 PM
Yeah terrible play calling. Norv is a dumbass.

snowspot66
09-20-2009, 06:27 PM
Hopefully they can go 8-8 or 9-7 and keep Norv for another year.

loborugger
09-20-2009, 06:36 PM

Beat me to it!

400HZ
09-20-2009, 07:43 PM
Personally, I'm not as down on the team as the noobs at .com are. In retrospect, going to a jumbo package for the last two plays of the game was stupid when Rivers was running the no-huddle spread so effectively, but then again if Dielman doesn't **** up and forget to block Ray Lewis then San Diego probably gets a first down and another chance to punch it in.

The offense failed in the red zone, but putting up 26 points isn't bad. Unfortunately the defense is in flux with all the injuries along the D line and Baltimore was able to exploit that. Guys like Vaughn Martin and Ogembi Nwaghbo are being asked to start when they should be rotational or even gameday inactives at this point in their careers, and not only are they starting but they can't rotate out because there isn't anyone behind them. Plus they have to take turns manning the nose spot even though nobody on the roster is ideally suited for it. The only good thing about the situation there is that the lack of depth was exposed early and the Chargers still have time to make moves to address it.

And fortunately Denver doesn't get to play Cincinatti and Cleveland every week. :)

Bronco Boy
09-20-2009, 07:45 PM
That FG inches from the goal line on 3rd down was epic fail.

Boltjolt
09-20-2009, 07:51 PM
Personally, I'm not as down on the team as the noobs at .com are. In retrospect, going to a jumbo package for the last two plays of the game was stupid when Rivers was running the no-huddle spread so effectively, but then again if Dielman doesn't **** up and forget to block Ray Lewis then San Diego probably gets a first down and another chance to punch it in.

The offense failed in the red zone, but putting up 26 points isn't bad. Unfortunately the defense is in flux with all the injuries along the D line and Baltimore was able to exploit that. Guys like Vaughn Martin and Ogembi Nwaghbo are being asked to start when they should be rotational or even gameday inactives at this point in their careers, and not only are they starting but they can't rotate out because there isn't anyone behind them. Plus they have to take turns manning the nose spot even though nobody on the roster is ideally suited for it. The only good thing about the situation there is that the lack of depth was exposed early and the Chargers still have time to make moves to address it.

And fortunately Denver doesn't get to play Cincinatti and Cleveland every week. :)

Bad formation switch and terrible, terrible call. I dont know what Norv was thinking there or his decision to kick a FG from the 5 yardline on 3rd down with 15 seconds to go in the first half.

Norv stunk today with his coaching. Oh well, ....14 games to go and hope we get things rolling. Need the defense to tighten up. Losing Jamal for the year is a biggy.

Oh and for the hundredth time....chargers.com is a horrible forum with lots of kids posting there.

boltaneer
09-21-2009, 12:28 AM
Norv absolutely sucked rocks today yet the Chargers outplayed Baltimore, which no one gave them a chance to do.

Taking the ball out of Rivers' hands at the end of both halves was the biggest WTF moment I've ever seen Norv do. If he learns from this, it's all good. We'll see...

There's a lot of positives I saw in this game. Run defense still struggled but showed signs of improvement. Rivers played out of his mind especially with the patchwork o-line he has protecting him. Cason keeps improving every week (though he had that one screw up on a TD pass today.) Sproles is downright scary when he gets the ball in space. Vincent Jackson just tore up that Baltimore secondary. Bennett was running well though I don't understand why Norv stopped giving him the rock.

I'm with 400 and Boltjolt. I'm not pissed about this game like the fools over at that other message board are. The guys played their ass off and played well enough to win. Norv is the one who held them back today. It felt like I was watching Norv morph into Marty during a playoff game today. As much as it pains me to say this, this horrible coaching job by Norv today was completely out of the blue and it was out of his character to do.

But it's week two. And there are a dozen teams out there that are completely Jekyll and Hyde right now. You don't know which version will show up next week. And the Patriots and Steelers look more like crap than Super Bowl contenders so far but I bet that won't be the case at the end of the season. Gotta let things play out.

OCBronco
09-21-2009, 03:22 AM
Watching the Chuggers game today reminded me why the Moreno pick was such a good one for us. SD had their eye on him, and would have drafted him if we didn't take him. Can you imagine that? They would be grooming Moreno to take over for Tomlinson right now.

As it stands, they've got a broken down Tomlinson (who's fading fast), a midget lightning bug (not the guy you want carrying the ball on 4th and 2), and a bunch of other stuff (that won't be confused with an NFL starting running back).

By picking Moreno, we strengthened our team and weakened the Chargers all at once.

Bronco Yoda
09-21-2009, 03:30 AM
I thought they did pretty well considering the O-line injuries they have.

cutthemdown
09-21-2009, 03:38 AM
They can't run ball very well so thats a concern for them. Rivers is amazing though he will have them in every game.

Boltjolt
09-21-2009, 06:56 AM
Watching the Chuggers game today reminded me why the Moreno pick was such a good one for us. SD had their eye on him, and would have drafted him if we didn't take him. Can you imagine that? They would be grooming Moreno to take over for Tomlinson right now.

As it stands, they've got a broken down Tomlinson (who's fading fast), a midget lightning bug (not the guy you want carrying the ball on 4th and 2), and a bunch of other stuff (that won't be confused with an NFL starting running back).

By picking Moreno, we strengthened our team and weakened the Chargers all at once.

They weren't going to pick Moreno. Not like there weren't plenty of RB's to choose from. Still could of picked McCoy which would of been my choice for us. We didn't pick a RB till the 4th round in a very good class and ended up cutting him.

400HZ
09-21-2009, 07:44 AM

The Chargers had no interest in Moreno. There was already $13 million tied up for the year between LT and Sproles and they needed help in the trenches far more than at skill positions. I think Moreno was a dumb pick for YOU guys since you already had cheaper options who are just as effective.

Orange_Beard
09-21-2009, 08:20 AM
Why? they are .500. That was good enough last year.

Beantown Bronco
09-21-2009, 08:31 AM
Taking the ball out of Rivers' hands at the end of both halves was the biggest WTF moment I've ever seen Norv do. If he learns from this, it's all good. We'll see...

This proved to me that Rivers deep down is a wuss. Winners want and demand the ball at the end of the game. If Rivers wasn't such a scared little baby, he would've audibled out of that ridiculous call at the end.

baja
09-21-2009, 08:42 AM
Norv absolutely sucked rocks today yet the Chargers outplayed Baltimore, which no one gave them a chance to do.

<B>Taking the ball out of Rivers' hands at the end of both halves was the biggest WTF moment I've ever seen Norv do. If he learns from this, it's all good. We'll see...</b>

There's a lot of positives I saw in this game. Run defense still struggled but showed signs of improvement. Rivers played out of his mind especially with the patchwork o-line he has protecting him. Cason keeps improving every week (though he had that one screw up on a TD pass today.) Sproles is downright scary when he gets the ball in space. Vincent Jackson just tore up that Baltimore secondary. Bennett was running well though I don't understand why Norv stopped giving him the rock.

I'm with 400 and Boltjolt. I'm not pissed about this game like the fools over at that other message board are. The guys played their ass off and played well enough to win. Norv is the one who held them back today. It felt like I was watching Norv morph into Marty during a playoff game today. As much as it pains me to say this, this horrible coaching job by Norv today was completely out of the blue and it was out of his character to do.

But it's week two. And there are a dozen teams out there that are completely Jekyll and Hyde right now. You don't know which version will show up next week. And the Patriots and Steelers look more like crap than Super Bowl contenders so far but I bet that won't be the case at the end of the season. Gotta let things play out.

"Learns from this" ha ha ha hahahaha

Dude Nor vious has been coaching for like 400 years, don't you think he should have a grasp on this by now?

barryr
09-21-2009, 08:42 AM
That run play at the end was very strange. Obviously felt it was going to fool the defense, but they hadn't run the ball well all game long and didn't even have a FB to block for a smallish RB. Just not a smart play call IMO.

Natedog24
09-21-2009, 09:14 AM
Must be September, Charger fans want to fire their coach again ::)

BuckinKaeding
09-21-2009, 09:28 AM
You cannot excuse Norv for taking a FG w/ 10 seconds left in the 3rd quarter.

Hes a dumb **** who deserves to be axed. That wouldn't help the Chargers really at this point I don't think, this isn't like baseball where you can change Coaches/Managers in the middle of the season and become better (see Rockies).

He just needs to stop being such a gutless drunk.

Tombstone RJ
09-21-2009, 09:39 AM
You cannot excuse Norv for taking a FG w/ 10 seconds left in the 3rd quarter.

Hes a dumb **** who deserves to be axed. That wouldn't help the Chargers really at this point I don't think, this isn't like baseball where you can change Coaches/Managers in the middle of the season and become better (see Rockies).

He just needs to stop being such a gutless drunk.

Norv is brilliant. That no FG move was a stroke of genius. Then, he starts running the ball on the last drive, he's just light years ahead of the competition with that coaching decision. He probably saved Rivers from throwing an huge INT. I mean, with Rivers, Gates, Naanee, VJ and Sproles out of the backfied, why throw the ball?

Norv is just way ahead of the game. Kudos to him for pulling defeat from the jaws of victory!

2KBack
09-21-2009, 09:43 AM
This isn't a new revelation. I posted this back in Norvs first season with the chargers. Norv Turner's teams give the fans and ownership just enough hope to keep him around, and get a little worse every season. The exact same thing happened in Washington. Good teams will get worse and worse, he's the anti-rebuilding coach. He slowly breaks down good teams.

Karenin
09-21-2009, 10:21 AM
this horrible coaching job by Norv today was completely out of the blue and it was out of his character to do.

"lol"

Karenin
09-21-2009, 10:22 AM
This isn't a new revelation. I posted this back in Norvs first season with the chargers. Norv Turner's teams give the fans and ownership just enough hope to keep him around, and get a little worse every season. The exact same thing happened in Washington. Good teams will get worse and worse, he's the anti-rebuilding coach. He slowly breaks down good teams.

I don't know if taking a 14-2 team to 8-8 in two years would really be considered "slowly" breaking them down. Seems pretty fast to me.

2KBack
09-21-2009, 10:34 AM
I don't know if taking a 14-2 team to 8-8 in two years would really be considered "slowly" breaking them down. Seems pretty fast to me.

ehhhh....14-2 to 11-5 to 9-7*, to currently 1-1. His record in washington doesn't show his trends as obviously, but those that were forced to watch them every week and listen to Redskin fans remember it quite well.

Norv Turner= just enough to lose yet shows just enough to keep his job

BroncoLifer
09-21-2009, 11:30 AM
Oh and for the hundredth time....chargers.com is a horrible forum with lots of kids posting there.

Bolt fans - are there any good SD forums? Where else besides OM do you visit?

boltaneer
09-21-2009, 11:36 AM
There are several very good smaller Charger forums. As with any type of forum, the larger, more popular forums are mostly watered down with idiots. The chargers.com and signonsandiego.com forums are the worst ones out there.

BroncoLifer
09-21-2009, 11:40 AM
There are several very good smaller Charger forums. As with any type of forum, the larger, more popular forums are mostly watered down with idiots. The chargers.com and signonsandiego.com forums are the worst ones out there.

Yeah, the SD versions of broncos.com and the Denver Post - lots of fools and kids. Bolttalk.com any good?

boltaneer
09-21-2009, 11:43 AM
Bolttalk.com started off real good. Honestly, I haven't been on there much for a while so I'm not sure if it's still up to par. There are some good posters there though.

BroncoMan4ever
09-21-2009, 12:02 PM
anyone worried that Shanahan might go to SD next year?

i know about the AJ Smith factor in SD, but it is also pretty likely that with Mike's next job he isn't going to have full power like he did here, and will be in a coach-GM relationship.

i would hate for him to end up in the AFC West, we all know how much he loves to stick it to former teams, and i bet he'd love to do it 2 times a year.

boltaneer
09-21-2009, 12:17 PM
anyone worried that Shanahan might go to SD next year?

i know about the AJ Smith factor in SD, but it is also pretty likely that with Mike's next job he isn't going to have full power like he did here, and will be in a coach-GM relationship.

i would hate for him to end up in the AFC West, we all know how much he loves to stick it to former teams, and i bet he'd love to do it 2 times a year.

I don't see the Chargers going to a WCO. It wouldn't make sense with their offensive personnel.

Boltjolt
09-21-2009, 07:25 PM
Yeah, the SD versions of broncos.com and the Denver Post - lots of fools and kids. Bolttalk.com any good?

Bolttalk is ok

Also the Charger forum at www.thenflforum.com
www.smashmouthmensans.com is a Charger forum
www.Glorifythepast.com

even the signonsandiego forum is better than Chargers.com. That one just blows but it is the busiest so if you want comedy after a loss....go there but to us it sucks.

As for Norv, i never liked the hiring and prefered Rex Ryan and now i am really pissed we didnt get him with the attitude he brings to the Jets.

BuckinKaeding
09-21-2009, 08:43 PM
http://www.thenflforum.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=56 is the best one.

Its thenflforum.com one that Boltjolt mentioned.

Not many users, but it reminds me a lot of Orange Mane or Chiefs Planet

BroncoMan4ever
09-21-2009, 11:42 PM
I don't see the Chargers going to a WCO. It wouldn't make sense with their offensive personnel.

true, but you will more than likely be coach hunting next off season, and like him or not, Shanahan is the best that will be available, aside from maybe Cowher.

also, aren't a lot of your offensive players getting up there in age or injuries? it wouldn't take a whole lot to adjust your scheme to a WCO.

prunch
09-21-2009, 11:46 PM
Dolts have this season and then the contracts start coming up. Can't pay them all ....

This season or bust for the dolts

Boltjolt
09-22-2009, 12:16 AM
true, but you will more than likely be coach hunting next off season, and like him or not, Shanahan is the best that will be available, aside from maybe Cowher.

also, aren't a lot of your offensive players getting up there in age or injuries? it wouldn't take a whole lot to adjust your scheme to a WCO.

Chambers is the oldest at 31 then LT at 30. The rest are 27 and under. Doubt we go WCO.

Shanahan wont come here if he has any inclination that he will run things because he wont. It will still be AJ. Hell i dont want him just because he will have a say who his DC is.

If we hire another HC, may as well promote Rivera.

boltaneer
09-22-2009, 12:35 AM

Besides LT and Chambers, no. Gates is 29 but that's not old for a tight end and he's bounced back from his foot injury fine. Chambers will be gone next year because of money and because his production is dropping. Ditto for LT. The majority of the offense are in their prime. The trick is now to get some of them (Jackson, McNeill, Sproles) re-signed.

Making Rivers switch offenses at this point in time doesn't make much sense to me. He's become one of the elite quarterbacks in the game so why change what he's become so successful at?

I can definitely see them making a switch at head coach if Norv screws up this year but it doesn't have to be some big name coach like Cowher or Shanahan. It's funny how fans only want big name coaches. Up and coming coaches are having success all over the league. I would definitely prefer an up and coming young coach over who is hungry over someone like Shanahan who seemed to have flamed out in his last few years. Cowher seems to have little desire to rush back to coaching. I'm not sure how hungry he'll be if he comes back. Someone desperate (Daniel Snyder) will overpay one of them and I don't see that turning out well.

boltaneer
09-22-2009, 12:46 AM
Dolts have this season and then the contracts start coming up. Can't pay them all ....

This season or bust for the dolts

I'm not so sure about that.

On the offensive side they need to re-sign Jackson, McNeill and Sproles.

LT, Chambers and Sproles are eating around $18 million in cap space this season. I think Sproles could be re-signed to a nice but non-bank breaking contract and it should be a lower cap charge next season if they can get it done. Chambers won't be back and I have my doubts that LT will be at his current price. They have cheap and ready replacements to step in for Chambers in Naanee and Malcom Floyd. I see them drafting a RB probably in the 2nd round next year.

On the defensive side there's Merriman and they might as well announce that they're franchising him tomorrow because that's pretty much guaranteed. Whether they keep him or do a trade after that, we'll see.

While it won't be easy to keep all three (McNeill, Jackson, Sproles) I think there will be money there for it to be done.

Of course, if there is no new CBA next year, aside from Chambers or LT, they're not going to lose anyone. Hell, they could keep LT around one more year if that happens.

cutthemdown
09-22-2009, 12:54 AM
Besides LT and Chambers, no. Gates is 29 but that's not old for a tight end and he's bounced back from his foot injury fine. Chambers will be gone next year because of money and because his production is dropping. Ditto for LT. The majority of the offense are in their prime. The trick is now to get some of them (Jackson, McNeill, Sproles) re-signed.

Making Rivers switch offenses at this point in time doesn't make much sense to me. He's become one of the elite quarterbacks in the game so why change what he's become so successful at?

I can definitely see them making a switch at head coach if Norv screws up this year but it doesn't have to be some big name coach like Cowher or Shanahan. It's funny how fans only want big name coaches. Up and coming coaches are having success all over the league. I would definitely prefer an up and coming young coach over who is hungry over someone like Shanahan who seemed to have flamed out in his last few years. Cowher seems to have little desire to rush back to coaching. I'm not sure how hungry he'll be if he comes back. Someone desperate (Daniel Snyder) will overpay one of them and I don't see that turning out well.

with no CBA, and an uncapped yr, Chargers will not only have the franchise tag available, but also 2 transition tags. Rules are changed that allow a team to use all 3 in one yr.

Then any playoff team can not sign another player unless they first lose a play to FA.

They may not have a problem keeping whoever they want.

Archer81
09-22-2009, 01:11 AM
Must be September, Charger fans want to fire their coach again ::)

Some Bronco fans wanted McDaniels gone in April.

:Broncos:

400HZ
09-22-2009, 12:52 PM

Unfortunately Denver, sitting at 1-1 does not doom a season. The Chargers have big adjustments to make to overcome the loss of Jamal Williams, but there is still time to make it happen. It would be a much more devestating injury to sustain in December. And despite the newfound bravado around here, the Broncos are hardly an unstoppable juggernaught that San Diego cannot hope to catch. :)

gyldenlove
09-22-2009, 01:11 PM
That run play at the end was very strange. Obviously felt it was going to fool the defense, but they hadn't run the ball well all game long and didn't even have a FB to block for a smallish RB. Just not a smart play call IMO.

That is how he won in week 1, run the ball inside the red zone with 18 seconds to go in the 4th and needing to score.

Karenin
09-22-2009, 01:12 PM
yea, I can see why you'd be so confident, what with your loss at home and your near loss to the oakland raiders. not to mention coming off that stellar 8-8 season. lots of reasons to be optimistic in san diego.

GoBroncos DownUnder
09-22-2009, 01:21 PM
I have to say, I think THIS should be pic of the week: :strong:

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/canon_wk_02_2009_01_BETTER.jpg

barryr
09-22-2009, 01:23 PM
That is how he won in week 1, run the ball inside the red zone with 18 seconds to go in the 4th and needing to score.

It wasn't against the Ravens.

Bronx33
09-22-2009, 01:25 PM
Man that was a stupid call by the chuggers just flat stupid to send a midget to do a fullbacks job and to top it off rivers was tearing em up on the pass all the way down the field but i guessing norv had an epiphany and said (they will never expect this play) followed by some geeky dr evil laugh ROFL!

Black96WS6
09-22-2009, 01:45 PM
Fantasyland - current state of the board:
Denver starts out 2-1 or 3-0 by beating perrenial powerhouses Cincinatti, Cleveland, and (maybe) Oakland.

Orange Mane euphoric. AFC West Division crown proclaimed! "When are you buying your Denver Playoff Tickets?" - common theme heard 'round the 'Mane.

Much love for ex-Bears QB and new coach.

THEN - Reality Sets In:
Denver's next 8 games are against actual NFL teams:
Dallas.
New England.
San Diego.
Baltimore.
Pittsburgh.
Washington.
San Diego again.
New York Giants.

Denver goes 0-8, 1-7, or (at best) 2-6 over that span. "We suck!" "Fire our coach!" "Get rid of our QB!" - once again heard in the hallowed halls of the 'Mane.

Finally, inbetween 2 more games with KC and OAK, 2 more quality opponents in the COLTS and EAGLES put the final nail in the coffin, if the lid hasn't been slammed shut and nailed tight by then already.

More depressed fans ready to jump ship, "Get rid of everyone" "Clean house!" "Our Defensive Coordinator sucks!" and "what QB should we pick in the draft" threads begin popping up....ahh...the Orange Mane that we all know and love is back to normal....

And all is right with the world again ;)

gyldenlove
09-22-2009, 01:48 PM
It wasn't against the Ravens.

Hey, I didn't say it was a good idea, but at least he is consistently stupid.

oubronco
09-22-2009, 01:52 PM
Denver starts out 2-1 or 3-0 by beating perrenial powerhouses Cincinatti, Cleveland, and (maybe) Oakland.

Orange Mane euphoric. AFC West Division crown proclaimed! "When are you buying your Denver Playoff Tickets?" - common theme heard 'round the 'Mane.

Sad but true

Punisher
09-22-2009, 01:58 PM

THEN - Reality Sets In:
Dallas.
New England.
San Diego.
Baltimore.
Pittsburgh.
Washington.
San Diego again.
New York Giants.

Denver goes 0-8, 1-7, or (at best) 2-6 over that span. "We suck!" "Fire our coach!" "Get rid of our QB!" - once again heard in the hallowed halls of the 'Mane.

Finally, inbetween 2 more games with KC and OAK, 2 more quality opponents in the COLTS and EAGLES put the final nail in the coffin, if the lid hasn't been slammed shut and nailed tight by then already.

More depressed fans ready to jump ship, "Get rid of everyone" "Clean house!" "Our Defensive Coordinator sucks!" and "what QB should we pick in the draft" threads begin popping up....ahh...the Orange Mane that we all know and love is back to normal....

Hmm i think u guys play all those teams too and your defesne isn't even as good as ours so we're looking like AFC West Divisional Champs. And by the way PAT,PITTS don't even look like good teams also the Redskins suck so much dick its not even funny.

Punisher
09-22-2009, 01:59 PM
Also

McD>Nov

Karenin
09-22-2009, 02:24 PM

THEN - Reality Sets In:
Dallas.
New England.
San Diego.
Baltimore.
Pittsburgh.
Washington.
San Diego again.
New York Giants.

I'd much rather be a fan of a young, improving team that most people predicted would be 4-12 but is pleasantly surprising people, than an old, declining team that's the ZOMG BEST TEAM ON PAPER EVER SUPER BOWL CHAMPS every year, yet finishes 8-8.

400HZ
09-22-2009, 02:43 PM

THEN - Reality Sets In:
Dallas.
New England.
San Diego.
Baltimore.
Pittsburgh.
Washington.
San Diego again.
New York Giants.

:notworthy

Remember to bump this post in a couple months.

cutthemdown
09-22-2009, 02:50 PM
The only reason Broncos even around in the AFC west last couple yrs is because Chargers are chokers. Make no mistake about it Chargers should have been 11-5 last yr at worst with the talent on that team.

For Broncos to even play with them shows what a bad coach turner is.

Broncos slowly getting better but like it has been pointed out unless Broncos are a Superbowl Caliber team, no way we win a lot of games playing Dallas/NE/Balt/Pitt/Giants/Eagles

Redskins we I don't put with those teams(Talent)
Chargers I don't put with those teams(Chronic underachievers)

SO Broncos may at best finish around 8-8 and be a better team then last yr, but the schedule makes it tough. A lot of those teams are established and have better qbs, better front 7's etc etc.

Orange_Beard
09-22-2009, 02:53 PM

and you will still be a loser.

cutthemdown
09-22-2009, 02:53 PM

Instead of bumping a thread about how Chargers will win this yr?

Oh wait thats right even you don't make that type of thread.

Even you know deep down the team once again is squandering talent and is not going anywhere.

How long before the media labels Chargers for what they are? A bunch of chronic chokers, close but no cigar, never won a Superbowl losers.

WolfpackGuy
09-22-2009, 03:00 PM
So what if the Chuggers make the playoffs?
They'll be one and done or two and barbecue as usual.
Just another year of getting older and not making it happen.

Hotrod
09-22-2009, 03:12 PM
Man that was a stupid call by the chuggers just flat stupid to send a midget to do a fullbacks job and to top it off rivers was tearing em up on the pass all the way down the field but i guessing norv had an epiphany and said (they will never expect this play) followed by some geeky dr evil laugh ROFL!

While I agree I'm betting a mac truck would have gotten blown up on that play. The real thing of beauty was watching Phillis rivers meltdown !Booya!

Punisher
09-22-2009, 04:29 PM
I just know that these ****ing a-holes better beat the Dolphins or it will hurt me in the Pickem L.

Archer81
09-22-2009, 04:46 PM
Crazy thought...what if we do beat a majority of the balt/dal/nyg/indi/sd/pitt "powerhouse" teams?

400HZ
09-22-2009, 04:50 PM
Instead of bumping a thread about how Chargers will win this yr?

Oh wait thats right even you don't make that type of thread.

Even you know deep down the team once again is squandering talent and is not going anywhere.

How long before the media labels Chargers for what they are? A bunch of chronic chokers, close but no cigar, never won a Superbowl losers.

The talent thing is pretty subjective. In 2006 you could argue that San Diego might have been the most talented team in the league, but that was three years ago when, by the way, Norv was in San Francisco. That 'most talented' song and dance somehow still gets play from the dolts on espn who I doubt even watch any west coast teams, but most people who seriously follow the Chargers know that it's a farce. Even Norv (http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/sep/21/n48433-charlede21-acee-chargers/?chargers) knows it.

Last year, the Chargers had a dysfunctional defense backed up by an offense that could make big plays in the passing game better than they had any right to expect, but could not run the ball and could not pass protect consistantly. They made it to the divisional round and knocked off one of the hottest teams in the league. Underperforming? Many fans, myself included most of the time, feel like the team underperforms every time they lose. But realistically that wasn't underperforming based on their talent level. Pittsburgh was better and healthier last year and knocked them off.

What about the year before? They won a game in the playoffs that they were expected to win, and then went into their second game as ten point dogs, immediately lost their starting running back, and then lost their quarterback. Underachievement? They won.

Of course that was quickly forgotten the next year when half the goddamn roster couldn't work in training camp due to injuries and then that 1/1,000,000 bull**** with the Panthers and then Hochuli happened back to back and cast a palor over their season right from the get-go.

Then you get to this year and suddenly the national media is back on the Charger preseason bandwagon, which I hate considering their incredible lack of insight into the team, and now they are 'underperforming' again since they lost a game. Nevermind that the opponent who beat them is coming off an AFCCG appearance and isn't dealing with the loss of their defensive keystone or a slew of backup linemen on both sides of the ball.

Show me where the Chargers are so talented that every loss is 'underperforming.' They have an awesome quarterback and lots of weapons in the passing game. Beyond that, what? An average O line that is missing two starters already. A D line that was average and shallow on depth BEFORE losing its best player. Can you even name our DL starters right now? I'm not sure if I can. The Ravens got San Diego at a great time and they game planned right around exploiting those weaknesses. Any coach is going to have trouble covering those areas up on the fly. It would have been nice if he could, but hey its week 2 and there is lots of football left to play.

Hotrod
09-22-2009, 04:52 PM
Crazy thought...what if we do beat a majority of the balt/dal/nyg/indi/sd/pitt "powerhouse" teams?

Josh McDaniels gets to bitch slap me on live TV during half time of our SB

Bronx33
09-22-2009, 05:29 PM
While I agree I'm betting a mac truck would have gotten blown up on that play. The real thing of beauty was watching Phillis rivers meltdown !Booya!

Only the mack truck isn't as valuable as sproles. :clown:

barryr
09-22-2009, 05:32 PM
Without a healthy LT, the Chargers just don't have a great shot of going far. Sproles makes a lot of big plays, but without a grinder, it all falls on Rivers and I'm just not convinced he can do it himself. Not having Williams at NT isn't helping either. Not to mention, I just don't think Turner is that great a head coach. He's a really good OC and QB coach though.

boltaneer
09-22-2009, 05:44 PM
Without a healthy LT, the Chargers just don't have a great shot of going far. Sproles makes a lot of big plays, but without a grinder, it all falls on Rivers and I'm just not convinced he can do it himself. Not having Williams at NT isn't helping either.

This.

No running game and trouble in the trenches are not going to get you far in the post season, and even in the regular season. But this being the AFC West, I think it's their division to lose. Sorry. :flower:

goldengopher1976
09-22-2009, 05:48 PM

:spit:

BroncoMan4ever
09-22-2009, 11:51 PM

good points. i just don't think Sproles is going to be the answer when LT is out. Gartrell might be a good big back to help him out, but there is no way Sproles can carry the load without help.

BroncoMan4ever
09-22-2009, 11:56 PM

THEN - Reality Sets In:
Dallas.
New England.
San Diego.
Baltimore.
Pittsburgh.
Washington.
San Diego again.
New York Giants.

Dallas is beatable and is playing like **** lately. something like .500 the last 22 games they have played

New England doesn't look like the world beaters they have been the better part of this decade.

SD we will more than likely split the season series with them again

Baltimore is tough but beatable, just depends who can get their offense going better

Pittsburgh is not the same Pittsburgh team that won the super bowl

Washington sucks ass

The Giants are the roughest part of that 8 game stretch.

we will be at least 7-4 at the end of that 8 game stretch

boltaneer
09-23-2009, 03:43 AM
good points. i just don't think Sproles is going to be the answer when LT is out. Gartrell might be a good big back to help him out, but there is no way Sproles can carry the load without help.

Yeah, I think we all know Sproles isn't an every down back.

If they re-sign him, I'm thinking that they will go after d-line and a running back with their first two draft picks next year. This is assuming LT is no longer there, which I believe is going to be the case.

BTW, Gatrell Johnson is no longer on the team. He got cut and the Giants picked him up.

baja
09-23-2009, 06:52 AM
Dallas is beatable and is playing like **** lately. something like .500 the last 22 games they have played

New England doesn't look like the world beaters they have been the better part of this decade.

SD we will more than likely split the season series with them again

Baltimore is tough but beatable, just depends who can get their offense going better

Pittsburgh is not the same Pittsburgh team that won the super bowl

Washington sucks ass

The Giants are the roughest part of that 8 game stretch.

we will be at least 7-4 at the end of that 8 game stretch

I don't see a game there that isn't winnable I don't see any team there that makes me say there is no way in hell we beat those guys.

TailgateNut
09-23-2009, 08:40 AM

THEN - Reality Sets In:
Dallas.
New England.
San Diego.
Baltimore.
Pittsburgh.
Washington.
San Diego again.
New York Giants.

JHNS in sheeps clothing. :giggle:

You forgot the "I told you so threads".

Help is available for your Crack addiction.

BroncoMan4ever
09-23-2009, 12:17 PM
I don't see a game there that isn't winnable I don't see any team there that makes me say there is no way in hell we beat those guys.

exactly. i simply thought 4-4 in case we sputtered or, because a few of those teams brought their A games. but there is not a team in that 8 game stretch that it is already a foregone conclusion that they ae going to beat us.

we'll be 7-4 or better at the end of that stretch.

Cool Breeze
09-23-2009, 12:42 PM

THEN - Reality Sets In:
Dallas.
New England.
San Diego.
Baltimore.
Pittsburgh.
Washington.
San Diego again.
New York Giants.

I think the difference is the Chargers were nearly crowned AFC Champs up to this point - there have been question marks regarding their head coach - aptly so.

Denver has a first year coach - no expectations
The turnstile defense appears to be a thing of the past and the drama of the off seasons is forgotten.

So while things are looking up for us - not so much for the Chargers...

Peoples Champ
09-23-2009, 12:44 PM
I think the difference is the Chargers were nearly crowned AFC Champs up to this point - there have been question marks regarding their head coach - aptly so.

Denver has a first year coach - no expectations
The turnstile defense appears to be a thing of the past and the drama of the off seasons is forgotten.

So while things are looking up for us - not so much for the Chargers...

Good point, SD has very high expectations going into year, Denvers were very low.

Popcorn Sutton
09-23-2009, 12:45 PM

If they re-sign him, I'm thinking that they will go after d-line and a running back with their first two draft picks next year. This is assuming LT is no longer there, which I believe is going to be the case.

BTW, Gatrell Johnson is no longer on the team. He got cut and the Giants picked him up.

Surprised to hear that...

Beantown Bronco
09-23-2009, 01:05 PM

boltaneer doesn't appear to be on the same page as some of his buddies who think there's no way they were looking at a guy like Moreno this year:

They weren't going to pick Moreno. Not like there weren't plenty of RB's to choose from. Still could of picked McCoy which would of been my choice for us. We didn't pick a RB till the 4th round in a very good class and ended up cutting him.

The Chargers had no interest in Moreno. There was already $13 million tied up for the year between LT and Sproles and they needed help in the trenches far more than at skill positions. I think Moreno was a dumb pick for YOU guys since you already had cheaper options who are just as effective.

Peoples Champ
09-23-2009, 01:16 PM
boltaneer doesn't appear to be on the same page as some of his buddies who think there's no way they were looking at a guy like Moreno this year:

Thats funny, cus Moreno looks like a stud out there.

GoBroncos DownUnder
09-23-2009, 01:37 PM
Thats funny, cus Moreno looks like a stud out there.
Yeah, and you KNOW that AJ Smith hates "stud" players ... and good coaches:
Drew Brees - CUT
Michael Turner - CUT
Tomlinson - soon to be cut!
Marty 14-2 Schottenheimer - FIRED

Way to go San Daigo!! Your Lombardi window has now CLOSED! :rofl:

Hotrod
09-23-2009, 02:11 PM

Get out of the sun Baja its killin you buddy.

On second thought **** it hand me some of this kool-aid......after all we took it to the Bungles and really smacked down the powerhouse browns.

If we go in to Oakland and bitch slap them I'll start to believe.

boltaneer
09-23-2009, 03:48 PM

No, I share the same view with them in that they weren't looking at drafting Moreno. They wanted to address the pass rush first.

We'll never really know though but that's the feeling I've got from what I've read.

Next year will be a different story, especially if LT isn't around. And we'll know that before the draft. I believe LT's roster/option bonus is due in March. I can totally see them going after a running back next year.

boltaneer
09-23-2009, 03:51 PM
Surprised to hear that...

I'm not. He didn't show anything in pre-season. The knock on him was that he didn't have great speed but he could run with a little power but he couldn't break one tackle in pre-season against 2nd and 3rd stringers.

I do think they wanted to get him on the practice squad if possible but I think everyone knew that a team would go after him and they wouldn't get the chance to keep him on the PS.

baja
09-24-2009, 11:25 PM
Get out of the sun Baja its killin you buddy.

On second thought **** it hand me some of this kool-aid......after all we took it to the Bungles and really smacked down the powerhouse browns.

If we go in to Oakland and b**** slap them I'll start to believe.

We are going to do fine cause we got us some big time locker room & on the field "IT"

Remember you heard it here first. ;D

ZONA
09-25-2009, 12:36 AM
The Chuggers let the wrong Turner go last year. One is a monster RB just shredding it and the other is a very lousy HC.

For real, I would have let LT go in a heart beat to keep Micheal Turner. He's a frickin nightmare.

boltaneer
09-25-2009, 01:19 AM
Turner is a great power back but he'll never be a complete back like LT. When I heard he only had six catches last year, I couldn't believe but it's true.

He is looking rather pedestrian this year. But I love the guy so I'm rooting for him to bounce back and tear it up again this season.

In hindsight it's easy to say they should have kept him and let LT go but at the time it was the right decision IMO. I have no problems with it.

ZONA
09-25-2009, 01:28 AM
Turner is a great power back but he'll never be a complete back like LT. When I heard he only had six catches last year, I couldn't believe but it's true.

He is looking rather pedestrian this year. But I love the guy so I'm rooting for him to bounce back and tear it up again this season.

In hindsight it's easy to say they should have kept him and let LT go but at the time it was the right decision IMO. I have no problems with it.

Yeah but with Sproles on the team, you wouldn't have needed to throw to Turner. I haven't seen the Falcons play yet this year in regular season but I watched him in one of their final preseason games and he was just punishing would be tacklers, it was sick. He's actually one of the few power backs that has some elusiveness and good speed. I still would have kept him over LT. It's rare that RB's over 30 produce alot. Yes there have been some but it's the exception and not the rule. And they could have signed Turner for alot less then LT and used that money on another contract. But I understand LT is like a king over in SD so it would not have been a popular move I'm sure.

Punisher
10-04-2009, 08:36 PM
http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=71828

Time to call you out. Your coaches and players are a joke. Failure from the top down. We get to watch this after watching Denver beat an equally pathetic Dallas team. Both sd and dallas, uninspired, embarrassing, laughable. Go home.

Sincerely,
Embarrassed
<!-- / message --> <!-- controls --> http://forums.chargers.com/images/buttons/quote.gif (http://forums.chargers.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2655096)

bump

:rofl:

Boltjolt
10-05-2009, 12:19 AM
Again, crap forum but Norv certainly isnt getting the job done.

Didnt really expect to win this game, but would of been nice. Havent won in Pittsburgh in the last 13 regular season games there. Not sure how many years that covers but dont matter. We dont win there. If we were at home and played this way it would be really disturbing but it is disturbing enough even in Pit.

Boltjolt
10-05-2009, 12:20 AM

Turner doesnt have very good hands and is his one weakness.