PDA

View Full Version : I give you the alone in first place DENVER BRONCOS

baja
09-20-2009, 05:34 PM
What say you nay sayers?

lex
09-20-2009, 05:36 PM
What say you nay sayers?

I say its week two. Two down and 8 to go.

BroncoBuff
09-20-2009, 05:36 PM
Awesome .... defense killed. Even Orton looked good.

And Cincinnati won in Green Bay, so they're better than we thought.

BroncoBuff
09-20-2009, 05:37 PM
2-0 lex, any way you look at it.

We have the BIG MO ... 3-0 is realistic now, and then who knows?

baja
09-20-2009, 05:37 PM
Broncos football is FUN once again

The MVPlaya
09-20-2009, 05:38 PM
Feels good... on to next week though... tell me where we are at at the end of the year and that's what matters.

snowspot66
We're already like 1/3 of the way to our takeaway total of last year. Good couple of weeks. Improvement across the board this week. Very happy to see that. Now we need to not leave points on the field.

lex
Awesome .... defense killed. Even Orton looked good.

And Cincinnati won in Green Bay, so they're better than we thought.

We caught Palmer at a good time.

baja
09-20-2009, 05:40 PM
Feels good... on to next week though... tell me where we are at at the end of the year and that's what matters.

No what matters is watching your favorite football team playing like winning in important to them.

baja
09-20-2009, 05:42 PM
Hey those of you that said we would only win 3 games we are 2/3 of the way to your astute prediction.

BroncoBuff
09-20-2009, 05:47 PM
What say you nay sayers?

I just realized ... this is a pot-stirrer thread.

Why can't we just have fun rather than do this stuff?

baja
09-20-2009, 05:56 PM

WHY?? Because we had to listen to your and others crap for six months and we earned to rub it in a little and there will be a lot more.

"Why we just have fun and forget all the crying" NOT GOING TO HAPPEN you don't get off that easy Mr. Vast & Smug Football Knowledge

NYBronco
09-20-2009, 05:56 PM
I say its week two. Two down and 8 to go.

We could be 0-2 like the Tennessee Titans who many have picked to win it all. Again its only week 2.

Popps
09-20-2009, 06:01 PM
It's funny... a lot of the naysayers have actually disappeared.

Won't name any names, but there are a few notable posters who were rampant right up until our first win, and then haven't really posted much since. Pretty amusing.

Anyway, people are going to react how they react. I'm stoked about what I'm seeing on the field. Props to a rebuilding team for putting together a strong effort again this week.

Drek
09-20-2009, 06:03 PM
We caught Palmer at a good time.

And I guess holding Jamal Lewis to 14 carries, 38 yards was catching him at the right time too?

The Browns put up 20 on the Vikings last week, thats supposed to be an elite D, despite losing the turnover battle 0-2. Our D just held them to 6, the first FG coming from a fumble on the kickoff that put them already in FG range.

I don't think we're a great team, but we're better than people gave us credit for going into the season. Most importantly, we're looking like a second half team in our first two weeks. That bodes well for how we play late in the season.

NYBronco
09-20-2009, 06:06 PM
I didn't see any of those "flukes" today.

lex
09-20-2009, 06:07 PM
And I guess holding Jamal Lewis to 14 carries, 38 yards was catching him at the right time too?

The Browns put up 20 on the Vikings last week, thats supposed to be an elite D, despite losing the turnover battle 0-2. Our D just held them to 6, the first FG coming from a fumble on the kickoff that put them already in FG range.

I don't think we're a great team, but we're better than people gave us credit for going into the season. Most importantly, we're looking like a second half team in our first two weeks. That bodes well for how we play late in the season.

Jamal Methuselah isnt what he used to be.

Its too early for all that kind of talk. I wouldnt assume Denver's D is better than Green Bays based on what has happened so far in the season.

Rohirrim
09-20-2009, 06:10 PM
I'm having a whole lot of fun watching this team. I'm not going to get too analytical about it. The D is playing with intensity. We slammed the door on Jamal. Doom is becoming a force off the edge. Even ST coverage is getting more impressive from week to week. The only problem that really jumped out at me in today's game was the play calling. But I'm not in the mood to nitpick. Having too much fun. ;D

baja
09-20-2009, 06:32 PM

"Second half team", good point Drek I am thrilled to see it's the other team and not the Broncos that are running out of gas in the 4th quarter.

Hello home field advantage, where oh where have you been.

PS I'll trade mopy jay and his pretty passes for the intangibles like this.

ChSuperStar
09-20-2009, 06:37 PM
The funny thing is some of the nay sayers are now saying positive things as though they have been supporting this team all the time. having said that, i was one who said this team will win between 3 and 6 games, If they go beyond that every win is a feather to josh's cap. But overall today they looked much better and props to the D for there effort 2 straight weeks. if not for the turnover at the start.... it was 3 pts against this D.

baja
09-20-2009, 06:39 PM

You piss me off how dare you whine about one thread after the 10,000 you started raking our team over the coals slandering Pat Bowlen (best owner in sports that has given so much to the fans and always spent the money to field a good team) Really how dare you?

I'm gonna start calling you Buffy the team spirit killer.

snowspot66
09-20-2009, 06:47 PM
When was the last time we ever came out stronger in the second half? At best it seemed like we would come out even for one quarter and shut it down for the other.

bpc
09-20-2009, 06:50 PM
Pretty awesome first two weeks. I'm impressed. I hoped I would be since we made such drastic changes. Still, the schedule goes no where but up from here. I hope the defense can keep it up.

Lev Vyvanse
09-20-2009, 06:51 PM

Won't name any names, but there are a few notable posters who were rampant right up until our first win, and then haven't really posted much since. Pretty amusing.

Anyway, people are going to react how they react. I'm stoked about what I'm seeing on the field. Props to a rebuilding team for putting together a strong effort again this week.

I won't name any names either, but his initials are SoCalBronco.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-20-2009, 07:47 PM
I'm lovin' it! :thumbs: :thumbsup: !Booya!

baja
09-20-2009, 08:05 PM
I won't name any names either, but his initials are SoCalBronco.

Other initials are R. E. V.

broncosteven
09-20-2009, 08:11 PM

I kinda miss Khan though.

Lev Vyvanse
09-20-2009, 08:26 PM
I kinda miss Khan though.

I don't think he was a naysayer. He was just sick of the bull****.

Br0nc0Buster
09-20-2009, 08:26 PM
yeah we did well today
And we were rolling in the 2nd half

Its good to see improvement, and hopefully it will continue against the Raiders next week

I dont expect this sort of shut down defense the entire year, but hopefully as the offense gets more comfortable, it will sort of balance out

broncosteven
09-20-2009, 08:29 PM
I don't think he was a naysayer. He was just sick of the bull****.

Too bad the bull**** continues even when we are winning.

Orange4Life
09-20-2009, 08:38 PM
I'm loving this. The defense has been outstanding. Pressure on the QB, turnovers, stopping the run. everything that has been missing the last couple of years.
The offense looked good today and got into a groove. Kyle looked much more comfortable today and made some good throws. I like what I'm seeing out of Know and Buck. Its a solid one two punch. Marshal actually played the second half today like he gave a ****. Bring on the fade.

UboBronco
09-20-2009, 09:13 PM
Jamal Methuselah isnt what he used to be.

Its too early for all that kind of talk. I wouldnt assume Denver's D is better than Green Bays based on what has happened so far in the season.

Lex..... WAKE UP...

I live here in Green Bay, and my wife's mom and Dad were friends of Vince and Marie Lombardi, so I live with the Green and Gold, and some people that actually know football.

My wife, her sister, and husband were so surprised that Denver could stop Cincy, but they could not, then we watched the Bronco Cleveland game, and they stated, at least our defense had excitement, heart, and attacked.

Please give credit where it is due. Even if you did not like the changes, or the way they came about this offseason, you have to be impressed with the intensity that has returned to the defense on the Broncos. That has been missing for many years now.