PDA

View Full Version : How do we keep winning when we suck so bad?

bronco0608
09-20-2009, 05:34 PM
Mcdoofus is tearing this team apart!

:flower:

baja
09-20-2009, 05:36 PM
I know damn it sucks to be 2 and 0 with a three phases improving week to week. Really sucks...

Beantown Bronco
09-20-2009, 05:38 PM
To be fair, even some of the most negative folks here were predicting a 2-0 start to this season. It's the middle to end of the schedule that people were worried about.

bronco0608
09-20-2009, 05:40 PM
To be fair, even some of the most negative folks here were predicting a 2-0 start to this season. It's the middle to end of the schedule that people were worried about.

Oh, so we are going to go on a six game losing streak in the middle of the season because you know, when you are going 5-11 those things happen.

Just to be fair though.

Oh boy, all those "football experts" on the mane. Gotta love'em! They just know sooo much about the game.

Kid A
09-20-2009, 05:42 PM
Still got the tough stretch of the season to go for sure, but all those John Clatyon type 3-13, expansion team predictions look pretty much disproved. The team I saw out there is more than capable of going over .500, no matter the schedule.

Gcver2ver3
09-20-2009, 05:43 PM
i'm happy...

BMarsh615
09-20-2009, 05:43 PM
I had us starting the season 3-0 before the season started and had them finishing at 6-10.

We do look a lot better than I thought we would though. The offense will keep getting better and we might be able to win this division. :strong:

lex
09-20-2009, 05:47 PM
They need to run the ball more but it was good to see Moreno starting to come around.

Beantown Bronco
09-20-2009, 05:49 PM
Oh, so we are going to go on a six game losing streak in the middle of the season because you know, when you are going 5-11 those things happen.

Just to be fair though.

Oh boy, all those "football experts" on the mane. Gotta love'em! They just know sooo much about the game.

I honestly don't understand this post.

Here's what I'm saying: the optimists on this board in the offseason that predicted a winning season had us 2-0 at this point. And the folks in the preseason that had us winning less than 8 games by and large had us at 2-0 at this point. So, in theory, what we've seen so far really shouldn't alter anyone's year end predictions much if at all.

cartel
09-20-2009, 05:49 PM
op must be a cutler fan

Drek
09-20-2009, 05:57 PM
I honestly don't understand this post.

Here's what I'm saying: the optimists on this board in the offseason that predicted a winning season had us 2-0 at this point. And the folks in the preseason that had us winning less than 8 games by and large had us at 2-0 at this point. So, in theory, what we've seen so far really shouldn't alter anyone's year end predictions much if at all.

Except we just saw a Broncos defense hold Jamal Lewis completely in check, the same Jamal Lewis who put up some good yards against he Vikings D last week.

We also saw that same Broncos D hold the Bengals to 6 points as well last week, that same Bengals team that put 31 up on a Packers D that was the talk of week 1.

Doom is looking good in the 3-4. Ayers showed some big strides this week and got some real good pressure even when going against Joe Thomas. The secondary is talented, the DL isn't the total scrubs we where told they where. We look like at least an average defense, maybe even a good defense.

Meanwhile the offense has its second straight week of showing a spark coming out of the half, but this time they end drives in touchdowns to ice the game away. McDaniels put his foot on the gas and ran with authority once that happened and we didn't allow any chances of a comeback.

Oh, and the special teams have now pretty much held two of the better returners in the NFL (Quan Cosby and Josh Cribbs) to some pretty unimpressive games as well. Last year they would have both probably put up one big return on us, minimum. This year we've started dropping guys behind the 20, largely thanks to a young couple gunners who disrupt the returner even if they don't get to finish the play.

spdirty
09-20-2009, 05:58 PM
Well, the bravado is funny. Orton still hasnt proven he can go to even his second read. We played Cincinnati and Celveland. And beat Cincy by the skin of our ass.

Beat New England, Dallas, San Diego, Indy, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Philly, and New York before pumpin those chests out.

Now dont get me wrong I have loved watching this defense, and love what Mike Nolan has done, and even the fact that McDaniels hired him. Even am encouraged seeing what Cincy did to what looked like a damn good Green Bay defense. But come on, man. Kyle Orton is not a starting quarterback in this league. And Ryan Harris was getting an ass pounding on the line, which makes me worry. Anyway, lets get about halfway through the season, and see what this team looks like before crowning em AFC West Champs.

Love being 2-0, but beat a real NFL team before beating your chests guys.

And remember, we were 2-0 last year and 2-0 in 2007 as well.

Popps
09-20-2009, 05:59 PM
Well, the bravado is funny. Orton still hasnt proven he can go to even his second read. We played Cincinnati and Celveland. And beat Cincy by the skin of our ass..

Poor guy.

Tough weekend for you, huh?

Don't worry, our first loss is coming. Hang in there.

:thumbsup:

beanerbronco
09-20-2009, 06:01 PM
I'm extremely happy right now!
as much as I love Shanny, the changes in the coaching staffchanges had to come; and even though I'm sure that with shanny and co. we could have easily beeen 2-0, I have seen a lot of good things coming from a very young squad. we are playing w a lot of heart and passion!
McDanields has made his fair-share of boneheaded decisions, but has turned around a lot of aspects or our football team.
Yes, we so have a toughhhh schedule ahead but I feel a bit more comfortable about ourn team after seeing that it is making strides towards our ultimate goal!

LEt's go broncossssssss!

DrFate
09-20-2009, 06:02 PM

And that bears repeating. Considering the two victories are over Cincy and Cleveland, where were a combined 8-23-1 last year (http://football.about.com/od/nationalfootballleague/l/bl_standings.htm) - I wouldn't be reserving playoff tickets just yet.

That said - the players, the fans, the coaches (yes, even Sparky) deserve all the credit a 2-0 franchise can get. The Broncos ARE 2-0, and the Broncos ARE in 1st place. Oakland next week. Denver could certainly win that game.

After that - we'll see.

Popcorn Sutton
09-20-2009, 06:03 PM
They need to run the ball more but it was good to see Moreno starting to come around.

Agreed lex. Nice post for once.

gunns
09-20-2009, 06:03 PM

Just to be fair though.

I hope you're including yourself in with those "football experts". You didn't know **** before today just like everybody else.

Our offense sucks but we have a DEFENSE!

BroncoBuff
09-20-2009, 06:05 PM
We also saw that same Broncos D hold the Bengals to 6 points as well last week, the same Bengals team that put 31 up on a Packers D that was the talk of week 1.
That's huge ... any question we looked good last week because we played an inferior offense are gone. And didn't Cleveland score alotta points last week?

BBS you're right of course, 2-0 was expected. But what we kinda forgot was the momentum that comes with a 2-0 start .... imo this is huge.

Doom is looking good in the 3-4.
Did you think the same as me today, I had almost forgot what a sack was like ! Sacks are HUGE! Loudest plays all day in the stadium were the sacks (other than the Buckhalter run).

BroncoBuff
09-20-2009, 06:08 PM
Well, the bravado is funny. Orton still hasnt proven he can go to even his second read. We played Cincinnati and Celveland. And beat Cincy by the skin of our ass.
Yeah, I'm not sold on Orton ... but as long as he doesn't throw picks, we can win.

Popcorn Sutton
09-20-2009, 06:08 PM
Except we just saw a Broncos defense hold Jamal Lewis completely in check, the same Jamal Lewis who put up some good yards against he Vikings D last week.

We also saw that same Broncos D hold the Bengals to 6 points as well last week, that same Bengals team that put 31 up on a Packers D that was the talk of week 1.

Doom is looking good in the 3-4. Ayers showed some big strides this week and got some real good pressure even when going against Joe Thomas. The secondary is talented, the DL isn't the total scrubs we where told they where. We look like at least an average defense, maybe even a good defense.

Meanwhile the offense has its second straight week of showing a spark coming out of the half, but this time they end drives in touchdowns to ice the game away. McDaniels put his foot on the gas and ran with authority once that happened and we didn't allow any chances of a comeback.

Oh, and the special teams have now pretty much held two of the better returners in the NFL (Quan Cosby and Josh Cribbs) to some pretty unimpressive games as well. Last year they would have both probably put up one big return on us, minimum. This year we've started dropping guys behind the 20, largely thanks to a young couple gunners who disrupt the returner even if they don't get to finish the play.

Great post. I don't understand why being happy about this win equates to predicting playoffs. I just hope we win 6 games with this schedule. I am still pumped about a LOT of positive things today. Orton...... eesh! Still very shaky but like I've said before, I don't expect great things out of the gate. I just want to see improvements. Happy we won the turnover battle again!

Drek
09-20-2009, 06:11 PM
Did you think the same as me today, I had almost forgot what a sack was like ! Sacks are HUGE! Loudest plays all day in the stadium were the sacks (other than the Buckhalter run).

Doom's came at a huge time, thats for sure. We'd just gone up by two TDs, Cleveland needed a good drive to get back in it, and Doom basically took it away single handed.

And Cleveland put up 20 last week against the Vikings WITH Kevin and Pat at DT.

rastaman
09-20-2009, 06:12 PM

Careful, "Brew-Crew" and his merry band of followers may want to band you for speaking the obvious.:peace:

lazarus4444
09-20-2009, 06:13 PM
Orton was in the business of not losing the game for us. Sure some of the throws looked pretty bad but in the end he played good enough to get the win and didn't hurt us. From where I was sitting (In my living room) it looked like some of those complete misses were QB/WR miscommunication. Who did the mis part of the miscommunicating i don't know but it's all about the offense working in synch together and they were not in synch in the first half but looked a lot better than last week.

BMarsh615
09-20-2009, 06:14 PM
Orton still hasnt proven he can go to even his second read.

100% untrue.

enjolras
09-20-2009, 06:15 PM
Orton played well in the second half. Spread the field and got just vertical enough (hit two nice long passes down the sideline to both Gaffney and Marshall). The game wouldn't have been close as it was coming into the 4th quarter if Stokely doesn't drop a nice pass on 3rd down.

Lots and lots of nice progress this week.

Drek
09-20-2009, 06:16 PM
Well, the bravado is funny. Orton still hasnt proven he can go to even his second read.

I was as down on Orton's first half as anyone, but he did step it up in the second half and hit some clutch throws.

Its like I said in the game thread though, he hit Moreno on a few, Buckhalter on a screen, and suddenly that heavy rush is laying back and Orton has time to hit guys deep.

I just hope we don't need a second half adjustment to see similar production next week against the raiders. The second half adjustment next week needs to be us putting it well out of reach and having the game iced early.

And today we saw why we brought in Lamont Jordan. He's a solid veteran pounder. As soon as we had the game put away Moreno and Buckhalter could both take the rest of the day off. Thats a lot of saved hits they don't need to heal from for next week.

enjolras
09-20-2009, 06:17 PM
I still think 7-9 or 8-8 is where this team will end up... but this team is going to compete and play hard week in and week out. We're not to many players away from being a good team.

elsid13
09-20-2009, 06:18 PM
Yeah we won, but we also just beat a team that hasn't scored an offense TD since the last time we played them last season. It was good win, defense tighten the zone coverage from last week and applied pressure, but the offense still wasn't pretty and Orton is work in progress at best.

Drek
09-20-2009, 06:19 PM
I still think 7-9 or 8-8 is where this team will end up... but this team is going to compete and play hard week in and week out. We're not to many players away from being a good team.

I've been a 9-7 +/-1 most of the off-season. We could keep this momentum going and take a 10-6 season, or we could scuffle and go 8-8. Maybe 7-9, but I don't think we'll be too far off .500 either way.

oubronco
09-20-2009, 06:21 PM
I was as down on Orton's first half as anyone, but he did step it up in the second half and hit some clutch throws.

Its like I said in the game thread though, he hit Moreno on a few, Buckhalter on a screen, and suddenly that heavy rush is laying back and Orton has time to hit guys deep.
I just hope we don't need a second half adjustment to see similar production next week against the raiders. The second half adjustment next week needs to be us putting it well out of reach and having the game iced early.

And today we saw why we brought in Lamont Jordan. He's a solid veteran pounder. As soon as we had the game put away Moreno and Buckhalter could both take the rest of the day off. Thats a lot of saved hits they don't need to heal from for next week.

don't mean to rain on your parade but Orton had ALL DAY on more than one ocassion and couldn't hit the broadside of the barn...............not bitchin just sayin

Rohirrim
09-20-2009, 06:22 PM
Well, at least we're not 0 and 2. I feel good, but let's not let the "irrational exuberance" run away with us. We won against Cincy through a miracle play. Today's win was against one of the worst teams in the NFL. I don't want to get too high or too low. Today feels good, but I know November is coming.

Garcia Bronco
09-20-2009, 06:23 PM
I know damn it sucks to be 2 and 0 with a three phases improving week to week. Really sucks...

Return game hasn't been great yet

snowspot66
09-20-2009, 06:23 PM
I don't recall many sides of barns being open on those plays either.

I was pleased to see in the second half that he hit his check downs more. I think they emphasized that at the half. Hopefully as he gets in more game time it will become more second nature.

Atwater His Ass
09-20-2009, 06:25 PM
I'm excited that our defense has started out so well. Definately a pleasant surprise. However I remember the 2006 defense that had the hottest start ever in the NFL, and then completely fell apart. Let's see if they can keep it up, or at least not crash and burn.

Some of the throws Orton makes just leave you scratching your head. The best thing you can say about him is that although is certaintly doesn't do much to wint he game, he at least isn't losing us the game. His throws all just look like lame ducks. I'm sure part of it is that glove, but man, he just has trouble getting any zip on the ball at all.

Glad to be 2-0, and we should be 3-0 after next week. Then this team better be ready to go.

Garcia Bronco
09-20-2009, 06:25 PM
If a team starts out 3-0 it's unlikely they only win 6 games. 8 games is more realistic.

Garcia Bronco
09-20-2009, 06:33 PM
I'm excited that our defense has started out so well. Definately a pleasant surprise. However I remember the 2006 defense that had the hottest start ever in the NFL, and then completely fell apart. Let's see if they can keep it up, or at least not crash and burn.

We switched to a rookie QB and Al wilson would never play again. that's a huge reason.

OrangeCrush2724
09-20-2009, 06:41 PM
Forget everything else...I'm just stoked we can make open field tackles and can stop the run.

McMastermind
09-20-2009, 06:44 PM

I expect 10 wins......Haha. ****.

Atwater His Ass
09-20-2009, 06:47 PM
We switched to a rookie QB and Al wilson would never play again. that's a huge reason.

Actually, Cutler didn't play until week 13 against Seattle, also the same game in which Wilson got hurt.

The defense starting having problems after being exposed by once again, Peyton Manning in week 8 at home.

Anyway, the point isn't to rehash the details of 2006. It's to point out that the Broncos almost always start the season hot out of the gate. The issue has always been 2nd half (of games and seasons) let downs. I wouldn't crown this defense with anything yet. Let's just be satisfied that it's showing improvement and see where they are at the end of the year.

Obvioulsy it was nice to see us come out in the 2nd of half of this game and put it away. A nice small step to correcting the issue.

Garcia Bronco
09-20-2009, 06:47 PM
don't mean to rain on your parade but Orton had ALL DAY on more than one ocassion and couldn't hit the broadside of the barn...............not b****in just sayin

He threw those away on purpose. Might have been because he was getting no time from that right side.

misturanderson
09-20-2009, 07:09 PM
He threw those away on purpose. Might have been because he was getting no time from that right side.

It was actually because more often than not we were in max protect and the 2 downfield receivers were well-covered.

He should have hit the checkdowns in those siutations though and he seemed to do that more in the second half. I specifically remember a checkdown to Graham for a few yards in one of those situations.

outdoor_miner
09-20-2009, 07:16 PM
Well, at least we're not 0 and 2. I feel good, but let's not let the "irrational exuberance" run away with us. We won against Cincy through a miracle play. Today's win was against one of the worst teams in the NFL. I don't want to get too high or too low. Today feels good, but I know November is coming.

Yeah - except a lot of people on here claimed that WE were one of the worst teams in the league. It's become clear that that is not the case. :egbgb:

ElwayMD
09-20-2009, 07:22 PM
Ya'll know if Prater made his FG's we would have dropped 33 on the Browns w/ the Kyle Orton Express. If we keep improving every week there's no reason we can't be 8-8 or 9-7. At the moment we lead the division and have brought the D back to Denver. If this keeps up we have no reason to not be optimistic.

broncofan7
09-20-2009, 07:25 PM
Guys--we BEAT CLE at home--simmer down.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-20-2009, 07:28 PM

And the title is making fun of people who say we "suck so bad." If we sucked so bad, we wouldn't be beating anyone.

Also: We didn't just BEAT Cleveland. We dominated them in that second half, and our defense kept getting after them. Over and over and over again.

If you really believe that this team hasn't improved, BF, you're even less knowledgeable than I thought.

DarkHorse30
09-20-2009, 07:28 PM
Yeah we won, but we also just beat a team that hasn't scored an offense TD since the last time we played them last season. It was good win, defense tighten the zone coverage from last week and applied pressure, but the offense still wasn't pretty and Orton is work in progress at best.

Hold the presses! Denver beat a team it should have beaten? I seem to have forgotten that they could do this...........

Props to McDaniels, and the steady/boring offense that hasn't messed us up yet....and Nolan's completely underrated defense.

Good start, and it's great to see the offense mature slowly.... but surely.

lex
09-20-2009, 07:32 PM
I expect 10 wins......Haha. ****.

Funny. So do I.

rastaman
09-20-2009, 07:34 PM
Forget everything else...I'm just stoked we can make open field tackles and can stop the run.

Here-Here!LOL

TonyR
09-20-2009, 07:36 PM

Last season we lost to Jacksonville, Miami, Oakland, and Buffalo at home. This is the NFL. I'll take the win, thanks.

broncofan7
09-20-2009, 07:39 PM
And the title is making fun of people who say we "suck so bad." If we sucked so bad, we wouldn't be beating anyone.

Also: We didn't just BEAT Cleveland. We dominated them in that second half, and our defense kept getting after them. Over and over and over again.

If you really believe that this team hasn't improved, BF, you're even less knowledgeable than I thought.

Our D is AMAZING--our ST are much improved--our running game was impressive--albeit against a team that got shredded by MIN's running game last week-I have not seen 1 poster cliam that we'd lose to CLE--not one--I figured we'd be 1-1 and barring a miracle--we would be--I just hope that the switch comes on for orton as it did for cassel--but I SINCERELY DOUBT IT EVER WILL--he is s former starting QB with previous game experience--and he has been the LEAST impressive of the three QB's on our roster--his play will cost us eventually--probably in OAKLAND.......hopefully McD is as itchy to change QB's now as he was in ARIL.......

Rock Chalk
09-20-2009, 07:39 PM
don't mean to rain on your parade but Orton had ALL DAY on more than one ocassion and couldn't hit the broadside of the barn...............not b****in just sayin

Yeah, he missed a couple of guys sure. But then credit Cleveland's secondary. Not many of our guys were getting open and even Sharpe commented on that in the Booth.

The routes are new or something but Marshall was blanketed most of the game, Royal only had a few times he got separation. About the only one consistently to get open was Stokely and he made the most of it save one drop where it was on third down (again).

Orton had all day to throw, looked around and couldn't find anyone open on a good deal of those passes. What does that tell you? Receivers WERENT GETTING OPEN.

broncofan7
09-20-2009, 07:42 PM
Last season we lost to Jacksonville, Miami, Oakland, and Buffalo at home. This is the NFL. I'll take the win, thanks.

We had a 28pt/game defense last year.....put Cutler on THIS year's Broncos and we win today 42-6--and we sure don't need a miracle in Cincy either--Ayers, Quinn, Orton did not equal a top 10 QB in April and they sure don't now either.........Pit BEATS chi-town if they started orton today.......

Irish Stout
09-20-2009, 07:50 PM
We had a 28pt/game defense last year.....put Cutler on THIS year's Broncos and we win today 42-6--and we sure don't need a miracle in Cincy either--Ayers, Quinn, Orton did not equal a top 10 QB in April and they sure don't now either.........Pit BEATS chi-town if they started orton today.......

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts then we'd all have a very merry Christmas.

I wouldn't trade the miracle in Cinci for anything, even to have Cutler back. We are where we are and we'll go where we'll go. I love this team!

By the way, I honestly predicted a 16-0 regular season and I see no need to change that prediction, but I understand most don't see it as realistic. Ok, fine, I am a goofball and an optimist. But, I see this team winning next week and I see them winning one (and more likely both) of the two games after the Raiders. Dallas in our house? I just don't see them being that much better than us if we can cover their receivers. NE is not the team they have been and their are holes on that team. We get through those games I think we'll have a much better understanding of who this team is and what they are capable of.

Meck77
09-20-2009, 07:55 PM
Bronco0608 let me answer your question.

It's fairly simple.

Taco spent years telling us that Griese was the man.
He spent years telling us Jake Plummer would do nothing with this team.
He told us how Jay Cutler will lead us.
He told us that McD and Orton.........well you get it.

It's a fairly simple system but true and anyone that's been a member here long enough won't dispute it.

Garcia Bronco
09-20-2009, 07:56 PM
Seriously...enjoy the win.

DeusExManning
09-20-2009, 07:59 PM
Until Orton throws an interception leave the guy alone.

oubronco
09-20-2009, 07:59 PM
Yeah, he missed a couple of guys sure. But then credit Cleveland's secondary. Not many of our guys were getting open and even Sharpe commented on that in the Booth.

The routes are new or something but Marshall was blanketed most of the game, Royal only had a few times he got separation. About the only one consistently to get open was Stokely and he made the most of it save one drop where it was on third down (again).

Orton had all day to throw, looked around and couldn't find anyone open on a good deal of those passes. What does that tell you? Receivers WERENT GETTING OPEN.

One thing I've noticed is the wr's are dropping alot of balls vs. last year they were catching almost everything what gives?

colonelbeef
09-20-2009, 08:15 PM

Beat New England, Dallas, San Diego, Indy, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Philly, and New York before pumpin those chests out.

Now dont get me wrong I have loved watching this defense, and love what Mike Nolan has done, and even the fact that McDaniels hired him. Even am encouraged seeing what Cincy did to what looked like a damn good Green Bay defense. But come on, man. Kyle Orton is not a starting quarterback in this league. And Ryan Harris was getting an ass pounding on the line, which makes me worry. Anyway, lets get about halfway through the season, and see what this team looks like before crowning em AFC West Champs.

Love being 2-0, but beat a real NFL team before beating your chests guys.

And remember, we were 2-0 last year and 2-0 in 2007 as well.

QFT.

Thank you for saving me the time.

Drek
09-20-2009, 08:43 PM

On some plays he did, typically when they kept extra backs and at least one TE in to block. He should then but someone needs to get open.

I commented in the game thread that he needed to start looking for his check downs and hitting his HBs and TEs for short yardage, but he kept trying to force some deep throws, and Orton's way of forcing a deep throw is putting it where only his WR has a play on it, even if that means an almost impossible play.

Cleveland was playing to this, bringing the house when we didn't leave in extra blockers and playing back when we sent in multiple TEs and extra backs. This is why Harris got his ass beat on a few plays late in the 2nd quarter, he didn't have Graham on his side to help him control the heavy pressure.

When they came out and hit a few slants and screens to start the second half Cleveland had to back off the pressure across the board to watch for those kinds of plays, and as a result Orton could have time to find guys even when we didn't have a 6th or 7th blocker in for him.

MplsBronco
09-20-2009, 08:49 PM
I hope you're including yourself in with those "football experts". You didn't know **** before today just like everybody else.

Our offense sucks but we have a DEFENSE!

~450 yards of offense today. Idiot. And two missed FGs that should not be missed.

crawdad
09-20-2009, 09:27 PM

**** off!

crawdad
09-20-2009, 09:30 PM
we had a 28pt/game defense last year.....put cutler on this year's broncos and we win today 42-6--and we sure don't need a miracle in cincy either--ayers, quinn, orton did not equal a top 10 qb in april and they sure don't now either.........pit beats chi-town if they started orton today.......

qft

GoBroncos DownUnder
09-20-2009, 10:05 PM
How do we keep winning when we suck so bad?
Reminds me of this one time, when all these super-models kept THROWING themselves at me ... I did all of them (twice) but I felt SO dirty, and the GUILT was almost unbearable!! ROFL!

http://www.zihuatanejo-rentals.com/supermodel.jpgX2! :wiggle:

snowspot66
09-20-2009, 11:32 PM
~450 yards of offense today. Idiot. And two missed FGs that should not be missed.

450 Yards and what should of been 33 points just isn't good enough!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-21-2009, 07:56 AM

You know what you should do? Cry about it. Seriously. Keep bitching and moaning about how your favorite cock to suck left town, and now you don't have any pubes tickling your throat.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! CUTLER'S NOT HERE ANYMORE! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH HOW WILL I EVER SURVIVE! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Jesus, it's so ****ing old. CUTLER IS GONE. Do you not understand that? He's not coming back. You're a SIX to him on a scale of ten. He did YOU dirty. He took you home, ****ed you in the ass, took a dump in your toilet and didn't flush, then kicked your dog as he was stealing $20 out of your purse. And yet you STILL pine for him.

Unreal.

Beantown Bronco
09-21-2009, 08:08 AM

Guys miss field goals. It happens. Especially in the windy conditions faced yesterday.

Everyone pining for the days of Jason Elam forget that he wasn't "all that" his first few years. He was a 77% kicker and had missed 16 field goals after his first two seasons with Denver.

baja
09-21-2009, 08:19 AM
Guys miss field goals. It happens. Especially in the windy conditions faced yesterday.

Everyone pining for the days of Jason Elam forget that he wasn't "all that" his first few years. He was a 77% kicker and had missed 16 field goals after his first two seasons with Denver.

Dude you are amazing where do you find these stats?

Cito Pelon
09-21-2009, 08:41 AM
Still got the tough stretch of the season to go for sure, but all those John Clatyon type 3-13, expansion team predictions look pretty much disproved. The team I saw out there is more than capable of going over .500, no matter the schedule.

Yup.

I don't know what happened at halftime, but they came out like gangbusters to open the 3rd Q. They were ok in the first half, not horrible by any means, had some problems certainly, but weren't horrible at all. Hell, Royal was gassed and slow getting back to the huddle after every play which I think kind of screwed up their rhythm. Marshall missed the hot read on one play, fell down on another.

Overall, it was heartening to see a pretty dominant performance in all three phases. Four phases if you count coaching. To fumble the opening KO, miss two FG's, get booed, and still keep plugging away and put up 449 yds of O vs. 200, 25 first downs vs. 11, 74 O plays vs. 56, saw the rookies Phonz and McBath make some plays, pretty nice victory.

Beantown Bronco
09-21-2009, 08:47 AM
Dude you are amazing where do you find these stats?

http://www.nfl.com/players/jasonelam/profile?id=ELA548409

Cito Pelon
09-21-2009, 09:52 AM
Orton played well in the second half. Spread the field and got just vertical enough (hit two nice long passes down the sideline to both Gaffney and Marshall). The game wouldn't have been close as it was coming into the 4th quarter if Stokely doesn't drop a nice pass on 3rd down.

Lots and lots of nice progress this week.

Certainly. 449 yds total O, zero turnovers, 25 first downs, 27 pts, 74 O plays, that's an O clinic. And that was in a stiff crosswind all day, fumbling the opening KO, 2 missed FG's, getting booed in the first quarter.

Broncos4tw
09-21-2009, 09:52 AM
We are getting better on D and special teams. Our offense is worse than it was last year. Pretty much as predicted. Most figured we'd win these first 3 games. I'm more worried about the 9 games following.

There is no doubt our D is better, but how could it not. Slowik was such a passive wussy that teams had their way with us every week. One thing I don't get though from yesterday, when it's third and long, why in the hell did we rush only 3? He had all day and burned us. Look, we are more aggressive now.. live it and run with it, good or bad. Sometimes we'll get burned, but we'll always get burned if we give a QB 10 seconds to throw the ball.

Special teams aside from the missed FGs (which didn't look like wind as much as him shanking them), is improved.

Offense is worse, but we seem to be improving. But until we play teams with top offenses and defenses, I'm not going to be spouting off how great the Broncos are. Pounding your chest after the Browns and Bengals shows how bad it is now. Holy crap... we'd be pissed off any previous year if we lost to them. This year, we are acting as if we won the SB.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-21-2009, 10:01 AM
Do you know what a shanked kick looks like? I'll give you a hint: it looks NOTHING like those kicks he missed yesterday. They were both kicked really well, but you could see the wind come up and take them.

55CrushEm
09-21-2009, 10:02 AM
Yeah, I'm not sold on Orton ... but as long as he doesn't throw picks, we can win.

That's a fact, Jack. Our offense has not turned the ball over yet this season. The only turnover was Hillis's on ST yesterday.

No offensive turnovers + solid defense will win any team a lot of games.....at least keep us in most.

I don't think Orton will ever put up flashy numbers, but if he plays INT-free ball....that will pay huge dividends....

55CrushEm
09-21-2009, 10:13 AM

It never would have happened, b/c Shanny WASN'T GOING TO FIRE SLOWIK, remember?

Rigs11
09-21-2009, 10:35 AM

cleveland hung 20 on minnesota and cincy hung 31 on the packers.

Ironlung
09-21-2009, 11:29 AM
You know what you should do? Cry about it. Seriously. Keep b****ing and moaning about how your favorite cock to suck left town, and now you don't have any pubes tickling your throat.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! CUTLER'S NOT HERE ANYMORE! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH HOW WILL I EVER SURVIVE! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Jesus, it's so ****ing old. CUTLER IS GONE. Do you not understand that? He's not coming back. You're a SIX to him on a scale of ten. He did YOU dirty. He took you home, ****ed you in the ass, took a dump in your toilet and didn't flush, then kicked your dog as he was stealing $20 out of your purse. And yet you STILL pine for him.

Unreal.

:rofl: