PDA

View Full Version : 2-0 baby!!! (YOUR FIRST PLACE DENVER BRONCOS)

Popps
09-20-2009, 04:01 PM
What a way to start, after the off-season we've had. Props to Coach McDaniels, the defense, Doom, Moreno, and yes... even Orton deserves a little credit for taking care of the ball and making some great throws today.

We looked a bit better in all phases. Lots of work to go, but another encouraging week!

:thumbs: !Booya! :thumbs: !Booya!

:thanku::thanku::thanku:

Killericon
09-20-2009, 04:03 PM
This is amazing.

God I love the Broncos.

Bronx33
09-20-2009, 04:05 PM
go broncos..

broncoblue
09-20-2009, 04:06 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeet

The Joker
09-20-2009, 04:14 PM
But but but...

Cutler beat the Steelers!!

He's the most amazingest thing ever and I love him.

Damn you McBeavis!!

Broncomutt
Only posting in this thread because I am happy the Broncos won.

Not because I think Popps acutally has a clue.:sunshine:

tsiguy96
dont tell punisher:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2536418&postcount=37

hell root for us to lose the next 14 games so hes right.

Punisher
09-20-2009, 04:15 PM
2-0 baby One game at a time and man i love are D :)

Dagmar
09-20-2009, 04:16 PM
http://r.xtarsia.net/roph/img/random/dance_ace_venturaMO.gif

Dagmar
09-20-2009, 04:17 PM
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc126/iShmeker/ace_ventura.gif

Popps
09-20-2009, 04:17 PM
Only posting in this thread because I am happy the Broncos won.

Not because I think Popps acutally has a clue.:sunshine:

:wiggle:

I'll take it.

BlaK-Argentina
09-20-2009, 04:18 PM
Getting better each week and LOVING IT!!! Great TEAM WIN and yes, Orton played a good game and a GREAT game on 3rd down!

EAT IT HATERS!

AbileneBroncoFan
We can actually run the ball, rush the passer, and generate turnovers. It's been far too long.

Dagmar
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/tracik7/Random%20Stuff/Calvin_And_Hobbes_Dance1.gif

cabronco
09-20-2009, 04:21 PM
A sweet victory indeed. Defense had a heck of a game, doomerville was on fire. Orton looked better than last week, made some good throws, no turnovers. Got to see Moreno & Buckhalter have a good day. WTG Broncos !!

Baba Booey
09-20-2009, 04:23 PM
Suck it, John Clayton.

Br0nc0Buster
09-20-2009, 04:24 PM
We started off a bit slow, but man turned it on and ended up kicking their @ss

It was an awesome game

Dumervil was an absolute beast, and Moreno and Buck did some damage in the second half

Orange4Life
09-20-2009, 04:24 PM
Hell Yes!!! Don't look now but its fade week!

scorpio
09-20-2009, 04:25 PM
http://imgur.com/jNWPn.gif

Popps
09-20-2009, 04:25 PM
OK... so our FG kicking didn't look better, but overall... still better in all phases. :)

Punisher
09-20-2009, 04:26 PM
dont tell punisher:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2536418&postcount=37

Booooooooo I said theres a high chance AND I WAS WRONG

THANK GOD I WAS WRONG :clown:

broncobum6162
09-20-2009, 04:26 PM
We need to be 3-0 next week to salvage anything this season. The real tough part starts in 2 weeks. But I love what I'm seeing. Especially on defense. Its great to actually have one for a change!

Bronx33
09-20-2009, 04:27 PM
Suck it, John Clayton.

Ha ha no doubt..

R8R H8R
09-20-2009, 04:28 PM
We can actually run the ball, rush the passer, and generate turnovers. It's been far too long.

Wow team football, what a concept. This is going to take a while to get used to. ;D

GreatBronco16
09-20-2009, 04:29 PM
Bah, I'd still rather have Shanny and Cutler and probably be 1-1 so far with a chance to be blown out in Oakland next week. / end sarcasm

Dagmar
09-20-2009, 04:31 PM
top of the west!

R8R H8R
Ravens just stopped SD on 4th down. 30 sec.'s left. The Broncos will be all alone in 1st in the AFC West. Wow.

80smith
And in 1st

Bigdawg26
09-20-2009, 04:33 PM
AAAWWW MAN THIS CROW TASTES PRETTY GOOD!!!! So far so good for the old mcdummy!!!

tsiguy96
09-20-2009, 04:33 PM

dont make unfounded hater predictions and you wont put yourself in that situation!

Greatspirits
09-20-2009, 04:35 PM
Not to bad for what 99% of the so called "experts" said to be one of the worst teams in the league this year!! "F" Them! Go Bronx!!

Punisher
09-20-2009, 04:40 PM
dont make unfounded hater predictions and you wont put yourself in that situation!

I never said my team will lose i said there's a high chance but i admit i was wrong so i accept the heat your giving me, you have the right to give me ****.

But that's not going to stop me for drinking a cold Budweiser and celebrating this win and the many to come :approve:

And by the way i love our D :wiggle:

BroncoInSkinland
09-20-2009, 04:41 PM
Awesome win, complete football, I am loving it. Only a small bit of crow so far, the rest of the schedule gets rougher, but I like what I see so far.

misturanderson
09-20-2009, 04:44 PM
Well the chargers games look a hell of a lot more winnable now, especially if we can turn it on in the fourth again since the chargers can't start fast to save their lives.

KevinJames
09-20-2009, 04:47 PM
Man I am feeling real good about our D against the Raiders O

I think we have a great shot at being 3-0 going into the Dallas game.

I still can't believe our D is awesome

Gcver2ver3
09-20-2009, 04:48 PM
it's so nice to see things come together like i envisioned it...

all phases continues to improve...dare i say we're a...wait for it...A WELL COACHED FOOTBALL TEAM?...

Popps
09-20-2009, 04:57 PM
it's so nice to see things come together like i envisioned it...

all phases continues to improve...dare i say we're a...wait for it...A WELL COACHED FOOTBALL TEAM?...

We're going to have our problems this year. I wouldn't get used to first place.... BUT, you have to relish in times like this when you're rebuilding.

Hell, no team in our division looks unbeatable. Could be a fun season.

The important thing is, it seems we're improving in key areas.

gunns
09-20-2009, 05:07 PM
dont tell punisher:

http://www.orangemane.com/bb/showpost.php?p=2536418&postcount=37

l e t i t * * * * i n g go!

Punisher
09-20-2009, 05:13 PM
l e t i t * * * * i n g go!

i never said we was gonna lose anyways...

thanks for the back up gunns ^5

Hulamau
09-20-2009, 05:13 PM
Well, I'm Happy!!!! Booya!

lazarus4444
09-20-2009, 05:20 PM
Yes, this season won't all be rainbows and puppy dogs but i like what i see so far. Our damn place kicker still sucks ass and i hope we cut him and sign somebody who can make field goals between 20-49 yards. I don't give a **** if we have a guy that can kick 60 yarders if he's missing 38 yarders.

watermock
09-20-2009, 05:21 PM
Good effort especially on D.

Cleveland isn't very good, but all phases improved.

I expect Oakland to put up a tougher fight ibn the Black Hole, but they seem like they almost play better on the road, but we could win.

Imagine the line will be close to a tossup, maybe Devnver by 2?

loborugger
09-20-2009, 05:23 PM
Still not expecting a ton outta the team this year, but its great that the team is 2 and 0. They really dominated a bad Browns team.

watermock
09-20-2009, 05:25 PM
Alot of teams looked vulnerable today.

Popps
09-20-2009, 05:25 PM
Yay McDooDooPants!!!!

zdoor
09-20-2009, 05:29 PM
Encouraging day. Orton looked decent and the D is far improved. Gotta love Dooms performance...

Rohirrim
09-20-2009, 05:29 PM
Good win, but Mock is right. Oakland will be fired up next week after taking down the Cheffies in their house. And, they're playing in that toilet they call home. It will be a tough game. If we can pull that one off, I'm going to be highly pumped.

Clockwork Orange
09-20-2009, 05:34 PM
**** and yes. I love the attacking defense. Love it love it love it love it. The Chinese water torture of Bob Slowick's passive defense is over and we have a group that's getting after people and hitting them in the mouth.

Orton looked like he got a good chewing from McDaniels at halftime because he played a lot smarter in the second half. The running game was solid and the dropped passes were far fewer this week. Good progress, boys. Keep it up.

Nice to see them doing what they need to now before the schedule gets nasty starting roughly in week 4.

Steve Sewell
09-20-2009, 05:42 PM
http://imgur.com/jnwpn.gif

where did you get this? Epic!!!

Popps
09-20-2009, 05:52 PM
**** and yes. I love the attacking defense. Love it love it love it love it. .

Yep, and we seem to be able to take some chances and still be able to firm-up when teams get near our redzone.

I agree with Ro, though. Oakland will be our toughest game yet, as odd as that sounds. They're very stout, defensively. Our offense will need to continue to make strides next week. It'll be a different ball-game.

But, a winnable ball-game!

boppool
09-20-2009, 05:57 PM
Man, only if there were any more NFL teams in Ohio...

NYBronco
09-20-2009, 06:00 PM
Each win is a confidence builder for this team and it may even help us win a few during the fast approaching toughest part of our schedule.

Meck77
09-20-2009, 06:19 PM
There was no need to call out bowlen in the offseason for making the changes he did. On the flip side there is no need to get too excited just yet. These wins are going to get more and more painful for the doubters. I was disappointed when we started blowing out the Browns. I prefer those ugly wins. ;D

Dagmar
09-20-2009, 06:30 PM
http://www.lisamcpherson.org/images/so_much_win_graphic.png

Hulamau
09-20-2009, 06:52 PM
Yep, and we seem to be able to take some chances and still be able to firm-up when teams get near our redzone.

I agree with Ro, though. Oakland will be our toughest game yet, as odd as that sounds. They're very stout, defensively. Our offense will need to continue to make strides next week. It'll be a different ball-game.

But, a winnable ball-game!

What I loved was that once we got a decent lead we didn't revert to the same routine the last few Shanny years and immediately call off the dogs and give back most if not all of the lead making it a nail bitter at the end. We brought the hammer down and finished.

BTW Orton wasn't sacked once with Kuper back and once again threw Zero picks. :-) We should have won 40 to 3 ( but for the gift 3 points on the Hillis kick off fumble) But this was a solid win and a another big step forward. I expect the offense to start clicking earlier next week.

Knowshon got some breathing room too and that will fire him up.

McDaniels and Bowlen are sure looking like moron idiots these days :-) :sunshine:

Popps
09-20-2009, 06:58 PM
What I loved was that once we got a decent lead we didn't revert to the same routine the last few Shanny years and immediately call off the dogs:

Yep... quite the opposite. The D did most of its damage once we had a bit of a lead, and particularly late in the game.

Again, it's just Cleveland... so tempering expectations is reasonable. But, it's still a nice start for this team.

wolverine
09-20-2009, 07:02 PM
The thing I like most about this year's offense in both games is how they've made adjustments and played better in the second half. How long is it since we saw that in Denver?

Gort
09-20-2009, 07:38 PM
What a way to start, after the off-season we've had. Props to Coach McDaniels, the defense, Doom, Moreno, and yes... even Orton deserves a little credit for taking care of the ball and making some great throws today.

We looked a bit better in all phases. Lots of work to go, but another encouraging week!

my post-game impression was that the game "seemed" sloppy. but if you look back on it, this could have easily been a 33-3 victory. it probably should have been. McD's team plays sloppy but is good enough to win 33-3? i'll take that over Shanny's recent results any day. can't wait to see one of these games where everybody is on their A game... they are going to annihilate somebody 56-14. i hope it's somebody deserving like Marmalard! it might not happen this year, but eventually the whole offense is going to be in sync together for a whole game and then... look out!

tsiguy96
09-20-2009, 07:43 PM
I never said my team will lose i said there's a high chance but i admit i was wrong so i accept the heat your giving me, you have the right to give me ****.

But that's not going to stop me for drinking a cold Budweiser and celebrating this win and the many to come :approve:

And by the way i love our D :wiggle:

cheers to that :pimp:

Punisher
09-20-2009, 07:48 PM
cheers to that :pimp:

:alky:

Popps
09-20-2009, 10:30 PM
but eventually the whole offense is going to be in sync together for a whole game and then... look out!

Yep.

We saw a bit more of the ball-control thing today, which was great... but we still put up decent passing yards. Quite a few attempts, but mostly just moving the chains and letting our RBs get their work.

I liked the game plan today. We had a few big plays, but mostly just consistent, effective football that's tough to defend... because we're coming at things from several angles.

Next week will be our toughest game thus far, obviously. The ****ers will be jacked up, and they've got a defense that can give us problems.

Conversely, I don't think their offense is any better than the last two we've faced, so next week would be a prime week to further work out the kinks in our offense.

Bronco Yoda
09-20-2009, 10:38 PM
I'm loving Ohio in September

Spider
09-21-2009, 12:05 AM
Again, it's just Cleveland... so tempering expectations is reasonable. But, it's still a nice start for this team.

If you remember right we are a 4-12 team , supposed to be on the same level as the browns ;D
got rid of our franchise qb .........

Dr. Broncenstein
09-21-2009, 01:49 AM
Orton looked like an entirely different quarterback today. He threw with some decent velocity. It looked like he was glove only today... minus the splint he had last week. Did they mention anything about that on KOA?

I was probably most impressed with Orton's play at the end of the first half... where he was booed by morons who failed to recognize smart plays to avoid sacks and turnovers. Those were heady decisions, and kept alive a chance to put up points before halftime. Too bad Prater couldn't convert.

cutthemdown
09-21-2009, 02:14 AM
We need to be 3-0 next week to salvage anything this season. The real tough part starts in 2 weeks. But I love what I'm seeing. Especially on defense. Its great to actually have one for a change!

Raiders will play really hard and they have some things on the dline that will give Broncos a real problem.

The good news is Russel not playing well. That gives us the edge.

Raider d will be a big test for us as we get ready for the NFL big boys.

The Raiders dline is big again people, they aren't to be overlooked or laughed at. They are big and athletic, and can hurt us.

cutthemdown
09-21-2009, 02:20 AM
Orton looked like an entirely different quarterback today. He threw with some decent velocity. It looked like he was glove only today... minus the splint he had last week. Did they mention anything about that on KOA?

I was probably most impressed with Orton's play at the end of the first half... where he was booed by morons who failed to recognize smart plays to avoid sacks and turnovers. Those were heady decisions, and kept alive a chance to put up points before halftime. Too bad Prater couldn't convert.

let's face it the dude bone popped out his finger. He's been in a lot of pain to play these 2 games no doubt in my mind about that.

The thing probably throbbing after last week, this week probably a little less.

Orton doesn't deserved to be booed yet. He's a tough SOB that has obviously worked his ass off to get up to speed this quick.

Wait until they all get used to playing together. They will have an offense that you won't see getting booed very often.

He protects the ball really well and thats a great thing also. Hopefully eventually people start to cheer for him instead of waiting to boo.

cutthemdown
09-21-2009, 02:21 AM
still we shouldn't get too excited. Lost to the Fade next week and the start is a lot less appealing.

Hopefully Kuper back by then.

Punisher
09-21-2009, 05:16 AM

Yea it's a shame, Orton did some smart plays there he didn't had anything so he threw it away.

Gort
09-21-2009, 05:19 AM

they took the stitches out after last week's game, so that was the difference. and 1 more week of healing.

errand
09-21-2009, 05:31 AM

...another week of making the widows cry...gotta love it.

errand
09-21-2009, 05:36 AM

...when have you ever been right?:giggle:

errand
09-21-2009, 05:41 AM
We're going to have our problems this year. I wouldn't get used to first place.... BUT, you have to relish in times like this when you're rebuilding.

Hell, no team in our division looks unbeatable. Could be a fun season.

The important thing is, it seems we're improving in key areas.

Exactly, and that's all any of us that supported Orton and McDaniels have said....let's see how things turn out before you start the bitching and moaning.

It seems the players are buying into McDaniels "team" concept....and yeah the rough part of our schedule is still to come (a grueling 8 weeks of playoff teams and an 11-5 Pats team that has Uber QB back) but if we play good defense, are able to run the ball and our QB protets the ball, we could win a few of those as well imo.

TheReverend
09-21-2009, 06:02 AM
where did you get this? Epic!!!

the misc

Hercules Rockefeller
09-21-2009, 06:09 AM

That was so annoying listening to that in the stadium. But hey, I sit in the nosebleeds where the "real" fans sit, so they must know something that I don't about why Orton needed to be booed.

cmhargrove
09-21-2009, 06:38 AM
let's face it the dude bone popped out his finger. He's been in a lot of pain to play these 2 games no doubt in my mind about that.

The thing probably throbbing after last week, this week probably a little less.

Orton doesn't deserved to be booed yet. He's a tough SOB that has obviously worked his ass off to get up to speed this quick.

Wait until they all get used to playing together. They will have an offense that you won't see getting booed very often.

He protects the ball really well and thats a great thing also. Hopefully eventually people start to cheer for him instead of waiting to boo.

Did anyone else cringe a little when he got his throwing hand hit again?

barryr
09-21-2009, 06:48 AM
It is great seeing this defense actually make stops for a change. What a difference a good DC can make. Also, the special teams in 2 games hasn't allowed any huge returns either, something that hasn't happened in a long time either.

Orton is managing the game and not turning the ball over. There have been some missed catches, like Stokley's on that 3rd down, but overall, the passing game has been alright. If Marshall ever gets his head on straight, the passing game, especially with Orton's glove coming off, should get better.

The running game was very good yesterday. Started off slowly, but the Browns got worn down as the game went on.

Not many penalties on the o-line in this one, that always helps too.

From what it looks, this is a true team. All 3 units are doing well to help the team have a chance in the 4th quarter and that's what you want.

Popps
09-21-2009, 09:44 AM
That was so annoying listening to that in the stadium. But hey, I sit in the nosebleeds where the "real" fans sit, so they must know something that I don't about why Orton needed to be booed.

It was tough to tell if the booing was (incorrectly) aimed at Orton, or if it was just frustration. It was a little petty, either way. But, I can understand fans being a little frustrated with regards to how we moved the ball in the first half.

People need to understand that this thing is going to take time, though. It's not an overnight fix when you're overhauling an entire offense AND defense.

2KBack
09-21-2009, 09:47 AM
It was tough to tell if the booing was (incorrectly) aimed at Orton, or if it was just frustration. It was a little petty, either way. But, I can understand fans being a little frustrated with regards to how we moved the ball in the first half.

People need to understand that this thing is going to take time, though. It's not an overnight fix when you're overhauling an entire offense AND defense.

Still to Boo your team when it is winning, only halfway through the game, seems a little premature and unnecessary to me.

Los Broncos
09-21-2009, 10:41 AM
Feels good to be a Broncos fan, now let's go out and crush Oakland.

AbileneBroncoFan
09-21-2009, 10:50 AM
Wow team football, what a concept. This is going to take a while to get used to. ;D

Yeah. Denver Broncos>Denver Cutlers

tsiguy96
09-21-2009, 11:05 AM
Exactly, and that's all any of us that supported Orton and McDaniels have said....let's see how things turn out before you start the b****ing and moaning.

It seems the players are buying into McDaniels "team" concept....and yeah the rough part of our schedule is still to come (a grueling 8 weeks of playoff teams and an 11-5 Pats team that has Uber QB back) but if we play good defense, are able to run the ball and our QB protets the ball, we could win a few of those as well imo.

champ bailey:

On playing with the defense

"I wouldn't trade paying with these guys for anything. If I had to choose a group of guys, I couldn't have picked a better group. I am really proud of these guys."

mcdaniels is awesome.

Crushaholic
09-21-2009, 12:20 PM
Theoretically, we can still finish the season unbeaten. I'm going to enjoy first place for as long as it's reality. Now, beat the stinkin' Raiduhs...:raidersux

55CrushEm
09-21-2009, 12:46 PM
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc126/iShmeker/ace_ventura.gif

Bwahahaha!!! Good ol' Rusty.....King of the .gif files.

Hey, how do you make a gif file, anyway ??

Popps
09-21-2009, 12:57 PM
Still to Boo your team when it is winning, only halfway through the game, seems a little premature and unnecessary to me.

I agree. You wouldn't have caught me booing. We had a lead at the time, as well.

My point was just that it sounded more like sort of frustrated overall, "get it together" booing than... "we hate you and you suck" booing.

But, hopefully that **** goes away and people realize that sometimes you have to be patient and not just flip balls into the endzone when guys are covered.

Cito Pelon
09-21-2009, 01:06 PM
Champ Bailey:

On playing with the defense

"I wouldn't trade playing with these guys for anything. If I had to choose a group of guys, I couldn't have picked a better group. I am really proud of these guys."

Wow.

cabronco
09-21-2009, 01:28 PM
still we shouldn't get too excited. Lost to the Fade next week and the start is a lot less appealing.

Hopefully Kuper back by then.

Kuper played yesterday.

Popps
09-21-2009, 01:40 PM
champ bailey:

mcdaniels is awesome.

Champ is a smart guy, and says smart things. If he hated the group of guys, I doubt he would say so.

But, you get the idea that this team is really unified. I think adding Dawkins and these young guys has really sparked the D. Nolan has their respect and it's just a whole new attitude.

As DJ Williams put it... the defense felt like "second class citizens" for a long time. Not hard to understand why they'd feel like that, when a lot of the starters were being signed off the street and via the friggin' practice squad.

I loved seeing the guys pretending to fan off Doom on the sidelines and having fun. These guys deserve it, and Denver has deserved a real defense for a long time.

Is this defense "for real?" Too early to tell, but I think it's fair to say we're on the right track.

55CrushEm
09-21-2009, 01:48 PM
Champ is a smart guy, and says smart things. If he hated the group of guys, I doubt he would say so.

But, you get the idea that this team is really unified. I think adding Dawkins and these young guys has really sparked the D. Nolan has their respect and it's just a whole new attitude.

As DJ Williams put it... the defense felt like "second class citizens" for a long time. Not hard to understand why they'd feel like that, when a lot of the starters were being signed off the street and via the friggin' practice squad.

I loved seeing the guys pretending to fan off Doom on the sidelines and having fun. These guys deserve it, and Denver has deserved a real defense for a long time.

Is this defense "for real?" Too early to tell, but I think it's fair to say we're on the right track.

Oh, just stop tempering your enthusiasm already!! This defense is the ****ing juggernaut, bitches !! WOOHOO!!

"Come on ride that ship.....COMRADERYSHIP !!" HAHA.

:strong: :militia: :bronxrox:

BroncoBuff
09-21-2009, 03:31 PM

Agreed... some were booing at the end of the first half when he threw those incompletions to force a FG try. But damn, they started that drive at what, the 5 yard line?! Cut the guy some slack, that was a nice 2-minute drill. Prater blew it, but that's not Orton's fault.

I was VERY comfortable booing Orton when he threw all those Ints in preseason. But now when the games count, at least he's not turning the ball over.

Popps
09-21-2009, 03:35 PM
Orton is managing the game and not turning the ball over. There have been some missed catches, like Stokley's on that 3rd down, but overall, the passing game has been alright. If Marshall ever gets his head on straight, the passing game, especially with Orton's glove coming off, should get better.

The running game was very good yesterday. Started off slowly, but the Browns got worn down as the game went on..

Agree all around. It's going to be tricky if we face a defense with a good pass-rush, though. Orton has had a lot of time to throw. I think he'll have some issues early on against good pass-rushes. But, I also think McDaniels will anticipate and game plan around it. (Screens, dumps, etc.) Plus... Orton IS going to get more comfortable in this system every week.

Cito Pelon
09-21-2009, 03:58 PM
Agreed... some were booing at the end of the first half when he threw those incompletions to force a FG try. But damn, they started that drive at what, the 5 yard line?! Cut the guy some slack, that was a nice 2-minute drill. Prater blew it, but that's not Orton's fault.

I was VERY comfortable booing Orton when he threw all those Ints in preseason. But now when the games count, at least he's not turning the ball over.

That's disgusting. You state you were 'VERY' comfortable booing the starting QB. Piss off, Buff, I'm done reading your tripe. I'm gonna put you on ignore so I don't have to read your tripe anymore. Anybody that crows about booing any Bronco player disgusts me.