PDA

View Full Version : Chargers narrowly avoid blackout

55CrushEm
09-19-2009, 10:33 AM
Didn't see this posted anywhere.....sorry if it was. I find it funny that the many have the Sparklers as favorites in the AFC, yet this team still has trouble selling out.....they needed an EXTENSION from the league to sell the remaining tickets....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4484798

Mr.Meanie
09-19-2009, 10:35 AM
haha

to be fair though, So Cal has been hit pretty hard by the recession

Chris
09-19-2009, 11:04 AM
As a self confessed yuppy new yorker I can say that football on the coasts just isn't what it is in places like Denver or KC.

400HZ
09-19-2009, 11:08 AM
Unfortunately I think most games are going to come down to the wire this year. The Baltimore game itself wasn't really in that much danger of a blackout since it was a short week after the Monday night opener and all the tickets ended up being sold directly to fans without Sycuan or CBS 8 stepping in the guarentee the last 1000 or so like they have in the past. If any games are blacked out, I think it will be next week against Miami.

baja
09-19-2009, 11:22 AM
As a self confessed yuppy new yorker I can say that football on the coasts just isn't what it is in places like Denver or KC.

This is true. I was in SD all summer and when I mentioned football all I got in response was, "I don't know I going to the beach." or "Is the surf up?"

azbroncfan
09-19-2009, 11:37 AM
San Diego has the biggest fairweather fan base in the country. The AZ Cards have more support I'd dare say.

WABronco
09-19-2009, 11:48 AM
They've been avoiding blackouts for years now...

boltaneer
09-19-2009, 12:19 PM
*yawn*

It's always the same 1000 obstructed view seats that are left at the end.

Though, I think 400 is right in that next week's game may be in danger.

boltaneer
09-19-2009, 12:20 PM
San Diego has the biggest fairweather fan base in the country. The AZ Cards have more support I'd dare say.

http://blog.azcardinals.com/2009/09/11/cards-get-sellout-avoid-blackout/

BlaK-Argentina
09-19-2009, 12:26 PM
This may be a dumb question but what is the point of NFL blackouts?

ZONA
09-19-2009, 12:51 PM
This may be a dumb question but what is the point of NFL blackouts?

To get you off the couch and into the stadium so you can buy that $10 cup of beer.

maher_tyler
09-19-2009, 02:22 PM
To get you off the couch and into the stadium so you can buy that $10 cup of beer.

I'll never understand why the prices on stuff like that is jacked way up, you can damn near buy a case for the price of 1 16 oz beer...a hot dog and a large drink is like $9 or so. I guess if people are dumb enough to keep buying the **** then i don't see any change in site!

cutthemdown
09-19-2009, 03:15 PM
*yawn*

My best friend a huge dolphin fan. Maybe I will grab a couple tickets and come down for the game.

cutthemdown
09-19-2009, 03:16 PM
*yawn*

team would be smart to just stick a tarp over those and then sell out more then.

cutthemdown
09-19-2009, 03:20 PM
People have no idea if you haven't been to So Calif or San Diego. SD was built pretty much to be a playground for LA. As it grew though and became its own city of note it maintained that look of a place built to go have fun.

Parks/bike trails/beaches/sea world/animal park/zoo/great sportfishing/surfing/dining/hotels etc etc.

I'm not surprised the people there just not that rabid for football. Many moved there because of the weather and the other things city has to offer.

Fret not my Southern comrades of the western USA. People who haven't been here have no idea how great it is. It's crowded and expensive but I still haven't seen a city in the USA with more great looking tanned young women then San Diego.

cutthemdown
09-19-2009, 03:22 PM
I haven't been to Miami though.

baja
09-19-2009, 04:19 PM
People have no idea if you haven't been to So Calif or San Diego. SD was built pretty much to be a playground for LA. As it grew though and became its own city of note it maintained that look of a place built to go have fun.

Parks/bike trails/beaches/sea world/animal park/zoo/great sportfishing/surfing/dining/hotels etc etc.

I'm not surprised the people there just not that rabid for football. Many moved there because of the weather and the other things city has to offer.

Fret not my Southern comrades of the western USA. People who haven't been here have no idea how great it is. It's crowded and expensive but<b> I still haven't seen a city in the USA with more great looking tanned young women then San Diego.

I can vouch for that. It's a great city to live in. If I were to return to the states I would most likely live in or near San Diego. I just spent 4 months there and I love the place, it has everything I look for in a city. Oh and I did not think it was expensive at all.

cutthemdown
09-19-2009, 04:56 PM
I can vouch for that. It's a great city to live in. If I were to return to the states I would most likely live in or near San Diego. I just spent 4 months there and I love the place, it has everything I look for in a city. Oh and I did not think it was expensive at all.

My plan is to get some property either by Alpine Calif, or maybe further towards La Cresta which is the National forest area right above Murrietta.

Both places have million dollar homes, or within like an hours drive to SD (alpine) or 1 and some change to Lbeach (La Cresta).

Then I will start building small and hopefully someday the home would be big and nice.

cutthemdown
09-19-2009, 04:57 PM
By expensive I mean what most people in smaller cities expect. I wouldn't doubt though that places like Denver catching up.

Obviously there are places much pricier then SD to live. There are some really rich spots down there though.

Carlsbad also a city I would consider making a move to.

baja
09-19-2009, 04:58 PM
My plan is to get some property either by Alpine Calif, or maybe further towards La Cresta which is the National forest area right above Murrietta.

Both places have million dollar homes, or within like an hours drive to SD (alpine) or 1 and some change to Lbeach (La Cresta).

Then I will start building small and hopefully someday the home would be big and nice.

Alpine is perfectly located and is high on my list. I also like Julian and Jacumba

Punisher
09-19-2009, 05:12 PM
Damn that sucks SD has a good team and there fans don't even support them, ****ing ban wagon jumpers.

Bronx33
09-19-2009, 05:27 PM
Damn that sucks SD has a good team and there fans don't even support them, ****ing ban wagon jumpers.

Getting rid of the rams didn't help at all i guess.

cutthemdown
09-19-2009, 05:46 PM
Alpine is perfectly located and is high on my list. I also like Julian and Jacumba

I've spent some time in Julian, thats the sort of thing im looking at someday. But I might by the land very soon.

I figure you don't have to build a huge house right away.

Jacumba I haven't heard of.

You should check out La Cresta.

cutthemdown
09-19-2009, 05:49 PM
It would be funny if Baja and I ended up in same area with dueling off the grid properties.

We could out do each other by adding solar panels, and thwart each other by training endangered birds to fly into our wind turbines.

all kidding aside there are some nice spreads out by Alpine. Probably a little hot but build a pool and have nice shaded landscaping, good central air.

Maybe room for some cool animals and a big greenhouse.

Yeah man I could dig that.

baja
09-19-2009, 07:26 PM
It would be funny if Baja and I ended up in same area with dueling off the grid properties.

We could out do each other by adding solar panels, and thwart each other by training endangered birds to fly into our wind turbines.

all kidding aside there are some nice spreads out by Alpine. Probably a little hot but build a pool and have nice shaded landscaping, good central air.

I'm in Loreto Baja Mx. on my way to Los Cabos and will start tightening up my place in the mountains. Planing to go to Manzanillo too. I love living in San Diego and when I think the time is right I will buy a place there but that won't be before a couple of years and many changes in the world situation. All things aside I bet we would be good neighbors

baja
09-19-2009, 07:28 PM

BTW Did you notice the price of Gold?