PDA

View Full Version : Direct TV superfan ???

kamakazi_kal
09-18-2009, 10:42 AM
I have the NFL package from DirectTV and just last sunday bought one sweet 55" LED Samsung TV. I was wondering if the superfan package was worth it?

From what I can tell you just get the redzone channel and a player tracker with access on your PC if your away from home. Do you get all the games in HD?

DeuceOfClub
09-18-2009, 10:51 AM
HD and HD only.
(If affordable of course)

beanerbronco
09-18-2009, 10:55 AM
I get your first question, but I can't make out whether you're asking abt the definiton of the online stream or something else that I haven't decyphered.
Anyways, I too, wonder if one can sign up just for the online stream of every broncos game lol. Anyone know?

55CrushEm
09-18-2009, 10:59 AM
I have the NFL package from DirectTV and just last sunday bought one sweet 55" LED Samsung TV. I was wondering if the superfan package was worth it?

From what I can tell you just get the redzone channel and a player tracker with access on your PC if your away from home. Do you get all the games in HD?

Did you get the 8000 series from last year? Around $2900? That's the one I'm picking up soon to replace my Sony 46".....

broncosteven
09-18-2009, 10:59 AM
I think you have to upgrade your dish and receiver then pay an HD fee.

I checked into it but it wasn't worth the jump only because I don't use Directv for watching anything other than Sunday ticket.

55CrushEm
09-18-2009, 11:00 AM
I get your first question, but I can't make out whether you're asking abt the definiton of the online stream or something else that I haven't decyphered.
Anyways, I too, wonder if one can sign up just for the online stream of every broncos game lol. Anyone know?

Welcome newbie. Does your user name indicate that you have a lot of gas....or are you of Mexican heritage?

kamakazi_kal
09-18-2009, 11:00 AM
Did you get the 8000 series from last year? Around $2900? That's the one I'm picking up soon to replace my Sony 46".....

yeah ..... it's just plain awesome.

55CrushEm
09-18-2009, 11:02 AM
yeah ..... it's just plain awesome.

Excellent. The NEW 55" 8000 series LED's from Samsung (which should be coming out anytime now)....are going to be priced around $4500....so to pick up last year's model for under $3000 is awesome.....

kamakazi_kal
09-18-2009, 11:04 AM

Naw, not to worried about the online stuff. I refuse to do anything on Sundays but watch the Broncos ..... even if I can't stand the play of Orton. ;)

kamakazi_kal
09-18-2009, 11:07 AM
Excellent. The NEW 55" 8000 series LED's from Samsung (which should be coming out anytime now)....are going to be priced around $4500....so to pick up last year's model for under $3000 is awesome.....

The viewing angles are amazing ... glare is viewable around 170 degrees other then that nothing and if you play video games it's dvi input is great.

I would suggest turning off the edge enhancment and motion compensation filters for anything other then sports..... they make everything look .... weird.

The black levels and contrast are great as well.

bfoflcommish
09-18-2009, 11:10 AM

well if you don't have the superfan your not watching HD so why get and hd tv....in other words YES it's worth it!

Call them up and try to get it thrown in free, alot of us here did if yo usee that other sunday ticket thread. I havent paid for it since they have started it

kamakazi_kal
09-18-2009, 11:12 AM
well if you don't have the superfan your not watching HD so why get and hd tv....in other words YES it's worth it!

Call them up and try to get it thrown in free, alot of us here did if yo usee that other sunday ticket thread. I havent paid for it since they have started it

No, I have HD tv it's paying extra for the superfan part. Right now the only games I get in HD are the one's playing local.

I'll search ...... didn't see that one.

KS Bronco
09-18-2009, 11:14 AM
yeah, you need superfan to watch all the games in hd! well worth it. i got the ticket without superfan last year; games are not as fun to watch not in hd! well worth it if you can get it for free/afford it!

beanerbronco
09-18-2009, 11:21 AM
Welcome newbie. Does your user name indicate that you have a lot of gas....or are you of Mexican heritage?

Thanks, vet. My name indicates that I am of Hispanic heritage, from Honduras to be exact. I just dnt mind ppl calling me Beaner. I do mind ppl who think all Spanish ppl are Mexicans. Nothing against Mexicans, just dnt like ppl making wrong assumptions.

There is no way of just paying for the broncos game alone, right?

bfoflcommish
09-18-2009, 11:21 AM
No, I have HD tv it's paying extra for the superfan part. Right now the only games I get in HD are the one's playing local.

I'll search ...... didn't see that one.

thats what I meant too, as in all games not just dtv hd in general.......jUST CALL THEM UP SAY HEY, i'VE BEEN A SUNDAY TICKET SUBSCRIBER FOR XXX YEARS JUST GOT THIS NEW HD TV AND WOULD LIKE TO GET SUPERFAN A TRY BUT AM HESITANT ON THE RPICE, CAN WE WORK WITH THAT?

IF THEY SAY NO ASK TO SPEAK WITH RETENTION GROUP.

Beantown Bronco
09-18-2009, 11:29 AM

I was in your exact same position about this time last year. I only had the standard, non-HD circular dish and they did the following for me:

Free HD satellite with free installation
Free HD receiver for my living room
$50 for an HD-DVR receiver for my family/football room
Free SuperFan package (I had already paid the base price for the regular Sunday Ticket, so they simply upgraded me for free)
Free movie channels for 6 months

And yes, as others have mentioned, you NEED to have the Superfan package in order to get ALL GAMES (not just the local games) in HD.

Doggcow
09-18-2009, 11:33 AM
I didn't like sunday ticket, I feel like its a chore to watch all the games at the same time. I found I just sat on the mix channel for 2 hours and jumped to each channel for big plays and stuff

bfoflcommish
09-18-2009, 11:39 AM
i didn't like sunday ticket, i feel like its a chore to watch all the games at the same time. I found i just sat on the mix channel for 2 hours and jumped to each channel for big plays and stuff

that and red zone channels alone are worth it!

Traveler
09-18-2009, 12:03 PM
No brainer in my book.

Why spend all that money on an HDTV and not use it to the fullest? There's a good chance that DirecTV will hook you up with alot of the equipment with minimal out-of-pocket costs. They might even discount NFL Sunday Ticket with SuperFan thrown in for free.

kamakazi_kal
09-18-2009, 12:11 PM
Got the superfan part free!!!

Thanks all for the advice.

watermock
09-18-2009, 12:14 PM
Last year they has it for free the first 8 games, any link?

It was like an NFL network freebie.

bfoflcommish
09-18-2009, 12:14 PM
Got the superfan part free!!!

Thanks all for the advice.

nice!

kamakazi_kal
09-18-2009, 12:17 PM
Last year they has it for free the first 8 games, any link?

It was like an NFL network freebie.

I think they only did it for week1 this year.

Jerry Curl
09-18-2009, 01:26 PM
This is my first year with dtv/st is there any chance of them giving me sf for free, cuz I really can't say "I've been a subscriber for X amount of years...."

Beantown Bronco
09-18-2009, 01:29 PM
This is my first year with dtv/st is there any chance of them giving me sf for free, cuz I really can't say "I've been a subscriber for X amount of years...."

Can't hurt to try. Unless they gave you a lot of freebies when you first subscribed to the service, they'll probably throw you a bone.

Dedhed
09-18-2009, 01:51 PM

Super fan is well worth it for me, and I don't even have directv. I paid for the upgrade for a buddy of mine who has Sunday ticket, and I watch all the Broncos games on my computer. We only have log in conflicts if he's on the road and wants to watch online, but he's a Pats fan and they usually play early. It's a pretty good setup.

I'd bet there is someone here who would spring for the upgrade in order to be able to watch games online while you're watching them at home.:thumbs:

beanerbronco
09-18-2009, 03:08 PM
Super fan is well worth it for me, and I don't even have directv. I paid for the upgrade for a buddy of mine who has Sunday ticket, and I watch all the Broncos games on my computer. We only have log in conflicts if he's on the road and wants to watch online, but he's a Pats fan and they usually play early. It's a pretty good setup.

I'd bet there is someone here who would spring for the upgrade in order to be able to watch games online while you're watching them at home.:thumbs:
That's what I'm trying to get w my cheap ass friends but nobody is willing to do it. Faggels