PDA

View Full Version : Clayton still taking little shots at Broncos...our win was "fluky"

The MVPlaya
09-18-2009, 07:50 AM
John Clayton is probably the most hated news analyst in Broncos nation because of his flat out, direct, apparent, and completely obvious hate towards the Broncos.

Fucc this mother fuccer until someone breaks his knees.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&page=1stand10/09week2

9. Cleveland Browns at Denver Broncos: This is a matchup of two former Belichick assistants who are trying to win over their players. Broncos coach Josh McDaniels got off to a good start with a fluky but fun victory over the Bengals. It wasn't a surprise that QB Kyle Orton and the offense got off to a slow start. Orton was playing with an injured right index finger and halfback Knowshon Moreno was playing with a sore knee.

Eric Mangini and the Browns got off to a bad start against the Vikings. The Browns' offense couldn't do anything. Although it's not embarrassing to give up 180 yards to Adrian Peterson, it has to worry Mangini that his run defense struggled so much in the opener. Now I'm not saying our win wasn't "lucky" but I wouldn't call it "fluky." Fluky means we were outplayed the whole game and got a lucky play. This wasn't the case. Fluky is what happened in SD last year. This wasn't the case. Our defense played hard and allowed 0 points until the final drive. We had BS calls on the drive before Bengals scored. The win definitely wasn't a "fluky" one... miracle and lucky? Sure.

It wasn't a surprise Orton and the offense got off to a slow start? How about the fact that we were able to move the ball down to the redzone all preseason long?

Anyways... John Clayton shall eat his **** when the time comes.

Garcia Bronco
09-18-2009, 07:53 AM
Seriously..why do you people listen to these assholes?!?!?!?

SoDak Bronco
09-18-2009, 07:57 AM
Who cares what this little freak says? He predicted us to be 3-13 so he is trying to play off his retarded predictions.

rastaman
09-18-2009, 07:58 AM
Browns should win this game. Cleveland scored 20 points against a good Viking defense.

Orton is playing so bad right now our defense is going to need to hold teams 3-12 points just to win. Can't see that happening not even against Cleveland.

Beantown Bronco
09-18-2009, 07:59 AM
Although it's not embarrassing to give up 180 yards to Adrian Peterson

I disagree. I don't care who the running back is, you don't give up 180 yards to any one guy. That means he'd be on pace for 2,880 yards for the season if he faced your team every week. How is that not embarrassing?

rastaman
09-18-2009, 08:00 AM
Who cares what this little freak says? He predicted us to be 3-13 so he is trying to play off his retarded predictions.

We should have started the season 0-1. We still have a chance to go 3-13.

ScottXray
09-18-2009, 08:02 AM

I disagree. I don't care who the running back is, you don't give up 180 yards to any one guy. That means he'd be on pace for 2,880 yards for the season if he faced your team every week. How is that not embarrassing?

This!
Plus knowing what you had to do coming in, knowing that AP was the
game plan, and the aging Favre was not going to throw much, and was not truly going to be a factor.

ScottXray
09-18-2009, 08:04 AM

You are such a loser!

The MVPlaya
09-18-2009, 08:04 AM
lol rastaman - you are one of the biggest losers on this forum. It's horrible imagine how poor your lifestyle, and your surroundings are. You're going to be a fan for a team and wish negative things upon them...

You're a ****in embarrassment... however I am not surprised because you're still Cutler's biiiiitch.

EDIT
Not just this forum - but from all team forums of any sport.

spdirty
09-18-2009, 08:05 AM
Dont know how the win wasnt a fluke. Cincy had the lead with 20 seconds left, and we had the ball at the 13. Their defense held us to 6 points the whole game and their offense was able to get 1 great drive against us.

As far as he offense, our (should be barely a backup) quarterback played with a glove for the first time since dislocating that finger, I dont think he shouldve even been out there personally.

Clayton starts bashing us when we are say 6-2 or something and then I'll see your point. But we should be 0-1. But a lucky ass fluke play saved our buts. Now hopefully we can take care of business the next 2 games and build some 3-0 momentum going into the murderers row part of the schedule.

Hercules Rockefeller
Browns should win this game. Cleveland scored 20 points against a good Viking defense.

Orton is playing so bad right now our defense is going to need to hold teams 3-12 points just to win. Can't see that happening not even against Cleveland.

They're offense scored 13, 7 came on a punt return. They're other TD came inside the 2 minute warning when the game was decided.

TheChamp24
Did you guys see AD's 65 yard TD run? My freakin goodness that was nothing against Cleveland, that was AD being a freakin animal.

Mr.Meanie
09-18-2009, 08:06 AM
McDaniels is still trying to "win over his players"? Someone should tell them that....

loborugger
09-18-2009, 08:06 AM
fluky but fun... sounds like something a woman says about her party.

"Come on over, Bev."

"What are we doing?"

"Ah, just a little get together. I will be fluky but fun. Bring your favorite wine!"

Fluky but fun. How about sloppy but successful. How about hard fought but victorious. Dude, check your manhood at the door.

loborugger
09-18-2009, 08:08 AM

Some truth there. I do remember when we had TD in the backfield. San Diego always played him tough and made it a mantra for TD to never get 100 yds against them.

spdirty
09-18-2009, 08:09 AM
To those who say the win wasnt a fluke, let me ask you, if we completed a great drive to go up 7-6 with a few seconds left, and they won the game on that play, would you still say the win wasnt a fluke?

Garcia Bronco
09-18-2009, 08:11 AM
We should have started the season 0-1.

How do you figure?

Beantown Bronco
09-18-2009, 08:11 AM
Did you guys see AD's 65 yard TD run? My freakin goodness that was nothing against Cleveland, that was AD being a freakin animal.

Nothing against Cleveland? I assume you mean, aside from the 3 guys that had missed tackles on that play.

kamakazi_kal
09-18-2009, 08:12 AM
If it can be fluky every week and end in a W i'll take it.

Dagmar
09-18-2009, 08:16 AM

You remember what we gave up to Sproles at the ass end of last year?

Jason in LA
09-18-2009, 08:16 AM
Dont know how the win wasnt a fluke. Cincy had the lead with 20 seconds left, and we had the ball at the 13. Their defense held us to 6 points the whole game and their offense was able to get 1 great drive against us.

As far as he offense, our (should be barely a backup) quarterback played with a glove for the first time since dislocating that finger, I dont think he shouldve even been out there personally.

Clayton starts bashing us when we are say 6-2 or something and then I'll see your point. But we should be 0-1. But a lucky ass fluke play saved our buts. Now hopefully we can take care of business the next 2 games and build some 3-0 momentum going into the murderers row part of the schedule.

I'm with you on this one. It was a fun win. We all went crazy over it. But, it was totally fluky. There's no other way to call it. That's as fluke of a play as it gets. And what Clayton said is true. The offense got off to a slow start. They crossed the 50 only 3 times and never made it to the redzone. What else are you going to call that? He could have been a lot harsher.

It's like if anybody in the media says anything about the Broncos that isn't positive, people around here go nuts.

Karenin
09-18-2009, 08:17 AM
lol rastaman - you are one of the biggest losers on this forum. It's horrible imagine how poor your lifestyle, and your surroundings are.

You know what the sad thing is? The dude is 51 ****ING YEARS OLD. I figured he was just some dumb **** 15 year old based on his horrible english, but it turns out this dude is as old as my dad. I can't imagine my dad going on to a football message board and acting like a petulant little bitch like rastaman does, I really feel sorry for him, he's 51 and is almost certainly unmarried and child-less. He wasted his own life and now his only recourse is to come on to Broncos message boards and try to make other people feel as miserable as he does. Such a sad ****ing sack of ****.

Flex Gunmetal
09-18-2009, 08:18 AM
Our win was fluky. 99 out of 100 times denver loses that game.

ScottXray
09-18-2009, 08:21 AM
To those who say the win wasnt a fluke, let me ask you, if we completed a great drive to go up 7-6 with a few seconds left, and they won the game on that play, would you still say the win wasnt a fluke?

Of course it was a fluke! Shyt happens, and thats why they play the games.

The point is that we were in a position to win the game with a single play, because of how well the TEAM had played until then. Sure, it was mainly the Defense, but we were in the game , and in fact, lead for the entire game except for 27 seconds that THEY had the lead. How is that totally luck?

It wasn't pretty...but it is still a win. You make your own luck, and when it happens, if you take advantage GOOD things happen. 3 sacks, two picks, and the other good things that happened aren't all luck. Cinncinatti was lucky they were even in it after their mistakes and miscues.

They forgot to FINISH. We didn't.

SoDak Bronco
09-18-2009, 08:21 AM
Like McDaniels said, we aren't going to give this win back. Flukey, lucky, whatever you want to call it. Broncos won, and thats the bottom line. Hey Ratsababy, you want to bet on this weekends game? I'll give you 3 points, and the Broncos still win, if they do, you have to EAT CROW and leave the board for a month. If the Broncos lose, I'll pack it in.

Beantown Bronco
09-18-2009, 08:23 AM
You remember what we gave up to Sproles at the ass end of last year?

Yup. Point?

Did anyone say that their performance last year in that game in particular was anything short of embarrassing? THAT is what I'm objecting to.

oubronco
09-18-2009, 08:32 AM
I didn't see anything wrong with what Clayton said it was a fluke play! It's not like that stuff happens all the time and if we are going to have to rely on desperation plays like that every week then every Bronco fan has the right to complain although if the Defense can keep playing like it has the last couple games the Offense shouldn't have to be All World

chex
09-18-2009, 08:36 AM
Clayton having a national forum is fluky.

colonelbeef
09-18-2009, 08:41 AM

haha exactly. How is Clayton wrong exactly?

chex
09-18-2009, 08:47 AM
Deal with it. We're 1-0, and that's that. **** apologizing for wins. I don't recall anyone having sympathy for us when we lose on heartbreaking plays.

manchambo
09-18-2009, 08:56 AM
This has to be the dumbest thread on this page right now.

The play literally had never happened before in the history of the NFL. And it was determined almost entirely by the luck of having the ball bounce directly into Stokely's hands.

If that's not a fluke, I gues I've been misunderstanding the meaning of that word for all these years.

chex
09-18-2009, 08:58 AM
This has to be the dumbest thread on this page right now.

The play literally had never happened before in the history of the NFL. And it was determined almost entirely by the luck of having the ball bounce directly into Stokely's hands.

If that's not a fluke, I gues I've been misunderstanding the meaning of that word for all these years.

The play was a fluke, not the win. It's a slap in the face of a great defensive effort to say the game was a fluke.

chex
09-18-2009, 09:00 AM
The play literally had never happened before in the history of the NFL.

And yeah, it has happened before. Eddie Mac in Minnesota. No one was complaining then.

DenverBrit
Fluky? That was a designed play straight out of McPoopyPant's playbook.

The eleven seconds left on the clock prevented it from being 'perfect'. :approve:

TerrElway
One point he makes - Moreno playing on a sore knee - Buckhalter looked fine to me and KM looked not fine. Why not ride Buck a little more (or Hillis for hell's sake) and get KM healthy?

GreatBronco16
09-18-2009, 09:30 AM

I bet you didn't think we should have been 1-1 after week two last season huh?

TheDave
09-18-2009, 09:32 AM
Calling the win "Fluky" isn't taking a shot, it's calling it like it was.

Fucc this mother fuccer until someone breaks his knees

The competition around here to be the next "Superfan" is getting comical.

manchambo
09-18-2009, 09:52 AM
And yeah, it has happened before. Eddie Mac in Minnesota. No one was complaining then.

No, it never has happened before. That's what "longest fourth quarter game-winning play in NFL history" means.

bronco militia
09-18-2009, 09:53 AM
it was fluky, ya ****ing morons.

everything else he said was bogus

Jason in LA
09-18-2009, 09:54 AM
Of course it was a fluke! Shyt happens, and thats why they play the games.

The point is that we were in a position to win the game with a single play, because of how well the TEAM had played until then. Sure, it was mainly the Defense, but we were in the game , and in fact, lead for the entire game except for 27 seconds that THEY had the lead. How is that totally luck?

It wasn't pretty...but it is still a win. You make your own luck, and when it happens, if you take advantage GOOD things happen. 3 sacks, two picks, and the other good things that happened aren't all luck. Cinncinatti was lucky they were even in it after their mistakes and miscues.

They forgot to FINISH. We didn't.

When you're 87 yards away from the endzone with like 20 seconds to play, and a tipped pass gets you there, then yeah, you're incredibly lucky.

The team didn't play well, the defense played well. If the O simply plays decent it wouldn't of come down to a fluke play.

Like I said before, it was a great win. It was exciting, and I'll certainly take it over a loss. But lets not act like it wasn't lucky. And I wouldn't say that the Broncos made their own luck. The ball simply fell their way. When the Saints went the entire field some years back on that one play where they kept pitching the ball back, they made their own luck. They avoided tacklers and made sure the ball never hit the ground. They made that play work (sucks that the kicker missed the extra point lol). But the ball flying up in the air and Stokely just happening to be there, I wouldn't call that making your own luck. Luck found them, and it was pretty easy to take advantage of it.

chex
09-18-2009, 09:56 AM
No, it never has happened before. That's what "longest fourth quarter game-winning play in NFL history" means.

Yeah, it has. Eddie Mac caught a tipped ball to win the game. Just because he didn't have to run 87 yards doesn't make it any different. Tipped ball wins a game. Get over it. Write a letter of apology to the city of Cincinnati since you're so put off.

Irish Stout
09-18-2009, 10:00 AM
John Clayton is probably the most hated news analyst in Broncos nation because of his flat out, direct, apparent, and completely obvious hate towards the Broncos.

I thought we were Broncos Country?

Clayton goes bobbing for turds in diarrhea infested toilets and likes it.

Irish Stout
09-18-2009, 10:03 AM
fluke is a funny word.

It was the most exciting win in the NFL last week. Give me some more exciting wins!

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-18-2009, 10:08 AM
Did he make similar comments about the Patriots "fluky" win?

BigPlayShay
09-18-2009, 10:10 AM

How can you say that? does DJ drop a pick 6 99 times out of 100? Do both teams drop 5+ balls 99 times out of 100? The outcome of the game is just that. There are no do-overs.

Irish Stout
09-18-2009, 10:13 AM
How can you say that? does DJ drop a pick 6 99 times out of 100? Do both teams drop 5+ balls 99 times out of 100? The outcome of the game is just that. There are no do-overs.

Right - Fluky play yes, a win is a win and never fluky or false.

I've compared it to golf before, but I've seen 3 people hit holes in one... not one of them has done it on a "great" shot... two were bad then shots and one was fat and got a GREAT BOUNCE.

The fact is a hole in one no matter how achieved cannot be taken away from you. Same with a win.

oubronco
09-18-2009, 10:15 AM
Calling the win "Fluky" isn't taking a shot, it's calling it like it was.

The competition around here to be the next "Superfan" is getting comical.

You aren't kidding this sh*t is epic

Mr. Elway
09-18-2009, 10:16 AM
The winning play was a fluke, but Cincy was damn lucky we got those penalties that took us out of field goal range in the first place. Anyone who watched the game knows we outplayed the Bengals. Plus the Bengals defense could easily have stopped Stokely even after the tip and catch had they played smarter.

ChSuperStar
09-18-2009, 10:27 AM
Wins like that dont come every week, it happens once in a decade. So call it lucky or fluke or what ever.. i will take it. If our win was fluke what can you say about Pats and Bolts, they both were bad all through the game and one got a lucky chance because the KR decided to run out.. and bolts dont even get me started, Not that i like oakland.. but they deserved to win than that best team to never make superbowl.

This week, if we are good on offense and play same level of offense.... i will be glad. But having said that, special teams is the key this week.. because they have a play maker at PR/KR

RhymesayersDU
09-18-2009, 10:41 AM
Anybody bashing Clayton is a moron.

Seriously, mock farts out better threads than this idiocy.

BigPlayShay
09-18-2009, 10:48 AM
It's just the way it goes sometimes. Cincy will be the beneficiary of something "fluky" this year. The Broncos will be on the other side of something "fluky" as well. It always happens that way.

DeuceOfClub
09-18-2009, 10:49 AM
I see absolutely nothing to be upset about Clayton little paragraph. If anything I think he praise the Broncos, expecting them to improve as Orton get familiar and Moreno healthy...

The Browns scored a TD on a Punt Return, but don't let the facts confuse you.

Beantown Bronco
09-18-2009, 11:22 AM
How can you say that? does DJ drop a pick 6 99 times out of 100?

To be honest, he just might. 6th year in the league and only 2 picks to his credit....and according to wikipedia, he didn't have any INTs in high school or college either.

Popps
09-18-2009, 11:24 AM
The win was a little fluky. Though, us giving up a lead on what should have been a game-sealing drive was a little fluky, as well.

We caught a big break, no question.

The real story was that the team showed some flashes of improvement, though the offense has yet to put it together.

rmsanger
09-18-2009, 11:39 AM
Our win was "fluky" and non in the sense that we were outplayed the entire game and won by some fluke. But for the fact that we were up 6-0 until 4:00 left in the game and let the opposition march 90 yards to take a 7-6 lead only to win by a "fluky" tip and catch with 20 seconds left.

Jason in LA
09-18-2009, 12:06 PM
Yeah, it has. Eddie Mac caught a tipped ball to win the game. Just because he didn't have to run 87 yards doesn't make it any different. Tipped ball wins a game. Get over it. Write a letter of apology to the city of Cincinnati since you're so put off.

I'd say that it was different. Elway had driven them all the way down the field. They were right there for a score. Tipped passes happens. The Broncos got lucky that it fell into Mac's hands, but I wouldn't say it was a total fluke because the Broncos were on the verge of scoring. The play this past weekend, they were no where near scoring. They were just taking shots in the dark and somehow the ball ended up in a guy's hands with nobody to stop him. Plays like that just don't happen.

BigPlayShay
09-18-2009, 12:07 PM
To be honest, he just might. 6th year in the league and only 2 picks to his credit....and according to wikipedia, he didn't have any INTs in high school or college either.

Touche', but in his defense he was a RB in High School, and I think for 1 year at Miami. Not only that, but Denver LBs have not had hardly any picks over the last 5 seasons, so it is not just a DJ problem.

Beantown Bronco
09-18-2009, 12:20 PM
Not only that, but Denver LBs have not had hardly any picks over the last 5 seasons, so it is not just a DJ problem.

Agreed. And if I have to read one more freakin fluff piece in the papers about how the LBs are spending extra time after practice catching balls from the juggs machine just to address this issue (like I have at least once or twice every year for however many years now) only to see them come up empty again....I'm likely going to just lose it.

azbroncfan
09-18-2009, 12:22 PM
Fluky or lucky whatever. Yes Denver is at fault for even needing that play but yes they did get a lucky or fluky or good bounce to win the game. No need to get your panties in a bunch over it.

watermock
09-18-2009, 12:38 PM
Deal with it. We're 1-0, and that's that. **** apologizing for wins. I don't recall anyone having sympathy for us when we lose on heartbreaking plays.

Just remind Popps we should be 0-1 every time he talks about the bad call against SD, which we paid for in week 17.

NYBronco
09-18-2009, 12:42 PM
Nothing against Cleveland? I assume you mean, aside from the 3 guys that had missed tackles on that play.

Fluky...

USMCBladerunner
09-18-2009, 12:50 PM
Uhhh...when you are down 7-6 with :20 to play and 87 yards to go, a tipped pass for a TD is a flukey play...take into account other relatively rare events like chip shot Field Goal snaps blowing past the holder for a TO with 34 yards of field position change, and you have a flukey win.

Did Denver play well enough to win without the benefit of such flukey plays? Generally yes, but in the end it took a damn bizarre play to get the win. The fact that Clayton said so has some of you bent, but it is what it is. It doesn't make it any less of a win to call it flukey, so stop being so sensitive.

NYBronco
09-18-2009, 01:00 PM
Did Clayton call Buffalo's kickoff return fumble fluky?

Hercules Rockefeller
09-18-2009, 01:08 PM
Just remind Popps we should be 0-1 every time he talks about the bad call against SD, which we paid for in week 17.

Yeah, that game would have been so close if the refs hadn't handed Denver a win in Week 2. There was nothing else to really motivate the Bolts besides that non-call and the talent levels between the two were pretty much even. If only Hochuli hadn't blown that call, the Denver might have pitched a shutout in Week 17.

Jason in LA
09-18-2009, 01:15 PM
Uhhh...when you are down 7-6 with :20 to play and 87 yards to go, a tipped pass for a TD is a flukey play...take into account other relatively rare events like chip shot Field Goal snaps blowing past the holder for a TO with 34 yards of field position change, and you have a flukey win.

Did Denver play well enough to win without the benefit of such flukey plays? Generally yes, but in the end it took a damn bizarre play to get the win. The fact that Clayton said so has some of you bent, but it is what it is. It doesn't make it any less of a win to call it flukey, so stop being so sensitive.

I totally agree with this. The Broncos played well enough to win the game. But it did come down to a fluke play.

It seems like anything that has a hint of negativity will get people highly pissed off, even if it is true.

Going forward, will that effort be enough to produce a winning season? On defense, hell yeah! On offense? Not even close. They won't beat the better teams in the league with an offensive performance like that.

Jason in LA
09-18-2009, 01:18 PM

Fumbles happen all the time. I'd say that it was lucky that the Pats were able to get the fumble at that point in the game, and with that kind of field position, but it certainly wasn't a fluke.

cutthemdown
09-18-2009, 01:30 PM
When Bronco fans care what Clayton has to say you know things are bad.

delany
09-18-2009, 01:43 PM
I am embarrassed to have some of you manginas as fellow Bronco fans.

Jason in LA
09-18-2009, 01:43 PM
If Clayton was saying positive things about the Broncos then people would be quoting him all over the place. I bet everybody loved Clayton during the Broncos Super Bowl run. I bet every report had something very positive to say.

TexanBob
09-18-2009, 01:54 PM
Can't decide which is more gay...Clayton or MVPlaya for getting his panties in a wad over having a fluke win described as "fluky".

Dedhed
09-18-2009, 02:17 PM

You're just sad.

Rigs11
09-18-2009, 02:43 PM
I have friends like this too. they call tehmselves broncos fans but are wishing that the broncos lose and cutler wins just so they can prove a point. it's pathetic.

Gcver2ver3
09-18-2009, 02:48 PM
the win was fluky...

i don't have a problem with that...considering we led most all the ball game, i feel we deserved to win anyway...but even if we didn't, i really don't care...

a win is a win...and for all we know, that was our season changing win for us...

chex
09-18-2009, 03:41 PM
If Clayton was saying positive things about the Broncos then people would be quoting him all over the place. I bet everybody loved Clayton during the Broncos Super Bowl run. I bet every report had something very positive to say.

Not really. I wouldn't. I honestly couldn't care less what he has to say per se. My piece is with everyone that feels we owe Cincy fans an apology, or should petition the NFL to reverse the outcome, figuratively speaking. Tipped passes are part of the game. We caught a break, and that's that. No need for the team to hang their head in shame. The defense played outstanding, which is what the storyline for the game should be, given the recent histroy of that unit. Instead we have to have writers and Broncos fans themselves pissing on the team. If that game was between the Steelers and Titans it would be called a classic. If the final score was 38-35 it would be called a classic.

tsiguy96
09-18-2009, 03:45 PM

you know, DJ has dropped quite a few picks, including the one this last game for a TD.

manchambo
09-18-2009, 03:48 PM
Not really. I wouldn't. I honestly couldn't care less what he has to say per se. My piece is with everyone that feels we owe Cincy fans an apology, or should petition the NFL to reverse the outcome, figuratively speaking. Tipped passes are part of the game. We caught a break, and that's that. No need for the team to hang their head in shame. The defense played outstanding, which is what the storyline for the game should be, given the recent histroy of that unit. Instead we have to have writers and Broncos fans themselves pissing on the team. If that game was between the Steelers and Titans it would be called a classic. If the final score was 38-35 it would be called a classic.

The problem is that calling it fluky has nothing to do with any of the other things you said. People win on lucky plays all the time and have not need to apologize. And the result never has been overturned.

But noting that a game winning play the likes of which has never happened before in the history of the NFL makes for a fluky win is nothing other than true.

SouthStndJunkie
09-18-2009, 03:50 PM
That last play was "fluky" and we won because of it.

That said, who cares what Clayton thinks, we won.

The MVPlaya
09-18-2009, 03:52 PM
The problem is that calling it fluky has nothing to do with any of the other things you said. People win on lucky plays all the time and have not need to apologize. And the result never has been overturned.

But noting that a game winning play the likes of which has never happened before in the history of the NFL makes for a fluky win is nothing other than true.

So our win was a fluke? Our players didn't play hard for 60 minutes? We SHOULDN'T have won right?

We MADE the play at the end, it was a tip drill and that was that. Stokely stayed with the play and didn't let off.

GTFOH with that fluke BS... we made the damn play... Bengals team paid consequences for being undisciplined.

Lol@ people thinking we shouldn't have won... keep living in your shoulda coulda's and woulda's... and stay losing.

Atwater His Ass
09-18-2009, 04:35 PM
So our win was a fluke? Our players didn't play hard for 60 minutes? We SHOULDN'T have won right?

We MADE the play at the end, it was a tip drill and that was that. Stokely stayed with the play and didn't let off.

GTFOH with that fluke BS... we made the damn play... Bengals team paid consequences for being undisciplined.

Lol@ people thinking we shouldn't have won... keep living in your shoulda coulda's and woulda's... and stay losing.

lolwut?? Bengals paid the consequences for being undisciplined? are you from this freaking planet? ffs, the bengal defender made an EXCELLENT play to break up the pass. there was nothing "undisciplined" about it.

with the way our defense collapsed on their last drive and the fact that our offense stunk up the joint all day, we didn't "deserve" to win this game. we got LUCKY. there is nothing wrong with being able to admit that, sheesh.

tsiguy96
09-18-2009, 04:38 PM
lolwut?? Bengals paid the consequences for being undisciplined? are you from this freaking planet? ffs, the bengal defender made an EXCELLENT play to break up the pass. there was nothing "undisciplined" about it.

with the way our defense collapsed on their last drive and the fact that our offense stunk up the joint all day, we didn't "deserve" to win this game. we got LUCKY. there is nothing wrong with being able to admit that, sheesh.

basically all the announcers on sirius radio disagree with you. but what do they know, there just former plays and GMs and stuff. idiots.

Popps
09-18-2009, 04:45 PM

It's not the player that broke up the pass. Several commentators (and our own coach) have said that the Bengals should have had someone between the WR and the endzone. McDaniels says we specifically work on that situation, and specifically instruct our defenders not to get in front of a WR unless you have back-up.

So, while the tip was fortunate, it's apparent to those who do this professionally that there should have been a defender in place to prevent it.

Sorry.

maher_tyler
09-18-2009, 04:47 PM
TRYING to win over the players?? Is he in the locker room after games..is he at all the practices?? WTF is this idiot smoking?!?! Everytime the players are interviewed they have nothing but good things to say about him and that everyone is buying in!!

tsiguy96
09-18-2009, 04:49 PM
TRYING to win over the players?? Is he in the locker room after games..is he at all the practices?? WTF is this idiot smoking?!?! Everytime the players are interviewed they have nothing but good things to say about him and that everyone is buying in!!

even marshall was commenting on how well prepared mcdaniels has the team. i think hes done a fine job of winning people over and buying into the system, now he needs to fine tune the actual execution.

DenverBrit
09-18-2009, 04:57 PM
Better a fluky win than a fluky loss. Ask Bengal fans. ;D

baja
09-18-2009, 05:10 PM
We're 1 - 0 and played tough inspired football call it what you want.

Bronx33
09-18-2009, 05:32 PM
whos john clayton?

cutthemdown
09-18-2009, 05:50 PM

I'll bet the over on 12 points.

maher_tyler
09-18-2009, 06:03 PM
whos john clayton?

He's the guy on ESPN, he's related to the host of Tales From The Crypt!!

http://cdn.idolator.com/assets/resources/2008/05/tales%20from%20the%20crypt.jpg

ScottXray
09-18-2009, 07:55 PM
When you're 87 yards away from the endzone with like 20 seconds to play, and a tipped pass gets you there, then yeah, you're incredibly lucky.

The team didn't play well, the defense played well. If the O simply plays decent it wouldn't of come down to a fluke play.

Like I said before, it was a great win. It was exciting, and I'll certainly take it over a loss. But lets not act like it wasn't lucky. And I wouldn't say that the Broncos made their own luck. The ball simply fell their way. When the Saints went the entire field some years back on that one play where they kept pitching the ball back, they made their own luck. They avoided tacklers and made sure the ball never hit the ground. They made that play work (sucks that the kicker missed the extra point lol). But the ball flying up in the air and Stokely just happening to be there, I wouldn't call that making your own luck. Luck found them, and it was pretty easy to take advantage of it.
My first line said it was a fluke...of course it was lucky.

The rest of my post was to indicate that we were in position to win (because of the Defense , Yes), and not just because of luck.

GoBroncos DownUnder
09-18-2009, 09:14 PM
Historically, there was once a "fluke pass", ... it's now referred to as The Immaculate Reception. ;)
http://www.benkepple.com/Images/reception.jpg

Give it time...

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2009/09000d5d81292b1c_gallery_600.jpg

Archer81
09-18-2009, 09:35 PM
Denver keeps finding ways to win, they will shut the critics up.

:Broncos:

Bronco Bob
09-18-2009, 09:37 PM

Why should he? What was fluky about a kickoff return fumble? Happens lots of times.

Bronco Bob
09-18-2009, 09:40 PM
I have friends like this too. they call tehmselves broncos fans but are wishing that the broncos lose and cutler wins just so they can prove a point. it's pathetic.

I'm sort of the opposite. I hope the Broncos win and wish Cutler loses just to prove a point.

Bronco Bob
09-18-2009, 09:48 PM
So our win was a fluke?

Yes.

Our players didn't play hard for 60 minutes?

Who said they didn't?

We SHOULDN'T have won right?

Who said that?

99% of the time the ball falls to the ground, the other team intecepts
the ball, or the player is immediately tackled by the other team.

we made the damn play...

Nobody said we didn't

Bengals team paid consequences for being undisciplined.

Nobody said they didn't.

Lol@ people thinking we shouldn't have won...

And these people would be....? I don't recall Clayton, for instance,
saying we shouldn't have won.

broncswin
09-18-2009, 09:54 PM

Wrong, the safety should have never went after the hit...you are taught to let nothing behind you, there were two players in front of him. He f-ed up royally by going for the knock out blow...if you don't agree with this, then sorry but you aren't savvy on Defensive responsibilty. If he would've played his responsibility the Bungles would've probably had a win.

BroncoBuff
09-18-2009, 09:55 PM
The win was definitely fluky ... and we should kill the Browns.

No ints and don't kick to Cribbs = Win

broncswin
09-18-2009, 09:56 PM
Why should he? What was fluky about a kickoff return fumble? Happens lots of times.

Not in that situation, the guy was 5 yards deep in the endzone when he caught the ball...he should have never come out...it was FLUKY

broncswin
09-18-2009, 09:57 PM
The win was definitely fluky ... and we should kill the Browns.

No ints and don't kick to Cribbs = Win

I do agree with this:thanku:

baja
09-18-2009, 09:59 PM
fluky it is than...

watermock
09-18-2009, 10:13 PM
Wrong, the safety should have never went after the hit...you are taught to let nothing behind you, there were two players in front of him. He f-ed up royally by going for the knock out blow...if you don't agree with this, then sorry but you aren't savvy on Defensive responsibilty. If he would've played his responsibility the Bungles would've probably had a win.

I said this 5 days ago.

Plus they had a LB deep, that's why Stokely ran it in.

Add it to Neckbeards win total Popps. He deserves it.

watermock
09-18-2009, 10:20 PM
Not in that situation, the guy was 5 yards deep in the endzone when he caught the ball...he should have never come out...it was FLUKY

The mistake wasn't taking it out dimwit, it was letting himself get stripped.

The Patriots simply stood him up and played strip poker.

If he had just gone down at the 20...

He didn't know exactly where he was.

Fact is, the ball landed in the perfect spot...too shallow to ignore, or let go.

cutthemdown
09-18-2009, 10:29 PM
we got way lucky, fluke, whatever you want to call it. Who cares sometimes stuff like that makes players believe they are going to have a lucky yr. It can be a good thing.

No way Broncos get over confident, this team knows the yr will be tough just to get over .500. They see that schedule just like we do.

I do think though the teams spirits are good, they are playing really hard for the coach. Especially the defensive guys. I really thought they seemed to be trying to hit harder and play with more intensity. Thats such a huge start its hard to even quantify it.

Mcdaniels will get the offense moving. I just know it. I do think though Marshall has to be on board.

I still think deep down he hasn't turned it on yet. He's probably trying but realizing that its tough to flip a switch when your not in the right state of mind. Hopefully he just needs more time to figure things out and get his mind right.

It could be happen in practice, in a game, but it will click and he will realize he isn't thinking about his contract, or the coach, or how he didnt get traded. He will just be looking at a guy he's stiff arming fall to the ground, hearing the crowd roar, and realizing oh yeah this is why I play this game!!!!!

Atwater His Ass
09-18-2009, 10:33 PM

you're ****ing delusional.

and lol at the retards trying to compare it to a routine fumble.

threads like this are why this place can be so stupid. guarentee that if roles were reversed, you pansies would be all up in arms about how the game was stolen from us after our D only gave up 6 points and our O drove 90+ yards for the go ahead score.

:homer: city in here.

watermock
09-18-2009, 10:45 PM
Wrong. The FS never should of left Stokely.

baja
09-18-2009, 10:52 PM
Hey Mock;

I'm rich!

http://www.kitco.com/charts/livegold.html ;D

TomServo
09-19-2009, 01:11 AM
sorry i skipped all the responses in this thread but..... last weeks bronco win wasnt a fluke?
it was exactley like last years week one win. Total Fluke. and like last year, i'll take the W. for what its worth, a W.

Jason in LA
09-19-2009, 09:28 AM

I haven't heard anybody say that we owe them an apology or that it should be reversed. That would be kind of silly. I don't feel bad for them, and the Broncos won the game fair and square.

There is nothing wrong with pointing out that the play was a fluke, or that it was a lucky win, because it was. And there is nothing wrong with discussing how bad the offense played. Seems like some people want to stick their head in the sand on that issue.

steeledude
09-19-2009, 09:31 AM
Nothing Clayton said was a "shot" at the team. And to suggest our win wasn't fluky is ignoring the truth of the situation. He said we had a fluky win. And we did.

baja
09-19-2009, 09:33 AM
Nothing Clayton said was a "shot" at the team. And to suggest our win wasn't fluky is ignoring the truth of the situation. He said we had a fluky win. And we did.

this

1998Eternal
09-19-2009, 11:45 AM
A win is a Win i dont care if you win the way we did, or if we had bent them over 32-0 1-0 is 1-0.

DenverBrit
09-19-2009, 11:49 AM
Of course it was a fluke, but I like that the Broncos Defense made it possible.