PDA

View Full Version : Vonnie Holliday Interview on The Fan

Popcorn Sutton
09-17-2009, 04:44 PM
I thought it was worth posting. He sounds like he is happy to be here and mentioned that the locker room chemistry wasn't what he expected considering all the negative press coming out of Denver over the last few months. It sounds like he'll be a good influence for McBean, Fields and some of the younger players on the line.

LINK TO INTERVIEW (http://www.fm1043thefan.com/EI/G/Flash/RTEMp3Player.swf?File=http://media.fm1043thefan.com/Audio/sportsguys/20090911VonnieHollidaySportsGuysRAW.mp3)

Los Broncos
09-17-2009, 04:55 PM
Good interview, I guess Dawkins is a big presence in the locker room.

KipCorrington25
09-17-2009, 07:00 PM
He's very well spoken, if nothing else good leadership I'm hoping.

maher_tyler
09-17-2009, 07:20 PM
Another good vet. player on the team, i like this move.

cousinal11
09-17-2009, 07:26 PM
Anytime you can add a Tar Heel, it's a good thing.

UberBroncoMan
09-17-2009, 09:11 PM
We have a lot of player-coaches on this team... which is great :)!

Rock Chalk
09-17-2009, 09:16 PM
Anytime you can add a Tar Heel, it's a good thing.

This aint basketball.

Popcorn Sutton
09-17-2009, 09:37 PM
This aint basketball.

You'd love to have a Heel on the Broncos right now... I'll give you a hint.

Rhymes with Pulius Jeppers.

BroncoMan4ever
09-17-2009, 09:44 PM

pass on that.

Zoobie
09-17-2009, 09:46 PM
Julius Peppers at OLB would be a thing of beauty. I remember him talking in the offseason about how he wanted to go to a 3-4 team before they franchised him.

Popps
09-17-2009, 11:34 PM
He sounds like he is happy to be here and mentioned that the locker room chemistry wasn't what he expected considering all the negative press coming out of Denver over the last few months.

Very good to hear.

One might ask, well... "what's he supposed to say."

Fair enough.

But, I'd say he could have just blended in and said "everything is great." But, he went out of his way to immediately make the case that the locker room chemistry was great, despite some of the negative press.

He also said you rarely hear from guys like Doom and others, who ARE pumped up about the changes and new direction.

Basically, this is what a lot of us said in the off-season. At a certain point, a bunch of professionals grow tired of hearing that they're sh#t just because one player left town. What ends up happening is that the remaining guys develop a chip on their shoulder, and aim to prove the world wrong.

Add to that a defense that already had a lot to prove... and some great new leadership (which I think Holiday will help) .... and there's a recipe for good team chemistry.

Again, I love the concept we're putting in place, here. It's team-oriented and based around guys with a history of being quality leaders.

Popps
09-17-2009, 11:36 PM
Thanks for posting, Brew.

enjolras
09-18-2009, 01:39 AM
I have no doubt the locker room is in great shape. You can see it on the field. The Broncos aren't the most talented team in the league, but they've played hard (with 1 player as an exception) every down throughout the preseason and ESPECIALLY in week 1.

When you see that type of effort it's almost always because the team is gelling well in the locker room. Eventually that pays huge dividends...

BroncoMan4ever
09-18-2009, 02:18 AM
Julius Peppers at OLB would be a thing of beauty. I remember him talking in the offseason about how he wanted to go to a 3-4 team before they franchised him.

just because a guy says he wants to try playing a new scheme doesn't mean they'd be any good at it.

BMarsh615
09-18-2009, 05:02 AM

Dre Bly?:wave:

cousinal11
09-18-2009, 06:19 AM
This aint basketball.

Won't matter for long. Butch is building a monster in Chapel Hill.

Popcorn Sutton
09-18-2009, 07:51 AM
pass on that.

Awfully picky are we? Considering the level of talent we've had in the front 7 the last few years... :thanku: