PDA

View Full Version : Marshall still acting like a d-bag

scorpio
09-17-2009, 12:44 PM
http://gazettebroncos.freedomblogging.com/2009/09/17/marshall-says-nothing-in-first-media-meeting/1385/

Marshall says nothing in first media meeting
September 17th, 2009, 1:32 pm · 1 Comment · posted by Frank Schwab

Receiver Brandon Marshall’s first meeting with the media since returning from his suspension brought little light to his situation, considering he refused to answer questions.

Marshall, who asked early during the locker room period what time the media’s access finished and then told a reporter he would return two minutes before the media was ushered out, went out of his way to make it clear he wouldn’t answer questions in the minute and a half he spoke. Marshall did not speak last week to reporters, refusing many requests. Players are required to speak to media once a week under the NFL’s media policy.
Marshall, who was suspended for conduct detrimental to the team before the third preseason game, answered questions about his suspension and his teammates’ reaction to his return by talking about this week’s opponent, the Cleveland Browns.

So, Brandon, did you have any making up to do with your teammates upon your return?

“This week, in preparing for Cleveland, it’s going to be tough and we know that,” Marshall said. “We’re going to do our best to give it our best shot.”

So how close are you to being back to your Pro Bowl form?

“I think Coach (Eric) Mangini is doing a great job with the guys, getting them to do what they’re supposed to do, doing their job, and it’s making it tough on opposing offenses,” Marshall said.

The only time Marshall spoke directly to a question was when he said he was completely healthy. Marshall had hip surgery in the offseason and missed a couple of weeks of training camp with a hamstring injury.

“I think I was 100 percent a long time ago,” Marshall said.

After a public relations staffer announced that there was one more question before the locker room was closed, Marshall decided he didn’t have time for another answer.

“All right,” Marshall said, walking away after the question was done.

scorpio
09-17-2009, 12:45 PM
From Vic Lombardi's twitter:

Gary Miller just got into a lippy exchange with Brandon Marshall in the lockerroom...frankly, made me uncomfortable..watch at 6

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-17-2009, 12:49 PM
Rasheed Wallace approves.

ND Bronco Fan
09-17-2009, 12:50 PM
I am really anxious to hear what Gary Miller said to him. Should be a good show tomorrow with Vic and Gary.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-17-2009, 12:51 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BrOH-KHxXg0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BrOH-KHxXg0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

DomCasual
09-17-2009, 12:52 PM
All class, Brandon. All class.

Beantown Bronco
09-17-2009, 12:54 PM
Marshall has obviously not mastered the art of "food jacking" an interview yet. Give the boy time.

DeuceOfClub
09-17-2009, 12:55 PM
At this point, the less he speaks the better.

Drunk Monkey
09-17-2009, 01:00 PM
I love Shaq in the post game court side interview. 98% of the time his answers had nothing to do with the questions.

Jason in LA
09-17-2009, 01:02 PM
At this point, the less he speaks the better.

Pretty much the way I see it.

s0phr0syne
09-17-2009, 01:04 PM
yeah, he'll get a bad rap for the lack of media interaction, just like TO was getting in Buffalo, but at the end of the day it's a more mature response to refuse to play the game than it would be to say things that could be detrimental to his aspirations or the teams' goals.

Media won't like getting shut out, but honestly, half the stuff that the coaches and players talk about is a bunch of cliched BS anyway.

Rabb
09-17-2009, 01:04 PM
I did not give any thought to him dogging it in week 1, but crap like this just makes me think he won't be much better this week and maybe there is some truth to him not playing to his fullest last week.

I give it another week of him doing this before the hammer comes down.

TheDave
09-17-2009, 01:05 PM
At what point does it become addition by subtraction?

To be honest after watching the game on Sunday I'm not sure we haven't already reached that point.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-17-2009, 01:05 PM
From Vic Lombardi's twitter:

Who is Gary Miller?

Popcorn Sutton
09-17-2009, 01:11 PM

To be honest after watching the game on Sunday I'm not sure we haven't already reached that point.

It pains me to say this but I am starting to agree.

Cito Pelon
09-17-2009, 01:12 PM
Marshall will be ok. Dude loves to catch and run. He's posing right now to get the contract, but he has some good competetive spirit. Hell, Marshall gave it his all last Sunday.

MilitantDBFan
09-17-2009, 01:14 PM
I did not give any thought to him dogging it in week 1, but crap like this just makes me think he won't be much better this week and maybe there is some truth to him not playing to his fullest last week.

I give it another week of him doing this before the hammer comes down.

Yeah because the way you interview is a direct indication of how you plan to play on the field.

Old folks used to say all the time..."If you never open your mouth up, no one will ever find out your stupid." Im thinking you and Brandon should continue to listen to old folks.

crush17
09-17-2009, 01:14 PM
Gary Miller is with CBS 4, also hosts the morning show on AM1600, and is well liked and very experienced within the Denver Sports scene.

He's pretty much the Broncos insider for Denver (along w/Vic Lombardi) in my eyes.

He's been around forever, and even has John Elway, Ed McCaffery, Rod Smith, and Mike Lombardi as WEEKLY guests on his radio show.

Pretty stupid for Brandon to blow him off.

Popps
09-17-2009, 01:15 PM
Marshall will be ok. Dude loves to catch and run. He's posing right now to get the contract, but he has some good competetive spirit. Hell, Marshall gave it his all last Sunday.

:rofl:

TheDave
09-17-2009, 01:15 PM

You and I watched very different games then, because the marshall I saw last Sunday didn't resemble the one that caught 100+ balls the last 2 seasons.

Orange_Beard
09-17-2009, 01:16 PM
Just catch the ****ing ball. Act like a d-bag all you want, JUST CATCH THE ****ING BALL!

kamakazi_kal
09-17-2009, 01:16 PM
What do you want from the guy?

He's not allowed to say how he feels and he has to say somthing due to the media policy. I have a feeling he's in a no win situation with the Denver fans and media.

If he says the "right" things everyone will jump on him for lying. He says how he feels he gets suspended. He avoids the question he a d-bag.

How the entire offense sucking last week falls into the catagory of him "dogging it" is beyond me. If he was "dogging it" why would McD leave him in? Royal had like 2 receptions why not give him more targets? Fact is Marshall had the most targets on the team. Their was one pass that he dropped the rest were off target throws. Keep in mind dude was suspended and that was his first real action game speed.

BroncoMan4ever
09-17-2009, 01:17 PM

if sunday was his all, then he is NOT worth what he wants

Garcia Bronco
09-17-2009, 01:18 PM
If I were Brandon...I wouldn't talk to them either.

cousinal11
09-17-2009, 01:20 PM
I will definitely be watching him closely this week, as his body language last week was disturbing.

Pseudofool
09-17-2009, 01:23 PM
Acting like a dbag to some reporters asking pointed questions is perfectly fine by me. This is hardly a continuation of his antics that put off his teammates and coaches.

Reforming the dude's character isnt going to happen over night.

SoDak Bronco
09-17-2009, 01:25 PM
i hope we dump his ass in the offseason..if we can sucker some team (redskins) into a 1st rounder/2nd rounder and 4th..I would be happy.

TheDave
09-17-2009, 01:27 PM

He's not allowed to say how he feels and he has to say somthing due to the media policy. I have a feeling he's in a no win situation with the Denver fans and media.

If he says the "right" things everyone will jump on him for lying. He says how he feels he gets suspended. He avoids the question he a d-bag.

How the entire offense sucking last week falls into the catagory of him "dogging it" is beyond me. If he was "dogging it" why would McD leave him in? Royal had like 2 receptions why not give him more targets? Fact is Marshall had the most targets on the team. Their was one pass that he dropped the rest were off target throws. Keep in mind dude was suspended and that was his first real action game speed.

Watch the game again... Then tell me if he resembles the same guy who played in '07 or '08.

Something is wrong... Weather he is dogging it or just isn't the same player for some other reason, doesn't matter. Marshall has always been a guy that you put up with a certain amount of crap from because he was amazing on Sundays.

Last week was anything but amazing...

Now he is back to acting like a prick to the media along with getting into it with a reporter after the fact.

Cito Pelon
09-17-2009, 01:28 PM
All class, Brandon. All class.

I thought he did a good job of deflecting questions.

I don't see any reason to run this guy out of town in September.

Popps
09-17-2009, 01:30 PM
if sunday was his all, then he is NOT worth what he wants

I think he was kidding.

DomCasual
09-17-2009, 01:31 PM

Okay, let me try this:

"So, Brandon, did you have any making up to do with your teammates upon your return?"

I have a good relationship with my teammates. I don't want to say more about it than that. What goes on in the locker room is between them and me.

"So how close are you to being back to your Pro Bowl form?"

I'm working hard. Am I there? I don't know. I can say I'm doing my best to be there.

See how easy that is? He didn't say anything, but he also wasn't a distraction. Nobody would be talking about it.

Rabb
09-17-2009, 01:33 PM
Yeah because the way you interview is a direct indication of how you plan to play on the field.

Old folks used to say all the time..."If you never open your mouth up, no one will ever find out your stupid." Im thinking you and Brandon should continue to listen to old folks.

It is a general attitude that he has shown, if you cannot see that then you are dumber than your post.

My point is, I did not put any stock into him dogging it but with this attitude, it doesn't seem as far fetched since he is clearly intent on displaying that he is unhappy in any way possible.

Los Broncos
09-17-2009, 01:35 PM
More play and effort, less talking.

Cito Pelon
09-17-2009, 01:39 PM
Watch the game again... Then tell me if he resembles the same guy who played in '07 or '08.

Something is wrong... Weather he is dogging it or just isn't the same player for some other reason, doesn't matter. Marshall has always been a guy that you put up with a certain amount of crap from because he was amazing on Sundays.

Now he is back to acting like a prick to the media along with getting into it with a reporter after the fact.

I don't see any reason to hound the guy out of town in September.

You get hysterical. Relax, jeez.

DenverBrit
09-17-2009, 01:44 PM
He's not going to turn his attitude around on a dime, he's been in sulk mode for months and still didn't get his way.

He just needs to do his talking on the field and make plays if he wants a big new shiny contract......from Denver or any team.

Hopefully, that will sink in this week and last throughout the season.

TheDave
09-17-2009, 01:44 PM
I don't see any reason to hound the guy out of town in September.

You get hysterical. Relax, jeez.

Your desperate atteps to argue with me are funny... .

BM continues to be a problem and now his play isn't making up for it... that's not "hysterical" that's just stating the facts.

Orange_Beard
09-17-2009, 01:45 PM

I just want him to catch the ****ing ball when it hits in the hands, I don't give a crap if he talks or does not talk. Just CATCH THE ****ING BALL.

Man-Goblin
09-17-2009, 01:48 PM
It was definitely douchbagery. But I don't care as long as he performs.

Mr. Elway
09-17-2009, 01:48 PM
I am OK with it. He's in a tough spot and there's no quick way out. Frankly if he were acting like nothing had happened I would be more skeptical; obviously the situation this year has hit him hard.

I just want to see him working hard with the team, staying out trouble and producing on Sunday. He is still a Bronco and a damn talented one. He has screwed up a bunch for not enough for me to consider him a lost cause. I am still pulling for him.

Rabb
09-17-2009, 01:50 PM
people keep saying "if he performs he can say what he wants" and I agree 100% with that, he just has to start performing first

supermanhr9
09-17-2009, 01:51 PM
oH MAN,, THIS OUGHT TO BE INTERESTING. I really want to know what Gary had to say. If I was Champ, I'd go over there and say listen punk, you've made 1 pro-bowl, and that's because we had no running game to use. Let's line up just me and you. If you can catch as many passes in a row as I've made probowls, I'll re-structure my contract to get you a better deal.

I would pay so much money to watch something like that

broncosteven
09-17-2009, 01:51 PM

I don't think anyone was special Sunday, they couldn't run the ball, Orton could not sustain drives, everyone including Stokely and Royal had at least one drop.

If he still looks like crap and is dogging the media after week 6 then there is a problem.

Give the O a few weeks for Ortons finger to heal and the team to gell.

Cito Pelon
09-17-2009, 01:56 PM
Your desperate atteps to argue with me are funny... .

BM continues to be a problem and now his play isn't making up for it... that's not "hysterical" that's just stating the facts.

Who got double-coverage on the last gasp play at Cincy?

Brandon Marshall.

Why did he get double-coverage?

Because he had been the most worrisome receiver all day, and had been the most targeted receiver all day.

You gotta know what you're talking about, I've been telling you this for years.

no-pseudo-fan
09-17-2009, 01:58 PM
We don't know the whole story. If he wants to give cookie cutter answers, fine. Most do anyway. He doesn't want to speak with the media that thinks he is dogging it, to people that have bashed him, I don't blame him.

BroncoMan4ever
09-17-2009, 02:00 PM
oH MAN,, THIS OUGHT TO BE INTERESTING. I really want to know what Gary had to say. If I was Champ, I'd go over there and say listen punk, you've made 1 pro-bowl, and that's because we had no running game to use. Let's line up just me and you. If you can catch as many passes in a row as I've made probowls, I'll re-structure my contract to get you a better deal.

I would pay so much money to watch something like that

Marshall may be acting like a giant douche, but there is no chance in hell he would ever be dumb enough to risk millions on beating Champ 8 consecutive times.

Cito Pelon
09-17-2009, 02:05 PM
I am OK with it. He's in a tough spot and there's no quick way out. Frankly if he were acting like nothing had happened I would be more skeptical; obviously the situation this year has hit him hard.

I just want to see him working hard with the team, staying out trouble and producing on Sunday. He is still a Bronco and a damn talented one. He has screwed up a bunch for not enough for me to consider him a lost cause. I am still pulling for him.

There is no way at all to rationally condemn Marshall over these comments.

I'm not a big Marshall guy, but I'm fair.

ColoradoBuff
09-17-2009, 02:05 PM
It was definitely douchbagery. But I don't care as long as he performs.

i agree!

TheDave
09-17-2009, 02:06 PM

Brandon Marshall.

Because he had been the most worrisome receiver all day, and had been the most targeted receiver all day.

For years?... sorry boss but the first time I knew you existed was a couple of weeks ago. Not sure who you've been talking to, but it wasn't me.

Again... put on the tape. You tell me if that guy resembles the kid who played in '07 or '08. When he goes back to that production then he will be worth the some of the trouble he causes.

That's pretty simple to understand... even for you.

supermanhr9
09-17-2009, 02:08 PM
I know but I was just sayin, that would be cool

oubronco
09-17-2009, 02:09 PM
Why is he acting like a douchebag? Because he doesn't want to talk to the media hell maybe he doesn't want to rehash all the bullspit ever think of that, it sounded like he was trying to talk about the game this week

TheDave
09-17-2009, 02:11 PM
I don't think anyone was special Sunday, they couldn't run the ball, Orton could not sustain drives, everyone including Stokely and Royal had at least one drop.

If he still looks like crap and is dogging the media after week 6 then there is a problem.

Problem is we haven't seen anything out of him since last season... Between his court case, suspension, and the dreaded "He's not ready to play" we haven't seen anything positive out of him since the San Diego game.

With all the troubel he causes he doesn't get 6 weeks to prove himself... JMO

Taco John
09-17-2009, 02:11 PM
Frankly, I think he did the right thing. I think his best line is, "I'm not talking to the media right now - it's a distraction that I don't need. Thanks for your concern, but it's a dead issue to me while I focus on helping this team win."

Players should hire me as media counsel. :)

BroncoInferno
09-17-2009, 02:13 PM

Were you at the game on Sunday? If not, how do you know Marshall was dogging it? I'm not asking to be a smartass. I don't know if Marshall was dogging it or not. But it just seems hard to me to tell if a WR if dogging it by watching on TV since receivers generally only appear on screen when the ball is thrown their way.

Taco John
09-17-2009, 02:14 PM
Okay, let me try this:

"So, Brandon, did you have any making up to do with your teammates upon your return?"

I have a good relationship with my teammates. I don't want to say more about it than that. What goes on in the locker room is between them and me.

"So how close are you to being back to your Pro Bowl form?"

I'm working hard. Am I there? I don't know. I can say I'm doing my best to be there.

See how easy that is? He didn't say anything, but he also wasn't a distraction. Nobody would be talking about it.

That's too many different thoughts for Marshall. He needs one consice line that he can say and then leave. If he has to answer questions, his emotions will get the best of him, and he'll end up screwing it up.

TheDave
09-17-2009, 02:16 PM
Were you at the game on Sunday? If not, how do you know Marshall was dogging it? I'm not asking to be a smartass. I don't know if Marshall was dogging it or not. But it just seems hard to me to tell if a WR if dogging it by watching on TV since receivers generally only appear on screen when the ball is thrown their way.

Reread what I said...

Weather he is dogging it or just isn't the same player for some other reason

I don't know what his problem is... to be honest, I don't care either.

Taco John
09-17-2009, 02:18 PM
I think the biggest problem is that he's rusty right now, but the media need something to talk about and egging Marshall on is easy to do. Basically, he's a baby TO.

BroncoInferno
09-17-2009, 02:19 PM
Reread what I said...

I don't know what his problem is... to be honest, I don't care either.

Fair enough. But to be fair, we are only talking about one regular season game here. He is not going to catch 8 balls for 100 yards every week. As others have pointed out, Royal only caught 2 balls and no one is questioning his effort or whether or not he's lost it's form. If he has a couple of more weeks like that, then it's fair to start questioning those things IMO. That said, I am fed up with the off the field BS just like everyone else.

Cito Pelon
09-17-2009, 02:19 PM
He's not going to turn his attitude around on a dime, he's been in sulk mode for months and still didn't get his way.

He just needs to do his talking on the field and make plays if he wants a big new shiny contract......from Denver or any team.

Hopefully, that will sink in this week and last throughout the season.

If you guys want to bag on Marshall, that's fine with me. I think it's a mistake.

TheDave
09-17-2009, 02:24 PM
Fair enough. But to be fair, we are only talking about one regular season game here. He is not going to catch 8 balls for 100 yards every week. As others have pointed out, Royal only caught 2 balls and no one is questioning his effort or whether or not he's lost it's form. If he has a couple of more weeks like that, then it's fair to start questioning those things IMO. That said, I am fed up with the off the field BS just like everyone else.

Don't forget the 4 preseason games that he couldn't play because he was either in court, suspended or left off the team plane... Oh, and the practices where he was relegated to the scout team for his effort -OR- the famous punting the ball practice.

IMO, questioning Marshall and his effort is a logical thing to do right now.

DomCasual
09-17-2009, 02:26 PM
I think he just needs to start referring to himself in the third person.

cmhargrove
09-17-2009, 02:26 PM
I don't care what he says right now.

As a matter of fact - him just shutting up might be the best thing ever.
Just catch the damn ball and take your $2 mil.. No one feels sorry for you Brandon - you signed the contract.

DenverBrit
09-17-2009, 02:27 PM
If you guys want to bag on Marshall, that's fine with me. I think it's a mistake.

Not really 'bagging' on BM, more like stating the obvious.

The team really needs his production and presence on the field.

I'd like to see him come around and get back to his usual self and show he's worth the big contract.

BroncoInferno
09-17-2009, 02:27 PM
Don't forget the 4 preseason games that he couldn't play because he was either in court, suspended or left off the team plane... Oh, and the practices where he was relegated to the scout team for his effort -OR- the famous punting the ball practice.

IMO, questioning Marshall and his effort is a logical thing to do right now.
I guess I just find it hard to believe that a truly lazy player could catch 100 balls two straight seasons. Typically, a lazy player will not last long in the NFL, no matter how talented. If he really does dog it in practice then it's quite a testament to his raw phyical ability that he is not only able to stick in the league but perform at a Pro Bowl level to boot.

Cito Pelon
09-17-2009, 02:30 PM
Who did McD target on that long out on the final drive?

Brandon Marshall.

Who did Cincy double-cover on the final drive?

Brandon Marshall.

I'm gonna give the guy a chance to redeem himself. I'm not gonna condemn him in September.

TheDave
09-17-2009, 02:31 PM
I guess I just find it hard to believe that a truly lazy player could catch 100 balls two straight seasons. Typically, a lazy player will not last long in the NFL, no matter how talented. If he really does dog it in practice then it's quite a testament to his raw phyical ability that he is not only able to stick in the league but perform at a Pro Bowl level to boot.

and thats why I said in several different posts that this isn't the same kid who played in '07 or '08... He has his head placed firmly up his ass right now and I haven't seen any signs of him removing it.

Anaximines
09-17-2009, 02:31 PM
The media all think they're so important. They always get all bent out of shape at stuff like this and expect people to be on their side and get mad at the players too. Who cares, just play. I don't need to hear Marshall BS about how he's getting along with his teammates.

BroncoInferno
09-17-2009, 02:36 PM
and thats why I said in several different posts that this isn't the same kid who played in '07 or '08... He has his head placed firmly up his ass right now and I haven't seen any signs of him removing it.
True enough. It's certainly possible that Marshall always had lazy work habits, especially if we are to believe the reports that Shanny was planning to give him the boot in part for that very reason. Very few players can get away with that and still produce at a high level on gameday. One of the few examples I can think of is Randy Moss, but he is one of the most physically gifted WRs in the history of the game. Marshall's raw talent would have to be in Moss territory for him to have lazy work habits and still perform at a Pro bowl level. That said, as you stated he did not even play in the preseason, so we literally have only one game to go on since the close of the '08 season. IMO I simply don't see how that is enough to speculate that he's not the same player anymore. Every receiver has a handful of games per season with subpar production.

broncosteven
09-17-2009, 02:37 PM

Lets see how he does vs Cleveland.

He is leading the team in catches, just not yards...

Cito Pelon
09-17-2009, 02:40 PM

I'd like to see him come around and get back to his usual self and show he's worth the big contract.

Yah, I know you're not bagging on him, but I get a little tired of the piling on the guy.

It's like the guy can do nothing right even when he tries to be right.

lex
09-17-2009, 02:48 PM
Meh, nothing to see here. It doesnt really matter if he is mean to the local media if he produces. It almost seems to me like Marshall might be lashing out at whoever is trying to program him on what to say, though. When you think about it, its silly that the NFL has a policy that forces them to talk to reporters but then theyre not allowed to answer those questions honestly.

gyldenlove
09-17-2009, 02:50 PM

Why should he do that? he already did it twice and still got shafted, he knows that unless a new CBA is in place he is in line for a 2.5 million RFA tender no matter what he does and if a new CBA is somehow negotiated he will get a franchise tender instead.

gyldenlove
09-17-2009, 02:53 PM
Meh, nothing to see here. It doesnt really matter if he is mean to the local media if he produces. It almost seems to me like Marshall might be lashing out at whoever is trying to program him on what to say, though. When you think about it, its silly that the NFL has a policy that forces them to talk to reporters but then theyre not allowed to answer those questions honestly.

I don't see how what he did was a bad thing.

He didn't say anything bad about Denver, the Broncos, the coaches, the players, he didn't say anything about his contract or his status with the team.

In terms of the lockerroom I think that was about the best thing he could do short of having it all deteriorate into a next question type thing. He has to talk to the media, but he doesn't have to say anything.

Rock Chalk
09-17-2009, 02:55 PM

Brandon Marshall.

Yeah thats why Cincy had rolled the double coverage to Royal all day long.

Brandon wasn't being doubled on that last play moron. It was a deep out route when Cincy was protecting the deep ball so the safeties knew it was going deep and to the sidelines. Each covered one, Stokely was down there too which brought the third defender.

Popcorn Sutton
09-17-2009, 03:01 PM
I wish the NFL would easy up on the media requirements. I don't know about you guys but I'd be fine talking to the media from time to time. If I was pissed about something (no matter what it was) the last thing I'd want to do is talk to a bunch of media hounds. I don't condone the majority of Brandon Marshall's behavior but it does seem like being required to speak to the media every week is a little crazy. Let him work through his issues and let time heal some of the wounds. I guess the NFL feels it's what sells tickets and keeps the fans engaged.

c_lazy_r
09-17-2009, 03:07 PM
Why can't this guy work as hard as Rod Smith? Man, just think how good he'd be...damn.

broncosteven
09-17-2009, 03:11 PM

Brandon wasn't being doubled on that last play moron. It was a deep out route when Cincy was protecting the deep ball so the safeties knew it was going deep and to the sidelines. Each covered one, Stokely was down there too which brought the third defender.

And the ball was underthrown, if you can say a pass thrown 56 yards in the air is underthrown.

gyldenlove
09-17-2009, 03:18 PM
And the ball was underthrown, if you can say a pass thrown 56 yards in the air is underthrown.

If they guy you are aiming for is 70 yards away then 56 is badly underthrown n'est ce pas?

DenverBrit
09-17-2009, 03:18 PM
Why should he do that? he already did it twice and still got shafted, he knows that unless a new CBA is in place he is in line for a 2.5 million RFA tender no matter what he does and if a new CBA is somehow negotiated he will get a franchise tender instead.

So as his new agent, you'd recommend he continue to dog his way through the season....and maybe the next season?

15 police run ins, suspensions and injury, that's what's keeping BM from a new deal......adding attitude isn't going to help.

He needs to get back on the field and be productive. It's that simple!

gyldenlove
09-17-2009, 03:22 PM
So as his new agent, you'd recommend he continue to dog his way through the season....and maybe the next season?

15 police run ins, suspensions and injury, that's what's keeping BM from a new deal......adding attitude isn't going to help.

As his agent I would hit him on the head with a rolled up newspaper every day until he has gone 365 days without being in the back of a police cruiser, and I would tell him not to get injured for any reason other than winning a super bowl and to not antagonize a single person in or around pro football.

As a Broncos fan I would tell him to get his ass in gear and start making plays.

DenverBrit
09-17-2009, 03:26 PM
As his agent I would hit him on the head with a rolled up newspaper every day until he has gone 365 days without being in the back of a police cruiser, and I would tell him not to get injured for any reason other than winning a super bowl and to not antagonize a single person in or around pro football.

As a Broncos fan I would tell him to get his ass in gear and start making plays.

Good advice all around. ;D

Who was this guy?? Ha!

Cito Pelon
09-17-2009, 03:27 PM
Why is he acting like a douchebag? Because he doesn't want to talk to the media hell maybe he doesn't want to rehash all the bullspit ever think of that, it sounded like he was trying to talk about the game this week

Yup.

outdoor_miner
09-17-2009, 03:31 PM
I have little sympathy for the media. In general, they love to blow things up out of proportion, invent controversy (or milk a controversy of every last little drop), and then get mad when someone doesn't like it. Of course, Brandon is no angel, so there is that, too.

I actually kinda think it's funny that he was answering the questions with something completely unrelated to the topic. Marshall is clearly a head case, but in this instance, I don't really have a problem with his actions.

Ambiguous
09-17-2009, 03:35 PM

Everybody says this every year about the particular thing we suck at in the beginning, and we always get worse and never 'gell'.

I'm going to say they are awful (yes, the collective offense) until they prove to me they are, in fact, not awful.

Cito Pelon
09-17-2009, 03:37 PM
For years?... sorry boss but the first time I knew you existed was a couple of weeks ago. Not sure who you've been talking to, but it wasn't me.

Again... put on the tape. You tell me if that guy resembles the kid who played in '07 or '08. When he goes back to that production then he will be worth the some of the trouble he causes.

How ya doing, Dave? You have a short memory.

Gort
09-17-2009, 03:47 PM
somehow this is McPoopy's fault or Orton's noodle-arm's fault. i just know it. i don't see it yet, but i'm sure the answer is right there in front of me. can somebody please help me... spin this so that it's both McPoopy's fault and work in some relevant content about Orton's noodle-arm. also, extra credit for an appearance by the gutless drunk owner. somebody? anybody? bueller??

Cito Pelon
09-17-2009, 03:50 PM

IMO, qsel. uestioning Marshall and his effort is a logical thing to do right now.

Back off. All you do is snivel.

Popcorn Sutton
09-17-2009, 03:51 PM
somehow this is McPoopy's fault or Orton's noodle-arm's fault. i just know it. i don't see it yet, but i'm sure the answer is right there in front of me. can somebody please help me... spin this so that it's both McPoopy's fault and work in some relevant content about Orton's noodle-arm. also, extra credit for an appearance by the gutless drunk owner. somebody? anybody? bueller??

It's McPoopy's fault because Shanahan would have given him a contract by now accoring to Mock.

It's Orton's fault because Brandon is pissed that his production will drop because of his noodle arm.

It's the Gutless drunks fault because he hired McPoopyface which started the whole series of events.

;D

gyldenlove
09-17-2009, 03:54 PM
Good advice all around. ;D

Who was this guy?? Ha!

The devils advocate, it is too easy to look at things from our outside perspective and not consider how things look to Marshall.

maher_tyler
09-17-2009, 03:56 PM
More play and effort, less talking.

The more he acts like an ass clown the more the media is going to want to talk to him and interview him!! The media FEEDS off of stuff like this and they will run wild with it. Look at TO!!

Popcorn Sutton
09-17-2009, 03:56 PM
The more he acts like an ass clown the more the media is going to want to talk to him and interview him!! The media FEEDS off of stuff like this and they will run wild with it. Look at TO!!

Bingo.

Gort
09-17-2009, 03:57 PM
It's McPoopy's fault because Shanahan would have given him a contract by now accoring to Mock.

It's Orton's fault because Brandon is pissed that his production will drop because of his noodle arm.

It's the Gutless drunks fault because he hired McPoopyface which started the whole series of events.

;D

ohh, that's it.

is it safe for me to hate McPoopy, Bowlen's liver, and Orton's noodle-arm, now?

oh, and to all the blatantly pro-Broncos media people out there... leave Brandon alone...

http://media1.clipaday.com/embed/m_videos/thumbs/britney_alone_88u3.jpg

he just wants to get paid. and maybe hit a b**** or two.

i also heard a rumor that Bowlen's liver was spotted on the grassy knoll in the zapruder film.

maher_tyler
09-17-2009, 04:04 PM

I get what your saying but that was his first action this year...he didn't play one snap of the pre-season. If he looks like that in week 6, than yea, there is a big problem! I'm more of a wait and see kinda guy, jumping to conclusions will get you in trouble!

DenverBrit
09-17-2009, 04:08 PM
The devils advocate, it is too easy to look at things from our outside perspective and not consider how things look to Marshall.

If you're going to get inside Marshall's head, you'd better send a canary in first. ;D

Cito Pelon
09-17-2009, 04:09 PM

Alec, don't be a McBuff.

Cito Pelon
09-17-2009, 04:23 PM
I see too much bagging on the guy now he's back in the fold. Seems like many of you want to run him out of town. Marshall is back in the fold, trying to fit in, but he can do no right it seems like. Give the guy a chance.

maher_tyler
09-17-2009, 04:37 PM
I see too much bagging on the guy now he's back in the fold. Seems like many of you want to run him out of town. Marshall is back in the fold, trying to fit in, but he can do no right it seems like. Give the guy a chance.

The fans are tired of giving him chances...i think everyone is. If he had no past of getting in trouble and injuries...he WOULD have a new contract by now!! But that's not the case...if he can't ever prove he can stay out of trouble etc. he will never get the money he wants!! It's that simple, it's to bad he doesn't get that!!

TheDave
09-17-2009, 04:52 PM
Back off. All you do is snivel.

Wow... great argument. :thumbs:

Sassy
09-17-2009, 04:55 PM

Fitting in by blowing off media (for the most part) and looking like he could care less on the field...yeah, that really shows me he wants to be in Denver. Hasn't he had enough chances already? How many is enough?

UberBroncoMan
09-17-2009, 04:59 PM
The OP made this seem much bigger than it really is... he didn't yell, curse, etc.

I don't find anything wrong with what Marshall did. He gave out some generic weekly answers and then went on his way. The less he's around reporters the better. All they ever do is bring up his stats, contract ****, etc, and make things even worse in an attempt to stir the pot for some news.

TheDave
09-17-2009, 05:06 PM
I get what your saying but that was his first action this year...he didn't play one snap of the pre-season. If he looks like that in week 6, than yea, there is a big problem! I'm more of a wait and see kinda guy, jumping to conclusions will get you in trouble!

I've been waiting and seeing BM's act for 3 years now. For me the last straw was the practice before he got suspended...

Keep in mind he didn't play a snap of preseason because of a court case, being told not to accompany the tea to seattle and then being suspended for the final 2 games.

Personally, I'm just sick and tired of his act

ScottXray
09-17-2009, 05:42 PM
I'll wait and see. He needs to turn it on, and by no later than game 4, and preferably earlier.

If he plays like last Sunday another three games, then move him down the depth chart to third string and start people that WANT to do well.

OBF1
09-17-2009, 05:48 PM
you are kidding me guys. Brandon does not want to talk to the media about his suspension and he is a douchebag for it??? The circus will never end will it?

Ratboy
09-17-2009, 05:48 PM
I don't care what he says right now.

As a matter of fact - him just shutting up might be the best thing ever.
Just catch the damn ball and take your $2 mil.. No one feels sorry for you Brandon - you signed the contract.

Here we go with the "You signed the contract!" bull****.

Why don't you say the same thing when players get cut?

The teams signed the contract too, they need to honor also.

Br0nc0Buster
09-17-2009, 05:52 PM
Here we go with the "You signed the contract!" bull****.

Why don't you say the same thing when players get cut?

The teams signed the contract too, they need to honor also.

They do
Its called guaranteed money

Ratboy
09-17-2009, 05:53 PM
This board amazes me.

Brandon Marshall could stop world hunger and somebody would complain that they didn't get enough food.

Taco John
09-17-2009, 06:26 PM
This board amazes me.

Brandon Marshall could stop world hunger and somebody would complain that they didn't get enough food.

I don't like fish.

Flex Gunmetal
09-17-2009, 06:35 PM
They do
Its called guaranteed money

lol

Quoydogs
09-17-2009, 06:35 PM
This board amazes me.

[I] think what has happened here is that because of all the issues with marshall right now he has zero wiggle room. If Eddy or Champ had done the same thing it would have come off as funny, but meaning Marshall is in the dog house already he just should not screw around and act like a mature adult and answer the question asked of him with a responsible answer.

A better answer would be a simple yes, no or even I am not going to discuss this with the media I am here to talk about next week. Do you have any question about next week.

atomicbloke
09-17-2009, 06:43 PM
I am scared of things blowing over with BM and affecting the team chemistry. Why didn't we ship him off to the Jets when we had the chance? We are a rebuilding team, we could do with a high pick and/or a ILB.

mizzoutigers
09-17-2009, 06:49 PM
just wait until he has a monstrous 3 TD game and dominates, everyone on here will be singing his praises and talking about an extension. in the nfl, it boils down to one thing, production and wins

Lev Vyvanse
09-17-2009, 06:52 PM
just wait until he has a monstrous 3 TD game and dominates, everyone on here will be singing his praises and talking about an extension. in the nfl, it boils down to one thing, production and wins

That my friend is two things.

mizzoutigers
09-17-2009, 06:56 PM
very true, added one on there. i believe both are true though :)

rastaman
09-17-2009, 07:11 PM

Yeah b/c the way you interview is a direct indication on whether you are a Happy Camper. The media needs to understand that they can't continue to push the envelope. If a player doesn't feel like interviewing one week.....give him a break! Its not like Brandon got the winning TD or put up great stats in weak 1. More than likely...Gary (whatever his name) was looking for gossip and drama, just so possible his story/interview would get top billing/attention. Gary is an "Attention Media Whore"

Old folks used to say all the time....."If you don't have anything nice to say---simple don't say anything at all!"

rastaman
09-17-2009, 07:17 PM
[I] think what has happened here is that because of all the issues with marshall right now he has zero wiggle room. If Eddy or Champ had done the same thing it would have come off as funny, but meaning Marshall is in the dog house already he just should not screw around and act like a mature adult and answer the question asked of him with a responsible answer.

You can't put Marshall in the dog house or suspend him for not interviewing with the media! His job is to go out and play the game.....not to deal with whores in the media who are looking to score a controversial interview.

A better answer would be a simple yes, no or even I am not going to discuss this with the media I am here to talk about next week. Do you have any question about next week.

No he doesn't! What....are the media-interviewers that "Thick" and stupid? How about the media just give Brandon some SPACE!

rastaman
09-17-2009, 07:22 PM
I'll wait and see. He needs to turn it on, and by no later than game 4, and preferably earlier.

If he plays like last Sunday another three games, then move him down the depth chart to third string and start people that WANT to do well.

Yep! Brandon had better get busy learning how to pass the ball to himself....b/c the Jury is still out if Orton can even thread the needle to get BMarsh the ball to be successful!

How about Benching Orton if by game 4 he hasn't shown any improvement as well!!!

rastaman
09-17-2009, 07:27 PM

I'd say Brandon needs to stay out of trouble in 09, 010, and 011 more than he needs to return to his 07 and 08 performance levels during the next 3 years.

Remember, Brandon earns big money over the course of having 12-16 year career......staying healthy and longevity is where you earn the big bucks.

SouthStndJunkie
09-17-2009, 07:31 PM
Marshall looked like he did not give a **** out there on the field last week.

rastaman
09-17-2009, 07:35 PM
It is a general attitude that he has shown, if you cannot see that then you are dumber than your post.

My point is, I did not put any stock into him dogging it but with this attitude, it doesn't seem as far fetched since he is clearly intent on displaying that he is unhappy in any way possible.

And so its obvious the fans are unhappy about Bmarsh....and Bmarsh is un happy......so what! Let Brandon alone and who knows he might be able to return to a shadow of his former self......despite having a QB that's dogging out on the field.;)

maher_tyler
09-17-2009, 07:37 PM
I've been waiting and seeing BM's act for 3 years now. For me the last straw was the practice before he got suspended...

Keep in mind he didn't play a snap of preseason because of a court case, being told not to accompany the tea to seattle and then being suspended for the final 2 games.

Personally, I'm just sick and tired of his act

I hear ya...but the fact is that that was his first action so he prolly isn't going to look all that great. Was he practicing with the team during the suspention? I'm not making excuses for him, i'm just giving him the benifit of the doubt in this situation. If he looks the same for the next few game as well, then i believe we have a problem!!

rastaman
09-17-2009, 07:37 PM
Marshall looked like he did not give a **** out there on the field last week.

Orton looked like he stole money out there last week! If Brandon's QB continues to stink up the joint......how is it that Marshall is going to return to his 07 or 08 levels of play???

rastaman
09-17-2009, 07:39 PM
I hear ya...but the fact is that that was his first action so he prolly isn't going to look all that great. Was he practicing with the team during the suspention? I'm not making excuses for him, i'm just giving him the benifit of the doubt in this situation. If he looks the same for the next few game as well, then i believe we have a problem!!

If Orton continues to play like he did for the next few games......we will have a problem and so will the Defense b/c they're going to get awfully tired staying out on the field b/c Orton can't convert 3rd downs or sustain drives b/c he's DOGGING IT OUT THERE!!!!:strong:

rastaman
09-17-2009, 07:42 PM
:rofl:

Orton has been giving it his all in training camp, preseason and in week 1....and thats whats so scary!:P

SouthStndJunkie
09-17-2009, 07:44 PM
Orton looked like he stole money out there last week! If Brandon's QB continues to stink up the joint......how is it that Marshall is going to return to his 07 or 08 levels of play???

I am not necessarily talking about production, as I am things like body language.

He just did not look into it at all.

ScottXray
09-17-2009, 08:48 PM
Yep! Brandon had better get busy learning how to pass the ball to himself....b/c the Jury is still out if Orton can even thread the needle to get BMarsh the ball to be successful!

How about Benching Orton if by game 4 he hasn't shown any improvement as well!!!

I'd go for that too. We need the players on the field that will produce and execute.

If BM doesn't perform then bench him( and I don't care if he was a first or fourth round pick, he's starting so he is supposed to be the best we have in that position). If Orton doesn't perform then bench him. I'm not married to Orton or anyone else that is underperforming..

Actually the entire offense was out of sync last week, so I won't pick any ONE player out. Drops by a LOT of people hurt last week, and Orton could have thrown it better. Orton had the finger and glove , so hopefully he gets better, and doesn't get our receivers jacked up. BM had the WORST drop, but the least practice, and hopefully He gets better.

If either doesn't get it done then he's hurting the team by staying out there.

ScottXray
09-17-2009, 08:50 PM

By CATCHING the passes that Orton does get to him. He dropped his first pass (left flat WR screen) and that 50+ yard bomb. The second hurt, a lot as it probably took points off our board we would have had.

maher_tyler
09-17-2009, 08:51 PM
If Orton continues to play like he did for the next few games......we will have a problem and so will the Defense b/c they're going to get awfully tired staying out on the field b/c Orton can't convert 3rd downs or sustain drives b/c he's DOGGING IT OUT THERE!!!!:strong:

How many dropped passes did we have anyway?? I hear what yer saying but those guys need to catch the ball..if it hits your hands, its a catchable ball.

Larry Fitz makes that catch that went through BM's hands!

Little44
09-17-2009, 08:52 PM
Brandon needs to hire a PR firm to give him some guidance. He just can't help but make a bad situation worse. What a douche

Popps
09-17-2009, 09:51 PM
Orton has been giving it his all in training camp, preseason and in week 1....and thats whats so scary!:P

No dude, he was talking about Marshall. He said Marshall was "giving his all out there," which I assume had to be sarcasm.

elsid13
09-18-2009, 03:47 AM
I don't like fish.

Not even in fish tacos?

rastaman
09-18-2009, 04:53 AM
How many dropped passes did we have anyway?? I hear what yer saying but those guys need to catch the ball..if it hits your hands, its a catchable ball.

Larry Fitz makes that catch that went through BM's hands!

Larry Fritz drops his share of passes as well. No WR is perfect and they are going to have their days of disappointments.

rastaman
09-18-2009, 04:55 AM
Brandon needs to hire a PR firm to give him some guidance. He just can't help but make a bad situation worse. What a douche

Will the PR firm work for free! I understand Bmarsh is a little lite in the wallet due to the slave wages the Broncos are paying him! ROFL!

TailgateNut
09-18-2009, 07:32 AM
Will the PR firm work for free! I understand Bmarsh is a little lite in the wallet due to the slave wages the Broncos are paying him! ROFL!

I think that is due to the "stupid factor" which has infected BM.

Play smart, act smart and don't beat on any women and he'll have his "pay-day". .....and I don't blame the Bronco one iota for not gambling on this assclown quite yet.

colonelbeef
09-18-2009, 07:50 AM
I'm telling you, he knows that his numbers are going to be horrible with Orton at QB, and he wants to get a new contract off of last years' #s instead. This is just a business move, nothing more. He could not care less what the fans think (like all football players), he wants money.

jhns
09-18-2009, 08:01 AM
What exaclty are people crying about when it comes to this interview? I don't get it. Is it better if he answers the questions and tells everyone how he really feels?

Bronco fans just like to cry now.

CEH
09-18-2009, 08:06 AM
What exaclty are people crying about when it comes to this interview? I don't get it. Is it better if he answers the questions and tells everyone how he really feels?

Correct

Rod Smith was just on Vic and Gary said Brandon handled his interview perfectly

Whatever is wrong with Brandon we will get it fixed
Brandon's body lanaguge is bad and needs to work on the swagger and his smile. Rod's hip bothered him for 3 years.

Popcorn Sutton
09-18-2009, 08:10 AM

It boils down to maturity. Is it really so hard to say "Look, I'm very unhappy with my contract situation but like Anquan Boldin, Richard Seymour, Vincent Wilfork and many others, I am going to play my ass off on the field because this is what I love to do." That doesn't mean I am going to act like Mary Poppins out here but I respect my teammates and I'm going to do whatever it takes to help win games. That is the last I'll say on the subject."

If he would say something of this sort the reporters would be off his back in a week or two. He is acting the way he is to continue the drama and keep the attention pointed squarely at him.

Popcorn Sutton
09-18-2009, 08:11 AM
Correct

Rod Smith was just on Vic and Gary said Brandon handled his interview perfectly

Whatever is wrong with Brandon we will get it fixed
Brandon's body lanaguge is bad and needs to work on the swagger and his smile. Rod's hip bothered him for 3 years.

Seriously, he said perfectly?

TailgateNut
09-18-2009, 08:11 AM
It boils down to maturity which is something that you probably won't understand. Is it really so hard to say "Look, I'm very unhappy with my contract situation but like Anquan Boldin, Richard Seymour, Vincent Wilfork and many others, I am going to play my ass off on the field because this is what I love to do." That doesn't mean I am going to act like Mary Poppins out here but I respect my teammates and I'm going to do whatever it takes to help win games. That is the last I'll say on the subject."

If he would say something of this sort the reporters would be off his back in a week or two. He is acting the way he is to continue the drama and keep the attention pointed squarely at him.

:thanku:

Send a copy of this post to BM and have someone interpret it for the clown.

jhns
09-18-2009, 08:15 AM
It boils down to maturity. Is it really so hard to say "Look, I'm very unhappy with my contract situation but like Anquan Boldin, Richard Seymour, Vincent Wilfork and many others, I am going to play my ass off on the field because this is what I love to do." That doesn't mean I am going to act like Mary Poppins out here but I respect my teammates and I'm going to do whatever it takes to help win games. That is the last I'll say on the subject."

So you want him to say this after every question? I have seen this kind of response and then the next 15 questions are still the exact same. They will continue trying to dig something up. As long as he doesn't have a contract, this questioning will contnue no matter how he answers. He may not have been real mature but he did exactly what he is supposed to do.

CEH
09-18-2009, 08:18 AM
Seriously, he said perfectly?

No he actually said something to the effect "Don't give the media an opportunity to spin your words"
I won't try to recreate it as I wasn't sitting here typing as they talked
I'm sure it will be up on their website sometime today.
Bottomline is Rod agreed that Brandons' interview was just fine

Popcorn Sutton
So you want him to say this after every question? I have saeen this kind of response and then the next 15 questions are still the exact same. They will continue trying to digg something up. As long as he doesn't have a contract, this questioning will contnue no matter how he answers.

No, just once. After he's said his peace he can say look, I already answered that question. Can we talk about next weeks games?

This happens all the time in interviews and the player/coach answer the question once and they shrug off the rest of the questions.

lod01
Starting with the OP and continuing thru this thread, there are a ton of clueless idiots. Marshall just can't win with you tards can he? Writers trying to goad him into talking about issues not even related to the game and he avoids the questions and he's the docuhe? I submit that you all are the douches.

Popcorn Sutton
09-18-2009, 08:19 AM
No he actually said something to the effect "Don't give the media an opportunity to spin your words"
I won't try to recreate it as I wasn't sitting here typing as they talked
I'm sure it will be up on their website sometime today.
Bottomline is Rod agreed that Brandons' interview was just fine

I'll take it over what he could have done. Was it the worst thing he could do? Not by a long shot. But he still hasn't shown much maturity in handling this situation.

meangene
09-18-2009, 08:20 AM
There is a way to conduct yourself in an interview. I personally don't care whether he wants to talk about his suspension, his feelings or his relationship with his teammates. He needed to just say right up front that he was only going to discuss the upcoming game and then respond to questions about that. Instead, he gave stock answers which were not responsive to the questions asked in a pouty, obnoxious, petulant manner. His demeanor and body language looked like they did on the field last Sunday. I was willing to attribute his performance to rust and lack of practice time, but, after seeing this attitude I really am beginning to wonder. If he thinks he can just go through the motions this year and get a big deal after the season he is sadly mistaken and even more stupid than I thought. Dude better start performing and better start now or he could be watching his whole career going down the toilet.

Popcorn Sutton
09-18-2009, 08:24 AM
There is a way to conduct yourself in an interview. I personally don't care whether he wants to talk about his suspension, his feelings or his relationship with his teammates. He needed to just say right up front that he was only going to discuss the upcoming game and then respond to questions about that. Instead, he gave stock answers which were not responsive to the questions asked in a pouty, obnoxious, petulant manner. His demeanor and body language looked like they did on the field last Sunday. I was willing to attribute his performance to rust and lack of practice time, but, after seeing this attitude I really am beginning to wonder. If he thinks he can just go through the motions this year and get a big deal after the season he is sadly mistaken and even more stupid than I thought. Dude better start performing and better start now or he could be watching his whole career going down the toilet.

Agreed. There were several avenues he could have taken. It wouldn't have bothered me one bit if he came out and said "I'm straight up frustrated about my contract and that's not going to change. However, I still love to play football and that's what I plan to do. I'm not going to answer any more questions on this topic, let's talk about the upcoming game." If the reporters keep prying I'd be in full support of him giving stock answers and blowing them off.

CEH
09-18-2009, 08:24 AM
The main point of Smith's inteview was that Shannon called him last weekend and did not like his body language during the game and they need to work on that. Brandon needs to represent himself and the Broncos well and get his swagger back along with his big smile.

Popcorn Sutton
09-18-2009, 08:26 AM
The main point of Smith's inteview was that Shannon called him last weekend and did not like his body language during the game and they need to work on that. Brandon needs to represent himself and the Broncos well and get his swagger back along with his big smile.

Good to hear that Shannon saw the same thing. Thanks for posting.

TailgateNut
09-18-2009, 08:29 AM
. If he thinks he can just go through the motions this year and get a big deal after the season he is sadly mistaken and even more stupid than I thought. Dude better start performing and better start now or he could be watching his whole career going down the toilet.

That's the impression I get. He's like the kid that was scolded , and rightfully so, but feels that HE'S been MISTREATED.

He could be a top "ten" reciever and would get his "pay day", but he seems to think that the Broncos should trust him regardless of the concerns about his off field antics, his pre season childish behavior on and off the field and his health questions.

jhns
09-18-2009, 08:35 AM
Crying over nothing....

chrisp
09-18-2009, 09:34 AM
Admittedly it was just the one game, and the whole offense was bad, but you have to be worried nonetheless.

Poor performance + positive attitude after the game = an off day

Poor performance + childish antics with the press = a cause for concern

So if he goes out and plays well next week then I'll relax a little even if he carries on being a pillock in interviews, but if he doesn't then you have to worry that the two things together are symptomatic of a bigger problem.

After all, he could have just said "I don't want to talk about that" to the questions he didn't want address. It wouldn't have stopped the rumours and speculations but it would have meant they only merited a footnote not headline news......

he is in danger of becoming a major distraction, and what's worse, this is beginning to look like a no-win situation for the Broncos: keep him and he's a cancer, trade him and that will be TWO guys who pouted their way out of town....

...thing is, this way he's slowly killing off his trade value anyway - we'd probably have been lucky to get a 2nd for him before the season, so that's almost certainly down to a 3rd or a 4th by now.

Thing is, it probably would be better to keep him all year and get less for him than it would be to let him go now and give the whole team a message that anyone who wants to pout their way out can do so...

meangene
09-18-2009, 09:46 AM
Admittedly it was just the one game, and the whole offense was bad, but you have to be worried nonetheless.

Poor performance + positive attitude after the game = an off day

Poor performance + childish antics with the press = a cause for concern

So if he goes out and plays well next week then I'll relax a little even if he carries on being a pillock in interviews, but if he doesn't then you have to worry that the two things together are symptomatic of a bigger problem.

After all, he could have just said "I don't want to talk about that" to the questions he didn't want address. It wouldn't have stopped the rumours and speculations but it would have meant they only merited a footnote not headline news......

he is in danger of becoming a major distraction, and what's worse, this is beginning to look like a no-win situation for the Broncos: keep him and he's a cancer, trade him and that will be TWO guys who pouted their way out of town....

...thing is, this way he's slowly killing off his trade value anyway - we'd probably have been lucky to get a 2nd for him before the season, so that's almost certainly down to a 3rd or a 4th by now.

Thing is, it probably would be better to keep him all year and get less for him than it would be to let him go now and give the whole team a message that anyone who wants to pout their way out can do so...

Agree. What would be nice is to see one of our other receivers really take a step up (McKinley?) and then we can just deactivate him if he doesn't get himself together.

oubronco
09-18-2009, 09:50 AM
Damn meangene who's the chick in your avatar

bowtown
09-18-2009, 11:59 AM
Anyone catch Vic and Gary this morning? Rod Smith called in and had some interesting things to say about the BMarsh situation:

- Said that Brandon did the right thing in the interview. When you are in a funk, you shouldn't give the media any sound bites to twist, and it's better to not even listen to the questions than to let them effect you.

- Said that he approached Brandon after the suspension practice not vice versa, but that Brandon was very open to working with him again.

- Sharpe called him up after last weeks game to tell him that he needs to work on Brandon's body language on the field, that he is coming off negatively.

- Not sure if Brandon is 100% healthy.

- Finally said, whatever is wrong with Marsahall "we are going to fix it." He represents whatever team he is playing for and needs to play hard for them. Right now, that is the Broncos.

chrisp
09-18-2009, 12:11 PM
Anyone catch Vic and Gary this morning? Rod Smith called in and had some interesting things to say about the BMarsh situation:

- Said that Brandon did the right thing in the interview. When you are in a funk, you shouldn't give the media any sound bites to twist, and it's better to not even listen to the questions than to let them effect you.

- Said that he approached Brandon after the suspension practice not vice versa, but that Brandon was very open to working with him again.

- Sharpe called him up after last weeks game to tell him that he needs to work on Brandon's body language on the field, that he is coming off negatively.

- Finally said, whatever is wrong with Marsahall "we are going to fix it." He represents whatever team he is playing for and needs to play hard for them. Right now, that is the Broncos.

That sounds a bit more positive. To be fair, if you have a whole plate of humble pie to swallow, you don't always get it down in just a week or two.

Guy had legitimate contract issues, but didn't realise how much his off-field antics had undermined his leverage. I'm still hoping the situation can be saved. If he does in fact fire it up and start playing well then either he gets paid at the end of the season or his trade value goes waaaay up.

I'm still concerned though......fingers and toes crossed that it all goes OK in the end....

Rabb
09-18-2009, 12:16 PM
That sounds a bit more positive. To be fair, if you have a whole plate of humble pie to swallow, you don't always get it down in just a week or two.

Guy had legitimate contract issues, but didn't realise how much his off-field antics had undermined his leverage. I'm still hoping the situation can be saved. If he does in fact fire it up and start playing well then either he gets paid at the end of the season or his trade value goes waaaay up.

I'm still concerned though......fingers and toes crossed that it all goes OK in the end....

agreed 100%

Br0nc0Buster
09-18-2009, 12:21 PM

Well Rod and Shannon deserve props for trying to help him out
But we know what is wrong with Brandon, he is immature and stupid
And unfortunately the latter cant be fixed

Hopefully he can grow up though

Triplelefthook
09-18-2009, 12:42 PM
Sorry if someone else already said this - but regarding the possibility that Marshall was and will be dogging it on the field... really makes me wish we had Mike Tice on the coaching staff in come capacity

meangene
09-18-2009, 04:57 PM
Damn meangene who's the chick in your avatar

Just one of my bitches - I call her "hey you". :rofl:

baja
09-18-2009, 06:29 PM
Many of these guys are smug ass, over paid punks, it's making it hard to stay a fan of the sport.

baja
09-18-2009, 06:31 PM
I do however have hope McD can bring a different attitude to the Broncos

Bronx33
09-18-2009, 06:36 PM
Yes i agree the ball is in brandons court but i could care less what he does in interviews and what the reporters think of him so like oragebeards says (CATCH THE ***** BALL) and iam happy.

maher_tyler
09-18-2009, 07:13 PM
Did anyone watch PTI today?? They interviewed Stokley about the catch and all that and then they ask about Marshall. Stokley said that he's working hard and is back to the old BM..something along those lines. He was really positive and nothing but good things to say about that and McD etc.

rastaman
09-18-2009, 08:06 PM
Did anyone watch PTI today?? They interviewed Stokley about the catch and all that and then they ask about Marshall. Stokley said that he's working hard and is back to the old BM..something along those lines. He was really positive and nothing but good things to say about that and McD etc.

Boy....Popps ain't going to want to here this type of news! :yayaya: