PDA

View Full Version : USA TODAY writer digs the Broncos

RunSilentRunDeep
09-17-2009, 07:12 AM
Big swipes at Chiefs, Raiders and Browns.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/fantasyjoe/post/2009/09/petes-picks-ravens-will-take-down-chargers/1

Man-Goblin
09-17-2009, 07:31 AM
Cleveland (+3) at Denver

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm a lifelong Broncos fan. One thing everyone should do before they die is don an Elway jersey and walk around Cleveland Stadium. Browns fans yell at you, calling you names like "Sir" and "Master."

BRONCOS, 26-16

I like it!

DenverBrit
09-17-2009, 07:44 AM
Pittsburgh (-2) at Chicago

Fear not Bears fans, Jay Cutler (who reportedly favored responding to Josh McDaniels by text while firing his business manager via the same method)
is better than he showed in Green Bay. He's roughly 70% wOOt! and only 30% wtf?

BEARS, 24-23

:rofl:

TailgateNut
09-17-2009, 07:56 AM
:rofl:

Ditto. Cutler may not throw 4 interceptions this week, but I'm positive he'll have a few. His team is down 0-1, the confidence factor in chicago went from 100-20 after one game and he's going to try as hard as possible to win.
He WILL be forcing the ball and will be tossing the rock right into the squeelers hands.

27-21 Squeelers.

Dagmar
09-17-2009, 08:30 AM
Geez, a guy throws for 110 yards, and fawning commentators everywhere marvel at the old wizard's game management. Well this week I'm predicting Brett the Purple will once again use the sacred Handoff spell to tame the mighty beasts of Detroit.
Hilarious!

MrPeepers
09-17-2009, 08:36 AM
Indianapolis (-3) at Miami
The Colts have won four consecutive road openers and seven of their last eight on Monday Night Football. Indy fans will learn to love new defensive coordinator Larry Coyer by season's end.
COLTS, 28-17
-- Pete O'Brien

During the Coyer YEAR, it was awfully frustrating to not have the appropriate personel, and the dude never adapted after the second half.

Beantown Bronco
09-17-2009, 08:55 AM
During the Coyer YEAR, it was awfully frustrating to not have the appropriate personel, and the dude never adapted after the second half.

Unless football extends the games to 3 or 4 halves, I have no need for a DC that adapts AFTER the second half. :poke:

80smith
09-17-2009, 09:03 AM
Oakland (+3) at Kansas City
We are gathered here today to celebrate the glorious union of Butt and Awful....
RAIDERS, 27-17

ROFL!

Doggcow
09-17-2009, 09:05 AM
unless football extends the games to 3 or 4 halves, i have no need for a dc that adapts after the second half. :poke:

lol

BroncoBuff
09-17-2009, 12:25 PM
3 points is an absurdly low line ... Cribbs is the only scary thing about them.

Kick away from Cribbs, no interceptions from Orton, and we should roll.

Rabb
09-17-2009, 12:32 PM
3 points is an absurdly low line ... Cribbs is the only scary thing about them.

Kick away from Cribbs, no interceptions from Orton, and we should roll.

what concerns me is you would think we would have kicked away from Hester also and look how that worked out

Beantown Bronco
09-17-2009, 12:41 PM
With this game being in Denver, that should mostly neutralize Cribbs. Kickoffs should all be touchbacks and Kern should be instructed to launch all punts through the EZ if at all possible. Even if we're at mid-field. No reason to get cute by trying to pooch it. Let them start at the 20.

And if we're deep in our own zone, punt it out of bounds.

Dagmar
09-17-2009, 12:43 PM
what concerns me is you would think we would have kicked away from Hester also and look how that worked out

Different coaches.

maher_tyler
09-17-2009, 08:03 PM
In the interest of full disclosure, I'm a lifelong Broncos fan. One thing everyone should do before they die is don an Elway jersey and walk around Cleveland Stadium. Browns fans yell at you, calling you names like "Sir" and "Master."

LOL