PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland game - based upon AP's success last week

prunch
09-16-2009, 05:51 PM
I reckon run, run, run ... already discussed in another thread, i know.

Cleveland were ahead at halftime against the vikings before AP went wild so maybe conditioning may be an issue. 20 Hillis runs in the 1st half I say followed by the more finesse runners like Moreno, if healthy, in the second half when the thin air kicks in.

We win.

on other predictions, Baltimore beats San Diego and Chefs beat the turds, we take #1 in the AFC west.

tsiguy96
09-16-2009, 05:52 PM
i gotta figure out where im gonna watch this game. all the local bars will be infected with bears hoodrats since that game is on at the same time.

atomicbloke
09-16-2009, 05:54 PM
on other predictions, Baltimore beats San Diego and Chefs beat the turds, we take #1 in the AFC west.

I no longer care about being #1 in the AFC West this early.

I mean, last season, we were #1 in the AFC West from the first day of the season and until 3 hours before the end of the season.

Ironlung
09-16-2009, 06:26 PM
I reckon run, run, run ... already discussed in another thread, i know.

Cleveland were ahead at halftime against the vikings before AP went wild so maybe conditioning may be an issue. 20 Hillis runs in the 1st half I say followed by the more finesse runners like Moreno, if healthy, in the second half when the thin air kicks in.

We win.

We'd be lucky to see five Hillis carries IMO

Popps
09-16-2009, 06:33 PM
Well, we'll get a real test this week, that's for sure. We'll find out if the run D has really improved very quickly.

maher_tyler
09-16-2009, 06:38 PM
We'd be lucky to see five Hillis carries IMO

Yea...people seem to forget he's our starting FB also! Unless its short yardage, he prolly wont get many carries. We didn't use a 1st round pick on a RB for a FB to get more carries!

jmz313
09-16-2009, 06:43 PM
Hillis' effectiveness is irrelevant as he was not brought in by the current HC. Hillis the the best Offensive weapon on this team.

_Oro_
09-16-2009, 06:48 PM
We will see lots of Hillis this year. He's gonna get his.

cutthemdown
09-16-2009, 07:06 PM
foolish to even care about first place when we have the schedule we do.

Just a tad early for these types of things. Besides I don't think Raiders defense is a pushover anymore. They might smack us in the mouth if we don't watch out. And I would give Queefies same advice. That Raider Dline might just kill Croyle.

Also Peterson might put numbers like that up even vs best defenses. No one as good as him.

extralife
09-16-2009, 07:08 PM
Well, we'll get a real test this week, that's for sure. We'll find out if the run D has really improved very quickly.

Since when was Jamal Lewis a real test? Did we slip back into 2003 while I wasn't looking?

cutthemdown
09-16-2009, 07:10 PM
Hillis' effectiveness is irrelevant as he was not brought in by the current HC. Hillis the the best Offensive weapon on this team.

It's ignorant to assume a new coach doesn't want to play a guy because he didn't bring him in.

Mcdaneils likes versatile players. Hillis is that type and Mcdaneils has said he likes him.

First you all said they would cut Hillis, or trade Hillis, now its he kept him on team but won't play him?

Nonesense!!!!!

The coach is going to mix up the gameplans. You never know when he will see the other team as being small, and therefore run Hillis more. You don't always run big against big. You are looking for a matchup you can win.

Often thats smaller quicker guys carrying the ball vs big defenses, and bigger guys pounding a smaller defense.

Hillis will get his shot. He did have a chance to catch a catchable ball for a first down and blew it. Who knows maybe after that first down he would have gotten carries etc etc.

When you leave first downs of the field, you get less touches, just a fact in football.

cutthemdown
09-16-2009, 07:12 PM

I think Quinn got sacked what 4-5 times? He played well against us last time but this defense way different.

They will try and run but there rookie rb out injured. Lewis a little too old for a ton of carries. So they will throw it and when they do we have to get to Quinn.

Make Quinn feel early in the game his oline cant protect him. He already feels that from first game. We should get after him early to keep him from gaining any confidence in the oline.

broncogary
09-16-2009, 07:20 PM
Yep, but I'm thinking they are going to start to try to establish Moreno this game. And I don't think he's a finesse runner, though he's got some moves.

cutthemdown
09-16-2009, 07:39 PM
Moreno not 100% yet but I agree Broncos will keep running him.

They need him to be a playmaker and will give him a lot of chances so they can evaluate that potential.

Moreno not super fast but he has some power, some wiggle, good vision. It's no slam dunk he will be dominant though.

McMastermind
09-16-2009, 09:26 PM

Yeah....B/C Shanahan did everything he could to get Hillis involved in the offense last year in weeks 1 through 10.

Dumbass.

Br0nc0Buster
09-16-2009, 09:32 PM
We need to run more than we did last week

Buck had like 6 yards a carry

dbroncos31
09-16-2009, 11:41 PM
Hillis will be used sparingly as an RB until Larsen is healthy. The Broncos aren't going to risk injury to their only fullback. I think that when Larsen is healthy we'll see Hillis unleashed.

For now it'll be a steady diet of Buck and Knosh.

BroncoBuff
09-16-2009, 11:41 PM

You can't be serious ... is this some sarcasm I'm missing or what?

3 points is way too low a line ... I might lay 6 1/2 actually. The momentum from the Immaculate Deflection - coming home for the first time - Browns might not know what hit 'em. Then the Raiders ... we could very possibly get to 3-0.

tsiguy96
09-16-2009, 11:50 PM
You can't be serious ... is this some sarcasm I'm missing or what?

3 points is way too low a line ... I might lay 6 1/2 actually. The momentum from the Immaculate Deflection - coming home for the first time - Browns might not know what hit 'em. Then the Raiders ... we could very possibly get to 3-0.

you didnt respond to my pm!!

BroncoBuff
09-16-2009, 11:54 PM
you didnt respond to my pm!!

Repping you now......

Cito Pelon
09-17-2009, 05:12 AM
I'm looking forward to see the team improve this week. It sure is nice to be 1-0, but I'd like to see a crisper O performance.

delany
09-17-2009, 05:26 AM
Hillis, know, buck....only part of it is who is toting the ball. I am not sold on the actual running plays themselves yet.

fontaine
09-17-2009, 05:51 AM
It's ignorant to assume a new coach doesn't want to play a guy because he didn't bring him in.

Mcdaneils likes versatile players. Hillis is that type and Mcdaneils has said he likes him.

First you all said they would cut Hillis, or trade Hillis, now its he kept him on team but won't play him?

Nonesense!!!!!

The coach is going to mix up the gameplans. You never know when he will see the other team as being small, and therefore run Hillis more. You don't always run big against big. You are looking for a matchup you can win.

Often thats smaller quicker guys carrying the ball vs big defenses, and bigger guys pounding a smaller defense.

Hillis will get his shot. He did have a chance to catch a catchable ball for a first down and blew it. Who knows maybe after that first down he would have gotten carries etc etc.

When you leave first downs of the field, you get less touches, just a fact in football.

Lamont Jordan got the call late in the game when it was on the line ahead of Hillis.

Lamont Jordan.

That should tell you all you need to know about how much McDaniels values Hillis.

cmhargrove
09-17-2009, 06:59 AM
Moreno not 100% yet but I agree Broncos will keep running him.

They need him to be a playmaker and will give him a lot of chances so they can evaluate that potential.

Moreno not super fast but he has some power, some wiggle, good vision. It's no slam dunk he will be dominant though.

Did you watch how many dump passes the Chargers threw to Sproles on Monday night? If we did that with Moreno, he would have a huge game. Bring the LB's in to stop it, then hit Scheffler, Stokes and Royal over the top.

Bring on the dump pass - it's something Orton is very good at, and we have the talent to make it successful.

My recipe for success? Take a "dump" on the Browns.

oubronco
09-17-2009, 07:02 AM
Last time I checked we don't have AD on our team and the O-line isn't opening any holes for the running backs

TailgateNut
09-17-2009, 07:06 AM
My recipe for success? Take a "dump" on the Browns.

Works for me, but then we'll have to endure a week of "That's all Orton's good at". A win wont FIX the "Cutlerites".

But, I'll gladly listen to their shiate if we put another X in the W column.

oubronco
09-17-2009, 07:08 AM
Lamont Jordan got the call late in the game when it was on the line ahead of Hillis.

Lamont Jordan.

That should tell you all you need to know about how much McDaniels values Hillis.

Didn't you know Patriot players are and always will be the best EVA

Cito Pelon
09-17-2009, 08:34 AM
Last time I checked we don't have AD on our team and the O-line isn't opening any holes for the running backs

Ah, maybe they'll start clicking some. Just have to wait and see.

Rabb
09-17-2009, 08:55 AM
this game makes me nervous, because the Browns are as much of an unknown as we are

all I know is we better damn well establish the run early and often if we hope to stand a chance

I am really concerned about the interior offensive line right now and with a guy like SR on their side, we could be looking at more stupid penalties

I am excited to see our defense