PDA

View Full Version : I say we were NOT lucky to win Bengals game

ZONA
09-16-2009, 02:25 PM
Watching that game again, I am shocked by how bad that Weigman holding call was on that big Buckhalter play that would have gave us first down deep inside the redzone. I mean, wtf ??? The defender sprints past Casey and all he does is the old get out of the way swim move move and they call that holding? That ref needs to be taken into a room where the Broncos OL can beat him with some pillow cases full of soap. We would have easily got a FG from there, if not a TD. We so had this game but a total BS call by a ref almost blew it for us.

Peoples Champ
09-16-2009, 02:28 PM
Watching that game again, I am shocked by how bad that Weigman holding call was on that big Buckhalter play that would have gave us first down deep inside the redzone. I mean, wtf ??? The defender sprints past Casey and all he does is the old get out of the way swim move move and they call that holding? That ref needs to be taken into a room where the Broncos OL can beat him with some pillow cases full of soap. We would have easily got a FG from there, if not a TD. We so had this game but a total BS call by a ref almost blew it for us.

I sad the same thing, but try not to blame the refs for games.

However, its like basketball, the ball never lies.

If a ref in Basketball makes a bad call, the guy misses the next free throw.

Like the ref in the Cincy game, the ref made a bad call, and the karma came back and gave the Broncos a lucky play to win the game.

SoDak Bronco
09-16-2009, 02:31 PM
I noticed the same thing..wonder if the ref called the wrong number? I hope so. BC that was def. not a hold.

Doggcow
09-16-2009, 02:34 PM
Not to mention OUR D PUT US IN POSITION TO WIN THE GAME WITH 1 MORE SCORE! I don't understand why no one gets this. WE ALLOWED 7 POINTS FOR CHRIST SAKE.

Good teams find ways to win late in the game, look at NE.

Brewer
09-16-2009, 02:34 PM
Just like the illegal contact call that was shown to be a bad call. Bad calls happen. Good teams find ways to avoid them or win anyway.

Mr. Elway
09-16-2009, 02:35 PM
I sad the same thing, but try not to blame the refs for games.

However, its like basketball, the ball never lies.

If a ref in Basketball makes a bad call, the guy misses the next free throw.

Like the ref in the Cincy game, the ref made a bad call, and the karma came back and gave the Broncos a lucky play to win the game.

Ed Hochuli called, he wants a word.

Old Dude
09-16-2009, 02:36 PM
From what I saw, we got lucky on a couple close calls (or non-calls) of our own. You just have to hope it all evens out over the course of a game and - ultimately - the season.

bronco militia
09-16-2009, 02:38 PM
We got lucky

Blart
09-16-2009, 02:38 PM
After trailing 99% of the game, Cinci had a miracle last minute drive to put them ahead.

Los Broncos
09-16-2009, 02:40 PM
I also seen a couple of missed calls, blocking in the back and holding, we won that's all that matters at this point.

Rabb
09-16-2009, 02:41 PM
Ed Hochuli called, he wants a word.

we were paid back like a mother effer in the last game of the season methinks

ZONA
09-16-2009, 02:41 PM
It's understandable that refs are human and make mistakes but you'd at least like to see them make the mistakes on close calls that could have gone either way. Not some phantom call that couldn't have been further from a penalty then it was. For real, go watch that one single play again and I promise you that you will be upset by it. You will have no idea what that F that ref was seeing. The call was THAT bad. It might be the worst NON-HOLDING penalty call I have ever seen, and I've seen a ton.

But, you have to expect bad calls as a team. You have to put yourself in a position to win the game even with a few bad calls.

bronco militia
09-16-2009, 03:23 PM
After trailing 99% of the game, Cinci had a miracle last minute drive to put them ahead.

gay

Ha!

thumpc
09-16-2009, 03:26 PM
Do you have the exact time of that play?

no-pseudo-fan
09-16-2009, 03:33 PM
The right team won. We took adv of bad coaching on their side. Stokely was heads up. I have watched the replay many times, and the guy covering Stokely actually turns him around trying to get to B-Marsh, and Roy goes for the kill shot. One good bounce didn't win this game, it was bad play by the Bengals.

tsiguy96
09-16-2009, 03:34 PM
guy on sirius radio said it was NOT a fluke play. it was an undisciplined play on the part of the cincy defense.

Rabb
09-16-2009, 03:39 PM
it was a fluke bounce, the play itself was heads up by Stokley

tsiguy96
09-16-2009, 03:45 PM
it was a fluke bounce, the play itself was heads up by Stokley

no, it wasnt fluke. the defender hit it in the air instead of to the ground. thats a bad play on his part.

Broncos4tw
09-16-2009, 03:46 PM
We were only lucky on one play. We earned the win by virtue of our defense.

That is the plus. Also a plus was that the Bengals offense is no slouch. On the negative side, I really am not sure we have the offensive talent now to win many of our harder games. Our defense isn't THAT good yet. A lot better, still has issues.

misturanderson
09-16-2009, 04:03 PM
no, it wasnt fluke. the defender hit it in the air instead of to the ground. thats a bad play on his part.

See, now that's ridiculous. They guy had to make a pretty outstanding play just to get a hand on the ball and they are somehow expecting him to bat it towards the ground? It would have been physically impossible to do that based on his body position and the flight of the ball without having jumped a half second earlier than he did or a few inches higher than he did.

Rabb
09-16-2009, 04:44 PM

sorry but you are wrong

the sequence of events for that entire play to happen and succeed in that exact way basically make it a fluke

we won, who ****ing cares anyhow

cousinal11
09-16-2009, 04:54 PM
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.

Chris
09-16-2009, 04:59 PM

Right, like the Pats were "lucky" the other night. You'll notice a lot more luck now that our team is situationally aware.

ZONA
09-16-2009, 05:04 PM
Right, like the Pats were "lucky" the other night. You'll notice a lot more luck now that our team is situationally aware.

You know, there is a method behind the madness when it comes to that. Some teams (the good ones) usually are better at situational awareness and make the right plays while some teams (the bad ones) are just the opposite.

As the Pats were positively situationally aware as you say, the Bills were just the opposite. Dude did not need to bring that ball out or at the very least just get to the ground securing the ball. They did not seem to prepare for that situation. I bet they are now.

oubronco
09-16-2009, 08:13 PM

The miracle was the Orton pass dude

Killericon
09-16-2009, 09:13 PM

It wasn't a miracle, it was just great football. The way the ball was deflected into Stokely's hands was a miracle.

BroncoMan4ever
09-16-2009, 10:41 PM
Not to mention OUR D PUT US IN POSITION TO WIN THE GAME WITH 1 MORE SCORE! I don't understand why no one gets this. WE ALLOWED 7 POINTS FOR CHRIST SAKE.

exactly. if your defense allows 7 points, you had damn well better win that game.

watermock
09-16-2009, 11:12 PM
guy on sirius radio said it was NOT a fluke play. it was an undisciplined play on the part of the cincy defense.

Yes.

In fact, Cincy should of been 3 deep at S.

watermock
09-16-2009, 11:23 PM

You can only control your own luck.

The FS leaving Stokely to persue an OB's play was idiotic, also, there should of been a 3rd S.

Maybe there was, but there was no rason to leave Stokely alone.

They had a LB out there.

AZBroncomaniac
09-17-2009, 12:19 AM

Have you even watched the play? I'm not sure how one could come to this conclusion having seen it unfold. The defender was at his maximum vertical jump, and barely got a hand on it. This wasn't like a block in basketball with the defender trying to smack the ball into the crowd, this was a guy doing all he could do to tip and disrupt the direction of the ball. He had no way of getting enough hand over the ball to direct its path. This was a fluke play. Damn fun one to watch though!

Pendejo
09-17-2009, 12:30 AM
Have you even watched the play? I'm not sure how one could come to this conclusion having seen it unfold. The defender was at his maximum vertical jump, and barely got a hand on it. This wasn't like a block in basketball with the defender trying to smack the ball into the crowd, this was a guy doing all he could do to tip and disrupt the direction of the ball. He had no way of getting enough hand over the ball to direct its path. This was a fluke play. Damn fun one to watch though!

You're right. After the game the honks on the replay shows were adamant that in that situation the db should have knocked the ball down. Forget the fact that he made a hell of an athletic play JUST to get a hand on the thing.

As Mock said in the post above AZBroncomaniac's...the guy who left Stokely to get a lick in on Marshall bears the most blame.

Whatever. To say that the Donks weren't lucky to win is just silly. It took a fluke play.

Their D gave up 7 points, and their new allegedly high powered offense could only muster 6 points through over 59 minutes plus of game time. Is there really any legitimate excuse for only scoring 12 points against the Bengals?

watermock
09-17-2009, 12:33 AM
Ask Herm Edwards about lucky bounces. he'll say, "You make your own luck"

He must of had a bad bounce in KC then.

FireFly
09-17-2009, 12:34 AM

QFT

Also, the TD was NOT a fluke. Tip drill is something they practice over and over: We won. Stokley simply has mad hax :egbgb:

watermock
09-17-2009, 12:45 AM
Sorry, it wasn't a tip play.

That's moronic to think that was planned by Beavis.

It was a simple out pattern double teamed, and tipped to Stokely, once the FS left to enjoy the hit on BM, only a LB was left.

Stokely gets game ball.

Polished off Beavis' Butt.

Gort
09-17-2009, 12:47 AM

the rules in the NFL have gotten ridiculous.

it's so bad that the refs can control the score and outcome of any game they feel like controlling. they can call holding on any pass play. they can call holding or illegal blocking on any KO or P return. and just about every pass play, some defender somewhere is guilty of an illegal contact or obstruction or interference penalty.

and you can't say anything about how bad the refs are after the game without getting fined.

how many times recently have we seen a Broncos opponent fail to convert a crucial 3rd down on the filed, only to be awarded a 1st down via penalty after the fact? it seems like this happens alot. the Broncos have enough trouble stopping teams on 3rd down. we sure don't need the refs adding to the troubles.

if the mafia wanted to "fix" games, all they need to do so is in place.

they need to let the players play.

to see for yourself how a vindictive officiating crew can blatantly alter the outcome of a game through penalties, check out what happened back in 2005 between the Ravens and Lions.

http://www.dailypress.com/news/national/bal-sp.ravens10oct10,0,2886024.story

watermock
09-17-2009, 12:50 AM
QFT

Also, the TD was NOT a fluke. Tip drill is something they practice over and over: We won. Stokley simply has mad hax :egbgb:

On an out pattern?

STFU.

It wasn't even tipped by BM.

Jesus christ

watermock
09-17-2009, 12:54 AM
the rules in the NFL have gotten ridiculous.

it's so bad that the refs can control the score and outcome of any game they feel like controlling. they can call holding on any pass play. they can call holding or illegal blocking on any KO or P return. and just about every pass play, some defender somewhere is guilty of an illegal contact or obstruction or interference penalty.

and you can't say anything about how bad the refs are after the game without getting fined.

how many times recently have we seen a Broncos opponent fail to convert a crucial 3rd down on the filed, only to be awarded a 1st down via penalty after the fact? it seems like this happens alot. the Broncos have enough trouble stopping teams on 3rd down. we sure don't need the refs adding to the troubles.

if the mafia wanted to "fix" games, all they need to do so is in place.

they need to let the players play.

to see for yourself how a vindictive officiating crew can blatantly alter the outcome of a game through penalties, check out what happened back in 2005 between the Ravens and Lions.

http://www.dailypress.com/news/national/bal-sp.ravens10oct10,0,2886024.story

That's a fact Jack!

It is what it is.

Honestly, SEC ball is as good or better, it's just that some teMS ARE SO DOMINATE.

Cito Pelon
09-17-2009, 03:58 AM
Sorry, it wasn't a tip play.

That's moronic to think that was planned by Beavis.

It was a simple out pattern double teamed, and tipped to Stokely, once the FS left to enjoy the hit on BM, only a LB was left.

Stokely gets game ball.

Polished off Beavis' Butt.

That was actually pretty funny, in a peckerwood sort of way.