PDA

View Full Version : What the...??? Brian Griese as color commentary on 850 KOA???

crush17
09-16-2009, 02:13 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=9358

LOCAL RADIO: KOA RADIO (850 AM): Dave Logan (play-by-play) and Brian Griese (color commentary) will call the game with Andy Lindahl reporting from the sidelines.

Is that indeed THE Brian Griese??

lol

Los Broncos
09-16-2009, 02:16 PM
There was something posted about him last week I think, same thing here?

BigPlayShay
09-16-2009, 02:18 PM
KOA cannot afford a full time color analyst, so they are rotating guys on the broadcasts. Eddie Mac was the color guy for the Bengals game.

It is THE Brian Griese. He is also dong some TV for ESPN College Football.

Mogulseeker
09-16-2009, 02:20 PM
Dude still lives in Denver.

Griese loved Denver, so he still lives here in the offseason.

tsiguy96
09-16-2009, 02:21 PM
ive noticed that a LOT of former players stay in denver, even after moving on to other teams. guess they really like it there, i think its perfect, minus teh cold ass weather.

Beantown Bronco
09-16-2009, 02:27 PM
Queue the pic of Griese pushing the shopping cart through the empty lot.....

crush17
09-16-2009, 02:28 PM
Haha awesome...

bronco militia
09-16-2009, 02:29 PM
ive noticed that a lot of former players stay in denver, even after moving on to other teams. Guess they really like it there, i think its perfect, minus teh cold ass weather.

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's very cold here.verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry cold! Stay away from colorado

sttttaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Elway
09-16-2009, 02:31 PM
I don't blame them, Colorado is awesome and Denver is a nice city. Tsi if you think it's cold then I think you are spoiled :) I lived in Illinois for a few years and the winter is much harsher there. Here on the front range you can often ski and mountain bike in the same weekend (highly recommended) and sunscreen is still required.

tsiguy96
09-16-2009, 02:32 PM
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's very cold here.verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry cold! Stay away from colorodo

ROFL!:chairhit:

d bronx42
09-16-2009, 03:22 PM
ive noticed that a LOT of former players stay in denver, even after moving on to other teams. guess they really like it there, i think its perfect, minus teh cold ass weather.

Ive noticed that too but who can really blame them?? Colorado a very beautiful state with very humble people...

I remember B-Dawk during his 2nd or 3rd time speaking to the media here in Denver said he and his family had already fallen in love with Colorado and planned on staying here after he retires.

errand
09-16-2009, 03:56 PM
I wanted to move to Denver area, my wife wanted to move to the NC mountains...so we compromised and moved to the NC mountains.

broncosteven
09-16-2009, 03:59 PM
Ive noticed that too but who can really blame them?? Colorado a very beautiful state with very humble people...

Too bad those humble people don't know how to Merge on highways or drive in general.

I think the weather is much nicer out there than Chicago. At least you guys don't get sub zero for months at a time. Blizzard one day and it is in the 50's the next.

Rabb
09-16-2009, 04:00 PM
I grew up in Iowa, this aint' cold

I love Colorado

broncosteven
09-16-2009, 04:04 PM
I grew up in Iowa, this aint' cold

I love Colorado

I doubt he has ever lived there, I am guessing moms and pops took him to Vail every year for snowboarding that is how he must have found the Bronco's.

Mr. Elway
09-16-2009, 04:16 PM
Too bad those humble people don't know how to Merge on highways or drive in general.

I think the weather is much nicer out there than Chicago. At least you guys don't get sub zero for months at a time. Blizzard one day and it is in the 50's the next.

When I lived in Chicago I thought the drivers were awful at first. Then I realized I just had to drive a lot more aggressively and everything was fine. Here in Colorado the problem now is out-of-staters crashing their SUVs in the mountains in wintertime. But at least people don't get stabbed on the side of the road for cutting the wrong person off.

Kyle
09-16-2009, 04:23 PM
Wisconsin native here. I just want to say, I have visited CO in the winter for the warm weather. :) And broncosteven, no, Mom and Pop never took me. I drove myself.

Cool Breeze
09-16-2009, 04:32 PM
Hopefully he doesn't bring his dog.
We don't want him trippin' over anything...

Master___Pain
09-16-2009, 04:34 PM
I think it'll be interesting having Griese in the booth. He was always a pretty cerebral player, he'll probably be a decent color guy

Dr. Broncenstein
09-16-2009, 04:39 PM
squirm biatches... I love the move simply because it makes you retards spaz out.

Bob's your Information Minister
09-16-2009, 05:13 PM
"That's terrible...I could have completed that pass...why did Denver let me go, again?"

Hogan11
09-16-2009, 05:24 PM
Good work if you can get it

Circle Orange
09-16-2009, 07:27 PM
When I lived in Chicago I thought the drivers were awful at first. Then I realized I just had to drive a lot more aggressively and everything was fine. Here in Colorado the problem now is out-of-staters crashing their SUVs in the mountains in wintertime. But at least people don't get stabbed on the side of the road for cutting the wrong person off.

It's too cold to stab anyone...the knives freeze in the ribcage. ROFL!

scorpio
09-16-2009, 07:38 PM
squirm biatches... I love the move simply because it makes you retards spaz out.

Shouldn't you be diagnosing Spencer Larsen's shoulder over the internet?

broncosteven
09-16-2009, 08:12 PM

You have Chicago confused with LA. There are a lot of homicides and drive-by's but there are more policemen killing their ex wiveS for insurance money and Governers with bad hair looking for kick backs from Washington than people getting killed in road rage incidents.

Chicago is where QB's go to die, not motorists.

RhymesayersDU
09-16-2009, 08:23 PM
"That's terrible...I could have completed that pass...why did Denver let me go, again?"

Yeah, won't we have to take any QB criticism with a huge grain of salt?

broncocalijohn
09-16-2009, 09:38 PM
unless you are bringing a transistor radio inside the stadium, who cares? You are either watching it live or watching tv. We are die hards so who out there is just listening to it on KOA?

Garcia Bronco
09-16-2009, 10:49 PM
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's very cold here.verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry cold! Stay away from colorado

Super cold.

Garcia Bronco
09-16-2009, 10:53 PM
unless you are bringing a transistor radio inside the stadium, who cares? You are either watching it live or watching tv. We are die hards so who out there is just listening to it on KOA?

Lots of people listen to the game in the stadium.

BroncoDoug
09-16-2009, 11:03 PM

very very cold, like nothing can live or survive here cold....

Taco John
09-16-2009, 11:08 PM
Back in college before Direct TV, I used to tune into KOA to listen to the games. The signal was vary faint, so I'd have to put the speaker to my ear, and it would fade in and out. It was a very frustrating way to follow the game. I'd sit with a notebook and try and track where they were on the field. And cheer like hell...

broncocalijohn
09-16-2009, 11:55 PM
Back in college before Direct TV, I used to tune into KOA to listen to the games. The signal was vary faint, so I'd have to put the speaker to my ear, and it would fade in and out. It was a very frustrating way to follow the game. I'd sit with a notebook and try and track where they were on the field. And cheer like hell...

I guess there is a 10 year old kid in all of us. Nerdy though. :thanku:

KOA only comes in when it hits night time here in SoCal. Only thing I like about day change but there is no more sports talk in afternoon drive on KOA anymore.

Mr. Elway
09-17-2009, 12:31 AM
You have Chicago confused with LA. There are a lot of homicides and drive-by's but there are more policemen killing their ex wiveS for insurance money and Governers with bad hair looking for kick backs from Washington than people getting killed in road rage incidents.

Chicago is where QB's go to die, not motorists.

Lol - for some reason I remember right before I left there were a rash of road rage-related attacks.

Bronco LB52
09-17-2009, 05:05 AM
I guess there is a 10 year old kid in all of us. Nerdy though. :thanku:

KOA only comes in when it hits night time here in SoCal. Only thing I like about day change but there is no more sports talk in afternoon drive on KOA anymore.

In the late fall and early winter when it gets dark earlier, you can get KOA in SoCal around 5 pm PST. I recall that Dave Logan was on the air at that time on a news format show, but they did have Broncos guests.