PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with NFL Ticket.

Quoydogs
09-16-2009, 12:23 PM
I was trying to set my DVR and the game is not on. Does it show on yours ?/

Thanks

Beantown Bronco
09-16-2009, 12:28 PM
Need more info.

Are you saying that you set it for this past Sunday's game at 1PM EST and are trying to watch it now and it's a black screen?

Or something else?

Mr. Elway
09-16-2009, 01:03 PM
also I was looking for something on my computer and its not there help

ant1999e
09-16-2009, 01:08 PM
It's not on till Sunday.

Beantown Bronco
09-16-2009, 01:18 PM
Ahhhhh, now I know what you're asking.

Trying to queue up your receiver to record this coming Sunday's game and it's not appearing on your guide for Sunday afternoon?

Same thing is happening with me.

I just went to directv.com and checked their online guide for Sunday as well. It's not listed there either. Every other game is just where it should be and I could set it up to record them no problem. But no Broncos game. This is weird.

Dendave
09-16-2009, 01:22 PM
Don't have NFL ticket, but NFL.com says it's on Channel 716 can't you just set up a manual record and record from 4-8 (est)? Just trying to help

Beantown Bronco
09-16-2009, 01:26 PM
Don't have NFL ticket, but NFL.com says it's on Channel 716 can't you just set up a manual record and record from 4-8 (est)? Just trying to help

Good advice, but the guide is going straight from 714 to 720 with no row in between to even view or click on. Weird.

Sassy
09-16-2009, 01:34 PM
I 've got the same guys...there are games listed above that though. But no Bronco game.

Sassy
09-16-2009, 01:34 PM
716-719 just says NFL to be announced.

Beantown Bronco
09-16-2009, 01:36 PM
I'm sure it'll resolve itself in the next day or two, but that obviously doesn't help anyone that needs to set the DVR before that if they're going away or something.

Quoydogs
09-16-2009, 01:40 PM
I'm sure it'll resolve itself in the next day or two, but that obviously doesn't help anyone that needs to set the DVR before that if they're going away or something.

I was just making sure it was not just mine. I just got off the phone and the guy says it should be there. I told him it is not and he said it will be :thanku:

cmhargrove
09-16-2009, 01:51 PM
I thought they usually showed the "Short Cuts" games through Wednesday, then the schedule goes up on Thursday.

That's the way I thought it was last year.

So - check tomorrow.

DeuceOfClub
09-16-2009, 01:52 PM
It's not on till Sunday.

It is SO ON!

DeuceOfClub
09-16-2009, 01:53 PM
In any case, DirecTV let you set your DVR from any computer (If the box is connected to the Internet)

Doggcow
09-16-2009, 01:55 PM
Im glad I didn't pay for sunday ticket. I can't possibly watch all 16 games at the same time so it's just a waste of money.

cmhargrove
09-16-2009, 02:00 PM
Im glad I didn't pay for sunday ticket. I can't possibly watch all 16 games at the same time so it's just a waste of money.

Re-read your post. Does this even make sense to you?

DomCasual
09-16-2009, 02:07 PM
I had that happen a few weeks ago. I spent twenty minutes on the phone with them, and said a lot of bad words.

Turns out, the problem fixed itself. I'm not sure what happened, but I checked a couple hours later, and it was scheduled to record. You might try resetting your receiver, though.

I could do customer service for DirecTv. All you have to do is tell people to reset their receivers.

Q - Hey, I am having a hard time recording the game.
A - I'm going to walk you through resetting your receiver.

Q - I want to cancel my Premium package.

Q - There's a guy here saying he's with DirecTv. He's wearing a wife beater, and he has a swastika tattoo on his face.

Popps
09-16-2009, 02:14 PM
I love DirectTV's product, but you really have to watch them. They try to renew your contract at every turn. Pretty shady. They'll renew your contract for TWO years if your receiver breaks and they bring you a new one.

As for the game, I'll check mine when I get home and report back. Did you try doing a manual search for sports>Broncos?

ZONA
09-16-2009, 02:20 PM
I love DirectTV's product, but you really have to watch them. They try to renew your contract at every turn. Pretty shady. They'll renew your contract for TWO years if your receiver breaks and they bring you a new one.

As for the game, I'll check mine when I get home and report back. Did you try doing a manual search for sports>Broncos?

Bah, they are easy to beat. I got my my HD DVR's from them for free. I ordered the first one, after a month said it wasn't working right and they sent another one to replace it and I was supposed to send the old one back but I sent an older DVR that wasn't HD that I had owned for years. Then I did the same thing on the second HD DVR, said the new one wasn't working either and then yet another one came and I sent back another old box. They are so stupid.

Crushisback
09-16-2009, 02:46 PM
National game. Check your local CBS to record it. That's the case for me in Kansas anyways. Not on the ticket because it's on my local CBS.

broncosteven
09-16-2009, 02:56 PM

I only have Sunday ticket, for DVR and day to day tv watching I have ATT Uverse.

Anyway I missed the 1st payment of the year for directv. I don't know if I thought it was marketing or if it got buried and tossed but I didn't pay.

The next cycle it had a $5.00 late fee. I paid the 1st 2 installments - the $5.00 late fee. 3rd installment comes and the $5.00 fee is still on there.

Then Sunday morning my new receiver they sent me to upgrade THEIR system didn't work so I had to call support, lucky I checked before the freaking game time.

Anyway after I cleared that up I asked to be transfer back to CS to resolve the late fee.

The broad would not take it off, it took me a good 10 minutes until I told her that I doubted that DirectV was going to go out of business over a $5.00 late fee. I have been a customer of the ticket for almost a decade.

Anywho she finnally took it off. I wish I could get the Broncos games via Uverse. I would even do pay per view at a higher price so I could use my DVR than have to have crappy dish on the side of my house for 16 games.

Quoydogs
09-16-2009, 02:57 PM
National game. Check your local CBS to record it. That's the case for me in Kansas anyways. Not on the ticket because it's on my local CBS.

Not on the local channels in Portland. I will give it till tomorrow then I am going to panic.

meangene
09-16-2009, 03:37 PM
Sometimes they don't set all the games on the guide until later in the week - usually they are all on by Thursday. If the game is being shown locally, it will still show up on the guide so be sure it is not being shown locally or you will be recording a "not available in your area" message if you don't set to record your local channel.

meangene
09-16-2009, 03:41 PM
P.S. If you are using the favorite channels guide you may have to edit it to include all the channels that are part of the ticket. If you have Superfan, you need to add the channels with the -1 after the number to get the high-def channels. I always reset my favorite channels the first week to make sure they are all in that guide.

Sassy
09-16-2009, 04:12 PM
Hmmm...just checked. I have Broncos/Browns on my local CBS station. Not on the ticket.

Sassy
09-16-2009, 04:14 PM
I had that happen a few weeks ago. I spent twenty minutes on the phone with them, and said a lot of bad words.

Turns out, the problem fixed itself. I'm not sure what happened, but I checked a couple hours later, and it was scheduled to record. You might try resetting your receiver, though.

I could do customer service for DirecTv. All you have to do is tell people to reset their receivers.

Q - Hey, I am having a hard time recording the game.

Q - I want to cancel my Premium package.

Q - There's a guy here saying he's with DirecTv. He's wearing a wife beater, and he has a swastika tattoo on his face.

ROFL!
Open the door...push red button! :yayaya:

Beantown Bronco
09-17-2009, 06:41 AM
In any case, DirecTV let you set your DVR from any computer (If the box is connected to the Internet)

fyi - Box doesn't even have to be connected to the Internet to do this.

bfoflcommish
09-17-2009, 07:32 AM

this is something my wife told me the very first time I told her I was getting sunday ticket.

NOW

her response is why the hell are we watching a commercial on sunday? there is 6 other channels with a game on, change the channel