PDA

View Full Version : Do I make this trade?

Marshall Dumervil
09-16-2009, 08:24 AM
I was offered Calvin Johnson for Chris Johnson. I first thought this is a great trade for me but I'm worried about being thin at RB. Chris Johnson may be my best back. Here's my WR's and RB's.

Addai, Joseph RB IND
Hightower, Tim RB ARI
Jackson, Fred RB BUF
Johnson, Chris RB TEN
McGahee, Willis RB BAL

Henderson, Devery WR NO
Moss, Randy WR NE
Welker, Wes WR NE
Evans, Lee WR BUF

What do you guys think? My WR's are already pretty good, and Fred Jackson will probably be worthless once Lynch is back. Should I make the trade?

BroncoMan4ever
09-16-2009, 10:54 AM
i'd say no. you need to take into account that Stafford is in his rookie year and that is going to bring down Calvin's numbers some and even in a good year he is good for around 1300 Yards and 8 TDs, while Chris Johnson is good for probably the same amount of yardage but more rushing TDs.

i'd keep Chris.

DBroncos4life
09-16-2009, 11:53 AM
i'd say no. you need to take into account that Stafford is in his rookie year and that is going to bring down Calvin's numbers some and even in a good year he is good for around 1300 Yards and 8 TDs, while Chris Johnson is good for probably the same amount of yardage but more rushing TDs.

i'd keep Chris.

I don't know about that Calvin Johnson was targeted 14 times last game, but his RBs might be too weak to let Chris Johnson go.

TheChamp24
09-16-2009, 09:40 PM
Holy **** you need to reject that trade.
Your RB's are highly questionable with no guarantee of a good game every week, while Johnson has a good shot at getting 80-100 yards and a touchdown every week.

Taco John
09-16-2009, 10:14 PM
I wouldn't take that deal. I love Calvin Johnson (drafted him as a keeper back when), but with your running back squad, he's a luxury, not a need. You take that deal if you've got a runningback that isn't seeing the field, and would like to upgrade a starting receiver. This deal isn't an upgrade. It not only weakens you at a key spot, but it actually digs your runningback hole deeper than it already is.

BroncoMan4ever
09-16-2009, 10:33 PM
I don't know about that Calvin Johnson was targeted 14 times last game, but his RBs might be too weak to let Chris Johnson go.

i truly doubt that Calvin gets that many looks all the way through the season. after a few weeks, Stafford will begin to look more towards his TE and backs. a rookie QB in a bad situation of bad line and all the other suck associated with the Lions is going to lead to him leaning on his safety valves which in the case of young QBs is the TE.

i can't see Calvin having a monster year. he'll have a good year, but nowhere near good enough to trade away a top 10 RB.

Doggcow
09-17-2009, 12:06 AM
I personally just traded Santonio Holmes, Ochocinco, and Felix Jones to solidify my RB spot (as I was starting Felix jones as a #2 RB....) with Ryan Grant, and got Hines Ward.

I absolutely hate relying on the sh*tback approach.

Taco John
09-17-2009, 12:31 AM
i truly doubt that Calvin gets that many looks all the way through the season. after a few weeks, Stafford will begin to look more towards his TE and backs. a rookie QB in a bad situation of bad line and all the other suck associated with the Lions is going to lead to him leaning on his safety valves which in the case of young QBs is the TE.

i can't see Calvin having a monster year. he'll have a good year, but nowhere near good enough to trade away a top 10 RB.

If game one is any indication (not to mention all of last season) your estimation of the kind of season Calvin Johnson is going to have is off.

Marshall Dumervil
09-17-2009, 08:53 AM
Great, thanks for the advice guys. I stress over fantasy stuff way too much sometimes. I'm playing this league with a bunch of friends so I want to kick all thier asses.