PDA

View Full Version : That play where the ball went straight through Marshall's hands...

The MVPlaya
09-15-2009, 09:47 PM
Rewatching the game other than the obvious rustiness of Marshall on that play - Orton launched it almost 50 yards accurately. Wasn't exactly a bullet, but it was accurately. It's obvious he doesn't have the strongest arm, but it's no weaker than someone like say...Philip Rivers?

I guess you can say all he had to do was throw in a straight line with no angles...but one of the positive things I've seen so far that I didn't notice the first time around.

Los Broncos
09-15-2009, 09:48 PM
To me it looked like Marshall was a little off balance.

The MVPlaya
09-15-2009, 09:53 PM
To me it looked like Marshall was a little off balance.

He had to stop for the ball... he could have kept running and it would have landed in his chest. It should have been a catch... but I'm guessing it's the sun that's exactly what happens when the sun is in your eyes.

Popps
09-15-2009, 09:54 PM
Marshall was half-assing it out there. God only knows what kinds of routes he was running/blocking he was doing. But, he sure wasn't very interested in trying to catch balls.

SoDak Bronco
09-15-2009, 09:55 PM
to me he was doggin it most of the game..still doesn't seem to be into it.

broncocalijohn
09-15-2009, 09:57 PM
He had to stop for the ball... he could have kept running and it would have landed in his chest. It should have been a catch... but I'm guessing it's the sun that's exactly what happens when the sun is in your eyes.

It sure wasnt the money in his eyes (after) the catch. It was Charlie Watts via Raiders snow game all over again. It was catchable and a huge bump on our road to victory. But does it count as a drop when he didnt even touch it?

BigPlayShay
09-15-2009, 10:00 PM
Marshall totally misjudged that ball. He needed to slow up, but not as much as he did.

cutthemdown
09-15-2009, 10:17 PM
If Marshall doesn't look like Marshall by week 3. And we have a few more of these phantom balls the old marshall would have snagged, go un snagged, then we have a big problem.

At that point you just start not playing him I guess.

It could be Marshalls plan to just dog it all yr and still think he gets offers next yr.

You would think with the talk they have spoken about a new deal he would play hard. Who knows but a few more games will tell.

One thing is certain though Broncos need to throw to the TE more. Broncos need to drop no balls because Orton needs every completion. Oline needs to get penalized less and block for the run better.

Orton isn't good enough to have players like Marshall, Hamilton etc blow plays for him. He needs players like that to kick ass.

Mr.Meanie
09-15-2009, 10:21 PM
I hoping it's rust, but he looked like the least excited person out there. You wouldn't guess he's getting paid a few million dollars to run around playing a game for a couple months.

I agree... if he has the same "rust" look in the next few weeks, he's most likely trying to show his displeasure, and may force the teams hand.

DBroncos4life
09-15-2009, 10:25 PM
Rewatching the game other than the obvious rustiness of Marshall on that play - Orton launched it almost 50 yards accurately. Wasn't exactly a bullet, but it was accurately. It's obvious he doesn't have the strongest arm, but it's no weaker than someone like say...Philip Rivers?

I guess you can say all he had to do was throw in a straight line with no angles...but one of the positive things I've seen so far that I didn't notice the first time around.

That's funny I was thinking when Rivers threw that TD pass against Oakland I was thinking if that was Orton its a pick.

Durango
09-15-2009, 10:26 PM
I can't imagine how bad this offense might get if Marshall doesn't come around, but then, I can't stand the circus around this idiot either. If McDaniels makes him sit sometime during the season and then ships him out for whatever we can get, I doubt there would be too many protests, and it might even be a positive reflection on the new staff.

Rock Chalk
09-15-2009, 10:29 PM
The Bengals did have three guys covering Marshall as some poster who posted but deleted his post mentioned but that ball was not catchable by anyone but Marshall and two of the Bengals were running to catch up there other was on the man coverage but wasn't in a great position at all.

Marshall just misjudged that ball. His misjudging of the ball put him in a position to catch it with the sun in his eyes and the dumbass completely missed it.

Epic fail.

The MVPlaya
09-15-2009, 10:51 PM
The Bengals did have three guys covering Marshall as some poster who posted but deleted his post mentioned but that ball was not catchable by anyone but Marshall and two of the Bengals were running to catch up there other was on the man coverage but wasn't in a great position at all.

Marshall just misjudged that ball. His misjudging of the ball put him in a position to catch it with the sun in his eyes and the dumbass completely missed it.

Epic fail.

The poster deleted the post because he was probably thinking of the play at the end of the game.

There was only ONE defender and the safety (Roy Williams) was running towards him but Roy was way late on the coverage...Roy wasn't there at all and didn't have anything to do with the play.

The DB (Hall) was burned by Marshall. If Marshall had caught it in stride, and broken Hall's tackle he would have had an open field.

It was a great decision...Marshall needs to make these catches because of his height... he just towers over the DB's.

Malcontent
09-15-2009, 11:09 PM
BM is 10 days past from batting passes, and punting footballs in practice..The guy is a joke, and needs his ass kicked in by a leader on this team...#20 comes to mind!!

Atwater His Ass
09-15-2009, 11:11 PM

huh? if he could have kept running, he didn't have to stop for the ball...that post makes no sense.

anyway, the ball was actually underthrown and that's why you saw Marshall making the adjustment instead being able to keep running.

should have still been a catch though. underthrown, but still was a good pass.

The MVPlaya
09-15-2009, 11:58 PM
huh? if he could have kept running, he didn't have to stop for the ball...that post makes no sense.

anyway, the ball was actually underthrown and that's why you saw Marshall making the adjustment instead being able to keep running.

My bad - what I meant was he stopped for the ball...didn't mean to say he "had" to.

The ball was probably underthrown a bit - if you're saying it's underthrown because Marshall couldn't keep in full stride.

He made the adjustment and yes he had to... but he also misjudged it... the ball went through his hands and over his head...meaning there was still room to run...

Anyways - can't blame Orton is all I'm saying as it was a good enough pass and better decision.

ZONA
09-16-2009, 12:00 AM

No doubt. I have no clue why people seem to think that ball was accurate and that Marshall didn't need to stop. He was running full speed and then slowed down some before he came to a complete stop. I don't think most people realize how far underthrown it actually was unless Marshall would have kept his full speed. The ball would have landed 10 yards behind him. The only thing he misjudged was the timing of closing his hands to catch the ball. The jump was fine and it wasn't that high of a jump really. On those severely underthrown balls, the receiver HAS to stop and jump for it. That's like coming back for the ball. If you don't, it's gonna be an easy pick.

The MVPlaya
09-16-2009, 12:11 AM
No doubt. I have no clue why people seem to think that ball was accurate and that Marshall didn't need to stop. He was running full speed and then slowed down some before he came to a complete stop. I don't think most people realize how far underthrown it actually was unless Marshall would have kept his full speed. The ball would have landed 10 yards behind him. The only thing he misjudged was the timing of closing his hands to catch the ball. The jump was fine and it wasn't that high of a jump really. On those severely underthrown balls, the receiver HAS to stop and jump for it. That's like coming back for the ball. If you don't, it's gonna be an easy pick.

Hall was behind Marshall and not looking up, I think the chances of a pick were pretty low there regardless. No one is saying Marshall didn't need to stop or slow up. Jay Cutler threw the same type of deep balls... Marshall should know how to adjust. Outside of jumping to attempt to catching it, Marshall could have played it/adjusted to it better...

But as I originally said, if the sun had anything to do with it, I wouldn't be too harsh as that is what happens when the sun is in your eyes at the last moment.

uplink
09-16-2009, 12:46 AM
Orton under throw
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Popps
09-16-2009, 12:50 AM
Yea, well.... Calvin Johnson caught everything thrown within 5 yards of him last season from guys they dragged out of a mail-room somewhere.

Orton drops one right in his ****ing hands, and he can't make a marginally tough catch.

Yet, he wants the franchise to bow down to massive contract demands. This idiot wants to be paid like Fitzgerald? Are you kidding me?

He's a joke.

gyldenlove
09-16-2009, 05:28 AM
Marshall totally misjudged that ball. He needed to slow up, but not as much as he did.

No, Orton underthrew it, the route is a go down the seem and if the ball doesn't hit the reciever in stride it is underthrown as was the case here, and Marshall isn't the fastest guy we have.

Hogan11
09-16-2009, 05:35 AM
If Marshall doesn't look like Marshall by week 3. And we have a few more of these phantom balls the old marshall would have snagged, go un snagged, then we have a big problem.

You're generous...if he looks the same against Cleveland, then bench him.

RunSilentRunDeep
09-16-2009, 05:42 AM
Yea, well.... Calvin Johnson caught everything thrown within 5 yards of him last season from guys they dragged out of a mail-room somewhere.

Orton drops one right in his ****ing hands, and he can't make a marginally tough catch.

Yet, he wants the franchise to bow down to massive contract demands. This idiot wants to be paid like Fitzgerald? Are you kidding me?

He's a joke.

Marshall is douche bag but the half-assing comment is silly. He led the team in receptions after missing the offseason program and playing in no preseason games. That's rust and being unsure of you assignment, not half-assing. How hard do you think Eddie Royal played because he didn't do crap.

orinjkrush
09-16-2009, 05:45 AM
if BM is dogging it, i think his teammates would know and get all over him.

fans can opine, but the locker room will get brutal.

kent156
09-16-2009, 05:52 AM
Marshall is douche bag but the half-assing comment is silly. He led the team in receptions after missing the offseason program and playing in no preseason games. That's rust and being unsure of you assignment, not half-assing. How hard do you think Eddie Royal played because he didn't do crap.

I believe Royal was being doubled covered a lot, along with the fact Orton looked hesitant to pull the trigger. As for Marshall he has to make that catch no excuses.

Rabb
09-16-2009, 05:58 AM

It could be Marshalls plan to just dog it all yr and still think he gets offers next yr.

You would think with the talk they have spoken about a new deal he would play hard. Who knows but a few more games will tell.

One thing is certain though Broncos need to throw to the TE more. Broncos need to drop no balls because Orton needs every completion. Oline needs to get penalized less and block for the run better.

Orton isn't good enough to have players like Marshall, Hamilton etc blow plays for him. He needs players like that to kick ass.

I don't disagree at all, but can't you say this for any team/QB?

Man-Goblin
09-16-2009, 06:01 AM
Marshall has to make that catch, sure. But maybe I'm alone in thinking he was playing pretty hard out there. He even saved Orton by fighting for a ball that probably should have been picked, and seemed genuinely excited after the big play.

I mean, I'm not saying he's happy to be here, but how do people expect him to look after something like 5 practices all year?

WolfpackGuy
09-16-2009, 06:05 AM
Orton puts another 3 yards on the ball, that's an easy TD.

Broncoman13
09-16-2009, 06:12 AM

That ball came off flat too. When he threw it I thought it was trouble b/c it looked like the gloved hand stuck to the ball a little too long. It was certainly on the money though.

And, as far as Philip Rivers is concerned... his armstrength has always been adequate, but nothing special. His ability to put the deep ball on the money is what sets him aside from most NFL QBs. I'm hoping that Kyle Orton will develop that accuracy or at least show some of it when the glove comes off, but I'm not holding my breath either.

One play comes to mind that really sets Rivers apart from Orton. The 3rd down conversion to Tony Scheffler in the 3rd Quarter last Sunday. The ball was thrown to a place where Scheff could make the play, but he had to go down for the ball which resulted in no yardage after the catch. When a QB like Rivers, Brees, Rodgers, Manning, etc. make that throw, 9 out of 10 times they put it where the receiver makes the catch without breaking stride. Simply put, Orton leads Scheff and he probably has a 70 yard TD. Again, I'm hoping it's the glove holding him back, but I'm sure not holding my breath.

WolfpackGuy
09-16-2009, 06:14 AM
Simply put, Orton leads Scheff and he probably has a 70 yard TD. Again, I'm hoping it's the glove holding him back, but I'm sure not holding my breath.

That was another easy TD missed.

RhymesayersDU
09-16-2009, 06:18 AM
ROFL @ Marshall haters.

This will be an awesome seasn.

TailgateNut
09-16-2009, 06:26 AM
ROFL @ Marshall haters.

NO, ROFL at Marshall Nuthuggers. His games are childish and were getting old and if he doesn't start performing at the level he expects to be rewarded for, then bench his stupid ass. That ball went THROUGH HIS HANDS. A bit underthrown, but right through his hands.

baja
09-16-2009, 06:27 AM
<b>If Marshall doesn't look like Marshall by week 3. And we have a few more of these phantom balls the old marshall would have snagged, go un snagged, then we have a big problem. </b>

As soon as the coaching staff get even a whiff of that we should trade him for whatever (some team will have an injury) and cut our losses and move on.

errand
09-16-2009, 06:28 AM
Orton puts another 3 yards on the ball, that's an easy TD.

Orton did what he could do...he's not Cutler or Elway in the arm dept., but his arm is good enough.

Marshall didn't do what we all know he could......catch a catchable ball.

gtown
09-16-2009, 06:40 AM
On a side note, that was a nice ball Orton threw. Not sure what the route was supposed to be or whether Marshall slowed up or not, but the ball looked well placed. It was nice to see a pass play down the field that was NOT into double or triple coverage. Orton can sling that thing when he wants to.

Beantown Bronco
09-16-2009, 06:43 AM
He can't blame the sun for that one. If you look at the replay, and pretend Marshall is staring directly back at the goal posts behind him, the sun is at about 2:00 and Orton is throwing from about 11:00. You can tell where the sun is by looking at the shadows of the players.

Just one of the things I looked for when the announcers said it might have been the sun.

Dedhed
09-16-2009, 06:51 AM
Marshall has to make that catch, sure. But maybe I'm alone in thinking he was playing pretty hard out there. He even saved Orton by fighting for a ball that probably should have been picked, and seemed genuinely excited after the big play.

I mean, I'm not saying he's happy to be here, but how do people expect him to look after something like 5 practices all year?

I'm going to give Marshall the benefit of the doubt in this one and chalk the lackluster performance up to being rusty and not knowing the playbook very well.

But if the man wants to get paid he better make that catch.

Rock Chalk
09-16-2009, 06:57 AM
I'm going to give Marshall the benefit of the doubt in this one and chalk the lackluster performance up to being rusty and not knowing the playbook very well.

But if the man wants to get paid he better make that catch.

Playbook has nothing to do with catching a ball that goes right through your mittens.

No excuse for Marshall.

TailgateNut
09-16-2009, 07:01 AM
Playbook has nothing to do with catching a ball that goes right through your mittens.

No excuse for Marshall.

Well at least he didn't bat it to the ground:yayaya:

cmhargrove
09-16-2009, 07:39 AM
No one believes the lack of practice together may be an issue with timing/distance?

These two haven't really played together very long. I think that as Marshall commits on the practice field, this play will become more effective because they can judge the distances properly.

I think they will fix this play, and I hope to God they keep pushing some deep plays for Marshall. Now - its his job to fight for every ball if he wants to be paid like a top WR.

Beantown Bronco
09-16-2009, 07:48 AM
It was just a REALLY weird week for dropped passes. Literally every single game I watched had guys dropping passes left and right. I didn't see a single "clean" game in that regard. Even freakin' Wes Welker looked like garbage and dropped the first 3 or 4 passes thrown his way until he finally settled down in the 2nd half.

ScottXray
09-16-2009, 08:00 AM
I'll give Marshall a pass on that play, although he should have caught it.

It was thrown WELL ENOUGH and though not 50 yards on a rope, and Marshall did have to slow down, he still was the only one with a chance to catch it, and he should have. And it was 50 yards +- in the air.

Too many more of those might indicate he is dogging it , but he was one of the first down the field to congratulates Stokes on his miracle, and looked really enthused that we were going to win.

Hopefully the dropsies go away for the most part by next week, and Quinn doesn't look like he did against our secondary last year. The one that made everyone look all pro. (unlikely as Slowick is not here)

Beantown Bronco
09-16-2009, 08:10 AM
Too many more of those might indicate he is dogging it , but he was one of the first down the field to congratulates Stokes on his miracle, and looked really enthused that we were going to win.

Not true.

Please provide evidence of this, because I've watched a dozen replays of it and re-watched this play on my DVR numerous times, and the first time they are shown in the same frame is on the sidelines together after the failed 2 pt conversion.

Marshall never ran down the field and took part in the celebration in the EZ. I don't want to be a d*ck about it, but it jumped out to me when it happened and I actually made a comment about it immediately afterwards.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81292440/WK-1-Can-t-Miss-Stokley-s-game-winning-TD

bronco militia
09-16-2009, 08:12 AM
it was just a really weird week for dropped passes. Literally every single game i watched had guys dropping passes left and right. I didn't see a single "clean" game in that regard. Even freakin' wes welker looked like garbage and dropped the first 3 or 4 passes thrown his way until he finally settled down in the 2nd half.

no doubt!

mr007
09-16-2009, 08:19 AM
It's pretty laughable to compare Orton's arm to Rivers. From what I have seen in week one (and I'm hoping it's just jitters) is that Orton has one, if not the weakest arm out of starting QBs in the NFL.

broncswin
09-16-2009, 08:24 AM
Orton under throw
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

You called that an under throw, are you kidding me, that was a nicely placed ball on a line...Mash dropped it plain and simple

kamakazi_kal
09-16-2009, 08:26 AM

Or, Orton could have hit him in stride.

broncswin
ROFL @ Marshall haters.

I think he shoulda caught the ball, but that doesn't mean I am hating on him, I think he played hard out there.

SonOfLe-loLang
While i agree marshall looks rusty (as we he should be, he barely practiced), i think people are saying he looked indifferent only because of a bias against him. He looked the same as he always did to me. I don't think he's tanking it out there and dropping balls on purpose. Sure, he might be frustrated, but i saw no evidence of him tanking it.

As far as being in shape, he sucked wind all of last year too...maybe thats just his thing

LittleFloyd
09-16-2009, 08:27 AM
It was an impossible catch for BMarsh to make as the air got into his eyes.

kamakazi_kal
09-16-2009, 08:28 AM
It's pretty laughable to compare Orton's arm to Rivers. From what I have seen in week one (and I'm hoping it's just jitters) is that Orton has one, if not the weakest arm out of starting QBs in the NFL.

Pennington throws a better ball and that dude has a wet noodle attached to the right side of his body.

SonOfLe-loLang

Lets put you in front of 4 charging 280+ men and see how accurate you can throw a ball 50 yards down field in traffic. c'mon...if they ball hits your hands, you catch it. Perhaps the sun was in his eyes, perhaps he was off balance, perhaps he misjudged it, but he's a great NFL receiver and thats a catch he should make.

broncswin
Who really cares, why are we talking about one throw and catch that ended up having no effect on the game anyways...and yes I am just as guilty as anyone.

Man-Goblin
09-16-2009, 08:30 AM
Not true.

Please provide evidence of this, because I've watched a dozen replays of it and re-watched this play on my DVR numerous times, and the first time they are shown in the same frame is on the sidelines together after the failed 2 pt conversion.

Marshall never ran down the field and took part in the celebration in the EZ. I don't want to be a d*ck about it, but it jumped out to me when it happened and I actually made a comment about it immediately afterwards.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81292440/WK-1-Can-t-Miss-Stokley-s-game-winning-TD

Well, he got his clock cleaned pretty good by Roy Williams on the play (incidentally, Williams was probably the deep safety on the play, and that allowed for Stokely to make the play!). So he may have been down and out, I dunno.

I'm not here to defend Brandon by any means. I just don't really see any evidence that suggests he was dogging it in this game.

kamakazi_kal
09-16-2009, 08:34 AM
Orton did what he could do...he's not Cutler or Elway in the arm dept., but his arm is good enough.

Marshall didn't do what we all know he could......catch a catchable ball.

I love how everyone is all over one dropped ball. Marshall never had the best hands. I understand I'll be seen as a hater but how can you just excuse the passes tossed by Orton. Damn near every throw was behind or late to his wideouts beyond 6 yards.

Nothing has changed with the glove he was the same in the preseason.

delany
09-16-2009, 08:38 AM
I'm not here to defend Brandon by any means. I just don't really see any evidence that suggests he was dogging it in this game.

I agree with you. However, people are going to see whatever they want to see. That play won't change peoples opinion of him one way or another.

Although with all the lectures that are given here on supporting the current Bronco players and team no matter what...I am surprised that the same people who instruct us all on how to be true fans post after post, choose to keep their personal bias intact regarding this player.

I don't mind the rah, rah types of posters...but I think the hypocritical ones are ree-dick-u-lous.

TailgateNut
09-16-2009, 08:43 AM

:thumbsup:

TailgateNut
09-16-2009, 08:46 AM
I agree with you. However, people are going to see whatever they want to see. That play won't change peoples opinion of him one way or another.

Although with all the lectures that are given here on supporting the current Bronco players and team no matter what...I am surprised that the same people who instruct us all on how to be true fans post after post, choose to keep their personal bias intact regarding this player.

I don't mind the rah, rah types of posters...but I think the hypocritical ones are ree-dick-u-lous.

Personal bias aside, take a look at the film/ shot from the endzone camera. That ball was right on target, he just had to "PUT HIS HANDS TOGETHER".

outdoor_miner
09-16-2009, 08:49 AM

This is crap. That drop was on Marshall plain and simple. If Orton had hit Marshall in stride, perhaps Marshall could have scored. However, the biggest thing in that situation is throwing a catchable ball where the receiver is the only one who can get it, and Orton did just that. Marshall absolutely needed to make that play. How many times did Cutler (or any other qb for that matter) hit someone 50 yards down field perfectly in stride? Not many.

Now, I don't think Marshall is dogging it, or dropped it on purpose, or whatever. I think he is out of sync right now having missed so much time, and he just screwed up. However, that was 100% on Marshall. Orton did fine on that pass.

Now the rest of the game? Yes, Orton looked pretty rusty, and certainly missed a lot of passes. However, this is not one of them...

kamakazi_kal
09-16-2009, 08:52 AM
Lets put you in front of 4 charging 280+ men and see how accurate you can throw a ball 50 yards down field in traffic. c'mon...if they ball hits your hands, you catch it. Perhaps the sun was in his eyes, perhaps he was off balance, perhaps he misjudged it, but he's a great NFL receiver and thats a catch he should make.

Yeah, Ok.... I don't caim to be a professional QB. What would be your excuse for the rest of the game?

START SIMMS......

Peoples Champ
09-16-2009, 08:52 AM

Ya, It was positive that we can throw down field, and I did like Orton's accuracy, but not positive that Marshall looked like me trying to catch it.

kamakazi_kal
09-16-2009, 08:56 AM
This is crap. That drop was on Marshall plain and simple. If Orton had hit Marshall in stride, perhaps Marshall could have scored. However, the biggest thing in that situation is throwing a catchable ball where the receiver is the only one who can get it, and Orton did just that. Marshall absolutely needed to make that play. How many times did Cutler (or any other qb for that matter) hit someone 50 yards down field perfectly in stride? Not many.

Now, I don't think Marshall is dogging it, or dropped it on purpose, or whatever. I think he is out of sync right now having missed so much time, and he just screwed up. However, that was 100% on Marshall. Orton did fine on that pass.

Now the rest of the game? Yes, Orton looked pretty rusty, and certainly missed a lot of passes. However, this is not one of them...

RUSTY ..... dude Marshall was suspended or missed most/all of training camp and preseason you expect him to be rusty. Orton missed 3 practices and he gets a pass for the entire game?

Would it matter if that game didn't have a lucky tipped pass in it?

TailgateNut
09-16-2009, 09:02 AM
RUSTY ..... dude Marshall was suspended or missed most/all of training camp and preseason you expect him to be rusty. Orton missed 3 practices and he gets a pass for the entire game?

Would it have mattered if we had your hero on the team and he threw 4 interceptions?

Yep, it would have been a LOSS!

You're so biased it wouldn't matter if his record were 20-24, 3 tds, 0 int. You would still be bitching about Orton.

outdoor_miner
09-16-2009, 09:25 AM

Dude - I'm arguing about that specific pass, which was a nice play by Orton. You implied that it was Orton's fault that Marshall didn't make that play, and it was not. It was a good play by Orton and a bad one by Marshall. I thought that play was one of the only "positives" from the offense in that game (along with 0 turnovers), so it's not like I'm jumping up and down over Orton's performance. However, it was good to see he can make a play down the field. Otherwise, he looked pretty crappy in my opinion. I'm not giving up on him after 1 game, but he definitely needs to improve.

Cito Pelon
09-16-2009, 09:43 AM
I liked that playcall. Need to see that twice a game.

The pass was a heartbeat too late, but the recognition and nice pattern by Marshall was good to see. I'm not gonna bag on Marshall for that, he ran a beautiful pattern. It was also a nicely delivered pass, just a tad late. Good velocity on the pass, perfectly placed.

I'm not gonna bag on Marshall, I think he gave it his all out there Sunday. He's back.

broncocalijohn
09-16-2009, 10:53 AM
Who really cares, why are we talking about one throw and catch that ended up having no effect on the game anyways...and yes I am just as guilty as anyone.

Because that one "catch" could have led to a field goal or a TD and we wouldnt have needed to get lucky with 28 seconds left.

TailgateNut
09-16-2009, 11:00 AM
Because that one "catch" could have led to a field goal or a TD and we wouldnt have needed to get lucky with 28 seconds left.

Bingo! ....and we wouldn't be questioning Marsha's dedication.

kamakazi_kal
09-16-2009, 11:04 AM
Would it have mattered if we had your hero on the team and he threw 4 interceptions?

Yep, it would have been a LOSS!

You're so biased it wouldn't matter if his record were 20-24, 3 tds, 0 int. You would still be b****ing about Orton.

Nice try, I didn't mention Cutler at all..... If you had read my post you would have seen the

-----START SIMMS ---

in capital letters ........ I'm thinking your the one who can't stop thinking about Cutler.

Let me tell if not for a crazy tipped pass it would have been a loss so you stop being biased. I'll also say I could give a **** about Orton win loss record. Since he's been here he has looked like crap and not a QB that going to throw 3td with 0 int's like you claim.

HooptyHoops
09-16-2009, 11:05 AM
It was just a REALLY weird week for dropped passes. Literally every single game I watched had guys dropping passes left and right. I didn't see a single "clean" game in that regard. Even freakin' Wes Welker looked like garbage and dropped the first 3 or 4 passes thrown his way until he finally settled down in the 2nd half.

Totally agree...I kept changing the channells to other games, just to watch other wide outs drop the ball. Really weird!

Cito Pelon
09-16-2009, 11:46 AM
I think some people are getting on Marshall a little too much. Dude was a pariah in the lockerroom and justifiably so, but he had the nuts to come out and play well and there was probably some players that were against that and in contention with the coaching staff about starting a guy that had spit on the team.

Nobody high-fived Marshall, and that's just how it is when you've been an ass and haven't contributed to the team effort. But, he took it like a man, and came out playing hard. He had to pay his dues that game, we'll see how it plays out. Just part of the maturing process.

ScottXray
09-16-2009, 11:53 AM
Not true.

I thought I saw him down there. (late yes, since the Bengals made absolutely sure to clock BM out of bounds on the play after the tip (which was part of the reason there was no one available to catch stokes..they were making positively sure that Marshall couldn't catch the tip by two of em driving him OOB)). However, you could be right...maybe it was Royal .

I haven't watched the game again, and I was so shocked and crazed by the ending that You are probably right. Still, he WAS happy about the result...several pics illustrate that.

We'll see in a couple more games.

thumpc
09-16-2009, 12:27 PM
Marshall and Stokley hugged it out on the sideline quite a bit after the td, they had a good 'ole time. The chemistry will be fine, BM hasn't trashed any teamates to the media.

rastaman
09-16-2009, 01:11 PM

Marshall has pissed off "Thin-Skin" bronco fans no doubt about it.

On the one-hand these Marshall hating fans wants BMarsh to play at or at least attempt to their satisfaction that he's doing everything to return to his 07 and 08 performance.

If Marshall fails to do so, then he not only is a douche but the fans won't give one inch to think that the 09 Broncos aren't the 07 and 08 Broncos.....but Marshall had better magically prove to them otherwise or his name is "Dirt".

Yep! these type of Bronco Fans are the fans every player in the NFL wish they could come and play for and to have cheering for them.

All you (not you "Run") Bmarsh haters, if their goal is to run Marshall out of town b/c of what he has done or has not done since 2006, they are well on the way to achieving that goal. The results maybe that Brandon may want to leave Denver regardless of what type of contract the Broncos offer him due to fan hatred alone he has endured.

Question is, if Marshall is willing to get back out there and let by gones be by gones for the season, shouldn't the fans do the same? The fans want Brandon to get out there and put behind him the off season drama, but at the same time its the fans that don't want to forget what had transpired in the off-season and training camp and the preseason. Fans can't have it both ways.

Already the Marshall haters have said he's dogging it and not putting forward the effort to their selfish satisfaction; while conveniently forgetting Brandon doesn't have a Pro Bowl QB throwing him the ball. Funny how fans haven't come out and said Orton was dogging it against Cincy!

Here's another thought, imagine if BMarsh went to the media and reported what Douches and Azz Holes the Marshall hater fans are/were! Would Brandon be wrong to do this? Yet the Bronco hating fans would take exceptions to Bmarsh calling them douche fans---their skinned feelings would be hurt and they'd want even more revenge. Should McD bench Brandon for calling out the fans who hate on him? Should fans boo Marshall after he has a lousy game and while going into the tunnel to the locker roon....Brandon flips off the fans doing the booing? Or will the booing fans be adults about it and say "yeah we deserved it! Good on you Brandon.

But we all know the Marshall hating fans want it both ways b/c of their arrogant child-mentality. The fans want "Cart Blanche" to boo and call Brandon every name in the book, but Marshall had better not Lash out at his haters......RIGHT!

GO BRANDON....SHOW THESE MALCONTENT HATING FANS HOW WRONG THEY ARE.

rastaman
09-16-2009, 01:19 PM
Marshall and Stokley hugged it out on the sideline quite a bit after the td, they had a good 'ole time. The chemistry will be fine, BM hasn't trashed any teamates to the media.

You are right. Although some of Bmarsh's teammates trashed in the media, someone has to step up and be the adult. Brandon has shown maturity in this regard of not speaking ill of his teammates.

TailgateNut
09-16-2009, 01:20 PM
Marshall has pissed off "Thin-Skin" bronco fans no doubt about it.

On the one-hand these Marshall hating fans wants BMarsh to play at or at least attempt to their satisfaction that he's doing everything to return to his 07 and 08 performance.

If Marshall fails to do so, then he not only is a douche but the fans won't give one inch to think that the 09 Broncos aren't the 07 and 08 Broncos.....but Marshall had better magically prove to them otherwise or his name is "Dirt".

Yep! these type of Bronco Fans are the fans every player in the NFL wish they could come and play for and to have cheering for them.

All you (not you "Run") Bmarsh haters, if their goal is to run Marshall out of town b/c of what he has done or has not done since 2006, they are well on the way to achieving that goal. The results maybe that Brandon may want to leave Denver regardless of what type of contract the Broncos offer him due to fan hatred alone he has endured.

Question is, if Marshall is willing to get back out there and let by gones be by gones for the season, shouldn't the fans do the same? The fans want Brandon to get out there and put behind him the off season drama, but at the same time its the fans that don't want to forget what had transpired in the off-season and training camp and the preseason. Fans can't have it both ways.

Already the Marshall haters have said he's dogging it and not putting forward the effort to their selfish satisfaction; while conveniently forgetting Brandon doesn't have a Pro Bowl QB throwing him the ball. Funny how fans haven't come out and said Orton was dogging it against Cincy!

Here's another thought, imagine if BMarsh went to the media and reported what Douches and Azz Holes the Marshall hater fans are/were! Would Brandon be wrong to do this? Yet the Bronco hating fans would take exceptions to Bmarsh calling them douche fans---their skinned feelings would be hurt and they'd want even more revenge. Should McD bench Brandon for calling out the fans who hate on him? Should fans boo Marshall after he has a lousy game and while going into the tunnel to the locker roon....Brandon flips off the fans doing the booing? Or will the booing fans be adults about it and say "yeah we deserved it! Good on you Brandon.

But we all know the Marshall hating fans want it both ways b/c of their arrogant child-mentality. The fans want "Cart Blanche" to boo and call Brandon every name in the book, but Marshall had better not Lash out at his haters......RIGHT!

GO BRANDON....SHOW THESE MALCONTENT HATING FANS HOW WRONG THEY ARE.

Hey ASSHOLE. BM has already "called out the fans", a long time ago when he and the broncos were stinking up the field.
Marshall is the one who needs to RE-earn respect from the fan base. He's the one who screwed up off the field and played childish games which got him suspended during the season and also played childish games which got his ass benched in the pre-season. He's a child who has to prove he's a man who deserved the respect of the Bronco fans. NOT the other way around you ****ing BM lovin DORK.

BTW: he also needs to RE-earn the respect of his team. He needs to get his **** together or ship out just like the other douche.

LonghornBronco
09-16-2009, 01:33 PM
I'm not worried, it's understandable that he is a bit rusty. I think he'll be back to his old self by week three, provided he doesn't have another brain fart.

Man-Goblin
09-16-2009, 02:01 PM
I'm not worried, it's understandable that he is a bit rusty. I think he'll be back to his old self by week three, provided he doesn't have another brain fart.

I could see this happening. Hell, he's 4 catches ahead of where he was last year!:thumbsup:

The fact is, he knows he has to perform now. The poster that wrote that he had to RE-earn the respect of everyone was spot on. Any leverage or open market value he HAD went out the window when that practice footage hit the airwaves.

Donk
09-17-2009, 11:06 PM
Good job Marshall
I didn't notice it while watching the game, but I just went back and took another look at it. (Using VLC player you can control how slow or fast the playback is.) I slowed it down from the time Orton took the snap and slowed it down more as the ball approached Marshall. Two things occurred: 1) Orton under threw him by about 15 yards. 2) The defensive back had Marshall wrapped up when the ball was still 4 or 5 feet above them.

It was a gross underthrow though. Watching it in super slow-mo you can see that Marshall is behind the defense, and all of the sudden has to throw on the breaks to go and play defensive back himself.

Popps
09-17-2009, 11:12 PM
Good job Marshall
I didn't notice it while watching the game, but I just went back and took another look at it. (Using VLC player you can control how slow or fast the playback is.) I slowed it down from the time Orton took the snap and slowed it down more as the ball approached Marshall. Two things occurred: 1) Orton under threw him by about 15 yards. 2) The defensive back had Marshall wrapped up when the ball was still 4 or 5 feet above them.

It was a gross underthrow though. Watching it in super slow-mo you can see that Marshall is behind the defense, and all of the sudden has to throw on the breaks to go and play defensive back himself.

The ball was barely under-thrown, if at all.

It hit Brandon right in the chest, like like the other passes he half-assed and dropped.

He's useless, and will likely only start playing hard if he thinks it'll help him get paid, not because he cares about winning. But, he's too goddamned stupid to likely even figure that out.

rastaman
09-18-2009, 07:46 AM

It was an impossible catch for Brandon to make b/c he just couldn't shake out the image in his mind how Bowlen lied to him about his contract extinsion. Kinda-hard to concentrate--ya know! ROFL!

rastaman
09-18-2009, 07:48 AM

It hit Brandon right in the chest, like like the other passes he half-assed and dropped.

He's useless, and will likely only start playing hard if he thinks it'll help him get paid, not because he cares about winning. But, he's too goddamned stupid to likely even figure that out.

Geee Popps can it be anymore obvious how much you hate Marshall! How re-dicu-lous.

rastaman
09-18-2009, 07:51 AM

When Bmarsh shakes off his rust......Orton maynot have shaken off his rust! So we are still back at square one.

Karenin
09-18-2009, 08:38 AM
Serious question rastaman: are you mentally handicapped? Because if you are, I'll stop insulting you. Your comprehension and writing abilities are about par for a 13 year old, but apparently you're 51?!?!? I mean seriously, if you're a retard I'll stop making fun of you because I don't roll like that.

Beantown Bronco
09-18-2009, 08:39 AM
I mean seriously, if you're a retard I'll stop making fun of you because I don't roll like that.

BS. I know I've seen you make fun of Bob. :~ohyah!:

Karenin
09-18-2009, 08:42 AM
haha, good point. Bob is like the retard that kicked that black dude's kid though, he always has it coming, whereas I think rastaman is the kind of retard who can't even wipe himself and should just live in an institution.

oubronco
09-18-2009, 08:47 AM

Good God It's pretty simple WR's DO NOT catch every ball thrown there way even if it hits them in the hands

Crushaholic
09-18-2009, 08:50 AM
I actually think he did OK for someone who did little but whine and moan during training camp. I expect a better game from Marshall this week...

barryr
09-18-2009, 11:05 AM
If Marshall feels he deserves big money, then that is the kind of catch one makes. No excuses.

Donk
09-18-2009, 01:16 PM
Review the play.
It is hard to make a play with a defender hanging on you.
The defensive back had Marshall wrapped up when the ball was still 4 or 5 feet from them.

watermock
09-18-2009, 03:04 PM
I'd rank Necbeard 20h or lower.

And the Broncos.

Funny tho, we could be 3-0 vs. Dallas.

orinjkrush
09-18-2009, 06:49 PM
hmmm...if you are an "elite" NFL wide receiver...

and your only job in life is to catch the football....

and it hits you in the hands......

GOAT!

KipCorrington25
09-18-2009, 10:59 PM

He's a joke.

Thank you. :thanku: