PDA

View Full Version : Why do Lovie's buddies keep piling on Cutler?

dragondawg
09-15-2009, 06:32 PM
You don't need to be an NFL insider to have heard the whispers about Jay Cutler's leadership skills (or lack thereof.)

The issue went national, of course, during the long buildup to Cutler's trade to Chicago, with Tony Dungy being one of the most outspoken people who questioned Cutler's maturity a few months after he joined the Bears.

Those comments raised a few eyebrows considering Dungy's relationship with Bears coach Lovie Smith, and now another coach close to Smith has jumped on Cutler's behavior.

As pointed out by The Chicago Sun-Times, Mike Martz was critical of Cutler during his NFL Network gig, especially Cutler's behavior in his post-game presser.

"[Cutler] just doesn't get it,'' Martz said. "He doesn't understand that he represents a great head coach and the rest of those players on that team ... somebody needs to talk to him."

Jim Mora also slammed Cutler for "acting like he didn't even care," which we're not sure is fair. Whether you like it or not, Cutler's laconic demeanor is a lot more consistent than his decision-making on the field. He's just not going to give fire-and-brimstone speeches.

Cutler's attitude towards the press is a lot less interesting to us than his interaction with his teammates. There have been signs that Cutler wasn't exactly a beloved leader in the Denver locker room.

Journalist Stefan Fatsis, who spent training camp in 2006 with the Broncos for a book he wrote, alluded to Cutler's aloof nature in a recent interview with the On the DL Podcast. (Outstanding book incidentally.)

Fatsis had close ties with folks throughout the Broncos organization, and there seemed to legitimate questions from within whether Cutler had the "intangibles" necessary to lead a football team. It's fair to wonder whether Josh McDaniels and company took this into account before dealing Cutler away.

Fatsis' comments popped in my head when I read what Martz's said. Hearing one coach close to Lovie Smith question Cutler's maturity was odd, but two seems like a trend.

Brad Biggs of the Sun-Times said it perfectly: "At this point, it's fair to wonder if Lovie Smith shares the same viewpoints as his mentors."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/15/why-do-lovies-buddies-keep-piling-on-cutler/

Bronx33
09-15-2009, 06:34 PM
It was the receivers fault!!

broncosteven
09-15-2009, 06:38 PM
Yet another Cutler thread,

I wish we had this many threads about Orton, or even the Broncos in general.

orinjkrush
09-15-2009, 06:49 PM
hasn't Cutler had a history of personality problems with coaches? Illinois?

Ironlung
09-15-2009, 06:57 PM

Yea me too. Id much rather read all the widows posts bashing the broncos.

TheDave
09-15-2009, 07:00 PM
Does anyone else find it ironic that Jim Mora SR. critiqued someone for how they handled a post game presser?

RhymesayersDU
09-15-2009, 07:14 PM

If you can't handle it, feel free to leave.

I'm not trying to be a prick, honestly, but if you/other people don't understand why Cutler will forever be tied to this organization and be talked about, you simply don't get it.

KipCorrington25
09-15-2009, 07:17 PM
This isn't a surprise, wasn't he first at Purdue and then had a blow up with the staff there and transferred to Illinois? Oh wait, that was Jeff George.

boltaneer
09-15-2009, 07:26 PM
Does anyone else find it ironic that Jim Mora SR. critiqued someone for how they handled a post game presser?

He poked fun at himself while doing it.

Another Lovie coaching friend fires on Cutler, Mora adds on too (http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2009/09/another_lovie_coaching_friend.html)

Cutler can come across as being brusque in press conferences to uninterested and it's fair to say he was short Sunday night. What Dungy and Martz saw gave them reason to be concerned beyond the mistakes on the field.

"Having always handled my postgame press conferences in a professional way, I'm an authority on these types of things,'' Mora joked, referring to his "playoffs" rant that has become a popular beer commercial. "I just didn't think he was very professional, very accountable. I could give him a tip or two.''

Rock Chalk
09-15-2009, 09:43 PM
If it walks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck....

This whole situation with teh Cutler fans (bears and bronco fans alike) reminds me of Kentucky fans when they signed John Calipari - a guy who incidentally has taken two schools to teh Final Four and had both of them vacated - who seem to think Calipari is completely innocent.

Look, one time is a rumor, two times you can wonder, after that it starts to become a pattern and you can't ignore it.

baja
09-15-2009, 09:56 PM
If you can't handle it, feel free to leave.

I'm not trying to be a prick, honestly, but if you/other people don't understand why Cutler will forever be tied to this organization and be talked about, you simply don't get it.

I disagree he will only be forever tied to the Broncos if he becomes a true franchise QB, if he doesn't he will be forever tied to the Bears.

ZONA
09-15-2009, 10:23 PM
I guess being a great locker room guy is a good thing but ultimately if Cutler was getting it done on the field, there would be no talk at all about this.

Dagmar
09-15-2009, 10:27 PM
http://i27.tinypic.com/2wm001y.gif

tsiguy96
09-15-2009, 10:38 PM
that play was SICK. i bet cutler was screaming at his team then. chicago news called him out for yelling at everyone on the field.

~Crash~
09-15-2009, 10:57 PM
I hope he give you hating ****ers some big old piles of crow to eat .

Rock Chalk
09-15-2009, 11:34 PM

I hope he goes down in ****ing flames so the Broncos get a better draft pick.

But hey, Im a Broncos fan.

lazarus4444
09-15-2009, 11:39 PM
I love these cutler bashing threads!

BroncoDoug
09-15-2009, 11:40 PM
http://i27.tinypic.com/2wm001y.gif

I still love this play, even though I said this in the other thread...

DBroncos4life
09-15-2009, 11:40 PM
Why are they out of the NFL?

listopencil
09-15-2009, 11:45 PM

This.

rbackfactory80
09-16-2009, 06:17 AM
The article states you have to wonder if McD considered these things prior to trading the player. I don't think he had to wonder. It was obvious this entitled prick needed severe psychological help. Mcdaniels didn't want this guy on Denver period. It wasn't a mistake and he is saving us a ton of heartache down the road. Is Jay going to take a team to the playoffs? YES. However he has a lot of work to do to ever have a chance to hold up the Lombardi, which I do not believe he will ever do.

Hogan11
09-16-2009, 06:50 AM

Cue the widowers

jhat01
09-16-2009, 06:54 AM
i hope he goes down in ****ing flames so the broncos get a better draft pick.

But hey, im a broncos fan.

+1

_Oro_
09-16-2009, 07:13 AM
Can we just all agree to hate Cutler? He's not a very likeable guy as a person.
As a player, if he fails it helps the Broncos. So any Bronco fan should be rooting for him to fail at least this year, and I can't think of anyone besides Cutlerfan who likes him as a person... So yeah at least for one year we can all hate Cutler just as SD fans used to hate him when he was here.

Yay for hate!

TonyR
09-16-2009, 06:38 PM
Someone must tell Jay Cutler to wise up
Bears quarterback needs does of reality, to say nothing of maturity
Rick Morrissey

September 16, 2009

Who is going to tell him?

By that I mean, who is going to tell him? Who is going to get in Jay Cutler's face and inform him the Green Bay debacle was ridiculous?

The four interceptions in Sunday's opener were a career high, but the poor decision-making and the recklessness were nothing new. He did that periodically with the Broncos. It's up to someone in the Bears' organization to tell him that being blessed physically is not a license to throw risky passes over and over again.

But for the life of me, I can't figure out who that person would be.

It's also up to someone in the organization to tell Cutler that his on- and off-field demeanor needs to change. Some TV analysts were annoyed by Cutler's attitude in the news conference after the Bears' 21-15 loss to the Packers. The attitude is nothing new either.

"I thought he looked completely immature," former Saints and Colts coach Jim Mora said on the NFL Network. "He acted like he didn't even care."

Added former Rams coach Mike Martz: "He just doesn't get it. He doesn't understand that he represents a great head coach and the rest of those players on that team. Somebody needs to talk to him."

If you have been led to believe it's all about you -- if a team bets its future to acquire you and then gives you smooches at every turn -- it might be hard to listen to someone tell you it isn't all about you.

But that's the situation Cutler and the Bears find themselves in after exactly one game.

So who's going to tell him he needs to change?

Lovie Smith? The blank-faced guy on the sideline who only shows signs of life when it's time to challenge an official's decision? No. Smith has gotten to where he is by being a "player's coach," meaning he speaks no evil to his troops. The chances of Smith telling Cutler, with feeling, that his crazed quarterback act has to end are zero.

(A Denver radio host presented an interesting scenario to me Tuesday: The Bears don't make the playoffs for the third straight season, the McCaskeys fire Smith and bring in former Broncos coach Mike Shanahan to be reunited with Cutler. My on-air response was something along the lines of, "Hmmmmmmmm.")

Ron Turner? If you ever have gotten the indication the Bears offensive coordinator is a budding Buddy Ryan-like motivator, please let us know.

Jerry Angelo? The general manager has handed the team to Cutler and said, "Here, it's your baby." He could have helped tone down the hype surrounding Cutler in the off-season, but didn't. He also could have added a front-line wide receiver in the off-season, but didn't.

Brian Urlacher? Not his style, plus he's out for the season. Injured players tend to be nonentities in the NFL.

Ted Phillips? Only if Cutler complains ticket prices are too high.

Olin Kreutz? He has his own problems with the offensive line. The question is whether the Bears center will reach the point where his natural instinct to protect his quarterback will give way to doing what is right for the team. Kreutz is busy in the trenches and might not be intimately familiar with the art of quarterbacking. But he does know what a dumb decision looks like on film.

The sky isn't falling, though it is dark. The Bears need to view what happened Sunday as an opportunity. Somebody has to take Cutler aside and tell him the team needs a smart, in-control quarterback. A fiery quarterback, not a foolish one.

The way the franchise, the fans and the media have built Cutler up has been bewildering. He is not a veteran John Elway, nor even a close approximation right now. Maybe someday. That's a huge "maybe" for any young quarterback. In the same way that the trail of Michael Jordan heirs is long and bloody, so it is with all the next Elways.

It's up to the Bears to give Cutler every chance to maximize his potential. That will involve some tough love, something with which he doesn't seem overly familiar. But if they get through to their quarterback, Urlacher's absence might not be a deal-breaker for their playoff chances. And beating the Steelers this week might be more than a possibility.

When an organization has spent five months saying its new leader is a franchise quarterback who will make even the most pedestrian receivers better, it's sort of hard to tell him he's human.

But better now than later.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-16-morrissey-bears-jay-cutle.ar0sep16,0,3079212.column

lazarus4444
09-16-2009, 06:44 PM
I still believe that cutler wanted to leave because the Broncos weren't going to hero worship him constantly anymore with mcdaniels being the new head coach. He is getting a ton of hero worship in CHI although i think their fans will be quick to temper when he keeps ****ing up, lol.

TonyR
09-16-2009, 06:47 PM
The way the franchise, the fans, the OrangeMane widows, and the media have built Cutler up has been bewildering. He is not a veteran John Elway, nor even a close approximation right now. Maybe someday. That's a huge "maybe" for any young quarterback. In the same way that the trail of Michael Jordan heirs is long and bloody, so it is with all the next Elways.

I took the liberty of adding something to the above quote from the article.

atomicbloke
09-16-2009, 07:03 PM
Why is everyone over-reacting?

Cutler just had one bad game. Lots of great QBs do. And Cutler has the maturity to bounce back from a bad day at the office with a stellar performance. He is going to be the bears QB for a decade or more. One bad game doesn't mean its all gloom and doom for the Bears or Cutler.

Rock Chalk
09-16-2009, 07:05 PM

Cutler just had one bad game. Lots of great QBs do. And Cutler has the maturity to bounce back from a bad day at the office with a stellar performance. He is going to be the bears QB for a decade or more. One bad game doesn't mean its all gloom and doom for the Bears or Cutler.

HAHAHA
you are hilarious today bloke.

atomicbloke
09-16-2009, 07:08 PM
HAHAHA
you are hilarious today bloke.

You obviously haven't been following the Denver Broncos closely the last few seasons.

Time and again, Cutler has thrown a bad INT, and then shrugged it off to carry the team on his back and win.

Remember the Browns game last season?

Ironlung
09-16-2009, 07:21 PM

In your opinion.

RhymesayersDU
09-16-2009, 08:02 PM
I disagree he will only be forever tied to the Broncos if he becomes a true franchise QB, if he doesn't he will be forever tied to the Bears.

Well even then, I would say that even in that scenario, people will still bring up the trade, call McDaniels a genius for seeing what nobody else did, etc.

Until he retires he will be linked to this organization, IMO.

TonyR
09-16-2009, 08:08 PM
Time and again, Cutler has thrown a bad INT, and then shrugged it off to carry the team on his back and win.

Time and again? Carry the team on his back? Where do some of you people come up with this stuff? The guy has a lot of talent and has had some really good games here and there, but he's also had his share of clunkers and been far too inconsistent. You're building the guy up just like the author of the article I posted above pointed out. Here's the link again in case you missed it.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-16-morrissey-bears-jay-cutle.ar0sep16,0,3079212.column

The way the franchise, the fans and the media have built Cutler up has been bewildering. He is not a veteran John Elway, nor even a close approximation right now. Maybe someday. That's a huge "maybe" for any young quarterback. In the same way that the trail of Michael Jordan heirs is long and bloody, so it is with all the next Elways.

baja
09-16-2009, 08:08 PM
Well even then, I would say that even in that scenario, people will still bring up the trade, call McDaniels a genius for seeing what nobody else did, etc.

Until he retires he will be linked to this organization, IMO.

My point is a case of degree, if Cutler fails Chicago will be far more tied to Cutler than the Broncos and if he becomes the franchise QB many project than it will be the Broncos that will be the focus of ridicule.

Rock Chalk
09-16-2009, 08:58 PM
You obviously haven't been following the Denver Broncos closely the last few seasons.

You obviously have problems with understanding what I was lauging at.

The idea that Cutler has shown any maturity at all ever in his life.

Cutler is capable of having a good game sure, when he is surrounded by a crapload of talent on offense.

But he has also proven time and time again, against stiff competition, when the game is on the line and he has no weapons around him, he fails, every single time going all the way back to College.

steeledude
09-16-2009, 09:03 PM

Nah, just a douche. I'm a Broncos fan and I know Broncos fans are smarter than you.

Rock Chalk
09-16-2009, 09:07 PM
Nah, just a douche. I'm a Broncos fan and I know Broncos fans are smarter than you.

You aren't a Broncos fan.

You're a Cutler fan.

A Broncos fan will not, under any circumstances, root for Cutler at least for this year.

baja
09-16-2009, 09:09 PM

You're a Cutler fan.

A Broncos fan will not, under any circumstances, root for Cutler at least for this year.

So Cal will be disappointed to hear this.

RhymesayersDU
09-16-2009, 09:11 PM
My point is a case of degree, if Cutler fails Chicago will be far more tied to Cutler than the Broncos and if he becomes the franchise QB many project than it will be the Broncos that will be the focus of ridicule.

Fair enough. Most likely true.

Boss Man
09-16-2009, 09:34 PM

that doesnt mean he is mature...it just means he has a short memory like most great athletes do...

and i sure hope no one talks him into maturing this year, or "wising up" so we can get that better pick after that i could give a ***

UberBroncoMan
09-16-2009, 10:33 PM

To be honest though there isn't much to write about Orton.

The guy is a good human being from what I can tell... can't really knock him there.

We all know he has a noodle arm, and isn't the best physical specimen.

There really isn't much to talk about with Orton. He's just a good guy and a fairly average run of the mill NFL QB.

He hasn't caused drama, wasn't the REASON we traded Cutler etc.

Cutler was supposed to be "the next Elway" for our franchise... it's a lot different and because of that, until he retires he is always going to be brought up all the time - unless he turns into an Ashley Lelie and literally gets dumped by Chicago in a year or two, and then by another team, to the point that he isn't even more than camp fodder and a backup - he will always be talked about.

Lets be honest too, the likelihood of that happening is small.

Jeff George (who a ton of you are comparing Cutler to) had an amazing year and an above average year after being traded by Indi to Atlanta. Then he had a phenomenal first year with the Raiders. Then he went on and had an out of this world first year for the Vikings.

I would have liked to see Cutler grow in this offense and mature, but since he's not here and he's a Bear (and I hate the Bears) - I hope to see him and his team crash and burn :).

DB Doom
09-17-2009, 07:07 AM
who says white men cant jump?...bit late but what an amazing play

chrisp
09-17-2009, 07:43 AM
Whilst I agree that there are legitimate question marks about Cutler's leadership and maturity, those questions will only really be answered on the field, not in the press or the rumour-mill.

Basically, if he can lead his new team to victory consistently, then those questions will go away however he chooses to handle himself in press conferences. Furthermore, it will confirm the suggestion that all he needed to win was a defense, NOT 'intangibles' as some are saying.

However by the same reasoning, if he fails, despite the lesser talent around him on offense, it will confirm the suggestion that he is 'not a leader of men' and therefore not the quarterback that he himself and some voiceiferous people on this board thinks he is....

Now I DO want him to fail this year, as it nets us a better draft pick, but I can sympathise with how people don't want to change their spots overnight and suddenly start hating him just because he has a different uniform on. Personally, I did have my doubts about him in the past but rarely voiced those in this forum so they can't have been that strong at the time (or maybe I just didn't want to face the truth....?).

But the bottom line is I don't see one bad game as enough evidence to damn Kyle Orton so i don't see it as enough to damn Cutler either....everything looks ****ty when you lose and it can skew the debate sometimes........personally I'm going to wait untill the end of the season before pronouncing judgement on this guy....

MaloCS
09-17-2009, 11:10 AM

Why? Orton is boring. Watching Orton play is like watching paint dry. Listening to Orton talk is just as boring.

At least with Jay he's exciting to watch and interesting to talk about. You either love him or hate him which leads to some great debates. Orton is just boring and the few threads about him are just as boring.

Just my opinion. Nothing personal. :)

TailgateNut
09-17-2009, 11:18 AM
Why? Orton is boring. Watching Orton play is like watching paint dry. Listening to Orton talk is just as boring.

At least with Jay he's exciting to watch and interesting to talk about. You either love him or hate him which leads to some great debates. Orton is just boring and the few threads about him are just as boring.

Just my opinion. Nothing personal. :)

:spit:Yep, Cutler was "exiting to watch" as he chucked 4 interceptions (which BTW could have been 7) in one frigging game. I know I had a great time watching him toss those turnovers while playing for his favorite team. At least the ****wad isn't doing it as a Bronco anymore.

TonyR
09-17-2009, 12:40 PM
:spit:Yep, Cutler was "exiting to watch" as he chucked 4 interceptions (which BTW could have been 7) in one frigging game.

Jon Gruden on Mike & Mike this morning stated "he threw four picks and had four more dropped". Funny how fast the media turns on people and changes its story. He was Chicago's savior a couple of weeks ago. And I'm sure if they somehow beat Pittsburgh and he plays well he will be again. Until the next inevitable clunker...

TailgateNut
09-17-2009, 12:43 PM
Jon Gruden on Mike & Mike this morning stated "he threw four picks and had four more dropped". Funny how fast the media turns on people and changes its story. He was Chicago's savior a couple of weeks ago. And I'm sure if they somehow beat Pittsburgh and he plays well he will be again. Until the next inevitable clunker...

I was a bit hesitant about picking Chicago as the LOSER last week, but I did just because I knew they Had CHOKE JOB behind center.
This week I am a bit more confident in poicking them as the loser, because he's still behind center and he will try harder to win which = interceptions.:~ohyah!:

Rohirrim
09-17-2009, 01:26 PM
I want Cutler to fail miserably this year and take his team down with him. After that, I don't care what he does. Since he seemed to lose his cool so badly agains the Packers D, I can't wait to see what happens when the Steelers start whacking him. ;D

Cleo McDowell
09-18-2009, 07:15 AM
I still love this play, even though I said this in the other thread...

holy sh**!

rastaman
09-18-2009, 07:23 AM
I still believe that cutler wanted to leave because the Broncos weren't going to hero worship him constantly anymore with mcdaniels being the new head coach. He is getting a ton of hero worship in CHI although i think their fans will be quick to temper when he keeps ****ing up, lol.

Wonder when the quick temper Orton fan is going are going to turn on him....I mean Ole' Kyle has only been dogging it since training camp, the preseson and week 1.

WyoLaw
09-18-2009, 07:24 AM

You're a Cutler fan.

Couldn't agree more.

Peoples Champ
09-18-2009, 07:25 AM
I want Cutler to fail miserably this year and take his team down with him. After that, I don't care what he does. Since he seemed to lose his cool so badly agains the Packers D, I can't wait to see what happens when the Steelers start whacking him. ;D

If Palomalo was in, it would be all over, so Jay has it a little easier, but still might throw 3 picks. If Troy was in the DB field Cutler would have 6 picks.

rastaman
09-18-2009, 07:25 AM
I was a bit hesitant about picking Chicago as the LOSER last week, but I did just because I knew they Had CHOKE JOB behind center.
This week I am a bit more confident in poicking them as the loser, because he's still behind center and he will try harder to win which = interceptions.:~ohyah!:

Well ya gotta go with your first HUNCH! :approve:

rastaman
09-18-2009, 07:29 AM

Cutler is capable of having a good game sure, when he is surrounded by a crapload of talent on offense.

But he has also proven time and time again, against stiff competition, when the game is on the line and he has no weapons around him, he fails, every single time going all the way back to College.

Well Orton is surrounded by a boat load of talent....what is his excuse?

TailgateNut
09-18-2009, 08:10 AM

As long as he doesn't throw anything in BM's direction hell improve his completion percentage.

GreatBronco16
09-18-2009, 08:18 AM

One of these guys is 1-0 with no picks, and the other isn't. ;D

baja
09-18-2009, 04:53 PM
Whilst I agree that there are legitimate question marks about Cutler's leadership and maturity, those questions will only really be answered on the field, not in the press or the rumour-mill.

Basically, if he can lead his new team to victory consistently, then those questions will go away however he chooses to handle himself in press conferences. Furthermore, it will confirm the suggestion that all he needed to win was a defense, NOT 'intangibles' as some are saying.

However by the same reasoning, if he fails, despite the lesser talent around him on offense, it will confirm the suggestion that he is 'not a leader of men' and therefore not the quarterback that he himself and some voiceiferous people on this board thinks he is....

Now I DO want him to fail this year, as it nets us a better draft pick, but I can sympathise with how people don't want to change their spots overnight and suddenly start hating him just because he has a different uniform on. Personally, I did have my doubts about him in the past but rarely voiced those in this forum so they can't have been that strong at the time<b> (or maybe I just didn't want to face the truth....?).</b>

But the bottom line is I don't see one bad game as enough evidence to damn Kyle Orton so i don't see it as enough to damn Cutler either....everything looks ****ty when you lose and it can skew the debate sometimes........personally I'm going to wait untill the end of the season before pronouncing judgement on this guy....

I think that is the case with many of us, I know I did.

baja
09-18-2009, 04:56 PM
holy sh**!

So are you actually Cleo Dowell

NYBronc
09-18-2009, 05:56 PM
"They got the Big Mac.... I got the Big Mick."

watermock
09-18-2009, 06:41 PM

Axcually, he led his team to he HS championship, and took Vandy to it's first bowl game in decades.

Unfortunately, we will never find out what he might have done here.

All I know is he D looks alot better and the O alot worse.

Popps
09-18-2009, 06:46 PM
Unfortunately, we will never find out what he might have done here.

Well, we found out what he DID do here. Threw the 2nd most INTs in the league last season, has a losing record and was regularly questioned with regards to his leadership.

But, he's off to a great start in Chicago.

Hilarious!

Anyone hear Jaworski picking apart his mechanics on EPSN today? He said he was flat out "shocked" at how bad he looked. Said he threw off-balance, flat-footed, off his back foot, etc. Said he basically needs to go back to square one, mechanically.

Of course, many of us around here knew that a long time ago.

Bronx33
09-18-2009, 07:04 PM

I just don't give a crap anymore. McD, Bowlen, the Commish, everything has disenfranchised me from this sport. I might not watch another game. Football's gotten really lame in Denver. I love the Broncs but I just can't root for them because of the reasons I just listed, in addition to knowing my praise and hope is being shared with absolute a-hole fans that I see all over these boards. The kind of guys who know everything about everyone, are never wrong, etc. Kind of like you.

And since you all seem to have the reading comprehension of, I don't know, burnt out high school quarterbacks (third stringers like the dude from Napolean Dynamite who can throw a football over those mountains over there), I'll iterate that I don't want the Broncos to lose. They're just going to lose. And the one good thing I can take from that is the douches like this thread starter won't post anymore! Now that's a victory.

Your no fan....

steeledude
09-18-2009, 07:34 PM
I just don't give a crap anymore. McD, Bowlen, the Commish, everything has disenfranchised me from this sport. I might not watch another game. Football's gotten really lame in Denver. I love the Broncs but I just can't root for them because of the reasons I just listed, in addition to knowing my praise and hope is being shared with absolute a-hole fans that I see all over these boards. The kind of guys who know everything about everyone, are never wrong, etc. Kind of like you.

And since you all seem to have the reading comprehension of, I don't know, burnt out high school quarterbacks (third stringers like the dude from Napolean Dynamite who can throw a football over those mountains over there), I'll iterate that I don't want the Broncos to lose. They're just going to lose. And the one good thing I can take from that is the douches like this thread starter won't post anymore! Now that's a victory.

Your no fan....

It would be "you're" no fan, but nonetheless, post my last response in that thread too. DOUCHED!

I decided just because I hate fans like you, that is no reason to not root for some of my favorite players.

Bronx33
09-18-2009, 07:42 PM
It would be "you're" no fan, but nonetheless, post my last response in that thread too. DOUCHED!

I decided just because I hate fans like you, that is no reason to not root for some of my favorite players.

I said you made the list now you know what list.

steeledude
09-18-2009, 07:51 PM
I said you made the list now you know what list.

I still have no freakin' clue what you're talking about. You just seem like a crazy stalker mostly. Kind of like my old girlfriend, but I'm guessing you're a guy and prepubescent. So gross all around.

Steve Sewell
09-18-2009, 08:56 PM

Yes, unless the Broncos win a SB before him, which I believe they will. I think McDaniels is the real deal.

Steve Sewell
09-18-2009, 09:01 PM

Now I DO want him to fail this year, as it nets us a better draft pick, but I can sympathise with how people don't want to change their spots overnight and suddenly start hating him just because he has a different uniform on. Personally, I did have my doubts about him in the past but rarely voiced those in this forum so they can't have been that strong at the time (or maybe I just didn't want to face the truth....?).

Well said. Its saying something when one of our Brit fans is more football savvy and level headed than 95% of the board.

ScottXray
09-18-2009, 09:05 PM

Why are you still here? I thought you "quit " last week.

If you are quitting, then Quit. If not, and you are just here to annoy everyone, then you are a troll.

Go away troll!

steeledude
09-18-2009, 09:08 PM
Why are you still here? I thought you "quit " last week.

If you are quitting, then Quit. If not, and you are just here to annoy everyone, then you are a troll.

Go away troll!

I changed my mind. Of course admitting a mistake to someone so cool as you could be a potential disaster, but I'm going to go ahead and man up and say **** Bowlen, I love the Broncos. Kind of like I said last week when you weren't listening. But I'll keep around. Force me out if you think you can. Your cheap words and "lists" (LOL) don't bother me. They're funny. In fact it's your stupid ass attitudes that keep me coming back during a boring season.

ScottXray
09-18-2009, 09:13 PM
I changed my mind. Of course admitting a mistake to someone so cool as you could be a potential disaster, but I'm going to go ahead and man up and say **** Bowlen, I love the Broncos. Kind of like I said last week when you weren't listening. But I'll keep around. Force me out if you think you can. Your cheap words and "lists" (LOL) don't bother me. They're funny. In fact it's your stupid ass attitudes that keep me coming back during a boring season.

If you love the Broncos then root for them. I don't care what you think about Bowlen, or me. Sorry, I missed your recanting on your lack of interest in the Broncos and how sad your life is. Glad if you are getting it together. If not, then try not to, cause your posts are the equivalent of a trolls.

Bronco Bob
09-18-2009, 10:58 PM

I hope he crashes and burns like Ryan Leaf.

Bronco Bob
09-18-2009, 11:09 PM

I remember the Broncos losing 3 in a row last season and missing the playoffs
when any one of those having been a win would have gotten us in.

azbroncfan
09-18-2009, 11:12 PM
Maybe Lovie and his buddies are racist?

baja
09-18-2009, 11:18 PM
Ya they don't like the Irish