PDA

View Full Version : Orton on DP show- Recap

SoDak Bronco
09-15-2009, 11:30 AM
Denver Broncos quarterback Kyle Orton joined the show to discuss their Week 1 victory over the Bengals.

-- Orton said on the final drive against the Bengals they were trying to drive down the field to get in field-goal range.

Orton said he thought he threw a good ball, but the DB made a nice play on the ball, which was intended for Brandon Marshall. It then bounced to Brandon Stokley who ran it in for a touchdown.

Orton said that he ran after the play, as did the other Broncos, and everyone was gassed afterward.

We played Gus Johnson's dramatic call of the play, and Cutler said he was 10 times more fired up than even Johnson.

-- Orton said his finger is feeling better and there were no setbacks last week. He said he's still wearing a glove, even though he doesn't want to.

-- Orton said he watched the end of the Bears game and he's still friends with a lot of his old teammates. He felt bad for his good buddy, Chicago long snapper Patrick Mannelly who made a call that may have cost Chicago the game.

-- Orton said a quarterback in Jay Cutler's situation may try too hard after making a mistake and force the ball.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/#ixzz0RCEMCJT3

PRBronco
09-15-2009, 11:32 AM
Denver Broncos quarterback Kyle Orton joined the show to discuss their Week 1 victory over the Bengals.

-- Orton said on the final drive against the Bengals they were trying to drive down the field to get in field-goal range.

Orton said he thought he threw a good ball, but the DB made a nice play on the ball, which was intended for Brandon Marshall. It then bounced to Brandon Stokley who ran it in for a touchdown.

Orton said that he ran after the play, as did the other Broncos, and everyone was gassed afterward.

We played Gus Johnson's dramatic call of the play, and Cutler said he was 10 times more fired up than even Johnson.

-- Orton said his finger is feeling better and there were no setbacks last week. He said he's still wearing a glove, even though he doesn't want to.

-- Orton said he watched the end of the Bears game and he's still friends with a lot of his old teammates. He felt bad for his good buddy, Chicago long snapper Patrick Mannelly who made a call that may have cost Chicago the game.

-- Orton said a quarterback in Jay Cutler's situation may try too hard after making a mistake and force the ball.

Lol, unfortunate slip. ;D

bronco militia
09-15-2009, 11:35 AM

umm what?

WolfpackGuy
09-15-2009, 12:02 PM
Orton said that he ran after the play, as did the other Broncos, and everyone was gassed afterward

He was probably still sucking wind after that short run and slide he made earlier in the game.

oubronco
09-15-2009, 12:55 PM

If he thinks he threw good balls we are definitely in trouble

Popps
09-15-2009, 01:02 PM

Which one of the balls that landed in receiver's bread baskets and they dropped were you having a problem with?

If you're talking about the Immaculate Deflection, it was indeed a good play on the ball. That would have landed in Marshall's hands, and likely stopped the clock.

Of course, there's no telling if Brandon would have cared enough to try to catch it.

Popps
09-15-2009, 01:22 PM
“We obviously didn’t move the ball great, we didn’t play great and we didn’t execute great. We didn’t play as well as we wanted to,” Orton said yesterday at Dove Valley. “I feel alright and I didn’t have any setbacks. Hopefully soon I will be playing like I want to.”

Sounds to me like he's more than acknowledging that he and the offense have a way to go... and also that he doesn't feel he's up to his own standards, whether it's because of the finger or just comfort with the offense.

Rabb
09-15-2009, 01:27 PM
what impresses me so much about Orton is that he is so tough and makes no excuses...and Sunday he minimized mistakes

I don't know how many QBs would have been out there 2 weeks after that kind of an injury but he scored some points in my book

I also believe the "he cannot throw down field" garbage less and less all of the time

I watched him play in college (I am an Iowa/Big Ten fan) and he was fine. He was chucking the ball pretty well Sunday with an injury that wasn't healed to the most important finger on his throwing hand.

I guarantee his team mates love his ass and would follow him off a cliff, exciting times!

BroncoBuff
09-15-2009, 02:01 PM
Lol, unfortunate slip. ;D

A real Freud moment ... :~ohyah!:

WABronco
09-15-2009, 02:04 PM
Orton got DP'd on camera? He's one crazy party animal!

oubronco
09-15-2009, 02:08 PM
Which one of the balls that landed in receiver's bread baskets and they dropped were you having a problem with?

If you're talking about the Immaculate Deflection, it was indeed a good play on the ball. That would have landed in Marshall's hands, and likely stopped the clock.

Of course, there's no telling if Brandon would have cared enough to try to catch it.

mainly the ones that were behind or high that almost took out the WR's out you know almost all his throws ;D

TheReverend
09-15-2009, 02:56 PM

lol

http://somewhatmanlynerd.com/gifs/surprisecharlie.gif

broncosteven
09-15-2009, 03:03 PM

I can't believe anyone is questioning if Marshall was trying (or thinking about) to drop balls.

I thought it was all about the Team and the players on the team.

Can't we move on, the season has started, the offseason is over, this is the Broncos team that will go to war this year. Go Broncos.

bronco_diesel
09-15-2009, 04:40 PM
I guarantee his team mates love his ass

that is a pretty bold statement...but he does workout.

TotallyScrewed
09-15-2009, 05:53 PM

Weenie

TotallyScrewed
09-15-2009, 05:56 PM

As if Orton knows what good QB play is like.

Popps
09-15-2009, 05:58 PM
mainly the ones that were behind or high that almost took out the WR's out you know almost all his throws ;D

Riiiight. You mean, the ones that led to his 100 QB rating?

Got it.

NYBronco
09-15-2009, 06:10 PM

What he didn't say was more important. That being the obvious throwing hand injury and glove. This being considered I felt he did well. That 50 yard bomb that sailed trough the hands of Marshall was perfect.

oubronco
09-15-2009, 06:59 PM
Riiiight. You mean, the ones that led to his 100 QB rating?

Got it.

We will see how much you hang on his nuts as the year goes by :approve:

cutthemdown
09-15-2009, 07:30 PM
what impresses me so much about Orton is that he is so tough and makes no excuses...and Sunday he minimized mistakes

I don't know how many QBs would have been out there 2 weeks after that kind of an injury but he scored some points in my book

I also believe the "he cannot throw down field" garbage less and less all of the time

I watched him play in college (I am an Iowa/Big Ten fan) and he was fine. He was chucking the ball pretty well Sunday with an injury that wasn't healed to the most important finger on his throwing hand.

I guarantee his team mates love his ass and would follow him off a cliff, exciting times!

I agree no way that finger not sore as hell. Coach probably told him just don't turn ball over once he saw defense was playing well.

Still they left plays out there with drops and throwing to wrong WR. I saw a few bad choices Orton made but maybe some throws he cant make because of finger. Thats logical.

If Simms ankle too soar to move around and protect himself, and you don't trust the rookie to not turn ball over, the smart thing is Orton with a really conservative gameplan throwing the ball.

I'm excited to see how Broncos offense gets better. It will get better I know it. The coach just needs to find roles for all the players and get Ortons finger better.

Broncoman13
09-15-2009, 09:52 PM
ďWe obviously didnít move the ball great, we didnít play great and we didnít execute great. We didnít play as well as we wanted to,Ē Orton said yesterday at Dove Valley. ďI feel alright and I didnít have any setbacks. Hopefully soon I will be playing like I want to.Ē

Sounds to me like he's more than acknowledging that he and the offense have a way to go... and also that he doesn't feel he's up to his own standards, whether it's because of the finger or just comfort with the offense.

More than you have... at least he mans up and owns that the offense was piss poor.

Broncoman13
09-15-2009, 09:52 PM
btw, now that he's said it was a shiaty effort, it is okay for you to say it too now, POPPS.

fontaine
09-16-2009, 02:41 AM
ďWe obviously didnít move the ball great, we didnít play great and we didnít execute great. We didnít play as well as we wanted to,Ē Orton said yesterday at Dove Valley. ďI feel alright and I didnít have any setbacks. Hopefully soon I will be playing like I want to.Ē

Wow, Orton sounds just like one of those "widow b*tches" who can't enjoy a win huh Popps?