PDA

View Full Version : Don't lie - you like/respect Rivers more now that Cutler is gone

The MVPlaya
09-14-2009, 11:30 PM
I've seen respect for him go up recently.... and that includes myself. Even tho he is slow and throws like a retard - he makes good decisions and is very accurate. Plays good under pressure and really knows how to play the position like an elite QB.

Broncobiv
09-14-2009, 11:32 PM
Nah. **** Rivers. He's a POS douche bag.

Popps
09-14-2009, 11:33 PM
He's a jagov, but he's twice the QB Cutler is/was. But, a lot of us told you that even when Cutler was still here.

That said, he's a bloody Charger. Of course I don't like the guy. He plays for a ******y team in baby-blue uniforms with fair-weather fans.

Archer81
09-14-2009, 11:34 PM
I wont lie. If he is in a bar I am at, and he is drunk, I'd rail him. But I wont respect him in the morning.

:Broncos:

Gcver2ver3
09-14-2009, 11:36 PM
I've seen respect for him go up recently.... and that includes myself. Even tho he is slow and throws like a retard - he makes good decisions and is very accurate. Plays good under pressure and really knows how to play the position like an elite QB.

i can't stand rivers...

he didnt impress me at all tonight...

in the last drive, the raiders pulled their LBs WAY back and he made dump passes to win the game, big deal...

boltaneer
09-14-2009, 11:50 PM
i can't stand rivers...

he didnt impress me at all tonight...

in the last drive, the raiders pulled their LBs WAY back and he made dump passes to win the game, big deal...

What is he supposed to do? Throw into double or triple coverage or take what the defense gives him?

The smart quarterback knows what to do.

watermock
09-14-2009, 11:55 PM
Even Orton could score on that D.

Oakland muist of thought that was Cutler out there and was going to force it .

OBF1
09-14-2009, 11:57 PM
With thread titles like this, No wonder I get this when I go to read your post:

This message is hidden because The MVPlaya is on your ignore list.

Rivers is, has always been and will always be a piece of crap biotch.

Taco John
He's a jagov, but he's twice the QB Cutler is/was. But, a lot of us told you that even when Cutler was still here.

:rofl:

boltaneer
Gotta love prevent defense!

Why DCs keep running it at the end of the game is beyond me. Then again, had the Bengals ran it yesterday, they would have won. Heh heh...

watermock
09-15-2009, 12:04 AM
They played the Marx Brothers prevent.

It never fails to amaze me how teams will go prevent with 3:00 left and a 3 point lead, even squib kicking with 2 mins left.

(unless Sproles or Hester are back there). Maybe D jacks or Harvin...

Taco John
09-15-2009, 12:07 AM
This thread is pretty good for a laugh... (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=75362)

BroncoBuff
09-15-2009, 01:16 AM
This thread is pretty good for a laugh... (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=75362)

Wild, 169-59 in favor of Jay, almost 3 to 1 ... and that was the end of last season. Amazing how Jay being in a different uniform changes opinions, before even one game goes by.

Rivers has always been better than Jay, Ive always said that.

WABronco
09-15-2009, 01:17 AM
Nah. When we play Rivers I will still say: "Damn, dude's a b****"

How can you not?

But honestly, the whole "Cutler is a giant vag" thing started for me, for realz, when he gave that NBC interview before the last game of the year against SD, talking about how butthurt he was still about being "yelled at" and how felt so disrespected by Rivers. Game of the year. Winner take all. He's crying to Andrea Kremer. So yes, I appreciate the help Rivers gave me in uncovering lil' b**** boy.

WABronco
09-15-2009, 01:18 AM
Wild, 169-59 in favor of Jay, almost 3 to 1 ... and that was the end of last season. Amazing how Jay being in a different uniform changes opinions, before even one game goes by.

Rivers has always been better than Jay, Ive always said that.

Only explanation needed:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fickle

BroncoMan4ever
09-15-2009, 01:25 AM
i hate the guy with a passion. he is an arrogant prick and plays for a rival team. that being said, i have respect for the guy, he is an elite QB in the league. same as i hate Brady, i dislike Rivers, but you have to give props where they are due.

Ratboy
09-15-2009, 03:59 AM
He's still a fag.

**edit**

No, I do not have respect for him.

Beantown Bronco
09-15-2009, 04:06 AM
He's gonna have a tough time blaming last night's flagrant taunting incident on Cutler. Talented, sure. But it's obvious that the dude is just as unstable as Jay.

WolfpackGuy
09-15-2009, 04:26 AM
He's a turd.
It's going to be ugly for Chuggers fans when teams start gameplanning for him in the next few years and not their fading running game.

azbroncfan
09-15-2009, 05:13 AM
I thought Rivers was a big tool after the Xmas eve game but after this offseason I am changing my opinion a bit. The Chargers saw what a mentality weak player and exploited it very similar to the Matthews altercation the other night. Rivers is a better QB without a doubt but I think he is still a mouthy player. Both of them are cocky **** talkers who haven't won anything especially Cutler since Rivers actually has won a playoff game.

jmz313
09-15-2009, 05:16 AM
What do you expect. Overrate them when their on your team, trash them when they're gone. every fan base does it except Philly. They trash all the time. Then Message board hype is a whole nother level of ridiculous.

Cutler really probably needs a Coach/cordinator to reel him in some if he's ever gonna be more like rivers. But def has the tools to be better. Shanny just wanted cutler to be Peyton Manning and throw 50 times and win in Indy style. wasnt gonna happen. I'd say cutler is a little more raw then most people think as an NFL QB. His Ego prob gets in the way a little too. Big man on campus syndrome.

gyldenlove
09-15-2009, 05:42 AM
No, I always hated him and still do and I always respected him as a very good QB.

cmhargrove
09-15-2009, 06:11 AM
Yes, he does the right thing when he has the time - but so do most QB's. He's nowhere near Manning, Brady, or even Brees if you compare what they can do with 5-6 seconds.

He just dumps the ball to Sproles or Gates, and they make people look foolish. Put another QB in that position and they woulld look pretty good too.

He's a good QB - i'll give him that, but no - I don't like or respect him any more than before.

CEH
09-15-2009, 06:14 AM
He's like Romo . If he's on the other team I hate him but would I like him on my team . Heck yes. He just wins football games.
It's not how it's how many

Dudeskey
09-15-2009, 07:21 AM
I hate him, I love to hate him, but I'd be happy if he was our QB...™

TheReverend
09-15-2009, 07:26 AM

:thumbsup:

Amazing how many of these guys **** talk him left and right and claim he's always sucked now.

Rock Chalk
09-15-2009, 07:26 AM
What is he supposed to do? Throw into double or triple coverage or take what the defense gives him?

The smart quarterback knows what to do.

touché

bronco militia
09-15-2009, 07:28 AM
what kind of douche bag QB gets called for taunting?!?!?

Beantown Bronco
09-15-2009, 07:33 AM

I LOVED the look of shock on his face when he got flagged for it. I mean, seriously, he was literally standing right over the defender barking at him and then spikes the ball on the defender's chest. It doesn't get any more flagrant than that.

Smiling Assassin27
dude is an excellent nfl quarterback. mentally tough, physically underrated, and has heart. methinks philip would've rubbed jay's face in it for another 10 years had he stayed in denver. i'd still take brees over philip, but rivers is a bonafide elite qb.

TheReverend

I laughed so hard

Peoples Champ
nope, still dont like him, and dont think he can win the big one.

bronco militia
09-15-2009, 07:36 AM
he's still pretty good......****er

Peoples Champ
09-15-2009, 07:37 AM
I LOVED the look of shock on his face when he got flagged for it. I mean, seriously, he was literally standing right over the defender barking at him and then spikes the ball on the defender's chest. It doesn't get any more flagrant than that.

was this last night?

Popcorn Sutton
09-15-2009, 07:38 AM
I'll admit that I was drinking the Cutler Kool-Aid when it came to Rivers. I still feel like Cutler has more physical talent than Rivers. I always thought Rivers looked like he was throwing a shot put instead of a football. However, Rivers had a hell of a season last year and he's proven time and again he can make the big throw. He's a gamer. I am still surprised he missed the Pro Bowl with the numbers he had last year.

The fact that Cutler is no longer with the Broncos has made me view him differently without a doubt. I am beginning to wonder if he'll be one of those quarterbacks with a plethora of physical gifts that can't get his head straight and is mistake prone. Time will tell.

gtown
09-15-2009, 07:40 AM
Marmalard is, and will always be, a douche, but I get the feeling that he has what it takes to win the big one. I have no idea how he completes his passes sometimes. He just shotputs it out there. But somehow his receivers are there to run under it. Strange that.

go_broncos
09-15-2009, 07:44 AM
There was a thread about "Cutler or Rivers".

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=75344

I have lot of respect for Rivers. He is a good QB.

Here are my comments in the above thread..

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2215655&postcount=18

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2215685&postcount=24

Beantown Bronco
09-15-2009, 07:46 AM
was this last night?

yup, last night's game.

he was taunting Gerard Warren of all people.

TailgateNut
09-15-2009, 07:47 AM
was this last night?

Yep. He was being his normal Douchee self. If the refs wouldn't have gift wrapped the game with the BS call SD would be looking at a 0-1 record this morning.

Although I despise the Fade, that WAS a TD.

Popcorn Sutton
09-15-2009, 07:50 AM
http://i323.photobucket.com/albums/nn472/rgault00/Rivers.png

Tombstone RJ
09-15-2009, 07:56 AM
I like Rivers, but I've got some personal connections to his family...

If you look at the history of my posts on Rivers, I think you'll see that I've been very diplomatic.

Peoples Champ
09-15-2009, 07:56 AM
yup, last night's game.

he was taunting Gerard Warren of all people.

Wow,

I really was going to give him a chance to clean his act this year, since Cutler is gone. And I really thought I would give him a shot at being a good QB, at least fantasy-wise, if not off the field stuff. Now with a taunting call again this year in the opener, I cant believe this guy.

He will go down as one of least classy Quarterbacks in the history of the game. And if he doesnt get to a SB soon, he will be one of the most overrated of all time as well as the least classy. He puts Cutler to shame when it comes to whiny/baby/no class.

Peoples Champ
09-15-2009, 07:58 AM
Yep. He was being his normal Douchee self. If the refs wouldn't have gift wrapped the game with the BS call SD would be looking at a 0-1 record this morning.

Although I despise the Fade, that WAS a TD.

Ya, I only watched a little bit, but SD should have lost. And i cannot believe Rivers, I thought he would come in this year with a clean slate and try to behave.

Orange_Beard
09-15-2009, 07:59 AM
He has skills.
I have never doubted that, he does not have the mental make up to be great.

Perhaps if he had a "real" coach, he could turn it around.

colonelbeef
09-15-2009, 08:03 AM
not whatsoever, he is a whiny b****.

He also looks a lot less effective when the run game isn't clicking, and has no pocket escapability at all. He is the new Bernie Kosar

Xenos
09-15-2009, 08:06 AM
I like Rivers, but I've got some personal connections to his family...

If you look at the history of my posts on Rivers, I think you'll see that I've been very diplomatic.
Does he seriously take after his father?

Hogan11
09-15-2009, 08:09 AM
Nope

Xenos
09-15-2009, 08:11 AM
Wow,

I really was going to give him a chance to clean his act this year, since Cutler is gone. And I really thought I would give him a shot at being a good QB, at least fantasy-wise, if not off the field stuff. Now with a taunting call again this year in the opener, I cant believe this guy.

He will go down as one of least classy Quarterbacks in the history of the game. And if he doesnt get to a SB soon, he will be one of the most overrated of all time as well as the least classy. He puts Cutler to shame when it comes to whiny/baby/no class.
Well, his center just got his legs rolled up on a flagged play. And then the same thing nearly happened to his legs with Gerrad Warren on a play that should never have happened because the whistle already blew. He was more upset than actually taunting Warren.

As for the off the field stuff, there is no off the field stuff. You would find nothing on him off the field.

I think it's kind of a double standard when Brady didn't get bagged on for actually taunting when he cussed out Anthony Smith in 2007 after a Touchdown play.

And the last comment with regards to Cutler is hilarious. I'm sorry but it's hard to match the crotch grabbing incident.

ant1999e
09-15-2009, 08:23 AM
He's gonna have a tough time blaming last night's flagrant taunting incident on Cutler. Talented, sure. But it's obvious that the dude is just as unstable as Jay.

I saw that too. He's a dick.

hookemhess
09-15-2009, 08:38 AM
I'm not gonna lie.. I hated him for the Cutler/Rivers rivalry.. but now, for some reason, I respect the guy. Even like him. Guess I always thought he was such a whiny bitch.. but he was outdone by Jayby.

Garcia Bronco
09-15-2009, 08:43 AM
Rivers is a good QB, but he's also a complete ass.

Garcia Bronco
09-15-2009, 08:44 AM
People forget that in his first game he dragged HErdon OOB by his facemask.

kamakazi_kal
09-15-2009, 09:29 AM
don't know .... dude is still a bitch ... did you see the penatly he got for running his yap and throwing a ball at seymour last night.

Peoples Champ
09-15-2009, 09:33 AM
Well, his center just got his legs rolled up on a flagged play. And then the same thing nearly happened to his legs with Gerrad Warren on a play that should never have happened because the whistle already blew. He was more upset than actually taunting Warren.

As for the off the field stuff, there is no off the field stuff. You would find nothing on him off the field.

I think it's kind of a double standard when Brady didn't get bagged on for actually taunting when he cussed out Anthony Smith in 2007 after a Touchdown play.

And the last comment with regards to Cutler is hilarious. I'm sorry but it's hard to match the crotch grabbing incident.

Ya, I guess i didnt see the taunting flag, so I dont know what happened. But as much as i hate Cutler, you wont see him getting taunting flags like Rivers.

Peoples Champ
09-15-2009, 09:35 AM
Ya, I guess i didnt see the taunting flag, so I dont know what happened. But as much as i hate Cutler, you wont see him getting taunting flags like Rivers.

And this is the perfect time for Rivers to clean his image. Now that Cutler is still whinning and crying in Chicago, and things are a complete mess there. All Rivers has to do is go out and compete, and do the talking with his play, not his mouth. If Rivers could do that, he has a chance to be up there with the Mannings and the Brees i the NFL. Then all the negative attention will focus on Cutler, not him. And Cutler will be the only idiot QB in the league. But he is an idiot, continues to run his mouth, and gets thrown right back down to Cutler status.

SouthStndJunkie
09-15-2009, 09:36 AM
I think he is a heck of a QB....but he is still a king sized twat.

DenverBrit
09-15-2009, 09:58 AM
Rivers is a better QB, but he's just another wanker like Cutler.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_bMzavLkvlsI/R_Kn3Kk2qtI/AAAAAAAABH4/r0WJXGoPXD0/s400/instantWanker.jpg

boltaneer
09-15-2009, 10:00 AM
L O L at the whole Rivers is a big meanie story.

TailgateNut
09-15-2009, 10:10 AM

It's not big meanie. It's POOR SPORT! He has a chance to improve his image and what does he do?......act like an ASS. He's lucky someone hasn't taken him OUT.

Popcorn Sutton
09-15-2009, 10:10 AM

Off the field he seems like a nice enough guy. On the field he does act like a bit of a douche. I like his intensity but there's no need to get into it with the fans.

Black96WS6
09-15-2009, 10:24 AM

From what I understand, Rivers wasn't taunting him (even though it looked bad on the replays).

He was yelling at the guy on the ground to stop when he hears the whistle.

It was the same type of play the previous quarter that sent the starting center Hardwick to the sidelines with a knee injury.

I gotta agree with him, when someone goes low like that at your knees, it makes you a little angry.

Beantown Bronco
09-15-2009, 10:26 AM
The ref was literally standing a foot or two away from Rivers when he threw the flag. If all Rivers was doing was telling Warren to stop at the whistle, there would've been a 0% chance of a flag being thrown.

He was barking for awhile then spiked the ball at him. That's pretty clearly taunting.

Blueflame
09-15-2009, 10:34 AM
No. My dislike for Rivers and his on-field behavior has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Cutler. And this cartoon is obviously (going by the taunting flag last night) as appropriate now as it was when it was drawn...

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii73/dmajorfifth/DREW0119.gif

boltaneer
09-15-2009, 10:36 AM
Rivers was clearly upset that the plays weren't being stopped when the whistle blew. Should he have spiked the ball at him? Of course not, but he was frustrated because his center got carted off on a similar play after the whistle blew.

The guy gives it his all, 100% physically and emotionally on every play. All the drama queens can go ahead and freak out over nothing.

bronco militia
09-15-2009, 10:38 AM
All the drama queens can go ahead and freak out over nothing.

...whay can't you admit he's an asshole?

Peoples Champ
09-15-2009, 10:39 AM
The ref was literally standing a foot or two away from Rivers when he threw the flag. If all Rivers was doing was telling Warren to stop at the whistle, there would've been a 0% chance of a flag being thrown.

He was barking for awhile then spiked the ball at him. That's pretty clearly taunting.

Ya that is clearly taunting.

GreatBronco16
09-15-2009, 10:41 AM
Well he damn sure ain't no Drew Brees.:approve:

Peoples Champ
09-15-2009, 10:44 AM
...whay can't you admit he's an a-hole?

ya , if this was the only incedent, then I say us Broncos fans are being over dramatic and blowing it out of proportion.

But...........its compilied on many other incedents, some not Bronco related. I remember when he was walking off the field in that playoff game in Indy before. Chargers were winning, and instead of going into lockeroom for x rays with class, he talked trash to the Colts fans the whole way out. That was some of the worse behavior I have ever seen in a QB.

boltaneer
09-15-2009, 10:58 AM
...whay can't you admit he's an a-hole?

I don't understand what's so evil about the guy.

He talked a little smack to some fans and occasionally gets fired up during a game. While the talk to the fans is inappropriate and he has admitted such, he's kept his word and hasn't done it since. The latter one, towards players, give me a break. 90% of the guys out there are talking trash and those foul mouths are sure saying more heinous things than "Goshdarnit! That was an awfully purrdy play!"

Garcia Bronco
09-15-2009, 10:59 AM

He talked a little smack to some fans and occasionally gets fired up during a game. While the talk to the fans is inappropriate and he has admitted such, he's kept his word and hasn't done it since. The latter one, towards players, give me a break. 90% of the guys out there are talking trash and those foul mouths are sure saying more heinous things than "Goshdarnit! That was an awfully purrdy play!"

He's a poor sport on the field. This comes from watching him play at NCS.

Br0nc0Buster
09-15-2009, 11:02 AM

He is immature
Too bad Jay is gone, there would of been some epic whine fests between those two like the one on Christmas Eve a few years ago

DBroncos4life
09-15-2009, 11:06 AM
Rivers was clearly upset that the plays weren't being stopped when the whistle blew. Should he have spiked the ball at him? Of course not, but he was frustrated because his center got carted off on a similar play after the whistle blew.

The guy gives it his all, 100% physically and emotionally on every play. All the drama queens can go ahead and freak out over nothing.

Did you watch the game with the sound off? There was plenty of talk about Rivers and his "attitude".

400HZ
09-15-2009, 11:07 AM
He was pretty frustrated there around the time when he committed the personal foul, but he pulled everyone together for 77 yard and 89 yard touchdown drives in the 4th quarter. With Cutler, the only highlights you usually had after frustration set in was pouty shots on the sideline and maybe a few wild interceptions. That's the different between the two, and that's why one deserves respect and one doesn't.

TailgateNut
09-15-2009, 11:10 AM

Then take it up with the ref, not the guy on the ground. He was and remains a dick.

WolfpackGuy
09-15-2009, 11:11 AM
When Phyllis was in college, I didn't think she'd do jack **** in the NFL.
But, I think she's had a decent career so far.

Garcia Bronco
09-15-2009, 11:13 AM
When Phyllis was in college, I didn't think she'd do jack **** in the NFL.
But, I think she's had a decent career so far.

I did. I honestly think the coach held that team back, but as you know he was 4 year starter. He already had a great deal of game experience coming into the NFL.

WolfpackGuy
09-15-2009, 11:15 AM
I did. I honestly think the coach held that team back, but as you know he was 4 year starter. He already had a great deal of game experience coming into the NFL.

I just really thought he was more of a typical Chow system guy.
I'm just glad the Giants didn't throw in Umenyiora in the Manning-Rivers trade.
I remember his name coming up.

DBroncos4life
09-15-2009, 11:16 AM
He was pretty frustrated there around the time when he committed the personal foul, but he pulled everyone together for 77 yard and 89 yard touchdown drives in the 4th quarter. With Cutler, the only highlights you usually had after frustration set in was pouty shots on the sideline and maybe a few wild interceptions. That's the different between the two, and that's why one deserves respect and one doesn't.

Yeah those poor Bears fans right? They have a pouty QB and you guys have the cock of the NFL.

boltaneer
09-15-2009, 11:17 AM
He's a poor sport on the field. This comes from watching him play at NCS.

I like the way Rivers carries himself off the field after the final whistle. On the field, he's 100% concentrated on winning. The best players have that same desire to win and they hate to lose but they conduct themselves like gentlemen, win or lose.

Is Tom Brady a poor sport? That dude often refuses to shake the other QBs hand after a loss. I think Brady is arguably the worst sport in the NFL as far as quarterbacks go and that's saying a lot because of Cutler's horrible behavior. But we rarely hear anything about Tom Terrific because of the East Coast Bias™ but I digress because this is getting a little off topic...

In the end, I like it that Bronco fans hate Rivers, for whatever reason they deem is necessary, even if the reasons are wrong. :flower: That's the way it should be.

gunns
09-15-2009, 11:19 AM
I respect the player, probably more before that game last night. I do not respect the man

TailgateNut
09-15-2009, 11:22 AM
I like the way Rivers carries himself off the field after the final whistle. On the field, he's 100% concentrated on winning. The best players have that same desire to win and they hate to lose but they conduct themselves like gentlemen, win or lose.

Is Tom Brady a poor sport? That dude often refuses to shake the other QBs hand after a loss. I think Brady is arguably the worst sport in the NFL as far as quarterbacks go and that's saying a lot because of Cutler's horrible behavior. But we rarely hear anything about Tom Terrific because of the East Coast Bias™ but I digress because this is getting a little off topic...

In the end, I like it that Bronco fans hate Rivers, for whatever reason they deem is necessary, even if the reasons are wrong. :flower: That's the way it should be.

I don't hate him because he's a Sparky, I hate him 'cause he's a DICK. I actually liked Drew when he was on your team.

bronco militia
09-15-2009, 11:24 AM

I don't think he's evil...just an a-hole ;D

boltaneer
09-15-2009, 11:32 AM
I don't hate him because he's a Sparky, I hate him 'cause he's a DICK. I actually liked Drew when he was on your team.

Bronco fans liked Brees because Brees always saved his worst games for the Broncos.

Bronco fans HATE Rivers because he owns them. Those who can't admit it, will use any excuse they can in denial.

I'll admit, a little of my hatred for Brady is for the same reasons, yet I like Peyton Manning and the Chargers have his number.

I notice a large number of people here who are Peyton haters for reasons that really don't make a lot of sense. It's because Peyton makes the Broncos his b*tch every time they play. The Broncos have historically done well against the Patriots so there isn't a lot of Brady hate on this board.

It's completely understandable.

Peoples Champ
09-15-2009, 11:33 AM
I don't think he's evil...just an a-hole ;D

and classless

Beantown Bronco
09-15-2009, 11:39 AM
Bronco fans HATE Rivers because he owns them. Those who can't admit it, will use any excuse they can in denial.

Sorry. Blanket statements never apply to everyone.

I hate plenty of guys and teams that the Broncos typically own.

TailgateNut
09-15-2009, 11:41 AM
Bronco fans liked Brees because Brees always saved his worst games for the Broncos.

I'll admit, a little of my hatred for Brady is for the same reasons, yet I like Peyton Manning and the Chargers have his number.

I notice a large number of people here who are Peyton haters for reasons that really don't make a lot of sense. It's because Peyton makes the Broncos his b*tch every time they play. The Broncos have historically done well against the Patriots so there isn't a lot of Brady hate on this board.

HOW the **** do you KNOW why we like or do not like (Hate) a particular player.

1st question to qualify for hate column: Is he an ASSHOLE?

Once you've made the list, you don't get off the list. Once a noxious weed, always a noxious weed.

DivineLegion
09-15-2009, 11:45 AM
I loved Rivers when he was at NC State...but now that he's a Dolt, and brothers a converted Dolts fan because of it; I hate him.

400HZ
09-15-2009, 11:53 AM
Yeah those poor Bears fans right? They have a pouty QB and you guys have the cock of the NFL.

Leaving you guys with...what? :rofl:

Midnight Blue
09-15-2009, 11:55 AM

Yep. The Patriots and Tom Brady, for example.

boltaneer
09-15-2009, 12:00 PM

Of course, it doesn't apply to everyone.

It's the overall feeling I get from this board.

Peoples Champ
09-15-2009, 12:02 PM
Of course, it doesn't apply to everyone.

It's the overall feeling I get from this board.

Of course, you are on a Broncos board, you will get Bronco biased opinions.

You want nice talk about Rivers, go to a Charger board.

boltaneer
09-15-2009, 12:14 PM
Of course, you are on a Broncos board, you will get Bronco biased opinions.

You want nice talk about Rivers, go to a Charger board.

I don't care about nice or not. I appreciate honest opinions. A few can do that here out of the legion of homers.

boltaneer
09-15-2009, 12:16 PM
BTW, that Serena Williams is sure an a-hole, isn't she? Someone should take her out! :flower:

uplink
09-15-2009, 03:23 PM
your right
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

maher_tyler
09-15-2009, 03:36 PM
I still think he's a bitch...though he is the better QB, i'll admit that!

Xenos
09-15-2009, 03:37 PM
No, admit it. You liked Drew because he rarely won against you guys.

Xenos
09-15-2009, 03:38 PM
I loved Rivers when he was at NC State...but now that he's a Dolt, and brothers a converted Dolts fan because of it; I hate him.

See now that's an honest answer.

broncofan7
09-15-2009, 03:42 PM
HELL NO. And that's the bottom line cause BF7 SAID SO!

Taco John
09-15-2009, 03:50 PM
This sums up what I think of Phildo pretty succinctly:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=5727&dateline=1242677730

Clockwork Orange
09-15-2009, 04:24 PM
I'd really like to know what he said to draw that unsportsmanlike penalty last night. He didn't shove anyone or get demonstrative with his gestures or anything, so I'm wondering what the magic words were that warranted a flag.

Bronx33
09-15-2009, 04:48 PM
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/6229/brow.gif

boltaneer
09-15-2009, 05:30 PM
I'd really like to know what he said to draw that unsportsmanlike penalty last night. He didn't shove anyone or get demonstrative with his gestures or anything, so I'm wondering what the magic words were that warranted a flag.

It had to be for tossing the ball in Warren's direction because I'm pretty sure anything that comes out of Rivers' mouth would never warrant a flag.

That will get a flag every time.

Circle Orange
09-15-2009, 06:29 PM
Rivers, Rothlisberger and Cutler are the roundest faced qbs in the NFL. Just sayin'.

We call 'em moonpies. Ha!

DBroncos4life
09-15-2009, 06:31 PM
BTW, that Serena Williams is sure an a-hole, isn't she? Someone should take her out! :flower:

That and they shouldn't let dudes play in ladies tennis.

broncswin
09-15-2009, 06:40 PM
It had to be for tossing the ball in Warren's direction because I'm pretty sure anything that comes out of Rivers' mouth would never warrant a flag.

Classic phil my a$s Rivers, he is a dumbF*ck and will always be a dumbF*ck...did I answer the question?:pimp:

maher_tyler
09-15-2009, 06:40 PM

Everything in bold is the complete opposite for me actually...i didn't like the way Brady ran off the field when Suzy Kolber was trying to get a few words from him last night...i thought that was a dick move. If that were Manning he would have stopped and answered the questions she had.

broncswin
09-15-2009, 06:42 PM
Everything in bold is the complete opposite for me actually...i didn't like the way Brady ran off the field when Suzy Kolber was trying to get a few words from him last night...i thought that was a dick move. If that were Manning he would have stopped and answered the questions she had.

I agree, I really like Manning and have no liking what so ever for Brady

maher_tyler
09-15-2009, 06:54 PM
I agree, I really like Manning and have no liking what so ever for Brady

Not that i wish injury on anyone but that knee injury couldn't have happened to a bigger ass clown. After watching him jog off the field as she was trying to interview him, i wouldn't mind watching him have his ass handed to him again this season...yet ESPN and NFLN will still talk about him like he's the second coming of christ!!

boltaneer
09-15-2009, 07:03 PM
Nice to see some Brady hate on here afterall. ;)

This is another Brady crybaby classic:

October 6, 2005

It seemed innocuous at the time.

Marty Schottenheimer was mostly complimentary of the New England Patriots after his team beat the two-time defending Super Bowl champions on Sunday.

But Tom Brady did not see it that way. The Patriots quarterback yesterday said he felt Schottenheimer's comments were inappropriate.

"I just assumed you talk about your own team," Brady said in a news conference. "You don't talk about our team. He has no business talking about our team. He's not our coach. We'll let our coach talk about our team. We'll let our players talk about our team. The only thing we ever do is give respect to the other teams because that's what they deserve. They played a good game. They beat us. That's what it is – no more, no less – it's one game."

Schottenheimer on Sunday praised Patriots coach Bill Belichick and said he had the ultimate respect for a team that has won three of the past four Super Bowls. But what apparently irked Brady were Schottenheimer's comments that he wondered how New England would survive its latest rash of injuries.

Among Schottenheimer's thoughts expressed to the media Sunday: "I just think what happened is you've only got 10 fingers to stick in the dike. At what point does it turn the other way? No one can quantify which injury tips the bowl. You can't keep replacing players. At what point in time are you pushed over the edge?"

Told of Brady's barrage last night, Schottenheimer was taken aback.

"I don't make my comments with anything in mind other than to say what's on my mind," he said. "I don't know what he could have taken offense to, but you never know. I don't have any comment. That game has been played. It's over."

broncswin
09-15-2009, 07:12 PM
Not that i wish injury on anyone but that knee injury couldn't have happened to a bigger ass clown. After watching him jog off the field as she was trying to interview him, i wouldn't mind watching him have his ass handed to him again this season...yet ESPN and NFLN will still talk about him like he's the second coming of christ!!

+1:thumbsup:

maher_tyler
09-15-2009, 07:23 PM
Nice to see some Brady hate on here afterall. ;)

This is another Brady crybaby classic:

October 6, 2005

It seemed innocuous at the time.

Marty Schottenheimer was mostly complimentary of the New England Patriots after his team beat the two-time defending Super Bowl champions on Sunday.

But Tom Brady did not see it that way. The Patriots quarterback yesterday said he felt Schottenheimer's comments were inappropriate.

"I just assumed you talk about your own team," Brady said in a news conference. "You don't talk about our team. He has no business talking about our team. He's not our coach. We'll let our coach talk about our team. We'll let our players talk about our team. The only thing we ever do is give respect to the other teams because that's what they deserve. They played a good game. They beat us. That's what it is – no more, no less – it's one game."

Schottenheimer on Sunday praised Patriots coach Bill Belichick and said he had the ultimate respect for a team that has won three of the past four Super Bowls. But what apparently irked Brady were Schottenheimer's comments that he wondered how New England would survive its latest rash of injuries.

Among Schottenheimer's thoughts expressed to the media Sunday: "I just think what happened is you've only got 10 fingers to stick in the dike. At what point does it turn the other way? No one can quantify which injury tips the bowl. You can't keep replacing players. At what point in time are you pushed over the edge?"

Told of Brady's barrage last night, Schottenheimer was taken aback.

"I don't make my comments with anything in mind other than to say what's on my mind," he said. "I don't know what he could have taken offense to, but you never know. I don't have any comment. That game has been played. It's over."

I still find it hard to believe he got fired..i believe if he were still the coach that you guys would have won the SB by now...but instead you have Norv. One of the best rosters in the league and 1-2 playoff wins to show for it.

Xenos
09-15-2009, 07:49 PM
I still find it hard to believe he got fired..i believe if he were still the coach that you guys would have won the SB by now...but instead you have Norv. One of the best rosters in the league and 1-2 playoff wins to show for it.
Sure you did....

400HZ
09-15-2009, 07:56 PM

Marty wasn't taking the Chargers anywhere. He had the best team that San Diego has ever produced with all the stars aligned for him in 2006 and he produced nothing in the postseason. I don't care much for Norv, but he took that team as far as injuries would allow in 2007. As of 2008, I don't think that the Chargers have one of the most talented rosters in the league. Despite what you hear on ESPN.

Clockwork Orange
09-15-2009, 08:58 PM

It looked like he was reaching for something on the ground, like a mouthpiece or something, and was trying to get around the player at his feet. It seemed harmless on sight, so I was under the impression that he must have said something. I must have missed the tossing of the ball.

Popps
09-15-2009, 11:51 PM
:rofl:

Sorry Taco, which part was so funny?

Me being correct?

..."Rivers is a better all-around QB right now."

or you being so incorrect...

..."Rivers is an efficient quarterback, but I wouldn't call him "better" by any stretch. Cutler is the whole package."

Hilarious!

The whole package. That's just ****ing awesome.

400HZ
09-16-2009, 06:02 AM
It looked like he was reaching for something on the ground, like a mouthpiece or something, and was trying to get around the player at his feet. It seemed harmless on sight, so I was under the impression that he must have said something. I must have missed the tossing of the ball.

Rivers said that he dropped his mouthguard when whichever OLman it was got pushed back into him. He got the penalty because of the way he threw the ball. I can't recall any personal fouls that were based strictly on verbal exchanges.

bayarealightning
09-16-2009, 01:23 PM

I was there on Monday night. You couldn't hear a thing because the place was LOUD. The play prior, the Chargers got a delay of game whistle, and the players didn't hear it. Rivers ends up running through an opening in the pocket and just throws the ball in the ground just to stop the players. That is when Hardwick had his anckle rolled on by another player. The very next play, after waiting for Hardwick to be carted off, there was an illegal motion penalty and the players again did not hear the whistle and there was a player on the ground going after Rivers. You can say that he didn't need to throw the ball into the ground (that is the penalty, spiking the ball after the play not from what anything that is/was said), but he wasn't verbally tauting anyone.

At the time, the Chargers were losing OL left and right, they were not moving the ball, and they had back-to-back penalties early in the 3rd qtr. There was nothing for Rivers to taunt about.

That being said, after the Raiders scored with 2:45 (around there) left, the placed exploded. The fans went orgasmic. They thought that the 11 game losing streak was coming to an end and they went OFF! Rivers calmly went into the huddle and led an 89 yard T.D. drive to win the game and SILENCE the crowd. It was beautiful! As soon as Norv put the game in Rivers' hand, the Raiders were done. For most of the game, Norv ran on 1st down, and ran on 2nd and long, having the Chargers face many 3rd and long situations. When Norv realizes that our running game is not strong and place the ball in Rivers' hand, the easier the outcomes will be.

Peoples Champ
09-16-2009, 01:27 PM
I was there on Monday night. You couldn't hear a thing because the place was LOUD. The play prior, the Chargers got a delay of game whistle, and the players didn't hear it. Rivers ends up running through an opening in the pocket and just throws the ball in the ground just to stop the players. That is when Hardwick had his anckle rolled on by another player. The very next play, after waiting for Hardwick to be carted off, there was an illegal motion penalty and the players again did not hear the whistle and there was a player on the ground going after Rivers. You can say that he didn't need to throw the ball into the ground (that is the penalty, spiking the ball after the play not from what anything that is/was said), but he wasn't verbally tauting anyone.

At the time, the Chargers were losing OL left and right, they were not moving the ball, and they had back-to-back penalties early in the 3rd qtr. There was nothing for Rivers to taunt about.

That being said, after the Raiders scored with 2:45 (around there) left, the placed exploded. The fans went orgasmic. They thought that the 11 game losing streak was coming to an end and they went OFF! Rivers calmly went into the huddle and led an 89 yard T.D. to win the game and SILENCE the crowd. It was beautiful! As soon as Norv put the game in Rivers' hand, the Raiders were done. For most of the game, Norv ran on 1st down, and ran on 2nd and long, having the Chargers face many 3rd and long situations. When Norv realizes that our running game is not strong and place the ball in Rivers' hand, the easier the outcomes will be.

Opinion still doesnt change about Rivers. WHole league hates him. I have friends here at work that are Rams/Bears/Packers fans that hate him with a passion, and they have no reason to like Bronco fans. He is just a hatable guy because of his behavior. He still might be a good QB though, time will tell.

Beantown Bronco
09-16-2009, 01:31 PM
You can say that he didn't need to throw the ball into the ground (that is the penalty, spiking the ball after the play not from what anything that is/was said), but he wasn't verbally tauting anyone.

Watch the video of it online. You couldn't see it from the original camera view, so there's no way you could see it from your seat, but when they went to a secondary camera that was zoomed in on just Rivers, he was literally leaning over Warren on the ground and was barking at him.

bayarealightning
09-16-2009, 01:33 PM
Opinion still doesnt change about Rivers. WHole league hates him. I have friends here at work that are Rams/Bears/Packers fans that hate him with a passion, and they have no reason to like Bronco fans. He is just a hatable guy because of his behavior. He still might be a good QB though, time will tell.
That is all perception. They never met the guy, but they seen what the cameras caugtht in the exchange between the Chargers and Cutler, and the banter he had in saying to the Colts fans that he will be back in the 2007 playoffs. That's o.k. They can hate him all they want. He is not what he is perceived to be. People think that he is a hot head and will lose his composure, but that is the farthest thing from the truth. The kid is money. He will not wilt under pressure.

bayarealightning
09-16-2009, 01:36 PM
Watch the video of it online. You couldn't see it from the original camera view, so there's no way you could see it from your seat, but when they went to a secondary camera that was zoomed in on just Rivers, he was literally leaning over Warren on the ground and was barking at him.
I didn't say that he wasn't barking at him. He was concerned about players stopping at the whistle. You say taunting like he was talking s**t to the guy. There was nothing to talk mess about. By the way, I could see everything from by seat. They were pretty good and free.:wiggle:

Beantown Bronco
09-16-2009, 01:37 PM
The kid is money. He will not wilt under pressure.

Nah, that's Ladanian's job.

bronco militia
09-16-2009, 01:41 PM
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/6229/brow.gif

dammit.....now I need to punch a baby

bayarealightning
09-16-2009, 01:51 PM
Nah, that's Ladanian's job.
Ladanian definately needs a strong lead blocker and we do not have one right now. Plus, the OL is not as physical as when Marty was in S.D. However, the Chargers can still win by using the pass to set-up the run. N.E. had been looking for an every down back for years and they brought in (I am forgetting his name right now) the R.B. from Cincy who had problems. They figured out that they will put the ball in Brady's hands. Indy does the same. Rivers has the ability to have the offense run through him. As soon as Norv figures that out, then we will be o.k. He can't wait until we are in an impossible situation and unleash Rivers. He needs to do early and often. Then the running lanes will open up.

By the way, I like how the experts are thinking that they might have to reevaluate their thinking on the A.F.C. West. Lets slug it out!

Peoples Champ
09-16-2009, 01:53 PM
That is all perception. They never met the guy, but they seen what the cameras caugtht in the exchange between the Chargers and Cutler, and the banter he had in saying to the Colts fans that he will be back in the 2007 playoffs. That's o.k. They can hate him all they want. He is not what he is perceived to be. People think that he is a hot head and will lose his composure, but that is the farthest thing from the truth. The kid is money. He will not wilt under pressure.

Of course its perspective. Its the same thing for all athletes/actors/famous people. We have very few things in the media to go by then we build an opinion on the person. Sure, Terrell Owens might be a nice guy too, but his media perception sux. Same goes for all famous pple. Kanye West might be a nice guy too, I have never met him, so I shouldnt form an opinion about him.

Mr. Elway
09-16-2009, 02:18 PM
I am at peace with all 3 of them - Rivers, Brady and Manning. Rivers won my respect when he played with that injury. Brady when he played that insane record setting season; he was completely ruthless and I can't help but admire that. Manning won me over with his SNL appearance, in particular the inexplicably funny 300 skit.