PDA

View Full Version : We are running a 3-4... stop posting that we're not!

The MVPlaya
09-14-2009, 07:41 PM
You can watch the SD game right now... and if you watched the NE game, 49ers game, or even the Pitts game, you'd see all the 3-4 formations are very similar.

I see over and over there are people here posting we're not running a 3-4 because we have 5 defenders up at the LOS...etc

WATCH the Steelers... WATCH the Pats...turn on your TV and watch the Chargers, they have 5 defenders at the LOS a lot of the time when the other team have 2 wide or sometimes 3. Our defensive alignments are similar. 3 DL with their hands down, 1 LB on each side with hands up... this is seen over and over with all the top defenses. I guess they aren't running 3-4 either.

Stop ****in posting that we aren't running a 3-4...

There have actually been articles published stating we run a 5-2... GTFOH... it seems like most people are watching the game and just watching where the ball goes and that's about it.

UberBroncoMan
09-14-2009, 07:42 PM
Yeah!

Everyone knows we're running a 4-3!

I don't know why people keep getting it confused!

Lev Vyvanse
09-14-2009, 07:45 PM
that we're not!

Popcorn Sutton
09-14-2009, 08:21 PM
The Patriots switched to a 4-3 this year but I agree, the base package is a 3-4.

RhymesayersDU
09-14-2009, 08:23 PM
We're playing a 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

lex
09-14-2009, 08:27 PM
No. We're running a 5-2...wanna fight?

bronco militia
09-14-2009, 08:29 PM
we're 1-0

STFU

RhymesayersDU
09-14-2009, 08:35 PM
we're 1-0

STFU

YEAH GUYS THE DISCUSSION STOPS HERE.

Tee hee!

azbroncfan
09-14-2009, 09:18 PM
You can watch the SD game right now... and if you watched the NE game, 49ers game, or even the Pitts game, you'd see all the 3-4 formations are very similar.

I see over and over there are people here posting we're not running a 3-4 because we have 5 defenders up at the LOS...etc

WATCH the Steelers... WATCH the Pats...turn on your TV and watch the Chargers, they have 5 defenders at the LOS a lot of the time when the other team have 2 wide or sometimes 3. Our defensive alignments are similar. 3 DL with their hands down, 1 LB on each side with hands up... this is seen over and over with all the top defenses. I guess they aren't running 3-4 either.

There have actually been articles published stating we run a 5-2... GTFOH... it seems like most people are watching the game and just watching where the ball goes and that's about it.

Tool! Are you saying all the other teams you mentioned only run only a 3-4?

kappys
09-14-2009, 10:26 PM
I'm pretty sure we are running a 9-1-1. PANIC!!!

Bronco Boy
09-14-2009, 10:30 PM
Well if you start counting at the safeties it's really more like a 2-2.

LongDongJohnson
09-15-2009, 12:03 AM
3-4 5-2. who cares. it all looks the same.

chrisp
09-15-2009, 05:07 AM
It was a post on Mile High report that suggested we were running a 5-2, not a 3-4 - that's probably what has got everybody saying that...

Would post a link but I've been to the original site and I can't find the article anymore!

Now I love that site, and the article is very interesting and written by someone who's football credentials the likes of me are not entitled to question. I certainly think there was some insight there into how we are playing, but I must agree that it left a certain question unanswered; yes, the "5-2" as it was described in that article seems to be what we are running, but how different is that to all the other 3-4's out there?

You could say its just a question of terminology, but I think its actually more than that: the essence of the 3-4, is that you only have 3 down linemen in a three-point stance. Outside of that, the linebackers can go anywhere and its still a 3-4, as long as they are not down linemen in a 3-point stance. The key being the difference in the stance, becuase in a 3-point stance, you know that guy is coming, but in a 2-point stance, even if he's on the LOS, you don't know for sure if he's rushing or covering.

And that has always been the key difference between the 3-4 and the 4-3: not the number of people lined up on the LOS, but the general predictability of the defense, regardless of the number of people on the line. So whilst there is some legitimacy to the claim that we are running a 5-2 (becuase most of our OLBs are former DEs and mostly they are lining up on the LOS) I still don't think it is correct.....

I do think you need to chill a little on this point though, MVPlaya..... ;-)

barryr
09-15-2009, 06:33 AM
Nolan is going to mix things up it appears since they didn't have the same look on every down. Whether it's a 3-4, 4-3, 5-2, whatever, as long as they can play effectively, that's obviously the most important thing.

I doubt Nolan and the Broncos feel they have all the pieces they want on defense anyway, so mixing things up and not showing the same thing when you don't have the horses to do such a thing seems the wise choice.

TheReverend
09-15-2009, 07:42 AM

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh184/marty26_bucket/joker-1.gif