PDA

View Full Version : Chargers vs Raiders MNF

Pages : 1 [2]

Clockwork Orange
09-14-2009, 10:23 PM
And somehow they get a man WIDE open for the score.

San Diego's defense scorched again.

Broncosfreak_56
lol chargers.

Clockwork Orange
Marmalard's turn.

Rulon Velvet Jones
What the **** am I watching?

atomicbloke
09-14-2009, 10:24 PM
still a lot of time left in the game for SD.

Archer81
09-14-2009, 10:24 PM
What the **** am I watching?

The Raiders playing competent football against the "best team evar"

:Broncos:

Sassy
09-14-2009, 10:25 PM
amazing play

DomCasual
I feel so dirty at the pleasure I feel over a Raiders score.

And I don't know if it's been mentioned, but it's ridiculous that in 2009, any team has to play on that ridiculous dirt.

Rulon Velvet Jones
Anyone else shocked by the number of wedding rings on the idiots in the Black Hole?

TheReverend
lol sproles

extralife
Why in the hell did they even go for it there? The announcers are being polite, but that was strictly an amateur decision bailed out by a terrible overall effort by the Chargers.

Beantown Bronco
Sproles doing his impersonation of Royal out there.

tsiguy96
great play by jamarcus. only accurate throw hes ever had. now i need a big play by vincent.

Sassy
He is? :D

yep

DomCasual
09-14-2009, 10:26 PM
I love the Chargers DBs blaming each other ten yards before the TD is actually scored.

Bronco LB52
09-14-2009, 10:26 PM
That 4th down pass was football at it's best. You have to love a head coach that is willing to put it on the line.

Popps
09-14-2009, 10:27 PM
Anyone else find it annoying that they run the "40th season" graphic instead of the ****ing down and distance? They only flash down and distance. Then it goes back. Pretty ignorant.

watermock
09-14-2009, 10:28 PM
JaMarcus has a stocking cap on...WTF?

SouthStndJunkie
I smell OT.

Rulon Velvet Jones
Was that TD off a tipped ball? No?

Weak.

Archer81
09-14-2009, 10:30 PM

If you had his haircut, you'd cover that **** up too.

atomicbloke
Wow even Raiders D can't make a stop with the game on the line. SD driving for the win.

SouthStndJunkie
Legedu Naanee has some excellent hands.

extralife
Why does Nene play for the Chargers? Shouldn't he be getting ready for basketball season?

atomicbloke
09-14-2009, 10:31 PM
Raiders D also cant make a stop with game on the line. SD driving for the win.

TheReverend
I smell OT.

This

watermock
Goid I hate the prevent.

Clockwork Orange
Tiny Darren is getting wide open every play.

Clockwork Orange
09-14-2009, 10:32 PM
Game on the line and Complanian is nowehere to be found.

tsiguy96
09-14-2009, 10:33 PM
LT wont be a charger in 2010. i need a FG right now for me to win.

Archer81
09-14-2009, 10:33 PM
Raider D line is exhausted.

TheReverend
09-14-2009, 10:35 PM
God damn it

Archer81
Sometimes I wonder if Steve Young's first language is English. He accents the oddest parts of sentences.

Popps
Would have liked to see SD lose tonight, but seeing Cable's ****ing face after this loss will be worth it.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-14-2009, 10:36 PM
lol 90 yards in 2 minutes

watermock
Nice goaline D. jesus

Clockwork Orange
You just knew it was gonna happen. You just knew it.

R8R H8R
Well the raiders just pulled a faiders.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-14-2009, 10:37 PM
I'm pitching a new film in Oakland. "Jaws Will Be Broken". Any takers?

SouthStndJunkie
I was rooting for the Raiders....but if they lose....it is still the Raiders losing.

Win/win.

extralife
Why doesn't anyone ever talk about how LT pretty much hasn't seen the field in the fourth quarter in the last year plus? Shouldn't that be a big deal? Dude is done.

Archer81
09-14-2009, 10:38 PM
I was rooting for the Raiders....but if they lose....it is still the Raiders losing.

Win/win.

+ 1

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-14-2009, 10:38 PM
Stock Raiders.

watermock
09-14-2009, 10:41 PM
The raiders acted like they were up 11.

The only thing I can compare that to is, well, you know....

KevinJames
09-14-2009, 10:45 PM
Whats so impressive about the Chargers? Raiders looked more impressive than they did.......

this division is wide open more than people think

Mr. Elway
09-14-2009, 10:47 PM
Jamarcus Russel is abysmal right now. Enjoyed watching the Raider fans go on an emotional roller coaster only to be let down at the last moment!

The Broncos are capable of beating both of these teams.

KCStud
09-14-2009, 10:50 PM
The Chargers window is almost closed completely. They should have lost tonight. It's very clear that this division is anybody's to take. Their OL still looks average at best. They still have the most talent, but I would not be shocked to see KC or DEN overtake them this year.

Archer81
09-14-2009, 10:51 PM
Jamarcus Russel is abysmal right now. Enjoyed watching the Raider fans go on an emotional roller coaster only to be let down at the last moment!

The Broncos are capable of beating both of these teams.

Yeah we are. The Chargers dont look anything like the most talented team in football, and the Raiders offense and defense was pretty damn simple. Effective today, but very simple.

ludo21
09-14-2009, 10:52 PM
LT not playing in the 4th Q at all is crazy... the guy is almost done.

azbroncfan
09-14-2009, 10:54 PM

Have you been to the bay area before? Now I don't think it's cold enough for that but it doesn't get warm there.

DBroncos4life
09-14-2009, 11:00 PM
The refs gave the Chargers the game ala what happened with Denver in week one of last year. Karma will take the Bolts down just like it did with us last year.

Archer81
09-14-2009, 11:02 PM
The refs gave the Chargers the game ala what happened with Denver in week one of last year. Karma will take the Bolts down just like it did with us last year.

That would be amusing if they had a 4 game lead in the AFC West with four to play and blow it.

SJ Bronco
09-14-2009, 11:11 PM
Have you been to the bay area before? Now I don't think it's cold enough for that but it doesn't get warm there.

Are you kidding, it was 100 just a week ago, it was pretty chilly today though....wait, your in AZ...never mind...100 is like a nice cool spring day to you

Bronco Yoda
09-14-2009, 11:14 PM
The Chargers window is almost closed completely. They should have lost tonight. It's very clear that this division is anybody's to take. Their OL still looks average at best. They still have the most talent, but I would not be shocked to see KC or DEN overtake them this year.

KC? :rofl::giggle:

Merlin
09-14-2009, 11:17 PM
This is the worst this division has looked in decades if not ever. I don't think there is a team worthy of being called avg. I do miss the yrs when our division had 2-3 contenders.

boltaneer
09-14-2009, 11:43 PM
The Chargers window is almost closed completely. They should have lost tonight. It's very clear that this division is anybody's to take. Their OL still looks average at best.

That's being very generous. At least last year, they could pass block effectively. Tonight, they couldn't block five old ladies.

Losing two starters on the line usually is a bad thing but the backups didn't play as bad as I thought they would. This might actually turn out to be a good thing in the long run. They need something to spark that o-line because those five starters (minus Vasquez) has been stinking it up since game one of last year.

Their d-line just stinks as well too when Jamal Williams is out. I saw it in the pre-season but everyone attributed it to the "vanilla" defense they were running but you can just see that they get pushed around too easily.

The run defense clearly improved when Luis "Glass" Castillo went out with his injury and Nwagbuo went in but the pass rush was invisible all night. Merriman is clearly not 100% and the d-line just can't get any push. There's no way they are going to compete with the big boys until they get their trenches improved.

I don't know about the "window is closing" or "division is up for grab" statements though. Those are bold statements after just one week.

DBroncos4life
09-14-2009, 11:46 PM
That's being very generous. At least last year, they could pass block effectively. Tonight, they couldn't block five old ladies.

Losing two starters on the line usually is a bad thing but the backups didn't play as bad as I thought they would. This might actually turn out to be a good thing in the long run. They need something to spark that o-line because those five starters (minus Vasquez) has been stinking it up since game one of last year.

Their d-line just stinks as well too when Jamal Williams is out. I saw it in the pre-season but everyone attributed it to the "vanilla" defense they were running but you can just see that they get pushed around too easily.

The run defense clearly improved when Luis "Glass" Castillo went out with his injury and Nwagbuo went in but the pass rush was invisible all night. Merriman is clearly not 100% and the d-line just can't get any push. There's no way they are going to compete with the big boys until they get their trenches improved.

I don't know about the "window is closing" or "division is up for grab" statements though. Those are bold statements after just one week.

Lets not pretend like SD wasn't a 8-8 team last year. 7-9 might win it all this year.

boltaneer
09-14-2009, 11:47 PM
LT not playing in the 4th Q at all is crazy... the guy is almost done.

LT was out in the 4th quarter because he rolled his ankle earlier. But at this point in time, Sproles is clearly the better back to have in during a two minute drill.

While his running wasn't flashy or anything, LT actually ran pretty well today considering his o-line wasn't opening many holes. But I will say that he just doesn't seem to have the burst that he used to but he's still effective in the right situations. He and Sproles make a great combo.

boltaneer
09-14-2009, 11:48 PM
Lets not pretend like SD wasn't a 8-8 team last year. 7-9 might win it all this year.

I'll be shocked if 7-9 wins the division.

DBroncos4life
09-14-2009, 11:49 PM
I'll be shocked if 7-9 wins the division.

I'd be shocked if you guys win more then 8 so who do you see winning the division?

boltaneer
09-14-2009, 11:53 PM
I'd be shocked if you guys win more then 8 so who do you see winning the division?

My prediction is that you'll be shocked at the end of the season then. :flower:

DBroncos4life
09-14-2009, 11:56 PM

Yeah well I doubt the refs give you every game this season you your OL better learn how to block.

boltaneer
09-15-2009, 12:03 AM
Yeah well I doubt the refs give you every game this season you your OL better learn how to block.

Yes, the o-line better step it up or they're going nowhere in the post season.

The ref comment, I don't get. If you're referring to the TD that was reversed, it was the right call. It's the same as a receiver catching a pass on the sideline. You have to maintain possession even after you hit the ground. Anyone remember the Tampa Bay playoff game a few years ago? Edell Shepard caught a TD pass at the end of the game but lost control when he hit the ground. That cost them the game.

Blame the competition committee, not the refs for making that call.

BTW, it was awesome that Mike and Mike didn't even know the rules since they were stunned with the reversal. I called that immediately. It's pretty sad when the average fan knows more about the rules then the "experts" calling the game.

DBroncos4life
09-15-2009, 12:12 AM
Yes, the o-line better step it up or they're going nowhere in the post season.

The ref comment, I don't get. If you're referring to the TD that was reversed, it was the right call. It's the same as a receiver catching a pass on the sideline. You have to maintain possession even after you hit the ground. Anyone remember the Tampa Bay playoff game a few years ago? Edell Shepard caught a TD pass at the end of the game but lost control when he hit the ground. That cost them the game.

Blame the competition committee, not the refs for making that call.

BTW, it was awesome that Mike and Mike didn't even know the rules since they were stunned with the reversal. I called that immediately. It's pretty sad when the average fan knows more about the rules then the "experts" calling the game.

LOL you guys are not going to the post season.

TheChamp24
09-15-2009, 02:40 AM
I'm going to make a prediction that Jamarcus Russell will be out of the league or backup at best in a few years.
His accuracy is the worst I've seen for a starting QB.

XXXshogunXXX
09-15-2009, 04:32 AM
LOL you guys are not going to the post season.

raiders, chiefs, broncos will sniff no where the post season. Chargers played like ****, raiders played their best, end result. Chargers didnt need luck, you cant expect a stokley anomaly every game

UberBroncoMan
09-15-2009, 05:15 AM
raiders, chiefs, broncos will sniff no where the post season. Chargers played like ****, raiders played their best, end result. Chargers didnt need luck, you cant expect a stokley anomaly every game

... and why the hell not?!

HMMMMMM!?!?!?

400HZ
09-15-2009, 06:52 AM

I can't say that I was overly impressed with San Diego's overall performance, especially the problems that carried over from last year, but I WAS impressed by how they nutted up to get the win. Anybody who thought walking into Oakland on opening weekend would be an easy win for SD is craaazy. Last year the Chargers were down 15-0 going into the 4th quarter.

BTW, did you watch Denver's game? My viewing area just happened to be blessed with it.
http://www.codeodor.com/images/turd.png
Painful to watch, all around.

Right now I'm most interested in watching KC's game and seeing how they hung so long with Baltimore. Denver doesn't frighten me the least bit, and we already stole one from Oakland on the road. KC might be the team that ends up making a push.

zms325i
09-15-2009, 06:56 AM
what about a patented Kyle otron comeback every week? I think we can expect that.

GoBroncos DownUnder
09-15-2009, 07:17 AM
I can't say that I was overly impressed with San Diego's overall performance, especially the problems that carried over from last year, but I WAS impressed by how they nutted up to get the win. Anybody who thought walking into Oakland on opening weekend would be an easy win for SD is craaazy. Last year the Chargers were down 15-0 going into the 4th quarter.

BTW, did you watch Denver's game? My viewing area just happened to be blessed with it.
http://www.codeodor.com/images/turd.png
Painful to watch, all around.

Right now I'm most interested in watching KC's game and seeing how they hung so long with Baltimore. Denver doesn't frighten me the least bit, and we already stole one from Oakland on the road. KC might be the team that ends up making a push.
KC are DEAD, they got away with a close LOSS in week 1, that's their big achievement for the year.
San Diego's O-Line took a beating, and are looking lame despite the win.
Raiders COULD have won ... but still don't know how.
Denver got an ugly (yet spectacular) win, after 3.8 quarters of ugly.

Denver, San Diego, Oakland - first one to 8 wins take the division!:egbgb: If two teams both make 8-8 we'll "paper rock scissors" to see who plays post season!Hilarious!

Mr. Elway
09-15-2009, 07:20 AM

Bold indeed! How dare other AFCW teams think they might be able to contend with the mighty Chargers! :P

PRBronco
09-15-2009, 08:01 AM
Any word on Hardwick's injury?

KS Bronco
09-15-2009, 08:06 AM
I'm going to make a prediction that Jamarcus Russell will be out of the league or backup at best in a few years.

but he's got a rocket arm, which, according to some, makes him a franchise qb! :spit:

Ugly Duck
09-15-2009, 08:22 AM

We have our share of 90s & 100s. Cools down at night when the fog rolls in off the ocean. Heats up again when the fog burns off.

boltaneer
09-15-2009, 08:38 AM
The Patriots looked like garbage last night until the last two minutes against the freakin Bills. It's week one. The sky ain't falling for everyone and teams will get into their groove soon enough.

WolfpackGuy
09-15-2009, 08:48 AM

His first pass was so far off that it probably killed an usher in the stands.

Beantown Bronco
09-15-2009, 09:17 AM
His first pass was so far off that it probably killed an usher in the stands.

Orton did that in practice once, but luckily the usher didn't even get a bruise.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-15-2009, 09:18 AM
Are you kidding, it was 100 just a week ago, it was pretty chilly today though....wait, your in AZ...never mind...100 is like a nice cool spring day to you

Who was the guy who said "the coldest winter I ever experienced was a summer in san francisco" (im probably butchering the quote

loborugger
09-15-2009, 09:27 AM
Who was the guy who said "the coldest winter I ever experienced was a summer in san francisco" (im probably butchering the quote

That was Mark Twain.

I lived in the Bay Area for a couple of years & I remember the summers being cool, cooler than the winters.

KCStud
09-15-2009, 02:55 PM
KC are DEAD, they got away with a close LOSS in week 1, that's their big achievement for the year.
San Diego's O-Line took a beating, and are looking lame despite the win.
Raiders COULD have won ... but still don't know how.
Denver got an ugly (yet spectacular) win, after 3.8 quarters of ugly.

Denver, San Diego, Oakland - first one to 8 wins take the division!:egbgb: If two teams both make 8-8 we'll "paper rock scissors" to see who plays post season!Hilarious!

I wouldn't overestimate KC. Staying with Baltimore until the very end was very impressive. The last time a team put 24 points on the Ravens at home was in 2007 (Patriots). KC was in the game without their best offensive player(Cassel) and best defensive player(Flowers).

It will take time for KC and DEN to mesh tho so I wouldn't doubt it if SD took the division again.

Orange_Beard
09-15-2009, 03:00 PM
I wouldn't overestimate KC. Staying with Baltimore until the very end was very impressive. The last time a team put 24 points on the Ravens at home was in 2007 (Patriots). KC was in the game without their best offensive player(Cassel) and best defensive player(Flowers).

It will take time for KC and DEN to mesh tho so I wouldn't doubt it if SD took the division again.

I wonder how long until Phillip gets killed. He has NO, O-line and it seems that Defensive players don't really seem to like him....When he goes down it is going to get real tough for the Chuggers.

PRBronco
09-15-2009, 03:05 PM
I wonder how long until Phillip gets killed. He has NO, O-line and it seems that Defensive players don't really seem to like him....When he goes down it is going to get real tough for the Chuggers.

Yeah about that, they lost 2 O linemen last night, and there hasn't been a peep about them on the internets today. Hardwick is important, anyone know how bad he was hurt?

broncofan7
09-15-2009, 03:09 PM

Is it a coincidence that Rex Ryan's Defense shutout Houston's offense on the road and BAL minus REX Ryan got 24 hung on them by Brodie Crooyle? I don't think so--the Raven's D will not be NEARLY as formidable--week 1 was a prime example.........

Chris
09-15-2009, 03:34 PM
Here's my faid impression:

Raider's front four - They looked very good with Seymour coming in. Greg Ellis looks much improved as well. I didn't see if Seymour was getting double teamed but it may be the case that with Seymour now Ellis will be more effective.

The D as a whole looked much improved over last year (and they were above average last year), getting a ton of pressure, defending well in the flat, not overpursuing and snuffing out a couple of trick plays. I think their weakness may be, as with us, LBs defending over the middle. Gates got open way too many times in that game. They should have had Asomugha on him all game since he's vastly superior to SD's WRs.

Raiders O - Zach Miller is a big target just like Scheffler, maybe even better (didn't see him dropping any passes, for one). I didn't see how well he was doing with blocking. Beyond him, I don't really think they have anyone that threatens in their receiving game except, strangely enough, for their RBs.

Jamarcus Russell has issues with accuracy but he can definitely throw the thing. I'm curious to see if his C+ performance gets better as the O gets more in sync or if this is a real reflection of his limitations.

Orange_Beard
09-15-2009, 08:09 PM
In the end, the raiders are the raiders.